Full Moon Over ACDC Net

"You're a funny guy, werewolf. Let's see if your wit can save you from a bullet in your skull," the navi replied, pulling another handgun from his cloak. Carefully, he loaded it up, flicking the chamber shut with a quick, practiced motion. The hunter's eye twitched as he watched the wounds he'd inflicted across WolfMan's body closing. He pointed his gun at WolfMan, preparing to fire.

He was unprepared, however, for WolfMan's high-volume howling attack. Clutching at his head, the hunter barely resisted the reflex to fire off his shot in poor accuracy. Taking a moment to reaim, he growled and shot off the bullet with a deafening bang; the silver projectile passed through WolfMan's collar, drawing a stream of data. Unfortunately for the hunter, the shot didn't seem to be lethal. "Dammit," he swore, preparing another floating gold cross shield.

WolfMan smashed the shield with an explosive burst of fire; the shield cracked, but held. Seizing the opportunity, the hunter reloaded and fired another quick bullet, this one apparently not made of silver. It injured WolfMan and knocked him back a short distance onto the dirt, but didn't do much real damage. "Let's finish it, monster!" the shooter growled, pulling both hands into his cloak. As his hands left his head, DragonierMan could see data flowing in a bright trail from each glove; the howl must have inflicted great injury.

Terrain: 45% Normal, 15% Cracked, 25% Soil, 15% Mud

Stakeman.EXE: 20 HP (Cracked) (1 movement away from WolfMan)

WolfMan.EXE: 70 HP (Soil)
Selene.SP: 40 HP (Soil)
"Heads up," Victor warned Wolfman as the cloaked Navi began his charge. "I'm transferring you our last ranged battlechips. We'll only have the Rageclaw left so make sure you drop this guy."

Wolfman nodded in response. He didn't have enough time to speak as he backpedaled away from Stakeman. He didn't know what his opponent had in mind, but he knew that he didn't want to get within melee range just now. His claws dug into the soil at his feet, his sure footing giving him a boost in speed. He backed away from Stakeman, trying to open up space between the two of them.

He could feel the battlechip energy building up within him, begging to be released. He summoned up the energy, forming a shadowy sphere within each palm. He hurled first one and then the other in front of him, aiming for the space between himself and Stakeman. With luck, the cloaked Navi would charge right into the path of the explosions and take himself out. The small orbs expanded outward, quadrupling in size for a brief moment and destroying anything caught within their blast radius.

Selene was behind Wolfman as he dodged away, but the moon suddenly cut to his left. She made a wide turn before surging off perpendicular to Stakeman's charge. She knew enough of her own abilities to avoid a direct confrontation with Wolfman's opponent. Wolfman halted suddenly, dropping on all fours and facing down his enemy. He opened his jaws wide, summoning up the last of the battlechip energy. He hurled a ball of shadow from between his fangs, the bolt of energy sailing straight toward Stakeman. If the Navi didn't dodge, it should be enough to lay him flat.

Summary:

--Passive 15hp Heal
1. Dodge backward (Dodge bonus from terrain)
2. Throw Mini-bomb (60 DMG + Blast1) into Stakeman's path
3. Throw Lilbomb (50 DMG + Blast1) into Stakeman's path
4. Shotgun (50 DMG) to Stakeman

Selene: Dodge
WolfMan's first blast knocked out StakeMan's shield. The next hit its intended target, dealing significant damage, but failing to topple the hunter. As WolfMan took up position in front of him, the wolf's opponent pulled out another loaded gun, aiming it straight for WolfMan's head. "Let's see you survive without that head," he grunted, using the last of his strength to pull the trigger.

Just as the bullet left his gun, so did a large ball of black energy from the wolf's mouth. The bullet passed through WolfMan's cheek, drawing a stream of data. The shadow ball collided upon its target with a tremendous explosion, knocking the hunter back. WolfMan's wound, surprisingly, wasn't lethal; his regeneration would see to that. The hunter, on the other hand, was finally immobilized.

"The fight made one thing clear to me... I was right to hunt you down, beast... A thing like you is a danger to everyone... but it'll take more than me to put you down," he gasped out, leaking data around the net. Finally, his EJO mechanism kicked in, transporting him away from his intended prey.

Stakeman.EXE: EJO'D

WolfMan.EXE: 45 HP (Soil)
Selene.SP: 40 HP (Soil)

--BATTLE 5 COMPLETE--

GET: TriArrow, 800z, 17 Bugfrags
"Damn it," Wolfman cursed as his opponent vanished in a flash of light.

"What?" Selene asked as she bobbed closer. "You won, right? You beat him?"

"Yes, but he got away. I couldn't finish him."

"And men like that have a way of showing up when you least expect them." Victor chimed in. "And when you are most vulnerable."

"I'll be ready," Wolfman growled.

"I hope so because I doubt that is the last we'll see of him."

Selene stayed silent, floating above the residual data left behind when Stakeman had fled. She watched as Wolfman gathered the data and portioned it into sections that he sent on to Victor's PET. There had been a lot of data left behind and she commented on such.

"Yes," Wolfman agreed. "Enough for a new battlechip for myself and a good number of bugfrags for you. I think we have enough to supply you with a few new combat abilities."

"I agree," Victor said. "Feel free to jack out now."

The Navi nodded and prepared for leaving the network. A pillar of light washed over him and Selene, drawing them upward into the sky.

((Jack-Out))