Hare Raising Magic

"Hmm...I wonder. A virus is still a virus. If he well and truly wanted to hurt someone, I'm not sure anyone actually could stop him. Unless you can, like, control him somehow...I dunno, I'm just rambling about something I don't really know much about." Anathema thoughtfully rested her hands on the back of her head, unintentionally puffing out her chest a bit in the process. She looked over at Jazz as he got another chip, and rolled her eyes at the description. "Another defense? Lame! Sometimes a little exposure is nice, ya know?"

Also, his operator did a trade, too? Weird timing, but maybe..."Alda! Question!"

"...What is it?"

"Did you, by any chance, get a HiCannon and AirStorm in the trade you just made?"

"Er, yes, actually. How did you know that quickly?"

"Heh, you just traded with Jazz's operator!"

"Huh, small world."

"I know, right?" The witch Navi started to recline while floating in the air, taking a moment to look up at the sky. "Really? I've only existed for a couple of months, but I still know just how to annoy Alda if I want to. And sometimes, when I don't want to...I can't imagine what it's like to lose everything you've worked towards your entire life in essentially a single day, but, well, if that ever happens to me, I hope I'm not quite as bitter as she is." She let out a sigh, but proceeded to learn the many uses of BugFrags. "Really? Someone actually buys them? What's the going rate, I wonder? ...Support Programs, huh? Hmm, maybe I can make a cute virus SP, like a more permanent version of your Swordy! I dunno what I'd make, though. I'd have to do some research first. ...Ooh, free chips for them? ...Yeah, that'd take a while at this rate. On the other hand, free chip!" She went silent for a moment, but then shrugged. "Well, not like I have to decide what to do with them this instant. ...So..." Anathema straightened up, and started looking around. "So, any ideas on where to go next? Hopefully there's something around here that's less...destructible than those bushes."
Jazz would shrug at Anathema's question. I only recently met her...eh...maybe a week or so ago? Around there, yea. I was a rogue navi for the longest time. Been around for over thirty years, since before the bird and wolf cybeasts were reawakened. It's...been a long time since I've been operated like this, honestly. Feels good to have more than just my thoughts when fighting.

Jazz inhaled deeply, closing his eyes. Also, for the record, it's good to have a little protection, kiddo. He said with a cheeky grin, reaching to give Anathema a pinch on her ass. Anyways, why don't you try picking a place to go this time, I'll be close on your heels.
"Wow, so I'm the veteran, here? That's kinda odd-THIRTY YEARS?!" Whatever powers Anathema used to float, could apparently be broken by shock, as she plummeted back to the ground. Which wasn't exactly solid, thanks to earlier actions. If they weren't covered before, her arms, legs, and breasts were now completely covered in mud. "Ick! I'm sure I look sexy with all this mud on me, but I really wouldn't mind a nice waterfall and a quick shower. At this rate, I'm gonna have mud where it's really hard to get out...yeah, I feel some oozing on down in that direction already...now why did I...oh, right. Seriously, how'd you live as a rogue Navi for 30 years?! Way I've heard it, that's basically a death sentence!"

The witch Navi rolled over, and got up on all fours, just in time to feel a certain sensation on her buttock. "Ooh! Oh, I see. You like to see a girl from behind, don't you? Well, if you want it so bad, I'll give it to you...this time, at least!" With that, she started to float again, making sure her rear was in full view of Jazz. Shaking it a little as she moved, she picked a direction and started moving. There wasn't much of a reason for which way she'd chosen...she just knew it wasn't the way they came in, and that was good enough for now. Besides, who cared about ingredients when someone was interested in her ass like that?

(Searching for Battle #3)
Jazz inhaled deeply at her question, closing his eyes again despite what he saw. Was really not easy. Had a decent amount of connections before I became rogue...legal and illegal. IPC...wait, I think they're called the Net Police now...Net Mafia before I burned my bridges with them, and mostly keeping my head down. There's a reason I'm a demolitions expert and there's a reason I'm still alive. Nobody expects a rabbit to blow you up with a well placed Mine. Jazz firmly explained, making hand gestures and motions alongside his explanation.

Jazz could only chuckle to himself as she got up, watching that ass intently. Heh. Who doesn't? He responded as he began to follow the witch. Iiiiiiiii'd better get those recorders ready...this could get real hot real quick.

(Battle 3)
[+6 FXP.]

Going down the hill from where they came from, the pair found themselves in a winding valley of sorts, where the terrain started to form what resembled a wetter sort of forest. Overhead, large trees formed a canopy over the forest floor, which seemed to be growing more sparse of shorter trees and started to look a bit more bog-like. The soil began to stick to their boots and paws, evident of the soil getting wetter, until they eventually came full stop to a large clearing, dominated by a pool of mud that halted their path. Bordering the pools of mud were a set of three mangrove trees, whose roots snaked about and intertwined within the mud to a ridiculous degree that they started to look less like trees and more like simply a wall of roots.

Within the pool of mud, a trio of Mudfeesh were flopping about, having a jolly bit of fun with each other, while around the area, a collection of plant-type viruses thrived. To their right, a pair of Shrubby rooted themselves in front of a KillPlant, hidden further within the network of roots. On the far end of the pool, a Bandcoon seemed to be commandeering a pair of Needlers stuck in the mud, cradling what appeared to be a shining green Mystery Data crystal. Behind them, a KillPlant seemed to be eyeing them from within the network of roots, but was otherwise not really doing anything. The Mudfeesh seemed to take note of the new visitors first, and they seemed to be hyped up to try and greet the two, though their definition of hospitality probably involved being bodyslammed painfully.

