Supercomputer investigation

(Nyar. Quick post.)

Big booms. Things die. Minor hit to Splashman.
KEEP FIGHTING!

Metool Horde: 440 HP

Binary: 90 HP
Splashman: 120 HP
"Ow..." SplashMan rubbed his side, which smarted a little after taking the Mettaur gang's attack. "You know, considering all the Mettaur still left, that actually didn't hurt that much! Thank goodness for that!"

"Well, that didn't work as well as I thought it would...but, maybe we just got unlucky! Let's go with ol' reliable now!"

"But we already used WideShot..."

"...Not that, the other chip we always use!"

"Hi-Cannon?"

"Try again..."

"MarkCannon?"

"Nope..."

"Sword?"

"...Try Shotgun..."

"No, that's probably not it...oh, I know! Guard!"

"..." Sabrina struggled to find the strength to pull out a ton of Shotgun chips, and insert them into her PET without trying to choke herself with them. "...Battlechip, Shotgun! As many as it'll let me use at once! Slot in!

"...OH, it IS Shotgun, isn't it?" SplashMan stared at the blue blaster that formed on his arm, as though he has just discovered the secret of life. "Okay, now I get it! Sorry!" He aimed it at some of the remaining Mettaur, which wasn't hard given the amount still left, and let loose with a barrage of Shotgun shots at the helmets with eyes and feet. "Being able to let loose with Shotgun like that always feels good!"

"You know, I...bleck, forget it, I'll just get mad if I say it..." The young woman grabbed an nearby unused chair, and sat down in it. "Yeah...I need to sit down for a minute before I do anything else..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on Metool Horde (50, can hit another virus)
2-Shotgun chip attack on Metool Horde (50, can hit another virus)
3-Shotgun chip attack on Metool Horde (50, can hit another virus)
4-Shotgun chip attack on Metool Horde (50, can hit another virus)]
1001 found that he had been a little late jumping. As he was still ascending, he turned his head and saw the shockwave's wavelike tip coming right for him. "WHOA!" he yelled, turning sideways in midair while still rising, in hopes of avoiding it. He dodged the shockwave by inches, feeling the digital heat agaisnt his skin. Landing in a crouched position, he snapped loudly with all six hands to get Chris' attention. "Chris, chips would be nice right about now!" he bellowed, trying to be heard over the booming stamps of the Metool horde.

"Right, then. I'm sending you the Sword. I altered it a little for the situation," Chris explained.

"You'd better have done something good for it," 1001 said to himself, before activating it. Then, six flashes of purple light later, each arm now held a large, but not too large, sinister scimitar.

"MAN, you're good," 1001 exclaimed, smiling.

"I try, I try. Now go nuts, don't hold back, and don't bother trying to dodge. You'll probably get hit once or twice when you're that close," Chris replied.

Snickering at the prospect of using the scimitars, 1001 banged them together in anticipation. After a few seconds, he shot towards the Metool army, scimmys at the ready.

It was better than 1001 had anticipated. Every time he swung, he collided with something. The blades seemed to shriek in delight as they ran through Metool after Metool. The horde had greatly diminished in size, but there were still so many it was almost impossible to miss. Sweeping the ground, 1001 was so immersed in trying to kill as many Mets as possible that he forgot that he was totally unprotected and vulnerable.

1/2/3: Go nuts with a Sword chip (240 total)
<(BUMPO)>

<(NUMERO UNO, THATO ISO)>
(Nyar. Quick post #2)

BOOM. DELETION IS SWIFT. And for Binary, DAMAGE IS ACQUIRED.

Metool Horde: DELETED

Binary: 70 HP
Splashman: 120 HP

-Victory!-
Prizes: 900z each, Guard2 to Splashman
As the six scimitars dissapated into nothingness, 1001 wiped his sweaty brow.

"You got a minor hit in there, but nothing big," Chris said. "Now, there's zenny there. Take half of it, will you?"

1001 scooped up half the zenny, but then noticed a single Guard2 chip. Thinking of taking it for a few seconds, he thought better of it and left it for Splashman. Then, he straightened up and started to go deeper into the supercomputer. "Splashman, let's keep moving," he said to his partner.

