Support Program Plan OOC

Just a little thread I whipped up because I was curious how everyone felt about this system and thenI wanted to know what you guys were going to do with your support programs if you had some planning as all. I had been looking at it for quite a while, and I must say, it seems pretty good I guess.
bleh. Personally, I don't think they are all that needed, I mean, it's what, 1 in 20 chance you get an SP? The odds are against everyone here. There have been some lucky people, but other than that...They probably shouldn't have been brought up and the chance of someone ACTUALY getting the chance to use two at once is...Astronomical.
I sorta agree with dark. Using two SPs simultaneously seems difficult and cumbersome, but at the same time, if opens a world of possiblities. Having a choice as to which SP to use in different situations can offer a new layer of strategy in battling, as well as aliviate a lot of "OMGWHATSHOULDIMAKEIT" syndrome.

For example, I've never really fleshed out much of Druidman's animal aspect of the 'DnD Druid' He can't morph, and doesn't have Animal companions. When SP's were first introduced, I figured 'Hey, now I can do both!" But I was stumped at what I wanted to make it. I had ideas of animals to use, of course, from a fire-based wolf to an electric based eagle to even a water based crocodile. I was worried about whih\ch I would use, assuming I ever got one. Now, I can, with the extra effort, have all three, giving me a multitude of choices in my fights, as well as my character. Because, really, how complete can a Druid be without a single animal compainion?

So this is a mixed bag for me. I enjoy the idea, but know that it's probably way too expensive to explore fully, at least for now. If I were to go and drop the money needed for all of this stuff, then I'd be severely hindering the plans I already had laid out. By the same token, however, If and When I do get my first SP, the choice will be a whole lot easier knowing that I can always get a fresh one with some effort down the road.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

I had ideas of animals to use, of course, from a fire-based wolf to an electric based eagle to even a water based crocodile.

D=

I'm unsure about Shinokami's, but I'd like the idea of his SP being a shadowy black mass that shifts forms as and when required. So in one turn, it's a sword and in another, it's a gun, etc. I might try and work it in with Shinokami's GMO, Zetsubou no Suugatsu, too. But that's so far down the line, it's not funny...
XD

I didn't even think of Firewolf. They'd be different enough, anyhow. This would be more of a regular wolf that could like, breathe fireballs or poops lava or something. I think that they were all just regular animals, slightly larger and tougher than regular, that had breath weapons for some random reason.
Pooping ... lava? Okay, now I'm thinking of one of the moves Nero does in DMC4 with those firey-dog things where he grabs it, throws it over his shoulders and uses it as a fireball launcher. XD
.....Now you dont want me to RP.

This is something that my subplot idea would love to poke at.
The ass of a lava-shitting dog thing?

I'm sure that's illegal in most states...
I'm planning to separate Volt and Watt, if I get one. I think it'd be an interesting concept, and would allow for the child interaction with navis AT THE SAME TIME as Voltman actually taking things seriously.
I'm trying hopelessly to choose between a Memezord that has all the powers of every meme that Chris can think of, and a little black hole-white hole duo that can suck shit up and spit shit out at random. Any ideas? I honestly can't decide which seems better suited for Binary.

Or, yanno, I could think of something completely different. Like a color-based thingy. COLORZORD.
Agreed...not good, but not bad.

Besides, who would use all that Navicust space to stuff more of these things and scrap their usual stats? I mean, this is a good side for Empress who can have servents some way, but I don't want her to be flawed to the point where she's weak because of lack of Navicust and crap. =/

Quote (Nalerenn)

Zetsubou

ZETSUBOUSHITAAAAAAAAAAA

Eh, I've never thought much of Support Programs. And so far, trying to build up an army of little bastards would cut into my current plans. =(

Interesting concept though.
Well, let's look at that mathematically. The basic starter NCP has 10 free points, so, if you were decide to keep all of your currently equipped Parts, you'd need 50 more points, or 10 upgrades. That right there is 32500 Zenny. Adding in the part itself, that second companion will cost 37500 Zenny.

