HighwayMan, peeling out again!

Yeah, I'm a Highway Star

[From Netsquare]

"Woooo! F*ck yeahhhhh!", a navi cries as he soars through the international net highway, set on his destination of a little network called ACDC. He looked like a green comet, moving at high speed, surrounded in bright green flames and trailing smoke and fire of wildly varying intensity. With his arms held out from his sides, he made a few adjustments and spun to the side, doing a barrel roll and cheering again as the fire trailing him spun into a twisted corkscrew.

Though he is vaguely aware that he is aiming for the part of ACDC that he fought SlowMan a week or so ago, hes moving way too fast and having way too much fun to even be able to spot the net-o-bahn. All too soon though, the road comes to an end and he finds himself drawn downward, guided by a link at high speed to the entrance to the public network of ACDC.

Finally he appears in a flash of light, with wisps of green flame flying off him as he takes form and settles into his preferred, oni-blooded gangster-looking self. He stops, hands on his hips as he looks around idly. He reaches up and gives a hearty stretch of his muscles and as he opens his hands, flashing green flame comes and goes, leaving his favorite weapon in his hands, the katana and knife joined by three-foot chain.

Resting the blade on his shoulder and holding the chain a bit from the knife end, he spins the smaller blade around, more or less just for something to do. He starts walking off towards where he thinks he went the last time, away from the relatively safe and settled area leading to Internet City. "So what's on the menu for today, Rei? Wanna see some more suffering? Maybe help me mug a few chumps?", he asks.

His operator responds using just the voice protocalls, either not feeling like using the camera or not able to. she did almost break her PET over a couple thug's heads the other day. Twice. "I dunno, Highway. Do whatever. I'm a killer, who am I to judge, eh?", she says with a hollow chuckle.

"Tch. I keep trying to tell you your little knife didn't kill the guy, it was him getting shot in the back. Besides, your not dead. Be happy", he grumbles.

"Right. Lets just stop talking about it alright? Anyway, get going. Trouble isn't going to make it's self you know", the girl remarks.

The navi snorts and starts a-walkin', only replying with a mumbled "'Course it does. All the time. I just help it along".

[Requesting Battle 1. Viruses, progs/navis to mug, an awesome race, whatever really]
As HighwayMan moved along the net, looking for some viruses to fight or people to mug, he ran across a strip of fragile floor that momentarily stopped the navi. Luckily, the broken floor wasn't enough to sour the navi's mood when he realized that a group of old, rusty viruses was right across from the cracked terrains.

Spewing out weak embers from their mouths, the Oldstoves took their sweet time to even realize that HighwayMan was nearby and finally readied themselves for some good ol' Navi-to-virus fighting!

-Old and Cranky (Normal B)-
OldstoveA: 50 HP
OldstoveB: 50 HP
OldstoveC: 50 HP

-Terrain-
30% Normal A
40% Cracked (Big area between the two Normal terrains)
30% Normal B

-Running on low-moral fiber-
HighwayMan: 170 HP (Normal A)

-BATTLE ONE, START!-
HighwayMan gave an audable 'Tsk tsk tsk', almost sounding lick clicks as he waves a 'oh no you dont' finger at the viruses. Slow and fire, an oxymoron to the navi who is gonna see just how hot they burn.

"Now Rei, I may be mistaken, since these things get little upgrades all the time, but I don't believe they can shoot past here", he says smugly as he points down at the cracked panels in front of him.

"Okayy.. And?", is all she says, not realizing her navi was just being rehtorical.

"But what fun is that eh? Check this out", the navi says, a moment before bursting into action. He sprints forward, trying to stay light on his feet, there being cracked panels and all. As he nears the viruses however, he leaps up and tries to land atop the stove between the other two.

He fully expects a pair of flaming geysers to fly his way, and that's the whole point, he wants them to cook the middle virus. To that end, the navi keeps an eye on them and always light on his toes, expecting blasts at any moment. Same goes for the one he is atop/near, in case it learned to shoot flames above it.

