Stealth Busting

In a beam of black light (a great irony, to be sure), Shuri found herself in the Net. Her ninja mask was now up, making it impossible to see anything but her eyes. "Netopia, we meet again. And I still don't know what all the hullabaloo is from its natives...I'm not all that impressed."

"Well, we ARE Electopian...anyway, now that I think about it, this is our first chance to try out all that stuff I found at the house!"

"Yep, this time you can't say you're too tired from work or anything. Just you, me, and a bunch of viruses that are about be destroyed in the name of fun and profit!" And thus did the ninja Navi begin her noble quest.

(Searching for Battle #1)
Shuri materialized near a poisoned lake. The discolored lake had attracted a "Flying V" of red-orange, fish-bird hybrid viruses. Who immediately suspected the Navi of poisoning the lake. And began swooping across the lake to attack!

-Viruses-
BlazerA: 80HP [Flying above Lake]
BlazerB: 80HP [Flying above Lake]
BlazerC: 80HP [Flying above Lake]

-Terrain-
70% Normal
30% Poison [Lake]

-Navi-
Shuri.EXE: 150HP [Normal]

~Battle 1: Start!!~
...Ick. Who put this swamp here? That was something she'd never seen in Electopia...and for that, she was pretty darn thankful. Though, what was that above it? Looked like...viruses! Excellent. "Perfect! Viruses at 12 o'clock, Naomi!"

"What, really? That was quick..." The ninja Navi could hear a small clamor, followed by a traditional operator window. "Thought I'd get some filing done while you were looking, but I guess not..."

"You can do your nails when I'm NOT in mortal peril, thank you very much!"

"I meant the paperwork, thank you very much!"

"Well, anyway, we've got company, so let's stop arguing and start fighting, shall we?"

"All right, all right. So, how do you want to handle them?"

"Hmm...the way they're set up, and well, with them being over a pool of toxic goop, it'll be tricky to try and try to hit them. I can do it, of course, but..."

"But...?"

"The chip of winds, and a few throwing knives should work for what I have in mind!"

Chip of winds? Throwing knives? Why couldn't her Navi just ask for them by name like a normal person? Well, whatever. Chip of winds, that was definitely AirStorm. And throwing knives...she probably meant Kunai, since that's exactly what it did. "All right, they're sent!"

"And downloaded!" Shuri raised her arms, causing three cyclones to suddenly rise from the ground in front of her, and spin forward. Each tornado flew towards its own, individually assigned Blazer, to try and pull them into their vortex of pain. There didn't seem to be much emphasis on the pulling, however, and they seemed mostly content to just try and crash into the flying fish.

Less content was the ninja Navi, who watched as a quartet of kunai formed in her outstretched hand. One by one, and with all the speed one would expect of her theme, she grabbed a knife, and flung it at one of the fiery foes. Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh!...There was a small delay as she realized she had an extra kunai on hand, but she elected to just throw it anyway. Whoosh! There, if that didn't do the trick, at least they were nice and weakened now. And just in case there were survivors, she was all set to use her ninja reflexes to get out of the way. She had never actually encountered a Blazer before, but the name alone made it sound like they could burn her to a crisp...and that just wasn't cool with her.

[Order of Turn:
1-AirStorm1 chip attack on BlazerA, BlazerB, and BlazerC (50, B, Pull, Wind Type)
2-Kunai2 chip attack on BlazerA (30, B, Slashing, hits twice), BlazerB, and BlazerC (30, B, Slashing)
3-Dodge
4-Dodge]
The Blazers were pulled in close before Shuri unleashed a tornado at each of them. The middle virus managed to dodge its tornado while the other two were tossed about. Then a rain of kunai struck all three, deleting the two tumbling viruses. They fell into the toxic lake and sunk like rocks. But the surviving Blazer rushed up to the Navi and, from a set of specialized gills on either side of its underbelly, spews flames all around it. But the flames miss the Navi.

-Viruses-
BlazerA: DELETED
BlazerB: 50HP [Normal]
BlazerC: DELETED

-Terrain-
70% Normal
30% Poison [Lake]

-Navi-
As the Blazer let out its flames, one thing became incredibly clear: there was no sign of any burning ninjas. With incredible speed, Shuri sidestepped the fire, and watched as it finished up its attack. "I dunno...it's not really the time of year for a daytime campfire, if you ask me. Still, too bad there aren't any marshmallows around!"

"Um, how were you going to eat marshmallows through your mask...?"

"Hmm, you have a point. Anyway, I should finish off Arson Boy before he can try to burn me again. Give me the protective field, and the most basic of blades should work to end this!"

