Squirrels are such suckers.

Nitro stopped as the virii came into view. Hearing Tranum's concern at the large amount of them, he responded, "This is nothing! I've fought twice as many as this before!" He dropped his gaze below the virii and noticed the panels beneath them. "Now that," he said, pointing out the panels to Tranum, "That could be a problem. Nitro then opened communications with his operator. "Chris! What do we have that can get rid of those panels?"
"Well," Chris replied, "We've got that Molotov sig, but that might not be the best idea, considering present company."
"No big deal!" scoffed Nitro. "I'm sure he's able to keep his distance. And besides, we can just heal him back up with the HHG."
A large wine bottle appeared in Nitro's hand, filled with gasoline, with a white, flaming rag stuffed in the neck. He lobbed it at one of the MagTects, and immediately followed it up with a flurry of bombs from his blaster. He shrugged off the signature attacks signature sting, being used to it by now, and running up to Tranum, setting up his own shield next to the squirrels.
"Listen," he said, "try to keep your distance from the virii, the terrain may not be to your liking. If the need should arise, however, I'll be able to heal you. Just get closer when you need it."

Summary
1) Signature Attack: Molotov Cocktail at MagTectA (40 Fire damage, Large Area Lava Terrain change [zone], 2 turn Cooldown)
2) Signature Attack: Overheat at MagTect A (80 Null damage, 15 self damage, 2 turn Cooldown.)
3) Guard1.

Cooldowns:
Overheat: Used this turn.
Molotov Cocktail: Used this turn.
((My Turn to Bump!
Tranum's initial Crackerbomb flew at the viruses before they could do anything but look scared. It deleted several of the Billy viruses just as fast. A few seconds later Nitro's molotov crashed down on one of the MagTects and covered the area in a sea of lava. He followed it up with a series of bombs fired from his buster that finished off the damaged MagTect. Tranum's Shotgun hit its target head on, but the previous Crackerbomb had spread the viruses out enough that it only hit the one.

A MagTect sped up to the duo's double barrier, damaging itself on the lava as it did. It then punched at Tranum's shield and shocked itself. Not wanting that to happen again, the virus backed away slightly. Nitro's shield had actually lasted more than a few seconds. The two remaining Billy viruses were reluctant to more around on the lava, and the other MagTect darted off the damaging panels while sustaining some damage of its own.

MagTectA: DELETED (Nitro)
MagTectB: 85 HP
MagTectC: 55 HP
BillyA: DELETED (Tranum)
BillyB: DELETED (Tranum)
BillyC: DELETED (Tranum)
BillyD: 50 HP (on lava)
BillyE: 50 HP (on lava)
BillyF: DELETED (Tranum)

Nitro: 125 HP (Equipped: Guard1)
Tranum: 80 HP

Terrain: 30% Normal, 20% Magnetic (by the viruses), 50% Lava
"Hey, Dave, do we have any other long-range chips?"

"Uhm... Give me a sec... Hmmm... Nothing particularly strong. We have the Cannon, and the Zapring. Say, I've got an idea..."

"And what does this idea entail?"

"I'm going to load the Zapring." Tranum held up the green metal ring, watching the electricity crackling across it's surface with mild intrest. "What you're going to do is fire it at that Magtect that attacked you. It won't do as much damage as the other ones, but it'll stun it. You've only got one shot, so be careful!"

"Right, gotcha. What then?"

"Fire the cannon at the same MagTect, then duck. I'll put the shield up."

"Alright. I'll see what I can do!"

Tranum glared at the MagTect in question. Glaring threateningly at his target, he took careful aim, and launched the Zapring at it. The amount of electricity crackling around the metal ring increased at it sped through the air. Tranum looked down at the cannon that had appeared in his hand, and lifted it. He quickly looked down the cannon's length, lining up his shot as best as he could. Firing off this shot, he grinned, watching as the cannon's shot flew towards it's target.

"So, what was next?"
"Duck and cover."
As Dave spoke, Tranum's shield popped up. Tranum quickly maneuvered the glowing blue shield back into the phalanx that he and Nitro had formed.

