Back to Base-ics

In a golden beam, LightningMan arrived in the local part of the Net, and looked around. "...I gotta admit, it's a lot more peaceful than Netopia Area."

"According to my data on Electopia's cyberworld, ACDC Area is regarded as the easiest area in the country, perhaps even the entire world. In that sense, it'd be a great place to place the headquarters. On the other hand, this isn't the most frequented of areas, eespecially amongst demographics most likely to join our cause..."

"In other words, we're going to need a good look around to find out if it's a good call or not."

"Basically. So, have at it."

"I intend to." Well, this was weird. He was used to fighting on his own, without taking orders. Yet here he was, wandering around with an operator. Talk about a sudden reversal. "You've been studying up on NetBattling, right?"

"Of course! I don't intend to do this half-baked! I've even looked up how the chips Edgar secured for me work!"

"...Congrats?" Well, Roderick wasn't exactly getting a medal from him for doing that. It was good to know that he was taking it seriously, though. If he was going to have a human helping him, he wanted that human to be worthy of a Navi like himself. "All right, let's see what this place has to offer." And off he went.

(Searching for Battle #1)
A bright soccer ball dropped from the sky, materializing into SoccerGirl once it hit the surface. "Alright!" she exclaimed, arms spread into the air. She looked around curiously at first, but got a big smile as she noticed she wasn't alone in the area. "A good team needs more than 1 player!" she told herself and made a quick dash for LightningMan, "Otherwise it's not a team at all..."

"Don't you think we'd just be bothering...?" Micaella asked curiously.

"Naaaaah," SoccerGirl retorted and brought herself into LightningMan's view. "Hey there, sparky!" she exclaimed while being close to the Navi in question, "Let's team up, OK! You're with us now and I'm with you now! Now victory is in our grasp!" She wasn't one to wait for any back talk and quickly stepped to LightningMan's side and walked along with him, completely ignorant to the fact she was just forcing her presence onto someone else. "So where are we going?" she asked and even if the Navi decided to avoid her, she would just continue to chase him.

((Ready for Battle #1))
Yawn. So far, nothing interesting. At this point, LightningMan would settle for a cyber can appearing just so he could kick it. "Well, this is boring."

"Bah, give it some time! I suppose one of the reason it's regarded as such an easy locale is that there just isn't all that many viruses."

"That's not the kind of easy I like! At least give me SOMETHING interesting...mmm?" As it turned out, the electrical Navi should've been more specific, as a random female Navi popped up. He managed to notice her presence before she entered his view, but wasn't able to do much more as she rushed up and 'invited' herself to join him. "W-wait a second! Who are you?!...And why should I even team up with you?! I have business to take care of!"

"Now now, I think it's not a terrible idea. With another Navi around, you should be able to handle that business more quickly. And who knows, perhaps she's...a good fit for our roster!"

"B-But...!" A cheery sports girl? Wanting to join BIOS? That was a stretch on a good day.

"Actually, I've decided that's an order. Take her with you!"

"Wait a sec! I..."

"...Are you really going to disobey me already?" Roderick raised an eyebrow, though it was mostly just posturing, and not genuine surprise.

"...No, sir..." LightningMan cringed slightly as he turned to the other Navi. This wasn't really what he had in mind when he wanted something interesting to happen. "...I'm LightningMan. I'll have you know that I'm not doing anything especially interesting, just taking a look around ACDC Area for...a building project." Well, he probably shouldn't state that exact building's purpose so soon. Actually, if he did, it might weird her out enough to leave, but then he'd get chewed out...and considering this was basically his first day on the job, that wasn't an option. "...So, who are you? I don't really feel like shouting 'hey, you' whenever I need to say something."
"SoccerGirl, but you can call me SG," she replied to the query about her name, "Nice to meet you, Lightning!" The back of her mind nagged at her that just looking for the location for a building was pretty low on excite-o-meter, but this being the internet there was sure to come something else in their way. "But you see!" she started as she glanced upwards, "Told you it'd be fine!"

"Hahaha," Micaella laughed softly. She was sure it was simply because of SoccerGirl forcing her way into the Navi's 'team', but for the time being it looked to be alright.

