HighwayMan, peeling out again!

Grinning as the navi scores a heaping helping of zenni, he mumbles "That's what I'm talkin' about". "A big fat score at the end of a quick and easy fight. Thats a real buster's life", he adds.

Reilyn rolls her eyes as she works on getting the chips in order and finding a place for the new one. "Look, if your head isn't too big to walk, maybe you should get movin' on to whatever's next, huh", she comments, not expecting a reply.

Of course her navi wouldn't be the god-damn HighwayMan if he didn't give lip. "Oh my head's plenty big, Princess", he says as he gives his crotch a pat and starts to walk on.

"That's gross. Ugh, your such a child. Maybe I should start callin' you HighwayBoy"

"Hey, know how I'm not one of those navi's with a shitty spandex jumpsuit? Yeah that's because I like things hangin' free under these pants", he says, rather chipper.

Reilyn frowns and says finally "Look, stop talking like that. I get enough of this kind of sh*t from my dad and brother. You, I can actually end you and not have it mean much to my life".

Nonplussed, he navi just grins and says "Atta-girl. I'm just f*ckin' with ya. I gotta make sure you keep spitting fire, Princess. Gotta be on fire to tame me".

Fully fed up with her overly arrogant and inappropriate navi, the operator just stays silent. Which of course HighwayMan takes as acknowledgement or agreement even.

So, that behind them thankfully, the navi heads deeper into the net!

[Requesting Battle 3]
Venturing deeper and deeper, soon HighwayMan would find himself standing in front of a large valley that seemed to stretch forever in either direction, with cracked panels all around it like it wasn't actually supposed to be there. Though before he could investigate or get closer, the air seemed to take on a chill as a large group of ghosts drift up from that giant opening and drift forward, lashing their oversized tongues at him.

Enemies (All enemies on Normal unless specified)
Spooky A: 30HP
Spooky B: 30HP
Spooky C: 30HP
Spooky D: 30HP
Spooky E: 30HP
Spooky F: 30HP

Terrain
40% Normal
30% Cracked (Scattered around Normal)
30% Missing (Behind virus group)

Ally
HighwayMan: 170HP

—Battle 3, Start!—
Finally getting the chips in order, Reilyn looks over the surrounding area through the scratched PET's screen and mumbles "Huh. That's interesting", at the giant valley.

"Oh yeah, sometimes I blow smoke rings when I walk, you like that? That one was an orphan being stabbed. Wanna see another?" HighwayMan said with a wild but amused grin.

"W-What? I meant the valley, and all the cracked panels, not you. It's not always about you, you sick f*ck" the girl replies sharply.

"Aww, but you wouldn't be seein' any of this if I wasn't here, killin' sh*t, huh? Funny how that works" the navi countered, before standing still for a moment and looking around. "Get me some chips, somethin's comin'. He felt a chill and he didn't like to feel chills. He liked to roast enemies and burn everything in sight, if there were aqua viruses or navis around...

With a snort, the girl looked over at the chips and asked "What chips you want?" HighwayMan looked wildly around for the source of the chill, before finally the Spookys showed themselves. Needless to say, the look on the navi's face was one of relief then hatred. "You pieces of sh*t are.. J-just killing is too good for you. Your gonna f*cking beg me to end it" His fists clench and a vein pops out on his head as for some reason he seems to loose his usual casual demeanor.

Seeing him loosing it for the first time, Reilyn blinks and grabs the FireBurn she knows he likes. She pauses a moment then asks "Uhh you alright Highway?" The navi snarls as green flames begin to pout from his eyes and mouth. Smoke trails from his hair and nose as he clenches his fists again and yells in a loud and deep voice, not usually his own "Chips woman. Now."

Startled, she pauses a moment before narrowing one eye in a disapproving squint "Fine as*hole", she grumbles as she starts shoving in chip after chip in no particular order. Meanwhile, the flames creeping out from parts of his body change from green to red then in a large flash fire immolate him entirely, obscuring him from vision. A large, demonic figure steps from the flames moments later.

