The Divine Quest

-

(My bad >.<)

Did he just trip over it?!

"[sub]Wow... what a fail![/sub]"

"YEAH! SCRAM! GET OUTT'A HERE YA LITTLE TWERP!"

Warrior was much too enthused at the fact that he actually 'scared' something off to even remember the embarrassing, clumsy fall just moments earlier.

Since there was really no way for Megami to see it, though, he'd have no issues forgetting. He had a strange feeling that this wouldn't be the last he'd see of that little Metool... but he kept it to himself.

He shouted out to Megami across the empty space between them.

"DID YA SEE THAT?! THAT'S THE SMARTEST VIRUS I'VE SEEN ALL DAY!"

He didn't really see Megami get hit by the pickaxes -- much less even notice that she took out twice as many viruses as he did -- so he wasn't hesitating to sing his own fanfare.

Jake began reloading his Battle Chips again as the Navis were given a moment of reprieve. He'd let them rest up for a second or two before plunging deeper into the Network.

-
Even as she was downloading the battlechip and Zenny data, Megami could only catch bits and pieces from Warrior's shout as she looked up. With a delighted smile, ignoring the small clinching blow from the pickaxes, she responded.

"Really?!" she had called, "Did it also perform tricks? I'm sure it could carry an enlightening conversation!"

To the untrained and unversed ear that would hear and see Megami's expression, they would think she was being sarcastic. However, with Xenneth looking up from his P.E.T. as he heard the audible voice of his NetNavi, he knew she was being dim when it came to someone not being literal. He could do nothing more than sigh and let his head full of violet hair hang.

...how did he get paired with such a NetNavi who was so strong...but yet so simple minded?

--------------------------------

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: -------
Current Attire: Default GMO
Chatty Ditz: -----
Note to Mods: You may engage Battle Four whenever ready! Apologies that I don't have time for a better post.

-

"..."

"BAH-HAHHAHAAA! HAHAHA! A-HAHAHA--"

Warrior just got dissed by Megami! And Jake was loving it!

After a few seconds of uncontrollable laughter, Jake closed out his screen and muted his microphone to leave Warrior in an awkward, somewhat stunned, silence after what Megami had just said.

"..."

After almost a full minute of the silence, Jake finally tuned back in (having finished laughing his butt off the whole time).

"Aaaaahhhh... Heh... Hehe..."

"..."

And they were still stuck in that silence!

"Heh... Huh-hehe... Heh-ahaha-HAHA! BAHAHA-HAHAHA HAHA--"

Jake ended up having to mute his mic again, because he apparently hadn't gotten all of the laughter out. And Warrior's frozen face was just priceless.

His face was literally frozen -- it hadn't twitched (he hadn't even blinked) since Megami said that! Eyes wide-opened, jaw half-dropped, and lips slightly frowned as he just stood there, staring at Megami.

He thought she was a nice person!

"Hahahaaaa... I'm really starting to like this girl. More and more -- she just keeps getting better!"

Jake finally tuned back again... hopefully for good, this time.

And Warrior finally broke his dumbfounded expression by blinking and looking away -- that is, away from Megami and away from Jake.

"Yeah. Me too."

"..."

Jake's frace almost froze in the same way that Warrior's just had, when he heard him say that.

"I like women with a good sense of humor!"

"Riiight... Keep telling yourself that."

And Warrior would keep telling himself that in his mind, as he laughed off the comment (even after that long awkward silence) and ran over to where Megami was. On the bright side, it wasn't the most embarrassing thing that had happened today... honestly.

"No, it didn't do tricks. And even if it could talk, it wouldn't be anywhere near as enlightening as a conversation with you."

Jake almost chuckled at that corny, slightly flirtatious comment. He'd have to teach Warrior how to be less--

"But enough about the dumb virus! Let's keep going deeper!"

-- ... and Jake's thought-process was interrupted by an even worse comment than before. Luckily, Megami seemed pretty non-receptive to these types of things, judging prior experience. Hopefully that wasn't just a cover-up or something, though.

REQUESTING BATTLE #4

-
The duo continued until they came upon another pack of viruses. They were divided up into three groups, and all had their backs to the two Navis. In the center, a pack of fire-breathing wolves sat around two floating knight viruses. To either side of this group flapped little paper dolls and larger bats. Megami and Warrior could hear what looked like arguing, there were two other people there that had the attention of the viruses. Looking closer, they could see two Navis wearing Red and Green.

"I am telling you I was cheated!" the red Navi was saying to the green Navi. The red Navi was wearing a full-bodied suit, like a cross between a firefighter and a hazmat suit. The green Navi shook his head, he was wearing green samurai-style armor with a scary-looking, monstrous mask. "We sent you there to take and hold the town, not burn it down. The fact that you were defeated by someone doesn't make you any less of a failure to uphold your duty."

"At least I didn't lose to some newbie from the backwaters!" the red Navi shouted back. "Just give me another unit and I'll make them pay for my humiliation."

It was at that point that the green Navi noticed Megami and Warrior. But all he did was turn to the red Navi. "That will have to wait, the boss wants to see you," the green Navi said. "I suggest you make your case to him. I have a job to do." The red Navi loudly cursed before exploding into the sky in a beam of crimson. The green Navi turned back to Megami and Warrior. He reached his hands up and unclasped his helmet, lifting it off his head and then cradling it in his arm. Megami knew this green Navi. He was the one who fought her by a shrine and gave her his Bambooknife. "I see that you have gotten stronger... And you have an ally now? Good. You will need him for what is to come." He motioned with his free arm to the viruses. "Delete them."

At that the viruses turned around and got into an attack posture. The green Navi put his helmet back on and beamed out.