"So what are you going to build?" SoccerGirl asked LightningMan, tilting her head to look at him, "Oh, a power plant! No wait, a clubhouse! We can totally add a soccer field to it!" Without warning she grabbed LightningMan's hand and pulled him along as she started to run. "We totally need to find a grassy field! Let's go!" she exclaimed happily.

"SoccerGirl, I don't think-" Micaella started, but was cut off by the Navi.

"Less talking, more scouting for grass!" the Navi replied to her Operator, not letting go of LightningMan in her wild dash.

((Ready for Battle #1))
"...Right." LightningMan had absolutely no interest in calling her SG. He was using her full name, whether she liked it or not. "I'm afraid that the building's nature is...classified. Oh, and before I forget, there's something I need to make very clear." He pointed his finger straight at SoccerGirl. "If we're going to be a 'team', you need to fully aware that I am the one in ch-yeow!" As it turned out, pointing was a bad idea, as she grabbed his hand and started pulling him along. "Hey, lemme go!...I can't even run that fast!"

"Hahahaha!" He wasn't going to get any help from his operator, as Roderick found the whole scene much too amusing to even consider intervening. Even the Navi head of a cyberterrorist organization was powerless against the might of a well-intentioned, pushy girl.

Despite his best efforts, the electrical Navi just couldn't free himself from her grasp. With a sigh, he utilized some electromagnetism to float an inch or two above the ground, if only to make sure he didn't go crashing into something once they finally stopped.

...This was just going to be one of THOSE days, wasn't it?

(Really searching for Battle #1 now)
The two Navis come upon a strange sight. Two blazing coal broilers just sitting out in the middle of the street, with ghosts flittering about them. The stoves must have also been haunted, because their forms changed into scary faces.

Oh, and between the two Oldstoves there rested a green crystal. Perhaps it was causing all the spookiness.

-Viruses-
OldstoveA: 50HP
OldstoveB: 50HP
SpookyA: 30HP
SpookyB: 30HP
SpookyC: 30HP
SpookyD: 30HP
SpookyE: 30HP

-Objects-
GMD: 35HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
LightningMan: 150HP
SoccerGirl: 100HP

~Battle 1: Start!!~
SoccerGirl released LightningMan and immediately produced a soccer ball from the side of her boot. "So..." she started while warming up with flexing motions, "Looks like we've found an opposing team." Swiftly after her warm-up, she started to run in place and tilted her head at LightningMan. "I get to go loose, right? Huh? Right?" she asked him, but it wouldn't have mattered what he said to her.

"Well they do need to be defeated," Micaella commented, "What if this is mister Lightning's ideal spot for his building? And quite frankly... I don't like the look of them..." She wasn't very comfortable with ghosts and spooky things.

While the enemies were interesting, the shiny green thing in the center of it all was far more shinier. And if there was one thing soccer players were trained to do is 'taking possession'. A quick query in her electronic brains gave her the conclusion that that was, indeed, something to protect. She kicked her ball into the air and looked at LightningMan. "I'm gonna go dive in!" she exclaimed at him, catching the ball with her foot, "Because I'm the striker of this team!" And with those words she dashed off into the fray.

"Keep an eye on your surroundings, SoccerGirl," Micaella told the Navi who was dribbling with the ball ahead of herself. But just playing with the ball wouldn't get them very far. "I'm sending you an attack," she said and slotted in the Cannon chip.

"An attacker," SoccerGirl replied while maneuvering down the path with dribbling, "Can come from any location!" Eventually she had reached her destination, the GMD's location, and jumped into the air with her soccer ball. "And in this area we're all attackers!" she exclaimed as she connected to the ball with a kick, causing the ball to get a bright glow before getting launched at one of the Spooky viruses. A stream of light was visible behind the ball as it sped through the air. SoccerGirl, still in the air, took the moment to snatch the GMD into her arms. "Sparky!" she exclaimed, looking over her shoulder once she landed on the other side, "They're all yours!" Another soccer ball emerged from SoccerGirl's boot with which she quickly dribbled away from the spot with evasive maneuvers. "Think you can steal my ball!?" she shouted at the viruses with a grin on her face, the lights of her outfit and her visor lighting up. She continued playing with the ball, trick after trick, while keeping the GMD tightly in her grasp.

Micaella, just looking at the situation, sighed. "If you had grabbed that crystal any differently... It would've been football..." she commented, but SoccerGirl was too engrossed in her awesome moves.

