HighwayMan, peeling out again!

The navi didn't know what possessed him to wander into the old arcade, but here he was. A quick look later, around the room to make sure they are very alone, and he cracks his knuckles. The thought to just burn the normal navi to ash and sift through the remains for loot passes through his mind. But, well, what fun was that really?

A wild grin crossed his face, and he figured he would give the navi one and only one chance to pique his interest in something before just mugging him.

Reilyn knew that look in her navi's eyes, even through her scratched viewscreen. She grabbed her navi's fire chips and stood by for the action.

By the time he made his prescence known, his signature katana and dagger, connected by a chain were out and reeting casually on his shoulder. "Th' f*ck goin' on here, huh", he asked loudly.
"..."

Even after HighwayMan made himself known, even if it was in a threatening way, the normal navi was silent. He finally stood up and turned towards Highway, not even fazed by the dangerous weapon he was holding. "What's going on here? WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?! I lost the chance of my LIFETIME!" The navi even went on to rudely push HighwayMan's chest with his finger, continuing on with what he had to say.

"That was the last, vintage first edition version of the machine, and it's broken! Utterly broken, far beyond repair! And I was only a thousand point away from the high score...THE HIGH SCORE! PING PING, PLUNK PLUNK!" It wasn't long before the eccentric navi fell on his knee again, drowning in sorrow and regret for one pointless game... Ignoring HighwayMan once more.

Caught somewhat off guard by the navi's behavior, HighwayMan blinks and says "Uhh so, you just say you got it. The machine is toast and by the looks of this place nobody woulda ever come to check this one machine anyway. Thousand points off a, what, billion or something? F*ckun' close enough. Closer then anyone else will ever get in their lives, right? You did it, gratz man". He grins and adds "It took a force of nature, or act of god or whatever, to stop you from rocking that table even further".

His operator also blinked, in disbelief. Was here asshole navi giving someone advice? Did she hear that wrong? Was he just buttering the guy up to rob him? Her hands start to sweat a little as she puts the first chip in the PET but doesn't push it down far enough to load it, just letting it sit in a half-docked state.
"It's NOT about bragging rights... It was NEVER about bragging! I can lie to others, but can I lie to myself?! Not being able to reach the highscore on the only one pinball machine of its kind?"

The navi stood up once more with even more anger in his eyes, looking right at HighwayMan. "You know what? I think this is your fault! Maybe... Maybe if you haven't come in, the machine would've run perfectly till I made the last score!" All of a sudden, the normal navi's appearance slowly began to change as a strange light began to envelop around him.

First to really change was his... outfit. A blue robe with patterned silver spheres placed all over it suddenly appeared over the navi, complete with a wizard hat with the same design. He then summoned a large staff that looked awfully like a pinball machine's flipper, raising it up above his head before he gave the ground a good stab.

"DING DING DING! Welcome to PinballMan's domain!"

In a blink of an eye, the old arcade disappeared and it was replaced by the bright, neon lit room with strange, yet authentic art of an overly muscular man riding a horse with a woman on one hand and strangling an elephant with the other. With constantly blinking lights and strange contraptions hanging over their heads, one would have thought they have simply shrunk and found themselves inside a pinball machine!

"My highscore, my highscore, my highscore! You won't be able to leave until you regret what you've done!!"

PinballMan.EXE: 400 HP

BumperA: 20 HP
BumperB: 20 HP
BumperC: 20 HP

Terrain:
100% Metal

HighwayMan.EXE: 120 HP

-BOSS BATTLE, START!-
Theme to this fight, I'm guessing

Almost beside himself with disbelief, Highway stands and considers for a moment. "Wha? Y-You attackin' me?" It's not that the idea is alien to him, but going crazy over a pinball game.. Well, who cares, he planned on mugging the guy anyway, now it was 'self defense'.