-Enemies-
-West Group-
PulseBatA: 80HP
PowieA: 60HP
PowieB: 60HP

-Center Group-
SpikeyA: 90HP [Pack Tactics]
SpikeyB: 90HP [Pack Tactics]
SwordyA: 80HP
SwordyB: 80HP
SpikeyC: 90HP [Pack Tactics]
SpikeyD: 90HP [Pack Tactics]

-East Group-
PulseBatB: 80HP
PowieC: 60HP
PowieD: 60HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-Allies-
Megami: 70HP
Warrior: 85HP

~Battle 4: Start!!~
Megami was not very attentive to details of a conversation of a stranger. It was rude! However, she could not help but to notice the green NetNavi after failing to fathom Warrior's comment. (What was a stupid-smart Mettaur virus anyway?) Regardless, the female NetNavi could not think as her eyes were too entranced by the Green NetNavi she saw amongst the viruses. She was very eager to get his attention, but she had stopped short hearing his words.

"Delete them? Delete us?" Well that was certainly mean!

With her right hand pressed to her chest, Megami was still a bit skeptical of what just happened. The NetNavi vanished, simply leaving viruses like minions. The female NetNavi had been a bit bothered by it. He seemed so noble, so straightforward with a fight with her at first, and now she was being assaulted by minor viruses? It seemed like an unusual change in the NetNavi...not that she knew him on a larger personal scale in the first place.

"This is not good, no?" Megami said looking at all the viruses and eyes stopping on a certain set, "I have seen all of these viruses, but those!"

"Those swords," Xenneth cut in, "I bet that's their weapon! We should stay away from them, Megami-chan!"

She only hoped it was easier said than done.

"We should prepare ourselves for an attack!"

Xenneth's suggestion was something Megami could agree with. She was strong, could handle herself, but she worried most for Warrior. She had seen these viruses before, and was well aware of the damage they could cause. She, however, worried about her friend as she let her eyes slide to the corner and catch the site of Warrior. Nodding, she understood Xenneth perfectly, and came up with a suggestion herself.

"Let's recover! Shinsei Chiyu!"

Megami had whipped her right hand upward, brandishing it into the air as a wave of energy had begun to rain over her. The small bits of shredded clothing, marks on the skin, and blemishes had become fair and lively as if she was born anew and swaddled in newest of robes. Slowly, the blue aura that coveted Megami had begun to fade as her body begun to return to its bearable lively state it was in before.

"This should help! We'll get them in one go!" Xenneth cried, "Boomerange Level Three! Battle Chip in, download!"

Megami's right hand that was held over her head soon curled around the glowing array that was forming in her palm. She clinched tightly, feel the cold steel of the gadget that was clamping in the maw of its mouth a large bent object made of a thick bandaged wood. She spun her body around, gaining momentum, before gradually pressing her thumb along the structure and releasing the clamp. The bent wood swept forward leaving a faint green trail that was like a blur as it spun.

"Go, boomerange!"

As Megami cried out, the large object was already whirling down the field and aiming for the center formation of viruses. She did not plan on seeing what the sword wielding viruses could do and at least shred the numbers of the fiery viruses in half. With that one attack, she found herself needed to prepare for the worst as she released the grip of the boomerang's device and begun to raise her hand revealing her palm to the viruses.

"I shall be fine, Warrior," Megami insisted, not looking towards her ally as she seemed focus on their enemies, "Allow me to draw their attention while you attack, yes?"

Megami's fingers and twiddled and wriggled around in a circular pattern. Slowly, there was a swirling light that seemed to stretch from her palm, bulge outwards, and then begin to reach back as it covered her body slowly. It had moved as if it was a burning fire along a flammable form. It was no doubt her aura, just as courageous as her spirit, building itself up and being fueled by her ambition. Megami had felt confident about her aura being enough to guard her as she drew the attacks of her enemies forth.

...perhaps she could keep it up long enough for Warrior to deal some cleansing blows?

Action 1: Divinity Recovery (Recover 30 HP) {Megami}
Action 2: Boomerang3 (120 Wood Damage+Group Attack [Arc]) {Spikey A|B & Swordy A|B}
Action 3: Divinity Aura (40 HP-Barrier) {Megami}

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: "Emergency (Battle Theme)" by Paramore
-

"Sounds like a plan! Aqua-Knife, Battle Chip In!"

Apparently Megami had known this guy... but that was irrelevant at the moment since they were surrounded by a swarm of viruses that Warrior was very unfamiliar with. Having Megami draw their attention toward her Barrier would give Jake enough time to watch each virus's attacks and techniques, so maybe they'd gather enough information to conjure up a defensive plan of their own by the time that barrier broke.

Warrior's custom weapon was replaced by a short blue dagger with about the same length as his forearm. Holding the weapon in a reverse grip, he knelt down to the point that his front knee touched the ground then launched himself toward the east group of enemies with a long but swift jump. His body stretched out during the ascent, but then his knees reclined and heels touched as he approached his destination between the two Powie viruses.

Warrior's toes touched down on the ground first -- his heels and knees followed shortly after with a loud "THUMP" against the digital ground that sounded like it echoed underneath the floor, as if the it was hollow. He used the momentum of his landing to lean into a lunge with his weapon-arm fully extended. The stabbing motion was quick and precise -- it cut through the air with a high-pitched whistle, and even light couldn't travel quickly enough to reflect off of it during the thrust, so Warrior's arm appeared to have vanished for a split-second and then reappear at the end of the movement.

A stream of water trickled down the handle of the knife from the blade, but even as it moistened the hilt and slid between the cracks of his fingers, Warrior's grip would never loosen from the weapon. After having lunged at the Powie to his right, Warrior kept his arm extended and swung it over the top of his body much like a windmill, intending to bring it down in a stabbing motion onto the Powie to his left. Regardless of the hit, Warrior's arm would continue its motion as he used its momentum to throw his entire body across the ground with a rolling tumble dodge.

His goal was to end up on the rear-side of the Pulse Bat, not only to attempt at evading any of its attacks (should Megami's distraction not merit its attention), but also to use the small, frail-looking virus as a sort of 'obstacle' against any other potential oncoming attacks. Being behind it would give him the greatest chance of success, at that.

There was little time to see the fruits of their efforts, but such was necessary before initiating the next plan of action.

