Inside the shop

Happy as she was to have made a new friend and having taken part in major shenanigans, Rania was in a good mood when she arrived into the store. That said, she had been skittish talking about them by the pool, more so on the crowded metroline, and even more so in front of Suitachi, who happened to look like a good male friend of hers. "L-Let's table it for now, okay?" she laughed nervously, before approaching the counter. "Take your time thinking about what you want! I think I've got mine picked out already. I've been carrying around a navicustomizer program for a while that I can't use and it's driving me crazy, you know? Anal retentive personality and all."

HP had always been a favorite of MeleeMan's, seeing as he liked to get close up and personal without much regard to life and limb; she figured he'd probably appreciate the boost. She approached the counter with the usual slightly self-conscious smile that probably made Suitachi think she was remembering another guy she was fond of... which would be a correct assumption. "Not a big spender this time, sorry Suie- tachi, Suitachi," she joked awkwardly, before placing the money on the counter. "Just two navi customizer programs."

((Purchasing for Navi Customizer Expansions 1 and 2 for 5250z

2500 + 2750 = 5250z))
"Of course, just a moment," said Suitachi, who took the piece of paper, and swept under the counter, and brought out the relatively small purchases. He picked up the offered zenny, and verified the amount before ringing up the register. "There we go. Hope you'll decided to spend a bit more later," the shopkeeper grinned. He then turned to the other customer with a different bag. "And for you, miss, that'll be 1600z. Thank you both for coming."

Kiri GET: Process Upgrade x3, HP Memory
Kiri LOSE: 1600z (-> 1336z)

Rania GET: NaviCust Upgrade x2
Rania LOSE: 5250z (-> 1180z)
Kiri bowed her head as thanks to the shopkeeper when she received her purchases. Without much else to do, she left the shop, and began to make the trip back to her Inn.

[[Leaving. Returning to Yoka - Crimson Blossom Ryokan]]
((From -> Sports Day))
----

Following Rania in, Jenny loitered near the door for an extra few seconds to look around and check on CourseMan. She'd calmed considerably on the trip over, and as much as she she was still on an internal high about the day's shenanigans, much of the cautious nature had returned. Also, she was looking forward to getting home and having a proper, hot shower after her dip in the pool. Another part of her, much more secretly, was looking at the need to get home and into the shower quickly for reasons that had little to do with her pool-damp clothes but, now that she'd calmed down, that particular thought was well buried. Instead she concentrated on dealing with the fact that she was still relatively uncertain about navigator upgrades, and browsed the list of options against her available funds for upgrading, with the eye of someone considering value directly. Courser chipped in a few causal suggestions while she worked things out, after his little excursion in Hades a couple of weeks prior. When she stepped up to the counter, after the others in the store, she closed her eyes and took a short breath, fixing things in her mind again before speaking. After her initial greeting, it sounded as much like she was confirming the order to herself as she was relaying it to Suitachi.

"Hi! Ok, so, I'd like... Two Navi customizer expansions. Um, the first two, so, that's 2250. And that will open up enough space for... right, then I'd like a copy each of the First Barrier and Fast Barrier programs. That should be, 7500 together, right? Then, an element shot upgrade, and that'll be another 500... So, that leaves me with enough to get... the first five process upgrade installs." She nodded, mostly to herself. "So, that should be 11750 altogether, I think. Right?" She used her PET to make the transaction, still grinning just a touch uncertainly.

----
Purchasing:

NC Upgrade x 2 (1000 + 1250 = 2250)
First Barrier (2500)
Fast Barrier (5000)
ElementShot Upgrade (500)

Process Upgrades 1-5 (100 + 200 + 300 + 400 + 500 = 1500)

Total: 11750
Current Funds: 12010
Remaining: 260
While Jenny entered the shop with Rania, the shopkeeper patiently waited for the girl to make her choice. The lengthy explanation that Jenny gave to confirm her purchases mostly received only nods from Suitachi, as he appeared to absentmindedly reach under the counter, pulling out a haphazard bunch of upgrades onto the top. As Jenny finished, he nodded one final time, and set aside about half of the items on the counter, bagging them up for thr girl. "Yep, got that all right," he smiled, as he tapped a small scanner onto the PET to confirm the transaction. "Thank you for coming, and have a nice day."

Jenny GET: NaviCust Upgrade x2, [FirstBarrier] [FastBarrier] NCPs, Process Upgrade x5
Jenny LOSE: 11750z (-> 260z)
With another, slightly happier and more confident grin, Jenny thanked Suitachi and accepted her new bag of goodies, then turned back to Rania as she stepped away from the counter. She wasn't quite sure what to say exactly, but now that she was away form anything school related the idea of going back for the remainder of the day really wasn't appealing. Besides which, a hot shower at home, in private, was calling her dearly now.