[Gangster.GMO disabled]

The eight foot tall red oni takes a wide stance with clawed feet, bracing as he throws his head back for a roar. The flaming blaze it calls hair and a goute dance wildly as it lowers it's head back to gave at the spookys. His mouth cracks to grin a wicked grin, revealing rows of sharp fangs and a pair of jutting tusks. Red skin seems to almost burst with thick muscles and the silvery twin-exhaust pipes protruding from the backs of his forearms and calves begin to hiss and bellow.

Chip data fills the beast's mind and he raises his muscled arms above his head. Data materializes into a large pair of wooden logs, each longer than he is tall. His powerful leg muscles flex as he adjusts to the weight. He clenches his claws into the logs, sending splinters flying before blazing flames begins to pour from all of the exhaust pipes. The red flames flash blue as their intensity increases and a moment later he takes off in the direction of the viruses, a deep cackle escaping his lips.

As the flames carry him like jet thrusters across the battlefield, he moves the logs to his shoulders, adding weight to the crashing death he presents. As the flames begin to weaken and expire he thrusts his legs out in front of him, large claws tearing into the ground. He adjusts his arms and legs a moment so the exhaust pipes face the same direction, and with a single blast of fire, they cause the oni navi to spin in midair, sending the logs flying at the spookys, first one way then the other.

As the flames settle down, the navi lands and digs his clawed feet in, he brandishes his likewise-clawed six-fingered hands at whatever is left of his opponents.

1 - Use Battlechip: DashAttack1 (90+Impact+LineAttack5) @ Spooky C

2 - Use Battlechip: RollingLog1 (50+GroundAttack+WideAttack(2)+DoubleAttack, Elem:Wood; 2nd attack requires xtra action) @ Spooky B

3 - 2nd attack of RollingLog1 @ Spooky D
Seemingly at his patience limit, Highway man decided to really crank up the heat and let loose the beast within. Which as it turned out was a large fiery monster that might rival some other bestial spawns hiding in the depths of the net. And once he let out a truly terrifying roar he kicked into action, smashing himself through not just one of those ghosts but slamming through another as well. That's when those burning logs were broad out, and in a barrage of rage and hatred, easily crushed and bowled over several more ghosts. Leaving a sole survivor, which wanted nothing to do with the demon as it quickly dove back down into the crater it'd come from, vanishing on the way down.

Enemies (All enemies on Normal unless specified)
Spooky A: Deleted
Spooky B: Deleted
Spooky C: Deleted
Spooky D: Deleted
Spooky E: Deleted
Spooky F: Escaped

Terrain
40% Normal
30% Cracked (Scattered around Normal)
30% Missing (Behind virus group)

Ally
HighwayMan: 170HP

—Battle 3, Victory!—
HighwayMan: 380z, Recover10

Quote ()

Recover10
Recovery: 10 HP
Accuracy: S
Description: Heals 10 HP.
Duration: Once
Element: Null
HighwayMan snarls as the last Spooky flees back into the hole it spawned from. His powerful leg muscles tense and the large claws on his feet dig into the ground as he pushes after the virus. He stops at the edge of the precipice however, his eyes glowing red with with anger and seeming to leave energy trails behind as his gaze shifts.

He snorts a puff of smoke ahead of him in frustration and spits into the chasm, the spittle sizzling and boiling in the air even as it leaves his mouth. He shouts an echoing roar off into the distance and finally screams "Filth! Sh*t! Return and I'll reduce your very soul to ash!"

Reilyn watches, stunned as the casual, if cocky thug she usually gives chips to becomes a monster. Some sort of manifestation of hatred. After robbing navis earlier she always thought 'highwayman' had a double meaning but she just didn't get this. Highway to hell or something, she pondered. Watching her navi begin to pace back and forth, listening to him curse and spew hate, she finally said "H-Highway? Grab the goods and lets get-". "Silence wench! Do not presume to order me. All are to bow to me. Yours is the greatest honor of being my servant and weapon-bearer."