Summary
S = SoccerGirl.EXE [Null/Speed] [3 Actions]

S1. Run At GMD.
S2. Cannon [60 DMG; Knockback; A Accuracy; Ranged] @ SpookyA
S3. Grab GMD.
S-Afterburner. Speed Dodge.
If this had been a week ago, it wouldn't have even been worth it let out a mocking yawn of boredom. Instead, LightningMan scowled as he was forced to pay full attention to the lesser foes before him. And the lesser ally beside him. "Hmph. Knock yourself out." If she followed his instructions to the letter, he'd be pretty happy...but she'd probably find a way to screw that up. "I guess I'll line those OldStoves up, and wipe them out in one shot..." Hang on, what was that in between them? It looked like...mystery data? Well, there went that idea. "Just my luck..."

"One shot, eh? I guess you mean that Shotgun-"

"No! Not anymore. Just give me..." ...Wait, what was SoccerGirl doing? ...Grabbing the mystery data and getting out of the way? Well, that was convenient. Unfortunately, any and all goodwill formed vanished as she called him something other than his name. "The name is LightningMan! Quit calling me Sparky!" It was doubly bad if one realized there was a virus called that...and being as great as he was, he definitely knew that. "...Okay, I guess I do want Shotgun after all!"

"Very well, then." Fortunately for him, he'd already loaded all his chips into his PET, so choosing a chip was about as difficult as pointing. "Shotgun BattleChip, in!"

Even before his operator started to transfer the data, LightningMan began to make his move, arcing around the battlefield, before getting the pair of flame viruses in a straight line with himself. Still hovering a couple of inches above the ground, he raised his right arm, and allowed it to transform into a blue buster-like shape, though with a black tip, and a black stripe separating it into two halves. All right, since the other Navi was bright enough to not get in the way of his attack, he basically had a clean shot...fire! A yellow bullet of energy shot forth from the weapon, and sailed over in the direction of the OldStove. If it hit its mark properly, its explosion would go through the first, and right into the second, getting rid of those headaches nice and quick. Being he was who he was, that shouldn't be too hard.

What might be trickier to him, was the part where he had to avoid any incoming attacks. He knew Spooky could be quick when they wanted to...though, if he'd aimed true, that was all he'd have to worry about. Well, that, and SoccerGirl letting the mystery data get destroyed, but at the very least, she didn't seem entirely incompetant...he'd just have to hope that particular impression was right.

[Order of Turn:
1-Line up OldStoves after SoccerGirl gets out of the way (movement)
2-Shotgun chip attack on OldStoveA (50, A, Spread 1) (Spread Target: OldStoveB)
3-Dodge]
SoccerGirl ran right through the goalposts of the two Oldstoves and grabbed the green mystery data. She took a pot shot at one of the Spookys as she went, unfortunately, she missed.

Elsewhere, LightningMan lined up the two Oldstoves as they belched lines of fire at SoccerGirl, who dribbled around each with her awesome moves and afterburned dodges. As she cleared the line of scrimmage, LightningMan fired. In one Shotgun blast, both Oldstove viruses were reduced to charred and twisted metal.

The Spookys began teleporting around and trying to lick the two Navis. Four of them going after the Navi who reduced two of their number to bits of corrupted data. Two of the four missed LightningMan, who dodged one of the two remaining licks, but was still licked in the chest by the last one. SoccerGirl, meanwhile, was licked in the face by one large and rubbery tongue.

However, she still had the GMD. She could open it right there in the middle of battle if she wanted.

-Viruses-
OldstoveA: DELETED
OldstoveB: DELETED
SpookyE: 30HP

-Objects-
GMD: 35HP [Held by SoccerGirl]

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
LightningMan: 140HP
SoccerGirl: 90HP

OPEN GMD: Y/N?
"And SG remains in possession of the ball!" she exclaimed as she kicked the ball into the air and jumped after it, "And the shiny thing!" SoccerGirl stuck her foot behind the ball while coming back to the ground and immediately continued with her evasive maneuvers. "No way you guys can have it!" she shouted at the viruses, clearly meaning the ball although it was beneficial if they didn't get the data she held either.