- -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -

Action 1: Feint (Toward East Group)

Free Action: Precision (Take Aim: Adds +1 ACC to Next Attack)

Action 2: Aqua Knife (DMG: 60 ~ ACC: B (+2) ~ Slashing ~ 5/6 Uses Left) @ Powie C

Action 3: Aqua Knife (DMG: 60 ~ ACC: B (+1) ~ Slashing ~ 4/6 Uses Left) @ Powie D

Free Action: Swordplay (Free Dodge toward the hind-side of PulseBat B)

-
[Note: Increasing accuracy can bring the accuracy to the next rank. Such as a D to a C, a C to a B, and a B to an A. A is the cap. S cannot be gotten through increasing accuracy since S is an automatic hit. Once you have hit A accuracy, every additional increase will be A+, A++, A+++, etc. This indicates how many +10% we add to the base A of 70%.]

Megami healed herself and summoned a large boomerang to her hands. Calling out, she let the boomerang fly. Two Spikeys were claimed by the weapon, before it missed the others and returned to Megami, dissipating in her hands. The loss of half their number breaks the Spikeys' pack tactics.

Her barrier came up as the center and west group descended upon her. Warrior took the chance to feint over to the east group and begin carving up paper dolls. Both strikes hit home and shred the dolls into deletion.

One of the Swordies sees this and signals to the Spikeys to go support the east group as the two Swordies and the west group attack Megami. The two Swordies thrust out with their blades, extending them to longsword range. However, their aim is off and Megami is not hurt. The PulseBat from the west group releases a sonic screech as the two Powies jump over Megami. The screech passes right by Megami, missing her as the Powies turn into giant 10-ton presses and drop on her. Their aim is just as bad, and they fall around Megami, smashing the ground around her until it crumbles into a pit. Megami's barrier flickers to half strength as one of the shockwaves from the dual impacts strikes her before she falls into the pit. The 10-ton presses turn back into fluttering paper dolls again and flutter above Megami. It was only a matter of time before they used Megami's predicament in the hole to their advantage.

The two Spikeys run over and breath fireballs at Warrior. Warrior dodges behind his PulseBat as it tries to screech at him, and misses. The first fireball misses Warrior as he dodges it. The second strikes the PulseBat and Spreads behind it to scorch Warrior. Warrior, however, dodges this Spread also.

-Enemies-
-West Group-
PulseBatA: 80HP

-Center Group-
SpikeyA: DELETED
SpikeyB: DELETED
SwordyA: 80HP
SwordyB: 80HP
PowieA: 60HP [Airshoes]
PowieB: 60HP [Airshoes]

-East Group-
SpikeyC: 90HP
SpikeyD: 90HP
PulseBatB: 65HP
PowieC: DELETED
PowieD: DELETED

-Terrain-
95% Normal
5% Broken

-Allies-
Megami: 100HP [20HP Barrier] [Broken] [Center Group]
Warrior: 85HP [AquaKnife: 4/6] [East Group]

Quote (Terrain)

Broken (Restricted)
A hole in the ground, but not bottomless.
Reverts to Normal after a time, if no-one is in the pit.
Dodges can fail if RP isn't acceptable, doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
Takes 1 to 4 Movement actions to climb back out if you fall or jump in, depending on your mode of climbing out.
This panel type can be generated by Signatures, but only in smaller quantities.
-

"Wow... I didn't think you'd be able t--"

"Megami!"

Jake was cut off by Warrior's shout. Megami seemed to be in an unideal situation, and that took much higher precedence over Jake's usual banter.

His hands were sort of full at the moment though... he couldn't lend any immediate assistance to her, but he could reassure her that he was coming!

"Hang in there!"

Three viruses stood between him and his destination. An unfortunate circumstance for all associated parties. Both arms crossed above his head as in his right hand, he gripped the blue dagger tightly, while in his left, his custom Weapon -- Faith -- materialized in a swarm of blue pixels. His positioning behind the PulseBat Virus gave him an optimal opportunity to assassinate it before it could fly up, down, away, or anywhere for that matter.

As he brought both arms down, he uncrossed them as they passed his chest, leaving behind an almost visible "X" in the air where he had simultaneously struck with both blades. Determination was worn across his face as he turned his focus toward the two Spikeys -- haphazardly neglecting the PulseBat, relying on the probability that his blindsided attack had finished it off.

He watched both of them carefully, taking into account the way he had seen them attack just seconds prior. Waiting for the orange fire in their bellies to illuminate their maw, he'd dive forward onto the ground between the two of them, planning to roll to safety just as the napalm was to be spewed. Whether or not this put him in a better position was yet to be determined -- but it did put him that much closer to Megami, and that was generally his intention for the time being.

Action 1: Buster Attack (10 Damage to PulseBat B (I don't know what the ACC for it is, though?))

Free Action: Precision (Take Aim: Adds +1 ACC to Next Attack)

Action 2: Aqua Knife (DMG: 60 ~ ACC: B (+2) ~ Slashing ~ 3/6 Uses Left) @ PulseBat B

Action 3: Dodge (Dive-roll between both two fire-breathing hounds... and pretend there could be worse ideas)

-
Hang in there? It was a poor choice of words seeing she was inside a pit. She could not hang any tighter!

"Megami-chan!"

The NetNavi's eyes opened as the digital dust had begun to clear from the crumbling sediment. She had not sustained any damage, sure, but the fall itself was enough to knock her off her feet and have her sitting up with her body dusty from the fall. She felt like someone tossed her aside into the trash; an insult to someone of her caliber if she had that sort of pride, but she took her plummet like a baby would falling down after trying to walk for the first time.

"I am fine, Xen-kun." Megami had assured as she stood up, shaking her head free of pieces of the broken terrain, "...but I fear Warrior-san's suggestion may have a flaw in it. If I were to 'Hang in here' I certainly will be in trouble."

There was no more time to talk, as Megami made it clear hesitation was not a good idea.

