Returning to action

[so, how does it feel?] A chipper voice echoed as a sole navi walked out from the blue beacon which had brought her here, into the cold air of the fridgid net. The sudden chill caused one of her ears to twitch, something that would normally annoy her. This time however, she just stood by and looked at the lovely white scenery surrounding her.

It's wonderful, Mira. thank you. The navi smiled as she adjusted her long overcoat, her eyes scanning the area still in awe.

[I know you've gone through some changes since the last time you were here. You're not as powerful as you once were either. This doesn't mean we can't have some fun though, huh Nyan?] Mira seemed pretty upbeat despite the topic she just touched down upon. Nyan let out a heavy sigh, but couldn't help but follow up with a smile.

You're right. Let's begin training to assess my abilities. I may not be military anymore, but that doesn't mean i should go slacking off. The feline-themed navi took a more stern look as she tried to pick up any signs of viral activity in the area. She wasn't expecting anything to strong the be near the gate, but perhaps a nice warm up opponent would be within distance.

[hehe, ALRIGHT! Let's get things started! Go get em, Nyan!]

Could you please stop saying that name so much?! She quickly replied in embarassment, almost losing her composer, as her tail straightened up in frustration. Nyan had a feeling this was going to be a very trying return to the Sharo net she so loved, and the battles would have nothing to do with it.

*Battle 1, Ready!*
For one accustomed to Sharo Area, Aqua viruses wouldn't make them bat an eye. However, there were no PulseBats around, so Aqua viruses were all the Navi would get. Namely, some Puffies that enjoyed floating around for no apparent reason other than to go, 'Hey, look at me, I'm a fish that can float!'. Which would be more impressive if it wasn't the Internet.

===Puffed Up Puffy===

Puffy-AA: 100 HP
Puffy-AB: 100 HP
Puffy-AC: 100 HP

===Icy Ocelot===
Nyan.EXE: 150 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

- BATTLE ONE, SET
= NOW 100% MET-FREE
+ ENJOY!
[Haha, this will be easy for you, Nyan! Go fillet those fish with your claws! It's to time have some fun! Hee hee.] The cheerful Mira seemed to be full of energy, as she sent her navi into battle. She couldn't wait to see what Nyan would do after the lovely modifications Mira had prepared. Nyans expression was cold and stern however, as she listened to her OP's, not agreeing with what she had to say.

Mira, fighting isn't for fun. It's not a game you know. This is a serious battle where you have to plan and strategize, and there is no room for enjoyment in something like this. She swiftly stated as she eyed her enemies sharply, trying to come up with an idea of what to do.

Mira however just snickered to herself at Nyans reaction. [Oh reeeeeeeally? Are you sure about that? Your body seems to be telling me otherwise, Nyan.] The girl giggled as Nyan became puzzled. She wasn't quite sure what she had meant by that comment. It wasn't until she she caught something from the corner of her eye that she became aware of what the young girl was referring to. She let out a feline hiss as she stared at her tail waving happily back and forth in a subconscious reaction, only to grate on Nyan's nerves. No! Bad! Stop embarrassing me, Judas Tail! Her voice flustered as she frantically grabbed at it, trying to calm herself down and regain her composer shortly following.

Y-you saw nothing! Nyan blurted out, pulling her soft hood over her head to hide her face. Lets just get this over with! Ugh... With a heavy sigh, the navi set her feline gaze upon the Puffys once more, raising up her claws as she prepared for battle. Without hesitation she leaped forth, trying to weave back and forth as she got a feel for her new alterations. She felt a bit more nimble and more balanced that she ever had before. It had crossed her mind if this was part of Mira's doing, but there was no point in asking now. She used the claws on her boots to pivot and dash easier, giving her a little more control as she moved.

Coming almost to a halt, she crouched lower to the ground. Her legs tightened for a breif moment, before a rush of wind could be felt on her body as she sprung into the air. She leaned forward as hard as she could, rolling in the air as a cold wind rapped around her legs. As she came to complete the rotation, her legs slashed through the air sending two icy blades at two of the fish. Her tail flicked back as forth as her body drew closer to the panels, using it to shift herself to land on her feet.

[Here, this should give your claws a bit of an extra boost! ] Mira called out, as Nyans weaponry began to change and grow in length. The rage claw adapted well to her built in weapons and it was easy for Nyan to get used to, she noted as she rushed forward into an enemy. She pulled her right arm to her left, coiling her body slightly before delivering a strong swipe of her bladed glove. Her familiarity with the equipment let her act at her best, moving with the swing and using the momentum to hopefully escape any counter attack as she darted out of the way. Nyan kept her wits about her, watching for any subtle movements as she wonder what the virii would do now.

summary

1) Dodge

2) Frigid claw - (30 aqua + Slashing) x two targets ; Accuracy: A, shot type @ Puffy-AA, B

3) Rageclaw - 40 + slashing ; Accuracy: A @ Puffy-AA

Free Action: Swordplay - dodge

Frigid claw - 2 TCD remaining
As the NetOp and Navi argued over their respective reactions to the idea of fighting, one of the Puffys decided to start off the battle by firing a blue, fluid filled bubble, which bounced along the floor towards the Navi. She managed to move out of the way and retaliate with a pair of icy blades (30) as the second one fired. She kept up the attack on the first Puffy (40), and moved out of the way as the 3rd fired at her. All seemed well and good, but the bubbles seemed to realize they missed, and started to bounce back towards her.

