Supercomputer investigation

"...Hey, what kind of panels are those?" SplashMan looked down and stared at the purpleness. "Yeah...don't think I'm gonna step on those!"

"Sounds like someone hasn't been paying attention to the Net lately. Oh well, can't say I blame you for not wanting to get on those weird panels."

"So, who do we target first?"

"What?"

"Those viruses just ahead. Who should we blast first?"

"Oh, those...it's a Mettaur, Spikey, and Bunny. You really think they..." At this point, their HP totals appeared on the PET screen, and caught Sabrina's attention. "...What the...400, 500, and 900 HP? What's with those things?"

"I dunno, but I don't really wanna have to face them any longer than I have to..."

"Uh...all right, let's take out the Bunny first! Chris has some Wood chips, so we can probably team up and take it out before it can attack! That okay by you?" The young woman turned and smiled sweetly as Chris, as though she had just suggested eating raw salt. Without waiting for an answer, she turned back to her Navi. "Right, let's get started!"

"But he didn't say anything..."

Ignoring her Navi, Sabrina pulled out a pair of identical chips, and placed them into her PET. "Let's go, SplashMan! Battlechip, MarkCannon! Double slot in!"

"Well, too late to stop her now!" Shrugging off his operator's sudden and complete disregard for other people's opinions, the Aqua Navi's arm gained a green color and a cannon-like shape to it. "Initiating cursor!" The crosshairs appeared on the ground, and made their way towards the unusual Elec virus. Soon, it seemed that they were directly beneath the Bunny; the sign of a good aim. Once he was aware of this, SplashMan let loose a pair of shots towards it.

"Oh sure, be all quiet and don't make any of your comments. The silent treatment's getting kinda annoying, you know. It just doesn't fit you!" The young woman placed another chip into the appropriate slot; this one undoubtedly fit the Navi. "But this chip fits you perfectly! Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

The cannon faded, replaced by a strange gun that almost looked like it should be spitting out frisbees instead of water. "So, I can't be quiet to focus more? Why not?...Never mind, I have to be quiet and focus so I can nail everything with this!" The would-be disc launcher was trained at the very middle of the virus group, in the hope that was the best position to hit them all. A sound of rushing water could be heard coming from inside of it for a moment, before a wave of the stuff emerged, and made its way towards the Mettaur, Bunny, and Spikey. "Insert comment here!"

"...I'd say something, but I'm going to go with my better judgement and not..." Sabrina rolled her eyes over to her folder, and pulled out a chip of a Mettaur with a red and blue helmet. "Can't be too careful with these guys when we don't know how powerful they can be, so here's the best defense we've got! Battlechip, Guard2! Slot in!"

The red shield appeared in front of SplashMan, who hunkered down behind it, without moving his feet. "I wonder what's wrong with those viruses? Maybe they stepped on the weird panels..."

"Yeah...be careful with that! I don't want you getting all screwed up from them..."

"Neither do I!"

[Order of Turn:
1-MarkCannon1 chip attack on CorruptedBunny (70, can lock on)
2-MarkCannon1 chip attack on CorruptedBunny (70, can lock on)
3-WideShot chip attack on CorruptedMet, CorruptedBunny, and CorruptedSpikey (80, Aqua)
4-Guard2 chip attack (120-, reflects one attack)]
<(Gentlemen, behold. I have decided to post after about 21 days. Rejoice.)>

"What?" Chris squawked indignantly, hearing Sabrina's jab at the glitched panels. "This computer was hit by an infection that managed to evade our security and slip through its firewalls. You think we don't take care of out supercomputers here at SciLabs?"

"Umm, Chris? Not to interrupt your speech, but I think we've got a problem here," 1001 said uncertainly.

"A Met, a Spiky, and a Bunny? That's a problem? Or are you just concerned that Splashman will catch a hit from that Bunny?" Chris asked, not that subtly.

"Not what I'm talking about, idiot. Look at their HP totals!" 1001 exclaimed.

Chris tapped the floating hologram in front of him a couple times to analyze the trio of viruses, then made a sound that sounded something like, "Ka-bwag?" Then, he cleared his throat, and continued, "Okay, judging by all the purple ground spread around this place, I think its safe to assume that all three of them are glitched. At the very least, they all have HP bugs, since all of them have stamina ten times the normal amount for their breed of virus."

"Way to go, Captain Obvious. Now, pipe down and listen to what Sabrina's saying," 1001 said, rather annoyed.

Nodding, Chris listened to Sabrina; his inner self raising an eyebrow at the sugary smile his teammate had put on while asking him to help delete the Bunny. Waving his inner self away, he answered, "Sure, and while I'm at it, I might as well hit the other two as well." Turning to 1001, Chris said, "I'm sending you the Cornshot and that new Boomerang chip we got last fight. Mainly target that Bunny, but try to hit the other two as well. I'll leave the rest up to you."

Nodding, 1001 accepted the chips, letting the extra data make itself at home in the vast amount of empty memory he still had. After all, 10 yottabytes was pretty hard to fill in a hurry.

He first decided to pull out the Cornshot that he'd become rather familiar with. Feeling the chip's power distribute itself among his eyes, he smiled, imagining a scene involving a chibified him and Splashman obliterating a trio of stick-figure viruses. "Heh, we've already beaten a Metool swarm, why can't we beat these guys?" 1001 thought, rising up into the air slightly.

