Full Moon Over ACDC Net

A low mist rose over an abandoned section of ACDC Net and darkness shrouded the landscape like clouds crawling across the moon. Shadows lurked across the ground as though waiting and watching. A lone gust of wind moaned sorrowfully as it stalked through the net. A single beam of moonlight pierced the heavens and slammed into earth accompanied by a haunted howl. Wolfman.Exe had appeared in ACDC Net.

The Navi was in his bestial form, hunched over and covered in fur. His wolfish snout was tilted to the sky as he tested the air for a moment. His ears twitched, but he caught only the moaning wind. His golden eyes surveyed the area around him for long moments before he was satisfied that he was alone.

"Victor," Wolfman spoke up. "Why am I not in a GMO? There will no doubt be complications if someone sees me like this."

"I would activate your GMO," Victor answered as he took a sip of his tea. "However, there are a few issues concerning your new upgrades. The GMO isn't matching up with your speed boost and your human form will have little effect if your tail keep breaking through."

"How long?"

"I'm not sure, but it shouldn't be more than a few hours. However, there is no need to wait until the adjustments are finished before we test out these new upgrades."

"The speed upgrades and the buster enhancement?"

"Yes, and I finished programming your new support program."

"Oh?"

"Yes. I'll activate her now."

As Victor pressed a few buttons to activate the support program, a beach ball-sized orb of white earth materialized in the air a few feet above Wolfman. The orb seemed to glow with a silvery light like a heavenly aura. Wolfman grunted when he realized that the floating rock was a miniature moon.

"Hello," the moon pulsed brighter as a voice seemed to come from nowhere. "My name is Selene. It is a pleasure to meet you."

"No, the pleasure is mine," Wolfman said hesitantly, not sure who he should address.

"Ahem," Victor broke in. "I figured that a moon would be a fitting support program for you, Wolfman. Selene is a recover type program and I have designed her to aid me in my attempt to control your transformations. She will also serve to record performance data in lieu of our other recording programs. Of course, she has useful combat capabilities for use in battle, though she is currently quite fragile"

"Please protect me," Selene pulsed. "And I shall do my best to aid you."

"Yes," Wolfman answered. "I'll do what I can."

"So," Victor said. "Shall we look for some viruses to test out your new abilities?"

"Of course," Wolfman replied with a grim that flashed his razor sharp teeth.

((Battle 1))
Bunnies came up to Wolfman, now accompanied by Selene. They jumped around rather strangely around the moon-shaped SP. Maybe it was some sort of weird dance routine?

-- Surrounding Selene --
BunnyA: 50HP
BunnyB: 50HP
BunnyC: 50HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

WolfMan.EXE: 175HP
Selene.SP: 40HP

-BATTLE ONE, FIGHT!!-
"Rabbits?" Wolfman mused as his grin widened. "My favorite."

"Careful," Victor cautioned. "I don't like they way they are dancing in the moonlight. Selene is vulnerable to electricity."

Wolfman nodded and his golden eyes narrowed as he surveyed the trio of Bunnys allied against him. Victor had cautioned that Selene was fragile and a weakness to electricity wouldn't leave her with much room to spare against a triad of electrical rabbits. The Navi would have to do his best to take out the viruses quickly to ensure Selene's survival.

"Alright then," Wolfman told Selene. "Stay behind me. I'll rip apart these vermin with ease."

Selene seemed to bob in the air, perhaps nodding her assent as she shined a bit brighter. The moon floated her way behind Wolfman while keeping a firm watch on the dancing viruses despite not having any eyes with which to see. She knew that she would have to be wary and able to move away if the Bunnys decided to strike out at her.

Wolfman could already feel battlechip energy surging through him as Victor slotted in a trio of chips. The pulsating infusion of energy was like blood pounding in his head. It begged for release. Wolfman lowered himself to all fours, a deep growl escaping from between his clenched teeth. His claws dug deep trenches in the panel beneath him as he readied himself for the charge. Wolfman leapt forward, hurling himself toward the three viruses. He lowered his shoulder as he charged, prepared to rip through the viral lines and send the three rabbits toppling to the floor.