Summary
1) Zapring1 to MagTectC (40 damage+ stun)
2) Cannon to MagTectC (40 damage+knockback)
3) Shield
"Alright, we've still got our shield." Nitro said, to no one in particular. "Hold on, send me the Cannon, I've got an idea!" He added, this time addressing Chris. The chip appeared over Nitro's hand, and he darted forward, past the Magtects and to the edge of the lava. He threw the Guard face down in the lava, and leapt into it. He then turned and fired the Cannon at one of the Magtects, using the knockback to send him sailing across the molten terrain. The Rageclaw was uploaded as Nitro neared the Billys, and he gave an almighty swipe at one of the viruses as he passed it.

Summary:
1+2: CHIPTECH: LAVA BOARD (Guard/Cannon combo) (Cannon at MagtectB (40dmg+knockback)
3: Rageclaw at BillyD (40dmg+Slashing)

Cooldowns:
Overheat: 2
Molotov Cocktail: 2
((Bonk))
((bmup))
:ph43r: Bumps with the guitar riff that follows the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx wherever they go :ph43r:
Tranum quickly leaped into action, decimating one Magtect within seconds while his partner.... rode on a guard on lava, despite the fact he didn't really need to since he was a fire elemental navi, but oh well.

The other Magtect got hit in the face too.

Nitro tried to reach the Billy, but it was TOO FAR, so he just swiped at thin air.

A Billy launched a Thunder at Tranum, but he had his shield, so he was ok. The remaining Magtect decided it would be a good idea to use magnetism to pull Nitro closer.

It worked, yeowch.

MagTectB: 45 HP
MagTectC: DELETED (Tranum)
BillyD: 45 HP (on lava)
BillyE: 45 HP (on lava)

Nitro: 95 HP [Magnet](Stun! -1 Action)(Magnet! -1 Action!)[Rageclaw (5)]
Tranum: 80 HP

"Gyah!" Nitro shouted out, as electricity coursed through his body. Or, at least, that's what he wanted to do. His feminine vocal chords instead let out a blood-curdling shriek, sure to cause every head for a mile to turn in his direction. His muscles seized up, causing him to fall over, and the claws on his hand stuck to the magnetic ground beneath him. Once he was able to move again, he began wrenching at the claw, trying to free himself. Still struggling to break loose, he called out to Tranum, "I could use some help over here! Get this thing out of my hair!" His claws finally came loose, and he used the momentum to give a fierce swing at his assailant. His arms and legs then began to swing frantically, in an effort to escape any further harm.

Summary:
1: Rageclaw at Magtect (40dmg+slashing)

Cooldowns:
Overheat: 1 (available next turn)
Molotov Cocktail: 1 (available next turn)
[GOD-DAMN WII POSTING, ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE POST]
((Link: I'd let you borrow my spare computer, but I'm mean. Also, it's too dark to walk.))

Tranum looked at the scene of chaos that had begun to unfold around him.

Hey, Dave? What do we have for ranged chips?
Uh... Lemme check... Uhm... Abso-frickin'-lutely NOTHING! ZIP! ZERO! NADA!
...You sounded too cheerful for my liking there.
If I had a zenny for everytime somebody told me that, I'd have three. The only chip we've got right now is the rageclaw. I wish I could do better, but I can't.
...Iunno Dave... Lava tiles won't work that well with me, and having seen what happened to Nitro...
Tough. I have a plan though. We go for the Magtect first. That will hopefully free up Nitro. After that, see if you can get her away from the magnet tiles. Then, set up shop wherever you wind up. If the Billies spend much longer where they are, they'll take enough to be able to get 'em with the Rageclaw.
...I'm kinda iffy on this line of attack, but it's the best we've got, so I guess I'll stick with it, provided you put the shield up to cover my escape.
No problem. Anytime.

Tranum took a moment to steady his nerves, then raised his trusty rageclaw.

"I guess it's now or never!" With that, he charged recklessly into the fray.

He darted over to Nitro, jumping over his fallen companion to deal with the final MagTect. Seconds before impact, milliseconds before he had a chance to have second thoughts, he let loose a wild scream of animal rage. Half a second later, he clawed at the Magtect with every gram of strength he could muster, lashing out with a ferocity he had never matched before. Thinking quickly, he grabbed his fallen comrade by the arm, pulling her out of harm's way.
Dave, that shield would really come in handy now!

As if on cue, the glowing blue shield lept into place.

Summary!
1) Rageclaw to MagtectB (40 damage+slashing)
2) Grab Nitro and run
3) Shield
The Magtect was sliced at by Nitro's claws, now that he was close enough. Tranum joined in the kill as well, and dragged Nitro away from the magnet paneling. They managed to reach safety, but Tranum got hit by a Billy's zapper that got past his shield, which was already broken by the Magtect sometime ago.