His eyes opened, and 1001 unleashed his payload of 1001 yellow laser bullets swirling into the air, whizzing around him. They were about to shoot when 1001 suddenly cursed. "Damn it, I forgot to power the Cornshot up!" He'd finished shouting that when the little corn kernels had shot off. He'd have to improvise. Quickly, he activated his Untapped Power and Streamline, but this time, he wasn't making an aura. Rather; his eyes all turned lavender, and immediately fired off a hailstorm of lavender bullets to accompany the Cornshots on their journey towards the Bunny. Thinking for a second, 1001 gave about half of them a small tweak with his mind, and the half he'd gotten control of suddenly switched directions and headed towards the hopelessly glitched-beyond-repair Metool.

The lavender and yellow blasts together pounded the glitched terrain and almost everything standing on it, minus the Spiky, who he hadn't sent any corn bullets at, and him and Splashman, obviously. 1001 didn't see what hit and what didn't, because he was focused on the Boomerang data he'd been issued by Chris. It was more or less three scimitars, all hooked together at the hilts. Shrugging, he threw it with all his might, a bit of lavender data from the eyes on his hand still clinging to it. He'd thrown it so it went past all the virii, but then once it started coming back, 1001 started to move. Chris had programmed it so it would come right back to 1001, and he'd made sure 1001 would know as soon as he touched the Boomerang. So, he tried to angle it so it would go through all three of the viruses before it came back to him.

The Boomerang, having hit the three viruses or not, still came back to 1001 after completing its return trip, where it disintigrated upon contact with his hand. 1001 took this as his cue to dodge like the wind, so he did. Weaving this way and that, overtop as many normal panels as he could without moving over any glitched panels, 1001 took flight. Only, you know, just figuratively. I mean, he'd have to be Wind-type to fly and all.

*Streamline - +10 to all chips used this turn, 2-turn CD
*Untapped Power - +10 to Cornshot1

1. Cornshot1 to GlitchedBunny and GlitchedMetool (60 to Met, 120 to Bunny)

2. Boomerang to GlitchedMetool, GlitchedBunny, and GlitchedSpiky (60 to all, +10 to something random, x2 to GlitchedBunny)

3. Dodge like the wind!
The viruses are torn into by the attacks, taking what seems to be double damage from EVERYTHING. The Bunny gets blasted by one markcannon and the wideshot, but dodges the boomerang and second markcannon. Getting blasted by the Wideshot, the spikey manages to dodge the... er... ALMOST manages to dodge the boomerang. The met just kind of retreats into its helmet, only getting hit by the cornshot when it peeks out.

CorruptedMet: 280 HP
CorruptedBunny: 200 HP
CorruptedSpikey: 460 HP

Splashman: 140 HP
Binary: 70 HP
SplashMan looked on as the viruses took their licks. And apparently they were allergic to saliva. "Huh? Is it just me, or did our attacks do more than normal?"

Sabrina, however, had more 'pressing' matters. "Hey! WideShot changed colors! Now it's all blue! What's up with that?!"

"Oh, I heard something about that earlier! But long story short, our WideShot's not going to be as powerful now, because of that..."

"..." She stared at the chip, trying to fathom what her Navi had said about it. "...You've gotta be kidding me..."

"Cheer up, Sabrina! We've got other ways to make viruses bite the dust! Sure, we use WideShot a lot, but we can live with it being a little weaker!"

"I guess you're right...but still, the NetPolice or some other offical people could've given us a heads-up first!" The young woman pulled out two identical chips, but looked at them for a moment. "Let's just hope WideShot's the only one like that..."

"Well, I heard other chips were like that. But don't worry, WideShot's the only one we have that got a downgrade!"

"I hope you're right..." Sabrina slammed the chips into her PET, still not very pleased about WideShot's color change. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

The blue blaster took form on the Navi's right arm, who looked it over. "Now, if Shotgun got a power reduction, we'd be in trouble!" The Aqua Navi aimed it at his elemental weakness, the Bunny of mass HP, attempting to get a good shot on it. Once his aim steadied, a pair of yellow blaster shots were fired at the Elec virus, which hopefully would settle that once and for all. "Yep, Shotgun getting weaker would be a big pain!"

"If they ever did that, I'd go to whoever's in charge of that stuff, and smack them around with a piece of my mind!" The operator clenched her free hand into a fist, and tightened the other around her PET. "Might as well get that Bunny down as much as we can. Just hit it with your cannons!"

"...I don't think she paid attention earlier..." SplashMan sighed, then turned towards the strange Spikey, in a blatant, yet intelligent, disobeying of his operator's orders. "Time to put some water pressure into this battle! Water Splash!" The twin cannons on the Navi's back erupted with the liquid of the attack's name, arcing in the air before crashing down in the vicinity of the flame dog. "I don't get to do that attack more often! It almost felt like my left cannon was going to jam!"

"Which would serve you right, because I told you to attack the Bunny!...Whatever...not in a good mood right now...here, just duck behind this for now." The chip of Mettaur became the latest victim of the battle, being sacrificed for the remainder of the battle for its use. "Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!"

