Hare Raising Magic

Jazz chuckled at Anathema's comments about magic, it turning on them...and about the networks. Doesn't surprise me if the net it's self would be fighting back against humanity and it's creations, even just a little. I mean, think about it, most navis are free-thinking, feeling, living entities. We exist because of one man's passion to bring the internet to life...and from what I've read, there's been many, many incidents across the world over the past generation or so. He spoke, almost wistfully as he closed his eyes. Stoves belching fire. Water Purifcation failing. Hell, if strong enough navis tried, they could very well destroy this planet. Mother nature's been suppressed for so long, a navi or group there of could cause Armageddon if they so wished. He listed out briefly, a shudder coming up his spine as he thought of the chaos and destruction that last one could cause for people and navis alike.

But before he could speak further, a loud crash and clatter came tumbling down, mud splashing about as the piece of mangrove wood finally freed from the trunk, a good giant piece of it, about half as tall as Anathema and three or four navis wide as it sat in the mud. One block of Mangrove wood for miss witch! You are free to send it to your PET as you see fit miss, you should have no problems sending it and extracting what you see fit from it's data! The swordy spoke, giving Anathema a salute as he held his axe on his shoulder. Did good there. Here, for your troubles, you're dismissed if you want. Jazz said simply, opening his eyes and tossing a brown wrapped package to the swordy, a rather lumpy object within and wrapped neatly with a bow made out of a bright yellow string. The swordy grasped it as he plucked the package out of the air, giving the package a gentle heft with his hand and nodding happily. Feel free to call upon us again, Jazz! As long as you keep the goods coming, the kingdom will be more than happy to send a Representative out to help! The virus would say in turn, giving Jazz and Anathema a bow before disappearing, probably back to the kingdom.

Looks like he got a bit eager there, got a bigger hunk of the tree out than I woulda thought. Though I'm sure you can make use of whatever you need outta it. Jazz would say, turning to Anathema from the block of wood. And I'd have to think back on the places I've been. Probably a lot of the ones I've seen are likely to be gone, god knows the internet is updated more than it probably should be.
"Mmm, true." Anathema folded her arms beneath her chest, taking a moment to think of what Jazz was saying. "It'd explain some of the things you find in the Net nowadays. And you know what they say, nature's a bitch!"

"Um, I'm fairly sure no one says that."

"No one asked you, Alda!...Sorry about that. But yeah, you kinda have to wonder why no omnicidal sorts have tried to pull that off. Actually, maybe they have, but the government didn't say anything about it? I bet-" Before she could finish, a wet crashing noise interrupted her, though fortunately she had somewhat braced herself for something like it. "Wow, that's some huge wood."

"Looks pretty decent, too. Not too dried out or anything."

"I know, right? Thanks, Swordy guy! Really appreciate it!" With a big grin, the witch Navi transferred the mangrove wood over, for future use. "Looks like I won't be bored again for a while!"

Alda nodded, but noted the woodcutter vanishing without a trace shortly afterward. "You're not going to get anything from the other two? Seems like a waste of good wood."

"Tempting, but I won't be running out any time soon with just that piece. Too much seems like overkill."

"Fair point, though at least you don't need to worry about the ecological effects from it."

"The way the net works, I wonder...oh, speaking of working! Jazz, what was in the package you gave the Swordy? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone! It wasn't, like, Swordy drugs or anything, was it? If it was, I totally increase the potency for you!" Her happiness faded a bit at the rabbit's musings, though. "Oh...well, that sucks. ...Actually, wait. Aren't the Rogue and Chaos Nets just older versions of the internet? So even if they don't exist here, they might still exist deeper in! Though, I dunno how old each one is, exactly...but Chaos in particular is supposed to be super old, right? It'd be like a super run down version of old times!" Honestly, she'd kinda like to see the places that stood out for someone as old as him. Like a field trip that could kill you.
Jazz chuckled at her as she asked what was in the bag. Bugs. Unrefined bugfrags, not the ones we pick up. But ones that tend to disappear and fragment without an extra catalyst, not like what the two of us have been picking up. The viruses use bugfrags for food and trade, just as we use them for SPs and trades. Honestly, from what I've read, SPs aren't too far removed from viruses themselves. Jazz explained simply. And you know...that might be true. With how often they update the net...they just kinda shunt the old stuff. It's bizarre how they pull it off. He continued, nodding at her words.

Well...there was this fountain in the shape of one of the cybeasts of old. I think...it was that...wolf-looking one. The one that was made out of bugfragments. It was recently installed before I became rogue, sometime after the old cybeasts were put down by that mega-something. Jazz began, closing his eyes as a gust of wind blew by. Shot out piping hot water, despite the cold winds that blew, the ice that stuck to the ground. Made the area around it a complete paradise, to the point even grass grew in that harsh landscape...then my operator was murdered. He owed money to the mafia of old, a few tens of thousands of zenny I think. Had been paying it off in the installments...then times got hard. Lost his job. Couldn't find one. Missed a payment or two from what I remember. They didn't like that. He continued, sighing out as he took a seat over on the carved out stump, hanging his muddy feet from the top, rubbing his eyes. Shot him in the back of the head and took everything he owned and left him for dead from what I heard during my brief stint with the new netmafia we know now. I didn't even know until after I realized it was time to jack out...and couldn't. My PET had been disconnected, probably sold for parts by the time I realized. All my items, levels, chips. Gone in a moment. And worst of all...I about lost my mind. Almost became one of those "navi ghosts" that roamed the net at the time...that fountain was my only tether to sanity for a while. By the time I snapped out of whatever had affected me...it had been years. And I realized I was in a distant corner of what we call Net City. My mind and core stabilized, and I...well...went on. He sighed, rambling on as he reminisced of what happened, and if Anathema paid enough attention, she could see a wet cheek on the rabbit. A brief silence between them as he composed himself again.

But, I suppose at this point that fountain, if it's still around, would be in that "chaos net" people keep talking about. And I know I'm nowhere strong enough to access it. I might try to access that "Rogue net" early, hear you can do that through a mission, but I'm not sure about my chances. He finally spoke again, inhaling deeply, puffing his chest and cheeks out. But I guess that's enough story time from an old fucker like me. Just tell me when you're ready to go on and we can keep collecting what you want. And, Anathema, I've been having fun thus far. Lets keep having fun til you're done.
Anathema nodded at the explanation, only to stop and give Jazz a confused look. "Wait, I thought BugFrags WERE unrefined? I guess you're the expert, though. ...Huh, never thought about it that way, but I guess viruses and SPs are a lot alike. I wonder exactly how much alike a virus and a SP made to be just like that virus would be. Not by how they look, but like, their programming or something. How many Navis would even be able to tell?" Hopefully the creator, at least.

A fountain, huh...in Sharo, by the sounds of it. "Wow, I never would've guessed something like that would exist. I wonder who made it..." She then listened to what happened to his old operator, but had no outward reaction beyond closing her eyes and frowning. "They really did that over a simple few ten thousands of zenny?! Sheesh, and they call my operator petty...or maybe there was another reason for it? It seems fishy for them to kill for that small an amount..." She opened one eye for a moment, to see if there was any reaction, but either way closed it again, and continued once he was done. "Quite a story...it seems we both know something about our operators getting bent over by reality." She opened her eye again, this time to see if Alda was paying attention at the moment. Didn't look like it, so..."Before me, she had customized a NormalNavi into a gaseous form, naming him SmogMan. But then, she got fired from her dream job for no apparent reason. At around the same time, SmogMan experienced a fatal error in his programming, and self-deleted...to top it all off, for some reason, no one would hire her, despite being a promising young scientist. As I understand it, she didn't totally snap, but something inside her became twisted and dark, which had the extra effect of her beloved younger sister getting weirded out and keeping her distance. Suddenly, she had nothing that mattered to her...not entirely unlike you, huh...did I mention that this all happened over the course of a few days? Even the strongest human would have a hard time recovering from all that. She's struggled along ever since, but managed to use the last stable remnants of SmogMan's programming that she'd managed to save to make a new Navi...me. That's why I can turn into a cloud of gas for a short period of time, I'm tapping into that. I guess the moral is, even in the abyss, some good can happen...or something like that. ...Does that make me a little conceited, saying I'm a good thing to happen to her?"

"You're a what now?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, Alda! So, how goes the collection?"

"Decently, though I've got some dirt under my nails that I can't get to and it's driving me nuts."

"I guess I'm just lucky then, since somehow my hands are totally clean, even after fighting in the mud!"

"Hate to break it to you, but that's about the only part of you not covered in mud."