Wolfman continued his charge, making a wide curve to the left and around the viruses until he stood on off to the right of the pack. Wolfman stood tall, arms at his side and chest puffed out. He flung his head back and unleashed a challenging howl. He felt a burning within his throat as the next battlechip began to take effect. He glared at the Bunnys and thrust his torso forward, mouth opened wide. A sphere of darkness escaped from between his snapping jaws, a writhing orb of energy that sailed toward the center of the group of viruses. The sphere struck the earth and detonated, a wave of shadow spreading out in an attempt to engulf the viruses.

Wisps of shadow billowed along Wolfman's right arm, the dancing shadows seeming to well up from the Navi's ink black claws. Wolfman raked the air with his claws and a crescent of darkness followed in his wake. The black wave hurdled toward one of the Bunnys, threatening to cleave right through the virus and shred its allies as well.

Summary:
1. DashAttack (90 + Impact) to BunnyA-C
2. Dodge
3. TankCannon1 (80 + Blast2) to BunnyB
4. Shotgun (50) to BunnyA and Spread (50) to BunnyC

Selene
1. Dodge
Okay, they die of many attacks before they even get anything in. Sheesh, you didn't have to hit so hard.

-- Surrounding Selene --
BunnyA: DELETED
BunnyB: DELETED
BunnyC: DELETED

WolfMan.EXE: 175HP
Selene.SP: 40HP

Battle 1 - Victory!
Rewards: 180z, 9 BugFrags
Wolfman looked around as the viruses fell. It had been a quick battle and neither he nor Selene had been harmed.

"Are you alright?" Wolfman asked the floating moon.

"I am fine," Selene pulsed. "Though I do wish there wasn't a need for all this fighting."

"As do I. Unfortunately, viruses can rarely be reasoned with and I would not have you see harm because I was slow in acting."

"Regardless," Victor cut in. "That fight didn't last long enough for much data. Let's continue on."

Wolfman nodded and Selene bobbed in the air. The pair moved deeper into the "wilds" of ACDC Net.

((Battle 2, please))
Unfortunately for Selene, being a moon wasn't entirely moonlight and candy, as certain viruses appeared to be attracted by such things. Bats and ghosts definitely qualify as such viruses. Which is convenient, because that's what WolfMan has encountered. Because they're attracted by moons and stuff. Since they're bats and ghosts. Yeah.

PulseBatA: 80 HP
PulseBatB: 80 HP
PulseBatC: 80 HP
SpookyA: 30 HP
SpookyB: 30 HP
SpookyC: 30 HP
SpookyD: 30 HP

WolfMan: 175 HP
Selene: 40 HP

===BATTLE TWO, GRANTED. NOW EXECUTE!===
"Bah," Wolfman growled. "It looks like you've become a prime target for viruses, Selene."

"I am sorry," Selene pulsed as she bobbed away from the surrounding viruses. "I shall try to be less conspicuous in the future."

"Don't worry about it," Victor cut in. "At least she'll provide a distraction and enable you to cut down the viruses unawares."

The lupine Navi nodded and crouched down on his haunches and observed the scene. His golden eyes flashed from one virus to the next, taking in their various features. There was a small group of bat like viruses that were fluttering around Selene. The viruses could obviously fly and he feared they would be able to soar above his reach if he allowed them. The rest of the viruses were ghost like things with flickering forms that seemed to vanish at will.

Wolfman felt the surge of energy that accompanied an uploading battlechip and chose his target. He would try and finish off the bats as soon as possible. He didn't have enough ranged battlechips to take shots at a group of high fliers. His claws dug into the ground as he prepared himself to leap forward.

"Selene," Wolfman ordered. "Dodge to the left!"

Wolfman didn't to wait to see if the bobbing moon complied. He charged forward, powerful legs sending him hurdling toward the group of bats. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Selene cut across to his left, curving around to follow in his wake. Wolfman spread his arms as he leapt, clawed fingers spread wide. He hoped to catch the entire group of bat like viruses in his rush and shred them before they could fly beyond his reach.