The yellow and green shield appeared in front of the Aqua Navi, who quickly ducked behind it. "Nope, she didn't pay attention earlier at all..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on CorruptedBunny (50, may hit another virus)
2-Shotgun chip attack on CorruptedBunny (50, may hit another virus)
3-Water Splash sig attack on CorruptedSpikey (70, Aqua)
4-Guard1 chip attack (60-, Reflects an attack)]
<(My rping is phail. Then again, so's my time between posts.)>

"Chris, chips would be great about now, please," 1001 muttered impatiently.

"Right, right. Anyway, I'm going to give you one of our ElectricReels, and the DoubleBeam. Throw that around to make sure that Bunny dies, plus that DoubleBeam might heal you. Either that or it'll damage the Met and the Spiky," Chris said, slotting in the two Electric chips.

1001 nodded, then was sent the data for the two chips. Instantly locating the two small files that held the power of the chips in the vast emptiness of his memory storage, 1001 chose the ElecReel and smiled. This was going to be fun.

The now-familiar surge of electricity rumbled through 1001's body as he gently rose into the air, his many targeting systems all sighting the hopelessly corrupted Bunny. It was time to put the damn thing out of its misery with a taste of its own medicine.

A crackle of blue lightning under one closed eyelid told 1001 that it was time to fire, so he did. The thunderstorm arced around him as usual, collecting in his favorite eye. While he was still storing the electricity, 1001, bored of the old move, decided to ask Chris something he'd been wondering. "Chris, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what is it?" Chris replied, frowning in mild confusion.

"What gender am I supposed to be in my default form?" 1001 queried innocently.

"Wha'?" Chris quirked an eyebrow. What the hell was his Navi thinking? "Where exactly did this come from?" Chris asked his Navi.

"Well, I'm getting kind of bored of using the same move every single time, so I let my mind wander, and I found that that was a matter of my creation that confused me," 1001 explained. Then he remembered, the lightning was still there. 1001 hurriedly targeted the Bunny and fired off the electricity; the deadly lightning crashing through the air at insane speeds. Upon collision with whatever it was (it was really damn bright), a large explosion took place, sending waves of electromagnetic data flying everywhere. 1001 sighed; been there, done that.

"Umm, okay then," was all that Chris could say. He desperately wished that his Navi would change his mind and not want to hear. This sort of thing would sound incredibly awkward and embarrassing if he said it wrong. "Well, I didn't exactly give you a gender," he admitted awkwardly.

"You mean to say that you made me a shemale?" 1001 said. If he had had eyebrows, he would have quirked one on the spot.

"No no no no!" Chris replied, shaking his head. "I mean to say that you have no gender at all; neither male, female, or both," he said. Feeling the stares of a few people on his back, he said, "I just thought it would fit with your purpose. I created you with the intention of being a full-on research Navi. While I still wanted to make my own Navi, I still didn't really see why I had to apply a gender to you. So, while I was coding your appearance, I just left out the lines that would normally imply that you are of one sex or another. Plus, I'd say it goes with the appearance I gave you, don't you think?" he said. He felt rather shrunken after saying all this.

1001 wanted to get him to elaborate on the story of his creation, but kept ihs mouth shut. After all, there was a virus battle going on. So he quietly extracted the DBLBeam from the vast void of his memory storage. Opening his eyes, which were now purple, he fired off a full 1001 rounds of purple laser into the air. The lasers stayed purple as they ascended, then split into red and blue when they stopped in midair and began their descents. The red lasers were aiming for the virus crowd, while the blue ones were headed for Splashman and himself. He knew that one colour would have to go for the other to complete its trip down, so he waited until the colourful shots of data collided with the ground; he didn't feel anything if the blue had gotten him, and then shot off to the side. Past self-deleting Mr. Progs, glitch-eaten walls, 1001 glided circles around the opposition, never stopping.

1. ElecReel1 to all, GlitchedBunny is primary target (100 to all)

2. DBLBeam (30 damage to the three viruses or 30 heal to Splashman and 1001

3. Dodge circles around viruses
Tearing through the viruses, the two navis make quick work. The Spikey lets out a howl as it goes down, corrupting the panels underneath the navis feet for a moment before the entire purple area returns to normal. The split second was enough, however, and both navis feel tendrils of corruption spread through their feet slightly. For 1001, it's a numbing effect. For Splashman, they feel as if nails are being driven into them. And it doesn't look like it's going away for a little while...

CorruptedMet: DELETED
CorruptedBunny: DELETED
CorruptedSpikey: DELETED

Splashman: 140 HP <Pained feet! 5 damage to self for each dodge the first turn of next battle!>
Binary: 70 HP <Numb Feet! -1 action the first turn of next battle!>

-Victory?-
Prizes:
Splashman: 500z, Zapring1
Binary: 500z, Guard1
"Gah!" 1001 exclaimed, trying to rip up from the ground, which had just shot a multitude of small purple tendrils out of it, hoping to drag himself down into it. Thankfully, he increased in altitude, and broke away, but not before being slightly buzzed by one of them.

"1001, you okay?" Chris asked carefully.

"I'll be okay. My feet feel like they've both been stuck through live wires, they're so numb, and most of the eyes on my legs have gone out," 1001 explained, running a quick self-check of himself. "Although the way things are going, I might not be able to move for a bit in this form. You wouldn't happen to have finished repairing my original body, would you?" he asked his Operator.

