The Divine Quest

"Well..."

Xenneth folded his arms as he went into thought. He looked to the screen of his P.E.T. Megami was healthy, he was not sleepy, and so far it seemed that the two was learning a lo-...well, something from Jake and Warrior. To be honest, this was probably one of the first times he communicated with someone who was not Megami and actually understood him to some extent. To log out now meant they most likely would not see each other until they happened to be walking around in ACDC Net or passing each other on some street a year or two by coincidence, right?

Was it bad that he did not want this little adventure to end?

"I can keep going, Xen-kun!" Megami said happily as Xenneth picked his head up from deep thought. "If you are worried about me, I can assure you that I will be just fine."

He was not worried about Megami, but rather, he was thinking selfishly. However, he did not let her know that. Xenneth had just smiled, nodding his head, and looked back to the screen to see Jake and Warrior on the display. "Well, Jake-san, we can keep going. I really want to scale more of the area since I'm finally getting the hang of this...virus-busting, thing. So, if you'd like, you can run to the store. I am sure me and Megami can keep Warrior safe until you get back."

He insisted with a weak smile saying, "So I guess I will be up a little longer."

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: -----
Current Attire: Default GMO
Chatty Ditz: ---

"Sounds like a plan. Warrior, I'll upload a couple chips incase more viruses decide to pop up, but in the meantime, try not to irritate these two too much while I'm gone."

"Psh. Megami and Xenkun love me to death. We're like, best friends."

"Right... I'll be back in a bit. And thanks by the way, guys."

An Aqua Knife Chip and Guard1 were uploaded into the PET before Jake got up to leave.

They were held on standby for now, but if the worst were to happen, Warrior would be able to activate the chips if he really needed to.

"Soooo what do you wanna do now?"

He sounded like a kid that was visiting a friend's house for the first time.

Had he ever been anywhere without Jake before?

"Uh...well..."

Xenneth was not sure how to answer that. It was not often that he had the change to participate in a hangout session between two NetNavis. If anything, it was pretty dull and uninspired. Gazing at the screen, there was an awkward silence that trumped any other he had ever experienced in his life: that moment when he wanted to talk to a girl, the one time he was flirted with and mistaken for a beautiful woman: you know, high school stuff. But no, there was no silence like this silence: less tense, more dull!

"I-I guess...we wait?" Xenneth added, his best solution he could come up with...at the time.

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: -----
Chatty Ditz: Short post, at work late.
Note to Mod: Requesting for Battle 8 when ready!

"That's the most boring idea ever!"

Well there was no discretion about Warrior's feelings, it seemed.

"Let's see where this road leads. I bet there's a bunch'a cool stuff just waiting to be discovered down it."

Well, more cool than the remains of dead viruses and fallen trees, at least.

REQUESTING BATTLE #9

(1/1 Post made with Jake gone... 5 Months Later =X   )

((Battle 8 is where we're up to, but either way, welcome back!))
(+2fxp)

Not content to patiently await the return of his operator, Warrior decided to go looking for trouble and, being the good friend she was, Megami followed. What they stumbled upon was a peculiar scene indeed.

In a large, open area ahead of them, there looked to be some sort of throw-down going on between a group of six swordies, who were spaced out around what seemed at fist like a pile of overly large plush toys, who in turn had their back to a surprisingly large mound of traditional, perhaps even stereotypical picnic baskets, all jumbled together in a pile. why the large teddy bears were trying to hard the assortment of lunch-time hampers was every bit as uncertain as why the swordies were trying to stop them, but either way... it was a strange sight.

Of the six swordies, two of them seemed to be co-ordinating the attack, and each bore a small insignia of rank on their respective helmets, while opposite them, standing on top of the mound, one Teddy stood in defiance, looking a fair amount more grizzled than the six on the ground. the top of the pile seems to have the largest baskets, and the lead-Teddy grabs one, hurling it hard at one of the swordies. It misses, sailing past their attacking line, to land close Warrior's feet as he approached, before springing open and sending sandwiches and neatly bottled spreads in all directions. Neither side seems to have actively noticed Warrior or Megami just yet, caught up in their conflict.