The Navi hit the ground and turned in a hard pivot, toes curling to dig his claws into the ground in an effort to keep his balance. Selene sailed over his head, rising up to crest his transformed height. A second battlechip was already roaring through his body and he released the energy in a wave. A small black sphere materialized within the group of ghost viruses, an orb of darkness that pulsed like a beating heart. The orb pulsed a trio of beats before expanding in a shadowy explosion. Wolfman hoped the blast would catch a group of the ghosts, but he had a back up plan already in action.

A burning sensation rose within Wolfman's throat and he spread his jaws wide in a bestial roar. A massive ball of boiling darkness erupted from Wolfman's mouth and sailed toward the group of viruses. The orb of shadow struck the ground and created a violent explosion. A wave of darkness spread across the battlefield, threatening to engulf a number of the viruses.

"Stay behind me," Wolfman snarled. "These attacks are dangerous to friends as well as foes."

Wisps of shadow rose up along Wolfman's claws, strands of darkness that billowed along his arms. The Navi raked the air with his claws, sending a wave of energy sailing toward one of the ghost like viruses. Wolfman hoped that the wave would slice through the ghost and continue on to strike another virus as well. With luck, the Navi's assault would disable all of the viruses before they would be able to counter.

Summary:
Wolfman:
1. Dash Attack (90 + Impact) to PulseBat group
2. LilBomb (50 + Blast2) centered on SpookyB
3. Tank Cannon (80 + Blast2) centered on PulseBatB
4. Shotgun (50) to surviving Spooky virus

Selene:
1. Dodge
WolfMan's initial strike with his full frontal dash took the PulseBats by a surprise, however, he was unable to control the direction of his attacks other than straight forward and was only able to peg down a single virus. The rest of the viruses was certainly concentrated on Selene's appearances, attempting to seize it for their own. The SP was barely dodged the incoming licking attacks and, again, BARELY dodged the explosion that occured just inches away from her, which deleted two Spookys.

This has caused the virus to turn their attention at the main assaulter, but they were a tad bit late when the surge of darkness exploded nearby. One Pulsebat was unfortunate to be in the middle of the explosion, while the other swiftly evaded the attack and countered with its ear-piercing sonic screech. With one more chip left, WolfMan tried to at least finish off the remaining spooky, but one was lucky enough to teleport out of the line of fire while other was sliced into pieces.

PulseBatA: DELETED
PulseBatB: DELETED
PulseBatC: 80 HP
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED
SpookyC: DELETED
SpookyD: 30 HP

WolfMan: 145 HP
"Bah," Wolfman growled. "I suppose it was too much to hope that we'd be able to wipe them out in one go. I just wish these viruses wouldn't focus on you so much."

"Perhaps they know that I am the easier prey?" Selene asked.

"Perhaps," Wolfman answered. "Though they are fools not to take down the larger threat. I shall have to teach them the error of their ways."

Battlechip energy swelled within Wolfman and his claws extended to six inch blades. Jet black energy crackled along his arms to spark across his claws. Wolfman rushed into the fray, ready to rip apart the remaining viruses. The Navi focused on the bat first, slicing through the air in a wide arch in an attempt to catch the bat before it could dodge.

Wolfman pivoted on his back leg, twisting around to come at the bat from another direction. He slashed again, hoping to send the virus plummeting to the ground. A line of wispy shadow trailed behind the Navi's claws as he struck, a symbol of the tainted blood that raged within his body. Wolfman leaped forward, moving past the bat to tower above the strange ghost like virus. The Navi tore at the ghost, razor sharp claws threatening to shred it from top to bottom.

Selene bobbed away from the battle, knowing that she wasn't strong enough to aid Wolfman at this point. She hoped to stay away from the fight and not get caught in the crossfire.

Summary:
1. RageClaw (40 + Slashing) to PulseBatC
2. Dodge
3. RageClaw (40 + Slashing) to PulseBatC
4. RageClaw (40 + Slashing) to SpookyD

Selene:
1. Dodge
In a flash, WolfMan's claws extended into six inch blades of death. He ran forward at the PulseBat, his claws enveloped in black energy. The first swing proved successfully, slicing one of the virus' wings. Its mobility now limited, the PulseBat had no chance as WolfMan pivoted and brought another claw through it. That virus was finished. There was still one left, which the feral Navi wasted no time in going after. He noticed that the Spooky had flown past him and was following Selene intently.