"Matter of fact, I have. Swap back to your normal form, then go and wipe the infection from the core," Chris commanded.

1001 turned to Splashman, and said, "You realize that after this, I'm gonna be a lot louder, a lot more emotionless, and generally more of a pain to listen to. I hope that's all right with you. Although I'll refrain from doing that screech." And with that, he swapped from his fancy djinn .GMO and back into his normal form. He felt himself being boiled back down to the absolute essentials. His optics felt hopelessly primitive compared to the 1001 eyes of the genie, but he didn't complain, or couldn't, for that matter.

"How are you feeling, Binary?" Chris asked.

"RUNNING AT APPROXIMATELY 60%!" the Navi shouted in his loud, robotic monotone.

"Only 60%? Man, either we really need to get you some additional HP Memories or you got hit a little more often than I saw," Chris said, a bit confused. "Anyway, Binary, get to the center of this mess and refresh the system!"

"AFFIRMATIVE!" And with that, Binary transformed his lower body into a pair of tank treads and rolled to a spot in the system. There was a screen poking out of the ground there, and messages in red were constantly flashing across it. Some blood red flames were burning on top of the system checker, like some cruel prank.

Binary extended an arm, and it began to transform; losing the hand entirely, lengthening and becoming skinnier until it was a single large tentacle. He guided the tip into a crack in the screen, then called, "REQUESTING ANTIVIRUS DATA!"

"Right, right. Now where are those chips?" he mumbled to himself. He took another small folder from his belt; this one smaller than his chip folder, but with more chips. He puled out a small white one and sent it into the PET, saying, "Its sent."

A flash of blue came from Binary's head, and stayed there. It slowly travelled from the head into the arm, where the blue glow entered the system. Slowly, the fire on the top faded away, the lights went green, and the corruption of the Net faded away completely. The walls and floor went from yellow and purple back to gleaming silver, and the computer was cleansed.

Chris then turned to Sabrina. "The remaining viruses will eventually self-delete from the antivirus I shot through the Net, but if you want to keep going through to the far side of the computer Network and keep busting them, that's fine with me. Either way, its your choice," he said.

<(Waiting for MagicCereal's response on if we want to keep busting or not.)>
"Well, that was ea-OW!" SplashMan's feet suddenly were attacked...by purple. Yeah. Purple.

"Eaow? What kind of a stupid made-up word is that?"

"It's not that! Something weird just happened with the panel I was on it, and now it feels like I'm standing on spikes or something!" The Aqua Navi bent down and looked at his feet. They looked like they always did, but it sure didn't feel like it..."But it's okay, I'll manage! I don't think it should last too long!" At this point, the announcement of transformation was made. "Okay! Just don't make that noise again, or I might wind up asking for a Sword chip!" He closed his eyes in a way that made it obvious he was joking. (Ya know, like '^^' or something like that)

And so, SplashMan once more became the most sophisticated frame in the area. A somewhat sad feat. Speaking of which, his feet were killing him, so while Binary tended to the computer, he sat down and rubbed them a little. Didn't help any, though. "I hope this goes away soon...oh yeah! Sabrina, there was chip data left over from that last battle! I sent it over, if you didn't know!"

"You what?" At this point, the young woman realized a message was on her PET's screen. "Well, this is perfect. My Navi's feet are killing him, and I'm apparently an idiot. Awesome." With a sigh, she inserted a blank chip into the top slot, pressed a button, and removed the chip with one hand. "A ZapRing, huh? Oh well, I guess it's better if we have too many chips than too few, right?" And into the side pocket it went.

"Right!" The Aqua Navi reluctantly stood up, not really caring to walk on feet that felt like a Lance chip had gone through them. However, it did make it a little easier to notice the Net had returned to normal, now that he wasn't staring at his boots. "Hooray! Everything's back to normal!...Except my feet..."

"Glad to hear it!" Sabrina then realized that the person standing next to her was speaking, so she turned to listen. He was asking if she was done virus busting? Was he serious? "Hey, it'd almost feel like a waste to get this far without checking it out more! I'm still up for it if you guys are!"

"Me too! I've never felt better! Well, aside from that one time...and that one...and since my feet are killing me, I probably felt better then too...but I'm all set! Just say the word, and I'll move on!"

"And there you have it! Besides, I still don't have enough cash to get all the upgrades I want for SplashMan, if you can believe it or not!" She quickly glanced at her zenny total. "...Which is kinda sad, because the guy running that shop apparently thinks people like me are made of money..."

(if there are no objections, I say a Battle #11 is a fine idea)
"Okay, that's fine by me. Plus, Binary isn't as used to using the ElectricReels and other Battlechips as 1001. It'll be good practice," Chris said, smiling.

"AFFIRMATIVE! MULTIPLE FIREARM DOCKS ABSENT!" Binary shouted, adding his two cents in.

"What he means is that he doesn't have the 1001 eyes to launch attacks from. You see, launching a ton of small attacks is a lot easier on any Navi, even for you, Splashman, than firing a few big ones. That's why Binary blew himself up in the first place; he fired the whole ElectricReel at once, and you saw the consequences.

