Supercomputer investigation

<(SUMMON: BUMPZORD!)>
Suddenly, ten viruses come out of the net. Are those Metools? But they look like they have beaver faces or something on them. Upon closer inspection, it seems as if the normal black Metool head has been replaced by a furry beaver head! One of them shouts, "DERP!" and commands the others to charge into battle.

DerptoolA: 70 HP
DerptoolB: 70 HP
DerptoolC: 70 HP
DerptoolD: 70 HP
DerptoolE: 70 HP
DerptoolF: 70 HP
DerptoolG: 70 HP
DerptoolH: 70 HP
DerptoolI: 70 HP
DerptoolJ: 70 HP

Splashman.exe: 140 HP
Binary.exe: 70 HP

-DERP!-
-BATTLE 8!-
-FIGHT!-
<(rofls. Genius. GENIUS!)>

"Hey Chris, you have any idea what's up with these Metools?" 1001 asked him.

"Well, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that they've been watching Pokemon 4th season for too long. They all sound like those beaver things! I think they were called Derpzords or something like that," Chris answered, a silly grin on his face. "Man, seeing these guys takes me back to when Gramps gave me that antiquated old thing Nintendo made decades ago," he added.

"When you're done thinking about that hunk-a-junk, could you send me chips?" 1001 barked.

"Right, right, right. Well, the Derpzord Mets or whatever look like they could go down in one assault. So, I'm sending you both ElectricReels. Go get 'em!" Chris exclaimed.

"Wait, did you say 'both' Electricreels?" 1001 shouted, uncertain. But then, lo and behold, data for two ElecReels appeared in his chip data banks. "Whoa, where'd you get the other one? And while I'm at it, since when did you have an Energybomb in your folder?

Chris smiled, answering, "Sabrina was kind enough to share her sizable chip folder with me, in return for a little cash."

"How much is a little?"

"About 4500 zenny."

1001 smacked his forehead, saying, "You do know that payday isn't until Friday, right?

"1001, I didn't waste my actual bank account on the chips. The day I gave you combat programs, I also opened a second bank account that I use to buy stuff like upgrades and chips for you. So, I'm still flushed as a guy asking out his first date!" Chris explained. "Now, enough chit-chat. Let's see what happens when Derpzords get struck by lightning!"

1001 accessed his banks of data, locating the data for the two ElecReels. Loading both at the same time, he smirked. His eyes soon opened, but instead of just the irises of the eyes glowing, the entire eye glowed with a vast amount of raw electricity. Cackling and crackling, he let loose the electricity into his last eye, trying to hold it in for long enough for him to aim. Then, to everyone's surprise, he looked straight upward and shot enough electricity to power all of SciLabs for half a year, straight into the air, where it carried upwards into the artificial clouds and disappeared.

"What the hell? You just wasted our two best chips!" Chris shouted, but before he could continue, he was cut across by 1001.

"Quick, send me a DoubleBeam!"

Shrugging, he sent the chip to 1001 and watched.

Meanwhile, a storm was brewing above 1001 and Splashman. Angry black clouds roiled and swirled dangerously low to the ground, blotting out the digital sun and blackening the sky. Conjuring a DBLCube, 1001 grabbed hold of it with all six arms, and gave a mighty heave, sending it flying into the black storm. The DBLCube appeared to stop for a while, then faded into mist and was assimilated into the cloud 1001 had made.

"Erm, 1001, what are you doing?" Chris asked cautiously.

"I'm brewing myself up a storm, what does it look like I'm doing? Making flapjacks?" laughed the djinn Navi.

Soon, the storm had stopped growing, and hung over the Navis and viruses, occasionally crackling ominously. Then, a bolt of lightning struck the ground, blackening the ground where it had struck. Then, out of the blue, 1001's self-made thunderstorm started pouring out blasts of electricity like rain. Among the bright yellow electricity that signified the two ElecReels, there were also flashes of red and blue striking the ground. Although while the ElecReels and the Red DBLBeams were mainly striking around the Derptools, the Blue DBLBeams were mostly striking around 1001 and Splashman. Over the many booms of thunder, 1001 yelled to Splashman, "Don't worry if one of the blue bolts hits you! It's DBLBeam; it'll heal you some!"