"Alright, you wanna piece of the Highway? Your gonna burn, you piece of sh*t", the navi spouts out as he finally takes his stance and smirks at PinballMan. "I bet you knock around metal balls all day 'cuz you don't got none of your own", he mocks as he builds fire within his fire quickly. As he raises one of his blades and almost fires a glob of green flames at PinballMan, Reilyn delivers his first battlechip, causing him to pause and change plans. He didn't know what those bumpers could do but he didn't like them.

Converting the manifested flames instead into kinetic energy somehow, he launches himself with a burst of speed at his foe, but not directly at the bastard, oh no, he is actually lining up the bumpers in preparation for... "Suck this sh*tbag", he yells as a long gout of green flame launches from the tip of his katana directly at the bumpers, as many of them as he can line up and hit.

Not waiting to see the results of his handiwork, now the navi spins around, the last sputtering of flames from the chip whipping around him as he fully forms the viscous, green flames from earlier. Not to appear too predictable, even if the current foe didn't call for such tactics, the navi stomps on the ground hard, sending a chip-generated shockwave towards whatever may be left of the bumpers and most importantly, PinballMan.

Following the flames and flying energy, he finally flings the glob at his opponent, who is now hopefully undefended.

0 - [AFTERBURNER] Movement to line up one or more Bumpers

1 - Use Battlechip: FireBurn1 [55+LineAttack3, Elem:Fire] @ BumperA
(50dmg +5 for fire type)

2 - Use Battlechip: Shockwave [40+Line Attack+GroundAttack] @ BumperC

3 - Activate Sig: Road Rash [Delayed Damage 20Fire/turn (Burn), 3 turn duration; 2TCD] @ PinballMan

[AFTERBURNER: USED] (Pre-Action 1)
[Chips Used: FireBurn1, Shockwave]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 2]
"KA-PING, KLANG KLANG KLANG! You'll be my new highscore, my new trophy!"

The bumpers rose up between Pinball and Highway, setting itself as form of defense against attacks. However, HighwayMan's green flame was so powerful that it was able to burn through it all and reach PinballMan, burning and charring his neat little robe. "Ka-plunk! T-that's hot...But these bumpers aren't normal! TING TING PA-TA! I can see that you haven't played too much pinball!" Just before the Bumpers fully melted, each one formed a red, burning ball and shot out in random directions as if the attack bounced off!

Due to its random nature, the balls hit both PinballMan and HighwayMan, but luckily (or unluckily?), the attack wasn't fully reflected. "Haha...You always got to expect the unexpected when you play pinball...E-even if it hurts me back!"

The next shockwave attack didn't hit its mark, but the hotheaded navi was able to land his signature attack, causing the crazed navi's robe to catch on a green flame. "Hot hot hot! You need to GET AWAY! PA-SHA! With the wave of his Flipper-staff, a giant plunger suddenly appeared right in front of the HighwayMan in a blink of an eye!

Before the navi could properly react, the plunger pulled itself automatically and sent HighwayMan flying far away!

PinballMan.EXE: 305 HP [Burn20: 2 Turns]

BumperA: DESTROYED
BumperB: DESTROYED
BumperC: DESTROYED
Plunger: 10 HP

Terrain:
100% Metal

HighwayMan.EXE: 90 HP [Microburst'd: Far away from PinballMan]
As he flies back through the air, steam and smoke hiss from his ears, nose and mouth as his systems try to vent excess heat. Or is it because he is angry for being shot backwards? At any rate he reaches out a hand as he sails back at PinballMan and with a grunt says "How' bout you come with me, asswipe?!"

A pulse of dark energy ripples out from the navi's arm towards his opponent, producing a powerful attractive force! Though to try and ensure his opponent doesn't come crashing into him, HighwayMan turns in mid-air to spin the gravitational force around him. He would prefer it to be directed into one of the holes or a nice hard surface but whatever.

1 - Afterburner cooldown...

2 - Activate Sig: Throttle EX [Gravity; 1TCD] @ PinballMan

3 - Dodge EX (Speed Type go!)