Binary, with his rudimentary hearing/echolocation radars, heard Splashman's complaining. He decided to let him know that he didn't have it any easier than him. "MINOR IMPEDIMENT APPLIED TO MOTION PROGRAMS! MOTION NOW INHIBITED! UNKNOWN TIME REQUIRED TO EXPIRE!" he called, again too loud.

"Translated into English, he was complaining about a movement glitch, and he doesn't know how long it's going to take for the bug to fade away. I'm guessing that I'm gonna have to translate him a lot now," Chris translated. "Anyway, Binary, Splashman, I guess we should get going if we're gonna keep busting," he continued.

Binary stayed with the tank treads, and started rolling deeper, towards the far side of the computer's Net.

<(BATTLE 11, YARR!)>
It... eh... Binary... uh.
Meh. Suddenly, the ground springs to life around them, pillars rising everywhere. Suspended roughly 20 feet above what used to be the floor, Splashman and Binary see several beefed-up flying viruses circling their position. Spiked boomers, four fisted champus, and one strange-figured navi in the far distance. As it approaches, it becomes clear just what it is. A heelnavi is riding a virus, in the distance, which appears to be no more than a massive Elecogre. Gripping the sparking horns for support, this foe appears to be a nasty piece of work. And the new terrain is just making things worse.

Boomer?A: 100 HP
Champu?A: 90 HP
OgreRider: 350 HP

Splashman: 140 HP <Pained feet! 5 damage to self for each dodge!>
Binary: 70 HP <Numb Feet! -1 action!>

Terrain: A roughly 10-foot wide circular platform is the only area the navis have to walk, with chasms of unknown depths having formed around their positions. All enemies are over the holes surrounding the navis. (Percentages: 25% Normal, 75% Hole)

-BATTLE 11! WAI HARDER NAO, FOOLS! FIGHT!-
"...That's a long fall down..." SplashMan had wandered over towards the edge and peered over it; he wished he hadn't. "Not even any water or anything at the bottom...gulp..."

"That's all fine and good, but you need to worry about what's up! I'll worry about what's down! Got it?"

"Uh, okay..." The Aqua Navi backed up a couple of feet, not wanting an accidental slip to occur. It almost made him wish his feet actually had nails in them instead of just feeling the part. Almost. "So...Boomer, Champy, and, uh, some guy on an ElecOgre. What should we do?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"...Not really..."

*smack* The sound of a hand hitting a forehead could be heard loud and clear throughout the room. "Yeah, because it's not like we don't always lead off with the exact same chip. And especially not WideShot. We never, EVER use that."

"Oh, right! I get it now! Send it over!"

"Well, better late than never..." Slightly relieved that her Navi picked up her sarcasm (but only slightly), Sabrina grabbed the all-too-familar chip of a ray-like virus from the front of her folder, and placed it into her PET. Well, maybe not quite as familiar now, as the ray was now blue as opposed to the gray it once was. "Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

SplashMan raised his arm and gazed at it as it transformed into a cream-colored, wide-mouthed water gun. "It worked! Now, let's see...oh, I know what I should shoot at!" He aimed it at the boomerang viruses. "Firing in 3...2...1..."

"Are you serious?!"

"Nope!" The Aqua Navi would've grinned if he had a mouth, but instead adjusted his aim so that the wave was directed at the fire boxers. "Okay, now for the real thing!" The gun gurgled with water for a moment, before releasing a mighty blast at the trio of Champy, capable of soaking even the hottest flame. Still, it looked slightly less mighty than it had in the past..."Nope, that's just not the same WideShot as before!"

"...Well, I guess the joke's on me that time..." The young woman smiled embarassedly, not particually used to her Navi pulling a fast one on her like that. "But yeah, WideShot didn't look like itself...oh well, it can still get the job done! Now, let's see, who should we attack next...guess we should worry about that Navi riding the Elec virus that could probably fry you in record time. He has a lot of HP, so let's get it down to where Chris and Binary can finish things!" Two identical chips of green and gray cannons emitting yellow cursors were hastily searched for and found, then inserted very uncerimoniously. "Battlechip, MarkCannon! Double slot-in!"

The water gun faded, and became replace with the same type of cannon as the one shown on the chip. "Got it! But, doesn't the cursor move along the ground?"

"We've hit mid-air enemies with it before. So I imagine it can detect if something's in the air or not!"

"Good point!" The cursor was emitted, and traveled over thin air towards the HeelNavi. Once it seemed like it was directly under, a pair of booms could be heard as the shots were fired. "That's enough offense for me! How about a Guard or something so I can take a hit? I don't like the looks of that really big ElecOgre..."

"All right, keep your shirt on! Or armor...whatever." A chip with a red Mettaur on it became the latest victim of the black hole known as the PET's insertion slot. "Battlechip, Guard2! Slot in!"

The red and blue shield appeared in front of SplashMan, who ducked behind it without hesitation. "It's up to you, Binary! Take out that Navi! I know you can do it, but just be sure to nail him! I don't want him coming around to this side and taking me out in one hit..."

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot1 chip attack on Champu?A, Champu?B, and Champu?C (60, Aqua)
2-MarkCannon1 chip attack on OgreRider (70, can lock on)
3-MarkCannon1 chip attack on OgreRider (70, can lock on)
4-Guard2 chip attack (120-, Reflects one attack)]
Binary would have yelled in surprise at being lifted off the ground to about 20 feet, while watching the ground around that disappear, but he couldn't. All he could do was shout, "UNKNOWN CIRCUMSTANCES!"