"Jesus Christ, 1001, you are one hell of a crazy monkey!" Chris chimed in, watching the storm in apparant awe.

"I live to impress and make big flashy things like this happen, " 1001 called back.

1/2/3: Thunderstorm! (ElecReel1/ElecReel1/DBLBeam (100 to either two groups or one big group, plus either 30 to all Derptools or 30 heal to 1001 and Splashman. Mainly directed at Derptools F-J, but that doesn't mean it can't hit other virii too.))
SplashMan just stood there, staring at the beaver-Mettaur hybrids as he was wondering how on earth they got there. "So, uh...uhh..." Despite his best efforts, he had no words to describe what he was thinking.

"I know...the faster we take care of those freaks, the better!"

"Yeah...they creep me out! Let's go, already!"

Sabrina began to search her folder for chips that could work besides WideShot, but stopped and smirked whehn Chris mentioned her apparent generousity. "Don't mention it! I could use the cash, anyway!" She shook her PET, and could've sworn she heard something jingling in there. "Yep, I'll definitely be able to get some nice stuff for SplashMan now!"

"That's nice, but could I get some nice stuff to beat these freaks right now?"

"But of course! Here! Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

The Aqua battlechip took its form on the Aqua Navi's arm, and was prepared for usage. However, a clap of thunder froze him in his tracks. "Wait...Sabrina, when are there clouds in the cyberworld?"

"Uh...never, as far as I know. Why?"

"...Because I wanted to be sure of something. And now I am! Hit the deck!" SplashMan practically threw himself onto the ground, trying to be as close to it as possible at all points of his body. "Lightning...bad...must avoid!"

"...You do realize that's just 1001 pulling off some sort of fancy combo, right?"

"Eh?" The djinn Navi confirmed what the operator had said. "Oh, right! But if it's all the same to everyone, I'd rather stay down here..." The Navi aimed his WideShot attack in the direction of a few of the Derptools, and fired from a prone position. "Nope, not getting up anytime soon..."

"As long as you don't miss, I could care less!" A pair of chips made their way to SplashMan's queue via the PET. "Battlechip, MarkCannon! Double slot in!"

The Aqua Navi remained silent as he pointed the green cannon at another beaver Mettaur, letting out a cursor at it, followed by a blast. A repeat performance was held for another one, but SplashMan did not so much as rise to a sitting position. "Still don't wanna move..."

"Oh, you're moving all right. I don't care if you have to roll to evade, but that's all the chip data I'm sending you! Not that we'd really need more, but eh...I'm trying to make a point here!"

"What point is that?"

"...Just get rolling if you get attacked..."

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot chip attack on DerptoolA, DerptoolB, and DerptoolC (80, Aqua)
2-MarkCannon1 chip attack on DerptoolD (70, can lock on)
3-MarkCannon1 chip attack on DerptoolE (70, can lock on)
4-Dodge (if necessary)]
<(New Bumps! Twice the bump, half the fat!)>
((...I'm sad that the virus contest this month feature heavy muscled guys instead these goddamn Derptools. <_<))
Everything is either electrocuted, drowned, super electrocuted, or simply blasted to death.

DerptoolA: DROWNED
DerptoolB: DROWNED
DerptoolC: DROWNED
DerptoolD: SNIPED
DerptoolE: SNIPED
DerptoolF: ZAPPED
DerptoolG: ZAPPED
DerptoolH: ZAPPED
DerptoolI: ZAPPED
DerptoolJ: ZAPPED

-DERP!-
Both Derp: 1000z
"Well, that was pretty easy," 1001 quipped.

"Keep in mind you just used two ElecReels. And by the way, someone tell Splashman that that thunderstorm you made is gone," Chris replied.

Floating over to Splashman, he nudged him, held out a hand to help him up, and said, "The storm's over, Splashman. Its safe to come up. Well, it was beforehand, but whatever,"

After helping his partner up, he said, "Well, let's keep going ... ugh, its starting to really stink in here." Floating off into what appeared to be more infection, as the yellow had started to grow some blotches of dark, murky brown, like mud.

