"WOOHOO!" Chris whooped, watching Mailman get blasted with 7 healthy shots of Cannon goodness.

"DEACTIVATING BATTLE ROUTINES," Binary called. His numbers, once moving rapidly to announce that he was ready for anything, slowed down to lazily drifting around in his shell. However, he was still blue.

"Oh yeah, Binary, do you have any idea why you're blue?" Chris asked, as if he'd just noticed.

"REPEATED EXPOSURE TO INTERNETNAVIGATOR UNIT: SPLASHMAN.EXE CREATED ADDITIONAL FILE DATA. NEW FILE: "SPLASHCROSS.DAT!" Binary listed.

"Wait, wait, hold the phone, what? Splashcross? What's that all about?" Chris asked.

Unfortunately, Binary was not given a chance to answer, as an ominous shadow appeared on the other side of the network. "IDENTIFIED AS INTERNETNAVIGATOR UNIT: MAILMAN.EXE!" Binary called.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me. What's he in, a mail truck?" Chris asked, slapping his forehead and readying his newly-refreshed chips.

Somehow, Chris was right. The mail truck zoomed across the screen, flattening Splashman and just plain splattering Binary all over the place, making tire treads in the chunks that were big enough to get tire treads in them. "Oh, crap. Don't tell me now BOTH his forms are gonna need repairing," Chris moaned.

Suddenly, what was left of Binary (where he once stood, eg: the very bottom of him), somehow picked itself off the ground. "Wha?" Chris asked.

Suddenly, all the pieces of Binary suddenly picked themselves up off the ground, floating in midair. Headed for the central Binary unit, they started to swirl around it like some kind of planet with a massive asteroid belt around it.

Piece by piece, Binary was reassembled, forming the usual genderless body once again, though still blue. Suddenly, texture started to form in the now-completed Navi shell's skin. What used to be just rubbery skin, like Jello, it was now more like rubbery scales.

"Hang on, I can't see his digits anymore!" Chris exclaimed.

Indeed, Binary was going opaque, the black ones and zeroes inside him no longer visible as he became solid. Then, his lower body extended, elongating to look like a gigantic snake tail long and thick enough to wrap around the mail truck that had just crushed Binary and crush it. It seemed to end abruptly, as if there was a giant gaping hole in it. Two rings of the same opaque blue scales suddenly appeared at the end.

Armour was also starting to appear, though as usual, made of the usual blue stuff. Deep socket-like things appeared in the slick armour that coated the majority of his upper torso. The armour extended upwards to fit hoodlike over his head. Finally, eyes and a nose appeared in the previously blank facial area (no mouth; the armour covers where the mouth would be), making Binary look like some kind of blue clay sculpture.

Colour then seeped in. The armour became black, with the scales going darker from bright blue to navy blue. His eyes went white, with black pupils and no irises. All the ringlike things around the sockets on his back and 'tail' went silver, like recently polished steel.

When it was completed, Binary dropped to the ground, having been suspended in midair. Like some old habit, his tail coiled around him like some cobra, while his new eyes looked at his hands. "W-What have I become?" he asked noone in particular. The surprising thing was that he'd just said something, in his normal (ish) form, in a perfectly normal, perfectly masculine tone of voice.

"Binary, I think that's what SplashCross is," Chris said, in awe.

"It would appear so, huh?" Binary said, chuckling and turning to his 'original'. "Splashman, thanks for letting me have this. And while I'm at it, thanks for busting with me; it was really fun. Not to mention that we served our purpose here," he said, holding out a hand, meaning to shake Splashman's, well, not hand. Cannon, maybe?

"So, do you two wanna keep busting?" Chris asked.

"Well, to be perfectly honest, not me. I'm tired, and I still ache from being run over by that mail truck. Speaking of which, looks like he dropped something," Binary said, gesturing to the path of the mail truck, where something glittered. "I'll get it," he said, meaning to turn his hand into a tentacle to retrieve the data, but was dismayed when he saw that he was no longer made of the flexible data. He was surprised, though, when about a dozen tentacles; navy blue scales with black tips like hoses, shot from his back to scoop up the data.

Dumping the data in his hands, Binary noted, "Must've been feeling pretty festive, leaving us this." He held out a pile of data for Splashman, while transmitting his own share to Chris. "So, then, Splashman, I think I'm gonna head out. Thanks again," he said to Splashman.

And thus, Binary, now with his new SplashCross, beamed up out of the Supercomputer to the digital sky, where a much-needed break awaited him.

<(Jack-out)>