"He's asking what the hell is going on, and for once, I'm clueless," Chris translated, confusion shown on his face. What was going on? Binary had cleansed the infection, hadn't he?

"UNKNOWN INTRUDERS APPROXIMATELY 50 NAVIMETERS AWAY, TRAVELLING IN V-FORMATION @ 60 KM/H!" Binary relayed, spotting the, well, unknown intruders headed for them.

"Huh?" Chris asked dumbly. "How long until they arrive?"

"EXACTLY 0.0000000000003212312 SECONDS!"

"..."

Chris took the time to examine their adversaries. Then he realized that all six of the viruses were mutated in some way. Boomers with spikes all over them? Champus with four firey fists? And what exactly was that HeelNavi riding? Chris decided to screw chacking them more thoroughly for the time being, and said, "Well, we've got a problem on our hands, obviously. We can easily take care of those three Boomers and Splashman can Wideshot the Champus away, but that HeelNavi on the giant ElectricOgre could cause a few problems, especially for Splashman. Not to mention we only have about 10 feet of space to move around in."

"CHIPS REQUIRED!" Binary called, interrupting Chris.

"Okay, here's an ElectricReel. Take care of the Boomers, then I'll give you the next one afterwards to start attacking the enemy Navi and its steed," Chris said, slotting in the ever-reliable chip.

Binary readied the ElecReel chip, letting the chip's immense power spread throughout his body. He then shouted, "ADDING ADDITIONAL FIREARM DOCKS!" His body then underwent a huge transformation. Hs lower torso stayed rooted to the ground, but lengthened and thinned so he was then well over 10 feet fall. His arms and head slowly started to retract back into his gooey, variable-filled body, wihle hundreds of small bumps appeared all over him. Once Binary's head and arms had completely disappeared, the bumps burst, revealing a mass of electrified, writhing tentacles. He ended up looking like either some twisted, deformed sea anenome, or a Japanese schoolgirl's worst nightmare.

"Binary, hate to interrupt, but that just looks plain scary," Chris commented, watching the thing Binary had become.

Binary said nothing, but instead stuck all his new tentacles straight out from his tall, deformed body, ending up looking like a giant spikeball on a flexible stick. A slight 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm' could be heard as he charged the ElecReel's power, letting all of it enter his many, many new appendages. For a moment, he was glowing like an extremely blue sun, then he fired.

Every tentacle he'd created had acted like a souped up lightning rod, sending bolts of blue electricity crashing in every direction. Then, the electricity changed direction in midair as it had always done, and gone straight for the three mutated Boomers. The very air on the Net seemed to crackle with electricity as it converged on one spot; the spot the Boomers were in, and exploded, sending a giant wave of smoke obscuring the Boomers from being deleted.

"That should take care of them. I'll send you the second ElectricReel right no-," Chris said, before checking the ElecReel's bio with the PET. "What the hell? ElectricReel's gotten weaker than it was before!" he shouted, cringing. If their two powerhouse chips had gotten downgraded, then this had just gotten a whole lot harder.

"CHIPS REQUIRED!" Binary shouted. Where he shouted from was unknown, though, as he was still in his tentacle monster/anenome/schoolgirl's nightmare form and lacked a head to speak with.

"Oh, right. Well, I'll send you a DoubleBeam. If its red, the Boomers die anyway. If its blue, you'll finally get some of that damage on you healed," Chris said, slotting in the chosen chip. Of destiny.

Binary silently accepted the chip, then got to work expanding the data to fill his many tentacles with electricity. This time, however, it was a red and blue swirl pattern inside Binary instead of yellow like the ElecReel or purple like when 1001 used the DBLBeam.

This time, the fireoff was much more anticlimatic, but more colourful. The mosh of red and blue soared high into the air, then arced down and knifed towards the ground, where Binary was already shrinking back to normal. The tentacles retracted into ihs body, arms and a head grew back, and he lowered himself back to his normal height of just taller than an average NormalNavi.

"Now, Binary, I'm sending you that new Guard chip we got in that last fight. Use it to cover Splashman's unprotected side," Chris explained, slotting in one last chip.

Binary transformed his lower body into one a single big wheel and rolled over to Splashman, who had already likely killed the Champus and damaged that OgreRider, and was currently shielding himself. Suddenly, the glitch he'd gotten from that last fight took over, overriding his motion programs and freezing him in place. "MOTION TEMPORARILY DISABLED!" he shouted.

"Dammit, why now?!" Chris groaned. Out in the open, Binary was a sitting duck for that Ogre and its rider. "Ugh, Sabrina, it pains me to asy this, but since my Navi's very likely to get blasted since he's lying out in the open right now, you go nuts on him while I provide a distraction. Hopefully, Binary's Undershirt program will keep him alive and we can help, but no guaruntees, alright?" he asked his battling partner.

"SITUATION UNDESIRED!" Binary screamed, worried for his own wellbeing.