<(BATTLE 9, WHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOPWHOOP)>
And so, SplashMan was nudged. Which proved to be a less-than-stellar idea, as with a mighty "Yaaaaah!!!" he somehow managed to flip over on his back from sheer shock. "...Don't do that! You scared me half to deletion!" Despite his chilly response, the Aqua Navi accepted the assistance provided to stand up. "For a second there I thought I was toast!"

"You act like you were actually in danger."

"Well, wasn't I?"

"...Not really...just send that cash over and keep going..."

"Will do!" SplashMan promptly boosted Sabrina's zenny total by a decent margin, then started walking. And naturally, he laughed a little at 1001's 'situation'. "Heh, I don't have a nose! So I can't smell anything in here, no matter how bad it gets!" Unfortunately for him, a look down was the great equalizer. "...Oh man, the floor's getting all icky! My feet are getting all yellow and brown!"

"...Then you better wipe your feet before you jack out!"

"Yeah, I'm not getting any of this in the PET if I can help it..."

(And then He looked down from the heavens, and said, "Let there be Battle #9." And He saw that it was good.)
As the duo went further into the net, they saw the same crimson Heelnavi once again. Emotionless, he stood in front of them with pride. "I'm surprised. It looks like you can take care of your selves. But I want to make things bit more interesting..."

He raised his gigantic arms and slammed it against the ground. A giant shockwave traversed all the way to the tip of the field and transformed the ground into shining glass. "Survive, and I'll see if you're worthy!!". Like a typical villan, he disappeared with an insidious laugh as his minions started to attack!!

...What's this?? What's that little green speck all the way over there...

Quote (Terrain: Entire Field)

Glass
-Causes all chacters to slip and slide, reducing dodge and accuracy by 1 rank. Water worsens the effect to -2 ranks.
-Wet glass panels may cause poorly RP'ed or heavily hit Navis to loose balance and fall, losing 1 to 2 actions to recover.
-Shatters and becomes Broken when hit with Ground effect or Break type attacks, causing splash damage with shards. Damage varies from 10 to 100 points, in increments of 10.
-Causes Null Dmagae + Splash Effect Damage when used w/ Panel Shot.

KabutankA: 80
KabutankB: 80
KabutankC: 80
KabutankD: 80
KabutankE: 80
KabutankF: 80
BoomerA: 60
BoomerB: 60
BoomerC: 60
BoomerD: 60
WindBoxA: 100
WindBoxB: 100

GMD: 50

============
BATTLE 9 FIGHT!!
============
<(I'm just gonna edit my post to include the second part of my post.)>

"Hey, its that Navi again!" 1001 called, pointing obviously at the crimson adversary.

"Way to go, Captain Obvious," Chris retorted, spotting him on his PET's holo-screen. "Wait a minute, I'm getting another data signal, other than a Navi signature or viral signatures. 1001, can you see anything other than viruses or that Navi?"

Waiting for the Navi to disappear, 1001 replied, "Well, just to let you know, he turned the entire area into what appears to be glass, and he's gone again. And secondly, yes, I do see something. Its pretty far away, but from what I can tell, its green, its floating, and revolving on the spot."

"Wait, can you repeat that? The part about the green thing?" Chris asked uncertainly.

"Okay, its green. Not dark green or lime green, just neutral green. Next, it appears to be floating, maybe a foot or two off the ground. Third, it's revolving on the spot," 1001 repeated.

"1001, I think we found ourselves a GMD," Chris breathed.

"A what?"

"A Green-Mystery-Data! They only appear in really deep sections of computers and the Internet, and there's supposed to be something really cool inside them! 1001, don't let it break," Chris explained. "Now, I'm sending you both ElecReels again. Use them well."

"Hang on a sec," 1001 turned to face Splashman, and asked him, "Splashman, you're the only one with defending chips out of the two of us. I know this is asking a bit much, but could you defend that GMD as best as you can? Only the Electricreels are pretty hard to control, and I could really easily break the thing by accident. I'll leave whatever's in the Mystery Data to you if you want, but it'd be a good idea to secure it before we start laying waste to these viruses. I'll provide cover fire if you'll do this, but if you don't, then we might as well break out our chips right now." He finished this with an apologetic little smile, and waited for his ally's answer.