"I'm all set. Um, thanks. For saying hi, and for hanging out with me today. I had way more fun than I was expecting. I think I'm just going to head back home now, though, and get changed into something dry... I can, uh, I guess, I can run this borrowed stuff back to the university tomorrow after school, or something, if that'll be ok? Hey, um, here, I'll give you my email, if there's any problems, and I don't think I told you my last name either, like, if you need to look me up on the school volunteers or anything like that. It's Sutherland, so, Jenny Sutherland. It was really nice to meet you!" After giving Rania her altogether too teenage email address, Jenny waved a goodbye to her new friend, and headed out of the store, trying not to think too closely about the day's sights and adventures until she was home and could enjoy them.

----
((To -> Jenny's Home))
Current: 28,090z

Destin Obscura was looking quite pleased with himself as he strolled into the Navi Shop on a quiet Tuesday. "Hello shopkeep!" he called out in a jovial tone. "I have come into some extra funds recently and need to upgrade my poor Navi. So please allow me to purchase the following items:" he said as he put a typed-up list on the counter.

HP Memory v5 (#11): 3,500z
HP Memory v6 (#12): 3,750z
HP Memory v7 (#13): 4,000z
HP Memory v8 (#14): 4,250z
PowerUp v3 (Attack): 3,000z
Process Upgrade v21: 2,100z
Process Upgrade v22: 2,200z
Process Upgrade v23: 2,300z
Process Upgrade v24: 2,400z
Total: 27,500z
Suitachi raised his eyebrow at the young man who entered his shop, and picked up the typed up list. His eyebrow being raised turned into a smile as he laughed. "Well! No wonder you look so happy. Those sure are some extra funds you got there. Let me get it from the back then, give me a bit," said Suitachi, swooping into the back room in one movement. Not ten seconds later, the shopkeeper emerged with a bag filled with upgrades, and set them on the table. The ring of the cash register sounded through the shop.

"That'll be 27,500z. Thank you for coming, and have a nice day."

Destin GET: HP Memory x4, PowerUP, Process Upgrade x4
Destin LOSE: 27500z (28090 -> 590)
"Indeedy do. Here is the payment, and thank you sir. I hope you have a pleasant day," Destin said as he paid for the items and then took them and left the shop.
((From -> Mikhail's Home))
----

Mikhail was still chatting softly to his navi as he stepped through the doors to the navi shop, though when she quieted he moved towards the small section detailing external PET customisation, where he normally acquired the parts for the projection modifications he used. He spend a few minutes checking to see if anything actually needed updating or changing, before glancing down to Pirouette.

"Pirouette, while we are here, I thought I might get you something as well. I know your interest in the upgrades has not gone away, you know... and you have been doing such good work with the young ones, in the beginner's class. Perhaps you would like something from here, yes?"

Pirouette brightened — her eyes had been drifting to the different descriptions of navigator upgrades while he browsed, but now she looked back at him with a suddenly shrewd glance.

"Ya znayu svoyu igru.... I have not forgotten." Mikhail shrugged his shoulders, glancing to the ceiling and feigning ignorance to her.
"It is as I promised, yes? It is merely my own money that I wish to spend upon my little lebedёnok now. What would you like?" Pirouette watched him, then closed her eyes and drew a long breath, lifting her chin and turning back to the display, though he caught the smallest hint of a smile at the corner of her lips, despite her best efforts.

"It think, I should like a speed upgrade, first. After that, the Shadow Shoe program, yes? To lighten my steps." She looked back to him, to see if that was enough but he waved her back towards the counter.
"A few more things as well, little one."
"So... then, perhaps I should ask for two customiser upgrades, in case I get more shoes in the future. Then... ahh... Oh! I can get some process upgrades as well, you know? As many of those as will make you happy, Mikhail, yes? How is this?" He nodded and stepped up to the counter.
"That will do." He looked to Suitachi. "As the young lady says, then. One speed upgrade, two customiser expansions, a Shadow Shoes program, and... let me see... five process upgrades, please." He handed across his card as he spoke.

--

Buying:

Speed Up: 5000
Shadow Shoe: 1000
NC Expansion V1 and 2: 2250
Process Upgrade V1-5: 1500

Total: 9750z
Funds Remaining: 650z
"Seems everyone's chipper today," twittered Suitachi with a smile, as he disappeared under the counter, and brought out the requested upgrades, neatly stacked one by one on top of the other. After building the tower of upgrades, the shopkeeper proceeded to pry open a plastic bag, and shoved all of them roughly in. His finger danced in the air briefly as he mentally tallied up the counts, and placed the bag onto the counter. Mikhail's card flashed in and out of sight as the register pinged in affirmation.

"Right, that's 9750 zenny in all. Thank you for coming, and have a nice day."

Mikhail GET: Speed Upgrade, [ShadowShoes] NCP, NaviCust Expansion x2, Process Upgrade x5
Mikhail LOSE: 9750z (10400 -> 650)
Mikhail inclined his head and slipped his wallet away, taking the bag in one hand.
"My thanks." Pirouette was already beginning to ask him something else by the time he stepped out through the front doors.