Distracted as it was, WolfMan simply outran it in seconds and lunged at it. His claws rent the virus in two, ending the battle as Selene stopped retreating and returned to the Navi.

PulseBatA: DELETED
PulseBatB: DELETED
PulseBatC: DELETED
SpookyA: DELETED
SpookyB: DELETED
SpookyC: DELETED
SpookyD: DELETED

Battle 2 Complete!

WolfMan: 145 HP GET: 630z, 20 BugFrags
((Hm, I gotta remember to list my healing sig.))

Wolfman nodded to himself as he gathered the remaining data. It wasn't much, just a bit of zenny and bugfrags, but it was better than nothing.

"Well," Wolfman said finally. "At the very least you do serve as a nice distraction. Still, it would be best if we used some of these bugfrags to upgrade your systems as soon as possible."

"That is important," Victor said. "But let us continue with the tests for now. We will be able to get a baseline for Selene's abilities as well."

Wolfman nodded and continued on.

((Battle 3))
((Bump))
It wouldn't take long for WolfMan and his lovely SP to encounter more opponents. Trouble always comes in threes, so for is third battle he got three sets of opponents.

The first set was a pair of Canondumbs that adorned both extremes of the battlefield. There was one on his far left and one on his far right. Both were pointing at him.

The second set was a pair of Champus. These were located beyond the Canodumbs, but straight ahead, next to each other. They pounded their fists together as they prepared to fight.

The third and final set came in the form of two Melodies, bouncing towards the two heroes. The first had already passed them, and as such could be found behind WolfMan. The second was bouncing erratically towards him.

Battle Summary:

Anti-Heroes:
WolfMan.EXE: 140 HP
Selene.SP: 40 HP

Villains:
CanodumbA: 50 HP [Far Left]
CanodumbB: 50 HP [Far Right]
ChampuA: 60 HP [Straight Left]
ChampuB: 60 HP [Straight Right]
MelodyA: 80 HP [Behind]
MelodyB: 80 HP [Close Ahead]

Battlefield:
100% Normal

Battle 3, Begin!
Wolfman's golden eyes narrowed as he caught sight of the two turret-like viruses off in the distance. They flanked him and Selene, one on either side of the field at the extreme edge of their range. He would be hard pressed to take them both out without taking a few hits as he closed the gap between them. Two more viruses appeared; fiery boxers that hovered just off the ground. The Champu were directly ahead of him, though far off still. Wolfman thought he had a moment before he would have to deal with them. A fifth virus materialized a few yards in front of him, a bouncing musical note intent on bearing down on him. A breeze brought him a faint whiff of another Melody virus coming in from behind. He and Selene were well surrounded.

"Damn," Wolfman muttered. "How did they flank us so easily?"

"Not sure," Victor replied. "Though I suppose your mind was preoccupied with something other than your senses."

"Nonsense," the Navi gave a brief pause before continuing. "But the real question is how we are going to deal with this."

"Oh!" Selene gave off a panicked series of pulses. "A virus is behind us as well."

"I know," Wolfman muttered. "On my word, break to the right and concentrate on avoiding their attacks. We need to escape a pincer maneuver if at all possible."

Wolfman placed all of his outward attention on the virus before him, the melody hopping quickly into melee range. His concentrated on the scent of the virus at his back, waiting for it to become near enough for him plan to work. He just hoped that Selene would be able to dodge out of the way in time to not be caught in the crossfire.

"Now!"

Wolfman pivoted to his left, leaping from his left leg to land in a circular charge that would bring him behind the approaching Melody. Selene bobbed through the air, turning right and floating in a straight line toward the far off cannon virus. Wolfman lowered himself to all fours as he neared the back of the Melody and unleashed a deafening howl as he charged. He could feel the familiar rush of strength and vitality as Victor slotted in the first battlechip and rode the high as he overtook the virus. Wolfman's claws ripped into the ground as he leapt forward, his muscular arms raised mow down whatever was in his path. The Navi hoped to run down both of the Melody viruses, trusting in his ruse to line up the viruses for his mad dash.