-=foes=-

Swordy-N EXA: 90Hp [Left side of the Pile]
Swordy-N EXB: 90Hp [Right side of the Pile]
Swordy-NA: 60Hp
Swordy-NB: 60Hp
Swordy-NC: 60Hp
Swordy-ND: 60Hp

Teddy Ex: 140Hp [On top of the Pile]
TeddyA: 100Hp

Teddies form a ring around the pile of baskets, while the Swordies form a second ring around them.

-=Allies=-

Megami: 100HP
Warrior: 100HP

-=Terrain=-

All Normal

-=Objects=-

Big Pile O' Picnic Baskets: At ground level, small baskets are 10Hp each, and can be grabbed out of the pile with ease. Towards to top of the pile, larger baskets are 20Hp each, and can only be grabbed by someone actually on the pile. The pile of baskets will not exhaust, unless everyone gets excessively basket-happy.

-=Battle 8, Start!=-
"Oh my goodness!" Of course Xernneth only needed a second to gather his breath and sound like a broken record that would defile the English (Electopian in his case) language, "O-M-G! O-M-G! O-M-G! Those bears are being assaulted!"

With the keen observation skills of a new born pup and a squealing voice that screamed justice, of course this was what Xenneth observed. Seeing the sight of the Swordy viruses gain around the bear looking viruses was enough to cause a great distress. With a bias that would put any squealing little girl to shame because of his adoration for cute stuff, Xenneth appalled by what he had seen. Megami, the loyal friend that she was, became quick to act as she rushed forth along the terrain as she threw caution into the wind.

"Xen-kun! Use We shall use the Fire Burn!"

It was only mere seconds that Xenneth reached in for the Fire Burn Battlechip. His sense of justice for all things cute and huggable was ignited like a blaze deep within him. In a matter of speaking, that very form of fire had appeared on the battlefield with a whip of Megami's right hand that was glowing and encased in a grid of lines as thin as a wire. From her open palm and within the array of lines, there was unleashed a powerful blaze that streamed forth from the right side of the attacking line of viruses. Her movements were quick, without much planning, and so she did not try to line up her formation, but her intention was clear as far as getting the attention of the viruses at herself.

"E-excuse me..." her intention all too clear as she stood with her right hand free of the grid of lines and a friendly smile on her face as that same hand waved, "I am very sorry, b-but my name is Megami and...would you please not attack those teddy bears? It is causing my friend, Xen-kun, great distress. Thank you!"

Her bow was as swift and naïve as the next idiot who even thought of trying to catch someone's attention with a hand full of fire. With that, Megami lifted her head slightly, a single eye opened as she checked to see if her please of mercy was heard. Even if not, Xenneth was hot on his heels as after a little nervous laugh, he had begun to load a battlechip to be used in the female NetNavi's defense. A single raise of her arm would show she would have a shield to her aide if the viruses tried to be forward with an attack, and any further aggression would be met with a quick escape as a hole was readying to open up with one press of a battlechip.

"...I sometimes wonder how we get in these situations." Xenneth said with a frown, pressing the Mole Battlechip into his P.E.T. and awaiting to see how the viruses would respond.

Hopefully, with some understanding.

--------------------------------

Passive Signature: Burst Aura (Generate 20-HP Barrier) {Megami}
Free Action: Buff! [(10 + LV) Damage to one Battlechip] {S} {Megami}
Action 1: FireBurn1 [[color=limegreen]66[/color] Fire Damage (Line(3))] {A} {Swordy A|B|C|}
Action 2: Reason? [Draw attention to self...politely!] {Megami}
Action 3: Guard1 [Reflect up to 60 Damage (Piercing + Line Attack)] {S} {Random Attacker)}
Action 4: Mole1 [Conditional Burrow/Submerge (1-Turn)] {S} {Megami}

OOC Notes:
Now Listening To: "Emergency" by the Artist Paramore (Battle Theme)
Chatty Ditz: Ugh! Hope I haven't gotten sloppy!

((It was confirmed by Sage in the Chat that I could use my Lv5 Upgrades in this fight. Also you're sharp as ever Div -- no promises on my part though >.o

Oh and thanks for the welcome back! xD Buuut it looks like I'll be departing again on Friday. Shouldn't be gone for more than a couple of weeks this time though. Duty calls.))