-- Viruses --
MudfeeshMudfeesh (Mudfeesh)

This virus looks like a sausage shaped fish with a brown underbelly, a blue/green/red/black back (depending on the version) with a wavy dorsal fin, a mouth that constantly gasps for air, beady little eyes and a large flat tail that it uses to propel itself. It moves by flopping around very erratically, granting the family a passive dodge effect.

Area: Yoka, Okuden Valley, Beach, Yumland

HP: 60
Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Wood + Impact + Slow
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: It leaps at its target, attempting to slam into it with its slimy belly.
Element: Wood
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): MudFlop1, Zenny
Special: One passive dodge per turn.
-Creates mud terrain where it moves.
A: 60 HP (Middle of Mud pool)

This virus looks like a sausage shaped fish with a brown underbelly, a blue/green/red/black back (depending on the version) with a wavy dorsal fin, a mouth that constantly gasps for air, beady little eyes and a large flat tail that it uses to propel itself. It moves by flopping around very erratically, granting the family a passive dodge effect.

Attack Description: It leaps at its target, attempting to slam into it with its slimy belly.
B: 60 HP (Middle of Mud pool)

C: 60 HP (Middle of Mud pool)
ShrubbyShrubby (Shrubby)

Shrubby viruses take cover when they are not attacking. Shrubby viruses teleport from behind cover when attacking, but never at any other time. If there is nothing on the field to use as cover against an enemy, and the only other viruses on the field are Shrubbies or viruses that cannot provide cover against attacks, they will stop attacking and attempt to flee starting next turn. Later versions of the Shrubby virus carry rockcube chip data, and will use that to make new cover when none is available.

Area: ACDC, Okuden Valley, Dentech

HP: 50
Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Wood + Ground Attack + Attack Target Pair
Attack Accuracy: C
Attack Description: Rolls a 10 HP log at opponent. The log is 2 panels wide, and can cross broken or missing terrain if only one of the two panels it crosses is broken or missing. This attack can hit up to two side-by-side targets, and can stop direct incoming attacks, but is stopped by objects.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): RollingLog1, Zenny
Special: If the Ring Log falls into Sea Terrain, it will remain there and float as a 10 HP Wood Element object that covers two panels.
Special: If the Ring Log strikes an object, it will remain there as a 10 HP Wood Element object that covers 2 panels.
Special: If the Ring Log crosses a Lava Panel, it will burst into flame.
A: 50 HP (In front of KillPlant B, Mud)
ShrubbyShrubby (Shrubby)

Shrubby viruses take cover when they are not attacking. Shrubby viruses teleport from behind cover when attacking, but never at any other time. If there is nothing on the field to use as cover against an enemy, and the only other viruses on the field are Shrubbies or viruses that cannot provide cover against attacks, they will stop attacking and attempt to flee starting next turn. Later versions of the Shrubby virus carry rockcube chip data, and will use that to make new cover when none is available.

Attack Description: Rolls a 10 HP log at opponent. The log is 2 panels wide, and can cross broken or missing terrain if only one of the two panels it crosses is broken or missing. This attack can hit up to two side-by-side targets, and can stop direct incoming attacks, but is stopped by objects.
Special: If the Ring Log falls into Sea Terrain, it will remain there and float as a 10 HP Wood Element object that covers two panels.
Special: If the Ring Log strikes an object, it will remain there as a 10 HP Wood Element object that covers 2 panels.
B: 50 HP (In front of KillPlant B, Mud)
KillPlantKillPlant (KillPlant)

Area: Beach, Yumland, Netfrica, Dentech

HP: 100
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Wood
Primary Attack Accuracy: C
Primary Attack Description: The virus spits a large wooden seed at one target, like a bomb. If it misses, it remains on the field for one turn.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Wood + Ground + Line Attack + Aqua Boost(+30 Wood, +AccuracyUP)
Secondary Attack Accuracy: C / B
Secondary Attack Description: If the seed is left alone for one turn, it will erupt into a Wood Tower attack. If the seed is hit by any Aqua based attacks or it lands on a Sea Panel, it will double in power and speed.
Possible Rewards (Per virus): TreeBomb1, Zenny
Special: This virus is immobile.
- The Seed is immune to damage.
- Fire and Impact will destroy the Seed.
- This virus attacks every other turn, starting on the first turn.
A: 100 HP (Hiding inside Roots A)

Primary Attack Description: The virus spits a large wooden seed at one target, like a bomb. If it misses, it remains on the field for one turn.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Wood + Ground + Line Attack + Aqua Boost(+30 Wood, +AccuracyUP)
Secondary Attack Description: If the seed is left alone for one turn, it will erupt into a Wood Tower attack. If the seed is hit by any Aqua based attacks or it lands on a Sea Panel, it will double in power and speed.
B: 100 HP (Hiding inside Roots B)
NeedlerNeedler (Needler)

Needlers only attack forward, left and right. They cannot attack targets above and below their position, nor can they shoot backwards. Needlers do not move (aside from aiming) aside from their secondary attack, though they will use it to reposition themselves if they find it necessary.