The girl blinked. She was speechless. She even blinked a second time as the oni looked as if he was going to continue his prattle. It was time to get something strait right now. "Shut the f*ck up and listen, you freak". She seemed almost at her own boiling points as she continued "You work for me, not the other way around! I give the chips, I buy the upgrades-", she sputters for a moment as she claws around her mind for something final, something fitting of the anger she had right now. Finally she snorts and adds "Oh yeah and legally? I own you. Your my property. Piss me off and I'll just yank the battery or finish off this junky PET."

The oni seemed to be simmering down, taken aback by someone holding their ground against what had previously been an infallible might and presence. After she spoke his anger cooled down further, the blazing red glow in his eyes going out, leaving coppery orbs once again. He isn't exactly sure what to say or do for a moment, and as his bravado is about to generate some off comment or remark, Reilyn cuts him off again.

"I wonder if navi's die. Maybe you'll just... cease to exist", she mumbles with a morbid twist to her voice and a cracked smile to go with it.

The navi takes a step back from no one in particular at that last statement. He doesn't like to admit it but she has him by the balls and they both know it. Completely unsure how to deal with any of this, he does what any sensible monster would do, he runs and hides.

The red flames pouring from the top of his head and his chin sputter and become green. His eyes flash with a green pulse and small flames shoot from them for a moment. when it clears, the copper globes are gone and more regular eyes, with yellow irises are back. The beast bends down and holds his head, giving a final snarling grown as green flames erupt and consume him. When things finally cool down and the flames are gone, they seem to have taken the majority of the oni's mass with them. In it's place is his more 'normal', and preferred form, the regular HighwayMan.

[Gangster.GMO loaded...]

"W-Whoa. I'm back. What the hell happened", the navi sputtered. His operator narrows her eyes and says "You know what happened".

"Nope, sorry princess, everything is a blur of red an' pissed off", he says as he cracks a grin and heads over to collect the loot from his recent battle. "Nice, someone just left this here. Think I'll help myself".

The girl opens one of her eyes fully, turning the serious look into one of a confused squint. He was... probably full of sh*t. Right? "C'mon, we just had a pretty serious talk. You were an asshole. Talked a lot of sh*t to me. You really don't remember?", she asks.

The navi scratches the back of his head after he finishes transferring everything to the PET. "Wha? Naw, why would I do that? Your the one holding my safehouse. An' passin' chips an' stuff. Yeah, I talk but I know my place, princess."

Reilyn blinks and inserts a blank chip when prompted, letting silence fill the empty air. As the device returns (with a minor struggle) her new chip, she looks it over and mumbles "Recover 10? Tsk, we got a 30 already". The girl shrugs and places it with the others.

"My place is at your side princess. Were gonna rule the world, remember? Oh and till I get my old power back, a chip's a chip. Filling up the folder alone boosts power a bit", the navi says matter-of-factually as he continues his walk through the net.

The girl starts to say something but pauses to consider the part he said about the chips and folder. She knows her navi is full of hot air so she lets the rule the world part go and just asks "Folder? What do you mean folder?" The navi raises his arms and walks casually, resting his hands behind his head. "Wha'cha mean whaddya mean? Folder. Doesn't seem like a hard word. Thought you were a smart girl, you put stuff in a folder-" She cuts him off with a frown and a quick "I know what the f*ck a folder is. At least one in real life. What the hell is a folder in net battle?"

HighwayMan raises his eyebrows and gives a bit of a shrug "You know, the chips you have setup for me to use. Like preloaded and ready to go". The girl blinks and says "Waitamin, I can preload this sh*t? Instead of having to shove chips into the PET in the thick of things?" He navi winces and bites his lip a moment before responding "Well, not really. Not the way your thinking anyway. You still gotta put em into the PET to load 'em in a fight".

