Who's excited?!

Sniper Changes

Added new sniper rifle replacement, The Huntsman. Instead of a sniper rifle, you have a bow that allows you to move around faster while firing, and fire more quickly than the sniper rifle. Works better at medium range than the standard rifle

Added new SMG replacement, Jarate. If thrown on an enemy they will take more damage for short period of time. Also extinguishes flames on yourself or allies

Added new SMG replacement, The Razorback. Will protect you against a single spy backstab, and stun the spy for a short period of time. Comes with a 15% move speed penalty for the wearer

(THEY'LL ALWAYS HAVE THE KUKRI? D: )

Standard sniper rifle now shoots through friendly players

Added 54 new Sniper voice lines

Added 35 new Sniper achievements

Spy

Added new revolver replacement, The Ambassador. First shot is very accurate and will cause a critical hit if it hits an enemy's head. Accuracy is poor for a period after that

Added new watch replacement, the Dead Ringer. When armed, you will appear in all ways to die to the first damage you take from an enemy. You'll be cloaked for 8 second after taking this damage. Upon de-cloaking you'll make a loud, distinct sound

Added new watch replacement, the Cloak and Dagger. Your cloak meter is only depleted when you move, so you can stay invisible indefinitely if you're standing still

Spy name tags now show up properly when disguised as their own team

Fixed a bug that would cause spectators to see disguise weapons incorrectly

Fixed a bug where enemy spies disguised as friendly spies would have cigarettes that didn't burn

Fixed a bug where overhealing disguised spies would show the wrong overhealing amount to the medic

Made it more obvious on first person view model when your motion cloak is out of juice and you are partially visible

Also made it more obvious on first person view model when you're bumped while cloaked

Improved the way your disguise weapon is determined to make it clearer and fix a couple of rare issues

Spies disguised as enemy spies now get a random mask to help complete the disguise, and their target id will be set appropriately

Spies disguised as medics now have an Ubercharge: line in their disguise target info

Spies outward facing "disguise health" now matches their disguise target when they first apply the disguise

Spies can now pick up health kits for their "disguise health", even when uninjured

Disguise UI doesn't show up in minimum UI mode (hud_minmode)

Spies that disguise as a player using an unlockable now show that unlockable in hand

Spies can now use enemy teleporters

(HAHAHAHAHAHHA, I LOVE YOU VALVE)

Added 70 new Spy voice lines

Added 34 new Spy achievements

Scoreboard changes

Dominations no longer get wiped when teams switch sides

Dead players draw slightly darker in scoreboard

Converted class labels to class icons

All players now display the total number of people they are dominating

General

You now find new and old items as you play, instead of through achievements

(Curses)

Fixed a bug that would cause the scout's ball to regenerate at inappropriate times

Demomen can now detonate their stickies while taunting

Flamethrower's air burst now extinguishes fire on friendly targets

(... D: )

Grenades and rockets deflected by a pyro under the effects of Kritzkrieg will now be criticals

The Heavy and Sniper now have new custom death animations

Fixed payload HUD not updating properly if you join in the middle of a match and the cart isn't moving

Engineer's dispensers now give 20%, 30%, or 40% of player's max_ammo (for each ammo type) on each use, based on the level of the dispenser

(... D: )

Added -sillygibs commandline parameter which will allow the non-violent gibs to be enabled

Added a new taunt for the Kritzkrieg, which also heals for 10 points

Improved the deathcam camera handling used when a player plays a custom death animation

Added missing chalkboard and serverbrowser images for community maps shipped in previous updates

Removed "Final" from map names in the serverbrowser quick list
Because apparently, every TF2 update deserves its own topic here now.
Report:

Ambassador is bugged the hell up. It pierces through multiple targets, has perfect aim (as opposed to only having perfect aim on the first shot as advertised), and does not work well with the 'mini crit' it's supposed to have.

Huntsman is funny and interesting, but it feels like a gimmick weapon so far. I'm getting better with it, so we'll see about it.

Razorback, I got it, but dunno really.

Oh yeah, the unlock system sucks.

Quote (Asator)

Because apparently, every TF2 update deserves its own topic here now.

TF2 is the new Pokemon, Asator. You guys weren't fast enough to nip it in the bud before hand and create a single topic.

That being said...I don't play TF2, so I don't care. Also, throwing jars of piss seems retarded.
Valve, you bastards! Letting me get one good game in before making everything all crazy.

Okay, so I'm having problems entering the servers now. I join and as soon as the first image loads, y'know, the whiteboard one? Not two seconds later the game crashes and sound loops. I'm running an Intel video card, which apparently can mess with the game, but after trying the options listed at https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article...=6956-UGCB-7160 I've come up with no real solutions. However, going into the console panel did give me access to this log, which I'm pretty sure dictates the problem.