"Yeah...stupid Mudfeesh. On the bright side, this give me even more incentive to take a nice, hot, soapy bath after we're done!"

"Just do me a favor...if you're going to use the soap for, uh, things other than cleaning again, block off the PET visuals, will you? I really don't want to see that again..."

"Oh, all right. And so you know, you don't have to do the same for me if you don't want to!"

"..."

With a moment of silence to think, it dawned on Anathema that she totally just neglected her busting partner. "Oh, sorry Jazz! My operator wanted to talk for a sec...didn't mean to keep you out of the conversation." Hee hee, 'until she was done'. "Don't worry, I'm still going strong! Let's see just how much more filthy I can get in the next battle!" More dirt meant more justifiable scrubbing, after all...but now there was a problem. She looked around for a moment, only to place her hands on her hips in confusion. "...Er, which way did we come from, again? Between everything that's gone on, I kinda lost my sense of direction...any ideas which way we should go?"
Gggghk. D-Did I say UNrefined? I meant to say Refined bugfrags. Jazz corrected himself. Maybe once you two are done I'll take you to a doc and get that patched. Or at least looked at. Maybe those years are getting to you worse than you might have thought. Stephine dryly commented, tapping away at her PET, directed to Jazz, but quickly addressing Anathema. And before you ask, Anathema, I have a few programs on my PET that can "refine" the bugfrags. Not in the way, say, an SP or that BugFrag trader can, but it does create an income for those Swordies that Jazz summons. Though Swordy3s are...expensive...so to speak. But it's a cost for the sheer flexibility a third tier virus can bring in. I have also been getting some extra bugfrags from battles and all around. It's amazing how many navis just can't see them. Stephine explained, almost...happily? Was that in her nature? Either way...they listened to Anathema, Jazz and Stephine responding as things went on.

Eeeeeh...the old mafia was...pretty stupid and greedy compared to who they are now. One too many people slipped through the cracks and...eeeh...new management had to step in before they killed their income. He spoke in turn, rubbing the back of his neck. He was also a bit of a bum now that I think about it...

Even in the darkest darkness, there are rays of hope, Anathema...though...I can't say for sure what happened to cause everything that happened to her. There's...been a lot of strange stuff going on these days...not to mention the re-re-emergence of the Cybeasts. We only recently became aware of the Rogue and Chaos nets...though I suppose it's a good thing nothing navis can't just waltz in there without proper strength...why navis can just go on a suicide run into the undernet, however, is still completely unexplained... Stephine spoke simply, poking at her PET again. But before Jazz could speak, Alda piped up. So he let things stay there for the moment as they spoke.

Eeeeeh...if you wanna, I could...help ya get clean after all'a this? I mean, the Onsen's a good place to take a soak after a long bout of virus battling and all.You're only saying that because of the night you and Prose shared.Gggghk! S-Shaddap! The two exchanged before the rabbit blinked. He began to look around at their surroundings. Ah fuck. Along with all the talking, I lost my place! Gah...those guys would never let me live it down if they found out about this.Who?Story for another day. The two spoke again before Jazz let out another sigh, he was completely lost at this point, they were surrounded on all sides by trees, roots, grass and whatever else was lurking around. He reached behind him, pulling out what looked to be an eight sided dice. And a compass that seemed rusted and dented. Lemmie roll this die. Lady luck hasn't fucked me over too hard yet other than the last twenty-some years but I digress. Eight directions. North, South, East, West, North-east, North-west, South-East and South-West. Not like we can't jack out if we get in trouble, and...well...more the fun to let fate decide. He spoke, explaining his "method" of deciding. Letting the die fall upon the wood, the die clacked about briefly as he let it slip from his hand, before eventually landing on a "6". Looking down at his compass...Well, looks like lady luck wants us to head North-West. Which...is that-a way. He pointed, roughly where the compass would say "North-West" would be. Hopping off the log finally and stretching atop the mud, Jazz gently grasped Anathema's hand and began to walk where "Lady Luck" directed them towards.

(Battle 4, 140 HP)
"Ah. Okay, them being refined makes more sense. Glad you cleared that up." Speaking of clearing things up, Anathema continued to listen as Jazz's operator chimed in. "Really? You have to do all that to summon viruses? Sounds like a pain. I think I'll stick with the kind that just spits in the eye of all that's holy. No payment required."

...Hmm. She wasn't really sure what to think about being a ray of light. That was sorta the opposite of her skill set. And yet, she tended to be cheerier than her operator...maybe she made her that way on purpose? And was there a single cause behind everything? At the very least, she knew Alda suspected something with her old CEO. But would said CEO really go out of her way to make sure SmogMan was deleted at the same time? That seemed really cartoonily evil. Meh, she really couldn't say for sure.

"Ooh, an onsen! That sounds great! Relaxing, cleaning, full nudity, it's the best!" Stephine interrupted, but that just made Anathema smile. "Ooh, you've already taken someone there? Was it fun? Did you kill a whole bunch of viruses? Did she put out? A name like Prose comes across as a little bit slutty." Sadly, the good times came to an end when it was revealed they were indeed lost. "What?! Oh geez..."

"You know, I could just bring up the local map, and-"

"Not now Alda, the man has a plan!" A crude plan, but it was definitely a plan. "Hmm, maybe that's your problem. A good fucking is great for focus!" It did wonders for hers. "Northwest? That'll work. Let us gooooo!" The witch Navi floated up a couple of inches as she uppercut the air in enthusiasm, giving Jazz a nice display of her ample, bouncing, mud-soaked breasts. But her happiness soon turned to shock, as her free hand was grabbed by the other Navi as they headed off. "U-uh, umm..." Not that she was shy, but...didn't guys usually do that when they...liked someone? Jazz wasn't exactly her type: he was a bit crude for her tastes. But, if...then...but...um...

Her mind a whirlwind of thought, she quietly floated alongside the other Navi, though if her turned and looked at her, her face was definitely redder than usual now.

(Searching for Battle #4)
((+7 Mutual FXP))

Discussions of quality wood and the benefits of nudity aside, Jazz and Anathema delved through the dense mangroves of this particular section of Okuden in search of something appealing, whether that be more viruses to fight, or springs to take a dip in. As it turned out, however, their path took them out of the overgrown area, and into a smallish clearing in the trees. There didn't seem to be anything particularly special about it, other than a nice sky view, and a stretch of clean grass amidst the more watery sections of ground, but what the pair did see was a small group of metools digging at something in the centre of the clearing. Two of them swung pickaxes at the ground almost directly in the centre, flinging wet chunks of mud around as they worked, while a third supervised from a hovering platform that seemed itself to be another virus.

Just as the duo entered the clearing however, a particularly strong swing from one of the digging metools struck something, and a large geyser of mud erupted upwards, spraying in the air. At first, the metools seemed pleased with this result, but a rumble in the ground led to a few startled 'Meep!'s, each virus going cautiously still. A moment later, the ground erupted with an even bigger plume of mud and water, as a massive jellyfish-like virus burst up from the ground, showering mud and water everywhere. A trio of mudfeesh also escaped form the mass expulsion of mud, slithering away happily in all directions while the jelly fish rose and hovered, seeming to observe its new surroundings. The met on the platform shouted something at it in unintelligible virus language, though it sounded angry.

It didn't seem as though nay of the viruses had noticed Jazz and anathema at first, though that changed in a rather unfortunate way a moment later. A viral screech from behind them, and the sounds of heavy impact and violent thrashing gave way to a severely enraged virus, larger even than the massive jelly-fish. It looked insectoid, with many legs and an odd greenish-yellow.... no, no, that was definitely chartreuse... colouration. The finer distinctions of its exact pain job were probably a subtlety too far at the moment, however, in light of its obvious rage as it burst out of the tree line, drawing the attention of the other viruses immediately. By extension, unfortunately, this meant that they also saw Jazz and Anathema, the pair being right in the middle of this unfolding mess.

-=Striking...Mud?=-
Tsunami V1Tsunami V1 (Tsunami)

Tsunamis are a combination of the Shrimpy, Nautilus, and Jelly viruses. These viruses mainly look like larger Jelly viruses with longer tentacles that work more like arms than the vestigial limbs on a Jelly do. These viruses point towards an enemy with their tentacles when they attack with bubble shots, strike the ground with them to summon waves, or actually throw the geyser bomb for their geyser attack with them.

Area: All

HP: 380
Element: Aqua

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 5 Aqua + SeriesSpread x 4 Shots
Primary Attack Accuracy: A
Primary Attack Description: Attacks with Bubbler, Bubble-V, BubbleSide, and finally BubbleCross.

Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Aqua + Knockback + Impact + To-All-Ground (+15 Aqua on Sea) -> Stag Change Sea
Secondary Attack Accuracy: C
Secondary Attack Description: Flash floods the net, changing all panels to Sea.

Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Aqua + Knockback + Break + Blast3
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: B
Tertiary Attack Description: Targets a broken or missing panel to execute Geyser against surrounding enemies.

Special: OmniShoes
Special: AquaBody: Immunity to Aqua based attacks and all effects associated with them.
Special: BubbleWrap: Summons a 50 HP AquaBarrier at the beginning of every turn prior to the first action anyone takes in that turn. Elec element damage destroys this defense instantly, and deals +100% base Elec damage to the virus.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): SeaSeed, Bubbler, AquaUpper1, BubbleWrap1, Wave, Geyser, Zenny
: 380Hp [Meta-Virus][Over Sea, centre forward]
MudfeeshMudfeesh (Mudfeesh)

This virus looks like a sausage shaped fish with a brown underbelly, a blue/green/red/black back (depending on the version) with a wavy dorsal fin, a mouth that constantly gasps for air, beady little eyes and a large flat tail that it uses to propel itself. It moves by flopping around very erratically, granting the family a passive dodge effect.

Area: Yoka, Okuden Valley, Beach, Yumland

HP: 60
Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Wood + Impact + Slow
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: It leaps at its target, attempting to slam into it with its slimy belly.
Element: Wood
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): MudFlop1, Zenny
Special: One passive dodge per turn.
-Creates mud terrain where it moves.
A: 60Hp [Mud][To the left of the Tsunami]

This virus looks like a sausage shaped fish with a brown underbelly, a blue/green/red/black back (depending on the version) with a wavy dorsal fin, a mouth that constantly gasps for air, beady little eyes and a large flat tail that it uses to propel itself. It moves by flopping around very erratically, granting the family a passive dodge effect.

Attack Description: It leaps at its target, attempting to slam into it with its slimy belly.
B: 60Hp [Mud][To the right of the Tsunami]

C: 60Hp [Mud][In front of the Tsunami]
CrazyRazyCrazyRazy (CrazyRazy)

Unlike the original, this form of CrazyRazy completely forgoes legs, existing solely as its top half. It is capable of carrying one other virus on top of itself without penalty, aside from either it or the other virus using an action to board it.

Area: Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Yumland, NAXA

HP: 80
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null x 3 targets
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Shoots a 3-Way from its arm at enemies.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Strengthen x 3 targets
Secondary Attack Accuracy: S
Secondary Attack Description: Fires energy spheres from its arms at allies to give them a boost.
Element: Null
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): 3-Way, Navi+10 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Lift: This virus is capable of carrying one passenger without problem or penalty. It may begin the battle in this state, or it may pick up an ally at the cost of one action from either this virus, or the desired passenger.
: 80Hp [Over Normal][directly to the navis' rights]
NeoMetoolNeoMetool (NeoMetool)

NeoMetool not currently attacking will guard. Entering guard mode requires an action. Exiting guard mode does not require an action.

Area: ACDC, Electown, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Dentech, Beach

HP: 40
Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Spread 1
Attack Description: Spits out a bullet that penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Shotgun, ShieldGuard, Zenny
Special: Can hide in its helmet to negate damage.
Special: If hit while hiding with a non-Break attack, its next attack will do 30 damage instead of 10. This effect does not stack across multiple hits.
: 40Hp [Riding CrazyRazy]
MetoolMetool (Metool)

Metools not currently attacking will guard. Entering guard mode requires an action. Exiting guard mode does not require an action.

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Piercing + Ground Attack
Primary Attack Accuracy: C
Primary Attack Description: Whacks ground with pickaxe, sending forth a shockwave.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: Throws a mattock at an enemy.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Guard1, ShockWave, Zenny
A: 40Hp [Mud][A little bit washed away, behind the Tsunami]
MetoolMetool (Metool)

Metools not currently attacking will guard. Entering guard mode requires an action. Exiting guard mode does not require an action.

Primary Attack Description: Whacks ground with pickaxe, sending forth a shockwave.
B: 40Hp [Mud][A little bit washed away, behind the Tsunami]
Scuttzer-Scuttzer- (Scuttzer-)

Scuttzer- is an angry looking insectoid creature. Unlike the virus it was designed to be like, it is chartreuse instead of yellow. This metavirus were made in an attempt to recapture the devastating power of the LifeVirus's creations, byte for byte, to the inclusion/exclusion of various aspects of their virus components, such as removing all flight capability, and cranking up their innate aggressiveness. That they were regarded as failures is more an indication of the real things' incredible might than the metaviruses' weakness. They're still extremely vicious, and very much prefer attacking to dodging.

HP: 410

Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 40 Wood + Break + Piercing + Group Attack
Primary Attack Accuracy: B (special)
Primary Attack Description: Lines up with a target and launches a hard seed at the enemy. Accuracy decreases by one rank with each hit.

Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 50 Wood + Slashing
Secondary Attack Description: Tears at an enemy with its front legs.

Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Wood + Small Grass Terrain Change + Cone Attack
Tertiary Attack Accuracy: C
Tertiary Attack Description: Uses pollen breath to give the enemy fits while making grass grow.

Special: WoodAura: Begins each battle with a 10 HP WoodAura, which is pierced and instantly destroyed by Fire attacks. This reforms at the end of each turn.
Special: GrassProof: Cannot be inflicted with Confusion. Takes half damage from Wood attacks.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): WoodPowder1, AuraHead1, WoodAura1, Wood+20, GaiaSword (Rare), Zenny
: 410Hp [Meta-Virus][Grass][Bursting from the mangroves behind the navis][10Hp Wood Aura]

-=Navis With Wood=-
Anathema.Exe: 100Hp [Grass]
Jazz.Exe: 140Hp [Grass]

-=Soon-to-be Flood-plane=-
30% Grass
  • Wood Elementals get +5 HP/action.
  • Fire attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood.
[Outer edges of the clearing]
20% Normal
  • No effects.
[Scattered patches at the edges]
20% Soil
  • Wood Elementals get +10% Evasion.
  • Wood attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Grass.
  • 100 Damage Aqua attacks: Change terrain hit to Mud.
  • 100 Damage Fire attacks: change terrain hit to Coal.
[Ring between the grass and the encroaching mud and water]
20% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
  • Automatically triggers Aqua Boost for appropriate chip attacks.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood + Slow1.
[Much of the central area now]
10% Sea
  • Fire Elementals lose 10 HP/action standing, 20 HP/action submerged. Other Non-Aqua Elementals lose 5 HP/action submerged. Nullified for Aqua Elementals.
  • Ice attacks: 50% Freeze1 chance, Changes terrain hit to Ice.
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
  • Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Aqua.
[Right in the centre, where the Tsunami burst up]

-=Battle 4, Start!=-

As the two continued their way through the mangroves, they caught sight of a few viruses, metools, digging in the mud. Jazz quietly watched as they brought forth a trio of viruses and...another...larger one. It looked similar to another virus he had seen a while back. Well, that's bad luck for them...lets get going before they- Jazz started, almost ready to gently tug at Anathema's arm again to get out of the way of the non-hostiles...and then that loud piercing screech behind them. Jazz turned quickly, looking at the virus that crashed out towards them...and then Jazz practically paled. Aw fuck. That's...that's an undernet virus...we are SO fucked it's not even funny. Jazz spoke again, pointing towards the viral remnant of the Life Virus from many years past. Their habitat not bringing them out of the Undernet, but even then...this meant trouble. He turned back and saw the other viruses staring right back at them. And then gears began to click in his head. Wait...fuck. Again he spoke. He was obviously scared out of his wits right now. Stephine chimed in as she tapped away at her PET. That's not an undernet virus. It's extremely similar. But that's not the green you typically see on them. That's a chartreuse. Some IDIOT tried to recreate the Scuttlest series of viruses and they seem to be made around the same as their predecessors. They're still somewhat weaker than their originals, but...they aren't to be fucked with.

Jazz inhaled deeply, the lapine's chest puffing out his navi suit as he began to consider a course of attack. Alright then...get rid of that freak of nature first then I suppose. Though I know full well what those jellyfish can pull on us, I feel it's a lesser target for us. If nothing else it's easily fried after launching some electricity it's way. The little ones...I dunno. I don't know if they'll attack us or what, but I feel they can probably be put at the bottom of the list for now. Jazz more or less summarized the priority targets, his attention immediately turning back to the cobbled together monstrosity, a barrier wrapping around Jazz loosely, whilst a casing began to cover across Anathema's body in turn, making sure to cover her in a protective layer of hard defense. Stephine, FireBomb and DrillArm. And, Anathema, don't be afraid to do what you need to do. I'm going in close.