"I'm back!"

"Dammit."

"What?"

"What?"

"... Eh, whatever. Upgrades incoming Warrior."

~*Vroooooooooooom!*~

White spikey earpieces materialized over each of Warrior's ears, then a black visor came out of them and closed in front of his eyes. Streams of white data spiraled around his body and appeared to speed up as the 'vroom' noise grew to a higher pitch.

Informative data began flooding Warrior's side of the visor. It was far too much to process, yet somehow his eyes were able to record it all as it scrolled through all of the updates he had just received.

"All right then..."

A shining white cross burst into existence just in front of Warrior at eye level. It slowly lowered it self and floated toward its chest, but the light hadn't yet faded to reveal what mineral it was made of.

"A Jewel Necklace?! God Jake, couldn't you have chosen something... manlier?!"

"Quit your whining and just use it! Aqua Knife incoming."

~*Ching!*~ ~*Ching!*~

Two Aqua Knives?! Warrior held both arms out to the sides as the chip data came in. He didn't have time to fully receive them before Megami had made her introduction, though... so he'd get to see how that turned out before making his move.

- -- --- ---- ----- ---- --- -- -

Action 1: Jewel Cross ([[size=50]Provides a Random Pendant to a chosen target[/size]] Properties [[size=50]10 HP (Light + Equipable)[/size]] || [[size=50]An RNG is used to determine the Pendant created, using the list below as reference[/size]] ~ 3 CD) @ Warrior
------° [1 - Rose Quatrz Cross of Mobility] (Pendant provides a Free Movement Action for 1 Target every turn)
------° [2 - Topaz Cross of Life] (Pendant Restores 15 HP to a single target, once per turn)
------° [3 - Ruby Cross of Power] (Pendant provides a +20 Strengthening effect, once per turn)
------° [4 - Emerald Cross of Protection] (Pendant creates a 1-Hit Shield, once per turn)
------° [5 - Sapphire Cross of Concentration] (Pendant provides two free Take Aim actions every turn)

Action 2: AquaKnife (A) (Uploaded for free use next turn)

Action 3: AquaKnife (B) (Uploaded for free use next turn || *Warrior owns two copies of this chip)

-
((Resolved))

As far as polite suing for peace went, Magami's opening negotiations consists of a blazing line of fire that happily chars through two of the swordies surrounding the pile. Needless to say, talks break down quite swiftly. One of the ranked swordies looks over to the pair, and calls something in unintelligible viral talk, leading the two remaining normal swordies to break off from their assault on the mount of baskets and make for Megami and Warrior instead.

Megami raises her shield while Warrior... accessorises. His cross glows brightly, and the colours slide through a broad spectrum, before settling at last on a pal yellow topaz, which begins to pulse with a faint warmth, offering restorative energy to him. There's nothing for it to heal at the moment, but one can never be too careful, after all.

The Teddies continue to hurl baskets at anyone even remotely in range of their pile, while the two more powerful swordies continue their assault, teleporting and slashing. Comically, neither manages to hit anything, and the baskets thrown at them all miss in between AreaGrabs. Unfortunately, Megami and Warrior are also included in the volley of 'stay away' baskets, and though Warrior dodges the rather large one hurled in his direction, Megami lifts a shield to the smaller one directed at her. The resulting recoil sends a beam of energy right back at the Teddy that hurled the tasty projectile, though in truth it didn't hurt him much.

Perhaps she was feeling mortified at, albeit accidentally, striking such a cute critter, but a moment later, the ground opens up and swallows her. This is actually quite a fortunate event, since that is the moment that the two swordies blink up to her position and swing their blades. With Megami burrowed beneath ground, they both hit nothing but air.

-=foes=-

Swordy-N EXA: 90Hp [Left side of the Pile]
Swordy-N EXB: 90Hp [Right side of the Pile]
Swordy-NA: DELETED
Swordy-NB: 60Hp
Swordy-NC: DELETED
Swordy-ND: 60Hp

Teddy Ex: 140Hp [On top of the Pile]
TeddyB: 100Hp
TeddyC: 100Hp
TeddyD: 90Hp
TeddyE: 100Hp

Teddies form a ring around the pile of baskets. The two Ex swordies pincer the pile, while the two remaining normal swordies are near Megami.