The Navi ended his leap in a roll that hand him tumbling along the ground. His roll brought him back to his feet with a bound and he pivoted to face the oncoming Champu viruses. He stood with his feet spread slightly apart, arms back with his clawed fingers extended. He leaned forward and extended his neck, glaring at the two approaching pugilists. He could feel a second battlechip surging through him and a burning heat began to build in the back of his throat. He let his jaw drop open to reveal his sharp fangs. The energy was swelling within him, begging for release. Wolfman howled and a sphere of jet black energy rose up from his throat to sail over the battlefield toward the approaching viruses. The obsidian orb arched high, reaching a crest far above the heads of the viruses, before hurdling back down within their midst. As the sphere struck the earth it ballooned outward, blanketing the area in a dome of writhing darkness. If the two viruses were caught within that dome, they were surely done for.

"I doubt you will be able to reach both of the turrets before they can take aim," Victor offered. "Perhaps you should defend yourself?"

Wolfman nodded and raised his arms in a defensive stand to protect his head. The fur along his arms bristled as he tensed his muscles for the incoming blow. He was prepared to block whatever the viruses could throw at him and counter with a devastating attack of his own. As he stood his ground, the Navi could feel his unique physiology doing its work. His wounds from his previous battle were knitting themselves back together, flesh melding to leave not even the trace of a scar. He would be back at full strength soon enough.

Summary:

1. Dodge behind incoming Melody
2. DashAttack (90 + Impact) to MelodyA and B
3. TankCannon (80 + Blast2) to ChampuA
4. Guard1 to self
- Wolfen Physiology [Passive 15hp heal]

Selene
1. Dodge toward CannondumbB
Leaping with lupine grace, Wolfman managed to move behind the Melody approaching him and ran straight through the Melody like rice paper. The Champu tried to smack some sense into him, but his step was too quick, his movements too swift. One of them was met with a cannon to its face as a result. The Canodumbs didn't know what to do, until one of them spotted her moving towards it. Twirling to meet the floating moon, it let out a cannon blast, knocking off a chunk of her health. (20)

Anti-Heroes:
WolfMan.EXE: 140 HP [Guard1]
Selene.SP: 20 HP

Villains:
CanodumbA: 50 HP [Far Left]
CanodumbB: 50 HP [Far Right]
ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: 60 HP [Straight Right]
MelodyA: DELETED
MelodyB: DELETED

Battlefield:
100% Normal
The glowing orb flashed bright with pain as one of the turrets opened fire. A cannon blast smashed into Selene's back, forming a new crater and sending the miniature moon crashing into the ground. The support program rolled across the floor a few feet before rising unsteadily into the air. The halo of light that encompassed the moon seemed dimmer than before.

"Are you alright?" Wolfman asked.

"I'll live," Selene answered. "Though I don't think I can withstand much more punishment."

"Then let us end this," Wolfman growled. "Stay behind me."

The lupine Navi kept his head lowered and arms raised in defense as he examined the situation in front of him. There were three viruses remaining; one just off to his right and two more at the far sides of the battlefield. He would need to gather at least two of the viruses together into a group if he wanted to finish them off quickly. The Champu near him was the weakest link in the chain of viruses and the obvious choice for immediate disposal.

"Victor," Wolfman called. "I have a plan."

"I already see it," the NetOp responded, a self satisfied smirk spreading across his lips. "I'll send you the claw and our remaining multi-target battlechips."

The Navi nodded and let his tongue loll in a wolfish grin. His golden eyes narrowed as he focused on the battle in front of him. The Champu was the key to his strategy and he would need to catch the virus in his claws before it could escape. Wolfman lowered one arm to the ground as he dropped into a crouch. His claws dug rivets into the earth as he broke into a charge, dirt flinging up behind him as his powerful legs sent him hurtling toward the fiery virus.

As the Navi charged, his lowered arm began to throb as his muscles bulged with intense strength. Wisps of shadowy darkness rose from Wolfman's fingertips, extending his claws to obsidian daggers each half a foot in length. Immense power flowed into the Navi from the RageClaw battlechip, strength enough to hurl a virus from one end of a field to the other.