<(BATTLE 6)>
"Big groups like that sure are easier when you're busting with someone else!" SplashMan wandered over to the remainder of the remaining data, and transferred it over. "Oh, Sabrina, there was chip data in with that! Not sure what it was, but I'd guess it's a Guard!"

"And that's why Dad put in an analyzer into this thing! Let's see...yep, a Guard2 was in there! ...Wait, weren't those all regular Mettaur in the group? Oh well, I'm not complaining!" Sabrina placed her new chip into her folder, after removing a certain bomb chip from it. "Yep...now that I'm used to it, it just feels right having a full folder!"

At this point, the Aqua Navi was already walking along, deeper into the computer network. "We're starting to get kinda deep in here...wonder if we'll see any of those green things we saw in ACDC before?"

(I demand a Battle #6!)
((Have it your way))

Suddenly Splashman and Binary encounter Heelnavis! Hundreds of- Oh wait, there's only two, with like, viruses.
How lame.

HeelnaviA: 150 HP [Equip: Sword]
HeelnaviB: 150 HP [Equip: Cannon]
KabutankA: 80 HP
KabutankB: 80 HP
KabutankC: 80 HP

Binary.exe: 70 HP
Splashman.exe: 120 HP

-MONOTONY BREAK!-
-BATTLE 6!-
-FIGHT!
(fine, I shall!)

"Wait...since when are Navis viruses?" SplashMan looked at the new adversaries a bit funny, but eventually shrugged it off. "Well, they're fighting us, so I guess it doesn't matter!"

"I've heard that some Navis like that get viruses to do their dirty work. Why and how, I dunno. Maybe they hate everything so much, they teem up with viruses to wreck everything. Or maybe they're just losers that can't battle, so they think viruses will help them out. Who knows? Although I don't care right now. If they're getting in our way, we're gonna clobber 'em! And fast!"

"Right!" Sabrina's comments seemed to pump the Aqua Navi up a bit about the task at hand, who was glaring at the HeelNavis with his fists clenched. One of said fists was fully extended, as though he was about to take a chip attack. "Let's take 'em out!"

"Okay! We'll take out the Navis, and Chris and 1001 can take out the Catack, and maybe back us up if we screw up! Not that I really think we will!" Sabrina pulled out a single chip, and placed it into her PET. "Battlechip, Recover80! Slot in!"

"All right, WideSh-wait, what?" SplashMan glowed for a moment as his damage from the previous battle faded, just like that. And no one was more surprised by it than SplashMan. "Well, did not see that one coming..."

"Oh come on, I'm not going to let you fight in anything less than perfect shape if I can help it! All right, here's what you really wanted, right?" A chip that was decidedly less shocking to all involved was inserted. "Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

The water blaster appeared on the Aqua Navi's arm, which by that point was being used for head scratching. "What the-? Hey, don't do that so fast! I could've given myself a head full of water!"

"Hey, everything else of yours is full of water, why not?"

"...You know what I meant..." SplashMan rolled his eyes back to the battle scene, and quickly pointed his WideShot towards the two HeelNavis. After aiming, and deciding that trying to hit a Catack with the attack would be trying to milk a little too much out of it, he shot the blast of Aqua power towards the two evil Navis. "What now?"

"What now? We take them out, one at a time!" Two more chips made their way into the blue and black PET, these with pictures resembling viruses found in that very area. "Battlechip, MarkCannon! Double slot in!"

"Right, the high accuracy approach!" Understanding the exact tactics of his operator immediately for a change, the Aqua Navi had his arm become more cannon shaped, and let out a cursor that headed in the direction of one of the HeelNavis. Once it seemed like cursor and HeelNavi were one, a shot was fired. The process was then repeated to a T for the other enemy Navi. "Ahh!"

"What?"

"Using MarkCannon always gives me a headache, because you have to focus to aim that cursor..."

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover80 chip on SplashMan (80, Recovery)
2-WideShot chip attack on HeelNaviA and HeelNaviB (80, Aqua)
3-MarkCannon1 chip attack on HeelNaviA (70, can lock on)
4-MarkCannon1 chip attack on HeelNaviB (70, can lock on)]
"Thanks for that Energybomb, Sabrina. I appreciate it," Chris said to Sabrina, before being interrupted by 1001.

