Crystem/CrysFist

I got your additional pylons right here...

Idea sniped from Pally, and inspired by "THE PYLONS ARE TRAP BALLS." Kudos to Pally, and Kaj.

Virus: Crystem
HP: 50(X)
Attack: 10(X) elemental (or Break for white)
Special: If there are at least three, Crystems can attack as a team, reflecting light rays through each other to deal 10(X-1) damage.
Drop: CrysFist or [color]CrysFist

Crystems typically do not attack very rapidly. They have little intelligence to speak of and rarely move to avoid attacks, though some Crystems levitate rapidly in simple patterns. Minor Crystems float approximately at a Navi's chest level; others float at head levels, and powerful Crystems can float even higher than that.

Crystems are extremely hard, regular crystals that, scaled to a Navi's usual height, are about two feet in length, and perhaps a third as wide They may be white, red, blue, green, or yellow in color. They attack with colored rays of light that explode on contact with a Navi or other object. A Crystem's color determines its element (a white Crystem has Breaking properties.)

Crystems can be identified in a number of ways. The most obvious are their color and attacks. A red Crystem is Fire, blue is Aqua, green is Wood, and yellow is Elec. Similarly, the color and explosion of a Crystem's attack differs based on its element.

Crystems can also come in many sizes, proportionate to their hit points. Truly frightening Crystems (x=6 or more) can be as much as 15 feet tall, and there seems to be no limit as to how large they can grow.

Some Crystems, however, do not grow larger, but rather, more intense in color. Minor Crystems are typically cloudy or pastel-colored, but as they grow in power, it is possible to see powerful Crystems that are no more than 4-6 feet in length, but are an intense, deep hue.

Chip: CrysFist

Drop Note: All Crystems may drop an unmarked CrysFist 1, 2, or 3, or they may drop a CrysFist of their color.

Damage (Unlabeled): 60/90/120
Damage (Elemental): 60/90/120
Damage (White): 80/120/160 +Break

Some CrysFists may be designated as "Wht," "Red," "Blu," "Grn," or "Yel."

CrysFist strikes the enemy with tremendous force, typically by forming a hard shell around the Navi's hand, knocking them back. Additionally, the shell explodes on contact, causing additional damage with the shrapnel, and possibly elemental damage.

[optional rule] A Program Advance may be performed with CrysFist 1/2/3 or [color]CrysFist 1/2/3, causing the CrysFist to last several rounds (in the same fashion as sword), dealing 150 damage each hit (or 200 for White) The name of the Program Advance is [color]CrysKnife.
Crystem and CrysFist are done! Comments, please!

Wow. A user reg with a PA...

You have my vote. If I had one... V_V *nods*
Mine has a PA, as well...

At any rate, this is a pretty cool take on what I assume was the same general idea I had, that is, a multi-elemental virus/chip that would supply the basic toolbox of most Navis.
Sounds cool to me. Yeah, I had a multi-elemental idea as well, though mine may be a little overpowered as it is a single virus that can produce an omni-elemental attack. I like the PA there. Not enough multi-use PAs.
What I tried for was simpicity and versatility. These things can be used as swarms, or they can be that one really scary fight just before a boss/miniboss, or they can be the boss itself. You can also have one really scary one (or a couple really scary ones) in the same fashion as a MegaMet or SuperGloop.

Also I tried for design coolness. The inspiration was "Additional Pylons," and Pally told me that I should create it, as he might have a problem creating something weak enough to be widely used.

I hope I don't get arrested for the Dune copyright infringement ^^
But is this mascot material? Silly crystals? And I sense too much Magic the Gathering... And how many chips will there be? One for each color and one without any color?
Near as I can tell there will be 15 chips. 3 for each color. 5 at each level. Meaning there's technically 5 PA's here. But that's just from what I've read here.

Excellent job with this idea, Kazu. Kudos.
Damnit...I'm gonna lose this competition TT^TT
*MeleeMan tries to grab crystals and tear apart*

*Can't find suitable place to hook fingers under*

*Cries*

I like them quite well so far as abilities and chip, except that I find the idea of more floating genericly-shaped objects kind of disturbing, consider we've already made DBLCubes, Maruballs, AkaiCubes, etc. XD
I actuall intended for 18 chips, with WhtCrysFist being a more powerful incarnation of CrysFist. That, however, may be unneccecary.

I'm sure you can see, though, that WhtCrysFist is substantially more powerful than a weak virus with 50 HP would normally drop. Compare it to... say... a Guard, a Cannon, a Zapring, a RingLog.
Okay, so just how much is the idea hurt by the fact that it's another floating object of doom?
We've got a lot of floating virus and once again one with multiple elements. We'll end up with more than a V1, V2 and a V3 virus. But hey, we'll see eventually. Maybe the members want that kind of stuff.

Also... MY EGGIE DOES NOT FLOAT. He rolls...