"We should do something other than moving around though," Micaella commented. From her chips she had taken out the Shotgun chip and put it into her PET. While relatively new to busting viruses, she had taken the time to experiment together with SoccerGirl in a virtual environment. As such she knew SoccerGirl was more comfortable with her ranged chips, but not as much with the one melee chip they possessed. "Try to score a goal this time," she added, commenting on the missed shot of the Cannon chip.

"Tsk," SoccerGirl clicked her tongue and looked at the viruses while dribbling the ball around. While not as precise as LightningMan had done it, she still took a glance to find out what the best angle would be for her next attack. As soccer player you would normally be more interested in finding a path without opponents, but finding a path with multiple opponents and bursting through was even more heroic. "Over here!" SoccerGirl shouted and kicked the ball into the air, following it once again. She took the ball between her feet and swung her legs in opposite ways, one forwards and one backwards, to launch the ball while giving it the motion of a piercing drill as it was the only way of making the impact of the ball continue to other targets.

"Are you keeping an eye on Lightning?" Micaella asked, looking around on the tiny screens of her PET. Most of the time all she could see was SoccerGirl unless she zoomed out, but then it got harder to identify what was happening.

Even before SoccerGirl landed back on the ground she had already conjured up a new soccerball. "Sure!" she replied, "He's my teammate after all!" But the truth was that she was just focusing on her balls. Her soccerballs. With her attack performed she returned to dribbling, but less expressive as before.

Summary

S1. Dodge.
S2. Shotgun [50 DMG; Spread; A Accuracy; Ranged] @ SpookyA/B

Not opening GMD yet.
Despite drawing the ire of nearly the entire Spooky horde, LightningMan came away mostly unscathed. Clearly, they subconsciously knew of his superiority to everyone else on the battlefield, and had a hard time landing a hit as a result. Though, he imagined the reason they favored him was more benign, and due to him deleting their friends. Ah well, at least that mystery data remained intact, and that was quite important. Though, as expected, SoccerGirl didn't do a particularly good job when it came to actually destroying the enemy...he'd have to carry the battle.

Fortunately, there was a way he could slightly hedge his bets on the other Navi. He created a spark in each hand, and looked over at her. Seemed like...she was using Shotgun. And from that angle, the Spooky that would only be hit by the blast, and not the main shot...would be that one. With a grin, he flung the small electrical spheres at the ghostly virus, eventually stopping and hovering as they floated around it. They shot bolts of electricity into each other, and by extension, the Spooky itself. While it would be a bit painful, as electrical energy through one's body tended to be, it actually wouldn't be reflected in its hit points; it would, however, severely drain it, to the point that it wouldn't even be able to harm anything, even if it tried. That way, even if SoccerGirl's attack wasn't on point, that was one less enemy they'd have to worry about.

Of course, there were still 3-4 that he did have to worry about...and that meant he needed to get his hands dirty. "...I guess there's not a ton of choice. I've got a multiple use chip, and it's time to use it!"

Truthfully, Roderick was a little surprised that his Navi had no apparent plans to shock anyone into submission. Well, technically, he just did, but it didn't involve straight up deleting anything. Ah well, he saw the logic in LightningMan's request. After all, even if he did nothing but attack, it'd be a while before he'd need something else. "Understood!" Slide the picture of the Teddy virus over to the Navi...like so. "RageClaw BattleChip, in!"

Three large metal blades shot out from the ends of the electric Navi's armguards, each giving off a brilliant sheen. By now, the Shotgun had been fired, which meant that he was free to cross that area without fear of being blasted...so he did, quickly hovering over to the unaddressed Spooky. He reared back...and began to slash with his new claws. He attempted to shred each virus that hadn't been targeted, trying to cut them up into ribbons in one fell slice each. He actually didn't enjoy it quite as much as he thought he would...but really, for him, nothing topped zapping opponents into nothingness. He'd get his chance to do that eventually...but until then, he'd have to make do by ripping them apart, up close and personal. And really, that wasn't a bad consolation prize.

[Order of Turn:
0-Debuff subtype ability on SpookyB (reduces next 10 damage it deals) (Source: Buff)
1-RageClaw1 chip attack on SpookyC (40, B, Slashing)
2-RageClaw1 chip attack on SpookyD (40, B, Slashing)
3-RageClaw1 chip attack on SpookyE (40, B, Slashing)]
Four of the five Spookys switched targets and went after SoccerGirl as she dribbled around with the GMD. LightningMan reacted quickly and shocked one of the Spookys, causing its power to fall. SoccerGirl managed to dodge one of the two Spookys that weren't completely inaccurate. In particular, the one that was shocked. The other slapped her with its tongue.