"What the hell are unauthorised Navis doing in this computer?"

"Navis? You've gotta be kidding me!" Chris exclaimed, getting a closer look. "How'd they get in here?" he asked

"No clue, but Splashman seems to be handling them pretty well," 1001 replied.

"Well, we may as well go all out destroying everything here. I'm sending you the Cornshot to make sure that the Navis will be finished off, the Electric-reel to blast those Kabutanks, and the Doublebeam to finish off anything that's left, or heal you a bit. You got all that?" Chris asked, sending the three choice chips.

"I got that, and I'm about to do that."

Normally, 1001 would want to power up the relatively weak Cornshot, but as Sabrina and Splashman already mainly had the HeelNavis covered, he saw no need at the moment. Powered up or not, he was ready for all his eyes to open, the irises the signature bright neon yellow of the Cornshot. A myriad of thin yellow lasers arced around 1001, but there were no colorful tails on these suckers. These were made for cover fire, so that's what they would do. Jumping far to the left of the Aqua Navi so he was flanking the HeelNavis, he let loose a neon hailstorm of yellow bullets on them. The Cornshot whizzed and wheeled through the air as it peppered a large radius around the HeelNavi's immediate vicinity, and most likely them as well.

A white aura appeared out of nothingness as 1001 readied the ElecReel, alerting all in the area of his Streamline sig attack. His many eyes switched from bright yellow to bright electric blue. They had also started to water from being open for so long. "Uh-oh," 1001 sounded quietly, realizing what would happen.

The electricity started to pour from his eyes, but caught the water and started to crackle all over 1001's body. "OWWCH!!" 1001 yelled as the currents of blue and white lightning travelled all over him. Then, in the pain he was in, he thought of something. Through his watery, blurred eyes, he could make out the orange of the Kabutanks. Rising high into the air, he dive bombed the viruses. Upon collision with the ground, there was a collossal explosion, sending electromagmetic waves scattering in every direction. Rising from the ground, a small gust of wind carried him back a ways.

"Augh, my head hurts," 1001 said, holding his head.

"Well, a few hundred watts of electricity just went through it, plus you landed on your head when you dive bombed those viruses. No duh you've got a massive headache," Chris explained. "Plus, now you know how I feel," he added.

"You get electricity pumped through your head daily?" 1001 asked, confused.

"Not really, but six or seven hours of straight paperwork can produce the same effect on a human. Thank God coffee helps, or I would've died of boredom and headaches a lllloooonnnggg time ago," he replied, smiling. "Either way, give your eyes a break and use that DBLBeam without using them."

Nodding, 1001 first made a purple aura to mix in with the white one, making it a lavender-type color. Then he walked out of the light and simply made a DBLCube appear in the light in a flash of light. The colors of the DBLCube were altered, making it appear a light sort of magenta and a purply-blue. Either way, the cube began to shift colors from the magenta to the purpleish blue rapidly, eventually sending waves of one of them everywhere. 1001 had all his eyes closed, so he couldn't see which color had fired. Either way, he knew it would be something good for them and bad for the enemy.

*Streamline - +10 to ElecReel and DBLBeam, assuming DBLBeam turns red
*Untapped Power - +10 to DBLBeam, assuming it turns red

1. Cornshot1 to HeelNavis (50 each)

2. ElecReel1 to Kabutanks (110, Kabutanks are main target)

3. DBLBeam to ??? (30 to all, 50 to two random enemies, or 30 heal to 1001 and Splashman)
<(It's 5:50 right now, according to my watch. Guess this deserves a bump.)>
Viruses and Heelnavis are pwnt.

HeelnaviA: EJO'D
HeelnaviB: EJO'D
KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: DELETED
KabutankC: DELETED

Splashman.exe: 140 HP

-VICOTRY-
Both Get: 375z
"Well, considering we were fighting Navis and viruses, that was really easy," 1001 commented.