Area: Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town

HP: 90
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 5 Null x 2 Shots x 3 Targets
Primary Attack Accuracy: A
Primary Attack Description: Fires needles in 3 directions.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Movement + Impact + Knockback / 5 Null x 3 targets
Secondary Attack Accuracy: C / A
Secondary Attack Description: Rams forward with surprising speed, then fires a burst of needles while the enemy is still startled.
Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 2 Wood x 8 Shots
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: C
Tertiary Attack Description: Shoots a storm of wooden needles at a single enemy.
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Needler1, NeedleCannon1 (Rare), Zenny
A: 90 HP (In front of Roots A)
NeedlerNeedler (Needler)

Needlers only attack forward, left and right. They cannot attack targets above and below their position, nor can they shoot backwards. Needlers do not move (aside from aiming) aside from their secondary attack, though they will use it to reposition themselves if they find it necessary.

Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Movement + Impact + Knockback / 5 Null x 3 targets
Secondary Attack Description: Rams forward with surprising speed, then fires a burst of needles while the enemy is still startled.
Tertiary Attack Description: Shoots a storm of wooden needles at a single enemy.
B: 90 HP (In front of Roots A)
BandcoonBandcoon (Bandcoon)

Bandcoons are gray raccoon-like creatures, around 30 inches in height. They possess black stripes around their body, aside from their short, almost stub-like legs. Their faces are usually unseen, as they're covered in a red mask with string decorations. Their tails are twice as long as their actual bodies, and are usually curved into a question mark shape. At first this may seem like a simple design choice, but the tail is actually prehensile, and Bandcoon cleverly use it to steal chip data from Navis. Bandcoons' speed and small size combine to make them surprisingly difficult to hit while moving, and are even agile enough to turn sharply with little problem. However, if caught standing still, they're practically sitting ducks. However, when they're not using chips, they always prefer to move when possible. Their main tactic is to roll around and confound the enemy with their speed, then move in and swipe them with their tail, using it like a hook to grab data not directly tied to them, namely Battlechips. They can then use it themselves, at reduced power, as a free action. All other effects of the chips still apply, including pre-requisites to use the chip (i.e. Spice still needs Grass terrain, MachineSword still requires that the enemy be stunned). Higher level Bandcoon are aware of such conditions, and will try to satisfy the requirements if at all possible. If the enemy has no Battlechips, Bandcoons get extremely aggravated, and will ram an enemy in anger and desperation. However, they severely dislike doing this, and will only use this attack as a last resort for when they have no chips.

Area: Yoka, Okuden Valley, Netopia, Yumland

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: Chip Steal + 1/3 Chip Use
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Bandcoon steals a single random chip the opponent has selected this turn. They then use the chip at 1/3 of its normal power, rounded down to the nearest 5. Recovery chips still work at full power.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Impact
Secondary Attack Accuracy: A
Secondary Attack Description: If Bandcoon cannot steal an attacking chip for any reason, they will instead roll into an enemy.
Element: Null
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Pickpocket (Rare), Zenny
Special: Haste while moving (+10%). Double Slow while standing still (-20%).
: 60 HP (Riding Needler A)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP (Soil)
Jazz.EXE: 160 HP (Grass)

-- Terrain --
85% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
  • Automatically triggers Aqua Boost for appropriate chip attacks.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood + Slow1.
(Large mud pool)
10% Soil
  • Wood Elementals get +10% Evasion.
  • Wood attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Grass.
  • 100 Damage Aqua attacks: Change terrain hit to Mud.
  • 100 Damage Fire attacks: change terrain hit to Coal.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood.
(Small outcropping that leads into mud pool)
5% Grass
  • Wood Elementals get +5 HP/action.
  • Fire attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Soil.
(A bit of grass that Jazz is standing on)

-- Objects --
GMD: 50 HP (On top of Needler A)
Mangrove Tree Roots A: 100 HP (Anchored, far side of Mud)
Mangrove Tree Roots B: 100 HP (Anchored, near side of Mud, to the right)
Mangrove Tree Roots C: 100 HP (Anchored, near side of Mud, to the left)

Tree Roots count as Grass if stood upon or hidden behind. They will multiply Fire damage as per normal and take double damage from it, but will not changed from their Grass status until their full HP count as been depleted, after which they will disappear. Hiding inside the roots takes an action, and will stop non-Fire Melee and Drop attacks until they are destroyed, but will not stop any other attack types.

-- Battle 3 Ready? Start!! --
Continuing to walk through the net, Wabbit and Witch would find themselves underneath the foliage of a large tree, roots, mud and grass sprawled about as he stopped on a bed of grass, wiping his feet off while battle routines flared up like a bad rash again. Looking out over the field, a variety of viruses could be seen, and a few that thought they couldn't be seen...as well as the ever annoying Bandcoon. Lovely. Another of those Bandcoons. Jazz grumbled under his breath, seeing the annoying raccoon virus standing there...waiting...his chips and Anathema's were in danger of being used against them.

Alright, dirty girl. We got another Bandcoon here. Try to use as much firepower as you can, go for a double or triple delete if you can. Jazz directed towards his partner, he wasn't sure how well the fight would go...but despite that, he wasn't about to simply roll over for the viruses, let alone show weakness to them. Yo, Stephine, gimmie the Arsenal1 and DollThunder1. I'm gonna fry me up some viruses. He exclaimed, and with a giggle, Stephine sent the two chips to Jazz, a barrier appearing around the GMD that had been sat upon the Needler as a casing would quickly and snugly wrap about Anathema's torso, a translucent green color on both. Gonna try to line them up, so gimmie a second before trying to blast away.