[AFTERBURNER: COOLDOWN]
[Chips Used: FireBurn1, Shockwave]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 1]
[Sig Throttle EX cooldown: 1]

HighwayMan certainly wasn't having fun with this little game of Pinball, but his enemy sure was. "CLANG TING TANG! Time to start the game!" PinballMan was getting something ready while Highway was exhausted from his previous endeavor, giggling and crackling with mischievous intent.

When the opportunity appeared, HighwayMan attempted to pull PinballMan to close the gap, but maybe it was the distance away from one another or slightly skewered aim, HighwayMan had instead pulled the giant Plunger! The navi was lucky enough to prepare for such thing and moved out of the way, causing the plunger to crash into the ground.

"Plunk PLUNK PLUNK! Time to shoot the ball!"

Completely caught up in the "game" and not realizing that he was slowly burning, PinballMan went ahead and summoned a giant silver pinball out of thin air and hit it with his flipper-staff, sending it rolling right towards HighwayMan at an alarming rate!

PinballMan.EXE: 285 HP [Burn20: 1 Turns]

BumperA: DESTROYED
BumperC: DESTROYED
Plunger: DESTROYED

Terrain:
100% Metal

HighwayMan.EXE: 90 HP [Far away from Pinball] [Pinball heading your way!]
He growls "Your f*ckin' pissin' me off!", in rage as the navi barely avoids being nailed by the plunger he brought to himself. Amid the spin, however he noticed the incoming silvery pinball. "G-great", he murmured as he tried to formulate something, anything, quickly. "Princess, I need the dash chip and quick", is all he can come up with.

Reilyn, watching the battle intensely as she could through her scratched up PET screen, leaps into action. She quickly locates the chip needed but struggles to get the thing in the device. "Ungh, it's stuck! Need a sec, Highway", she grumbles as she slaps the device a few times.

HighwayMan frowns as he mutters "Oh sure, let me just ask the f*ckin' thing to nicely go away". "To hell with this, I don't have time to play", he finally says. Though he was loosing momentum from the plunger hit that knocked him this far from his foe, he suddenly stops in mid-air as red flames wreathe his body and spin in place like some kind of rocket thrusters. The flames continue to consume him until the flaming mass suddenly becomes visible again, not as his casual smack-talking form but his more serious oni form. He didn't like to invoke it, especially not as often as he had lately. He didn't have any kind of thrust or mid-air control in his gangster form and that was hurting him. Besides, his opponent was clearly already mad with rage and just plain crazy. The time for talk was over.

[Ganster.GMO disabled]

Now acting more in hatred and instinct than any calculations, the large blazing oni hovers in place in the air from the bright blames blasting out of the twin-exhaust pipes on each forearm and the backs of his legs. With a net-sundering roar, open jawed to expose his fangs, the oni suddenly whips around in the air to face the incoming pinball. His muscles ripple as he clenches a large, clawed fist and energy courses through him. A roar later, a pulse of dark energy emanates from his body as he aims a punch at the thing.

"T-there, and I got a heal chip too Highway", Reilyn says as she gets the ejection port clear and passes him a couple more chips.

Not giving any response, (especially since in all likelihood the navi is now flying wildly through the air again, opposite the pinball), he arrests his movement as the flaming boosters intensify and he flies toward PinballMan. His body becomes engulfed in red flames as the dash chip flows through his mind and he becomes a blazing red comet. A blazing red comet sailing right towards the dirty pinball navi!

1 - Activate Sig: Skid EX [Microburst; 1TCD] @ Pinball

2 - Movement: Head closer to PinballMan (Not really flying but it sounds cool)

3 - Use Battlechip: DashAttack1 [90+Impact+LineAttack5] @ PinballMan

[AFTERBURNER: READY]
[Chips Used: FireBurn1, Shockwave, DashAttack1]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 0 READY]
[Sig Throttle EX cooldown: 0 READY]
[Sig Skid EX cooldown: 1]
Taking advantage of his disadvantage, HighwayMan successfully pushed back the pinball back towards PinballMan, hitting him with his own balls! Embarrassing!

