New Navi Proposal

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Yes, but you can have your strong Navi go bust in harder areas to get strong chips, then use your weaker Navi to blitz through it's early stages.

At the same time, it won't matter how fast they go through the early stages and would probably even be more convenient without drawback... if it weren't for the fact that we're talking about having some mechanical advantage from getting the multi-Navi upgrade now. ^^;

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Yes, but you can have your strong Navi go bust in harder areas to get strong chips, then use your weaker Navi to blitz through it's early stages.

But then your navi will be, what, leel 5 or 6, so it will be facing a lot of battles without any hp or speed upgrades that are ment for those with more hp. Yes, you could blitz the earlier areas, but you would get creamed at the bosses and hurt at the sub bosses. Also, you'd have to spend a couple thousand in order to buy the PUs necessary to have the right amount of sig attack for your new navi. Also, why spend the money for a new navi to grind through the early areas when you can just do that with your already esablished navi, who would be stronger and not cost as much to get up to speed? The only real reason to make a new navi is for RP and Story purposes.
Precisely. Even if you had 30 premium BattleChips, it would currently only equal a lvl 6 Navi with no speed, HP or SigAttk upgrades. You may get through battle 5, but you deffinately won't be making it through 10 or beyond in any Net. So, there really is no mechanical value with this setup. You are basically paying for a bit more creative freedom.
Iduno. How far do you think you could get when you have powerhouse chips, perhaps a couple PAs, and good defence chips such as Aura? You may not get through battle 15, but you'll blitz up to that point so fast, you'd be earning much more zenny at a much higher rate, quickly powering up your second guy with the the upgrades.

Heck, you could make a second Navi which is strictly for bringing in as much zenny as fast as possible, strictly for use on your primary Navi.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Heck, you could make a second Navi which is strictly for bringing in as much zenny as fast as possible, strictly for use on your primary Navi.

Ah, but if you grind with your primary navi instead, you would get just as much money to upgrade him with, AND you wouldn't have spent a ton of money on the extra navi slot.
I voted yes for a few reasons. While I only switched navis between boards, its still a pain when one of your navi's buds gets swapped out, thus making their FXP kind of worthless. Plus, there have also been a few navis that I've been sad to see go. Plus, this would give me the chance to incooperate more of my navi's family in the battle. Even though I probably wouldn't customize my second and third navis that much, I'd still be willing to pay a decent chunk of change just to vary what kind of character I'm able to use and also expand upon the characters that'd normally be stuck as NPCs. In any case, those are my thoughts.
I just thought about it, but... With this we could also have two VS two Navi battles. Or three VS three. Otherwise we keep having one VS one battles at the colloseum. It'd be fun to do.
I'd also like to add that most, if not all, people want to do it for RP reasons. Not really the so-called strength reasons. And even if you can train the second one easily...
Maybe an idea... Might be a bit weird though... A Navi cannot use level 2 or 3 chips if he can't get in the Rogue Net. The rest you can figure out, right? Can't spill spoilers.
Sure there's something to make this work. Look at the work we've already done on RERN. Shurely we can figure out something.
2v2 & 3v3? i hadn't even thought of the awsome of that. Shjur, you are a genious!
A reminder that you only have till this Wednesday to vote and get your opinion heard.

I'd just like to throw this idea down...Joint Navi Missions.

2/3-Man Infiltration Squads...Think of the possibilities for spicing up GMO Missions.
what about a "dual tech" sig attacks. a pool of points based on the lowest level navi in the group. thats seperate from each individual navis points...

the points would be spent on attacks for two of the navis, such as an electric navi charging up a robotic navi...

...or something...
I was actaully thinking of grou attacks based on the weakest navi's level as well.
Navis operated by navis

Sperate folders for each navi for the level problem, you get your new navi and your old one sacrifices their newbie chips (or others if the newbie chips are gone) so the new navi can have something to use. Then you dont have an automatic leve 6 navi blazing thru battle 1-2-3-4-5's.
Thoughts on 2v2 things... Umm... isn't that why you get an actual partner?

I mean, giving people more Navis is fine, but letting them control more Navis in say, an event gives me headaches.

@Common: What's to stop someone from just swapping folders?
I believe Shury was speaking only of the PVP Colosseum. Getting four people to together to PVP could be a tad difficult, but two people would be rather simple. If each of those people had 2 Navi to control......See what I'm getting at?
Indeed. Multi-navi operations would be limited to PVP, and possibly subplots in very limited situations.

Also, a reminder:

THIS POLL CLOSES TOMORROW WHEN I GET HOME FROM CLASS. SO VOTE AND COMMENT NOW OR FOREVER STFU ABOUT IT.[b][font=Courier][/b][/font]

Quote (Shuryou)

I just thought about it, but... With this we could also have two VS two Navi battles. Or three VS three. Otherwise we keep having one VS one battles at the colloseum. It'd be fun to do.
I'd also like to add that most, if not all, people want to do it for RP reasons. Not really the so-called strength reasons. And even if you can train the second one easily...
Maybe an idea... Might be a bit weird though... A Navi cannot use level 2 or 3 chips if he can't get in the Rogue Net. The rest you can figure out, right? Can't spill spoilers.
Sure there's something to make this work. Look at the work we've already done on RERN. Shurely we can figure out something.

People do enjoy RPing multiple people at Makai.

At the same time, I'm worried that I couldn't think of any partner navis for MeleeMan at all. DX

Quote (Don)

Quote (Shuryou)

People do enjoy RPing multiple people at Makai.

At the same time, I'm worried that I couldn't think of any partner navis for MeleeMan at all. DX

What about Rangedman and Supportman?
Or 'ObviousRipoffofaZ-Fighterman'?

Just kidding :3

Maybe Karateman, or Monkman, or SpiritualGuideMan.
what about that guy that was in that... highschool... superpower...mini rp... thing...

Gaurdian U! that was it...

"DET-TER-MAN-A-TION!!!!" the gym teacher...