Now, take a moment to consider what other uses the NCP has. Pretty much either maxing the Buster, or for HP+. Sometimes people will go for Airshoes/Floatshoes, as well.

The Airshoes/Floatshoes combo uses 65 Cust Points, but that's still close enough for this example. Buying 60 points and the parts for this comes out to an even 40000Z.

So, to max the buster from the shops, just from the parts alone, is 22500Z. Since it would need the same amount of points (60) to equip all that, then the total cost of a max buster is 55000Z.

Taking that 60 points again, this time for HP, taking only what you can actually buy at this point into account, you could fit 3 HP+200s. The total cost to do that is a whopping 77500Z!

Now, taking all that together, the SP is actually the cheapest option to use the Navicust for. Some may argue that that is an all at once cost, whereas HP or Buster can be bought in chunks, but just from the investment standpoint, Extra SP is the most cost effective.
this is great, I've been haveing trouble choosing between makeing imp an SP, or my other idea of a succubus(because it cause some interesting situations(SP:HEY! were you staring at her chest?! Void:wha? I...er... SP:You were going to eat her heart without me, wern't you?) if I was going to do it for dateing stuff, I'd write fan fiction just for me and not put it here)

but now I can have both ^-^
Great idea for those who are planning on taking this. I wouldn't personally. There's only one SP that truly fits with Persephone and I can't think of anything else. Maybe a SP version of Soryu so Persephone still has him around... Nah. I stick with 1 SP once I get it.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Well, let's look at that mathematically. The basic starter NCP has 10 free points, so, if you were decide to keep all of your currently equipped Parts, you'd need 50 more points, or 10 upgrades. That right there is 32500 Zenny. Adding in the part itself, that second companion will cost 37500 Zenny.

Now, take a moment to consider what other uses the NCP has. Pretty much either maxing the Buster, or for HP+. Sometimes people will go for Airshoes/Floatshoes, as well.

The Airshoes/Floatshoes combo uses 65 Cust Points, but that's still close enough for this example. Buying 60 points and the parts for this comes out to an even 40000Z.

So, to max the buster from the shops, just from the parts alone, is 22500Z. Since it would need the same amount of points (60) to equip all that, then the total cost of a max buster is 55000Z.

Taking that 60 points again, this time for HP, taking only what you can actually buy at this point into account, you could fit 3 HP+200s. The total cost to do that is a whopping 77500Z!

Now, taking all that together, the SP is actually the cheapest option to use the Navicust for. Some may argue that that is an all at once cost, whereas HP or Buster can be bought in chunks, but just from the investment standpoint, Extra SP is the most cost effective.

*Hi Fives Steve*

I love math, as well as a Man of Math! We totally rule in Wal-Mart comparison prices and store brand items that are cheap, but durable!

*Awards Steve a Bud Light*

Here's to you Mr. RP Forum Mathmatician!

Now then, this could be good idea for Venomess. If I find a Support Program, then I can use them like nursing assistants. XP

I take it this is effective immediately?
Shury! You could make all of Persephone's Summons into SPs! It would take years and a riddiculous amount of zenny, but it could be done!

As for my thoughts...Those XP numbers seem a little wonky. I mean....Can't we just go with nice, round numbers?

Quote (Zanallen)

Those XP numbers seem a little wonky. I mean....Can't we just go with nice, round numbers?

HELLS NO.

THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE, AND WOULD PEOPLE'S HEADS NOT HURT.
Jeezus Christ...
When they expanded it, I was like, "Shit, this is going to take more work than usual, isn't it?"
OH WELL
YOU'LL SEE MORE MYUN HELPING RED FOLD THINGS LIKE LAWN CHAIRS SOON ANYWAY.
[/ramble while frothing from mouth]
BTW, by subplot idea poking....I ment...clones.....as close as I could get to my fair kobo.