LightningMan rushed forward and attacked one of the Spookys as SoccerGirl lashed out with her Shotgun kick. Unfortunately, nothing connected as SoccerGirl's kick was waaaay off target, and LighteningMan's slash passed harmlessly through a teleporting ghost.

Said teleporting ghost then attempted to lick LightningMan, but failed to hit.

Then LightningMan slashed some more Spooky. Striking one into deletion. The other two missed through either poor aim or teleporting away from it.

-Viruses-
SpookyB: 30HP [Debuff: 10 Damage]
SpookyE: DELETED

-Objects-

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
LightningMan: 140HP [RageClaw1: 3/6]
SoccerGirl: 80HP

As much as LightningMan wished he could say with certainty that his lack of claw-based destruction was just a fluke...he couldn't. Admittedly, he was more comfortable sitting back and picking enemies from afar with his electricity. But that was then. This time, he was going to master close combat, as well as distanced. And, as small consolation, his busting 'partner' was managing to make 1 for 3 look good. And as he expected, SoccerGirl was just continuing to slowi him down, providing no benefit other than keeping that mystery data safe.

And speaking of slowing things down, the electrical Navi raised his clawed arm high, causing a small cloud to form above one of the Spooky...and struck it with lightning consisting of the same power draining electricity he'd just used. Again, while it wasn't harmful in that its health was deteriorating, its battle ability would be sufficiently fried that the next lick from it would be about as harmful as if it came from a puppy.

Meanwhile, his operator was getting slightly concerned that basic viruses were giving his Navi, the Navi of the leader of BIOS, this much trouble. On the other hand, he probably wasn't accustomed to such basic weaponry...so for now, he'd get a pass. "Well, LightningMan? Shall I send something else over, or are you going to claw your way to victory?"

"I don't appreciate the pun...but, I'll use this until either it or these stupid Spooky break apart into tiny pieces!" LightningMan once again began to hover just barely off the ground, using his floating ability to do a quick circle, and get the viruses in a rough line. He then sped forward, slicing at each Spooky as he swerved to get in their path. The first was a clean slash, nothing wrong with how he did it...his second attack, however, proved worrying, as, despite touching a perfectly shreddable virus at worst, one of his claws shattered. He tried again on the next Spooky, but that caused the other claw to break into pieces. Well, he was glad he phrased it like that, if not at the weapon's durability. If only it had one or two more uses...oh well, maybe SoccerGirl would surprise him by handling the rest. Though, he certainly wasn't going to hold his breath about it.

[Order of Turn:
0-Debuff subtype ability on SpookyA (reduces next 10 damage it deals) (Source: Buff)
1-RageClaw1 chip attack on SpookyD (40, B, Slashing)
2-RageClaw1 chip attack on SpookyC (40, B, Slashing)
3-RageClaw1 chip attack on SpookyB (40, B, Slashing)]
(I hereby request that Shur's turn is skipped, and that the battle go ahead and be modded)
<(Request approved)>

Thankfully, LightningMan's ability to hit things returns to him, first szapping a Spooky of its will of do damage, then proceeding to carve up its buddy. His second target attempts to teleport away from him, but evidently at least a bit of the lightning Navi's name extends to his speed, as his second slash manages to delete the Spooky.

Sadly, all good things must come to an end, and the same could be said of LightningMan's accuracy; perhaps it was the breaking claw, or perhaps his final target had simply had quite enough of watching its allies forcefully removed from the mortal coil. Whatever the cause, the last Spooky weaves around the rapidly-disintegrating RageClaw, and pays him for his troubles with a slobbery ghost tongue. Fortunately for LightningMan, this happened to be the same Spooky that he'd zapped previously, and so the only consequence he suffers is getting ghost drool on his armour.

The just-depowered Spooky, looking rather put-out, floats over to SoccerGirl, who simply plays through an idle animation, bouncing the GMD about. The Spooky's tongue, useless it might be, lashes out at the sports-themed Navi, who dances around it and continues on doing...whatever it was she was doing. Defeated, the Spooky teleports back, tongue numb and spirits low.

