Double Trouble in Unparadise

"*Sniff sniff*...Hrrrrgh! What the hell is that stench?!"

Ignis was the first to point out the mysterious smell that filled the hot air, shaking his body into thinking that it could ward off the stench. Licht briefly followed the same type of action, but Voulge couldn't smell anything through the hot, ashy environment of the Hades net.

"What's wrong? How come it's only you two that's acting all strange?" Marius questioned the SPs. Ignis calmed down a bit and replied in a voice as if he plugged his nose...Even though he lacks any facial features in the first place. "I don't know how I can explain this stank, mang...It's like...like...I DON'T KNOW! I JUST DON'T WANNA SMELL IT ANYMORE!"

Soon, Voulge could hear a strange chant amongst all the nagging Ignis was splurting out and pointed the direction towards the source of sound. "Splash, lets go see who's doing that." The navis found an old woman next to a pit filled with a green liquid of some sort, causing the SPs to go even crazier than before. "...I still don't see what the problem is."

The woman's appearance was definitely strange compare to a normal navi, and even somewhat menacing due to the fact that she was casually residing deep inside the rogue net. Though Voulge saw no ill intention behind the witch-like navi, he felt like he couldn't let down his guard.

Ignoring the question of whether him and Splash was going "Hot and Heavy", Voulge had to interrupt the navi's endless rambling with a question of his own. "My name is Voulge.EXE, and do you mind if I ask you why you are here in the first place with your...broth?"
Sigh...looked like there wasn't anything in this area. "Doesn't look like there's anything out here...let's go back, Vo-" SplashLady suddenly stopped, as though she'd been shot. "Ggh! What IS that?!?!"

Fortunately, PETs didn't transfer smell information to operators, allowing Sabrina to continue sniffing the clean air of ACDC Park. "What? Something happen?"

"Uggggh...." The mermaid Navi's voice suddenly went flat, as though she was trying to speak without using her nose. "Something reeks...and it's not brimstone..."

"Too bad I can't switch Navis while you're in the Net...it wouldn't even faze SplashMan, probably."

"Yeah, I really wish I didn't have a nose about now..." Hmm? Looked like some kind of witch in the distance, stirring something...which explained a lot, actually. Voulge, who appeared to be relatively unaffected by the stench, was eager to check it out. "I dunno, I can barely take it all the way over here..."

"Oh, come on! It can't be any worse than that time mom experimented with blue cheese...ugh, just thinking about that makes me wanna hurl..."

"...Fine, but if Navis can puke and I do, it's on your head!" After taking a moment to fortify herself for the idea of it getting worse, she headed for the third Navi, complete with stereotypical witch's brew, which seemed to be the source of her nasal discomfort. The witch, however, seemed to be completely unaffected, and started chatting with them. ...Hot and heavy? Yeah right.

And yet, ever so slightly, to where even SplashLady didn't realize she was doing it...she blushed. "N-no, we're just friends..." Luckily for her, the odor of the green stuff managed to snap her out of it. "Gah! I gotta ask...what IS that you're stirring?!"
As the old witch continued to ramble, Voulge interrupted her in the middle of her rant, just in time. "-anditwasjustsovery- Hm? What's that? This?" she said, gesturing to her gigantic pit of goo casually. "Ohohohoho, this is just something I cooked up. Don't mind the smell, dears, it's just the little spices acting up. And I do live here, as you can see from my little place over there. Use your head when you talk, boy," said the witch, addressing Voulge at the last bit with mock displeasure.

Suddenly, the mixture of green slop bubbled furiously and gradually turned a deep greyish color. The smell from the gigantic pit disappeared, and began to smell like actual food, kind of like a simple soup or something. Even though this was the case, the concoction itself looked no less disgusting than before. The witch Navi turned back to it, and cackled, "Ho, it's done! Aha! Oho!" Then, she reached into her tattered robes, and pulled out a large green bowl of sorts. The bowl looked oddly familiar for some reason as the witch scooped up a large portion of the bubbling mix into it.

She then turned to the rest, and offered the bowl to them. "Ho, wouldn't do if I had this alone, what with how much I made, wouldn't do at all. Have some, dears?"
Living this deep in a Rogue Net, especially in a deserted network as Hades? Voulge was surprised by the witch in many ways, but in the end, it only made him even more uneasy about the navi. "...I'm sorry, I just didn't expect anyone to be living in a place like this."

Then, a smell came up to Voulge's nose, something which was actually noticeable to the navi's sense. The spearman simply took the bowl of gray goop from the witch without second thought, most likely to show good gesture, but started to think twice if he was to drink this strange mixture that had everyone in a daze with its (nonexistent) smell.

"Urrp...Errohgawd, I don't care what it smells now, there's no friggen way I can look at that thing with a straight face." said Ignis as him and Licht kept their distance away from the bowl of "soup". Voulge was still puzzled by how bad the smell could've been, only taking in the scent of an average broth as he took the bowl directly to his nose.

"O-Of course."

With nothing to fear and nothing to lose, the navi tilted the bowl up to take a small sip...and nothing more, just in case.
Don't mind the smell? At this rate it was going to take years just to-hmm? Suddenly, her nose wasn't being violently assaulted. Apparently the witch wasn't kidding. It wasn't exactly cyber-restaurant worthy, but it even started to smell...slightly appetizing. Slightly. And the appearance wasn't exactly making her drool.

Still, they got offered. And Voulge was being polite enough to take a swig. Guess she should follow suit...mustering up her courage, SplashLady took the bowl for herself, before taking a good look at the goop, wondering exactly what kind of spices it would take to create a smell like...whatever it was earlier. It'd make a heck of a BattleChip, that was for sure. "Um...sure." With a deep breath, she took a single gulp of the concoction, hoping desperately that it tasted better than it looked. And previously, smelled.
Voulge and SplashLady accepted the offer from the strange Navi, and took a small sip each of the grey soup. A plain, unassuming taste registered in their mouths; they couldn't exactly pinpoint what was in the soup itself. It was quite thick for a soup, as well, to the point that one might as well have called it porridge, but there was nothing solid inside. It really wasn't all that bad, if one was to be honest. A simple, filling meal. After she drank the soup, however, SplashLady happened to examine the bowl she, and saw that a little cross was etched into the front, with two lines circling the bowl near the edge from the sides of the cross. She couldn't exactly remember when she saw that design before, but it was really, really familiar.