Reilyn scowls as she looks at the small collection of chips covering her bed "I-I still don't understand. Tell me, what the f*ck's the point in setting up a 'folder' ahead of time if I just pop em in from a pile in front of me?" Her navi just gives a small shrug and says "Hey I don't make the dumb rules, I'm just stuck going by em. Besides, like I said, the benefit to doing the whole folder thing is a power boost, and I'll take whatever I can get."

"So.. If all your chips get taken away, you loose power too? I mean more then havin' all your chips gone?" She blinks as she boggles on that one for a moment and mumbles "Sound's like a b*tch. You lie, cheat and steal all the time, why follow this rule?" The navi smirks and tries to look concerned "Aww, little ol' me do all that stuff? Nah, I'm just as much a part of the system as everyone else. I just know a few ways to get ahead. You humans can do whatever you want in your lifetimes but your all skin n' bones and all gonna die one day. Die sooner if you get shot or something. You got rules too you can't break, no matter how good you are at abusin' your own system."

Reilyn winces as she reflects on her recent near bump with death and the terrible results. Her navi takes the silence as acceptance or understanding and mumbles "We ain't so different when you come down to it."

HighwayMan continues along ACDC, looking for trouble or opportunity.

[Requesting Battle 4]
Highwayman, now in cooler looking clothes, strolls down ACDC, ready to get some more skulls crushed, bones broken, data deleted, you know the deal.

And in the backstreets of ACDC, the finest you've got will be the wild ones. The oni rolls out of the way of a coordinated 3 fireball attack as Spikeys come out of seemingly nowhere to maul his skin off!

And it looks like they've got more than wolves. The high-pitched shrieks behind HighwayMan indicate Pulsebats! One turn of his head and HighwayMan can confirm the virus' signatures.

Well well...

-VIRUSES-
-FRONT-
SpikeyA: 90 HP
SpikeyB: 90 HP
SpikeyV: 90 HP

-BEHIND-
PulsebatA: 80 HP
PulsebatB: 80 HP

-Terrain-
100% Normal

-NAVI-
HighwayMan.EXE: 170 HP

-BATTLE 4-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-
Enjoying some silence for a change, the pair are making their way through the net when suddenly he begins to feel heat build. Too fast. He knows all too well what fire attacks feel like and tumbles to the side, hoping it was the right direction... A trio of fireballs zip past his old location and to top it all off he hears the screeches behind him. The navi looks around wildly, trying to size up his foes as Reilyn starts fighting to get chips into the PET. Enough fights at this point has taught her that her navi is more spur-of-the-moment and prefers just whatever, whenever, so it's up to her to think about what chips might be best here. Lots of enemies surrounding him, had to get him out of the thick of things and give him some kind of firepower..

The typical grin on the navi's face lowers into a frown. He doesn't like to be at a disadvantage. He can talk all the smack in the world but he knows he is surrounded by stuff that, his previous experiences in the net has taught him, are all fairly durable viruses for ACDC. He really hated to be unsure and, dare he say, worried? At the very least, keeping on his toes and avoiding attacks was probably his best course of action..

Chip data begins to fill his mind and he grins. Forget planning, action would solve this. Green flames begin to flare from his body and the navi returns to a standing position. "Party time, as*wipes", he taunted as he sprinted forward and the flame covered him completely, making the navi seem like a large, green fireball. His speed picked up and he flew through the air rapidly towards the trio of Spikeys, hopefully wiping at least one out!

As the flames around him die down, the navi lands in a position amongst the viruses. As additional chip data fills his mind, the navi spins and opens both his hands. Flames surge in them and they change shape, one becoming a large gun and the other a sawed-off shotgun. Not wasting any time, the navi unloads them both toward one of the wolves, hoping to finish the thing off.