A shadow was cast over here more ominous than any cloud. With a sudden spin on her heel and lean of her body, she made a short dash and leapt from the pit and reached out for the edge of the panel in one swift motion. However, it would take more than that, and she was well prepared. The moment her hand snatched at the panel's edge, she had lifted her legs with her body still flying forth from the momentum. Her feet kicked off the inner walls of the collapsed hole she was in, and she had attempted to make a less than graceful attempt to climb out of the hole with a pull to distance her from the edge if she could.

"I will not allow you to worry Xen-kun." Her thoughts fueling her passion.

If she could make one quick toss of her body out of the hole, she could even go into a barrel roll and evade the ever looming danger above her head. Megami just knew she just needed to escape this predicament and not be completely helpless to have her partner worry for her.

Not Warrior...and most of all not Xenneth.

Action 1: Climbing... {Megami} (Escape from Pit)
Action 2: Still Climbing... {Megami} (Escape from Pit)
Action 3: Still Climbing and...DOING a BARREL ROLL! (Attempt to Dodge) {Megami}

OOC Notes:

[Note: Busters usually follow the rules of Signature Attacks in regards to base accuracy: A for Shot, B for Melee. This may differ between Moderators, who may also set Melee to A. Also note that giving Slashing to Warrior's Buster will increase the accuracy of Buster attacks by one rank like everything else.

Also note: the accuracy of AquaKnife with Aim and Sword Mastery should be listed as A+ for ease of moderation. If a mod wasn't paying attention, they might not understand the significance of what B (+2) means.]

Warrior drew another sword and slashed the PulseBat in front of him with both blades. The PulseBat was cut in four pieces as the other PulseBat took to the sky. Flying well out of reach by all but the longest ranged weapon.

Megumi struggled to climb out of the hole, jumping up and kicking off the walls. If she just had some sort of claw that was meant to grab hold of things and could dig into the crumbling masonry, she might have made it easier on herself. Nevertheless, she just managed to emerge from the hole and spin out of the way as a Powie plowed straight into the hole she left. The thud of the impact echoed from the hole as the second giant weight attempted to land on Megumi. The ground cracked near the Navi as she scrambled out of the way, leaving behind a cracked panel. Then both Powies turned back into paper dolls and floated up above the panels again.

The two Spikies near Warrior barked a few times before they spat fire at him. He shifted his stance and leapt between them, tucking into a roll. The fireballs flew over his head to scorch the surrounding tiles as he rolled right between them and got to his feet on the other side.

The two Swordies advanced on the scrambling Megami, intent on finishing her off where the Powies failed. One teleported in front of her while the other came up from behind. They lashed out with their blades in wide arcs. Both swords struck true. Megumi's barrier shattered. However, miraculously, she was unharmed.

-Enemies-
-West Group-
PulseBatA: 80HP [High Altitude]

-Center Group-
SwordyA: 80HP [In Front of Megumi]
SwordyB: 80HP [Behind Megumi]
PowieA: 60HP [Airshoes] [Broken]
PowieB: 60HP [Airshoes] [Cracked]

-East Group-
SpikeyC: 90HP
SpikeyD: 90HP
PulseBatB: DELETED

-Terrain-
90% Normal
5% Cracked
5% Broken

-Allies-
Megami: 100HP [Barrier Broken!] [Normal] [Center Group]
Warrior: 85HP [AquaKnife: 3/6] [East Group]

Quote (Terrain)

Cracked (Restricted)
Changes to Broken when stepped on. There is a chance whatever stepped on them may fall in when they collapse.
Attempting to burrow into Cracked Panels will cause them to collapse, dealing 50 Null Damage to the character making the attempt.
Changes to Broken when hit with Break, Impact or Drop attacks over 100 Damage, in addition to panel cracking.
Deals 1/2 Null Damage when used w/ Panel Shot.

Quote (Terrain)

Broken (Restricted)
A hole in the ground, but not bottomless.
Reverts to Normal after a time, if no-one is in the pit.
Dodges can fail if RP isn't acceptable, doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
Takes 1 to 4 Movement actions to climb back out if you fall or jump in, depending on your mode of climbing out.
-
[Gotcha. And that definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in doing sometime in the future then, lol. 'preciate the help]

Warrior immediately spun on his heels after his successful evasion, planning to use the momentum of his roll to fluidly chain into a counterattack. He had felt the warm flames of the Spikeys' shots almost lick his head as he executed the 'stop, drop, and roll' routine, but he'd have to follow it up immediately or they'd have time to move away from him (which was most certainly not what he wanted).

Giving them no time to even shut their mouths after spitting their fire, much less any time for himself to catch a breathe, he twisted his body back around while dragging his water-imbued knife behind it in a wide, crescent-like arc intending to cut through both hounds before they could react!

*!!*

His attention broke away from them at the sound of the loud quakes coming from where Megami had been. Surely she wasn't...

"... "

No. She was still in one piece. It was much to Warrior's relief when he turned around to see her still standing -- but that brief feeling of comfort turned back to distress as she ended up in yet another sticky situation.

He had no time to see the fruits of his efforts against these pups. Megami was surrounded, and if he had to risk taking a few fireballs at his back to help her out, it was a price well worth paying!

"Cactus Ball!"

Swiftly and without delay, Warrior's feet shuffled as he quickly maneuvered at an angle -- lining himself up to Megami and the Swordies on either side of her.

"Battle Chip!"

He had one shot at this, and it was the best he could offer her for the time being. There was little time to close the gap between Warrior and his targets, so he felt no despair as he parted with his Aqua Knife. It deteriorated into green digits that scattered into nothingness -- soon to be replaced by a more viable (given the situation) weapon.

"In! "

As the green ball began to form from a rubix-cube-like clump of data above him, Warrior's eyes locked onto their target and the panels between them illuminated with neon-green energy, as if lighting the path for this cactus head to follow.

"Download! "

The Solar Panels solidified their state -- as did Warrior his stance, and the CactusBall its being. Catching the ball with one hand as it dropped from its spawn, he reared it high above his head, behind his body, wasting not even a second to wind it up for the throw.

" Incoming! "

That was Megami's warning to get out of the way -- if the Swordy behind her (that is, the closest one to Warrior's current position) were to evade, she'd be the next thing in the ball's path, and that certainly wasn't ideal.