Jazz began to shake visibly on the spot after his words, the navi feeling his chips download into his system, his fur bristling across his entire body. Vibrations beginning to grow and grow before a soft "hum" could be heard emanating from his body. The navi soon disappearing from sight  as he moved, silently and invisible to the naked eye, Jazz began to move towards his intended target, the Chartreuse colored virus that had it out for the two navis and likely the other several viruses, his steps not even marking themselves in the blades of grass. 
He would soon enough stop vibrating, the navi returning to his corporeal form as he was a good distance away from the virus, about Blast4 radius from what he could judge offhand, and in one of his hands...a clear glass bottle with a piece of damp cloth sticking out. A good old-fashioned Molotov cocktail. The navi holding the glass bottle above his head as it lit up at the tip of the cloth. Yo, Greenie! Get the fuck offa my net! Jazz shouted at the Scuttzer offshoot, the navi tossing his bottle at the virus dead center, the impact point immediately bursting aflame, grass wilting and burning to cinders before it knew what hit it, and hopefully, Jazz managed to hit the virus, but regardless, the ground that was scorched by the searing flames would become Soil and the fires would dissipate just as soon as they had come.

Immediately afterwards, he held his arm up into the air, immediately afterwards, the shards of glass began to fly towards him. Wrapping around his arm firmly, glass piece after glass piece stretching and fitting around his arm, the navi would wind up with a glass drill, clear to the inside of it to the point you could see his arm resting deeply inside the drill bit as it spun. Spikes beginning to slowly slide out of the tip of his drill bit, Jazz dashed forwards after the virus. His arm back behind him, the drill bit spinning wildly as he thrust his arm forwards, attempting to gore the virus on his oversized weapon, the drill attempting to not only knock the virus back, but do double the damage to it before shattering to pieces of junk data.
Jazz would immediate realize how much danger he was in for being so close to the virus, and with it, bowed out of close range with the undernet-faker. His feet trying to take him off of the grass and into the mud. His feet seemingly unhindered by the muddy ground beneath him as he attempted to jump and dodge his way away from the fake-Scuttzer.

Summary
*Smash (Add breaking property to one attack)
*Mass Destruction (Add +1 coverage to all chips with Splash/Spread/Blast/Nova)
*Bunny Barrier (20 HP Barrier to Jazz)
*Bunny Casing (20 HP Casing to Anathema)
1: Rabbit's Flash Step: Teleport to the left of the Scuttzer-, outside of Blast3 radius
2: FireBomb1Damage: 60 + Burn(10) + Blast2
Accuracy: C
Description: A bomb that bursts into intense flames on impact.
Duration: Once
Element: Fire
Special: Burn(10): Deals 10 Fire damage per action to the victim starting the turn after this attack hits. This effect stacks with other timed damage effects, including other Burn effects. Can be cured with Status Cure.
Trader Rank: D
--->Scuttzer- (60 Fire+Blast2, x3 damage (Grass+Elemental Weakness), Add Breaking)
3: DrillArm1Damage: 60 + Break + Knockback + Long Attack
Accuracy: B
Description: A long drill is created to bore through enemies. It can hit one enemy twice, and a second enemy once.
Special: Knockback paired with Long Attack causes the drill to hit close ranged targets twice, instead of once. This is because it pushes the closest target through both hit zones. Knockback only triggers once.
--->Scuttzer- (60x2 Long Attack, Break)
4: Run-Jump-Dodge
As they entered the clearing, and witness some Mettaur mining for...something, Anathema felt the paw let go, and took a moment to catch her breath. Her heart was still beating a little faster from before, but...well, it didn't exactly feel awful. And speaking of awful, that was definitely not gold the Mettaur just struck. A jellyfish monster and...things that weren't a jellyfish monster. "As much as I want to know what it does with those tentacles, I think that's our cue. Let's-"

She found herself interrupted by a loud screech, which quickly was joined in by another loud screech in the form of her screaming. The witch Navi managed to summon enough courage to see just what had caused such an ear-splitting noise...and didn't seem happy at what she saw. "Um, I have a pretty high creepy tolerance, but I'm getting some really freaky vibes from that...hold on, Undernet? I'm getting some powerful readings, but I don't think it's THAT strong. Still, it's odd. Something that malicious should be giving off some sort of darkness I could sense, but...I don't feel anything. It's really disorienting...I'll explain really quick. Most viruses have hearts coated in malice towards Navis and humans, which someone like me can sense. The rest have hearts that don't, which I can still sense, but it's weaker due to the lack of darkness. But this? It's like it doesn't even HAVE a heart...that's bizarre, even by virus standards..."

"A virus without a heart? That seems...problematic on a lot of levels."

"I know. If nothing else, we absolutely have to delete it!"

"But, I have a question. Why is there a minus sign next to its name?"

Indirectly, it was Jazz's operator that proceeded to answer that question. "I guess because it's weaker than the real thing. Though, the idea of that being weaker than something isn't very comforting..."

"That's not what we should focus on. Real thing or not, a Scuttzer- is pretty scary in its own right. Bring it down!"

"R-Right...it's just a virus with way too much HP. And painful attacks. That's...not so bad..." ...Ugh, what was her problem? So what if she couldn't sense anything from it? So what if it could hurt her? So what if it was a couple of attacking from being able to bend her over and have its way with her? She was the queen of darkness around here, not it, and that meant it. Was. Dead. "Sounds good, Jazz!" As she was covered in a hard coating, Anathema covered herself in Navi armor. "But, what do you mean, don't be afraid to-" ...Oh. "...Never mind."

"You can aim, it'll be fine. So, it's Wood elemental, is on grass, and has a Wood elemental defense up. Subtle. It also has a super obvious weakness, so let's use that. Just, don't make rabbit fricassee." Tragically, they only had one way to pick on that super obvious weakness, but with any luck, that was all they'd need. "BattleChip, FlameLine! Slot in!"

A red aura surrounded the witch Navi's hands, but after she briefly scoped out where her busting partner had gone, and noting that he was far enough away that she wouldn't be hitting him with it unless she actively tried, it quickly faded with a snap of her fingers. At around the same time as Jazz's blazing attack, the ground near the not-quite-a-Scuttzer began to heat up, followed by a wall of fire rising up to burn anything standing on it. She could feel herself calm down as the FlameLine burned out and went away...to her, it had become just another battle.

"Good job, but...even if both of those hit and did loads of damage, that's still not enough to beat it. It's pretty beefy."

"Yeah, I wish I could trade HP with it."

"Too bad we can't. At least, not in the way you're talking about...but that's not important. We need to attack it again to make sure it goes down. Looks like Jazz is doing the same. One good blast should do it...like this." She was so glad she traded for this chip...like a nice eraser. "BattleChip, HiCannon! Slot in!"

A dark fog started to surround Anathema. She raised her hands in front of her, and quickly began to condense it. Soon, it had gone from formless, to a very definite ball shape, sparking a bit from its own density. She took a moment to see if her bunny buddy was drilling it into oblivion, and if for whatever reason he didn't, launched her attack at the greenish metavirus, taking extra care to not hit her friend. If it was already nothingness, she'd just fling her attack at something else that wasn't the Tsunami. Either way, upon hitting something, the ball would explode on contact with something, blowing it back just a bit.

"Well, hopefully that'll be the end of that. Let's work on some of the others now." What to use...ah, that one would work well enough. "I don't really have a plan for this one...just use it on whatever you want. BattleChip, SideBamboo! Slot in!"

After a moment of thinking, the witch Navi figured out what she wanted to do, and pointed to her right. Grass began to grow where she was pointing at, at a rapid rate...soon, a cluster of bamboo had formed underneath the CrazyRazy. A menacing face peeked out from within, appearing to hold a sharpened spear of the plant, ready to pierce what was before it. But...it saw nothing. It remained confused for a moment, but upon looking up, gave an enthusiastic smile, aimed its lance upward, and thrust powerfully, in an attempt to skewer both the platform and the platformed, which would result in no form at all for either of them as they vanished into nothingness. "Who woulda thought I'd be the one penetrating the viruses, and not vice versa?"

"That's...just lovely. Now try to avoid getting hit, all right?"