<(Part 2)>

Hearing Splashman's answer, 1001 answered, "Okay, I'll take out the Windboxes first. Shouldn't be too hard; electricity isn't affected by wind." Hearing Sabrina's call to him, he called back, "Hey, that'd be a good idea for another .NMO file. Chris, did you catch that?"

"Yup, even though I already have your next one planned out. Either way, let's get zappin'!"

Smiling, 1001 rose into the air a ways, over the gust of the Windboxes, and giving him a good view of all the viruses. With a roaring battle cry, he summoned two absolutely massive, javelin-like lightning bolts, and clasped them in his six hands. The electricity numbed 1001's body, but he didn't let go of the bolts, writhing in his clenched hands like snakes. To add to his already divine appearance, a lavender aura that signaled his Streamline and Untapped Power started swirling around him like liquid turned to gas.

With a grunt of effort, 1001 heaved one of the jagged blue lightning bolts at the Windboxes. The ElecReel seemed to shriek in delight as it streaked towards its stationary targets. On contact with the ground, the bolt exploded, sending deadly EM waves in every direction, daring to touch another virus and send it into the void. A second later, 1001 chucked the other ElecReel, this one at the Kabutanks. A repeat performance took place, but this time the targets had permission to flee in terror of the powerful electricity. The massive electromagnetic signature lit the sight up like a huge beacon, and in the middle of it all was 1001, laughing his booming laugh in the light show.

*Streamline - +10 to all chips used this turn
*Untapped Power - +10 to second ElecReel

1. Rise above the Windbox's gusts

2. ElecReel1 to (mainly) Windboxes (100 to a group, +10 to something random, Windboxes are primary targets)

3. ElecReel1 to Kabutanks (100 to a group, +10 to something random, Kabutanks A, B, and C are primary targets)
(AUGH, TURN SPLICE, WE'RE ALL GOING TO-oh wait, that's not a bad thing, is it? Ahem...back to our originally scheduled post!)

Ah, nothing said hi like a bunch of tank, clothespin, and fan viruses. Also the whole transforming the ground into glass...thing. And yet, SplashMan managed to overlook all of this, and focus on the green data that was a bit out of the way. "Ooh...mystery data!"

"Of all the...oh, never mind, I'll just get mad if I say it..."

The Aqua Navi turned to provide a crash course on mystery data to his ally, only to find that he had been beaten to the punch. Still, he had the extra knowledge of experience. "I got mystery data once! It had some cash, but I bet your operator's right! There's gotta be more awesome stuff that can be in it!" And this was when the plan to preserve the data was formed. "Save the data? Right! I'm on it! But, on one condition! Try and take out the WindBoxes first! Some of my power chips can be affected by wind, ya know?" He raced over to the data of unknown origin and contents, and ducked, as though he was already using a Guard. "Don't worry, Sabrina'll get the Guard up in time! Right, Sabrina?"

The operator in question held a chip with a picture of a red Mettaur near the insertion slot of her PET, then glanced at her Navi with a smile. "Roger that! Don't worry about SplashMan or that data, you guys! It's safe with us! Now get to throwing lightning around like you're freakin' Thor or something!"

------------

(...*bleep*. Thanks for bumping, or else it'd probably be a good week before I realized what was going on. And now, the exciting conclusion to...MagicCereal's Post of Greatness! ...Hey, I don't see you coming up with a better name for it...)

SplashMan watched as the djinn Navi made his way above the battle scene, before realizing exactly what it meant. "Now, Sabrina!"

The operator that was mentioned gently pushed the chip into her PET's slot. Given her usual method, it was probably the first time she ever used a chip without slamming it in. "Guard2, in!"

The red shield appeared between SplashMan and the virus group, with the GMD at his back. Needless to say, he huddled behind the Guard2 as long as he could, especially with those ElecReels going off not too far from where he was. But alas, Guard was not a chip that lasted forever, and soon faded into obscurity. Whether it was due to sheer time, or if it was actually hit, was unknown to the Aqua Navi. "Well, that's that! Now for offense!"