"We really need to talk after this..." Protective field had to be Barrier, since it was the only defensive chip they had, and the most basic blade they had...was Sword. Yep, that'd do it. "Okay, they're in!"

"And...downloaded!" A nearly transparent blue sphere surrounded Shuri, as a large, glowing white kunai formed in her hand. Giving it a little spin to get a feel for it, she rushed the remaining Blazer, and attempted to overwhelm it with a combination of her speed and her weapon's power. Over and over, she stabbed and slashed with her knife, all in the name of scoring a bit of loot...

[Order of Turn:
1-Barrier chip on Shuri (S, Barrier10)
2-Sword chip attack on on BlazerB (80, B, Slashing)
3-Sword chip attack on on BlazerB (80, B, Slashing)
4-Sword chip attack on on BlazerB (80, B, Slashing)]
A blazingly fierce showdown! The cold of a sinister knife versus the heat of a blazing soul! Barrier up! ... and now with the silly voiceover out of the way, we now return to our daily scheduled deletion, where Shuri pretty much just nails the remaining Blazer and makes Thanksgiving dinner out of it, sustaining zero damage in the process thanks to her protective Barrier chip.

-Viruses-
BlazerA: DELETED
BlazerB: DELETED
BlazerC: DELETED

-Terrain-
70% Normal
30% Poison [Lake]

-Navi-

-Battle 1, Victory!-
Rewards: 520z
"That was almost TOO easy!" Shuri twirled her knife in celebration, before allowing it to disappear. Now, to access those lovely remains of the viruses for some incredibly easy cash. "Lessee...nope, no BattleChip data in here. Not that I mind...Burner's not really my kind of chip, anyway!"

Well, Naomi certainly couldn't argue with any result that upped her cash on hand AND didn't hurt her Navi. Other things, however... "Yeah, speaking of chips, we've gotta talk."

"Hoo boy, I'm in trouble now. What's up?"

"Well, when you ask for chips, you never just call them by their names, or even by the little picture on them! You use all these flowery descriptions that make me have to stop and think for a moment before I can actually get them!"

"What, don't tell me I'm stumping you with them!"

"No, but one day, we'll probably in a battle where even a moment can be the difference between victory and death. Do you want to spend that moment asking for a chip when I could already be sending it to you?"

"...Point taken. I guess I have been getting a little careless in that regard. All right, I'll keep it short when there's something I have to have." Speaking of things she had to have, how about a better view than a toxic lake? "I'm moving on now. No one's around, still, right?"

"The coast is clear. Oh so clear..."

"Good. Here I go, then!" And she was off...again. With any luck at all, she'd at least find a more aesthetically pleasing spot to battle.

(Searching for Battle #2)
On her journey Shuri came across a beautifully lighted path of Holy panels and considering it was a much better option than poisonous lakes, she followed the path. As she traveled down the road she met a group of viruses who seemed to be arguing about something. On one side of the road was a group of Spookies, too scared to cross the path, and on the other side were a pair of BigHat viruses trying to encourage their ghostly friends (?) to join them. But you know what they say, don't go into the light. One of Spookies, however, noticed Shuri standing in the light and quickly the three realized it's all OK. Except that Shuri being there was not OK. Quickly the viruses turned to Shuri, either producing a ball of light or flinging out their tongue, and prepared for battle.

-Viruses-
BigHatA: 100HP [Normal]
BigHatB: 100HP [Normal]
SpookyA: 30HP [Normal]
SpookyB: 30HP [Normal]
SpookyC: 30HP [Normal]

-Terrain-
90% Normal
10% Holy [Path]

-Navi-
Shuri.EXE: 150HP [Holy]
While normally not a fan of the light herself, Shuri merrily walked along the sacred path, despite sticking out like a sore thumb. "A ninja walking along a path of light...I have a feeling I may look just a little out of place here."

"You think? It's almost like looking at a negative or something..."

"Ugh, the only think worse than a ninja that's been heard is one that can be seen...but, at least I'm quick enough to get the jump on anything anyway!" Speaking of which, there was something over there, namely ghosts and...lamp...mushroom...things with sunglasses. With ties. Of course they had ties. "Speaking of which, there's my next bunch of targets." The dark clothed Navi was immediately spotted, which didn't bother her for once; if they hadn't noticed her, they'd have to be blind or something. "Fine. If you guys want a piece of me, just try it!...I'll just set up for now. How's PanelGrab and Barrier sound, Naomi?"

"...Nope, that doesn't work for me. Let's do this, instead!" Naturally, the operator elected to go with...chips with some random Navi in a bubble, and a glowing blue panel. Wait a sec..."BattleChip, Barrier! BattleChip, PanelGrab! Double slot in!...Nice, I finally got to shout out what I sent you!"