"Well, we didn't exactly give them a chance to attack. Either way, let's keep going. I'm pretty sure that that wasn't the whole infection," Chris replied.

Nodding, 1001 took a pile of zenny that had fallen from one of the Navis, left the other Navi's zenny for Splashman, waited for Splashman to get the zenny and start walking, and moved on.

<(BATTLE 7, ROTFLOL!)>
"That was pretty easy. But I think it just means we're that good!" SplashMan grabbed the other half of the cash, and sent it over to his operator. "Kinda makes me wonder what else is in here, though..."

"Eh, don't worry about it. And look on the bright side. At this rate, we'll finally have the cash to be able to finally upgrade you a bit!"

"Upgrade? You mean I'll actually be able to use GMO files without self-deleting?"

"...Nope, you're probably gonna be stuck like that forever. I was talking about battle upgrades, so you can last even longer!"

"Oh, THOSE upgrades...yeah, I guess I could use those...so let's get going! I have upgrades that I need to afford!" The Aqua Navi dashed deeper into the Net, desiring more battles, or more cash. Whatever was available.

(Battle #7...that should probably begin about now)
((I'm gonna implement this new RP-Mod rule about how battles after battle 5 is going to be bit "story oriented"...BLAH!!))

"Oi...Do you go around and pick on weaklings like that?"

The voice came behind from Binary and Splashman. As they turned, they saw a crimson heelnavi with his arms crossed. There was something little different about the Heelnavi. There was a giant ox horn on the side of the head, abnormally large arm, and a cloaked weapon on his back. It was obvious that it wasn't like any other Heelnavi (That always gets deleted in a flash >__>) and it had a eerie atmosphere surrounding him.

"Despite my appearance, I can be..."forgiving". But, I am getting bored from all these peace, so I'm gonna test you both in a little bout."

The heelnavi pounded his hands together and streams of data flowed from the elbow and formed multiple viruses in front of him.

"Don't disappoint me"

As he turned and walked deeper into the net, the viruses started to approach the duo slowly...GET READY!!

ElecOgreA: 120
ElecOgreB: 120
ElecOgreC: 120
DBLCUBE-A: 200
DBLCUBE-B: 200

============
BATTLE 7 FIGHT!!
============
"Whoa, what's up with this HeelNavi? He's ... actually relatively cool-looking," Chris said, temporarily stunned.

"Quiet, Chris," 1001 muttered. Turning to the strange Navi, he answered the question posed. "They were intruding in a SciLabs supercomputer. The consequence for that is deletion, which they received quickly. You are also an intruder. You can leave quietly now and we won't have to hurt you, or you can stick around, and Splashman and I will delete you on the spot. If we fail, then we can just come back in and fight you again and again and again until you die. It's your choice," he stated.

Once 1001 had finished, the intruder had stated his two comments, summoned the viruses that were between them and him. "Coward," 1001 growled, but didn't dare trying to force his way through all those viruses. Then he realized that all the viruses were Elec-type, which presented a problem for Splashman. "Splashman, I'm going to go after the DBLCubes. If you could, could you delete the ElecOgres?" he asked the Aqua Navi. Then, turning to his Operator, 1001 yelled for the usual two chips.

Knowing what 1001 was talking about, Chris inserted the ElecReel and the Cornshot into the PET. "I hope you know what you're doing. Those viruses probably know that Splashman's an Aqua-type, and they'll probably want to go after him. Plus, you left him with viruses that are considerably more dangerous than the DoubleCubes, even if their HP totals aren't as high," he reprimanded.

"Splashman'll be fine, Chris. In case you haven't noticed, he's a lot stronger of a Navi than me, plus his combat programs themselves are store-bought and a lot more complex than the ones you made me," 1001 returned. Then he got his head back into the game.

The two chips 1001'd asked for would definitely be enough for both the DBLCubes; he'd done the math himself. The only problem he had was which chip he used first. He thought for a sec, then decided that by using the ElecReel first, he'd cause damage to his two targets and have a chance of hurting the ElecReels, assisting Splashman. So, pausing first to load up a while aura, then a purple aura over that to power up the shot, his eyes turned from gold to blue. Sparking and buzzing for a while, the eyes did their thing making a narrow beam of electricity come from each of them, converging on the last eye on 1001's forehead. The auras added their colours as the perfect stream of electricity shot through it, making it a blue, purple, and white laser of lightning, aimed at one of the DBLCubes.