The black-clad Navi showed a grin that looked particularly mischievous as she scooped up some of the broth for herself in a similar-looking bowl. Green bowl, with a cross and line design. She set down her gigantic stirring spoon, and sipped from the bowl. "So, how is it, dears?" she inquired politely after a gulp. However, just as one of them was about to answer, both felt that they really, really had to do something important. Something like complete regurgitation. And there wasn't any time to go anywhere else, either. It was that very second or they felt as if their stomachs would burst.
Hmm...the soup was surprisingly not horrible. At the very least, it tasted like it was actually something that was edible. ...Huh? Looked like the bowl had a design on it. While she normally wouldn't have cared, something about it seemed familiar to her. But, she couldn't place her finger on where or when she'd seen it...nope, nothing.

"Well, to be honest..." As she was just about to answer the witch, SplashLady suddenly began to tremble, not feeling well for some reason. She suddenly fell to her knees, as her stomach started to feel as though someone put a balloon in there and was pumping it full of air, even after her innards stopped cooperating. "......BBBLLLEEEAAACCCHH!!!" And just like that, the spot in front of the mermaid Navi turned green, as the soup she had drunk exited through the same opening it had come in through. Naturally, hers had already been diluted with water, though this just meant there was more to hack up. All she could really do at that point was weakly clutch her stomach, and hope desperately there wasn't a Round 2...
"...See? There's nothing wrong with." Said Voulge after taking the sip of the soup. It wasn't anything that perked up the navi's taste buds, but it was much more edible than he had imagined judging by everyone's reaction to its former smell.

"I can't believe you actually drank that...You're gonna hurl a chunk dude, I swear."

Voulge watched the witch-like navi taking a sip of her own brew nonchalantly, putting a part a of his mind at ease...Until something began to kick in. The spearman began to sweat, not from the intense heat of Hades, but from the sheer will he was exerting to stop the inevitable from occurring. "...Oh shit. I was actually kidding about that, but you seriously gotta do it, don't you??" said Ignis as if he trying to mock Voulge.

The navi had no time to respond back or anything, but it was too late. Dropping the bowl to the ground, Voulge did the best he could as he turned and let nature flow...
After cleansing their systems with a healthy amount of expulsion, SplashLady and Voulge felt much better. The green mess in front of them sizzled angrily against the white paneling of the network, revealing the terror that they had just ingested. However, that was not all of it. The acidic green suddenly sprang up in front of them, creating strange humanoid figures completely and wholly covered in the stuff. What was even more strange, though, was that apparently their digital vomit had HP values. ...HP values that now seemed very, very familiar to them.

Through all this, the witch Navi watched, satisfied; she cackled loudly. "Ohohohoho! Success! Enjoy your demons, ho! Squick sends you season's greetings!"[font=Chiller][/font]

And with that, a swirling whirlpool appeared in the middle of her pot, in which she backflipped into, dropping her Metool-hat bowl. The whirlpool subsided rapidly after she had entered, and quickly shifted its appearance into the green puke SplashLady and Voulge had drank. Thus, the team was left with the two dripping acid-covered... demons, using the witch's words. The figures stuck their arms (or what looked like arms) into their bodies, and pulled out two long objects. Which, after complete extraction, turned out to be polearm and trident.

... Yeeeeah, this was going to be fun.

-- ENEMIES --
Trident-Demon.X44: 350 HP (Acid)
Polearm-Demon.X45: 250 HP (Acid)

-- OBJECTS --
Thatched-Roof Hut: 1200 HP

-- ALLIES --
SplashLady.EXE: 350 HP (Normal)
Voulge.EXE: 250 HP (Normal)
Ignis.SP: 30 HP (Normal)
Licht.SP: 45 HP (Normal)

-- TERRAIN --
50% Acid (Where Demons stand, as well as giant pit)
50% Normal (Everywhere else)

-- BATTLE 05, READY? START!! --
Despite now having a nasty taste in her mouth, SplashLady's stomach settled down after her display of involuntary bulemia. Using her trident as a crutch, she stood up, only to see her own puke rise up, complete with a three pronged weapon of its own. ...Uh, shoot. And, what was that witch saying about success? "Hey! Did you do this on purpose?!" She pointed threateningly, but it was too late, as the one responsible was gone. Nothing left but the bowl...which she now realized was a Mettaur helmet. ...This wasn't good. "Shoot, she really got us...but I don't get it. Why would she do this to begin with?""

"Well, even Cyberworld has its fair share of freaks. At least next time we'll know enough not to drink weird green soup, right?"

"Yeah...and if I ever run into that witch again, she's getting some just desserts to go with her soup!" After all, she DID say that she lived in Hades. If they came back, they could always keep an eye peeled...which may or may not have been an ingredient in that soup. Eww, what was she thinking when she drank that? "Voulge! Sabrina!" The mermaid Navi raised her trident, and pointed it at the low pH foes. "We're going to burn and wash away these things, then we're gonna hunt that Navi down and make her pay for this! Got it?"

"Sounds good to me!" Hmm...though, come to think of it, wasn't it a bad idea to add water to acid? ...Or was it adding acid to water? Meh, chemistry wasn't her favorite subject. "They might technically be more liquid than you, but there's no way they can beat true water power!" And nothing said water power like...water. Lots and lots of it. "BattleChip, WaterLine2! Slot in!"

SplashLady's left hand found itself transforming into one of the strongest forms it had ever materialized into: an AquaGear virus look-alike. As soon as it fully formed, it opened its mouth wide, and acted as though it let out a mighty roar, even though it made no noise whatsoever. The ground, however, seemed to heed its call, as several spots below the surface began to appear slightly wet, and not from acid. With little further warning, three geysers forcefully expelled themselves from panels with enormous force, to give their dopplegangers a nice 'welcome' to the battle. Unfortunately, they couldn't last long, and thus simply died down after a few moments; even a water-based Navi like her wasn't capable of boosting it that much.