-=Allies=-

Megami: 100HP [20Hp Barrier][Burrowed]
Warrior: 100HP [Topaz Cross: Heal(15) once per turn]

-=Terrain=-

All Normal

-=Objects=-

Big Pile O' Picnic Baskets: At ground level, small baskets are 10Hp each, and can be grabbed out of the pile with ease. Towards to top of the pile, larger baskets are 20Hp each, and can only be grabbed by someone actually on the pile. The pile of baskets will not exhaust, unless everyone gets excessively basket-happy.
"I have a feeling that those viruses don't care who side we are on."

The picnic basket hurling bears seemed to not care about who their assault hurt in the process. In the midst of the action, Xenneth had taken one battlechip in particular from his satchel after seeing Megami dodge the viruses. Not a very skilled net battler, the boy was not one for trying to overestimating his skills, so he only took one Battle Chip to slot into the P.E.T thinking he could at least have Megami take the viruses in a sword fight.

"I am sending the Bamboo Knife, Megami-chan!" he declared, "Battlechip in, downloading!"

The female NetNavi leapt from the hole with a single spring of her step. With her right hand swinging upward as she ascended, Megsmi attempted to cleave the Swordy virus on the right side of the hole from the bottom up. She hoped her surprise attack was successful, but that thought was just as quick as her movements when she set her sight on the second Swordy virus. Faint vapors of her bursting aura followed as she swung out her right arm in a spin aiming to strike the second sword-wielding virus after the burrowed hole closed up. She made an elegant spin showing she was not the swiftest swordswoman, yet she was graceful as she spun on her heel attempting to dance out of the way of any incoming attacks and quickly countered with one more sword slash.

"Keep it up, Megami-chan!" Xenneth cried, "We should be able to get the last of those viruses attacking those poor bears."

Adamant to his cause, Xenneth stayed to his previous goal to rescue the teddy bears from oppression, not caring whether or not they would gain a word of thanks...or at least a soft, cuddly hug.

Free Action: Buff! [(10 + LV) Damage to one Battlechip] {S} {Megami}
Action 1: BambooKnife [[color=limegreen]76[/color] Wood-Slashing Damage] {B} {Swordy N-B}
Action 2: BambooKnife [60 [color=green]Wood[/color]-Slashing Damage] {B} {Swordy N-D}
Action 3: Twirl [Dodge an attack...with elegance!)] {S} {Megami}
Action 4: BambooKnife [60 [color=green]Wood[/color]-Slashing Damage] {B} {Swordy N-B}

OOC Notes:
Chatty Ditz: -----

(I've returned! Sorry to keep ya'll waiting. Also just pointing out that Warrior's Max HP is 120))

Looks like the Swordies were the primary targets. Jake chimed in just as Warrior made preparation to leap into action.

"You chose Topaz?"

"... I thought it was gold."

"..."

"..."

" Anyway. That one enhances your longevity pretty significantly, so you can take more hits."

"Oh, great, because I didn't want an upgrade that would, I don't know, prevent me from wanting to take pain."

"Well if you didn't suck at dodging attacks, maybe I would have given you a more offen-"

"A more offensive what? Jewelry?! I'm a man, Rayner, I don't wear girly necklaces!"

"Alright, fine. I'll bring you some earrings next time."

"Youuu... they'd better at least match."

"Ofcourse. And even matching shoes."

Perfect. Megami would love such gifts of adornment. Giving them away for free would teach Jake to buy feminine crap for him; he did it as a joke, he knew it.

With that argument out of the way, Warrior sprinted toward the left side of the pile to cross swords with on of the larger, "commander" swordies. Strangely enough, his Battle Chips didn't load preemptively like he had planned for them to, so he couldn't take advantage of the lack of the delay he would have otherwise had.

Not giving the virus a chance to plan for a reaction, Warrior dove forward with both knives straight out infront of him, literally planning to plunge through Swordy-N EXA with his entire body while its attention was devoted to everything else that was happening with Megami and the bears.