The ElecReel then exploded, sending colours everywhere in an electromagnetic rainbow. Meanwhile, 1001 had already prepared the Cornshot, turning all his eyes a bright yellow. In the now familiar pattern, he shot the lasers from all his eyes, letting them break up the last of the white aura; the purple one completely ripped up by the ElecReel. For a few seconds, they whizzed around 1001, still deciding their individual targets, then thought of just screwing using super-advanced targeting and shot at the DBLCubes. After all, if there's 1001 of you, its pretty much a guaruntee that most of you are going to hit. Zooming towards the two Cubes at speeds fast enough to make a small sonic boom sound off in the area, the Cornshot did their job trying to turn the DBLCubes into accurate representations of Swiss Cheese.

"Good, 1001. Now, it'd be a good idea to make yourself scarce while Splashman finishes off the ElectricOgres," Chris noted.

"Good idea, except for one thing," 1001 replied. "He's got a bigger job than me, plus he's got three viruses to take care of. I'm gonna see if I can't make the job a little easier for him. I want another chip, preferably one that can do some serious damage," he said.

"May as well use the Energybomb, then. I've been looking for a chance to use it, anyway." And with that, Chris sent 1001 the chip.

On the Net, a strange, unstable orb of energy appeared in 1001's top-right hand. It looked simple enough, but from what 1001 could feel, the thing was seriously destabilised. The sudden jolts of energy told him it could go off at any minute. "Guess I shouldn't give it the chance to explode on me, then," 1001 thought, taking a few seconds to figure out the best angle he should chuck the thing at. Determining it quickly, he was about to apply his theories to a field test, with the ElecOgre as his guinea pig, when a sudden jolt, this one a bit stronger than the rest, shot through his arm. Faltering a bit, he still succeeded in hefting the Energybomb into the ElecOgres, though he couldn't be sure which one it hit, or if it would hit at all. "The rest is up to you, Splashman," he said under his breath.

*Streamline - +10 to all chips used this turn, 2-turn CD
*Untapped Power - +10 to ElecReel1

1. ElecReel1 to DBLCubes (100 to a group, extra twenty used if it hits an ElecOgre by chance, but mainly targeted on the DBLCubes)

2. Cornshot1 to DBLCubes (110 to one, 100 to the other)

3. Energybomb to ElecOgreC (40x3=120 total)
Well, nothing said 'Hi' like summoning viruses to fight. Naturally, SplashMan was all too happy to oblige. "You're the one responsible for messing this computer up, aren't you?! Well, as soon as we're done turning your fancy viruses into dust, you're gonna wind up like them!"

"Hey, relax a little! Yeah, he shouldn't be there, and he's being all suspicious, but we don't have any proof!" It was then that the suggestion of who should eliminate what viruses was stated. And unlike her Navi, Sabrina actually listened to it. "Let's just worry about the ElecOgres for now, like 1001 said!"

"Uh...okay! They're as good as gone!" The Aqua Navi actually seemed to loosen up a bit as his gaze shifted toward the Elec viruses. "This'll be a breeze!"

"Right! Just focus on virus busting! We'll worry about that other Navi later!" The young woman held a chip known well to both Navi and operator, and placed it into her PET quickly. "Battlechip, WideShot! Slot in!"

SplashMan looked over as his partner in busting as the wide water gun made its mandatory appearance on his right arm, watching 1001 get elemental on the DBLCubes. "You know, after watching all of that, I'm glad I'm an Aqua Navi. ElecReel looks like it hurts to use!" Returning his focus to the ElecOgres, he pointed the WideShot towards them, releasing the arc of water towards the trio. He watched the attack sail for a moment, before looking back at his operator, as if to ask what was next on the agenda.

"Yeah, yeah, I know! The usual, coming right up!" Three more well-used chips got slammed into the chip slot of Sabrina's PET. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Triple slot in!"