Not one to just stand around and do nothing in a fight though, HighwayMan summons a glob of blazing green viscous flame and hurls it to one of the other stoves. "Catch, punk", is all he says, with an added smirk. The added kick fron his recent upgrade is noted, though he knows it will take longer to cook up another shot.

1 - Movement (approach middle OldStove (B?) and leap up atop it)

2 - Dodge Ex (Speed type go!)

3 - Activate sig: Road Rash (20fire/turn burn, 2 turn duration) @ OldStoveC

[I forgot to update my sig abilities in my board signature, to be fair I'll keep em nerfed for this fight]
HighwayMan bravely sprinted across the cracked terrain and made his way towards the Oldstove. The old viruses was obviously too slow to react to the speedy navi, but they saw him standing still for a brief moment and took this time to attempt to light him on fire.

The navi's plan to divert the viruses to attack one another worked!...However, possibly because they're old and rusty, only one of them really inflicted any damage on to its own comrade. The middle Oldstove, frustrated and angry, launched a row of flame towards the navi, but that was a miss as well.

This was HighwayMan's time to shine...HOWEVER, as if all the oldness from the viruses rubbed off of him, his signature Road Rash missed the mark by a long shot!!

OldstoveB: 35 HP
OldstoveC: 50 HP

-Terrain-
30% Normal A
25% Cracked, 15% Broken (Big area between the two Normal terrains)
20% Normal B, 10% Cracked

HighwayMan: 170 HP (Normal B)
Though clearly annoyed that his awesome attack missed, things worked out for the most part and HighwayMan ponders. The navi is torn between enjoying himself by showing off, playing with these viruses more, or just moving on to fresh game. Well, maybe a bit of both was in order, he thought as a twisted grin grew on his face.

"Rei, pass me the shotgun, the slowgauge and the claw", he barked out to his operator as he readied to leap into action.

Not expecting orders, the girl just blinked for a moment and looked down at the small collection of chips, suddenly in a near-panic. "Er.. Slow thing.. Uh there! Uhh shot.. No thats a cannon.. Crap, wrong chip and it's jammed. Gimmie a sec here", she rambled on as she tried to operate, fighting with the PET all the way.

Hopefully the OldStoves were too caught up in the fight to see what just may have been a giant sweat-bead on the back of HighwayMan's head, at least for a moment. As some of the chip data he asked for comes through, he gives a sigh as he drapes the slack from his chain over his shoulders and lets the dagger hang loose. The navi holds out a hand towards one of the unharmed stoves. A brief flash of fire comes in and out of existance, only leaving a wisp of smoke as any clue, but a pulse of energy heads the OldStove's way, hopefully having the intended effect. He figured, at the least, the practically immobile virus wasn't going to sidestep it.

As the data from the second chip reaches him, sure enough, he finds it to be a cannon and not what he asked for. Too late to go back now on it, anyway, he figures. That doesn't stop him from griping "C'mon, work with me here. Shot-gun. Say it with me now-". In a flash of flame his free hand is replaced by a bulky metal cannon and he raises it to the wounded virus he is so close to. He continues, saying "Shot", as the blast goes off at the OldStove, hopefully taking it out. He finishes simply by adding "Gun".

"H-Hey, go easy on me, I'm fighting with this crummy PET and I'm still kinda new at all this. Your too fast!", Reilyn counters, the last couple words coming between slaps on the side of the device, finally unjamming the thing. She looks around, trying to find the Shotgun chip, which seems to have flown with the rest when she made the violent movements on her bed.

Meanwhile, trying to hide another sweat-bead, the navi decides it's best to just try and keep a step ahead of these things, keeping light on his feet as he moves a step or two closer to the one he hasn't targeted with anything yet.

1 - Use Battlechip: Slowgauge (Dodge rate down 10% for 3 turns for one enemy) @ OldStoveC

2 - Use Battlechip: Cannon (40+Knockback) @ OldStoveB

3 - Dodge Ex (Speed type woo!)