"Of course! I'd feel silly to waste a pun like that just to have my defenses penetrated a couple of seconds later!" And to that end, there would be floating. Maybe to the side, maybe backward, maybe forward. Maybe diagonal. But dodging was easier and more fun when you didn't have to worry about what you were stepping on.

[Order of Turn:
1- FlameLine1Damage: 70 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack
Description: A wall of fire erupts from the ground, burning up to 3 targets.
on Scuttzer-
2- HiCannonDamage: 120 + Knockback
Accuracy: A
Description: A decent sized cannon with a single shot.
Trader Rank: C
on Scuttzer-
3- SideBamboo1Damage: 80 + Long Attack
Description: Summons a Kilby virus to the field that stabs the enemy from the side with a long lance, then silently vanishes. Can hit up to 2 targets.
on CrazyRazy and NeoMettaur
4-Dodge]
The initial moments of panic were filled with handling at the appearance of such a violent, aggressive virus so closely resembling something far fiercer. Once the pair of navis had some defences up and a quickly made plan agreed on between them, however, they got to work as efficiently as they could. Both were focused on the rampaging Scutt-ish creature, and it was only good chance and good timing that saw both of them avoiding the sudden wave of freezing water that flooded from the exposed hole when the Tsunami rose higher; Jazz's sudden teleport let him easily evade the flooding wave, while Anathem managed to coast its passage with slightly less flair but no less effectiveness.

Conveniently for both of them, the same couldn't be said of all of the viruses present. The three mudfeesh drifted over the wave in happy oblivion without harm, but the unfortunate metools, just in the process of picking themselves up from the first expulsion of water were rapidly washed back again, to the tune of small frustrated cries. The flying platform lifted its passenger over the wave, but the enraged scuttzer crashed forward through the wave head on, its aura torn away by the passing water, for now.

As the three fish came down from the flood of water, they found themselves now in avast expanse of sea, with only to trunks of the nearby trees poking up to let them see that they were still in the clearing. Each fish began to happily wriggle its way towards a navi to say hello, tracking spreading pools of mud through the fresh water as they went; Jazz stepped around the one that swam at him, more focused on lining up his explosive, while Anathema had to contend with two enthusiastic mud friends. One managed to rub itself up against her, not doing any harm thanks to Jazz's protective, but still getting her quite muddy. Opinions might vary on whether this was positive or not.

Both navis were more focused on dealing with the more obvious thread, and between them they launched some potent fire attacks, hoping to hammer on the virus' clear weakness. Though they were now awash in knee deep spring water, the fire itself struck true and scorched the virus badly. It screeched in pain, rearing up and thrashing through the roar of flame and explosion alike, embers continuing to burn all across its body, before it focused on the navi nearest it and rushed at Jazz, blasting out a cone of woody pollen in retaliation. Fortunately for but world-weathered bunny, the meta-virus was a little off balance in the midst of its rage and pain, and the expanding cone passed just to his side, causing tall grass to burst up through the water and convert an arc of the ground back into solid land.

While this was going on, the floating platform spun about once, and fired a volley of shots in different directions, though it was unclear what it was aiming at – it certainly didn't hit anything. Riding atop it, however, the mask-wearing NeoMet took a far better aimed shot at anathema's back, impacting hard enough to destroy the last of her casing, though it failed to do her any direct harm. For her part, anathema was still focused on finishing off the bigger threat. The scuttzer had turned, still making violent shrieks and roars as it moved to keep attacking, but Anathema's next cannon shot punched it back further and it staggered, legs splashing in the water as it righted its balance. It came on again, but the extra shot had bought Jazz enough time to line up his own attack, and when it raised its forelegs to slash at him, the rabbit punched in hard with his drill attack, driving the virus down and back into the ground until its legs collapsed beneath it and it fell still with a grinding crunch and a splash.

The most dangerous threat was dealt with, but there were still other viruses trying to take advantage of the situation... though some looked less convinced of their chances after the rapid display of power from the two navis. The two metools, having only just picked themselves up again, tried to start attacking, but they both seemed shaken and uncertain; one attempted a shockwave that quickly dissipated in the deep water without effect, while the other threw its weapon wholesale towards Jazz. To the little guy's credit, it did hit her. It didn't hurt very much, at all, but it was trying its best.

The Tsunami had lifted up a selection of its tentacles and reached them out towards Jazz as well, but if his companion was hoping to see something entertaining, she might be disappointed that all it did was launch a stream of short, sharp bubble and water attacks towards him, each of which scattered off his barrier and splashed in various directions. Anathema herself got caught by one of the spreading splashes, but if anything it hurt her even less than the Metool had managed to injure Jazz.

Compared to the main foe they'd dealt with, the remaining viruses seemed mostly inconsequential – it didn't really seem like even the other meta-virus was overly capable of hurting them badly. Anathem had one more attack lined up for now, and she was rewarded with a startled squeak from the NeoMet as her hidden ally make a skewer out of both it and its mobile platform.

-=Striking...Mud?=-

Tsunamis are a combination of the Shrimpy, Nautilus, and Jelly viruses. These viruses mainly look like larger Jelly viruses with longer tentacles that work more like arms than the vestigial limbs on a Jelly do. These viruses point towards an enemy with their tentacles when they attack with bubble shots, strike the ground with them to summon waves, or actually throw the geyser bomb for their geyser attack with them.

Primary Attack Description: Attacks with Bubbler, Bubble-V, BubbleSide, and finally BubbleCross.

Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 15 Aqua + Knockback + Impact + To-All-Ground (+15 Aqua on Sea) -> Stag Change Sea

Tertiary Attack Description: Targets a broken or missing panel to execute Geyser against surrounding enemies.

Special: AquaBody: Immunity to Aqua based attacks and all effects associated with them.
Special: BubbleWrap: Summons a 50 HP AquaBarrier at the beginning of every turn prior to the first action anyone takes in that turn. Elec element damage destroys this defense instantly, and deals +100% base Elec damage to the virus.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): SeaSeed, Bubbler, AquaUpper1, BubbleWrap1, Wave, Geyser, Zenny
: 380Hp [Meta-Virus][50Hp BubbleWrap][Over Sea, centre forward]

A: 60Hp [Mud][Near Jazz]

B: 60Hp [Mud][Near Anathema]

C: 60Hp [Mud][Near Anathema]

Unlike the original, this form of CrazyRazy completely forgoes legs, existing solely as its top half. It is capable of carrying one other virus on top of itself without penalty, aside from either it or the other virus using an action to board it.

Secondary Attack Description: Fires energy spheres from its arms at allies to give them a boost.
Special: Lift: This virus is capable of carrying one passenger without problem or penalty. It may begin the battle in this state, or it may pick up an ally at the cost of one action from either this virus, or the desired passenger.
: DELETED

NeoMetool not currently attacking will guard. Entering guard mode requires an action. Exiting guard mode does not require an action.

Attack Description: Spits out a bullet that penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Special: If hit while hiding with a non-Break attack, its next attack will do 30 damage instead of 10. This effect does not stack across multiple hits.
MetoolMetool (Metool)

A: 25Hp [Sea][A little bit washed away, behind the Tsunami]
MetoolMetool (Metool)

B: 25Hp [Sea][A little bit washed away, behind the Tsunami]

Scuttzer- is an angry looking insectoid creature. Unlike the virus it was designed to be like, it is chartreuse instead of yellow. This metavirus were made in an attempt to recapture the devastating power of the LifeVirus's creations, byte for byte, to the inclusion/exclusion of various aspects of their virus components, such as removing all flight capability, and cranking up their innate aggressiveness. That they were regarded as failures is more an indication of the real things' incredible might than the metaviruses' weakness. They're still extremely vicious, and very much prefer attacking to dodging.

Primary Attack Description: Lines up with a target and launches a hard seed at the enemy. Accuracy decreases by one rank with each hit.

Tertiary Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Wood + Small Grass Terrain Change + Cone Attack
Tertiary Attack Description: Uses pollen breath to give the enemy fits while making grass grow.

Special: WoodAura: Begins each battle with a 10 HP WoodAura, which is pierced and instantly destroyed by Fire attacks. This reforms at the end of each turn.
Special: GrassProof: Cannot be inflicted with Confusion. Takes half damage from Wood attacks.