-Viruses-
SpookyA: 30HP [Debuff: 10 Damage]
SpookyC: DELETED
SpookyD: DELETED

-Objects-

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
LightningMan: 140HP [RageClaw1 Broken!]

"Are you quite done playing?" Micaella asked, glancing down at her Navi. It seemed like the Navi had become quite fond of the data object, although all participants knew that it would open up and it would relinquish its contents to them. The Operator thumbed through her chips, hoping that whichever she used wouldn't be the catalyst of SoccerGirl using the GMD as a combat soccer ball.

"Almost," SoccerGirl said as she swung her leg around the GMD before kicking it lightly into the air to catch it in her hands, followed by kicking a soccer ball behind her into the air and catching it with her foot in front of her. Finally realizing that she was essentially wasting time by herself, she noticed LightningMan had already taken care of way more viruses than she had even accomplished in this fight. "If this were a match, I'd have lost so hard," she muttered to herself, imagining that each defeated virus was a goal. "But we're a team!" she exclaimed, kicking her soccer ball into the air, "So it's alright!"

SoccerGirl jumped after her soccer ball and kicked it straight into the ground with all her strength. A large soccer-themed flower bloomed from the location as the Navi placed her feet on the ground again. SoccerGirl's soccer ball was launched into the air by the flower in a flurry of flower petals, prompting her to jump after it. "Flower of Gaia!" she exclaimed as she kicked the soccer ball straight at one of the Spooky viruses. Landing back on the ground, she created a new ball and started maneuvering around the field, the GMD still tightly in her hands. But this time she decided to make a clear mental note to not get caught in her motions and focus on the situation at hand. She kept her eyes on the other Spooky, assuming the previous one was in the dugout of internet heaven.

Micaella took out one of the few chips she had confidence in that SoccerGirl could easily use it. "I don't know if she uses this..." she muttered while looking at the RageClaw chip. Not wanting to try it out for now, Micaella slotted in the CactusBall1 chip for her Navi. "Here you go," Micaella said and looked at the battle.

A flash of data crossed over SoccerGirl's visor and she quickly took the ball back to the ground in her maneuvers, knowing which chip it was. After a few more dribbles she reeled her leg back as far as she could. "HIYAAAH!" she exclaimed and kicked the ball as hard as she could, causing the internal data to explode out of the ball in the form of spikes. The Wood element of the chip had transformed the white fields on the soccer ball to a lush green. Once the ball was away from the reach of her feet, she tossed the GMD forwards and caught it with her foot to balance it playfully.

Summary

S1. Flower of Gaia [40 Shot WOOD; 2 TCD] @ SpookyA
S2. Dodge.
S3. CactusBall1 [20 WOOD; 2~4 Hits; C Accuracy; Ground] @ SpookyB
Almost as soon as he was slimed, LightningMan began to emit sparks on that part of himself, causing the drool to immediately fade away. He, of all Navis, was not going to let anything like that stay on him. He was too important for drool to stay on him for more than a few seconds. And especially in this fight, where his 'partner' was too busy playing around with valuable mystery data to bother helping. Not that she was doing much better when she actually was. At this point, he might as well assume any further aid would backfire spectacularly, and defeat the rest himself. But first... "Well, that drain seems to have worn off...I suppose I'll fix that first!" He raised his arms, creating the sparks that were proving to be so effective at destroying any chance of the Spooky actually hurting anyone.

And now that the opposition was literally helpless..."All right, enough of this. It's time to show why I'm named LightningMan!" The appropriately named Navi began to produce electricity all over his body, which at first seemed to signify nothing. However, a cloud was forming over the battlefield...a dark one, at that. Without warning, a thunderbolt dropped from it, aiming to use the virus before him as an undead lightning rod. Or, if it hit its mark, a redead lightning rod.

Of course, that wasn't enough. The battle had dragged on for too long already. Even his operator could see that. That's why...it was time to throw everything at the remaining enemies. "Wrap this up while the sun's still shining! ZapRing, Cannon! BattleChips, in!"