Successful or not, he rolled out of the way immediately upon hitting the ground expecting imminent retaliation from some nearby source, namely the virus if it had survived, or at the very least a flying basket from the king of the mountain. Warrior bounced to his feet after the roll; the Topaz Cross had given him noticeably more energy than he was used to having. It may not have been the lethal power up he was hoping for, but being able to function in peak condition also had its perks.

Now whether or not he could maintain that peak condition amidst all these possible sources of damage was his next milestone to cross.

Action 1: Movement (Close in on Swordy-N EXA)

Action 2: AquaKnife (A) (DMG: 60 ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 5/6 Uses) @ Swordy-N EXA

Action 3: AquaKnife (B) (DMG: 60 ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 5/6 Uses) @ Swordy-N EXA

Free Action: Swordplay (Warrior has a Free Dodge after using two consecutive Slashing Attacks)

-
((Made a small error with Warrior's HP, but it has now been fixed. Both pulses of the cross, and taking no damage this turn have now restored him to full))

Clustered around the spot where Megami disappeared, the Swordies look about, glance briefly at one another, then turn away to look for different targets. They weren't really the brightest of viruses, after all. Before either of them can actually teleport, though, she springs her attack, popping up again suddenly to rake her knife cleanly through the first of the pair. He second strike goes wide, but the third slash successfully cleans up the second sword virus.

It's a fortunate thing that she felt the need to dodge and twirl, however: though the intention might have been to evade errant sword strikes, her movements carried her out of the way of a hastily flung picnic basket instead. A second one made contact, crashing against her barrier with formidable impact, sending an assortment of sandwiches and jams flying in all directions. The barrier gives out under the impact of the basket, leaving Megami to catch the third bright, frilly lunch pack in the chest (-10). This one showers the area with fluffy scones and cream as it bursts open. The teddies were flinging their baskets with great force, and with the two swordies around her gone, most of those focused on that group seemed now to only have Megami in their death-by-picnic sights now.

At the same time, more around the side of the pile, Warrior makes a bee-line for one of the boss swordies. Neither seem to be paying attention to him at the moment; they were both fixed on the elder Teddy a the top of the hill. As Warrior runs, two of the other Teddies notice him approaching the pile and fling baskets in his direction. One misses by a fair margin, while Warrior manages, barely, to avoid the other as he runs.

He makes it to his target and makes a pair of quick slashes, but only the first connects; a moment later, the Swordy teleports, and his second strike hits only air. The swordy has, in fact, teleported directly up to get in the boss-Teddy's face, driving its sword directly at it and punching a cut clean through one of its shoulders before pulling its blade free. The second commander blinks into sight directly behind the bear, sweeping its blade wide, so as not to hit its ally.

The battle-scarred bear seems less wounded by this than one might expect, and it lets out a furious roar, grabbing bodily a hold of the swordy in front of it, lifting it up, then slamming it down hard against the one behind in an impressive teddy suplex that sends more baskets and individual escaped lunch-debris tumbling down the sides of the pile. Throughout all of this, Warrior's cross continues to glow, topping off his health and really looking very pretty, if I must say.

-=Foes=-

Swordy-N EXA: 15Hp [Next to Teddy Ex, on the pile]
Swordy-N EXB: 75Hp [Next to Teddy Ex, on the pile]
Swordy-NB: DELETED
Swordy-ND: DELETED

Teddy Ex: 105Hp [On top of the Pile]
TeddyB: 100Hp
TeddyC: 100Hp
TeddyD: 90Hp
TeddyE: 100Hp

Teddies form a ring around the pile of baskets. The three Ex viruses are duking it out on top of the pile.

-=Allies=-

Megami: 90HP [Barrier Broken!][Standing back a short way]
Warrior: 120HP [Topaz Cross: Heal(15) once per turn][Near base of pile]

-=Terrain=-

All Normal

-=Objects=-

"Rats."

Well, he managed to cut into it at least, instead of completely missing like he's done in the past. But this opened up for a better opportunity now that the Leader Swordies had weakened the bear; he could probably stand toe to toe with it after he'd cleaned up the other two. A loud whistle from Warrior tried to steal the group's attention as he stood at the bottom of the pile, taunting the Swordy that had just ran away from him.