"Right! And let's focus on the Boomers!"

The Navi looked at his operator, befuddled. "Why the Boomers?"

"Boomerangs return to their user, right? Well, a Boomer could fire one above you, then it could take a dive on the way back and nail both you and the mystery data from behind!"

"...I don't like any part of that..."

"I didn't think you would. Now, let's leave the data alone for a little bit. Get in a WideShot friendly position!"

"Roger!" SplashMan dashed as fast as he could, until it seemed that he was in a good position for that Aqua attack he was so familiar with. "Uhh...yeah, I think this is a good spot! Go ahead and send me WideShot now! As well as, uh, something else!"

"Already on it!" Sabrina held two chips in her hand; only one was inserted. "Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

The mode for the water attack was initiated, and the the Aqua Navi's arm became the mode of firing. He attempted to place his newly acquired gun in such a place that the ensuing attack would nail a trio of Boomers at once, and once he had felt he had done so, let loose the mighty WideShot towards the clothespin viruses. "Something to finish that last Boomer, please!"

"I don't think so! Get back in front of the mystery data! Then I'll give it to you!"

SplashMan wasted little time in scrambling to the location mentioned by his operator. "Okay, I'm back here! Now send me something!"

"Much better! All right, here!" The third chip of the round became expended for the battle. "Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

The wide water gun faded, and was replaced by a familiar blue cannon. It became pointed straight at the yet untargeted Boomer (at least by the user's calculations), and let out a single blast at it. "Another virus defeated!...I think. Let's do more defending of data now!" The Aqua Navi got down on one knee, in a surprisingly smooth move on his part, and awaited a certain something.

"Right! Just let me get it out...there!" The second chip with a picture of a Mettaur on it was used; however, it was the first one used with a Mettaur wearing a yellow helmet. "Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!" And an appropriately yellow shield appeared in front of SplashMan, to defend against any and one attack that might get fired. "Hmm...wonder what that data's got...you sure you can't analyze it real quick, SplashMan?"

"If I could, I wouldn't be having to defend it right now, would I?!"

"Wow...touche, mon Navi..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Guard2 chip attack (120-, Reflects an attack) (preferably to be done prior to 1001's fun with ElecReel)
2-WideShot chip attack on BoomerB, BoomerC, and BoomerD (80, Aqua) (preferably to be done AFTER 1001's fun with ElecReel)
3-Hi-Cannon chip attack on BoomerA (80)
4-Guard1 chip attack (60- Reflects an attack)]
<(I'm guessing that Magic hasn't seen that I ended my turn splice. Bump for Magic.)>
(a bump, to support awareness for the fact I realized it was my turn and edited my post to reflect that)
((Damn...I was going to electrocute all of you >_____> Smart boys...))

Binary's powerful storm of ElecReel instantly destroyed the targets. Splashman immediately connected the attack with Setting a guard up and shooting a Wideshot straight towards the Boomers. Unfortunately, Splashman slipped in the last minute and threw his aim off, making him only destroy one Boomer. The Hi-cannon hit directly and the two guards he set up were reflected and deleted the virii.

All because Binary and Splashman didn't tend to the GMD, the explosion and the boomerang thrown by the virii harshly DELETED THE GMD [No... Only damaged].

KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: DELETED
KabutankC: DELETED
KabutankD: DELETED
KabutankE: 80
KabutankF: 80
BoomerA: DELETED
BoomerB: 60
BoomerC: DELETED
BoomerD: 60
WindBoxA: DELETED
WindBoxB: DELETED

GMD: 15

"Aww!" SplashMan turned around, to see that the data of unknown contents had taken a severe beating. Granted, his carelessness didn't get it deleted, but still..."Stupid glass, making me slip!" He nearly stamped on the glass, but caught himself in time; foot + broken glass = pain.

"Ugh, that did NOT go the way I planned it..." Sabrina shook her head. "Sorry about that, everyone. I should've just made SplashMan stay there no matter what..."