MagTectB: DELETED (Nitro/Tranum)
BillyD: 40 HP (on lava)
BillyE: 40 HP (on lava)

Nitro: 95 HP (normal) (Rageclaw 4)
Tranum: 65 HP (normal) (Stun! -1 Action) (Broken Shield) (RageClaw 5)

Tranum shook his head, trying valiantly to clear his head from the bolt of electricity.

"Nitro, I'm going to go in and attack them. I could probably use some backup." With that, he lept towards the two remaining billies, Rageclaw in hand. Striking out with his last reserves of strength, he struck the first one once, twice, then twice more, and whirled to face the second. Ignoring the heat coming from the lava tiles, he repeated the hack-and-slash tactic once more, then lept backwards, dashing quickly back to where he started.

Summary
1) Rageclaw to BillyD (40Damage+slashing)
2) Rageclaw to BillyE (40Damage+slashing)
2b) Dodge (Sword Active ability: Swordplay [free parry/dodge])
"Wait, Tranum, I-" Nitro called out as the squirrel Navi darted forward. But, predictably, his stuttering cry went unheard. "Well," he said to Chris. "What do we have to cover him with?"
"The Shotgun would probably do the trick," Chris replied. "I'll load it now."
"Please do," Nitro replied. The gun materialised over his hand, and he waited until he had a clear shot. He fired, letting the shot soar towards the enemy Billys. Rather than watch it connect, however, Nitro watched his partner return to his side. "You really need to learn to sit still for five seconds, you know that?" Nitro teased. "Now would be a good time to practice, so I can heal you." Nitro aimed his buster towards the ground between them. "Just stay still and breath deep." Nitro fired the shimmering grenade at the ground, which released a cloud of restorative gas around them. Nitro inhaled, letting the chemicals work their magic. "Ah," he sighed. "I love the smell of nitro glycerin in the morni- wait, what time is it?"

Summary
1+2: Shotgun at BillyD (50dmg+Spread2)(Mass Destruction activated)
3: Healing Hand Grenade at Nitro and Tranum (60heal + Blast1)

Cooldowns:
Healing Hand Grenade: Used this turn.
Billies die of armed assault, with Tranum beheading one and Nitro offing another with a nice shotgun blast.

MagTectB: DELETED (Nitro/Tranum)
BillyD: DELETED (Nitro)
BillyE: DELETED (Tranum)

Nitro: 140 HP (normal) (Rageclaw 4)
Tranum: 100 HP (normal) (Broken Shield) (RageClaw 3)

Battle 2 - Victory!!
Rewards:
Nitro:
- 150z
- [MagBolt1] Battlechip
- +2 FXP (+1 Friendly Healing!)

Tranum:
- 300z
- [Thunder1] Battlechip
- +2 FXP (+1 Friendly Shielding!)
Nitro walked over to the pile of data left behind by the viruses, and collected up his share. He then walked back over to Tranum. "Thanks," he said. "You really saved my neck back there. Why don't we keep going, see if I can't return the favour?" He walked past Tranum, and opened up private communications with Chris.
"So, what's the game plan now?"
"Well, uh," Chris said. "I guess we could... uh..."
"You haven't had a plan this whole time, have you?"
"Ye- no."
"Well, that's fine," Nitro said. "I've been thinking about how to do the "big reveal", but we'll need to keep going a little longer to get the grand effect."
"Uh, sure, whatever you want," Chris replied, surprised at how well Nitro was taking this.

((Ready for battle 3))
Tranum was elated with the recent victory, showing his joy by clapping twice, spinning on his heel, and performing jazz hands. "Alright! We did it!" he shouted, pumping his fist in the air. "It may have taken a while, but we did it!"

Dave joined in, sharing his navi's enthusiasm. "Way to go, mate! I shall play a song on the Les Paul to celebrate."

"That's always the best course of action with you, isn't it?" Tranum turned back towards his partner. "Heh. Those virii never saw it coming! I'm already pumped up for the next battle!"

The squirrel navi paused for a brief moment, hearing the faint guitar music that his operator was playing. "Dave, are you playing Crazy Train?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Couldn't you play, Iunno, something more appropriate?"

"Crazy Train is always appropriate, my friend."

"Forget I asked. Anyways, onto the next battle!"

((Battle 3 OKGo))
((Bmup))
((Bonk))