New Navi Proposal

Multi-Navi System Proposal
Now with Turbo-Handling!

[The Problem]

Players get bored of their Navis and switch them quite often. Unfortunately, they often get bored of this second Navi, ans either make a third or switch back to the first.

This aims to help reduce navi re-registration by allowing players to have up to three Navis, which can be switched between as often as liked.

[Basic Assumptions]

[li]Players switch Navis several times.
    [li]Some players switch many times.
    [li]Players often return to old favorites after a certain time.
    [li]Each change requires the person to go through the entire registration process, taking up a decent chunk of RP time for them and forcing the Reg Approvers to make sure they aren't trying to get away with anything sly.
  • We want to discourage multiple accounts based on people wanting more than one navi.
[How It Works]

A new upgrade is made available at Suitachi's shop, called "PET Upgrade". This upgrade maxes at 2, and requires a level of 10 to buy the first upgrade, and a combined 20 for the second. It costs X thousand zeny and 2X thousand zeny.

This upgrade allows a player to register another Navi. The new navi must follow the normal registration rules.

Each navi grows independently of the others in the PET. Players must link to each navi in their sig. Each Navi page must be kept up to date with its respective upgrades, sigs, and stats.

As a side note, I propose a section for Support Programs to be posted, so they can be linked to separately.

Levels from chips apply to all navis, but are only counted once in calculating the players total level.

[Benefits, Limitations, and Balance]

[li]Players cannot change navi's mid-battle or event.
    [li]Only one navi may be jacked in at a time.
    [li]Players may only obtain one BODY ODOR, PHOENIX WRIGHT, or DUMB COUSIN, which will only apply to the navi who won it.
    [li]Players may only obtain one Support Program, which is shared between the Navis.
    [li]Players may only switch navis when not jacked in.
    [li]Players are limited to three navis. If they want another, they must replace one of their currently active navis, and lose the progress made on them.
    [li]Players are not forced to make more than one navi.
    [li]Players who choose to do so are taking a cut in their power for more flexibility and possible creativeness.
    [li]Chips count towards the level of all navi's owned.
    [li]Upgrades are navi specific.
    [li]The restrictions on special abilities and SP's ensure that one person cannot have 3 of the most powerful navis in the end game.
  • We have signature tabs, which allows us to keep small sigs even if we have a buttload of information.
---------------------

Vote. Post reasoning. Spam and die.
I voted yes mostly because I know others would be interested in this, but I have a question. Would the Navi be allowed to be in the network to be like... A spectator? IC reason why the Navi can't fight would be that the PET can only guide specific instructions to one Navi and changing it would take too much time.

This has been asked before in 'the other place', but... Do the two/three Navis actually have something to do with each other? No team attack? No shift? Nothing like 'divide the actions between Navis'? That sounds pretty lame for something that costs way too much. You only get extra room in creativity, not in flexibility. The Navis can only be changed OUTSIDE the Networld, so their HP would be automatically maxed. If they could be changed BETWEEN battles, then people would have an easier time to reach the infamous battle 20. Where exactly do you see the 'extra flexibility' options?

Quote (Shuryou)

I voted yes mostly because I know others would be interested in this, but I have a question. Would the Navi be allowed to be in the network to be like... A spectator? IC reason why the Navi can't fight would be that the PET can only guide specific instructions to one Navi and changing it would take too much time.

This has been asked before in 'the other place', but... Do the two/three Navis actually have something to do with each other? No team attack? No shift? Nothing like 'divide the actions between Navis'? That sounds pretty lame for something that costs way too much. You only get extra room in creativity, not in flexibility. The Navis can only be changed OUTSIDE the Networld, so their HP would be automatically maxed. If they could be changed BETWEEN battles, then people would have an easier time to reach the infamous battle 20. Where exactly do you see the 'extra flexibility' options?

I think the idea would moreso be that if you wanted to fight a Navi that was infamously fire elemental or barrier stopping, you'd have an entirely different build to work with. That's where the flexibility comes from.

I see your point, though, that it seems like some major mechanical advantage should come from this spending of 10,000 for a new Navi and having to buy new upgrades to get a Navi of equal level.

I'm not sure what's to be done about it, but I do think I'd rule out simple Pokemon style swap-out. Two Navis for the prices of one would bulldoze Nets too quickly. I don't see any reason, though, that they couldn't be out-of-combat at the same time. Maybe you can only set the battle routine for one Navi at once, would be the logic?

But I agree, we need to find some way to make this at least minorly profitable from an IC standpoint, as we've learned from .GMO missions already that people aren't always willing to work for a purely creative advantage. It would be even moreso in the case where one was working toward tens of thousands of zenny. I'm not entirely against the idea of in-battle swap out, but having that raw power would be too much. It would have to be tweaked somehow. On the other hand, there's the options of Navichips for them to work with or some kind of team attack we may have to work out. I don't really know. ^^;

I'm kind of iffy on the idea of them both fighting at once, in the Net especially as opposed to the Arena... I don't know why, but it seems like that might be too much.

Another thing I'm curious about: I don't have any objections to this idea myself, and so far I've seen good reception to it. However, out of everyone who has responded I've only heard one person seem emphatic about using it themselves. Anybody besides Zan actually planning to shell out the money to use this?
Depending on how this will look like in the end, I'd make a second one.
Me, of course.