"Good job! Now, uh..." Hmm. Well, they just attacked from the ground, so why not the air? "Got it! BattleChip, MediumCloud! Slot in!"

As her left hand returned to normal, the watery fighter raised in to the air, as a ball of water appeared in it. It quickly expanded, forming a rain cloud, which rose high above the battlefield as it moved forward towards the green enemies. As it approached, it began to release its own form of liquid death, and needle-like rain plummeted from it down to the surface. It moved slightly as it did so, to ensure that no foe could simply take one step to avoid it completely. Yep, water was great...formless enough to attack from virtually anywhere, yet solid enough to really hurt if used properly. Furious, yet beautiful. The mermaid Navi couldn't help but take a moment to let it all soak in.

Which her operator managed to pick up, causing a slight change of plans. "Battl-erk! Hey, quit staring into space! That's not like you at all!" SplashLady was usually focused...why was she drifting off like that? Sabrina didn't have to ponder the question, however, instead drawing another form of weaponized data, and commencing its transfer to her Navi. "Fine, whatever...watch this! BattleChip, AquaDragon! Slot in!"

Though operator, Navi, nor allies could know where, a panel began to turn a watery blue. For a moment, it seemed content to simply provide non-hazardous liquid, though both SplashLady and Voulge would know far better than that. Indeed, a mighty WaterDragon suddenly rose from the pool, letting loose the roar that a mere hand alteration could never provide. It began to slither forward, each undulation triggering the ground below it to become water-based. At times it almost seemed to be more content to do that than actively attack the opposition, but should its path veer that way, a wrath that most BattleChips could only aspire to awaited the acidic copies. Their only salvation was that after a few moments, the dragon appeared to be satisfied with the increase in oceanic landscaping, diving into the final panel to turn to the life aquatic, finally causing its Navi summoner to snap out of her trance. "...Ah, shoot! I can't believe I blanked out like that! Ugh, sorry everyone!"

"Don't worry about it! I already sent you one more chip, though..." And that chip had been provided under the assumption that she would merely stand there, watching the various forms of watery death. Not that it couldn't work otherwise, of course. "BattleChip, CurseShield! Slot in!"

Another virus entered the fray on the water Navi's side, this one among the Net's more feared; the mighty Dominerd. Unlike the other two, however, it was content to float in place in front of SplashLady. A problem would only arise if it was hit, in which case the guilty party would receive the gift of an angry virus's jaws...at which point she would become defenseless, and be forced into the good ol' tactic of avoiding enemy fire as quickly and as well as possible. At least she was well-rehearsed in such actions.

[Order of Turn:
1-WaterLine2 chip attack on Trident-Demon.X44 and Polearm-Demon.X45 (130+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
2-MediumCloud chip attack on Trident-Demon.X44 and Polearm-Demon.X45 (90+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
3-AquaDragon chip attack on Trident-Demon.X44 and Polearm-Demon.X45 (150+15, Aqua, creates 25% Sea terrain before disappearing) (Aqua Boost)
4-CurseShield1 chip on SplashLady (160, blocks and counters an attack)
5-Dodge
6-Dodge]
"*Cough cough hack*"

Whatever the soup had inside, it was quickly expelled through Voulge's mouth...and he couldn't feel any better than he could've been. "Ur-urgh. That's friggen sic-nasty man, don't even let me see it!" As Voulge wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, he turned towards Splash, only to immediately face the other way as she was just as unfortunate as he was with the "soup"

"...Are you alright? I'm sorry Splash, maybe I should've paid attention to your...sense of smell." But before they could have the time to collect themselves from the sudden expulsion and ask questions to the witch, the puke began to form into a humanoid shape and the witch made a quick escape. "Some turn of events...Seriously, I could've never guessed something like this would happen." said Marius in an unusually calm tone, not even phased by the fact that they were duped by the strange witch.

Strangely, seeing how they would need to fight these copycats, Voulge was reminded of his first time in Hades net where he also fought a copycat...only it wasn't made out of pukes. With a grin forming on his face, Voulge took up his spear and was ready to test his strength against the mimics that stood before him and Splash. "Aye, Splash. Lets finish them off quickly!"

Voulge slammed the end of the spear straight down to the ground, causing a small shock to scatter across the field. Soon, bits and pieces of gravels and rocks began to float up and gather into a single circular plate, ready to fend off any incoming attacks. "Voulge, wait for a second." Marius quickly intervened before his navi sprung into action. "...If this is just like the last time when we fought a copycat, they may also share some of your abilities. Namely, your shield." The spearman looked down at his earthly shield and nodded his head quietly. "Then you should know where I'm going with this...Slot in!"

As soon as the chips were uploaded into Voulge, the navi lifted his free hand up into the sky to create a small, yellow satellite. Hovering just above its master's head, the Lock-On's single camera eye adjusted it self towards its two targets and brought its menacing machine gun barrel out from its body. "Go!" Voulge swung his raised his hand down and pointed towards the mimics, causing the Lock-On to unleash its unnaturally accurate rapid fire down onto the mimics.

"Licht, give me support. Ignis, you stay put. You don't wanna be nearly killed off like last time, do you?" said Voulge with a small smile. But even before Voulge gave out his command, the two SPs were already far away from where the actions were brewing. "Y-yea, sure. Why not. I don't even wanna be near pukey anyways! Alright, Licht! Go get 'im!"

Licht was just as hesitant about getting near the freak-of-nature as Ignis was, but acting as a good, loyal SP that he was, he took one for the team and began to approach the mimics...But stopping only a few feet away from where he was before. Seeing how he was already in a good position to launch his attack, Licht began to generate a powerful gust of wind from its body and shot it forward, ripping off a single panel off the ground and headed directly towards Voulge's mimic.

The spearman saw that Licht's attack was finished, but didn't rely on the fact that it hit the target or not. He held his spear behind his arm with one hand and began to run straight towards the acidic terrain without hesitation. "Slot in, Totem!" In the last second, Voulge planted his spear into the ground as a emergency break, stopping the navi from diving head first into the dangerous terrain. When he landed safe and sound, Voulge's next line of action was to fall back and prepare for upcoming attacks, baffling Ignis as he watched from the side line.