Not so nice was her Navi's glancing at the connection window, with her hands on her hips. A blue, translucent spherical barrier surrounded her, and the panel she stood on began to glow...well, glow even brighter. The energy it gave her sharpened her senses, ensuring that whatever attacks she used, they'd be more pinpoint accurate than usual. "I see what you did there...meh, whatever, I guess I can't complain." Now, let's see...ah, right, she knew how Spooky worked. They had the unfortunate trait of healing everyone if you didn't beat them fast. On the plus side, if she was lucky, there would an extremely ninja-y chip in her near future. "Uh, I'm blanking here...I don't care what you send me, so long as it can beat all the ghosts at once, and I can use it from over here!"

"You're letting me choose? That's new..." Umm...well, she knew one chip Shuri liked to use that fit the description, so..."This should do the trick! BattleChip, Kunai2! Slot in!"

Once again, a quartet of throwing knives appeared in the Navi's off hand. And once again, one by one, she moved them to her main hand, calculated how to throw them, and flung them at the allegedly scary viruses. She had one left over after each one was accounted for...but she decided to just go ahead and toss it at the one she presently had a bead on. Overkill certainly didn't hurt...her, anyway. Now, to contend with those BigHats, as they were called. What kind of hat covered the entire head, anyway? At least there was a point to her hood. "I don't really know much about these other guys...so let's just take them out in one shot! WideBlade, please!"

Another one her Navi really seemed to like. It WAS pretty strong, though. Naomi couldn't help but wonder what the previous owner did to get it...or why they would leave such a strong chip behind. "Well, we can always look it up later, so I guess for now, you're right. BattleChip, WideBlade! Slot in!"

A katana that emitted a soft, glowing golden light materialized in the ninja's right hand, which she twirled in her hand a couple of times to get a feel for it. Gripping it tightly, she dashed along the road of holy panels, coming to a screeching halt in front of the sunglasses wearing viruses, and letting loose a single slash with her blade. With any luck, the sheer ridiculousness of her foes would leave her sight, and leave her alone once again...

[Order of Turn:
1-Barrier chip on Shuri (S, Barrier10)
2-PanelGrab chip on Shuri (S, raises accuracy for one turn)
3-Kunai2 chip attack on SpookyA (30, B, Slashing), SpookyB (30, B, Slashing), and SpookyC (30, B, Slashing, hits twice)
4-WideBlade chip attack on BigHatA and BigHatB (110, B, Slashing, Wide Attack)]
Shuri activates a barrier as the two BigHats lob their balls of light toward the Navi. They land in front of Shuri on the glowing road. They looked like they would detonate next turn.

Shuri responded by powering up her accuracy and lobbing her own kunai at the Spookies. And all three hit, deleting the Spookies, and leaving wispy remains behind.

Then the ninja ran forward and delivered an accurate slash that caught both BigHats and deleted them. Their bombs fizzled with their death, giving out little clouds of smoke.

-Viruses-
BigHatA: DELETED
BigHatB: DELETED
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED
SpookyC: DELETED

-Objects-
FlashBombA: 20HP [Holy] [Fizzled]
FlashBombB: 20HP [Holy] [Fizzled]

-Terrain-
90% Normal
10% Holy [Path]

-Navi-
Shuri.EXE: 150HP [Holy] [10HP Barrier]

~Battle 2: Victory!!~
Rewards: 750z
"...Is this REALLY the best Netopia has to offer?" Even though she prided herself on taking out foes swiftly and efficently, Shuri almost seemed insulted that the viruses didn't even last a full round against her. Dissipating both her offense and defense, she halfheartedly accessed the data, only becoming more sour as she found nothing but cash. "Urgh! The least they could do is give me more invisibility power for that pathetic display!"

"You really oughta relax...you act like you're supposed to get exactly what you want, and we both know it doesn't work that way." And the cash gained from it was safely filed away for future spending. Wait...filed..."Oh, crap!"

"Doesn't mean I can't be disappointed. And now what's got your panties in a bunch?"

"Oh, I was meaning to do that filing of our hard records today!"

"Then do it! I'm not stopping you!"

"Actually...you kinda are. I can't really do much filing if I have to send you chips all the time. And even if you kept fighting, I'd have to sleep here before you finished your next fight..."

"Fine, do your filing...I'll find another way to amuse myself without you. But don't jack me out. Don't worry, I'm not going to do any more fighting for now!"

"All right, but whatever you do, be careful, okay?"

"Right, right..."

(TO...WHEREVER THE NEXT MISSION OCCURS, I GUESS)