Though he hopes to be less surrounded at this point, there really was no point taking chances, as smoke and street refuse was starting to build up and obscure his vision and hinder his judgement. Another chip fills his mind and he gives a grin, even as sweat trickles off his brow. "Alright, worth a shot" he thinks to himself. His hands flash and return to their original shapes but extra flames linger upon them for a moment, seemingly just converting some of the mass the chips had given them, instead of releasing it. It looks like his favorite sword and dagger are about to manifest but instead when everything settles down, his hands are deadly foot-long claws, with a coppery chain a few feet long connecting shackles at his wrists.

With a blaze of speed, the navi becomes surrounded in wild green flames, pushing his systems to their limits. In a blur of speed HighwayMan lunges out with the claws, in an effort to grab the Spikey he hasn't messed with yet and hold it as a shield against what is sure to be incoming Pulsebat attacks.

1 - Use Battlechip: DashAttack1 (90+Impact+LineAttack5) @ SpikeyB

2 - Use Battlechip: Cannon (40+Knockback) @ SpikeyV

3 - Use Battlechip: Shotgun (50+Spread1) @ SpikeyV

4 - Afterburner!!
-Use Battlechip: Rageclaw1 (40+Slashing/20+Impacting, up to 6 uses) @ SpikeyA to grab and use as a shield!

[Afterburner: ACTIVATED]
[Rageclaw: 5 uses left]
[Chips used: DashAttack1, Cannon, Shotgun, Rageclaw]

((I'm trying a new little battle-report thingy at the end of my actions to help keep things in order for myself and easier modding. Let me know if it seems like a good idea or pointless?))
Getting all fired up, quite literally, HighwayMan quickly took the fight to the viruses that had attempted to surround him. Blasting forward in a raging green fireball that, as it turned out. Smashed right through two of those spikey beasts, while his sudden barrage of blasts quickly took out the third. Which as it turned out wasn't that great a thing, as it left him standing in the open with no defense against the two bats that both send sonic screams that would probably leave his ears ringing for weeks.(-30,-30)

Enemies
-FRONT-
SpikeyA: Deleted
SpikeyB: Deleted
SpikeyC: Deleted

-BEHIND-
PulsebatA: 80 HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
HighwayMan.EXE: 110 HP
Things seem pretty lonely around him and the navi realizes he has no virus left to grab. "Aww f*ck me", he thinks to himself as he stands in place for far too long. A couple sonic pulses rip through the air and through the navi moments later, taking out almost a third of his write protection in an instant.

He brings his hands to his ears and lets out a "Arrrghh", as the blasts throw his flaming form back onto the ground. To make things worse, the flames pouring from him sputter and die down, only steam and smoke coming from his body as everything enters it's post-afterburner cooldown period. No sir, this isn't good at all.

He wants to flip to his feet. He wants to smirk and wipe out these stupid viruses in an instant but, well, frankly that just isn't happening. Ears ringing, it's all he can do to get up to his feet and to keep his eyes skyward. His ears are ringing, his head is killing him and if he were a human he would surely be bleeding from the ears and nose. Instead, small plumes of smoke trail from the orifices, having the same effect. He winces against the acrid vapor wafting up into his eyes and tries to keep on his toes, as he should have done moments ago, but he had no idea two wolves were going to get caught in his DashAttack.

Defenses hopefully taken care of, or as best as he can hope for anyway, and knowing that his panicking operator is cramming the healing chips into the PET, he knows he has to try and bring them down. Flames surge and form in his hand, becoming a green viscous substance, mingling with the claws he still wields. HighwayMan raises the aforementioned hand and fires off the green burning pitch, hoping to get one of the viruses alite.

1 - [Afterburner Cooldown]

2 - Dodge EX (Speed Type GO!)

3 - Activate Sig: Road Rash: (Cost 60) [Delayed Damage 20Fire/turn (Burn), 3 turn duration; 2TCD] @ PulsebatA

[AFTERBURNER: COOLDOWN]
[Rageclaw: Still 6 uses, apparently]
[Chips used: DashAttack1, Cannon, Shotgun, Rageclaw]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 2]
(Meant to say in the previous modding, but yes I like the idea of you making your own summary and status of the battle, great idea!)