===Puffed Up Puffy===

Puffy-AA: 30 HP
--Bubble1: 10HP
Puffy-AB: 70 HP
--Bubble2: 10HP
--Bubble3: 10HP

===Icy Ocelot===
Nyan.EXE: 150 HP

[Nyan, be careful. Those bubbles seem to be following you around. Try to finish those fishies off, but keep moving!] Mira's voice however didn't show any signs of worry. She was completely confident in her navi's ability to hand this situation.

Nyan of course was already aware of her circumstances, and was making the appropriate measures for an attack. Still within range of the first Puffy she had attacks, her clawed hand reached out to grasp the round virii. Wasting little time she aimed to throw it into one of its companions in order to make a follow up attack easier to aim. Of course she had no idea if this would actually work as well as she had hoped, but it was worth a try.

Mira, i need that shotgun chip. I'm going to finish these two off for now The navi ordered, extending a hand towards the virii as she expected the incoming data.

[You got it, Nyan!] A quick response from the operator, as a large barreled gun began to form in the feline navi's hands. Her sapphire eyes focused on her prey, her tail dartling back and forth in anticipation as her finger pressed up against the trigger. With a loud blast, a hail of bullets fired forth towards the targets. She was anxious to see if the shot hit, but she couldn't stand around to long.

Nyan quickly began to make a move, keeping her distance and trying to avoid any incoming fire. The last thing she needed was to be struck because she lost sight of her objective.

summary:

1) Rageclaw - (20 dmg, impact) Accuracy: B @ Puffy-AA, B

2) Shotgun - (50 dmg + spread) Accuracy A @ Puffy-AA, B

3) Dodge

Frigid Claw - 1 TCD

Rageclaw - 4 uses left

Running at one of the Puffy viruses while avoiding the bubbles, Nyan clawed a virus and flung it into another. As they crashed together, she aimed a Shotgun at them and fired. The blast deleted both viruses, but Nyan barely had time to confirm this before having to dodge a bubble again.

===Puffed Up Puffy===

Puffy-AA: DELETED
Puffy-AB: DELETED

===Icy Ocelot===
Nyan.EXE: 150 HP [RageClaw - 4 uses left]

Just one target left, it's time to end this! Nyan informed her operator, as she moved in closer to the final of the fishy virii. [Great job Nyan! Sink your teeth into it and enjoy! Heehee] Mira retorted cheerfully, having full confidence in her navi's abilities.

W-what the heck is that supposed to mean? I'm just going to delete the damned thing!

[Eh? but cats love fish...]

You're the one who programed me to look like this! I'm not a cat!

[I know! Pretty awesome right?!]

E-enough! I am not going to eat the fish, and that's final!

As the two argued, Nyans tail playfully danced back and forth unknown even to nyan as she was caught up in the heat of the moment. The navi tried to shake her mind clean of her operators crazy notions, as she maneuvered in close to the final puffy. Her right arm hung low as she approached, bending her knees and staying close to the ground, before leaping straight up with a large slash of her claws. As her body rose just above the virus, she began to lean forward shifting her weight enough to cause a spin. She brought both of her legs up above her head, and as she began to fall back down to the ground Nyan brought both of her clawed boots down upon the puffy in an attempt to end its days.

With finesse she landed effortlessly on all fours, then rebounded to the side in one acrobatic motion, standing upright once more. Using her feline agility to get out of the way of any counter attacks was something she was getting used to. Between her close combat prowess and her agile body, she didn't expect any trouble handling weaker virii.

summary:

1) Rageclaw - 40 + slashing ; Accuracy: A @ Puffy-AC
2) Rageclaw - 40 + slashing ; Accuracy: A @ Puffy-AC
3) Rageclaw - 40 + slashing ; Accuracy: A @ Puffy-AC

Free Action: Swordplay - dodge

One sliced-up Puffy later, and Nyan was one fish less. It disintegrated into battlechip data too, so even if she did want to eat it, she wouldn't be able to. The floating bubbles disappeared along with the Puffy.

-- ENEMIES --
Puffy-AA: DELETED
Puffy-AB: DELETED
Puffy-AC: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
Nyan.EXE: 150 HP [RageClaw - 4 uses left]

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[Spreader1] Battlechip, 300z
Nyan stretched after that workout of a fight, her new body was something she was still getting used to. She was pleased how she seemed to be more limber, and agile. It was just those few minor editions which Mira had added for her own amusement that seemed to frustrate. Despite being grateful, there were times when she just couldn't stand it.

[So what do you think? Pretty good job, huh?] Mira's voice full of confidence regarding her work on Nyan, after seeing how well the navi did. [I told you there would be nothing to worry about.]

Nyan nodded, though reluctantly. She had to admit she was impressed with the alterations. I still don't see what you had to go and change so much... but thank you. She muttered the last few words so softly, Mira was oblivious to the gratitude. Mira just grinned as she watched Nyan's tail flick back and forth however, and got the general idea.

[Anyways, this is enough of a test run. Let's head back shall we?]

Ok.

With that, the military navi turned feline left the net she was originally protecting. She knew it would be a long way until she could return to her former glory. Getting a second chance in life had it's prices to pay.

[[left thread]]