The Aqua Navi stuck his arm out once more, as WideShot went for a more traditional, blaster-like appearance. He aimed it towards one of the ugly Elec viruses, and let loose with a shot towards it. The Navi repeated the process with a second usage of Shotgun on another ElecOgre. "Let's see, two down, one to-huh?" He turned, to see 1001 prepare an EnergyBomb. "What the heck is that?!"

"That's an EnergyBomb, I think. You know, the other chip I got when I splurged on Recover80?"

"I'm glad you don't have it anymore! That thing looks dangerous!" As the bomb was thrown, SplashMan quickly took aim at the third ElecOgre, and took a shot at it as the less accurate attack made its way in that direction. As the Shotgun faded, he dusted himself off with his hands, as though he had gotten dirty from using those chips. "I'd like to see them withstand that!"

Sabrina placed one hand on her hip, and leered towards her Navi. "Now see, that's exactly what you shouldn't be saying. Because everyone knows when Navis get overconfident like that, viruses pull a miracle out of nowhere and nail you while you don't expect it!"

"But I was just say-"

"Shut up and be quiet while the smoke clears!"

"Aww..." The Aqua Navi sunk in a little bit as his stared towards the remaining smoke from the dual assault by the Navis.

[Order of Turn:
1-WideShot chip attack on ElecOgreA, ElecOgreB, and ElecOgreC (80, Aqua)
2-Shotgun chip attack on ElecOgreA (50, may hit another virus)
3-Shotgun chip attack on ElecOgreB (50, may hit another virus)
4-Shotgun chip attack on ElecOgreC (50, may hit another virus)]
Within a frenzy of attacks, Binary manages to take out the DBLCubes, and hits twice with his energybomb, leaving the Elecogres completely ally-less as Splashman finishes up!

ElecOgreA: DELETED
ElecOgreB: DELETED
ElecOgreC: DELETED
DBLCUBE-A: DELETED
DBLCUBE-B: DELETED

-Victory!-
Prizes:
Binary: DBLBEAM, 200z
Splashman: Elecreel1
"Hey, Chris, there's chip data for another ElectricReel! Should I take it?" 1001 asked.

"Nah, I'd say let Splashman take it. After all, they were the ones that killed off those ElecOgres. Take the DoubleBeam I spy, and the bit of zenny those DBLCubes dropped when you deleted them. Besides, even though it would be freakin' awesome to have two ElectricReels, we already have one," Chris replied.

"If you say so," 1001 said, taking the remnants of the DBLCubes, and leaving the glowing yellow chip data for Splashman. Before Splashman took it, however, he warned, "Be careful when using that thing. It's a good chip, but use it wrong and you'll end up like I did." Then, he started to look around. "I can still feel traces of that Navi we saw, which means he's probably still in the computer. Let's keep moving," he added, floating off in the direction of an area that looked like it got it pretty bad from the infection; the floors and walls of the Net went from a neutral grey to a sick sort of yellow, like someone had been smoking in here for years.

<(Battle eight)>

SplashMan quietly walked over toward the data containing the powerful Elec chip, and listened to 1001's warning. "Yeah...I'm kinda afraid to use it myself, after seeing it in action..."

"And you'd be even worse off, since you're weak to ElecReel yourself...oh well, I may just trade it away for something that wouldn't rip you apart. Send it over!"

"Sorry, I just don't want to get ripped to pieces..." The Aqua Navi sent the data over to his operator's PET, shuddering a little bit as he did so. "Ahhh, I could feel it a little as I transferred it. And even that made me feel tingly all over!"

Sabrina placed her hand over her PET's insertion slot, and caught the chip of ElecOgre as it came out of it. "Yeah, I don't think we're going to keep this for too long...still, couldn't hurt to hold on to it. ...All right, let's keep going, SplashMan! We need to find that suspicious HeelNavi!"

"Right!" The Navi moved along, noting the change in the floor's coloring. "Yuck! It almost looks like I could skate on this now!"

"Eww! Reminds me of that time when Brandon got that infection and...ugh! I don't think I can finish that sentence without throwing a up a little..."

(Battle #8...yep...)