Sig Road Rash cooldown: 1
Content with simply playing with his enemies, HighwayMan successfully slowed down the Oldstove and fired the Cannon at the other, wounded virus, despite the misunderstanding between the operator/navi. Nonetheless, the Cannon still did the job as the target was deleted, and the rest of the attacks fired towards HighwayMan was easily evaded thanks to his quick speed.

OldstoveB: DELETED
OldstoveC: 50 HP [Slowed!: 3 Turns]

-Terrain-
30% Normal A

HighwayMan: 170 HP (Normal B)
As he sidesteps the virus's retaliatory shots, HighwayMan calls out "Alright Rei, try this again. Needin' the shotgun and rageclaw". Despite the earlier confusion, the girls seems to be getting things alittle more together, as she quickly delivers the requested chips. Cursing can be heard, though, as Reilyn slides out of bed to chase down the shotgun chip that her PET's broken ejection system sent halfway across the room when she added the following chip.

Back in happy net land, however, the navi pairs a twisted grin and sadistic laugh. One of his hands flashes in green flame for a moment then is replaced by a double-barrel shotgun, which he wastes no time in discharging towards the only OldStove he hasn't really messed with yet.

As his hand reverts, the navi firmly takes his favored katana and dagger and holds them in a downward grip as he makes his way towards the virus he slowed earlier. A larger blast of flame passes through his hands as the second chip loads and the navi's weapons and hands change into a pair of large beast claws, tipped with wicked razor-sharp claws, several inches long. The chain that normally connects his katana and knife now connects shackles at his wrists, with about their usual three-feet of slack.

The navi sends a quick slash the virus's way and instead of delivering a second blow, he instead stops with the claws mere inches from the thing's eyes and with a grin, he speaks "You got a choice, hot pot. Either pay up, or die. Some chip data of that sweet fire attack you guys use should do fine".

He brandishes the claw near the virus, raking a couple of the razor-sharp blades across each other to send a harmless spark or two out for good measure. Leave it to HighwayMan to try to hold up a virus.

1 - Use Battlechip: Shotgun (50+Spread1) @ OldStoveA

2 - Use Battlechip: Rageclaw1 (40+Slashing/20+Impacting, up to 6 uses) @ OldStoveC

3 - Extort data from OldStove, stand and deliver!

Sig Road Rash cooldown: 0 READY
The shotgun deleted one of the OldStove with ease, and HighwayMan had no trouble catching up with the other, slowed virus. Attempting to communicate with the senile, and possibly unable to understand human language virus...Or that it was deaf in the first place, the navi made no progress with extorting the virus out of some more rewards.

Instead, he got a blast of fire onto his face in point blank, leaving him no choice but to end the old Oldstove to rest forever...

OldstoveA: DELETED
OldstoveB: DELETED
OldstoveC: DELETED

-Terrain-
30% Normal A

HighwayMan: 155 HP (Normal B)

-BATTLE WON!-
220z + [FireBurn1] BattlechipFireBurn1
Damage: 50 + Line Attack(3)
Accuracy: A
Description: Looses a stream of fire that can penetrate enemies and keep going.
Duration: Once
Element: Fire
Special: Line Attack(3): Attacks up to 3 targets in a straight line.
Enjoying that last slice and dice after the stupid virus blasted him, HighwayMan fumbles around through the leftover zenni and chip data, only mumbling something about 'meant to do that' and 'worked, didn't it?', along with idle cursing.

"Funny how you dodge everything thrown at you then just.. Stare it down in the end? That some kind of 'advanced' battle technique?", Reilyn commented dryly as she popped in a blank chip and let the PET do it's thing. "Your pride is sstill singed a bit, might wanna put that out", she adds.