Unknown command "sv_backspeed"
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/..\vgui\icon_con_high
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/../vgui/icon_con_medium.vmt
ConVarRef hud_quickinfo doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef topcolor doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef bottomcolor doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef cl_himodels doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef cl_playermodel doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef cl_crosshairusealpha doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef cl_crosshairscale doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef cl_himodels doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef cl_crosshairusealpha doesn't point to an existing ConVar

I'm gonna keep searching, but I figured I'd ask you kind folks for assistance if it's there. Adios.
The entire reason I got the laptop I'm using now is because my old one has an Intel chipset. If you're running one on your computer... Well, I never found a solution.
Actually, the problem sort of sorted itself out. Turns out Eon goes to servers that hate me is all, ahah. I joined a different server and everything turned out hunky dory. I've been playing the crap out of it for 4 hours now.

But that's enough of that. At the end of the day, I've learned what I like best and what I'm best with, and it's kind of depressing. The two classes that I do the most damage with are the ones that haven't gotten an update yet, and the two classes I'm worst with are the ones that just got one. Sheesh.
Alright, fine. It's free to try, so I'm gonna download it and give it a try. DL is at 70% now. Worst case scenario is I'm out ten bucks, right? I'll have to play around with it a bit to get the hang of things, and figure out what class I'd like to play.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Alright, fine. It's free to try, so I'm gonna download it and give it a try. DL is at 70% now. Worst case scenario is I'm out ten bucks, right? I'll have to play around with it a bit to get the hang of things, and figure out what class I'd like to play.

YAY!
My Steam name is EnigmaticSoldier. Friend me or search for the RE:RN group. O:

As for classes, well, I tend to favor spy, medic, engi, and demo, but really I just play whatever the team needs at the moment. You may not even FIND a favorite class.
I'm alphadark1006 on steam if I remember correctly. I mainly play the medic class though...because I sure as fucking hell can't hit a moving target with a weapon. So. I heal people to make myself useful. I do lag a bit and...well...I might buy it if I can get my parents to let me use their paypal account or their credit card.
I play every now and then... I can't get any good at it because my internet won't let me. In case anyone is ever wondering, my steam tag is Morrowlife.

...Not that you'll get an excellent game from me, I lag so bad that I won't know when I'm lagging until next December.
Geez, do all of you have internet troubles? .__.
That sucks.

I've spent around 15 hours playing today and yesterday, and yet I've gotten...
-Two ubersaws
-Bonk!
-Axtinguisher
-Sandvich
and THEN...
-CLOAK AND DAGGER
It's awesome. I also had a weird glitch on two separate servers where it gave me the Dead Ringer without announcing it or putting it in loadout. And only for one life.
I got the Dead Ringer.

I have ten minutes of Spy to my name.

Don't know if I like Pipeline. I don't think I do.

So many Spies.

So many Snipers.

So many free-weekenders.

The horror.
Another 2 hours down on my part. Just got my first real glory as a spy. Pair of engineers were set up next to the spawn point, couldn't take 'em out as a Demoman so I said, "Ah screw it. I can't play Spy, but let's see what happens..." And then slaughtering them. That was nice. But as it stands, I'm pretty much only able to play stuff that requires very little precision thanks to my mousepad. Demoman, Soldier, Medic, etc. And I've always been a terrible sniper. But I might give it a serious try later.
I might buy this once I get back home because I do want to play it. I will give it a try once I am fully home from my weekend and done with my work ya.
@ EN: Pipeline is fun, but it really needs a time limit. Sick of snipers and spies? Either get good at spy to own the noobs or just play pyro. About three deaths after I'd chosen Pyro, I had four dominations and about five places higher up on the scoreboard. It's immediate rape.

@ Tom: Spy, when played right, is the most satisfying class in the game.
Well, I putzed around a bit by myself earlier today, tried to get a feel for the classes and match types. I think I'm comfortable enough to try them out with some people, perferably some people who will be forgiving if I suck... so maybe sometime soon some of us can make a small game so that I can practice, if they're willing. I figure at the very least it'll let some of you achievement hunt or pick up some more time for unlocks.

Also, lol, I played BY MYSELF, and got seven achievements. wtf?
That happens, haha.

Also, we'd have to find an empty server (virtually impossible) because you can't make a non-LAN one without buying a server box.
Uh, what? I thought I made my own server earlier... I was by myself and just played without looking through existing servers. Maybe that was LAN, but I did it on Steam, and set it up with a password and everything. Iduno. I'm new to Steam, so I don't know how it works.

If it was a LAN thing, would running Hamachi allow it to work? I'd really prefer to play with you guys in a casual environment first, if possible.

EDIT: I find it highly unlikely that a popular service like Steam would not offer the ability to play a private game with friends only. That seems like a major oversight, to me.
As far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong guys, but Create Server means you get to play alone unless you're on a LAN connection. You need to actually host a server (and pay for it, mind you) if you want non-LAN people to play with you.

Left 4 Dead has hundreds of dedicated servers so you CAN make a game with just friends. TF2 doesn't.