About the New Subtype

Quote (ForteZanzo)

Sword: Emphasizing close-up combat, Sword Navis are often the ones leading the charge, their trusty weapons at their sides.

Wind: Like the gusts they're named after, Wind Navis unleash a torrent of weak attacks, meant to sweep away opponents by the sheer magnitude of strikes.

Cursor: Expert marksmen, Cursor Navis rely on precision and calm.

Break: Demolition experts, Break Navis are slow and ponderous--but their attacks are able to crush almost all ordinary defenses!

Normal: These guys can't seem to make up their minds on what they want to be. However, this gives them a great deal of flexibility, allowing them to adapt to almost any situation!

Recover: Gifted in the art of healing themselves and allies, Recover Navis are able to convert damaging weaponry into restorative tonics.

Mechanical:

Sword:
+ Swordplay: Once per turn, can add a free dodge to 2 consecutive melee attacks.

Wind:
+Gust: Once per turn, may call up winds to manipulate the position of one object, whether it be the Navi itself, another Navi, a virus, or an object. (No actions).

Cursor:
+ Snipe: Once per turn, can increase the accuracy of a mid-long range attack. (No actions.)

Break:
+ Smash: Twice per turn, can add "Breaking" to attack. (1 action.)

Normal:
+ Untapped power: Once per turn, add (10 + Level/2), rounded down to nearest 5, to TOTAL damage of an attack.

Recover:
+ Conversion: Able to turn any of their own attacks into a directable heal, the heal restoring an amount equal to the damage (or 50% of dmg if using a chip) of the sacrificed attack. (No additional actions other than actions devoted to attack)

Sooo...Lemme get this straight (I'll put this all into Action form)

Swords:
1: Sword @ MetA
2: Sword @ MetA
Ability: Dodge
3: Sword @ MetA

Winds:
Ability: Move the Cannondumb next to Met with the gust
1: AirShot @ Cannondumb (Clashes into MetA)
2: Cannon @ MetA
3: Dodge

Cursor:
1: Sword @ Spikey
Ability: Snipe
2: Shotgun @ Molokov behind Cannondumb
3: Cannon @ Cannondumb

Break:
1: Adds Break into RageClaw
2: RageClaw (40/Break/Grapple) @ Hidden Met

Normal: (Lvl 10)
1: Sword @ HeelnaviA
2: Sword @ HeelnaviA
3: Sword @ HeelnaviA
Total: 240 + (10 +10/2) = 255 Dmg

Recover:
Ability: Conversion the first two chips
1: HeatShot @ AllyA
2: Cannon @ AllyA
Total: 40/2 + 40/2 = 40HP heal

Ok...I hope that's how it went. The only thing that's confusing me is the Normal's ability...will the damage be divided to each enemies or is it only for one enemy?
I think norm navis get that plus dmg for 1 attack of their choice.

Anyway the new subtypes rawk in my opinion, tho the effects seem kinda small compared to the old ones.

However it makes adding subtypes easy; Invis can do a counter attack for a successful dodge, for example.

Quote ()

Normal:
+ Untapped power: Once per turn, add (10 + Level/2), rounded down to nearest 5, to TOTAL damage of an attack.

It says total...So I'm not sure if the extra goes into an one attack

Quote ()

Normal:

Emphasis is on 'an' there. One of your attacks per turn is boosted. The total is so that you can't use a muti-hitter to add the bonus over and over each turn.
So...do sword types not get chip bonuses or penalties for certain chips anymore?
Correct.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

Quote ()

Normal:

Emphasis is on 'an' there. One of your attacks per turn is boosted. The total is so that you can't use a muti-hitter to add the bonus over and over each turn.

Ahh, make sense^^

Quote (LordHothead)

So...do sword types not get chip bonuses or penalties for certain chips anymore?

Ye gods! I didn't even think of that!

<<
>>
<<

MY MARKCANNON!
So... That means Recovery doesn't get only 10 from an HP Memory, right? Sweet.
HURAH! now i can attack with ALL my actions AND get two dodges.....i just learned something great today....ULTIMA! *shot* ouch....damn sniper....anyways....YAY! i get all sword-type attacks AND have dodges too!!
Spamming still gets you same results though darkstar heh.... *BLADE SNAPS IN HALF* Braden's Version *BLADE SNAPS IN HALF AND IMPALES USER*
*Takes out ryno and blows braden to kingdom-come* now then....with FULL damage to projectiles.....THATS worth the new changes.

Quote (darkstar1006)

HOORAH! Now I can attack with ALL of my actions AND get two dodges.

Note: Grammar Nazi changes in bold.
Note2: The "HOORAH" could also be spelled "HURRAH", depending on how you're saying it.

Yeah. Not quite. Read the rules. They now, quite clearly, state that,

Quote (The New Rules)

Sword:
+ Swordplay: Once per turn, can add a free dodge to 2 consecutive melee attacks.

The rule in question is bolded for convenience. ONCE A TURN. Only one dodge. Even if you had six actions and melee attacked with all of them, you'd only get one dodge.
My dodges are gone...
But... I got better stuff technically.
I can still Fly oh-so-high in the air right?
Si, senor!

Quote (RevivedSin)

My dodges are gone...
But... I got better stuff technically.
I can still Fly oh-so-high in the air right?

Only if you spend your "move something" action, to fly, I presume.
No, all navis can technically fly but flying now offers no mechanical benefits. or anything like that.
I see, so... everyone can fly?
The hell?
Oh whatever... I'm going to lift fluffy off the ground now.
Everyone can fly? Hm...that could come in handy for some of Pianissimo's future sig attacks...maybe...
This is by no means saying that we ENCOURAGE to fly. XD It just means that anybody who had a reason to would be able to, but only as fluff. No mechanical advantage.