Wolfman barreled down on the Champu and, as he closed in on melee range, he flung out his defensive arm. He meant the blow to block any chance counter or, at the very least, to distract the virus from his true intentions. Wolfman's clawed arm thundered upward in a devastating uppercut that would have disemboweled the virus if that had been his purpose. The Navi attempted to grab at the Champu, to latch on with his wicked claws. Wolfman pivoted where he stood, hoping to draw the Champu over his body and hurl him in an overhead throw to the closer of the two turrets. With luck, the virus would smash into its companion and leave them both open for the death blow.

Darkness enveloped the Navi's other arm as he struck out, claws tearing foot long furrows in the air. The crescents of shadow formed by the Navi's claws sailed through the air, spiraling over and over as they hunted down the Champu. Wolfman knew that the shadows could cut like steel blades and threatened to cleave the virus in half before doing the same to the motionless Canodumb.

Meanwhile, Selene bobbed along in a zigzagging path, hoping to avoid any more cannon fire. She knew how much structural damage the last impact had done to her and she feared the results of another. She didn't want to fall and fail her comrade so soon.

Wolfman turned to face what he hoped would be the final virus. His wounds were continuing to heal, his body repairing most of the damage he had sustained in combat with the bats and ghosts. His golden eyes observed the Canodumb, the motionless turret that awaited him at the far end of the field. He was running low on battlechips and needed something that would ensure his victory. A lump formed in the back of Wolfman's throat and he spread his jaws wide. A small black sphere emerged from deep within him and he spat the object toward the turret. The sphere struck the ground and rolled a bit before coming to a stop. It seemed to melt into the ground, becoming less of a sphere and more of a small dome of inky blackness. With a sudden ferocity, the dome exploded outward, blanketing the ground and everything else within a ten foot diameter. If the turret was caught within that wave of darkness, it would be consumed.

"Is...Is that it?" Selene asked.

"Perhaps," was the only answer Wolfman could offer.

Summary:
1. Guard charge at ChampuB
2. RageClaw throw ChampuB into CanodumbB (20 + Impact to both)
3. Shotgun (50) to ChampuB w/ spread (50) to CanodumbB
4. LilBomb (50 + Blast2) to CanodumbA

Selene:
1. Dodge
With his partner running out of energy, Wolfman charged forward to cover for the SP. He ran at the Champu while blocking with an arm, and when he lowered it to strike he saw the virus wind up for a punch. Having no desire to be punched, Wolfman slashed upwards with a claw before the virus could finish its attack. His arm kept going over his head and released the Champu there, sending it flying into one of the immobile Canodumbs. Soon after, the feral Navi sent blades of shadow flying at the thrown virus and its target, slicing through both.

As Selene floated away to avoid damage, Wolfman shot a shadowy sphere from his mouth that landed right beside the second Canodumb. Unable to move or show any emotion whatsoever, the virus remained still as the bomb exploded and deleted it.

Villains:
CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: DELETED
ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
MelodyA: DELETED
MelodyB: DELETED

Battlefield:
100% Normal

Battle 3 Complete!

Anti-Heroes:
WolfMan.EXE: 155 HP

Rewards: FireHit1, 400z, 20 BugFrags
"Alright," Victor spoke up as the battle reached its conclusion. "That is a good amount of data. Should we end it here?"

"I am good to continue," Wolfman answered before turning to Selene. "Do you need to rest?"

"No," the moon answered. "I'll just be more careful next time."

"Alright," Victor said. "Let's continue on then."

((Battle 4, I suppose))
((Bump))
The two ventured forth into the ACDC network in search of viruses to bust. They encountered some Swordy sparring session in progress, with some Beetanks as spectators. Their attention was immediately redirected to Wolfman as they spotted his lupine appearance. Approaching the Navi carefully, it seemed like they were more curious than hostile at first, but that was quickly dispelled when they unsheathed their swords for battle!

Swordy-N A: 60HP
Swordy-N B: 60HP
Swordy-N C: 60HP
BeetankA: 50HP
BeetankB: 50HP
BeetankC: 50HP
BeetankD: 50HP

WolfMan.EXE: 155 HP

-BATTLE FOUR, FIGHT!!-