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): WoodPowder1, AuraHead1, WoodAura1, Wood+20, GaiaSword (Rare), Zenny

-=Navis With Wood=-
Anathema.Exe: 95Hp [Sea][Casing Broken][Slow1]
Jazz.Exe: 130Hp [Sea][Barrier Broken]

-=Now A Flood-plane=-
15% Grass
  • Wood Elementals get +5 HP/action.
  • Fire attacks: +100% Source Damage, change terrain hit to Soil.
[Cone shape near Jazz]
15% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
  • Automatically triggers Aqua Boost for appropriate chip attacks.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood + Slow1.
[Spreading pools around the MudFeesh]
70% Sea
  • Fire Elementals lose 10 HP/action standing, 20 HP/action submerged. Other Non-Aqua Elementals lose 5 HP/action submerged. Nullified for Aqua Elementals.
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
[Tsunamis Make Terrain Simple]

Jazz, grunting under the blow he received from the attacks that had come his and Anathema's ways, was completely content with how he and Anathema had dealt with the battles, no damage this far, his barriers and casings keeping them safe pretty much every step of the way. He and Anathema were splashed with mud (He certainly didn't mind either way, lets be real) and the top priority was gone...but never had he seen a virus attack indiscriminately of it's allies, flooding away the metools as Anathema made sure to get rid of another pair of viruses with a hidden helper skewering them. But before he could pat himself on the back, he snapped back to reality, they were still in battle and they had more to take care of. The rabbit noticing he was suddenly in knee deep water, with bits of mud and a cone of grass near him from where the Scuttzer had attacked at. The navi bringing his arm out of the chest of the meta copy of the undernet virus...he would have to research things further, as would Stephine. But until then...Jazz had some viruses to delete. But then he got smacked several times in a row by the other metavirus that had smacked against the other viruses, a quartet of bubbly attacks smacking him dead on, shattering his barrier and sending him reeling just a bit in turn, shaking his body as excess water sprayed every direction.

[bgcolor=#741B47][bgcolor=#FFFFFF]Hanging in there, Bunny? Stephine asked simply as Jazz shook himself dry in the meantime. The operator thumbing through her chips as Jazz coughed out a bit of water from his lungs. I'll live. Just a couple hits from the school of hard knocks. No biggie. Jazz spoke, shaking off what he had taken, his navisuit was pretty much intact for the moment, a few strands of fur starting to peek through the soaked suit now. Gotta get rid of that thing next. Gimmie something with some...charge to it, Stephine. Then the Needler and two spreaders...probably not the aquaspreader. With our luck it's probably immune to aqua attacks. [/bgcolor][/bgcolor]

As Jazz asked, he received what he asked for. Four chips slotted into the PET one at a time as he began to limber up and get ready for his assault upon the remaining viruses. Hey, Ana, I'm gonna try and make an explosive end to this fight! I'd like you to try and move before I launch this assault, I'm getting some of the good artillery out! Jazz shouted out to Anathema, the navi summoning the two defenses around them, one for each, making sure he didn't accidentally hurt his partner. A'ight. Lets see how much junk I can scatter in the following moments.

As Jazz brought his hands up, a ratty and desiccated looking doll began to form into his soft hands. The doll looking like an old teddy bear one would cuddle up with like a security blanket at night. His body beginning to charge up the desiccated doll, bits of fluff beginning to shake out of the old looking doll as he took aim at the Jellyfish looking virus. Bits of fluff dripping into the flooded field below, sinking beneath the waves, Jazz thrust his hands forwards, a crackle of thunder coming down and hitting his toy dead on. And with it, he channeled and took as best aim as he could from his position, his body flooded with energy. Letting out a grunt, he thrust the energy outwards from the toy, fluff exploding everywhere as the bolt began to travel across the field and attempting to cut through both Bubble and Jelly with an electrifying crackle, electricity separating hydrogen and oxygen from the water it traveled over, as well as the aquatic barrier that the Jelly was surrounded by should it hit.

Not settling down, Jazz stomped his foot in the water. Bubbles beginning to surface rapidly from under the water, and with a resounding splash, a Needler virus arose from the bottom of the marsh the navis were knee deep in. Skidding across the water back and forth like an insect, floaties practically glued to all four sides of the square shaped creature, Jazz finally noticed the MudFeesh that was next to him, staring down at it's goofy looking face with what could only be considered "Malice" in his eyes and an uninterested look plastered on his face. Th' fuck are 'ya lookin at you abomination to nature? Jazz asked downwards at the Feesh, not expecting an answer to his question, Jazz sent his virus assistant off to do what it did. The weaponized virus floating across the marsh fairly quickly as it's needle cannon began to shoot out a pair of needles towards each of the Feesh in turn as Jazz brought his head up back to the main target of his destructive malice.

So, ya like to flood the nets with water, eh jellyfish? Well, I like to flood them...with explosive weaponry. Jazz spoke again, a pair of large shotguns summoning themselves into the empty hands of the rabbit. The two weapons adorned with cuts, nicks, scrapes and seared metal across the silvery barrels, all loaded into single shot guns that felt as cheap as they looked. Well. Lets finish this, shall we? He spoke to himself, the navi raising the single barreled weapons up and taking as best an aim as he could towards the Jellyfish virus in question, and with a click of one, a simple air blast could be heard, like a "fwoomp" when launching a bomb. The first weapon fired out a simple spherical object, a red hue to the sphere's design if they could see objects going at a good forty or fifty miles per hour, the weapon hopefully crashing against the Tsunami virus' aquatic body, flames would explode all around the virus in a slightly larger capacity than normal, flames exploding from underneath everywhere it could in the virus' vicinity. Or should it miss any target, would likely plunk it's self into the drink around them with a loud hiss and fizzle. And a second, louder, pressurized air canister would come into the air right after the first's explosion had died out. A second spherical object...albeit...a bit lumpier than the first with a black hue to it's coloring. If the weapon connected, it would be revealed it was a tightly packed shrapnel bomb packed with needles, razors and all sorts of sharp objects all around the virus' body and into the surrounding area, with a rather resounding explosion. But should the weapon miss, all will be for naught and the weaponized ball of sharpness and hurt just likely hit the water around with a resounding "plop"

*Smash (Add breaking property to one attack)
*Mass Destruction (Add +1 coverage to all chips with Splash/Spread/Blast/Nova)
*Bunny Barrier (20 HP Barrier to Jazz)
*Bunny Casing (20 HP Casing to Anathema)
1: DollThunder1Damage: 80 + Line-Attack5
Description: Fires a powerful bolt of lightning that pierces through objects and enemies alike.
Element: Elec
--->Tsunami (80x4 damage (Elemental Weakness+Terrain Boost+BubbleWrap weakness), can hit 5 enemies if lined up)
2: Needler1HP: 60
Properties: Normal, Mobile
Object Damage: 60 Null + Impact + Break
Damage Method: Ramming attack, Telekinesis, Throw
Attack Damage: 30 Null x 2 hits x 3 Targets
Description: Summons a gun platform that attacks up to 3 separate targets each turn with its trio of double spike cannons. It can also perform a defense piercing kamikaze attack.
Duration: Until destroyed.
Special: This chip's accuracy cannot be boosted or reduced by any means, including RP quality.
- This object may ram a target instead of firing needles, but is instantly destroyed in exchange.
- This object may dodge by trying to ram nothing, but if it hits something in this way, it is still destroyed and deals object damage.
--->MudFeeshA-C (30x2 to each, summon 60 HP object)
3: HeatSpreader1Damage: 30 + Spread 8
Description: Shoots a fireball that explodes on impact to hit nearby enemies.
--->Tsunami, attempt to catch Metools A and B in spread (30 Fire+Spread8+Mass Destruction)
4: Spreader1Damage: 40 + Spread 8
Description: A gun whose shot explodes on impact to hit nearby enemies.
--->Tsunami, attempt to catch Metools A and B in spread (40+Spread8+Mass Destruction)
All things considered, Anathema found that she really couldn't complain with the events of the battle thus far. She wasn't unscathed, per se, but thanks to her Navi armor, getting bubble blasted didn't even sting. She actually had to look down just for evidence that she was hit...noting that her dress was now completely failing to hide how her breasts looked under it, accentuated by a few remaining suds. ...Huh, so her Navi armor was vulnerable to getting wet, too? Neat. She smiled at the sight, then looked up and puffed out her chest at the viruses. "Ha! You've only made me stronger!" Well, her desire to grope herself was stronger, at least. But the genuinely unnerving metavirus was gone, and the rest didn't seem like a big deal. Close enough.

"I think our next target should be that jellyfish thing. Compared to everything else, it's the dangerous one. For a certain definition of danger..."

As Alda tried to convey her plan, her Navi was more focused on the armor forming over her, and the heads up from her busting partner. "Explosive, huh? Nice, I can't wait to see you burst all over them!" Heeding his advice, she quickly backed up a few steps. At least in terms of distance, since she was still hovering. "That should do it. Go ahead and shoot your load!"