Gotta get Miyu, Celeste, and some other non-developed navi yet all going :3
--------------------------

The reason they cant be swapped while in the net is because getting to battle 20 would be easier. Battle 20 is supposed to be the 'holy grail' of each net, and beating it will give people good things, which we won't want just anybody with three weak navis who can bum rush a net getting.

As for team attacks and the like, there have been ideas said. Nothing is concrete though, as working on them at this point would be silly, since we're not even sure if people will be receptive of this.

The only thing I could possibly see not being completely imba would be a 1 shot summon attack, using a certain sig attack. As for it being 1 shot a battle or 1 shot a login, iunno.

Price isnt set yet, too. It's just a starting point. It could be 2.5 / 5k, or up to 10/20k.
what if they switch between battles, but don't heal when doing that + keep the same level of cooldown...

I dunno, but i'd like to see this...
Well, for the most part I really do like this idea. Of course, I too would like to see some sort of mechanical effect at a latter date, but I am happy with just being able to switch characters every once in a while without having to risk losing everything with a Navi Swap. Of course, if there will be no IC advantages aside from boosting creativity, then the price really should be dropped.

That being said, the response seems generally positive. Shall we impose a time limit for this poll so that it doesn't vanish due to inactivity? Perhaps...One week?
Darkstar likes the idea, so i say yes, and now i won't have to get rid of Nikko, should this be implamented into the RP. GO FOR IT NOW!
Indeed, the poll will close nest Wednesday. Then, depending on feedback and if we need to tweak anything, it'll be out sometime withing the two weeks after that.
Anyone here played Dragon Warrior Monsters?

Or if not, Makai Empire will do.

The bad part being the cost and level 10 restrictions, having multiple navis in a battle would increase the number of virii and would put a roleplay strain on the player.

The good news is that you could raise an unbeatable squad of tactically superior soldiers.

Although, this would take away from the member co-op side of RolePlaying, which makes this idea rather redundant.

Canis Canem Edit and all that.

Quote (legoroy2)

Anyone here played Dragon Warrior Monsters?

Or if not, Makai Empire will do.

The bad part being the cost and level 10 restrictions, having multiple navis in a battle would increase the number of virii and would put a roleplay strain on the player.

The good news is that you could raise an unbeatable squad of tactically superior soldiers.

Although, this would take away from the member co-op side of RolePlaying, which makes this idea rather redundant.

Canis Canem Edit and all that.

Multiple Navis in battle? Squad? You have either one or the other. Not both in the battle. Do try and read the first post next time.
I am getting a bit off pace with Geyser, but I don't want to replace him. This gives me an option that, if I wait a while, I will be able to use a new navi with a different theme that fits with my charecter. I aprove of this flexibility.
I vote yes. I love Binary as a Navi, yet I'm gonna be switching Navis (AGAIN) once my subplot finishes. (Read: When hell freezes over. Twice.)
Whatever, do what you will with it, I don't think I should really be posting here unless offering some constructive criticism anyway. D:
I seriously believe this is the best idea i've seen in a long while. Makes up for the whole element switching ban.
Quite frankly, I don't see the reason to have a purchasing system implemented at all unless there's some kind of in-game benefit. If we're just doing it to have a second/third Navi available for use, why not just make it an option that's available to us?

For example, while I'm quite fond of my CrushMan/Charles combo, they can get a little too angsty and sometimes I feel like doing something a little more light hearted. What's more, I've got a few Navi ideas I'd like to toy with, but have been unable to simply because I didn't want to lose CrushMan and all the work I'd done with him. I'd be a real drag, y'know?

So why not simply have the option, as a player, to retire a Navi and/or Operator to adopt new characters. No money. No overcomplication. Simply make an extra sub-forum labelled retired characters or museum or history books or what the hell ever, then make a topic in there with the character you're retiring. Then just make a new one. Voila. Simple as that. And when you're ready to go back to good ol' what'shisname, you're free to do so, simply retire your current character.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of a combination/team attack with other Navi's you've created seems cool, but it also seems like the proposed solution is an overcomplicated answer to a simple question.
"I HAVE MY MAIN MAXED GAIZ, HELP ME POWERLVL MY ALT. DUNT WARRY I GOT LIFEAURAZ AND AWESUM CHIPS!"

No. No. No.
if the navis share the chips, that's a good portion of levels, and that alone would be good enough for me...

also, mabey the package could include the sig boosts for the starting levels, that would help even it out...

Quote (Harbin)

"I HAVE MY MAIN MAXED GAIZ, HELP ME POWERLVL MY ALT. DUNT WARRY I GOT LIFEAURAZ AND AWESUM CHIPS!"

No. No. No.

Well, since you can only use ONE navi at a time, min/maxing a navi can be suicidal as you canot switch navi's in an event, or een in a single thread. Also, it's mostly for roleplaying purposes, so really the alternates won't be that powerful right off the bat... ok a bit powerful from the chips, but that's just so you don't suddenly suck and have to work hard with your navi to make battle interesting again.

Quote (Zolem)

Quote (Harbin)

No. No. No.

Well, since you can only use ONE navi at a time, min/maxing a navi can be suicidal as you canot switch navi's in an event, or een in a single thread. Also, it's mostly for roleplaying purposes, so really the alternates won't be that powerful right off the bat... ok a bit powerful from the chips, but that's just so you don't suddenly suck and have to work hard with your navi to make battle interesting again.

Yes, but you can have your strong Navi go bust in harder areas to get strong chips, then use your weaker Navi to blitz through it's early stages.