Seeing the high risks he was facing, HighwayMan instead took to a more defensive approach to dealing with the bats as he recovered from the overdrive to his systems. And while his surprisingly quick speed was enough to avoid the bat's next attacks, his own managed to nail one of them, leaving a lasting flare that quickly burned up one of the bats, which released a painful cry at the first flame up of the lingering attack.

Enemies
-FRONT-

-BEHIND-
PulsebatA: 60 HP (Burn: 2 turns remaining)

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
Finding a moment to catch his breath, the navi grumbled to his operator "Pass me the bigger healin' one, Princess". He knew that bat had more time to burn, but as he worked out earlier, all these viruses were fairly tough for ACDC and there was no way it would finish the thing off.

Keeping light on his toes, since that seemed to work in his favor far more often then not, he keeps a careful eye on those damn bats mouths and screeches. The one that's screeching in pain, however is music to his ears. "Aww does it burn? Piece of sh*t", he mocks.

Finally getting the chip data through, HighwayMan's body briefly becomes alite with green flames in the damaged areas, of which there were several. When the flames wash over him and vanish he is left more whole, though all it would take likely was a misstep around one of these bats to go right back.

Though he knows that even the virus on fire likely won't be finished off without some kind of additional prod, he remembers most of his remaining chips are either ground or melee, something the bats are probably going to have little problems with. "Well, shit. Better get thsi started. Pass me the fire", he says as he closes distance with the viruses and gets ready to engage them. At the very least he has to make up the distance he flew with the DashAttack earlier.

1 - Dodge EX (Speed type GO!)

2 - Use Battlechip: Recover30 (Heal 30) @ Self

3 - Movement: Close distance to Pulsebats

[AFTERBURNER: READY]
[Rageclaw: 6 uses left]
[Chips used: DashAttack1, Cannon, Shotgun, Rageclaw, Recover30]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 1]
With one of the bats being damaged, their collective strategy was to just get the hell out of the way. One of the bats still got burned, though, and took a bit of damage for it. Nothing much else happened, and HighwayMan healed a bit. (+30)

-FRONT-

-BEHIND-
PulsebatA: 40 HP (High Altitude) (Burn: 1 turn remaining)
PulsebatB: 80 HP (High Altitude)

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
HighwayMan.EXE: 140 HP (Melee range of bats' former position) (RageClaw 6/6)
Expecting incoming attacks and seeing nothing of the sort but his enemies get to a more tactical elevation, HighwayMan does what one might expect. He gets pissed. "Oh come ON, what the f*ck, you goddamn pieces of sh*t!" He's running out of chips and he knows it and he hasn't got a lot of ones capable of long-range assault, not that he had many in the first place. He tries to stay light on his feet, after all it would be foolish after the damage he took earlier to undo his brief healing so quickly, but can those things even hit him from that high?

Ah, but his eyes suddenly flash with mischief. Finally time for him to try his other new move. "A'ight, fine. Let's see how you like this", the navi says as he raises his clawed hands toward the wounded virus. He hasn't exactly done this before but, the tactic should be sound. Besides, it's not like these things weigh a lot, what's the worst that could happen?

Clawed hands, again still out, the navi yells out "Eat this", before a black, almost invisible ripple of energy launches out from his hands to the sky, aiming quickly for the Pulsebat. Debris, smoke and any other thing in the airspace between them has it's speed drastically altered as the ripple passes by, violently being drawn back to the navi and his awaiting claws. Hopefully the virus would fare no better.

1 - Dodge EX (Speed type go!)