As soon as the words left his mouth, the rabbit was quick to make his move, his body fast as the wind as he bounded off towards the mud lake, not wanting to get his paws dirty in the wet sludge. But despite that, the navi ran head long into the muddy mess of a lake, his feet making very loud squelching and slapping noises as he traveled towards the deep end of the lake, mud being kicked up as he rushed his way towards the viruses on the far end. His feet skidding across the aquatic earth, turning himself to the side to slide to a stop, a large pile of mud to his side as he finally skidded to a halt. His mind's eye beginning to internally line up the viruses as best as he possibly could, slowly moving his head and arms left and right, trying to keep them in a straight-ish line.

As the rabbit finished his lining up of viruses, crackles of lightning and thunder beginning to emanate from his head and eyes, static beginning to cause his fur to stand on end almost immediately as a ring of electrical energy sparked up from his neck and climbed up to the tips of his ears. The navi glaring at the Bandcoon, thunder and lightning shooting out of his eyes like a laser and afterwards, a circle of four light balls trailed out from his nose, one at a time, circling about the beam of lightning and looking to slam through the Bandcoon's fragile body before finally ending, leaving his fur on end for a moment before finally settling.

And right afterwards, Jazz brought up his hands in front of his body, pointing his fingers towards the offending viruses (and mystery data, but there wasn't much to do about that) and letting the thunder and lightning crackle around his body, charging himself up and getting his fur all mussed up again in the wet and sticky mud. The navi clasping his fingers together and taking aim, another burst of lightning shot out from his fingers, closing his hands together as he let the lightning flow, he sent out a rather strong surge of energy as a blast of energy would attempt to incinerate the viruses into a blackened crisp.

*Smash (Add breaking property to one attack (unused)
*Mass Destruction (Add +1 coverage to all chips with Splash/Spread/Blast/Nova)
*Bunny Barrier (20 HP Barrier to GMD)
*Bunny Casing (20 HP Casing to Anathema)
1: Movement towards far side of the mud pond
2: Line up viruses
3: Arsenal1Damage: (40 Elec damage) + (10 Elec damage x 4 hits)
Accuracy: A
Description: Fires a large laser beam encircled by four smaller beams.
Duration: Once
Element: Elec
Trader Rank: D
Bandcoon
4: DollThunder1Damage: 80 + Line-Attack5
Accuracy: B
Description: Fires a powerful bolt of lightning that pierces through objects and enemies alike.
Element: Elec
--->NeedlerA, NeedlerB
"Uh-huh...wait, I thought IPC just made PETs back in the day? They're the NetPolice now? Weird..." Also, Anathema wasn't sure about no one expecting a bunny to blow them up. She saw a Netopian cartoon once, and that was practically all that happened in it. But, eh, if anyone hadn't seen something like that, it made sense, she figured. She shrugged at herself as she moved along.

Moving along resulted in the two ending up in a swampy area. The witch Navi could feel her boots getting heavy...oh, wait, no wonder. She floated up several more inches, giving her unobstructed movement. Still, she stopped as she noticed the pool of mud and tree roots. "...Are those mangroves? Did we stumble into Yumland's net or something? Electopia only has them way down south...another mystery for the pile, I guess. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I can think of some good uses for mangrove, so let's...oh, right. Viruses. Of course." Her eyes narrowed as it became obvious that she wasn't going to get freebie supplies. "Lemme guess, they're not going to take kindly to me so much as touching a tree...great." That said, Jazzs seemed to have a plan. "Firepower? That's the problem...I'd like to keep these trees and roots nice and intact. I can use them for my potions, so, uh, I'd rather keep as many of them as possible. But, don't worry, I'll hold up for a moment." Better see what the boss had to say about this. In a flash, her Navi armor appeared, and she dialed up her operator.

"...Found something else, I'm guessing."

"Yeah. The problem is, there's a bunch of mangrove roots around here, and I don't want to destroy more than I have to."

"Yeah, that's pretty tricky. Let me think for a moment...yeah, there's a problem. If a KillPlant seed hits that mud, it'll auto-activate a powerful WoodTower. The faster you get rid of those, the less likely you're going to feel severe pain. And...I don't think there's a way to do that quickly without sacrificing one of the roots."

"...All right. I guess losing ONE root isn't a big deal." Though she didn't look in that direction, Anathema could hear electrical noises coming over from where her busting partner ran off to. "That's my cue. Operate away!"

"First, we'll get the destruction out of the way. Maybe we'll get lucky and avoid hurting the root...wait, no. Think you can get a shot through the roots?"

"Can I?...Yeah, I think so, so long as I don't do it from above."

"Then I have a plan that hopefully won't destroy anything but viruses." Alda took out a few of her chips, and took a moment to look them over. ...The fact that this plan heavily relied on the chip swap she just made did not escape her notice. "First, use this on the one that's alone in the roots. BattleChip, HiCannon! Slot in!"