As the word left his lips, Warrior's arm dropped like a guillotine and slugged the spikey ball onto the neon path before him.

The CactusHead cracked each panel with the impact of its bounce, and each panel propelled the ball forward, causing it to gain speed and power from each hop it made. Spinning like a buzzsaw, and sounding no different than one, the flying green orb threatened to eat through the Swordy at Megami's rear, but more than eager to continue on to the next one as well if the initial target were to take notice of it in time and manage to step away.

Action 1: Aqua Knife (DMG: 60 Aqua ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 2/6 Uses Left) @ Spikey C

Action 2: Aqua Knife (DMG: 60 Aqua ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 1/6 Uses Left) @ Spikey D

Free Action: Swordplay (Dodge: Warrior adjusted his position slightly to be inline with Megami and Both Swordies)

Free Action: Precision (Take Aim: Adds +1 ACC to One Attack)

Free Action: Set Solar (Solar Zone: Creates a line of Solar Panels extending from Warrior to SwordyA)

Action 3: Cactus Ball 1 (DMG: 40 Wood ~ ACC: B ~ Ground ~ Damage Doubled from Solar Panels. Hits between 2-4 Times) @ Swordy B || +5 HP to Warrior (Solar Panels)

-
Megami had literally rolled straight into trouble. As the Swordy viruses blades struck, the attacks were nullified by Megami's faint aura. None of her defensive guarding techniques would have been any helpful even if she did throw an elbow or palm up to intercept, nor did it change the fact that she was in trouble being in the position she was in. Her eyes narrowed as if she was a lioness ready to pounce, but between herself and Xenneth, she knew it was a faux intent of intimidation. The determination was there, but nothing to back it up.

"Megami! Hang on!" Xenneth cried, "I-I'll find something!"

Truth be told, "something" was another way of saying "he had no clue!" Just before Xenneth could clear his throat and let out a cry of a suggestion for a defensive measure, he was alarmed...but yet relieved hearing a loud cry.

"Incoming!"

Sure, it was nice to see a large massively growing ball of spikes rolling towards the enemy. However, he was in the path, and the fact the path was colored in a bright shining solar light was a clear warning if not the cry. Seeing that Megami was surrounded from back to front, and the battlefield was hectic. Xenneth panicked!

"Left? Right?" he asked as he looked to his satchel. His eyes widening as he said noticed a combination of two certain chips, "Yes! Megami! Up!"

"Up?" The NetNavi asked puzzled at first.

"Up! Battle Chips in, download!"

"Oh!" Megami was quick to catch on as her memory could go back to her earlier battles. There was a nutty Pulsebat virus that they met and it was quite annoying. There was only one way to get it down. Megami, like now, recalled herself materializing the cannon on her right arm in its grid-like silhouette. She placed the cannon's rim perfectly flushed towards the ground and sealing all space between it and the terrain. The female NetNavi kept herself bait for the Swordy viruses until the very last minute and...

BOOM!!!

The female NetNavi had let out a burst of the cannon round intending to let it send her flying skyward. There was one more battlechip loaded in Xenneth's arsenal, and like before she intended to use it on a certain group of terrain pounding viruses. She had to admit, the Powie paper thin viruses were annoying, and they seemed to riddle the terrain with continuous cracks and fissures. With a kick of her foot, Megami had threw her legs over her head as she straightened her body out to be right-side up and her right arm stretched outward with a small capsule formed grid coming over her hand and her right palm pointing towards the viruses. A small bulb was collapsed, but directed to her targets.

"Shotgun! Go!"

With a cry like a battle hardened Valkyrie, the crack of the shotgun's launched sounded like lightening as the small bulb burst outward in a surging stream of energy. She was not too concerned with her most likely rough landing at the moment. She was too busy trying to clean up the field and have one less problem to herself and her partner that had come to her rescue.

Action 1: Cannon [Knockback] {Megami} (Blow Megami into the air)
Action 2: Gain Momentum! {Megami} (Take Aim @ Powie A)
Free Action: Buff! [10 DMG + Lv to Chip] {Megami} (+13 DMG to Shotgun)
Action 3: Shotgun [[color=limegreen]63[/color] DMG + Spread1] {PowieA|B}

OOC Notes:
Warrior sliced up the Spikies as they tried to breath fire at him. But the nimble Navi and his water sword were too much for them and they were extinguished, having not struck a single blow.

Warrior then turned to help his ally. He ran forward toward the center group just as a giant bat descended from the sky to give him an earache. But the sonic scream missed.

Warrior activated his Set Solar and filled 1/3 of the battlefield with solar panels, creating a zone that extended to Megami and the other viruses. It also filled in all the holed and cracked panels, leaving only pristine solar panels. Warrior capitalized upon the newly formed path by throwing a cactus ball at one of the enemy Swordies. Megami, alerted to the incoming projectile, pointed a Cannon downwards and blew herself into the air and clear of the attack. The rolling ball grew twice as strong under the solar radiation and struck the Swordy in the back, twice. The Swordy and his sword were converted into junk data in the blink of an eye by the massive spiked bolder.

Warrior gained some healing from absorbing the same solar radiation.

Meanwhile Megami was in the air. One of the paper dolls ran right into her. POMF! It was like being struck by a pillow. But the mid-air collision altered her course and sent her spiraling down to the ground. Where the Swordy waited. It pointed its sharp sword skyward and stabbed at the rapidly approaching Megami. Much to its dismay however, the second Powie attempted to attack Megami also. POMF!

The Navi was sent hurtling away from the Swordy. Being knocked around by these two flying pillows also threw off her aim, and her Shotgun hit nothing but empty air. She smacked into the ground with a loud thud, but surprisingly no physical damage. Her pride however...

Oh, and the Swordy appeared nearby with its sword aimed at her.