"What was that about?! Running in like an idiot, chickening out in the last second like an idiot, and running away like an idiot again? Pff, what an idiot!"

But the hole left by the spear began to glow bright orange as soon as Voulge was out of the way, soon spreading out into a good 2 foot radius before it exploded in a small flare. The Totem was revealed from the spear hole and began its obnoxious laughter that was just as strange as the witch from before. With its large eyes, it began to stare at the slimes and let out its wooden tongue at disgust. Now having a personal motif to get rid of the abominations, the Totem began to suck up air through his mouth and belched out waves of green flames down into the pit of acid.

"Marius, the next chip!"

After getting into a safe distance away from the acids, Voulge stopped at the gaping hole left by Licht's previous attack. He then swiped his spear across the hole and began to shout across the battlefield. "Come forth! Cleave my enemies in half!" His words began to echo down the hole in front of him and soon, a pitch black figure rose from the very same hole. Brandishing a black sword as its right arm and blankly staring forward with its single eye, the virus was simply itching to cut down its foe with it in any given moment. However, Voulge had its palm up as a sign to wait and promptly placed his hand on the Nightmare's back. The virus' body soon began to glow in dark red and soon underwent a transformation. It's black body began to have orange trimming that was pulsating in bright light, it's sword's length increased and sharpness, and its once blank look even changed into a fiercer, angrier look.

"Destroy!!"

The upgraded Nightmare immediately acted upon Voulge's command as it teleported directly in front of the mimic. The virus held its sword out as far as it could and brought down a quick, precise swing across its target, leaving a trail of glowing ashes where it swung its sword. As quickly as it appeared, the Nightmare teleported back to its hole and began to drop down, soon reverting back to its normal form before it completely vanished.

"...That new guy needs to loosen up." said Ignis as he and Licht was constantly keeping their distance away from the battle.

* Phalanx Aspis [2-hit Shield]
* Tempero Flamma [Strengthen [40]]
1. Lock-On2 [15x6 / Lockon Per Hit / Omnishoe / Mobile / 80 HP] {A} @ Polearm-Demon (x3) / Trident-Demon (x3)
Licht: PanelShot [100 / Terrain / 5% Broken] {B} @ Polearm-Demon
2. Movement towards the edge of Normal/Acid
3. Totem2 [140+[color=red]15[/color]+Spread 2 /or/ 70 Heal / Changes When Hit / 3 Turns / 100 HP] {A|S} @ Polearm-Demon / Trident-Demon
4. Dodge
5. Dodge
6. SummonBlack2 [200+[b]40[/b] / Wide / Slash / Requires Broken or Missing Terrain] {A} @ Polearm-Demon / Trident-Demon
Ignis: Dodge x3
Licht: Dodge x2

Cooldown:
Totem: 3 Turns
With both sides prepping up for combat, SplashLady started it off with a powerful burst of water directed towards both of her enemies, but only hit one of them, that was the trident-wielder. (145) The acid-covered enemy retaliated with one of her own, but not directed at SplashLady; it targeted her ally instead! Fortunately, his shield absorbed the blow quite easily, and he sent up a Lock-On satellite to attack them. The trident-wielder evaded the barrage easily, and the polearm user put up a familiar-looking shield to protect itself from one of the shots. It received one hit, though. (15)

After that, the Navis kept on their torrent of attacks, SplashLady being quite literal in it as she sent down a MediumCloud, which pretty much ruined their attackers' day with a hail of needled rain. The polearm wielder was extremely unlucky to have not dodged the attack (115), but the trident-user was quite agile, yet again dodging the attack. Licht sent a piece of terrain flying towards the polearm demon, and it hit quite soundly. (100)

An AquaDragon followed up the assault, but the trident user lifted its arm, and nullified it with a blast of powerful acid! The corrosive substance flew everywhere, a little close to home for the valiant fighters. The polearm demon also had another attack to retaliate, summoning a small AirRaid which tore through the battlefield with its erratic firing. SplashLady got hit once, but she put up her CurseShield just in time, allowing the Dominerd to interrupt the firing with a sound chompin'.

Meanwhile, Voulge put up a Totem or something which aimed at both the demons. The trident demon once again proved a very annoying adversary as it completely dodged the attack, while the polearm demon wasn't so lucky, and received a fatal hit. Unfortunately, it seemed unbeaten yet, as it remained with a sliver of its health left. When Voulge summoned up a Nightmare to finish them off, it retaliated with one of its own, canceling that out as well.

What was worse, the demons seemed to be healing the damage they took with the acid, absorbing some of the terrain into themselves. (+30) (+30)

-- ENEMIES --
Trident-Demon.X44: 235 HP (Acid)
Polearm-Demon.X45: 31 HP (Acid)

-- OBJECTS --
Lock-On2: 80 HP
Totem2: 100 HP

-- ALLIES --
SplashLady.EXE: 350 HP (Normal) (CurseShield Used) (MediumCloud 1/2)
Voulge.EXE: 250 HP (Normal) (1-Hit Shield)

-- TERRAIN --
50% Acid (Where Demons stand, as well as giant pit)
15% Sea (A bit of where acid used to be)
30% Normal (Everywhere else)
5% Broken (Next to Licht)
...Yeesh, that acid thing sure loved to dodge. It looked like they were even using some versions of their own BattleChips...yeah, battlewise, they looked like they were pretty good copies. But, what about on the inside? Could they do anything else besides fight? Probably not. Which actually gave SplashLady an idea. "You know...I just got a great idea!"

"And that would be?"

"Well, these things can battle. But Voulge and I have something that's more powerful than a battle program...we have the power of the heart!"

"Oh, that...I see what you're getting at. Just a sec!" Sabrina pressed a button just below her PET's screen, causing a menu to come up, featuring mugshots of several other Navis, along with corresponding buttons to press for each of them. Let's see...there he was. Button to go with Voulge, pressed. And subsequent confirmation screen, passed. "Things are about to heat up! Cross System, online! VoulgeCross, activate!"