Alone in the roots...well, this shot was either going to be mildly challenging, or require near-perfect aim, depending on how well Jazz zapped things. With that in mind, the witch Navi raised her hands to each side of her chest, and created a sphere of dark energy. Infusing the BattleChip data into it, it expanded a bit, then shot out a small laser. At minimum, it was going to need to get into a root opening to hit the KillPlant within. And at maximum...well, that was going to be a doozy, doing that while also avoiding raccoons, needle firing machines, and mystery data. Once it did hit something, the ball rapidly shrunk to nothing, as the energy transferred from it to the thing that got in its way. Preferably, the plant virus she was trying to hit in the first place. "Phase one, complete!"

"For the other, there are two options. The first, and one you don't want to do, is light a fire under it."

"I mean, they ARE in the roots. Burning them probably burns the root."

"Well, that's where the other option comes it. You won't need to burn it if it's not under there, now will you?"

"Okay...I think I'm following, but I can't think of how we can do that."

"Remember what else I got from that trade? It's perfect for this. As far as I can tell, KillPlants don't move on their own, but I don't think that stops you from moving them. BattleChip, AirStorm! Slot in!"

Once more, an energy ball formed in front of Anathema. This time, however, it was less dark, and more a sphere of wind. Twin streams shot out from it, arcing around the root, and trying to suck out the Wood viruses within. If Alda was correct, two Shrubby and a KillPlant would hopefully come flying out towards her. Once they did, as though seeming switching from 'suck' to 'blow', the ball of wind would focus all of its power on the sentient weed, shooting out air blades to cut it down to size. After three blades, it would dissipate, the wind power running out.

"And finally, use this on the Shrubby, while they're close! BattleChip, WoodPowder! Slot in!"

Without even thinking, the witch Navi raised a hand in front of her, and began to shoot off toxic spores in the vicinity in front of her. Sure, if the bush viruses were there, it could well hit them...but she never really stopped and checked to make sure AirStorm did its job. It'd look pretty silly if she was just showering the area for no reason...well, maybe not no reason. At the very least, there'd be a nice patch of grass to stand on if she wanted. Not that hovering wasn't great or anything.

After all, floating meant she didn't need to worry about the mud slowing her down, as she worried about any sources of pain coming over. At the least, there were still three untouched fish that would be happy to re-cover her in mud. But she was covered with Jazz's armor, if it came to that. But if she could avoid getting splatted on...normally not something she wanted, but in this case, she'd make an exception.

[Order of Turn:
1- HiCannonDamage: 120 + Knockback
Description: A decent sized cannon with a single shot.
Trader Rank: C
on KillPlantA
2- AirStorm1Damage: 50 x3 shots + Variable Targeting
Description: Pulls three enemies towards user, than fires three tornadoes at them, may be divided however user wants.
Special: Variable Targeting: Allows the user to select a target for each individual hit of an attack. This means they may strike the same target multiple times, multiple different targets, or a mix of the two as they wish.
Special: Wind Type: This chip counts as Wind Type for the purposes of Wind triggered effects, such as traps and terrain.
Special: Pull: Brings a target one movement space closer to the source. Use of this effect on anchored objects may move the user instead of the target.
on ShrubbyA, ShrubbyB, and KillPlantB (Pull effect) (All three hits target KillPlantB)
3- WoodPowder1Damage: 60 + Medium Grass Terrain Change + Confusion + Cone Attack
Accuracy: C
Description: Blast up to 4 enemies with a cone of miasma breath. Changes terrain to Grass and causes confusion on contact.
on ShrubbyA and ShrubbyB
4-Dodge]
The two Navis decided to split up for the time being, with Jazz entirely bypassing the Mudfeesh to run across the mud, while Anathema stuck to her side of the pool. As a result, she received the brunt of the attack from the flopping fish, though they seemed to be a bit overexcited, and thus only ended up spattering the little outcropping that was left with mud. Anathema's first attack was launched into the tree roots, managing to weave through the roots and land a solid hit to delete the virus. The sudden attack caused the nearby Bandcoon to leap up in shock, before yelling out some loud chatterings--perhaps some viral profanity of some sort.

In the middle of Jazz's run across the pool, the Shrubby viruses ran over to the roots, trying to get themselves sheltered with the other KillPlant. Just as he was about to perfectly line up the viruses, however, the Bandcoon slammed its tail onto the chassis of the Needler it was riding, somehow kicking it up into a frenzy as some loud engine noises began to spew from it. Then, the virus rushed headlong into Jazz, with the Bandcoon reaching out towards him in an attempt to disrupt his attack. Unfortunately, the Needler's charge came too quickly, and it skidded to a halt right behind Jazz, who took the chance to blow up the Bandcoon with his laser eyes. In retaliation, the Needler fired a trio of needles out towards him, the crystal, and Anathema. Anathema and the crystal took a minor hit on the defenses he had given earlier, while he himself absorbed the needle hit. (-5) With his plan to line up the viruses now foiled, however, he had to resort to only taking out one of the Needlers, and chose the one closer to him, destroying it and landing the precious Mystery Data crystal into the mud pool. The remaining Needler charged into him, managing to score a direct hit (-10) before repeating the same triple needle attack its comrade had done earlier, landing further hits on him (-5) and the barrier protecting the crystal.

Anathema, meanwhile, was concerned with bringing the viruses to her instead, and activated the AirStorm, managing to pull the Shrubby and KillPlant out of their hideaway with her windy attack, while also eviscerating the KillPlant in the process. The subsequent WoodPowder, however, only managed to hit one of the Shrubby, but it also had the unintended side effect of conveniently including two of the Mudfeesh in the process, due to their proximity to her.