"Oh har f*cking har har. Laugh it up. I'll remember this the next time you want me to bully some Prog into coughing up snacks", the navi retorts sharply. He crosses his arms and snorts as he resumes his walk along the net, adding "Might 'forget' to kill the metal detector at school one day your packin', eh?"

The girl frowns and narrows her eyes at the navi's back on the scratched screen. She says coldly "You wouldn't dare. You'd get taken from me faster than you could say 'emergency jack out'. That what you want? Start all over again? Or maybe into the trash for good, huh?"

She looks down at the chip she managed to get out of the busted ejection system of her PET finally and says "FireBurn, huh. Looks like you got that flame thing after all. Nothing like some flaming mouthwash to collect chip data, right?"

The navi tries to hold his frown but it cracks into a grin finally as he chuckles and says "Yeah yeah, just watch me put that thing to good use. I love that series. Whooosh!" He accentuates the exclamation with a flash of freen fire sent harmlessly in front of him.

And the navi continues along, looking for adventure, trouble, profit.. Maybe even all of the above.

[Requesting Battle 2. Sig Updated]
Thankfully the deeper into the network HighwayMan got, the ground started to grow less cracked and more solid again, though in the distance he'd spot a glowing green light. Upon heading towards it he'd find it was a glowing green crystal being surrounded and stared at by several viruses. Of course when they saw him coming they quickly turned on him, ready to defend their fascination with their very lives, well three of them anyway, the last seemed far more content to keep hidden behind the crystal.

Viruses:
Bunny A: 50HP
Bunny B: 50HP
Kabutank: 90HP
Shrubby: 50HP [Behind GMD]

Terrain:
100% Normal

Navi:
HighwayMan: 155HP

Misc:
GMD: 20HP

—Battle 2, Start!—
HighwayMan was glad to be done with the messed up terrain, for now anyway, and commented "You'd think no one ever fixes the net, 'way it's all f*cked up everywhere".

Reilyn gave a shrug as she was getting her battlechips in order. "Maybe your in a ghetto. You've seen how messed up my neighborhood is", she suggested.

The navi brought his casual pace to a halt, as he spotted something green and shiny in the distance. "Heey, I think that's-", he started, before spotting the viruses around it. "Ugh. Stupid f*cking viruses", he grumbled, as getting closer made him realise how much of a pain in the ass it was going to be wiping them out without loosing the loot.

"Uhh Highway, what's that?", the girl asked.

"Free data for the taking. Maybe a chip, or zenni, maybe someone's shopping list. Who knows. Worth gettin' though, in case it's somethin' good", he instructed.

"So what are you waiting on? Go rob them, or something", the operator ordered with an impatient tone.

HighwayMan chuckled darkly as he said "Atta girl, we'll make somethin' of you yet". Though he shrugged and added "Not so easy though, that data is fragile. If I or those sh*t-stains hit it, it's gone".

"Pass me the cannon, I gotta try to draw em away. Oh and I wanna try my new trick too", the navi said as he began to circle around to the side of the data, but only a step or two, as he was more interested at this point in not getting hit.

Reilyn slid the chip in and gave the PET a quick hit on the side, seating the chip properly as she smirked and mumbled "Think I'm gettin' the hang of this".

Still mostly in front of the data, the navi raises a hand, and in a blast of green fire, it becomes a green cannon. He knows from experience how hard Bunnies can be to hit, and that's why he's firing off to the side of the green crystal. Better to miss then loose his prize, he figures.

One shot later, the navi mumbles "Say 'hi' to the next time zone, chump", as his hand reverts and power builds up within him quickly. "Peel... Out", he shouts as he thrusts a palm into the air, aimed at the Kabutank. A ripple of force flies to the virus, traveling so fast that it's roar is distorted by a doppler effect.

He raises his hands, manifesting his favored katana and dagger joined at their hilts by a three-foot chain. Pointing the blades at whatever viruses are left.

1 - DodgeEX (Speed type go!)