"Urgh! Just let me get the high score!!"

The wizard erected yet another set of Bumpers to ward off further attacks, but HighwayMan had something else going on as he dashed straight through it without a problem!... Except the reflective pinball that crashed against his body. PinballMan flinched at the attack, along with the small burn he suffered from the previous fire, causing the already irritated maniac into something much more.

"That's it, no more! TING BA-DA-DA-DA-DA! I want it now!"

On his last straw, PinballMan erected a pair of kickers in front of him, something that was much more durable, and certainly more dangerous that the bumpers from before!

PinballMan.EXE: 145 HP

KickersA: 50 HP
KickersB: 50 HP

Terrain:
100% Metal

HighwayMan.EXE: 70 HP
The roaring oni shrugged off the pinball, though he was clearly unhappy. A few cracks were beginning to form in his body, and trickles of something that looked like magma began to dribble from them like blood. Attempting to address this very issue, the navi took a moment to pause and recover. Flames surged over him and strengthened him a bit, some of the cracks gone as the fire passed.

"All you treasure burned to ash, your world will be flames", he snarled through sharp fangs as his operator frantically slid in another chip. The navi grinned and held up it's arms as a pair of logs formed. They sunk down into his grip, one braced on each shoulder. He had something for the stupid Pinball man and his reflectors. He threw both logs, one after the other, planning on the first log to destroy the kickers and the second log to destroy the first log when it rolled back at him.

But that wasn't all. The oni had no reason or desire to hold back like the thug usually did. His boosters flashed and a pulse of flame passed through him and to his hands. Almost faster then one could see, he was gripping a pair of flaming wheels, made of a deadly viscous flame that promised to cling and incinerate like thermite. A moment later the wheels were flying to PinballMan, chasing the path hopefully cleared by the logs.

1 - Use Battlechip: Recover30 [Heal 30hp] @ Self

2 - Use Battlechip: RollingLog1 [50+GroundAttack+WideAttack(2)+DoubleAttack, Elem:Wood; 2nd attack requires xtra action] @ KickersA (And B Ideally)

3 - 2nd Action of RollingLog1 @ First Log

[AFTERBURN!]
4 - Activate Sig: Road Rash [Delayed Damage 20Fire/turn (Burn), 3 turn duration; 2TCD] @ PinballMan

[AFTERBURNER: USED] (Post Action 3)
[Chips Used: FireBurn1, Shockwave, DashAttack1, Recover30, RollingLog1]
[Sig Skid EX cooldown: 0 READY]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 2]
(Bump)
"Are you stupid? Are you that dumb? Have you not played the best game in the world?!"

PinballMan could only mock as HighwayMan threw the log towards the Kicker, already seeing the result of the attack going to his favor. The log smashed against the large object, destroying it, but ricocheting the log right back at HighwayMan at an alarming rate. "Play some more Pinball and actually learn...something?" PinballMan did not expect the hotblooded navi to be extra cautious as he threw the second log to mitigate the damage, leaving the delusional navi wide open.

The burning wheels skidded across the floor and smacked right into is target, lighting PinballMan on fire once more. "I don't like this, I don't like this! TANG TING TANG! You only play Pinball in air conditioned rooms, not when you're so hot!" In retaliation, he fired a giant silver pinball once more, but possibly due to the fire, it veered off and missed HighwayMan!

PinballMan.EXE: 125 HP [Burn20: 2 Turns] [Behind KickerB]

KickersA: DESTROYED
KickersB: 50 HP

Terrain:
100% Metal

HighwayMan.EXE: 100 HP
HighwayMan cackles with a fanged grin as things seem to be going his way. "Burn to ash you filth! You and your stupid game." His body exudes smoke and steam as the twin-exhaust pipes from his arms and legs fizzle out and try to cool down.