"Hey Lancelot! Where ya goin'?! I'm not done with you yet!"

He was flailing his arms as if making a snow angel, clearly trying to indicate that "he was right here".

Yet much to their deception, he actually wasn't "right there".

His decoy continued flailing his arms, trying to steal their attention for just long enough that he could teleport behind the trio and score a few easy hits while they were distracted.

~*SLISH!*~ .... ~*SLING!*~

Now behind the Leader Bear and both Leader Swordies, he lashed out at the wounded one first, Swordy-N EXA, then followed up quickly with his other Aqua Knife to get a stab at the other Leader Swordy.

To avoid leaving himself exposed, Warrior slid down the back of Picnic Mountain to the southern base of the pile, anxious to see the fruit of his efforts, but not reckless enough to keep himself in harm's way.

Action 1: Teleport Juke (Teleport [Behind Teddy Ex / Swordy-N EXA / Swordy-N EXB] + Decoy [Taunting said viruses] ~ 3 CD)

Action 2: AquaKnife (A) (DMG: 60 ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 4/6 Uses) @ Swordy-N EXA

Action 3: AquaKnife (B) (DMG: 60 ~ ACC: A ~ Slashing ~ 4/6 Uses) @ Swordy-N EXB

Free Action: Swordplay (Dodge: Sliding down the pile of baskets, back near the base)

-

"These are some very angry bears!"

Xenneth stated the obvious while Megami brought up a barrier while moving about. She kept close observation trying to keep her reflexes in-tune and ready for any more of the following attacks from the viruses. However, she felt this was excessive. To be of no harm, but to be completely assaulted by a bunch of cuddly animals? Also, Xenneth seemed so determined to help them! She could not simply delete them, especially if they were just trying to protect themselves and their treats.

She had to find some reason!

"E-excuse me, bears!" Megami cried out loud, "We will not hurt you! We have only come to help!" she had cried out loud.

However, this was not the idea situation to simply be yelling out claims to want to bring the peace and love. The female NetNavi stayed well aware of her surroundings, stretching her legs apart, and ready to dodge and roll if need be. Even as she prepared to move her body in a quick reaction, she had rid herself of her sword, placed her hands before her and cried out with her hands together to amplify her voice.

"Could you please stop?" she exclaimed, "We have no reason to fight you. We have only come to get rid of those mean sword-things that attacked you!"

Whether it was a valiant plea for peace that was a success or simply a cry that would fall on deaf ears were on the viruses. However, with the look in Megami's eyes, she had a worrisome expression that was nothing short of pure dread at the thought of having to hurt them.

Action 1: Dodge [Dodge dem' Pic-a-nic baskets] {B} {Megami}
Action 2: Reason [Call for a Bear-Truce!] {B} {Megami}
Action 1: Dodge [Avoid delicious food] {B} {Megami}
Action 4: Talk [Offer to overthrow Swordy Tyranny] {B} {Megami}

OOC Notes:

Having successfully suplexed one armoured foe into the other, the grizzled king of the hill rolled over and came up slashing fiercely at the more hale of the two, growling and roaring in an incoherent rage as it further mauled the advanced swordy. The ignored one, still shaking itself off from being slammed, made a wide sweep at the bear that failed to do more than ruffle his fur, but came a hair's breadth from also slicing Warrior as well, as he teleported into close range.

The momentary distortion of him phasing in saved the swordsman from the blow, and before anyone else could react, he plunged his knives with swift efficiency into both of the sword viruses, depleting the remainder of their HP and causing them both to begin crumbling into junk data. Then, in an action that left the elder teddy more than a little confused and disoriented, quickly vacated the basket pile without another word.

While Megami refreshed her defences and sued for peace, Warrior's decoy, though he had been mocking and taunting the remaining swordies, had nevertheless drawn the attention of several of the other bears, three of whom hurled picnic baskets at the loud and noisy disturbance. Two missed, but the third connected, exploding in an unpleasant mess of goey potato salad, that thoroughly covered the poor decoy, before the illusion was dispersed from the net.