2 - Use Battlechip: Cannon (40+Knockback) @ BunnyA

3 - Activate Sig: Skid EX (Microburst; 1TCD) @ Kabutank

Sig Skid EX cooldown: 1
Starting off, HighwayMan rushed himself about, and easily zipped and dodged the charged ring the bunnies sent his way. Only to give a follow up with a cannon strike, unfortunately all that moving around threw his aim off and it just zipped by the virus.

Though his second attack was far more successful, and while the tank was attempting to get an aim on the navi, the sudden roaring blast sent a very surprised virus flying off into the distance. Which as it turned out was a bad idea, as the once hiding shrubby virus popped into view long enough to send a large log bounding at the navi, and struck him head on(-10).

Viruses
Bunny A: 50HP
Kabutank: Is blasting off again Thrown out of Battle
Shrubby: 50HP

Terrain
100% Normal

Navi
HighwayMan: 145HP

Misc
HighwayMan sounds out an "Oomph", as the log bowls him over. Though part of him is glad he didn't get nailed by a zapring and slowed down, he's still pissed. "Sonovab*tch", is all he says as he flips back to his feet like some kind of martial artist. Or a complete showboat, at least. He hops in place and shuffles his feet as he resumes the duck and weave from before, trying to make his movement's erratic and unpredictable.

"Pass the new chip. Time for some crispy critters", he calls out as he sprints in a wide arc to the side of the mystery data, getting a clear shot at that shrubbery, and more importantly, in range for his attack. He leans forward and his arms hang back behind him as he runs, holding the blades pointed behind him, the chain almost taunt against the gleaming abs his black vest does little to hide.

Noting his current running style, Reilyn comments "Hmph. You've been watching too much anime". Her navi flashes a grin and with a bit of a smirk and an eye-roll, she continues "Anyway, one burning bush coming up, Moses". She gives the PET a slap and it spits out the Cannon chip more or less on her bed. One quick fight later, the device reluctantly accepts the new chip.

As chip data fills his mind, the navi grins wickedly, showing off his exaggerated canine teeth. His first fire chip flowed into him and man did it feel good. Green flames light up along both his blades as he snaps his arms forward and points them towards the leafy green virus. "Burn you piece of sh*t, burn", he yells out as a gout of blazing green flame leaps off his blades and flies at the virus. It hangs in the air a few moments as more and more fire is fed down the line as the navi cackles gleefully.

Finally coming to an end, he snaps his blades back up into a stance in front of his body, motioning with his dagger-wielding hand a moment to the bunnies. "Flee or die chumps, this is your only chance", he says as he spits on the ground in front of him, the spittle sizzling several seconds before mostly evaporating.

1 - Dodge EX (Speed type GO!)

2 - Movement (Side of MD, to get to Shrubby)

3 - Use Battlechip: FireBurn1 (50+5 + Line Attack3) @ Shrubby
[Fire Type: +5 same element]

Sig Skid EX cooldown: 0 READY
Making a quick flip, and once more HighwayMan was on the move in a rush, zipping and darting across the battlefield, easily once again avoiding the sparking ring as it sails just right behind him. While his own attack came about in a bout of fiery green revenge, that quickly overtook the bush creature, scorching it to bits, but more surprising, the attack happened to catch one of those hopping bunny's by surprise, roasting it as well.

Viruses
Bunny A: Deleted
Shrubby: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Navi
HighwayMan: 145HP

Misc
HighwayMan blinked as one of the Bunnies flew into the line of fire and put and end to it's self. He coughs lightly and mumbles "Uh yeah, just like I planned". He told the viruses to beat it or die and both quickly made their choice, as far as he was concerned.

"No point changin' tactics now. Pass me the heal will ya, Princess?" the navi asks as he bobs and weaves around in a small circle, keeping an eye out for incoming shots from the last remaining virus.