A flame suddenly began to cover the three prongs of the Navi's trident, who silently flipped it around, and slammed it into the ground. In what would seem to be rather uncharacteristic for such a water-based being, a beam of fire erupted from the panel and surrounded her...

Her wetsuit began to absorb the flame, causing it to turn red. Her gloves followed suit, though they instead became a metallic gray, though their trails were simply burned to ash. The shells on her chest were set ablaze next, causing them to expand and change shape, becoming a simple gray breastplate. Her skirt followed similar suit, which became the same shade of gray as her gloves...though it also proceeded to burn to just above the knee. revealing that her legs had the same treatment as her arms. Finally, her helmet shifted to gray, though it also appeared to thick in the middle slightly. In fact, every part that became the color of smoke appeared thicker than it normally appeared; a close look would reveal that it was closer to mail than its usual material. Even her hair saw a bit of an increase; it now trailed down partly through her back, tied into a ponytail not unlike her ally...

As the flames around her died down, she removed her weapon from the earth, now revealing a single pointed spear, doused in a red aura. In fact, SplashLady herself appeared to be on fire herself now, though the fact it was slowly fading showed it was simply for effect, instead of an actual technique. Casually spinning her weapon around, it was fanned into oblivion, before she pointed it straight forward at the green enemies. "You can copy our abilities...you can copy our BattleChips...heck, you might even be able to copy this. But one thing you'll never, EVER be able to copy...is the friendship between Voulge and I! It can't just be rewritten...you have to get to know your ally, what kind of Navi they truly are. And thanks to it, that's why there's no way we can be defeated. Especially by something like you!"

"...Nice speech, but that's laying it on a little thick, don't you think?"

"I don't think so. That's just how I feel." She looked over at Voulge, and simply smiled. "Wouldn't you agree?"

Shifting her focus back to her low-pH doppelganger, the newly fiery Navi adopted a more serious expression, as she began to spin her spear rapidly again. This time, however, the air was displacing began to turn orange, as it became incredibly heated en route to the enemies. Oddly enough, it didn't seem to harm her foes, but of more interest was the ground the gust was touching: it was starting to bubble for a different purpose, shifting into another, hotter liquid. Oh, the might of lava. "I'll be done in a sec, so Sabrina, get ready for the offensive!"

"Well, duh." Why was it crosses always made SplashLady just bossy enough to be annoying? It really made her want to just scrap her entire cross system...even if it was the reason SplashLady came to exist in the first place. "But just because you're fighting with someone else doesn't mean you call all the shots! Got it?" Okay, since there was now lava, Aqua attacks would get a nice boost. And since the Navi liked to dodge a lot, it might help to use something with high accuracy. Thank goodness for WideShot. It made life as an Operator WAY easier. "BattleChip, WideShot3! Slot in!"

The rear of the lance transformed, becoming an oddly shaped water gun. Hardly new to the process of that chip, SplashLady simply flipped her weapon, revealing the ultimate in WideShot technology to her acidic copy. As if by second nature, she nearly instantly aimed and fired the wide burst of water, which sailed forward with great force...yet, it seemed less powerful this time, barely stronger than even her usual WideShot2. Perhaps it was because of her elemental shift? Strangely, she didn't especially care about it, either. "That's a good start...now, what are we going to do next?"

"Well, since you're using Voulge's power, I think we should fight a little more like him. And since he has those shields and stuff, I think we should go more defensive!" And there were a couple of ways to do that...one of which involved grabbing chips featuring pictures of Yort viruses and shoving them into the chip insertion slot. ...Yort. That sounded like some kind of alien greeting instead of a virus name. But she digressed, which wasn't easy when one was only thinking to themselves. "BattleChip, Yo-Yo! Double slot in!"

The douser of many a foe vanished from the bottom of the spear, only to be replacing by an odd, claw-looking apparatus...that appeared to be heavier than it looked, as the Navi uncharacteristically fumbled with her weapon for a moment before regaining command. Despite its being seemingly unwieldy, she nonetheless readied it, aimed it, and caused the 'claw' to open, revealing nothing but black emptiness...or so it seemed, for from seemingly nowhere, a red yo-yo with rotating saw blades shot forward, tearing at the air as it sped forward. Fairly quickly, however, it began to slow down a bit, going so far as to completely stop for a moment; ideally, the spot was the same as the green enemy. Despite this, the blades never stopped their primary purpose of shredding anything and everything that it came in contact with. Unfortunately, this also caused the hazardous 'toy' to reverse its momentum, spinning back to the apparatus from whence it came. As it re-entered the gray and blue device, the 'claw' clamped shut, signaling the end of the attack...yet did not fade as one would expect. Instead, the newly burning Navi re-aimed once again, and opened the pincer, launching a second stringed buzzsaw at her foe, which behaved identically to the first, save for possible accuracy changes. Once it returned to its source, however, the weight of it suddenly caused SplashLady to lower it to the ground, lacking the raw physical strength to continue holding the apparatus. "Even the power of two can't lift this thing...ugh!"

"Well, that's why we have this, right?" Time for one final BattleChip...and double points for it being something they got from their busting partners. "BattleChip, IronShield2! Slot in!"

A large shield rose in front of the weighted down Navi, sturdy enough to take several good blows without crumbling. Which was good, since at the moment there was no way she was moving. Still, at least it'd give her protection. ...Come to think of it, didn't Sabrina get that chip from Voulge's operator? One more reason to be glad he was around, she figured.

[Order of Turn:
1-Activate VoulgeCross (Become Fire/Guts, +15 to Fire chips, +20 max HP)
2-Aquilo Solaris Cross Sig attack on area around enemy Navis (Large Area Lava Terrain Change)
3-WideShot3 chip attack on Trident-Demon.X44 (100, Aqua, Wide Attack)
4-Yo-Yo1 chip attack on Trident-Demon.X44 (40, Slashing, hits up to three times, lowers user's dodge, blocks frontal projectiles)
5-Yo-Yo1 chip attack on Trident-Demon.X44 (40, Slashing, hits up to three times, lowers user's dodge, blocks frontal projectiles)
6-IronShield2 chip attack on SplashLady (4-hit shield)]
Voulge watched as his Blackmare simply collided with the clone's own, negating the two completely. "Even going far as to copy out battleships...This has gone too far." The navi stood with his spear in his arm and his beaten shield on the other, facing towards his own counterpart with a mean look in his eyes.