1. ElecReel1 to Boomers? A, B, and C (80 each, lowered accuracy due to them flying)

2. DBLBeam to all or Splashman and self (30 damage to all or 30 heal blah, blah, blah)

3. Nothing due to stun (Thank you, PA.)
(To Phoenix: -1 action. From the numb feet. Edit post, kthx.

Edit: Immah be off for a while now, so I might not mod til tomorrow. Sorry.)
<(Man, I haven't bumped in a long time. But, it appears that Cereal and I kinda need some moddage right about now.)>
<(Uhh, yeah, we kinda need moddage. Like, ASAP.)>
(EH! SORRYSORRYSORRY! FORGOT IT WAS A MINIBOSS.)

STUF HAPENS.

Boomer?A: 20 HP
Boomer?A: 20 HP
Champu?A: DELETED
OgreRider: 210 HP

Splashman: 140 HP
Binary: 100 HP

Terrain: A roughly 10-foot wide circular platform is the only area the navis have to walk, with chasms of unknown depths having formed around their positions. All enemies are over the holes surrounding the navis. (Percentages: 25% Normal, 75% Hole)
SplashMan braced himself up against his Guard, ready to receive any blow he received...but nothing happened. And so he waited a little bit. Nothing. He peered out from behind the shield, to see what was going on. Nothing. Things SplashMan found wrong with that: nothing. "Uh...they're not attacking. And I don't think they're going to attack any time soon. Hooray!" The Guard faded, though the Aqua Navi's guard was hardly lowered. "...Nope, it wasn't a trick, either! They aren't even attacking now!"

"Hey, it works out for everyone! Those guys get deleted, and we can move on!...Well, we could if anyone can figure out how to get down from there..."

"Let's worry about that later! Chips for taking out that Navi, please!"

"Okay, okay...Chris, we'll leave those Boomers to you! We'll take care of the Navi, all right?" As she usually did in such circumstances, Sabrina pulled out a chip before any kind of response could be made, and placed it into the top slot of her PET. "Here! Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

SplashMan's arm was extended, and became the blue cannon that it was so used to transforming into. "Right! One blast, coming up!" The cannon was adjusted so that it was pointed in the direction of the Navi riding the ElecOgre, and let out a single, yet powerful, shot, causing smoke to rise from the Navi's side. Or maybe the shot just hit a wall SplashMan hadn't noticed. From that angle, it was hard to tell immediately. "It hit!...I think..."

"Eh, don't worry about it. Even if you missed, we can still nail him! Now, time for the chip we have way too much of, but never get rid of because the dang things always wind up being useful!" Three of this chip was pulled out, and placed into the insertion slot, one by one, in rapid succession. "Let's see him get through this! Battlechip, Shotgun! Triple slot in!"

While the Aqua Navi's arm remained blue, it changed shape from cannon to an almost buster-like form. Strange that neither blue form produced an Aqua attack from an Aqua Navi. Without a word, he more or less copied his aim from the previous attack, and let out a single shot. Readjusting the trajectory due to the fact the slight recoil of the attack messed it up, he let out a second blast attack. And such was repeated for the third attack. "There! That should do it!" He would've peered over to check if Binary had deleted the Boomers already, but something inside told him to be absolutely sure the Navi/virus combo were eradicated first. Which was somewhat unusual, considering most of him had nothing but water inside, anyway...

Beep! Beep!

"Huh?" Sabrina's PET screen informed her of new mail. "I've got e-mail, huh? Well, I'm waiting to read it. If they really wanted me to read it right away, they shouldn't have sent it in the middle of a battle!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on OgreRider (80)
2-Shotgun chip attack on OgreRider (50, may hit another virus)
3-Shotgun chip attack on OgreRider (50, may hit another virus)
4-Shotgun chip attack on OgreRider (50, may hit another virus)]
Binary awaited the imminent lightning bolts crashing around him, but none came. He silently watched as the OgreRider and the Boomers just kinda sat there, not doing anything. "CHRIS! OPENING!" he shouted briefly, trying make it heard that there was an opportunity to finish the viruses off.

"I've already realized that, Binary. Now be quiet, Sabrina's telling me something," Chris said, listening to what the girl had to say. "Right, the Boomers are our's. So, Binary. Boomers are Wood-type, and two of them are pretty badly injured from that ElectricReel you sent flying a minute ago. So, I'm sending you the Heatshot Gramps sent us, as well as Sabrina's Energybomb. Now go cause some havoc, alright?"

"AFFIRMATIVE!"

The once-used Heatshot loaded itself in Binary's databanks, ready to be used and all. It was pretty weak, but it could hit two viruses if he shot it at the perfect angle.

Binary's inner computers started calculating every factor there was to input; the size of the stage, the distance away from the Boomers, the speed at which they could accelerate to in what period of time, the OgreRider's being there, the speed and tradjectory of the Heatshot, everything. Eventually, Binary decided on the best place to be when he fired the Heatshot.

Turning his lower torso into something movable; in this case, a toboggan, for some ... reason, Binary slid across the shiny chrome floor to a specific point on the battlefield, where he stopped, the dead center point of his body perfectly aligned with it.

Finally, Binary actually loaded the Heatshot, letting the firey chip data work its way through his systems. His body, like when using the ElecReel, started being filled with what looked like fire. Then, his left arm instead of his right morphed into a long barrel, white flames licking the end. The expected targeting programs locked on to the closest Boomer, making a small 'ping' come from Binary. "COMMENCING LAUNCH!" the amorphous Navi shouted, the licks of white fire vanishing as all fire retracted into his body, collecting into a single ball. The ball ran through his arm, making a bulge where it was, shot through the barrel, and went sailing through the air, directly aligned with the Boomer and its partner.