-- Viruses --

A: DELETED

B: 60 HP (Next to Anathema, Grass)

C: DELETED
ShrubbyShrubby (Shrubby)

ShrubbyShrubby (Shrubby)

B: 50 HP (In front of Anathema, Grass)

B: DELETED
NeedlerNeedler (Needler)

NeedlerNeedler (Needler)

B: 90 HP (Next to Jazz, Mud)

Bandcoons are gray raccoon-like creatures, around 30 inches in height. They possess black stripes around their body, aside from their short, almost stub-like legs. Their faces are usually unseen, as they're covered in a red mask with string decorations. Their tails are twice as long as their actual bodies, and are usually curved into a question mark shape. At first this may seem like a simple design choice, but the tail is actually prehensile, and Bandcoon cleverly use it to steal chip data from Navis. Bandcoons' speed and small size combine to make them surprisingly difficult to hit while moving, and are even agile enough to turn sharply with little problem. However, if caught standing still, they're practically sitting ducks. However, when they're not using chips, they always prefer to move when possible. Their main tactic is to roll around and confound the enemy with their speed, then move in and swipe them with their tail, using it like a hook to grab data not directly tied to them, namely Battlechips. They can then use it themselves, at reduced power, as a free action. All other effects of the chips still apply, including pre-requisites to use the chip (i.e. Spice still needs Grass terrain, MachineSword still requires that the enemy be stunned). Higher level Bandcoon are aware of such conditions, and will try to satisfy the requirements if at all possible. If the enemy has no Battlechips, Bandcoons get extremely aggravated, and will ram an enemy in anger and desperation. However, they severely dislike doing this, and will only use this attack as a last resort for when they have no chips.

Primary Attack Description: Bandcoon steals a single random chip the opponent has selected this turn. They then use the chip at 1/3 of its normal power, rounded down to the nearest 5. Recovery chips still work at full power.
Secondary Attack Description: If Bandcoon cannot steal an attacking chip for any reason, they will instead roll into an enemy.
: DELETED

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP (Mud) (Casing15)
Jazz.EXE: 140 HP (Mud)

-- Terrain --
80% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
(Large mud pool)
20% Grass
(Cone-shaped space in front of Anathema)

-- Objects --
GMD: 50 HP (Next to Jazz, Mud) (Barrier10)

Tree Roots count as Grass if stood upon or hidden behind. They will multiply Fire damage as per normal and take double damage from it, but will not changed from their Grass status until their full HP count as been depleted, after which they will disappear. Hiding inside the roots takes an action, and will stop non-Fire Melee and Drop attacks until they are destroyed, but will not stop any other attack types.
Grunting out as he had both needles and a Needler in his gut for his troubles, but despite that, both the GMD and Anathema had remained unharmed despite everything...so that was good. A little data leakage was certainly not out of the realm of possibilities for a navi of his age, probably even a thing he couldn't stop if he wanted to! But he groaned, pulling the needles out of his body, stepping backwards as he let out a breath, the rabbit calling for something called a "drillarm", to which Stephine would graciously give to him almost immediately.

Alright there bub, lets see how you like a little bit of drilling! He grunted, the rabbit holding his arm upwards into the air and clenching his hand into a fist. The navi summoning bits and pieces of the viruses that had been deleted thus far as "materials", mostly the needler from earlier that he managed to blast into so much scrap. He closed his eyes, a dim light beginning to envelop his clenched fist and with it, metal began to stick to him, scrap upon scrap wrapping around his hand and forearm, plating welding it's self to his arm as a drill began to take shape around the clenched rabbit's hand, slowly it began to create the base of his drill bit, tightly clenching down on his arm as he swung the weapon downwards. A test spin, the drill bit with embedded grooves would spin about in a three-hundred and sixty degree fashion. With a grin, Jazz brought his arm back, elbow just past his back and with it, the drill bit spun, air wrapping around the bit as it did as he thrust it forward to hopefully shove it through the Needler's body and with it, send bits and pieces of the virus all across the muddy pond and hopefully, his partner could finish up the battle...if not, he still had plenty of piss and vinegar in him to shoot down whatever was attacking her.

*Smash (Add breaking property to one attack (unused)
*Mass Destruction (Add +1 coverage to all chips with Splash/Spread/Blast/Nova)
*Bunny Barrier (20 HP Barrier to Anathema)
*Bunny Casing (20 HP Casing to Self)
1: DrillArm1Damage: 60 + Break + Knockback + Long Attack
Description: A long drill is created to bore through enemies. It can hit one enemy twice, and a second enemy once.
Special: Knockback paired with Long Attack causes the drill to hit close ranged targets twice, instead of once. This is because it pushes the closest target through both hit zones. Knockback only triggers once.
--->Both hits at Needler
-----TURN SPLIT-------
Well...huh. Things went super smoothly, all things considered. Was it weird that that felt weird? "That went well. You'd think I'd used those chips before!"

"Don't blow yourself too hard, there's still enemies remaining. But I've got a nice remedy for that!" And that was in the form of a chip featuring an angry VolGear. "BattleChip, FlameLine! Slot in!"