"One heal, coming up. You feelin' alright Highway?" the girl asks in return, a hint of concern in her voice. She gives the PET a quick slap on it's side with the eject button held in and it spits the previous chip on her bed. A moment later she drops the recover chip in, gives it a smack on back and presses it in, almost in a single motion. "I'm totally getting the hang of this", she thought as she smirked.

The navi laughed wildly as a blaze of green flame ignited over his body, his fragmented data and errors quickly vanishing. "Awww yeah! I love that feelin'. Huh? Naw I'm fine, just topping off. This little f*cker ain't doin' sh*t", he comments dismissively as he snorts and looks at the Bunny.

As the flames die down, the navi seems to maintain some of them on his hand, or rather, new ones build up and merge into a viscous green glob which he grips for a moment before firing it off at the last virus. "C'mon, flaming bunny!", he yells out as he hopes the move connects.

1 - Dodge EX (Speed type GO!)

2 - Use Battlechip: Recover30 (Heal 30)

3 - Activate Sig: Road Rash [Delayed Damage 20Fire/turn (Burn), 3 turn duration; 2TCD] @ Bunny B

Sig Road Rash cooldown: 2
Highwayman decides to.... dodge out of the way, or do some acrobatic stunt. But then he heals! That's pretty cool!

Then he commits some highway arson! That's always fun! The Bunny is burned and there's nothing to really say about it!

Viruses
Bunny B: 30HP (20 DMG Burn (2/3))

Terrain
100% Normal

Navi
HighwayMan: 170HP

Misc
As the flames catch the Bunny and start to do their job, he knows he's got this fight in the bag, just a matter of time. "Aww the little sh*t's dead already and just doesn't know it", he says with a sneer.

Still, no point giving the virus a chance to freak out and break his prize. "Let's mop this up, give me a couple chips, don't care whatever", he says idly as he keeps an eye on the virus and keeps on his toes. No point getting nailed by something now.

A couple moments later, he finds chip data filling his mind and the navi takes a moment to aim carefully, around the Bunny's path of movement but not putting the green data in the way.. And there, after lining up the shot, the navi's fist begins to glow with a green energy as he yells out "Hyaaaah!", and punches the ground, sending a shock wave his enemys way!

1 - Dodge EX (Speed type go!)

2 - Aim (To line up shockwave to NOT hit GMD)

3 - Use Battlechip: Shockwave (40 + Line Attack + Ground Attack) @ Bunny B

Sig Road Rash cooldown: 1
Setting the poor bunny ablaze the turn before, HighwayMan could have easily just watched at the little thing really burned itself out. But no, why prolong its suffering longer than needed. So with a quick step he was off to get a better angle on his attack before sending that wave of destruction forth. The bunny, seeing it coming thought it could easily avoid such a slow moving attack, but just as it tried to avoid it, that burning pain returned it, stopping it in its tracks long enough for that shockwave to utterly destroy it.

Enemies
Bunny B: Deleted

Terrain
100% Normal

Ally
HighwayMan: 170HP

Misc

—Battle 2, Victory!
HighwayMan: 180z, RollingLog1

Quote ()

RollingLog1
Damage: 50 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack (2) + Double Attack
Accuracy: C
Description: Rolls a log at enemies. Can hit up to two enemies at once per log.
Duration: Up to 2 uses before the end of the turn.
Element: Wood
Special: Double Attack: After spending an action to attack with this chip, you may choose to spend a second action and attack with it again before the end of the turn.
Note: This chip used to be known as RingLog1

(Open GMD? Y/N)
Everything quickly coming to an end, the navi revels in his victory. "Man, am I good or what", he comments as he strolls over and snatches up his prizes before eying his coveted green mystery data. Sure it could be trash, but it could also be riches. It was a gamble and the HighwayMan was feelin' lucky!

[ [b]Y[/b]esss ]
Stepping up and trying his luck, HighwayMan cracked open that large green diamond, and as a blinding light flashed and quickly started to fade, he'd find resting on the ground before him, a beautiful pile of gold zenny!

GMD Opened
HighwayMan: 900z