2 - Activate Sig: Throttle EX (Gravity, 1 TCD) @ PulsebatA

3 - Rageclaw1 (40+Slashing) @ PulsebatA

[Rageclaw: 5 uses left]
[Chips used: DashAttack1, Cannon, Shotgun, Rageclaw, Recover30]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 0 READY]
[Sig Throttle EX cooldown: 1]
Starting to grow quite annoyed by the bats, HighwayMan quickly dodged off to the side, escaping a sonic blast from one of them before plucking the second out of the sky and quickly slashed it to pieces before it could even make its own scream as well.

Enemies
-FRONT-

-BEHIND-
PulsebatA: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
HighwayMan lets out a "Yeah!", as his plan works and he scores a kill. "Man, I was worried about that yanking a building or something down on top of me", he says before giving a chuckle. Not wanting to loose his momentum at this point, the navi again makes safety his first priority. That, and he is running out of things to throw at these bats.

As he sticks and moves as he is rather fond of, energy wells within him and manifests as a viscous green flame in one of his clawed hands. He spins to add momentum and fires it off at the last virus, with a "Burn you sonova b*tch" added in for good measure.

"Hey Highway, why are you so mean to everything anyway?", Reilyn asks, finally breaking the silence she has shown almost the entire fight. "I mean, fun is fun but your just-", the girl blinks and pauses to find the right word. "A dick", she finishes.

The navi snorts and flashes a cocky grin "Naaw princess, that's in my pants. Wanna see? 'Got no problem running up and slapping some of these guys with it, if that's what gets you off". He grins and makes a quick pat to his junk, not tarrying long though, he is still in a fight and still trying to actively avoid being hit.

"W-What the f*ck, you-" she struggles against rising bile for a moment. Reilyn clenches her teeth and grumbles "Your f*ckin' sick. Your just like my looser brother or dad".

"Hey, don't blame me, it's a 'guy' thing. Besides, I'm just an innocent little navi, remember? Someone programmed me to be a giant douche, I'm just lovin' it". Reilyn considered that one for a moment and after responding with a snort, decided the navi was 'real enough' and was just making excuses.

Finishing everything up for the moment, the navi uses the last chip he was passed and a flash of green flame passes over his body. Small nicks and scrapes and errors in fragmented data wash away, leaving him wishing it did more, but thankful none the less.

2 - Activate Sig: Road Rash [Delayed Damage 20Fire/turn (Burn), 3 turn duration; 2TCD] @ PulseBatB

3 - Use Battlechip: Recover10 (Heal 10) @ Self

[Rageclaw: 4 uses left]
[Chips used: DashAttack1, Cannon, Shotgun, Rageclaw, Recover30, Recover10]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 2]
[Sig Throttle EX cooldown: 0 READY]
HighwayMan, surprisingly, took the battle in a slow and steady pace. Despite the clash of his usual, fast motif, it was working out great as he dodged the Pulsebat's attack, landed an attack of his own, while mending his wounds a little. The virus was getting irritated by the pacing of the battle and soon acted violent against the lone navi!

Enemies
-FRONT-

-BEHIND-
PulsebatB: 60 HP [Burn20: 2 Turns]

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
HighwayMan.EXE: 120 HP
"A'ite, time to end this sh*t", the navi boasts as he reaches his clawed hands out to the Pulsebat. "Yo, Princess pass the flamethrower", he says as he builds power within himself, a few licks of green flame trailing out of the corner of his eyes. Not trying to be foolish, considering how much these things hurt and how pissed this one is, he keeps light on his feet as best he can.

While she fights to get it into the broken PET, Reilyn just mutters "Could say please or whatever".

Loaded and ready to go, HighwayMan grins and replies to the viewpoint behind him "Me? Be polite? Heh, puh-leese". The flames flash and vanish as as a dark, almost invisible ripple tears through the air from him towards the virus. Gravity distorts and bends in on it's self as it works to bring the virus closer, very quickly. Meanwhile, one of his clawed hands becomes engulfed in flames, moments before he thrusts it outward. He times the maneuver carefully to not catch his own fire in his gravity effect, and instead of sending out a long tunnel of flame at the Pulsebat, he condenses it into a raging blast directly in front of him.