Two different apparatuses formed on LightningMan's hands; the right became a pink device with two looped wires resembling a Bunny's ears, and the left became the head of a Canodumb virus. He raised them up, and in rapid succession...bzzt! Pow! Ring shaped electricity was fired at one enemy, and a shot of energy were fired at the other, all for extra insurance that they would finally be removed from the internet, and he would be left in peace for scouting. Well, aside from the annoying Navi that insisted on tagging along, but there wasn't much he could do about that as long as Mr. Franklin willed it so. Sigh.

[Order of Turn:
0-Debuff subtype ability on SpookyB (reduces next 10 damage it deals) (Source: Buff)
1-Lightning Bolt sig attack on SpookyB (60, Elec, Stun 1, Self Slow)
2-ZapRing1 chip attack on SpookyA (40+5, Elec, A, Stun 1)
3-Cannon chip attack on SpookyB (60, A, Knockback)]
As if simply to spite LightningMan, SoccerGirl cuts in right ahead of him, going on to combat the viruses with the mighty power of sports. Her soccer balls fly straight and true; clearly, the Spirits of these Spooky viruses had not been awakened yet, for they fall before the assault of flora and cacti. Just to emphasize, LightningMan's attacks blast down on the spaces they had just occupied, forcefully evicted via deletion. The battle was won.

-Viruses-
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED
SpookyC: DELETED
SpookyD: DELETED

-Objects-

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
LightningMan: 140HP [RageClaw1 Broken!]

-BATTLE #1: VICTORIOUS!-
Rewards:

[li]LightningMan: 400z, 2 FXP
  • SoccerGirl: Recov10, 300z, 2 FXP

LightningMan had noticed that SoccerGirl had actually managed to become useful at the end; he just attacked for the practice. And, admittedly, if he had zapped her, he wasn't going to be very upset about it. But hey, at least the fight was finally over. With a wave of his arm, he sent over half of the reward over, though he was certainly tempted to take more, since he did most of the work.

"Money received!" As soon as his cash total wasn't zero, Franklin began to do some typing. "And...money spent!"

"Spent?! That was fast." Great, this other Navi was making him go 'what?!' enough as is. Now his operator had to get in on the act.

"Oh, don't worry. I found a Thunder chip on a trade board going for cheap, and I thought you might like it. Was I wrong?" Of course he wasn't. LightningMan loved electricity of all forms. The future ruler of the world wouldn't make a stupid mistake like that.

"Ah. Greatly appreciated, sir." Well, if he managed to get that from the spoils, that battle wasn't a total waste of his time. And speaking of which...SoccerGirl had something he wanted in her clutches. He didn't really want to talk to her, but since his operator insisted on them teaming up...sigh. Having a proper operator was a pain and a half. "Listen. If you didn't already know, that's Mystery Data. Exactly what's inside is a mystery, hence the game. It could be cash, it could be chip data...it could even turn out to be a virus shaped like the real thing. Anyway, since we're both here, we can cheat it a little. If two Navis access it at the same time, they can both get something out of it, instead of one being left high and dry. So, on the count of three, we'll both start decoding it. ...Ready? One, two, three." The electric Navi started accessing the data, though if his temporary teammate hadn't also joined in, he'd stop instantly. He was trying to be nice by letting them both get stuff from it. Even though he didn't really want to.

(OPENING GMD)
"Yes, goal!" SoccerGirl exclaimed, happy that her attacks finally hit their targets. She turned to LightningMan and waved her arms wildly at him, clutching the GMD in one of her hands. "Did you see that!? I'm the best, aren't I!?" However with LightningMan talking to his Operator, it was very likely her voice was similar to the buzzing of a fly. Micaella, however, listened to her Navi.

"Well, you still have much to learn," Micaella remarked, trying to get the message across of SoccerGirl a lot of her attacks as gentle as possible, "But at least you tried your best. And that's what counts, right?"

The Navi nodded at her Operator and noticed LightningMan approaching from the corner of her eyes. "Hey! Did you see-" she started, but was interjected by LightningMan's talk about the GMD. "But this is my buddy," she said to him while he was explaining it. But it didn't look like he was going to let her keep her dribbling buddy. "OK, fine!" she said and touched the GMD at the same time as the male Navi, although she had been touching it the entire time. "If it becomes a virus, I'll have a real dribbling buddy!" she thought to herself, although it wouldn't be particularly beneficial to either Navi.

((REVEAL YOUR SECRETS, GMD))