Anathema waved her arm, which at first, didn't seem to do anything. But, just wait a sec...and...finger snap! And three pillars of fire rose up in a straight line from the ground, capable of easily incinerating the two viruses...and that was before considering their earthy-affinity and the highly burnable grass underneath them. Low effort, high reward. She wasn't about to argue with that.

Still, she should stay alert. One of them could avoid the attack, or she could miss, or Jazz could miss...when she broke it down like that, it was a miracle they ever managed to finish one battle, let alone multiple.

[Order of Turn:
1- FlameLine1Damage: 70 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack
Description: A wall of fire erupts from the ground, burning up to 3 targets.
Element: Fire
on MudFeeshB and ShrubbyB
---TURN SPLICE---
With only three viruses remaining on the field, the two Navis opted for the fastest method of wiping out the remaining stragglers: Jazz materializing a spinning drill arm, and Anathema simply going for a quick incineration. The viruses were quickly cleared out, and the Mystery Data crystal sitting next to Jazz was now ripe for the picking.

-- Viruses --

C: DELETED
ShrubbyShrubby (Shrubby)

ShrubbyShrubby (Shrubby)

NeedlerNeedler (Needler)

NeedlerNeedler (Needler)

: DELETED

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP (Mud) (Casing15)
Jazz.EXE: 140 HP (Mud)

-- Terrain --
80% Mud
(Large mud pool)
20% Grass
(Cone-shaped space in front of Anathema)

-- Objects --
GMD: 50 HP (Next to Jazz, Mud) (Barrier10)

-- Battle 3, Victory!! --
Rewards:
Anathema: MudFlop1Damage: 60 + Impact + Slow + Medium Mud Terrain
Description: The user strikes at a target with their whole body, blasting them with mud.
Battlechip, 900z, 19 BugFrags, +5 FXP
Jazz: Needler1HP: 60
Properties: Normal, Mobile
Object Damage: 60 Null + Impact + Break
Damage Method: Ramming attack, Telekinesis, Throw
Attack Damage: 30 Null x 2 hits x 3 Targets
Description: Summons a gun platform that attacks up to 3 separate targets each turn with its trio of double spike cannons. It can also perform a defense piercing kamikaze attack.
Duration: Until destroyed.
Special: This chip's accuracy cannot be boosted or reduced by any means, including RP quality.
- This object may ram a target instead of firing needles, but is instantly destroyed in exchange.
- This object may dodge by trying to ram nothing, but if it hits something in this way, it is still destroyed and deals object damage.
Battlechip, 810z, 19 BugFrags, +5 FXP

Open GMD? [Y/N]
Jazz sighed out as he promptly helped put a swift end to the fight. And...of course the GMD was still unharmed. Huh. Well, either way, Jazz grabbed the GMD under his arm and began to plod along towards Anathema, ignoring the wounds he had accrued in the fight before hand. Plopping the GMD down next to him and Anathema, the rabbit began to crack open the GMD, Stephine slotting in an Untrap to keep the GMD from flipping out and killing everyone present.

(Opening GMD with Unlocker)
And the last viruses faded away from being blasted. Again. Not surprising in the least. "Easy peasy, right?"

"Don't go that far. You had to make some tricky shots to keep that as simple as it was."

"...Actually, I was talking to Jazz, but sure." ...Weird. She could feel something within as she mentioned her busting partner. Something...related to her magic. Hmm...eh, not important. Not when there was fancy Mystery Data just begging to be opened. "All right, let's open it! Just...be careful, since-" ...Oh, wait. "Wait, is that Untrap data? Never mind, then. Opening away!" Black sparkles flew from Anathema's hands, as she worked to uncover the contents of the green crystal.

(GMD OPEN)
The Mystery Data spun about as it was decrypted, slowly revealing its contents to the world--a small cache of zenny, which fell onto the grass rather unceremoniously.

[GMD: Anathema 2000z, Jazz 1800z]
Jazz watched as the Zenny poured to the ground, staring at the two piles that had flooded the grass as he began to absorb the lesser of the two piles into his PET, running his furred hand through it. Hmmm. Eighteen hundred, not a bad haul for a single Mystery Data. Jazz said simply with a shrug. What'cha get on your end Anathema?
Almost as soon as the zenny hit the ground, about half of it instantly vanished, as Anathema sent it over with a wave of her hand. "I won't say no to more spending money!" Let's see...2000. Not bad.

...Wait, Jazz only got 1800 zenny? Weird, she was positive she did a good job splitting it in two..."Me too! ...Well, not really. I think I scooped out a little more than half by accident, because I got 200z more than you. It's not like you're not working hard, too, so let's make it a 50/50 split!" She snapped her fingers, causing a single coin to appear in front of her, free for the other Navi to take. It was only 100z, but it'd erase the difference between the two.

Now not having to worry about a guilty conscience, the witch Navi turned to, and floated over to, a nearby mangrove root. "Yup, this'll work juuuuuust fine! You'd be surprised, the properties mangrove roots have in my line of work...but I've got a problem. It's a little embarrassing to have this problem after going through all that but, uh...I don't really have any tools to do this with. Or at least, I wouldn't, if I was on my own! Think you can whip up your Swordy friend for a bit to cut them up with? That'd be perfect for this job!"
Jazz looked at the 100 zenny coin that Anathema had summoned in front of her, the rabbit navi letting out a chuckle at her as he shook his head. Appreciate the thought Anathema, but I gotta refuse. he began, gently flicking the coin over towards her. I get what I get, so I ain't about to complain. If the GMD gives you more cash, then so be it. he said ever so simply with a smile on his face, walking up towards Anathema and where she was floating, the navi thinking for a second as he looked at the roots she so wanted.