"...Are you trying to make as many terrible sex puns as you can?"

"Terrible sex puns...? Oh, you're right! I did it without even trying! Hee hee!"

"That's not very encouraging...but focus. His plan hinges on that electrical attack working. If it doesn't, it'll be a pain, so let's double our chances of success." Unbeknownst to her, she was sending precisely the same chip, to add a dash of dramatic irony. "BattleChip, DollThunder! Slot in!"

The witch Navi drew a circle in front of her with her finger, causing a small, dark gray cloud to form in front of her. Electricity coursed through it for a moment, before suddenly launching its charge at the Tsunami as a sort of lightning beam, easily capable of destroying the bubble with no effort, and nearly destroying the creamy virus center at the same time. A peal of thunder rang through the battlefield at that moment. She seemed happy at first, but her face slowly grew more serious as she continued to look on at the metavirus. "Hmm..."

"Something wrong?"

"Not wrong, per se...it's just a shame that we have to delete that Tsunami. Just look at all the fun a girl could have with one of them!"

"..." Actually, wait, she had a better idea than sarcasm. "You do realize that thing hasn't actually used those tentacles, besides from makeshift peashooters. There's no guarantee it can even grab anything with them."

"...Huh, you're right. They look kinda flimsy. You're right, screw it!"

"That's the...spirit. Now, use that spirit on this. No reason we can't join in on the fireworks." Again, the alchemist's choice in chips was extremely similar to the other duo's. "BattleChip, Spreader! Slot in!"

A black aura surrounded Anathema's hand, which she raised in front of her like a gun. After a moment of pondering what to shoot, she settled on a nearby Mudfeesh for target practice. Ready...aim..."Pew!" She pantomimed firing a shot, but in a twist, a dark energy bullet shot out from her fingertip. If it hit its target, a bunch of other energy bursts would shoot out from its body, seeking out other enemies for a good round of shadow artillery.

"What else should we do...oh, wait, I've got a great idea. Just in case everything goes pear shaped...BattleChip, Shadow! Slot in!"

The black spot was essentially serving as the witch Navi's shadow quickly darkened, then rose up and enveloped her as it sought to make her body and it one and the same. While the shape of her body remained the same, after it was done merging with her, every single part of her was now pitch black. "Guess now I have more than just a dark streak, huh?"

"More importantly, once the effects fully kick in, you won't have to worry about getting hit. At all."

"I know, it's great! But, it's weird. Everything looks kinda dark. It's a little hard to see, honestly..."

"Well that's just great...we'll deal with it when we need to. For now, let's see if it even matters."

"Will do!" Just because it was harder to see didn't mean she couldn't see, so she should still be able to tell what possibly remained pretty quickly...

[Order of Turn:
1-Dodge
2- DollThunder1Damage: 80 + Line-Attack5
Description: Fires a powerful bolt of lightning that pierces through objects and enemies alike.
Element: Elec
on Tsunami
3- Spreader1Damage: 40 + Spread 8
Description: A gun whose shot explodes on impact to hit nearby enemies.
on MudfeeshB (Spread Targets: As many viruses as possible, but especially the other Mudfeesh)
4- Shadow1Effect: Shadow
Accuracy: S
Description: Grants the user Shadow. This reduces all incoming non-Slashing attacks to 0 damage, and reduces accuracy on ranged attacks by 20%.
Duration: One turn
on Anathema]
The most pressing threat was dealt with, but just to be sure, Jazz didn't relax in terms of setting up defences for the pair while they mopped up. Unfortunately, as he prepared to blast the other meta-virus with his snuggly doll of electric death, the mudfeesh near him floundered in front, aiming to snuggle both Jazz and his new summon, seemingly oblivious to the build up of charge going on. the bolt released, and while it fried the dopey fish soundly, the arcing line had been nudged off centre enough that it passed just to the side of the large jellyfish.

This left anathema to dodge as best she was able, while the Tsunami raised its tentacles towards her this time. Once again, perhaps disappointingly for her, it was only to shoot more streams of water and bubbles, though the clinging mud on her body slowed her movements enough that she only managed to avoid one of the four main pulses. Even so, the protectives that Jazz had sent her way held off the assault.

Jazz, meanwhile, took swift revenge on the remaining mudfeesh for interfering with his efforts; the Needler was quick and efficient at filling both of the remaining critters with enough darts to send them belly up in the water. With the two fish surrounding her dealt with, Anathema was now clear to aim her own electric blast at the largest remaining virus, and unhindered she was able to line her bolt up to strike it, and also both of the hapless metools behind. The Tsunami thrashed and twitched, its tentacles flailing as it jerked about, badly cooked by the forceful bolt, and though it was still alive it swayed back and forth. Jazz struck with a fiery attack just after and the virus dropped suddenly to the water's surface. As close as it looked to defeat, however, it wasn't down, and the drop was the prelude to another large wave of freezing water washing across the clearing. It buffered both navis; Anathema's casing gave out at last, and the impact of the water ripped through Jazz's barrier and gave the bunny a freezingly cold dousing besides.

Despite this, the jelly looked more or less spent, and as it only very slowly began to lift itself out of the water again, both Jazz and anathema hammered it with twinned spreader shots, puncturing it badly enough to drop the massive thing down again, this time for good. In the aftermath, anathema was ready to raise a defence of her own, but would quickly realise that she didn't need to any more, if she didn't feel like it; the clearing was, at last, clear.

-=Striking...Mud?=-

A: DELETED

B: DELETED

C: DELETED

MetoolMetool (Metool)

A: DELETED
MetoolMetool (Metool)

B: DELETED

-=Navis With Wood=-
Anathema.Exe: 95Hp [Sea]
Jazz.Exe: 110Hp [Sea]

-=Now A Flood-plane=-
100% Sea
[Tsunamis Make Terrain Simple]

-=Battle 4, Victory!=-
Jazz: 1150z, Guard1Effect: (1 Hit Shield) + (Reflect(up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack): On Hit)
Accuracy: S
Description: Generates a 1-Hit Shield upon activation. When this shield blocks one hit from a non-Break attack, it responds with a hyper-fast damage ray.
Duration: Until broken or overridden.
Special: Negated by Break. Ignores Impact.
Special: Reflect: Damage returned is equal to the damage of the attack blocked or the damage cap listed, whichever comes first. Reflect is not subject to negation by Impact.
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
Trader Rank: E
, 30 BugFrags
Anathema: 1300z, 30 BugFrags
Both Get: 10 Mutual FXP (5 Base +5 bonus for teamwork and coordination)
Jazz let out a sigh as the battle finished, dropping the guns he had summoned into the water with a plop, the rabbit breathing deeply as he began to sit down, the lapin navi having his stomach covered by the muddy water that surrounded them. Man...those Meta-Viruses are no joke. Been a while since I've fought viruses like that. Jazz breathed, the navi's thoughts interrupted by a metool helmet knocking against his body, floating atop the water. Huh...think this would make good chip data, Stephine? Jazz asked, sending the helmet to his operator as well as any zenny and bugfrags that were in the area for him. Stephine's PET letting out a couple beeps before spitting out a new chip for the two of them. Survey says yes, it'll make a Guard1 chip for us. She responded in an almost deadpan fashion. Jazz grunted, slowly getting back to his feet. Doin okay there, Ana? I see you got a little wetter than anticipated.
Almost as soon as it was raised, Anathema found her defense completely gone. She couldn't argue with the reason, though, as there was nothing she needed it against. "Well, that was...less dramatic than I was expecting. That scuttle thingy was definitely weird, though." She gathered up her share of the stuff left behind, and sent it over, before dismissing her Navi armor...which immediately made her freeze in place for a moment. "Brr! I knew my dress was wet, but I didn't think it'd be that cold!"

"We can tell...you look like you're about to cut right through your dress."

The witch Navi looked down again, despite already able to feel the answer, and nodded. From the waist up, she might as well just be wearing body paint that looked like her dress. "No kidding...hmm." She swung her chest left and right for a moment, then looked slightly disappointed as nothing changed. "Not literally, I'm afraid."

"I'm more afraid that you wanted to make that work..."