Meanwhile, Binary was too busy with the Energybomb to notice the Heatshot. The Energybomb was a lot harder to work with, seeing as it wasn't a direct projectile chip. There were a ton more variables to work with with the Energybomb, and Binary guessed that it would indeed take far too long to plan out a proper tradjectory pattern with the Energybomb. He had to make it quick.

With speed only seen in the biggest, strongest supercomputers, Binary began to calculate the basics of the Energybomb. When it might explode, its weight, the effort it would take to carry it a sufficient distance, and the angle he should throw it from.

After taking a quick rundown of all the basics, Binary materialised an orb in his hand; white like the rest of him. Yet this part seemed to radiate power, like the default appearance of the Energybomb. He didn't want to keep it with him any longer than it should take; it could go off at any second, and instead threw it a surprising distance for one of such a slender build. A distance, incidentially, that was right on target with the last Boomer; the healthiest.

And once again, Binary was out of time. He couldn't dodge in time if the OgreRider decided to pull a fast one on him, so he had to just take it like a man ... er, genderless blob thingy.

1. Align self up for a better shot with Heatshot's Splash

2. Heatshot to the two injured Boomer?s (40x2 to the first, 20x2 to the second, improved chance of splash hitting due to first action)

3. Energybomb to unharmed Boomer? (40x3)
The final viruses are blasted apart, and the souped-up Elecogre the rider was on is blown down into the abyss. The heelnavi goes with it... or does he?
Suddenly, he areagrabs in front of the two navis, slashing Splashman in the chest. He manages to dodge, somewhat, but it still scratches his chest. Scratches deeply.
With a sword.
...Yeah. (20)

Boomer?A: DELETED
OgreRider: 105 HP
GiantOgre: FELLED

Splashman: 120 HP
Binary: 100 HP

Terrain: You know what it is.
<(Well, light my ass on fire and dance the tango with me. I posted before MagicCereal.)>

"TARGETS ELIMINATED!" Binary shouted, watching the OgreRider and its steed fall many stories down, sure to be killed by the fall. He deactivated his battle routines; there was no need for them anymore.

"Uh, Binary? You might want to put those back on," Chris said.

"ILLOGICAL! ALL TARGETS ELIMINATED!" Binary repeated.

"I know, but keep them on anyway. You're pretty deep into the computer, so viruses could pop up at any minute. It wouldn't be that great if you were ambushed and had your battle routines turned off, even if it only takes a few nanoseconds to activate them," Chris explained. He manually turned Binary's battle routines back on. "Now, how are we supposed to get back down?"

"TARGET REAPPEARED!"

"What, where?" Chris exclaimed. Then he saw Splashman get slashed across the chest by the HeelNavi's sword. "Damn, he got back up somehow. Oh well. Now much he can do once he's been reduced to his component programs, is there?"

"NEGATIVE! CHIP DATA REQUIRED!" Binary yelled in approval.

"All right, we're going all out. Here, take the ElecReel and the Sword. He should be close enough that you can use them together. Oh, and don't hit Splashman," Chris said, slotting in the two powerful chips.

Binary's arm started to ripple. This, however, wasn't out of the norm, as it was what he always did when using a chip with his arms. What was unusual was when the other arm started to waver and shift. Suddenly, both arms blew up, the remains of his arms falling into his body and being absorbed back into him. Where his arms had been, though, was that in the place of each arm, there were about five tentacles, all of them with two gleaming, razor sharp edges.

As if that weren't enough, Binary loaded the ElecReel at the same time. The tiny spark of blue electricity that signaled the deadly electricity flashed in Binary's translucent head. Then another flashed. And another, and another and another and another before there was a steady glow of blue static electricity in his head. This started spreading as it always did, into every other part of Binary's body.

Chris noticed that Binary had been using tentacles alot. "Did I program him that way, or is he just copying things he's seen before?" he asked himself quietly, barely audiable. Then he realized what he'd just said and turned a bit red on the cheeks. "Anyway, Binary, just finish off the HeelNavi, will you?" he told his Navi.

"AFFIRMATIVE!"

The sharp, blade-like electrified tentacles started whirring into action. Binary himself didn't even move a bit except for the ones and zeroes constantly zooming around, agitated because of the electricity. The tentacles, however, were whipping around madly, but were controlled at the same time. Not one of them even came close to Splashman's position; it would've sucked if he'd hit him accidentally.

Binary continued to buzz his tentacles around wildly until he hit something. Feeling the sudden impact, he quickly wrapped his tentacles around the ... whatever it was; the rapid movement of all the tentacles had temporarily scrambled his optics, and ejected all the electricity in his body through the tentacles into the object. The result was a mass of smoke. But Binary wasn't finished. While he was still pumping the electricity into the hazy figure, he was applying as much pressure with the tentacle-Swords as he could, hoping to cut through and make sure the HeelNavi died and stayed dead.

1/2/3: ElecReel1+Sword+Sword (80x3, one hit is Elec-Element, all hits are B-rank Accuracy)