-Enemies-
-1/3 Solar-
PulseBatA: 80HP [Near Warrior] [Solar]
PowieA: 60HP [Airshoes] [Solar]
PowieB: 60HP [Airshoes] [Solar]

-2/3 Normal-
SwordyA: 80HP [Near Megumi] [Normal]

-Kill Tally-
SpikeyC: DELETED
SpikeyD: DELETED
SwordyB: DELETED

-Terrain-
66% Normal
33% Solar

-Allies-
Warrior: 90HP [Solar]
Megami: 100HP [Normal]

Quote (Terrain)

Solar
Heals Elec Elementals for 5 HP per action.
Adds 100% Base Wood Damage
Wood Elemental attacks change Solar Panels to Cracked Panels.
Deals Elec Damage + Stun when used w/ Panel Shot.
-

Jake's brows raised and eyes widened as he saw the series of events unfold. That was twice in a row that Warrior actually managed to surprise him with a successful chain of actions. Maybe that navi deserved a little more credit than he often gave him.

But his praise would have to be delayed. There were still targets to eliminate, and it would require the utmost of awareness from the both of them to do so efficiently.

Once again, Warrior was faced with the decision to either focus his attention toward the enemy nearest him or to turn his back toward it and help Megami instead, risking an uncontested shot to his blindside. His eyes sparked with a fire of rage as he watched Megami hit the ground and the Swordy approach. It was clear which option he intended to take. This recurring decision would always be met with the same response.

"Shotgun! Battle Chip In! Download!"

A large, cylindrical buster formed around Warrior's outstretched hand and forearm as he took aim at the Swordy standing beyond Megami.

"Megami!"

He was about to tell her to roll out of the way so that he didn't risk putting her in the line of fire, but instead, his eyes assessed the situation as his mind put together another plan.

"... "

Directly behind Megami was the Swordy, from Warrior's point of view. And directly behind himself was the Pulsebat virus. With slight repositioning... Yes. He was gonna try this!

He quickly cast his gaze back to Megami's direction as he finished the sentence he began just seconds prior.

"Tell 'Xenkun' to send you that Shield Chip we just got! And get ready!"

Having faith in his ally -- turning his back to a foe as proof -- Warrior trusted her to have faith in him as well by reflecting the incoming friendly fire.

"Guard1! Batte Chip In!"

As the next Chip's Data was coming in, Warrior took aim to Megami -- intending to give her enough time to put up her shield, but not wanting to wait for so long that the Swordy behind her would have the time to strike. He wanted to use the spreading blast of his shotgun to hit that target as well, hopefully temporarily throwing it off balance while Megami was occupied co-operating.

"Download!"

Warrior knew he had less than half a second for what came next.

If Megami assisted him, and if his slightly psychotic plan played out as perceived, her shield would fire back at him with a ray flying much faster than he could move. Luckily, his distance was a small one to cover in such a short period of time.

As the shield's data began clumping together on his arm, Warrior slid underneath the nearby PulseBat to reach the other side. Mid-slide, he began raising the barely-formed shield so that at the end of his maneuver, when Megami's counter-ray was expected to strike through the PulseBat and toward Warrior, his Guard1 would catch that beam and fire another one back in the returning direction: through the PulseBat, Megami (though he was hoping she'd evade this one too), and the Swordy.

It was a crazy idea at best, maybe even slightly greedy. But he'd seen what Megami was capable of and he knew that he could trust her. Whether or not there'd be any hard feelings after the risky improvisation would be a matter to worry about later, because if this succeeded, if it payed off, then the amount of faith they had in one another would increase tenfold.

If their trust in each other had the chance to show it's strength with potentially spectacular results, then the mere chance of success would far outweigh the possible consequences of its failure.

And at that point in time, Warrior was banking really hard on that concept.

Free Action: Precision (Take Aim: Adds +1 ACC to One Attack)

Action 1: Shotgun (DMG: 50 Aqua ~ ACC: A+ ~ Spread1) @ Megami / Swordy A

Action 2: Feint (Warrior slides behind PulsebatA, Classic MegaMan style, keeping himself inline with it, Megami, and SwordyA)

Action 3: Guard1 (1 Hit Shield ~ ACC: S ~ Reflect (up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack) On Hit ~ Negated by Break. Ignores Impact ~ Blocks Debuffs)

-
Megami was dazed but not hurt. Even for Xenneth who watched, he felt some sort of pain actually as he winched upon impact, almost wanting to dive right into the computer screen and help him up with his own hands if he could. The violet haired boy worried so much for her; he would forget that she was a NetNavi at times. However, the Swordy that approached Megami made him weary of his thoughts, his mind focusing back on the impending danger at hand as he was still in mid-battle.

"Keep calm!" He thought to himself with a breath, and an urged hand that thrust into his satchel, searching for a Battle Chip. The sound of Warrior calling Megami's name was not any better as he was shuffling through his collection of chips trying to find something that would allow her to counter the Swordy's own weapon.

"Bamboo Kinfe? Pulseblast? Guard...wait, Guard?" A suggestion from Warrior amidst the battle. He was not even sure why he suggested such a thing, but Megami's head picked up showing she was conscious, and her eyes seeming to set upon Warrior with a clear expression that went with it. Not even Xenneth knew what she was thinking at the moment as he simply held the battlechip, worried for her safety, but also worried about what a stranger was suggesting.

"B-but...how..."

"Xen-kun!" the voice of the female NetNavi called, "Go!"

Hesitation went out the window as the sudden shock of hearing Megami cry out an order shattered his world. Xenneth's right hand thrust the chip into the loading dock of his P.E.T. "Guard! Battle chip in, Downloaded!" he confirmed as Megami pushed her body up from the ground with a heave. She hoisted herself upon her knees, not having time to get up. With way her body was low with her in such a position, the Swordy virus was in more than favorable position to execute her with a low sweep to her neck if it wanted to.

The neck of the angelic NetNavi twisting as the corner of her eye view could catch a glimpse of the virus, or even so the blade if it would even swing and not play with her. Her right eye was trying to catch a glimpse as she turned her head to the very same way, and that same eye widened as a powerful force risen from deep within her aiming to repel the sharpest of blade as an aura had begun to form.