Despite the fact that the clone was in a far worse condition than he was after the battle, Voulge was simply irritated at the mere existence of the clone. On the other hand, Splash's clone was doing a far better job as it successfully dodged almost everything thrown at it. "This fight is going to get pretty long if this keeps up...We won't be able to catch up with that witch."

More he thought about it, more is got to him. How the witch was able to make a clone of Voulge with a single nasty soup was definitely getting to him as he gnashed his teeth together and stomped the end of the spear down to the ground."I've had enough. Let's end this now, Splash."

Voulge's emblem flashed in a blue light and instantly transformed the navi into his SplashCross, leaving no time for any of the fancy change sequences as the spearman was dead serious about finishing the fight. As he saw Splash also activating her own Cross and listened to her heart-felt speech, Voulge's determination grew fiercer. "I won't go easy on you two...Stealing our identities like it's nothing, it has crossed the line! With my partner's powers, I will wash you away once and for all!" The navi struck his trident forward, pointing its edge towards the vomit-clones, and prompted the two objects summoned by him to prepare for an assault. "Attack!"

The lock-on satellite and the totem was more than willing to act as they began to attack immediately after the command was issued. First to go was the precise barrage of machinegun fire laid out by the lock-on, again attempting to break through the initial line of defense placed by the clones. Then it was the totem's turn, slurping in as much air as it could into its mouth and belched out a wave of flame that swept though the field of acids.

"W-WAIT, NO! LET ME FINISH HIM OFF!!"

Ignis was suddenly filled with enthusiasm to join the fight this late as he jumped up and down to catch Voulge's attention. "You understand, right, tinhead? You know how much I hate your guts and everything, but I'm a man of reason, choosing to make this thin alliance between us so we could bust some nuts and things like that!" The spearman didn't seem to care what Ignis was going on about, but the least he could do was nod his head. "Right! So this may be the ONLY chance that I may be able to take out all my frustrations towards you, via, towards this vomit s'tank that you hurled out!"

With nothing but a sigh to reply to Ignis' proposition, Voulge turned towards Splash and pointed towards the clones once more. "We'll do a two-pronged attack. You and Ignis take the front, I'll take the back!" The moment after he explained his tactics, the navi teleported just behind the clones in a blink of an eye. Voulge was able to hover a few inch off the pool of acid thanks to his hovershoes, but even then, this was a type of terrain he never faced before and couldn't help but to be cautious about it.

"Golemhit! Slot in!"

The chip's data coursed through Voulge's body and moved straight into the trident, changing the form of the polearm into a sleek, white war hammer. "No, this isn't enough!" Tightening his grip over his new weapon, veins of blue light began to course through the white war hammer and enlarged the hammer head almost two folds.

"Licht, Licht! Give me a hand...Er...BOOST, I NEED SOME BOOST." As Ignis prepared his signature flame arms, Licht began to spin his body around and shot forth a stream of wind to carry his sibling forward. Ignis rode the wind straight towards the clones, but since he was lacking any defense against any of the acid, he made the attempt to stop at the edge of the terrains. "EAT THIS AND DIEEEEEEE!" The SP launched his burning arm towards Voulge's vomit-clone, hoping that his attack would finish it off and, as mentioned, relieve all his stress towards a certain navi.

At the same moment, Voulge swung his hammer sideways, aiming for Splash's clone first as it the one with the most health. He wondered for a split second if a crushing attack such as this would do any harm to liquid-body enemies such as these clones, but that didn't matter, for the first time in a long time, Voulge was completely driven by his emotion to end this battle quickly. "BEGONE!!" The hammer made its first contact and instantly changed its size back to normal, reducing the amount of damage it will do against Voulge's clone, but it still didn't mean it lost its power all together as this blow could easily finish off an average navi.

"That's enough, Voulge. Fall back and wait!"

Obeying Marius' command, Voulge did back away from the clones as he created another shield for a possible surprise attack. The navi was far from satisfied with just a single attack, but their enemies was capable of dishing out the same amount of damage through their copied battlechips, so they could still pose serious danger. However, Voulge saw SplashLady and her unending assault against the clone with her yo-yo, questioning if she had thought this through in the first place.

"Marius, send me an Arrow2. It would at least put my mind at ease."

The operator replied with a sigh and a quick shake of his head, not even making an effort to argue as he slotted the requested chip. "You gotta promise to cool your head after this, got it?" The chip's data now changed the polearm into a single javelin, shooting off electric surges every now and then. Voulge held the javelin in an underhand and threw it straight at his enemies in an Olympian precision, causing the acid to ripple from the strength exerted from the throw.

"I can promise that, Marius."

On the side line, Ignis and Licht hurdled together far away from the intensity of the battle, not planning to take part of all this what so ever. "Oh man, Licht. My heart was thumpin' like crazy when I attacked that thing. For a moment, I thought he was gonna smack me in the head like tinhead always do..." After listening to his sibling's tales, Licht felt like he should help his leader out, even in the slightest way. It hovered towards the totem near the edge and gave it a swift headbutt before it dashed away, shifting the object's property so that it would provide a healing support from now on.

* Tempero Flamma [Strengthen [40]]
1. Activate SplashCross [[color=blue]+15[/color] to Aqua Chips / +20 Max HP]
* Lock-On2 [15x6 / Lockon Per Hit / Omnishoe / Mobile / 80 HP] {A} @ Polearm-Demon (x3) / Trident-Demon (x3)
* Totem2 [140+Spread 2 /or/ 70 Heal / Changes When Hit / 3 Turns / 100 HP] {A|S} @ Polearm-Demon / Trident-Demon
2. AreaGrab [Teleport] {S} Behind Trident-Demon
* Licht: Push Ignis forward
Ignis: FireHit2 [90+[color=red]25[/color] / Impact / Double] {A} @ Polearm-Demon
3. GolemHit [140[b]+40 (Trident-Demon)[/b] / Break / Panel Break / Wide / Melee] {C}@ Polearm-Demon / Trident-Demon
* Phalanx Aspis [2-hit Shield]
4. Dodge
5. Dodge
6. Arrow2 [130 / Homing] {B} @ Trident-Demon
Licht: Hit Totem [1]
Ignis: Dodge x2
Licht: Dodge x2

Cooldown:
Totem: 2 Turns
As Voulge and SplashLady activated each others' Crosses, they gained each others' powers. While they did so, Voulge's various vicious vanguards rained down on the demons, nullifying the demons' healing (15x2) (15x2) as well as roasting the polearm-wielder once and for all (140)! The trident-wielder moved out of the way of the Totem fire, but couldn't get out of the Lock-On's range. Suddenly, it recovered most of its damage (+120) and most of its wounds covered up!