Reilyn looks over the left over chips frantically, wondering what to pass next, but of course the navi rattles her with a quick "Chips woman, now!". She frowns at the comment. Sure she should be getting used to this behavior by now but shes too strong willed to ever be happy about someone else treating her poorly. "I hope you choke on it as*hole", is all she says as she struggles to get another into the port and the last out.

With a final blast of smoke and steam as the navi flexes, the flames that often pour from his exhaust pipes re-kindle and he prepares for further combat. The calmer, more calculated gangster that is HighwayMan would prefer to use his superior skills at avoiding attacks to push the fight in his favor, even if it would make things take awhile. The flaming oni that is HighwayMan though, is only interested in ripping his foe to pieces as quickly and sadistically as possible.

As chip data fills his mind and body, the oni extends a clawed hand, palm facing PinballMan, as flames gather. A moment later, with a mad laugh, a ripple if dark energy eminates from his hand, aimed at the last Kicker. Though he isn't specifically aiming at the navi, his foe has chosen to hide directly behind the object, which isn't his problem. He just wants the poor bastard to feel fear and know terror. "Nothing can save you or your stupid game from my flames", he says as he follows the dark ripple with a burst of energy designed to cover a larger area, just in case he dives behind something else (or in case the Kicker is immune to microburst).

1 - Afterburner cooldown...

2 - Activate Sig: Skid EX [Microburst; 1TCD] @ KickerB

3 - Use Battlechip: Shotgun [50+Spread1] @ PinballMan

[AFTERBURNER: COOLDOWN]
[Chips Used: FireBurn1, Shockwave, DashAttack1, Recover30, RollingLog1, Shotgun]
[Sig Road Rash cooldown: 1]
[Sig Skid EX cooldown: 1]
(Bump)
(Bump)
((Bump. I'd like to request, if anyone feels like taking over the modding, please do))
"Time to score in on the bonus round! Pah-thunk!!"

Taking advantage over the exhausted target, PinballMan lined up his aim and launched another silver pinball at HighwayMan. The furious navi was struck by the attack helplessly and could only watch as the obsessed navi was jumping with joy. "I can make it! I think I'll take the highscore this time!"

Fortunately, this did leave the navi standing behind the Kicker, which was thrown straight at PinballMan with the little help of some dark energy. "A-A pinball master always calculates how everything bounces and throws around...How can this be!" Somehow flustered by getting hit by his own object, it left the navi wide open for the shotgun blast, bringing him down to critical level!

"Urrrh...No!...Do-over, do-over!"

In panic, PinballMan stomped his staff on the floor, causing the strange pinball-machine field to disappear back into the abandoned arcade. "My score, my score, my score, my score! This can't be, I must be having a bad day, that's all! This isn't me at all!" As if somehow his health was directly linked with his mental health, PinballMan was more than panicking by this time and jacked out from the network before it became out of control.

The battle was over with HighwayMan, bruised and exhausted in the middle of a dusty building, standing as the victor of this arduous battle. But before he moved on, the same machine PinballMan was playing on suddenly turned on once more after its supposed 'death,' flashing and ringing to show that the highscore was reached...spitting out a data crystal for HighwayMan to take!

PinballMan.EXE: 5 HP / JACK OUT

KickersA: DESTROYED
KickersB: DESTROYED

Terrain:
100% Metal

HighwayMan.EXE: 40 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
1,500z + [ColorBall1] BattlechipColorBall1
Damage: 60 + Rebound(2)
Accuracy: C
Description: Throws a rubber ball that, once it hits something, bounces around as if it had a mind of its own. Beware, this attack can hit the user if not careful.
Duration: Once
Element: Null
Special: Rebound(2): This effect allows an attack to ricochet around the field after hitting something. It will bounce off of Objects, Navis, Viruses, etc., even the user, until it has dealt damage twice more, or a turn has passed. Accuracy drops to F rank for all subsequent potential hits.
Almost crushed by the silver pinball the critically injured HighywayMan roars in pain and anger. His data is fragmented in several areas, the only thing sparing any of his individual limbs being blown off is the last hit he recieved being a general full-body crush.