However, she was uncertain if her safety measure could make it in time.

Action 1: Recover... {Megami} (From a nasty fall that is.)
Action 2: Guard1 [Reflect up to 60 DMG] {Warrior}
Action 3: Divinity Aura [40-HP Barrier] {Megami}

OOC Notes:

[Note: You both may wish to add more description to both your RP and your Summary in the future. This is a complicated maneuver and I am not entirely certain of all of the targets involved beyond some basic notation. And Megami didn't display any raising of the Guard1 battlechip in her RP post. In the future please make a note of that in the RP post. Otherwise some mods will assume you have uploaded the chip but have not activated it. You may use an action to upload a chip in one Turn, but hold on to it and activate it for a free action in a later Turn.]

Warrior brought out a Shotgun and took aim at his ally, lining up the Swordy behind her. He also made sure the PulseBat was behind him. Megami heard his call of warning and put up her Guard1 to protect herself. Warrior's Shotgun blast rung out and struck the shield full on, reflecting the damage back in a beam of piercing energy. Warrior turn and sprinted in the opposite direction, sliding underneath the PulseBat and putting up his own Guard1. The beam struck his shield and returned back towards Megami.

Several things happened in the blink of an eye. The PulseBat was struck by both beams, both from the front and back, and was deleted in a flash. The Swordy slashed his blade at Megami but missed just before it was struck by the second reflect. Megami was also struck by the second beam before she could get her barrier up, halving her health in a single move. Also Warrior absorbed a little more Solar radiation and topped off his health.

Unfortunately, the two Powies that were outside the beam's path dropped upon Warrior after the daring maneuver completed. Even with the fact that the Navi was performing the daring feinting-slide, the heavy weights still didn't miss, plowing right into the ground around him, damaging him, and causing the panels to crack around the Navi.

The heavily damaged Swordy also looked quite angry.

-Enemies-
-1/3 Solar-
PowieA: 60HP [Airshoes] [Near Warrior] [Cracked]
PowieB: 60HP [Airshoes] [Near Warrior] [Cracked]

-2/3 Normal-
SwordyA: 30HP [Near Megumi] [Normal]

-Kill Tally-
PulseBatA: DELETED

-Terrain-
66% Normal
23% Solar
10% Cracked

-Allies-
Warrior: 50HP [Cracked]
Megami: 50HP [40HP Barrier] [Normal]

Quote (Terrain)

Solar

Quote (Terrain)

Cracked (Restricted)
Changes to Broken when stepped on. There is a chance whatever stepped on them may fall in when they collapse.
Attempting to burrow into Cracked Panels will cause them to collapse, dealing 50 Null Damage to the character making the attempt.
Changes to Broken when hit with Break, Impact or Drop attacks over 100 Damage, in addition to panel cracking.
-
[I guess that was a little risky... I'll have to work on that in the future. Although, it's interesting to know that you can upload a Battle Chip prior to using it...]

His plan had essentially succeeded, but with heavy consequence. And while the Swordy wasn't deleted from the Shotgun's spread and the second Guard's reflection as intended, they did manage to eliminate the PulseBat virus.

"No! "

Warrior lost focus when he accidentally struck Megami with his shield's counter attack.

"Warrior move!"

As the anvil-like viruses fell from above, Warrior found no time to evade or even brace as they decimated the ground around him. The sound of the heavy metal slamming into the solid surface of the ground left a ringing in his ears louder than the PulseBat's screech, and the pressure generated near the point of impact - where he was standing - would have crushed him were he not at his full power before hand.

"Warrior! "

This navi had shown so much promise. There was so much potential Jake saw in Warrior that he never spoke about, but all of it felt lost by a single mistake. He felt his heart skip a beat - maybe a few - as the debris concealed Warrior's body from sight.

Relief overwhelmed his spirit when he saw Warrior scrambling out from the middle of the two massive viruses. He was trying to reach the Solar Panels - Jake could tell - to gather more energy from them.

That was a close call.

"Warrior..."

He looked badly damaged. Bruises covered his skin while his clothes were torn in several places. He was holding his arm tightly, too, as if it had actually been crushed by one of the viruses.

He needed to recover... but there was nothing Jake could do about that.

He cycled through his remaining Battle Chips. Only two left.

"... "

As Warrior continued dancing around on the Solar Panels, trying to avoid being smashed again by the viruses, Jake's eyes constantly bounced back and forth between his Mole1 and RageClaw1 Battle Chips. Neither of them were what he needed right now!

"... "

"Jake!"

He'd never felt so indecisive before! He felt... useless right now.

Warrior was able to make lightning-quick decisions in the middle of combat, but Jake was stuck here puzzling between two simple decisions, and his navi was being put in more danger the longer he hesitated.

"Jake! "

"RageClaw! Battle Chip In! Download!"

Warrior couldn't recover, and he probably couldn't fight right now. But he certainly couldn't hide. The Mole1 would be less effective in this situation.

Warrior didn't put that RageClaw to immediate use, however. As the weapon materialized on his hand, he kept it there until he had a more opportune moment to attack - Jake's hesitation had led to him missing his last opportunity.

His eyes couldn't help but glance quickly at Megami to see how she was handling her situation... but they quickly returned to the Flappy viruses.

He couldn't bare the reminder of what he'd just done to her. And that guilt is what really kept him from attacking when he had the chance to.

Action 1: Movement (Onto Solar Panels)

Action 2: Dodge (Preparing to evade if Flappies attack)

Action 3: RageClaw1 (Uploaded for Free Use next turn)

-
The Swordy virus was one thing she had to worry about as she had hid behind the shield and gazed at the incoming blade, but the other was the incoming bright light that had shone itself upon her cheek. She lifted her eye gazing towards the incoming beam, only being able to watch horrified as she was yet to be able to bring up her faint aura. She drew breath as if a frightened child would as the next moment, a powerful energy swept across her area leaving a thunderous roar in its wake.

"Megami-chan!"