The other two bears around the base of the pile had been turning to assist their boss with his rivals, but now seemed equally uncertain in the face of their sudden dispatching, especially since the assailant didn't stick around. They looked to their leader for guidance in this confusing matter, and the scarred bear turned about on the pile, looking first at Warrior as he returned to the base of the pile, the towards Megami, calling out from the side-lines. He growled warily, then after determining that neither of them seemed to actually be making a move on the hoard, let out a more or less neutral sounding huff and dropped down to sit more comfortably on the pile of baskets, beginning to poke his nose into the nearest one to see what it contained.

The other bears followed suit, with most of them giving Megami and Warrior wary glances as they relaxed. They weren't exactly friendly, by any stretch of the imagination, but at the very least they didn't seem to be feeling directly hostile towards the pair any more. A slightly uncomfortable truce reigned, for now.

-=Foes=-

Swordy-N EXA: DELETED
Swordy-N EXB: DELETED
Swordy-NB: DELETED
Swordy-ND: DELETED

Teddy Ex: 105Hp [On top of the Pile][Non-Hostile]
TeddyA: 100Hp [Non-Hostile]
TeddyB: 100Hp [Non-Hostile]
TeddyC: 100Hp [Non-Hostile]
TeddyD: 90Hp [Non-Hostile]
TeddyE: 100Hp [Non-Hostile]

Teddies form a ring around the pile of baskets. The Ex Teddy is king of the hill.

-=Allies=-

Megami: 90HP [20hp Barrier][Standing back a short way]
Warrior: 120HP [Topaz Cross: Heal(15) once per turn][Near base of pile]

-=Terrain=-

All Normal

-=Objects=-

-=Battle 8 ... Concluded=-

Rewards:
Warrior: 450z, Sword, 2Fxp
Megami: 450z, Sword, 2Fxp

Quote (Sword)

Damage: 80 + Slashing
Accuracy: B
Description: Creates a sword made of solidified energy, with a very short blade. Hits one target per slash
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 6 swings.
Element: Null

((Payout is light on, sorry, because I can only realistically give you rewards for the Swordies, in this particular case.))

"Thank you for participating in our Holiday Chip Event!"

That's what the e-mail said the moment Megami had picked up the data and got a good distance away from the bears. Her right hand reached out as she accessed the screen hearing the electronic voice. Xenneth, lifting a brow, had taken in a breath realizing just what this message was actually.

"I remember this!" Xenneth exclaimed, "I think we did this event last time! We get to trade a chip I believe!"

Megami beamed a smile hearing Xenneth excited. It was rare.

The violet haired boy had went through his library of chips in his satchel. There was one in particular that he was not exactly fond of. Maybe because it was rarely used since Megami had a wonderful healing ability? Taking the Recover30 Chip, Xenneth had slotted it into the P.E.T. loading it into the E-Mail's chip-trader slot and e-mailed it. The reply was so quick that he wondered if the guy who was running this was even human.

If he wasn't, it wouldn't be a surprise.

"Hmm? This chip is new! Wave Arm level one?" he asked, "I guess I will have to thank Shur..."

He paused.

"Shuryi?"

That didn't sound right...

"Sherbert?"

He totally forgot the name of the show owner. It was humiliating considering he was holding the P.E.T. with the e-mail.

"Uh...n-nevermind...h-hey! Are you okay, Jake-san? Sorry if me and Megami couldn't do much! You guys...really handled those sword viruses...but I guess that's no surprise." Xenneth, a bit ashamed that he did not have the synchronicity of Jake and his NetNavi Warrior, had lowered his head with his tone to follow. Megami, oblivious to his feelings at that moment, still had a smile as she was impressed with her and Xenneth's achievements so far if anything.

OOC Notes:

-

"Us? No, we just took out the leaders. You guys handled the rest much better than we could have -- you did a great job!"

A Burner Battle Chip came to Jake from the same E-Mail Event that Xenneth had gotten the Wave Arm from. He put it in his collection for now; that'd be a useful one to keep on hand.

"Soooo..."

Warrior "smoothly" made his way over to Megami's side, crossing his arms, lifting his chin, and closing his eyes, trying his darnest to give off a "cool" vibe.

"Did you see how I moved so quickly behind those sword viruses that it looked like I teleported? And how I slid down the pile of picnic baskets like I was surfing?"