2 - Activate Sig: Throttle EX [Gravity; 1 TCD] @ PulsebatB

3 - Use Battlechip: FireBurn1 (60, Elem:Fire) @ PulsebatB
(Fire Subtype +5 dmg, Used as single-target +5 dmg, looses LineAttack3)

[Rageclaw: 4 uses left]
[Chips used: DashAttack1, Cannon, Shotgun, Rageclaw, Recover30, Recover10, FireBurn1]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 1]
[Sig Throttle EX cooldown: 1]
With a quick shift in the gravitational forces of the network, the navi promptly plucked the bat out of the sky before giving it a sudden helping of well-done cooking, which promptly fried the poor thing to oblivion.

Enemies
-FRONT-

-BEHIND-
PulsebatB: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
HighwayMan.EXE: 120 HP

—Battle 4, Victory!—
HighwayMan: 440z, Heatshot

Quote ()

HeatShot
Damage: 40 + Spread 1
Accuracy: A
Description: Shoots a fireball whose explosion penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Duration: Once
Element: Fire
With a resounding "Hell yeah, f*ckers", HighwayMan cleans up another fight and heads to secure his ill-gotten goods. Though he isn't sure what kind of chip dropped, the likelihood of it either being a fire chip or that sonic blast that ripped him apart are pretty high. "Incoming data and cash, Princess. C'mon tell me what I got, c'mon", he says excitedly.

"Calm down Highway, you sound like your about to start giggling", Reilyn says with a smirk while she slides (with minimal struggle) a blank chip into the PET and lets it copy over. A short sequence later, the chip ejected (again with minimal struggle), and out came a HeatShot, or so the label said anyway. "Uhh lets see. HeatShot. Another fire chip? Cool", she mumbled.

"Oh what was that? 'Couldn't hear you over the sound of me being awesome. 'Think you said something about heat and shot though", the navi said with a big grin on his face. "I f*ckin' love fire chips. Time to burn up the net , lets go", he says as his hands return to their proper form and he begins jogging to find more trouble.

"Jesus, it's just one chip. It's not like you won the game or somethin', calm the f*ck down", the operator grumbles, accompanied with an eye-roll.

HighwayMan gave a chuckle and added "S' ok, you don't get it. When fire chips go through me it feels good, a'ite? And not just the thrill of battle or burnin' sh*t up either. I'm a fire type, it's my thing, like a quick hit of a drug or somethin' with no down. Makes my blood boil".

Reilyn scrunches up her face as she thinks about that one. "I never heard of that kind of thing in school before. Chips that give you a buzz? You sure about that? Maybe your just programed weird".

The navi laughs as he busts into a full run across the net, he can't wait to fry something "Hey, hey, killing is my anti-drug".

A scowl from the operator following that comment and they are silent, as the navi looks for trouble and the operator mulls over the idea that she is helping trouble.

[Requesting battle 5!]
"BAM! KA-PING! TA-TA-TA-TA!!"

As HighwayMan moved through the ACDC network, he heard a man's voice making eccentric noises, but at the same time, having a time of his life.

"1,000,000,000,000 Point special! Go go go! PA-TA! DING DING DING!"

The navi found that the voice was coming over from an abandoned building, an arcade to be specific, complete with a broken sign and nailed down windows. The door was partially open, leading the way for HighwayMan to come in. Inside of the arcade was just as run down as it was outside. There were games of many variety but all of them were unfortunately broken down... Except a small glimmer of light in the corner.

"Little more, little more...NO! NO NO NO!!!"

As the voice rung out, the light had died down, leaving the arcade in eerie darkness. When HighwayMan came close to the source of the voice, he found a plain looking navi on his knees in front of a busted pinball machine.

"*Sniff*...B-but I was so close...Why did it have to break down now, of all times..."

The navi didn't notice HighwayMan's presence at all as he continued to whine and whimper about... something.