"Kinda late for that! Come on, let's take out the rest of those Boomers! I know we can do it!" SplashMan extended his arm, in preparation for a gun-type chip, and glared angrily at the clothespin viruses. After all, they were sort of the reason they slipped. So if he deleted them, it would, in a way, be his revenge on the glass. It was almost TOO convenient a reasoning...

"...Right. ...Okay, I dare the glass to screw this one up!" The young woman pulled a pair of identical chips and inserted them. "Battlechip, MarkCannon! Double slot in!"

The cannon formed on the extended arm, and emitted its usual cursor. The Aqua Navi attempted to aim it directly onto one of the Boomers that were lucky enough to not get deleted by WideShot, then, when he felt such had occured...BOOM! One MarkCannon shot expended. "Just one more..." A new cursor appeared, and soon made its way towards the final of the boomerang tossers. Once it appeared to be on with the virus, the second attack was fired. "That still gives me a headache when I use it...!"

"Sheesh, I get the point already! Just...make sure you're between the mystery data and the Catacks, got it?"

SplashMan cautiously followed his operator's orders, to avoid slippage, then ducked. Not quite enough to where his body wasn't blocking the data, but enough for a certain defensive chip to cover every last inch of his body. "Ready for part 2!"

A chip of Mettaur were inserted into the PET the instant it was known the Navi was prepared for them. Specifically, a red chip of Mettaur. "Battlechip, Guard2! Slot in!" The red shield appeared in front of the ducked Aqua Navi, ready to do its thing if needed.

[Order of Turn:
1-MarkCannon1 chip attack on BoomerD (70, can lock on)
2-MarkCannon1 chip attack on BoomerB (70, can lock on)
3-Repositioning for optimal GMD blockage
4-Guard2 chip attack (120-, reflects an attack)]
<(Bejabbers, sorry for posting so late. Also, short posts FTL)>

It all happened in a few seconds. 1001 burned several sections of the glassy ground with the amount of raw electricity, Splashman had slipped and almost missed his attacks, and a Kabutank's bomb and a Boomer's boomerang flew into the GMD, leaving it spiderwebbed in cracks.

"Damn, that data's nearly gone," 1001 said to himself.

"Well, look at it this way. The storm you generated, plus Splashman's attacks, basically decimated everything," Chris said fairly. "Either way, I'm going to send you the Sword. Do the best you can to kill those Tanks, then help Splashman defend the Mystery Data," Chris explained.

"But we have no defending chips! How could we defend it?" 1001 argued.

"I dunno, use your body as a meat shield or something. I mean, you take up quite a bit of space, no offense or anything. That's just how I programmed your appearance."

"...Fine, but if I get hit a lot, then its your fault," 1001 concluded.

"Good. Now, get dicing, 1001," Chris added, sending the Sword.

Expecting the traditional six scimitars, 1001 was again pleased as the sextet of blades appeared in his hands. Looking in Splashman's direction, he noticed that he was going after the Boomers, leaving him with the Kabutanks. The Sword, he noticed, would be enough for such a thing. So, he got to work readying his dicing, as Chris had put it.

The glass seemed to make it hard to even float; maybe it did something to the air around it. Either way, 1001 managed to get in front of the nearest Kabutank fairly easily. A smile crept into his face, but didn't reach his many, many eyes.

He started whirling his blades with the speed of a giant blender set to Dice. If this worked out, then the Kabutank would be leaving the area in finely chopped cubes. If it didn't work out, then he was in perfect range to get his face blasted off, which he didn't really want that much. What he did want was several paper bags to stuff the remains of what he was doing into.

Deciding that his target was chopped up enough; 1001 couldn't see the results through the battle pose he'd struck afterwards, and was already on the move for the second one anyway.

Doing a quick backwards loop to kill his momentum, 1001 arrived at the destination of his adversary. Sword chip at the ready, he turned on the blender again, sending his arms flying in every direction, trying to reach every bit of the Kabutank he could get at. Abruptly stopping, 1001 remembered Chris' last bit, "I dunno, use your body as a meat shield or something." He didn't really like the idea one little bit, but he wanted that data. Of course, he would share it with Splashman. Really.