Anathema shrugged with a smile, then turned to Jazz. "I know, right? I'm totally soaked! But don't worry, I'm still in good shape. Just a little chilly right now! Although you can see that, I'm sure." She crossed her arms behind herself, and floated over to the other Navi. "I'm more worried about you, honestly. That water looks cold, and you can't just hover over it like I can. And, uh, I'm pretty sure I can't carry you." A moment passed, before she grew a little nervous. "...N-Not that I think you're really heavy, mind you! I'm just not built for any sort of physical labor, you know?" To emphasize this, she pulled out her right arm, and tried to make a muscle...and the lagomorph would need to squint really, really hard to notice any difference. "See? Magic and sexiness, I've got plenty of. Physical strength? Not even a little."
Jazz would slowly get himself to his feet, still knee deep, but the chill running through his body was mostly ignored in favor of practically gawking at Anathema as she spoke to her netop, his own navisuit clinging tightly to his body as he stared, fur weighted down heavily with the ice cold water he got washed over, yes she could probably cut glass as it stands, and not just with her hands. But regardless. The Lapin navi shook the thoughts from his head as Anathema responded to him. Careful Jazz, I think I can see drool on the sides of your mouth as it is. His netop teased to the back of his head, low enough that Anathema couldn't hear. Jazz practically ignored her comment as he spoke. 

Eh. Not a huge deal. He spoke simply with a shrug, dripping like a sopping wet rag as he did. I doubt those were the only jellyfish in the area, but...when you get used to Sharo's climate, water like this doesn't really phase you. Fur or not. He added at the end. I'm pretty sure if you can cut glass now, you'd cut diamonds out in Sharo's nets. Blizzards, ice flows, not to mention the resident Cybeast hanging out in one of the deepest parts of the normal net... He continued, trailing off as soon as he began to think of Squalo out in his home turf, causing whatever destruction it could, sending a visible chill up his spine as he thought about it...had he stumbled into it while a Rogue Navi...the thought sent chills down his spine. His eyes drifting down towards the flooded ground. Well, thankfully, it's easy to keep away from creatures like that at least.
"Really? Huh. Maybe I should go to Sharo and train myself against the cold!" ...Or not. Jazz was making it sound pretty awful. That said... "You know, if I could cut diamonds like that, that'd be a pretty deadly attack! Too bad it'd only work in Sharo." She noted the rabbit getting some chills, which made her fold her arms and look at him confusedly. "Are you suuuure you're all right? That made me feel cold just now."

Still, as the subject was brought up, it made Anathema ponder the Cybeasts...which made her smile. "You know, one day, when my powers are greater, I really wanna run into one of those Cybeast things. Imagine how powerful a potion or spell using Cybeast parts would be! The way I hear it, they practically run on evil energy, which is just a stone's throw away from what I use!" Now it was her turn to get chills...though for nearly the exact opposite reason as her busting partner. "Just imagine if I could extract that! I'd be virtually unbeatable with that kind of darkness coursing through me! ...But don't worry, I'm not banking on that. Much stronger Navis than me have tried, and got mutilated horribly for their trouble. And I may be a kinky girl, but I am SO not into that!" For all the talk of Cybeasts, perhaps the most incredible part was that Anathema did, in fact, have limits when it came to love making.

Actually, speaking of kinks..."Oh yeah, there was something I wanted to ask you, but I keep forgetting to ask. Rabbits and hares are known for frequent love making. I bet that makes their fluids really potent in love potions. So, think you could give me blood and semen samples? I can't really help with the blood, since the sharpest things I have are my wit and my nails, but feel free to look at me if it'll help with the latter! I'd offer to lend a helping hand, but a totally uncontaminated sample would be best..." The last part seemed to be as much telling herself as him. Regardless, she produced two vials and handed them over. "Doesn't matter which one you use for which, I can tell the difference between those two things. Oh, and please don't drip any of that water in there, even a drop would render it unusable. Thanks!" She floated back a bit, somehow expecting Jazz to totally comply.
Well, you'd probably be fine for the most part. I'm stuck on the ground, so I had to transform the field into Soil every fight just to not slip and slide around the field, specially when those damn Penguins showed up. Jazz spoke frankly, the navi ignoring the idea of her nipples actually...doing any damage...nonocan'tgetexcitedhereitwasbadenoughinyoka. But thoughts of Anathema's nipples aside, he simply waved off her concern. Just...unpleasant thoughts was all. Nothing to worry about. He simply said. But then she began to speak about how she could potentially use the "cybeast" parts for her own power...he wouldn't say anything as she continued, just that he was relieved she wasn't one of "those" kinds of freaks. Though he wasn't one to kinkshame...he wasn't about to start thinking about navis getting off to...that kind of pain. There was certainly a fine line between certain things.

And then he was handed two vials, he took them between both of his thumbs and forefingers, holding them outwards as she spoke again. This...got not the reaction she was expecting. He raised one eyebrow before having a look of a deer in headlights. He couldn't help but keep that look for a moment after she finished. He began to show some...visual nervousness with what he was asked to do. My my~ Didn't think you'd land such a kinky one! Stephine piped up almost immediately after she finished, Jazz's hands having a bit of a nervous shake to them, the two vials gently clanking together. If you needed semen samples, I'm sure there's still- We are NOT getting into that. And...ah...I'll do it after we get dried off, h-how about that? Water would mix with the blood if I tried to fill it up at this point. Still dripping wet and ah...I-I'd rather not ruin what you're planning on making, how about that? He stammered a bit, obvious "performance anxiety", but all the same, he sent the two vials to the PET for the moment, before Stephine would slot in a Mini-Energypack into the PET, a quick wind blowing around Jazz's body and soothing his form some before it faded, the navi fully healed before he could speak. Oh! How discourteous of me! You want a MiniEnergy Anathema? I know you took a hit or two in that last battle, don't worry, meal's on me if you want~ Stephine would chime in almost immediately afterwards, holding another minienergy between her fingers.

(MiniEnergyPack used on Jazz, +50 HP, HP maxed at 160)
It didn't take long for Jazz to react to her request. Anathema looked disappointed at first, thinking he was going to say no, but cheered up as he voiced his concerns. "True, it'll be safer to wait. I just wanted to make sure I remembered to ask!" ...Although she was a little bummed out she wouldn't get to watch him make that semen sample. "Once we're nice and dry, you can do it then. Too bad I don't have a blow dryer. ...Or maybe I should say, a hare dryer!" She giggled at her lame pun, before continuing. "Honestly, I have no idea if it'll actually work or not. But the basic logic is sound, I think. And it's easier to make something that'll affect Navis than it is to affect humans. Don't have to worry about things like immune systems."

A wind suddenly blew around the rabbit Navi, and he offered her the same treatment. While the chance of a wind assisted upskirt was kinda tantalizing...nah. "No thanks! I might as well be in top shape right now."

"That reminds me of something. Usually, when you've been on the net as long as you have, something...strange often comes up. You might wanna be extra careful."

"Strange? Ooh, maybe it'll be something with tentacles! And unlike that lame Tsunami thing, it'll be able to wrap us up and do unspeakable things!"

"You're waaaaaaay too excited for that. Remember, even if you get off on it, it's trying to kill you."

The witch Navi sighed, essentially conceding the point. "I know...but can't a girl dream?"

"Not while you're on the clock. Now go."

"Ughhhhh...what a mood killer." She rubbed the back of her head beneath the veil, and looked back at Jazz. "I guess we should move on before you get any more soaked, and take longer to dry out. Ready to go?"
Jazz sighed as he got out of...that...for the moment. Good thing he had a new sword to use for the blood collection...whether he let Anathema help him with the -other thing- he was still a little apprehensive about, but...well...if she was willing. But he did give her a playful smirk at the pun, he couldn't help himself at that point, letting out a chuckle. Stephine shrugged at the refusal to her offer, but she wasn't too peturbed. Anathema could probably use some HP parts or something down the line, but...eh. Whatever worked for her.

Wait...tentacles? Jesus has the net gone THAT far back in the last thirty-some years that viruses are using tentacles as weapons? I mean the meta-viruses are definitely new, but...

They used to have Tentacle chips a few years back as a gag chip to fight with, but...they've long since been discontinued. Though the Metas are definitely not natural in any case. It wouldn't surprise me if some NEETs in their mother's basements fucked with Virus data to see what they could make and just threw them out onto the net to multiply and reproduce.

I...what...how...you know what, I don't think I need to know. There's too many mysteries on this net as is and I don't know if I want to uncover some of them.

Resigned to the...peculiarities of the networks he had missed for a good twenty-some years, Jazz rubbed his soaked temples. Alright then...I suppose we should get going and prepare mentally for...whatever comes out I suppose. Lets head out Ana, maybe I'll get lucky and find something that won't try to rape and kill us. Jazz spoke, un-enthusiastically as he began to plod slowly through the icy marsh created by the jellyfish virus into whatever was next.

(Battle 5, 160 HP)