His foe vanishes, limping away aflame, hopefully to burn to death in his PET or whatever place he called home. Though the oni is denied his final, sweet retribution, it is the arcade that gets to suffer, as he promised. He lunges at the green data and zenni that dropped, literally consuming it. Seems that despite his fury, some part of him still had a built-in 'grab the loot' bypass.

He snarls and blasts flame directly at the pinball machine, doing his best to wipe the stupid thing from the virtual world forever. Regardless of it's success or not, he spins around and roars, sending flames up into the rafters and the walls and all over the entire building. He leaps across the game room with one strong flex of his legs, the claws digging into the floor. Another leap has him out the door and barely a moment passes before he resumes converting the structure into a burning pyre.

Needless to say, if this virtual arcade was linked to any real-world arcade, they are going to have the destruction of their system to deal with. And he doesn't care. He bathes the structure in flames, screaming and roaring the entire time until naught but ashes remains.

Meanwhile, Reilyn watches with mixed satisfaction from the brutal treatment of PinballMan and his precious arcade. Mixed because after her navi goes at it for so long, the pure psychotic madness becomes evident. Sure, the guy is pretty badly injured but.. This HighwayMan was a monster, not her smart-ass, lovable jerk.

"H-hey, Highway, I think you've done enough-" She starts, but the oni roars out "Silence" as he continues to reduce even the ashes to ashes. Reilyn frowns and considers hitting the emergency jack-out, just to shut the stupid beast up. "Ugh, whatever. You staying in the net or leaving?" She asks finally.

The flaming oni snarls and looks behind it's self, to around where Reilyn's point of view is. The edge of madness has left it's voice but it is still clearly angry and hateful "What do you think, retard? Look how damaged I am. Despite my rage I have no way to heal myself. Going on in this condition is stupid"

A vein begins to pop out of the teenager's forehead as he shoves a blank chip into the PET hard enough to push the last-used chip out, despite it's damaged ejection spring. She growls "Hey as*hole, I have these stupid minienergy chips my teacher gave me with the PET. I only got two but that's enough to put you back into the fight right??"

HighwayMan, still badly damaged, sees a quick way out of his problem. He doesn't care at all that these are his operator's only subchips, the oni just want's his power back. "What are you waiting for?? Do it! Now, worm!"

Reilyn clenches her teeth in her own hatred and says "Know what? f*ck you, piece of sh*t!" She raises the device above her head and grabs the jack-in cable with her free hand and begins to wrap it around a fist. The navi, getting the gist of what is likely to go down, quickly responds to the jack-out command that is being issued, from her manhandling the front of the device and it's buttons.

The girl yanks as hard as she can, first tearing the cable from the wall, though it's design all but eliminates the damage done to it. Secondly she yanks the cable from the PET violently, several times until it snaps from the device. The remaining stub of cable, with wires exposed, flies back into the spring-loaded spool.

"Stupid f*cking as*hole" she says with a growl again as she frees the torn cable from her hand and without bothering to look at the screen, flings the already old and battered device across the room as hard as she can. It hits her back wall and makes a nasty crunching noise as it falls apart into a pile of plastic and components. The freshly-written ColorBall1 chip somehow finds it's way atop the pile but is shortly joined by the rest of her chips, which are flung in the same general direction. Their light weigh, simple design however, prevents any damage from being delivered to them.

The only thing stopping the girl from screaming out further obscenities aloud is the knowledge, somewhere in her brain, that if she manages to wake up her passed-out father, trouble was coming. More trouble then usual. She glares over at the ruined pile of her short virus busting career and throws herself at her pillow to scream and bite at the material. She can't seem to curse or shout loud enough muffled hatred. She has taken so much crap lately from everyone and everything. She even killed someone. Busting was supposed to give her some kind of reprieve from that abuse, not just make it all worse.

It just wasn't fair. Was there no way out for her? She screamed until she cried and cried until she was so drained she simply fell asleep.

[Jack-Out]