She was left in a scorched piece of the battle field, and slowly she was pulling herself up in a heap. There was a brimming energy surrounding her, but coveting her was a riddled amount of battle scars, ingrained dirt along her pixelated skin, and some out of place beautiful chestnut brown locks of hair. To make matters worse, Megami could look back seeing the Swordy virus's expression being slightly different as if it was enraged...upset.

"Megami-chan! A-are you okay?!" Xenneth panicked. He knew they should not have tried anything like that! It was too risky, and for a moment, he thought he lost his NetNavi that he had just gotten for school only weeks ago! There were still few enemies, but it seemed like at this point, their "partner" would get her killed if anything.

That's when Xenneth thought, maybe they could log out?

"W-we can..." he begun to say, "You don't...ah!"

Xenneth's words changed after his pause seeing Megami take a stance. Amongst his weary thoughts and worried mind, she had seemed to take a stand upon hearing his hesitant words, and even more with her brimming fists, ready to fight. She had turned a shoulder, both to the virus and to her partner's side of the battle field as her hands begun to brim with a faint light that moved like the dancing tendrils on a flame. Lifting her right hand to the Swordy virus, she had prepared herself.

"Yes, I agree Xen-kun," she finished for him, "I don't have to quit! We can still win!"

That's not what he was going to say, but among a battle, he found it hard to admit that seeing how she believed.

"Xen-kun, send me a sword, please?"

The violet haired boy snapped out of his bewilderment and reached into his satchel with haste. He was not certain about using a Sword-Battlechip right now, especially with Megami's strength dangling in the wind. However, he kept following her wise judgment, forsaking his own once again. She seemed so confident after all, apart from him as he was shaky even while he slid the Battle chip into the P.E.T and loaded the data.

"Done! BambooKnife Battlechip in, download!"

Megami dashed forth quickly with her BambooKinfe, planning to close in on the virus. Her left hand was armed with a brimming aura she concentrated and molded it into a brimming green essence. Megami who aimed to take advantage of her previous folly from her and her partner's tactic, swept her blade aiming to parry any attack, or even destroy it in one blow if she could. Her right arm raised her weapon as she aimed to prepare another slice once more after a twirl around the virus's body. This was all while she was holding onto the brimming energy from her left hand.

"This should do it..."

Megami glanced over to Warrior as she thought this. Even as she was trying to keep up with her footwork and amateur swordsmanship skills, she was focused on her partner's health seeing he had no defenses, unlike herself. Raising her left arm, Megami whipped up the concentrated aura as it flew skyward like a piece of cloth, and started to fall down upon Warrior's location, intending to recover him slightly.

They both needed to come out of this in one piece!

Action 1: BambooKnife [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] + Slashing (Use 1/6)] {SwordyA}
Action 2: BambooKnife [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] + Slashing (Use 2/6)] {SwordyA}
Action 3: Divinity Recovery [Heal 30 HP] {Warrior}

OOC Notes:
Chatty Ditz: I'll bite that bullet. Sorry about the iffy-details Azu. That's what I get for rushing. This should be better. Sat down with a glass of wine for this one.

Megami managed to slay the Swordy virus with the first slash from her BambooKnife before it could swing its sword. The virus' angry visage faded quickly to junk data before her eyes. Allowing her to turn around and heal Warrior unimpeded.

Meanwhile Warrior managed to get back onto some Solar Panels from those that were damaged by the Powies. He then started dodging them as they came down on top of him. He managed to ward them off and was unharmed. His health restored by a combination of Solar radiation and Megami's magical healing abilities.

-Enemies-
-1/3 Solar-
PowieA: 60HP [Airshoes] [Near Warrior] [Solar]
PowieB: 60HP [Airshoes] [Near Warrior] [Solar]

-Kill Tally-
PulseBatA: DELETED
SwordyA: DELETED

-Terrain-
66% Normal
23% Solar
10% Cracked

-Allies-
Warrior: 100HP [Solar]
Megami: 50HP [40HP Barrier] [BambooKnife 5/6] [Normal]

Quote (Terrain)

Solar

Quote (Terrain)

Cracked (Restricted)
-

A warm green aura descended over and embraced Warrior after Megami had cast it, fully revitalizing his body. His wounds were washed away as the aura enveloped him and he felt the strength return to his injured arm.

"... "

Was this a sign of her forgiveness? Warrior hoped it was, but he knew he didn't deserve it. He knew he didn't.

That only added to the guilt he already had from hurting her in the first place... but he channeled that guilt into rage as he raised both fists in a fighter's stance. Three long claws were protruding from each knuckle, soon to be intruding into each virus if things went as intended.

Fueled by the anger he held against himself, he thrust both fists forward - side by side, wrist to wrist - prepared to separate them instantly if he managed to stick the first Powie. The paperdolls seemed fragile enough to tear apart earlier; he assumed that as long as he managed to attack it before it went into its heavy-weight form, he could do the same with this one.

His head turned to the second Powie as he finished his lunge, signifying that was his next target. But he didn't pounce on it immediately.

It was much more mobile in its light-weight form. If he attacked instantly, there was a chance he could miss.

Instead, he hesitated for just long enough to match whatever movements it made - if any - and stick closely to it for a slash from his left claw, followed up immediately by a slash from his right.

Viruses seemed to have a knack for surviving his less graceful attacks or managing to get a last hit in before dying. While he wasn't fully prepared for this, he was aware that it was unlikely for them to have been dealt with completely after that, so Warrior kept on his toes for any further retaliation from these two.

Free Action: Rage Claw 1 [Uploaded Last Turn] (DMG: 40 ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 5/6 Uses) @ Powie A

Action 1: Rage Claw 1 (DMG: 40 ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 4/6 Uses) @ Powie A

Free Action: Swordplay (Dodge: Keep in Melee Range of Powie B)

Free Action: Precision (Take Aim: +1 ACC to One Attack)

Action 2: Rage Claw 1 (DMG: 40 ~ ACC: A+ ~ Slashing ~ 3/6 Uses) @ Powie B

Action 3: Rage Claw 1 (DMG: 40 ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 2/6 Uses) @ Powie B

-