Dashing over to Splashman, who was now holding his position with a reddish Guard shield, defending the Mystery Data. "Good job defending this," 1001 started. "Hang on, let me help." Grounding himself, he spread his arms wide in an attempt to cover as much area in front of the Mystery Data as possible.

1. Sword to KabutankE (80)

2. Sword to KabutankF (80)

3. Meat-shield GMD
Nyar. You win.
And the mystery data is alive, too!

KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: DELETED
KabutankC: DELETED
KabutankD: DELETED
KabutankE: DELETED
KabutankF: DELETED
BoomerA: DELETED
BoomerB: DELETED
BoomerC: DELETED
BoomerD: DELETED
WindBoxA: DELETED
WindBoxB: DELETED

GMD: 15

-FLAWLESS VICTORY!-
Prizes:
Splashman: 400z, Wind
Binary: 400z, Boomerang

GMD: 500z each
"Phew, that was pretty tough," 1001 said, wiping his sweaty brow.

"Well, don't look now, but I think you've reached the heart of the infection," Chris cut in. Indeed, the Net was now a sickly purple, signifying that this computer had gotten it pretty rough.

"Umm, uhh, ugh," was all that 1001 could manage. Then he copped a whiff of the smell coming from the Net. Doubling over, about to retch, 1001 reminds himself that he doesn't have anything to upchuck. Straightening up, 1001 deactivated his sense of smell programs; they'd only become a bother, and collected some of what was in the GMD. Turns out it was only zenny. Still, it was better than nothing. He also took more zenny dropped from the viruses, as well as some data the Boomers had left behind, leaving the other half of the remains for Splashman to collect.

Upon finishing, 1001 attempted to joke, "Well, Splashman, hold your nose; we're goin' in." He finished by drifting off, one baseball mitt-sized hand pinching his nose; and his cheeks puffed out. To top it off, he used his other five arms to 'swim' through the air in a midair breaststroke.

<(BATTLE 10. BOOYAKA, BAYBAY!)>

"Yay, we won! And the data survived, too!" SplashMan deactivated the shield in front of him, and raised his fists in victory. "So, uh, why is the Net all purple? It's really gross..."

"That's what we're here for, isn't it? Now go get some data and move on! Something's about to happen...I know it!"

"Yeah, yeah!" The Aqua Navi went over to what was now half the remaining data, and sent it over to his operator's PET. "Let's see...aww, the GMD only had cash! Better than the last one we found, though! Oh, and there was chip data in with the regular data! Didn't recognize the signature, so it's probably a new one!"

Sabrina blinked as a picture of a WindBox appeared on the screen. "That would be...Wind. It basically summons a WindBox on our side. Hooray?"

"Why's that so bad?"

"...Eh, I guess we'll figure something out for it. Not like we don't have room for it or something." She removed the new Wind chip from her PET, then a Recover10 from her folder, and traded with herself. "Not like we need those Recover10 chips anymore..." The instant fan was placed in the folder, whereas the weak healer was placed in an alternate side pocket. "Yep, now we can blow things to death. Fantastic."

"I still don't think that's a bad thing! And now I'm going in!" SplashMan started to walk on, but managed to catch wind of 1001's joke. "I thought I told you, I don't have a nose! And I'm really glad I don't, the way the Net's looking right now!" He continued along next to the djinn Navi, wishing desperately he could also float. Any goop that might wind up on his boots would probably be all sticky and wouldn't wash off easily...

(Battle #10...the sheer double-digit quality of it all...)
(Purple net? Well, you asked for it... >: D)

As Splashman and Binary continue further, the net around them become hopelessly corrupted. Every other panel is glitched, and shadows flit among the dispersing data of programs self-deleting from total system failure.
But then, three of the beasts that lived there chose to come and interrupt their leisurely tour of this broken area.

Terrain: Every other tile of the area is corrupted, spewing dark data everywhere. The others remain uncorrupted, but how long can that last among glitches this severe?
(Percentages: 45% Glitched Panels, 55% Normal Panels)

CorruptedMet: 400 HP
CorruptedBunny: 500 HP
CorruptedSpikey: 900 HP

Splashman: 140 HP
Binary: 70 HP

(Don't worry. They're not AS tough as they look.)