Hmmm. I'll see who I can whip up then. I don't want reggie to get summoned, I'm still pissed at him for earlier. Stephine, send the swordy3 chip down. Jazz would ask, the chip slotting in and downloading without a problem thankfully, it was not often chips could be slotted in without viruses around, Stephine would certainly be keeping this in mind for later.

Holding his hands outward as he began to conjure the portal to the swordy kingdom the chip connected to, not much time would pass before a green colored swordy would "step" out of the portal, a large dual sided broad-axe strapped to it's back. Ah, so you're the one who summoned me. A'ight, what d' you need chopped up? Lotta wood 'round here, good thing I'm around. The wood swordy would ask, grasping his broad-axe and brandishing it with a heaft, though seeming to wield it with an ease attributed to the viral species. Little lady there would like some of that giant...Mangrave Root there. If ya can carve some chunks outta it, she'd appreciate it. I sadly lack any swords and knives in my folder right now, but I'm gonna look on the chip trader forums to rectify that, but I'd help if most'a my stuff didn't blow shit up and ruin everything it touches. Jazz asked, explaining his...lack of being able to help concisely.

The swordy saluted Jazz regardless. Hahah! Do not worry sir Jazz, I'll make sure your magic friend has plenty of Mangrave Root to go around! HAVE AT THEE ROOTS, MY AXE IS HUNGRY! the virus shouted, immediately jumping at the mangrave roots that were exposed, his axe cleanly chopping into the root from above, despite it's thickness, splinters of the data exploding forward upon the impact, but not getting anywhere near Anathema's position.
Wait, what? He refused the cash? Er...what? "Uh, really? You sure about that...? Well, whatever, your loss." Anathema accepted the coin and transferred it, looking quite befuddledly at her ally. "Not often you see someone turn down free money. But-nah, whatever. If you don't want it, you don't want it."

Fortunately, Jazz was perfectly willing (and able) to summon a new Swordy to aid her. ...A green one with an axe? That made no sense on multiple levels, but it was going to get her those roots she wanted, so she certainly wasn't going to point that out and upset it. But she WAS going to point out where they weren't even pronouncing the name of tree right...if she was going to have it hacked to pieces, the least she could do was make sure everyone said its name correctly. Literally, the least she could do. "Er, it's manGROVE...they're actually teeming with life in the real world, so grave really wouldn't fit it..."

And so it began. Waiting for wood. ...Not the kind she usually wanted, but she'd be happy with it this time. "Soooo, he'll be a minute...but Okuden Area's weird, don't you think? The real world version's not exactly coastal, but here we are, staring down some mangroves. Who came up with that, I wonder? At least, I would assume someone needed to program it in here. Not that I'm an expert on it...besides magic and science, I'm not really too well-versed about much."
Jazz looked almost embarassed as she corrected him on what he had said. Ehehehe. Whoops. Slip of the tongue there. He said simply, a rather embarrassed blush on his face as he rubbed the back of his head as the summoned help continued to chop away with vigor, various yells as he chopped through the thick root, he was already a good half-way or so done going through it as he pulled his axe out and began to chop horizontally at the root around where he had chopped into. HURRAH! Miss, would you like me to chop them into planks? Or do you not care how they are chopped? I'm about half-way through this root as we speak! The summoned swordy spoke loudly as he hacked away at the wood, various cracks and chops heard as he continued.

It -is- interesting how these networks are created. I wouldn't know much about it myself, but they always seem to somewhat reflect on the real world location. ACDC is about as bland as you can get. NAXA's full of metal and shuttle parts and whatnot. Yoka's got it's fair share of onsens that you can take use of of, even in the middle of battle. I feel the net can generally be procedurally generated. It tends to be different for all navis that wonder the net. Granted, most areas within a jack-in port generally are fixed, but after that, the deeper and deeper you go, you see strange shit around. You see things most navis in the area wouldn't.
Anathema squinted as Jazz apologized, but not so much for the apology itself as it was...he was blushing? Through solid fur? ...Weird. "Uh, don't worry about it. Just think of it as your thing to learn for the day." ...Solid fur. Weird. ...Huh? Oh, Swordy, right. "It doesn't really matter how you chop them, so long as I can extract stuff from them afterward. The wood itself doesn't really matter to me, so much as those lovely chemicals inside of it!"

The witch Navi leaned back, reclining on air as she listened to her busting partner. "So, that's how it works...I didn't think we covered all that much ground, but I guess that explains it. I wonder how the humans feel about it. It's almost like their own creation is rebelling against them, even if just a little. As someone that practices dark magic, I can kinda sympathize with them. It's not always the easiest to control, so you have to focus, and exert your own will onto it before it develops a mind of its own. In a worst case scenario, it can even turn on you!...Ahh, don't worry about that happening, though. I'm a trained professional!"

"Say, Jazz." Anathema floated over next to the rabbit Navi, thoughtfully looking at him. "You've been around a while, so...what's your favorite part of the Net? Not necessarily a whole area of it, just like, a landmark or something, kinda like this spot. I bet someone like you has seen some really great stuff over the years!"