One could say he was arrogant as ever, but really he just never got tired of Megami's enthusiastic compliments whenever he did something "cool". He'd developed a sort of craving for those compliments now, so it was obvious that he was trying to nudge for yet another one.

"I thought it was pretty cool."

His dazzling topaz amulet glittered fabulously as he stood there in his "I'm so awesome" pose, not entirely aware of how silly he looked with that thing on (and not entirely remembering that it was even on to begin with). Meanwhile, the bears could enjoy their food as they watched the humerus would-be "romance" scene unfold before their very eyes.

Cooldown Tracker:
-- Jewel Cross (2/3)
-- Teleport Juke (0/3)

Equipment Tracker:
-- Topaz Cross (10 HP)

-

"Yes! I did!" Megami beaming a smile once more to Warrior, "But I have one question?"

Once again, Warrior's words feel on deaf ears. Not so much as she did not hear him, but yet, she was not sure how to comprehend his movements and composure. Looking him over after asking the question, Megami noticed his physique, his posture, and even the way he folded his arms while standing with a since of bravado. The female NetNavi was unsure if there was something wrong or he was always like this.

"...are you okay?" she asked before lifting her right brow, "...is it...as they say in Xen-kun's world, 'the gas' that you have?"

*SMACK!!!*

The sound of Xenneth's hand smacking his forehead was audible. Megami's comprehension of was terrible, but it was nice to know she was paying attention and soaking up conversations like a sponge; especially when women were making fun of Xenneth for his own posture.

OOC Notes:

-

"..."

The sad Warrior was sad.

"It's alright Warrior. Maybe if your attitude didn't stink, she'd--"

"You shush, Jake!"

Well there went his pun.

Warrior kept his eyes closed and crossed his arms tighter if such a thing were possible. He could sense the bears laughing and mocking him behind his back.

"It's... not 'the gas'."

Dumb bears.

This was obviously all their fault.

"Let's uh... get away from these teddies before they get feral or something."

He should've stolen one of their picnic baskets while he was at it. That'd show them!

Cooldown Tracker:
-- Jewel Cross (2/3)
-- Teleport Juke (0/3)

Equipment Tracker:
-- Topaz Cross (10 HP)

-
"Oh? The bears?" Megami said looking over her shoulder to the Teddie viruses. She gasped in realization!

"Oh! Yes! I understand!" Megami said smiling warmly to Warrior as she walked away from the scene, "That is fine! Xen-kun did mention that certain men felt uncomfortable around items that are considered "cute" as he said.!" Megami paid no mind to the bears no more as she walked down the path of ACDC's network. A long trek they had taken, but yet she was content to at least be out and about making a new friend.

Even if she was slightly oblivious about his mannerisms, she found them to be very interesting for one of the first NetNavi friends she made.

"Warrior-kun! You have my thanks!" Megami said happily as she strolled ahead, not even giving the male NetNavi a glance, "I have never honestly spent as much time knowing a NetNavi as much as I have you. I must say, it is very delightful!" she said happily.

OOC Notes:
Notes for Mods:: Ready for Battle Nine!

-

((Hurhurhur, using the same joke twice, both here and at MMM. Deal with it!))

"..."

Warrior's face went from super-happy to super-confused in a fraction of seconds.

At first his heart skipped at Megami's compliment, but then he stopped to think... what had she just called him? "Warrior-kun"? Up until now it had been "Warrior-san".

Wait... was her Operator's name even "Xenkun"?! Or did she just tag "-kun" onto the end of his name as well?

... So it was "Xen"? And all this time he'd been saying "Xenkun"?! He was so lost!

"It's been our pleasure, Megami."

Jake chimed in just before Warrior's silence became awkward. Now it just looked like he was shy to respond or something, but he dropped the creepy confused stare and smiled back as he chuckled and continued walking with her.

"Yup. You're quite an interesting character yourself, Megami-kun."

He was clearly quite uneducated in these honorifics, but he smiled as if he knew exactly what he was saying.

Cooldown Tracker:
-- Jewel Cross (2/3)
-- Teleport Juke (0/3)

Equipment Tracker:
-- Topaz Cross (10 HP)

READY FOR BATTLE # 9

-