SplashLady turned the corrosive acid beneath the demon into something she could step on and the demon couldn't: searing-hot lava! The Demon shrieked in horror, and went about leaping off the hot terrain as quickly as possible. As it tried to do so, however, a WideShot landed smack in its face, multiplied in damage by the lava terrain before it could get off! (200) Meanwhile, Voulge decided to teleport up behind the enemy, and deliver a powerful punch, but it was simply too fast for the slow-hitting attack to connect. Ignis, however, did manage to smack the demon, with the polearm user now out of the picture. (115)

In a last-ditch attempt, the demon swung its trident at Voulge, but the Navi had already dodged out of the way to make way for SplashLady's painfully shredding Yo-Yo attack! (40) (40)

-- ENEMIES --
Trident-Demon.X44: DELETED
Polearm-Demon.X45: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Lock-On2: 80 HP
Totem2: 100 HP

-- ALLIES --
SplashLady.EXE: 370 HP (Normal) (VoulgeCross) (MediumCloud 1/2)
Voulge.EXE: 270 HP (Normal) (SplashCross) (1-Hit Shield)

-- TERRAIN --
50% Lava (Where Acid used to be)
15% Sea (A bit of where acid used to be)
30% Normal (Everywhere else)
5% Broken (Next to Licht)

-- TEAM BATTLE 05, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

SplashLady: [PoisonSeed] Battlechip, 3000z, 9 FXP
Voulge: 3500z, 9 FXP, 31 BugFrags
"Ha...and that's just what I meant!" SplashLady's appearance shifted back to normal, as the battle routines ended and the effects of the Cross vanished. "They can try and copy us, but there's nothing like the real thing!"

"Dang straight! So, what'd we get from that fight? I'm kinda curious what kind of chip those things might drop..."

Two reward piles remained, each one laying where their respective doppelgangers had experienced their final bit of pain. After a moment of deciding, she decided that each should get the one from their own copy. "Voulge, let's take the data piles from our own copies! And, I just wanna say...great job! I know I don't say it much, but I'm really glad we're teammates like this." Pointing her newly reformed trident at it, the acidic SplashLady data was sent over to her operator.

Who promptly noticed the incoming chip data. "All right, let's see what chip it is...PoisonSeed? So...the acid was actually a kind of poison, I guess?"

All the Navi did was shrug, as she raised her arm to wipe her face...huh? "Oh, eww! Somehow I got residue on me!" Yep, right there on her right glove...and left glove...and on the fins decorating her skirt...even her shell decoration on her chest. Seriously, how'd she get that filthy? They didn't even touch her. "Seriously, how?"

"Uh, I dunno if you noticed, but they were splashing whenever you hit them. That last Yo-Yo was a doozie...that's probably where you got a lot of it. You even got a little on your helmet!"

"I did? Ugh..." Well, there was one way to rectify this. With one hand, she removed her helmet, and tossed it into the pool of water created during the battle. "I'm just going to have to wash it off!"

Setting her weapon down for a minute, everything on her body that wasn't blue or directly attached to her body started finding itself making a splash in the pool. The gloves were the first in, so she could be certain her wetsuit got gunk on it. Next up, her skirt was pulled down, and it, too, became submerged. Finally, her shells were tossed in, leaving her with nothing on save for a skin tight wetsuit and boots. She took a moment to take a look, noting that this was the first time she had ever really been able to see herself like this. Not too much where it 'counted', though it appeared she could now sleep at night, knowing that her shells weren't hiding the fact she was entirely flat. Granted, she wasn't exactly going to make every last guy stare at her chest, but it was nice to know that, in a pinch, she didn't look like she had a 10 year old's body.

Regrabbing her trident, she pointed it at the water with her clothes, and started spinning it rapidly. This caused the water itself to start rotating in turn, creating a makeshift washing machine. Once she was sure it'd be a while before it stopped, she dropped it yet again, and started waiting. As she did so, she started to yawn and stretch, not really thinking about what she was doing...

...But then she did.

Every last curve...every subtle aspect of her body shape was now highly visible with their primary source of visual interference gone. Which, normally, wouldn't matter in such a secluded area of an already sparsely populated Net. The problem was the fact she wasn't alone. Slowly, her head turned towards Voulge, her face turning a bit red as her gaze focused on him. "Um, I'm not making you uncomfortable with this, am I?" But, it was odd...even though it should be extremely awkward, it strangely didn't feel that weird for her...why was that?
"ARGH, DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT DA-MINT DAMNIT DAAAAMMNITTTT!"

Ignis exploded in rage as his only chance of alleviating his rage simply disappeared along with the defeat of Voulge-vomit-clone. It immediately began to vent its frustration at the Totem by rapidly headbutting, causing it to spin round and around continuously. "WHY, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT! MY ONE AND ONLY CHANCE OF...ARGHHGAHGEINAON!"

Voulge has calmed himself down after the fight was over, reverting back to his normal form after canceling the shortly-lived SplashCross. Though none of his attack rightfully hit, the navi was simply satisfied that the clones were no more. "So now what. Are you gonna go after Squick?" The operator questioned his navi's next plan. "I don't know. She just disappeared without a trace, I'm not even sure if she's still in the same network."