----
((To -> Mikhail's Home))
The doors to the shop burst open as a uniformed man rushed through, who Suitachi might have recognized to be someone who had purchased a few things for one Scarlet Krysarch, staying at the Yoka Inn. Hurriedly, the man slid a prepaid zenny chit onto the counter, and tried to gasp between breaths, "I'm-- really-- really sorry, but I-- forgot to buy-- a couple of-- Process Upgrades-- earlier." His face was drenched in equal amounts of sweat and apprehension, presumably from running all the way from the Metroline.

Purchase:
-- Process Upgrade (1200, 1300)
Zenny: 3655z - 2500z = 1155z
Upon seeing the uniformed messenger return, Suitachi gave the man a quizzical look, but casually slipped the two items requested out from under the counter in exchange for the payment, sliding them across to him.

"No mysterious returns on these ones. Here you go." He paused, glancing up at the man. "Anything else...?"

Scarlet('s courier) GET: PU 12, 13
Scarlet('s courier) LOSE: 2500z
"Nope, thanks a lot!" the man said, before grabbing the purchases in a hurry and dashing back out the front door.

[Back to Yoka.]

"Whoa, hey, someone's in a hurry!" a voice said.

Whistling as he walked into the store with his hands in his pajamas' pockets, Reverus waved cheerily towards the shopkeeper, and took out one of his hands to reveal a zenny card. "Hey, Suitachi, good to see you. That guy looked like he'd seen a ghost, haha. Anyway, give me a Speed Upgrade and a Process Upgrade, will ya?" he said, sliding the card across the counter. Though in his mind, he had thought that the card belonged to him, it was actually a card belonging to one Harke Ezarith, who was currently preoccupied with dealing with an errant fire in his kitchen. Poor guy.

Purchase:
-- Speed Upgrade (15000)
-- Process Upgrade (1500)
Zenny: 16990 - 16500 = 490z
"Have a nice day," Suitachi replied, sort of trailing off as man dashed out of the store. If he hadn't just made a purchase, he would've assumed the man had just stolen something... Thankfully he was replaced with a much more easygoing, albeit chatty, customer. Even better, he made a rather expensive purchase. Suitachi made his best professional-esque smile as he rung up the items, then swiped the card.

"Thank you, Mr... Ezahreeth. Enjoy the upgrades and have a nice day."

GET: Process Upgrade, Speed Upgrade
LOSE: 16500z
"Alright, thanks! Be seeing you," the man said as he left the shop to go back to his apartment.
It wasn't the first time she'd visited the shop, but walking into it now, Alda couldn't but feel like it was totally different. It looked the exact same as before, but after everything that'd happened...ugh, now she was getting mopey again. She smiled as she walked up to the counter, and prepped her PET for a wireless money transfer. "Hello! I'd like a Speed Upgrade and Process Upgrade, please!..." You know, now that she had been inside for a little bit..."It's a little chilly in here, don't you think? Maybe should you turn down the AC a little!"

"First off, you don't get to tell anyone you're cold in an outfit like that." Anathema formed as a hologram on her operator's shoulder, looking slightly annoyed. "Second off, maybe he's just going for the old saying, 'colder than a witch's t-'"

"Really?! In public like that?"

"What, there's no one else here!"

"Sorry about her...sometimes she just says stuff without thinking about it!"

[Order of Purchase:
1-Speed Upgrade #1 - 5000z
2-Process Upgrade #3 - 300z
Total - 5300z

Current Money Total - 5300z
Current Total Spent - 5300z
New Money Total - 0z]
As his latest customer came in, Suitachi was preoccupied with something in the back room, and called out from it, "Just a minute! I'll be right with you, hold on!" The shopkeeper came out a little less than a minute later, holding a pile of boxes stacked high up. It seemed like he was having a lot of trouble just keeping the tower of boxes upright, given how precarious an angle it was tilting at, but he seemed to manage it anyway. "Oof! Okay, just gotta... put this for a bit..." Then, he rested the boxes against the counter, and slipped a hand under it to pull out the requested upgrades. He then continued to verify the transaction entirely one-handed, still supporting the boxes that were entirely obscuring his sight of Alda's rather skimpy attire.

"Alright, that should've been it. Sorry if you're bothered by the AC, I'm sweating harder than a hog in hell right now! Thanks for coming!" he said, grabbing hold of the column of containers once again and backing up into the room once again.

Alda GET: Speed Upgrade x1, Process Upgrade x1
Alda LOSE: 5300z (-> 0z)
"Uh, thanks...be careful with that, okay?" Alda thought for a split second about aiding him, but it wasn't her problem...also, she lacked any real physical strength to help with. She shrugged, and turned around to leave. Her Navi's hologram faded, but she seemed oddly happy as she went back to the PET...