Getting out from where the pool of acids once resided, Voulge regrouped with Splash and humbly took his share of the loot. "You're right, we are a good team. If we faced them alone, one by one, the result of the battle could have been completely different." The spearman finally let out a sigh of relief as he tried to take the time to rest for the moment. Ignis and Licht returned to their leader's side, but the hotheaded SP still couldn't cool his head even after his abusive treatment to the innocent Totem.

"*Mumblemumble* You know what, I should take it out on that witch-b*tch for all this anger issue I'm having right now. She just had to give me false hope for everything, let's just go burn her house down for all this!"

Voulge haven't realized that a hut was with in the close vicinity after all this time, only focusing on the battle. It was most likely that the hut was Squick's house and it might even lead to some clues to find her. "Hey Splash. Lets go and search that hu..."

As the spearman turned towards his partner, he saw Splash nonchalantly taking her clothes off and dropping it into a nearby pool. Before he could really say anything about it, Splash was already out of her clothes and began to clean it without a care in the world. "...Splash?" It was also that moment that Splash has realized something "off" about all of this and turned towards Voulge with a question. "No. Not at all." The spearman replied rather calmly, despite the fact that he was just as surprised by all of this. He did, however, turn his head away from her as if he was trying to hide something.

"...When ever you're ready, lets go search that hut over there." Said Voulge as he pointed towards the house with his spear. The navi looked down at his own clothes, which was also stained by the acids. He looked side to side to see if anyone was watching and simply began to rub it off with his fingers rather than taking it off for some cleaning like Splash.
Well, it was good that Voulge wasn't TOO freaked out by her sudden stripping. Still, something seemed slightly off, the way he was looking away. He was probably just being polite, but there was something a little weird in how he was doing it...maybe he kinda actually did want to look? She couldn't exactly blame him if he did; her figure was better than she thought it was.

"So...aside from proving that my brother's a perv, any reason you didn't just hop in there yourself and wash everything?"

"I wouldn't've been able to do the whole whirlpool thing, since then I would've gotten all dizzy. And why is your brother a perv?"

"He put in some serious detail when he designed you. Almost too much, if you ask me..."

"Uhh...yeah, I guess. But it's not like it's a bad thing, right? And it's not like he made me to look like a total tramp or anything. Not that you would've let that slide..." Looking over at her impromptu washing machine, SplashLady noticed that it was pretty much done. Grabbing her trident, she started fishing her clothes out with it, and putting them on one by one. Luckily, she didn't have to worry about a dryer; she didn't mind them being wet, and the environment would dry them pretty fast anyway.

"Okay Voulge, you can look now!" Deep down, she was actually slightly disappointed that he was so quick to look away. Made it look like he didn't like what he saw.

"I dunno if you noticed it, but I think we should join in on his suggestion earlier."

"...And what was that...?"

"We march right into that witch's hut, and loot for stuff worth taking!"

"Uh, sure, but isn't that kinda, uh, immoral?"

"Immoral? That's what you're worried about? Come on, she gave you soup that could copy your abilities so you'd throw it up and fight it! We're paying her back for being such a b-" Oh, shoot. There were kids playing in the park near her. She should probably find a more G rated word. "...beldam!" Thank you, Netopian class.

"Uh-huh, I'm sure that's just the word you wanted to use..." Fully clothed once again, the mermaid Navi started moving towards the hut, inviting her fiery friend to follow suit with a wave.

(LOOTING THE HUT WOO)
As SplashLady decided she wanted to clean herself in the middle of nowhere (said nowhere being Rogue Hades) Voulge contemplated on ransacking the hut of the strange witch Navi. After her spring cleaning and consequent drying of her outfit, the mermaid of the two decided she was in, as well. Not really in the conquest of information as in the conquest of full-force revenge. And, of course, as the person herself wasn't there, it was time to take out their anger on a proxy.

The hut's door was unabashedly thrown open to reveal the small insides of the residence. It was a somewhat modest place, with the essentials of living out in the wild found scattered around. The sleeping place was a small cot in the corner of the hut. A large area of the place was taken up by a large cauldron in the middle, which wasn't currently brewing anything sickly-green or anything, but was empty. At the side of the hut, shelves upon shelves of strange ingredients lay dormant and unused for the moment in large jars. Each jar was labeled with an obscure bar code that was probably only readable by its writer.

That was two sides of the wall, and for the third side, there was a large bookcase standing tall and mighty. Filled to the brim with thick tomes of who-knows-what, it looked like Squick was a heavy reader. Well, either that, or she just wanted to look like one to visitors, which were probably rare and far in-between. Near the bookcase, a small table and chair held a book that was left open on a page, and it looked like it was readable, at the very least.

One last thing probably everyone above three feet of height probably missed was a small wooden chest underneath said table, tucked away out of everyone's eyes. It didn't look like it had a lock on it, either.
BOOM! With that, the door was open, and SplashLady started to check out the place. Unfortunately, unless one was into cauldrons and unreadable jars, there wasn't much that could be pillaged. She even skimmed over some of the titles of the books to see if there was anything worth reading, but she could barely even make out some of the words in some of them, and others were completely foreign. Yeah...pass. "I guess it makes sense...we really shouldn't have expected her to have much, I guess."

"Yeah, it's not like she was gonna have a huge stolen BattleChip collection or anything. If there's nothing there, then you might as well just leave everything the way it is. I mean, it's just a regular house. I'm starting to feel bad about sending you in there to wreck it..."

"...I guess. Now that I'm actually in here looking, I don't really feel like destroying the place anymore..." A little disappointed, the mermaid Navi decided to sit down on the ground for a moment, while her partner finished up his own search. "But I gotta admit, I was really hoping she had something awesome we could grab. Even if it wasn't valuable, it'd be nice to get something cool...huh?" Hold on a sec. What was that under the far end of the table? SplashLady crawled over, to notice a small chest. "Oh, hey! There's something here!" She dragged it out with herself, noticing that it was even unlocked. "Wonder what's inside?"

"Well, you might want to be careful. That soup wasn't screaming 'Hey, I'm gonna make you puke your guts up and smack you with them!' when you grabbed it, either."

"Of course! That's why I'm doing...this!" The Navi backed off a few steps, before reaching out with her trident to gently pry it open from a distance.

(OPEN SESAME)