Inside the shop

Jacky's sensible, no-nonsense inability to read sarcasm, along with the vote of competence, had redeemed Suitachi's mood. So it was a... well ok, it was still a somewhat bored and non-plussed shop keeper who greeted Rania when she stopped in. The sporty get up was a stark contrast to the man on the other side of the counter. When was the last time he actually got some fresh air, anyway? Some mysteries would probably never be solved.

"Just a moment there..." Suitachi ducked behind the counter to retrieve the final tier of speed enhancing upgrades, but a small cascade of displaced merchandise followed as he slid one of the more rarely purchased boxes out. Carefully he paused to collect them all and neatly stack them back in place before finally returning to Rania with her prize. He pushed it across the counter to her and accepted her money, then nodded with a small smile.

"Enjoy your purchase, and do come again!" A few seconds passed before his eyebrows jumped up. "Oh, wait! Just a moment. Your other item..." He turned from her again and shuffled around in another pile of upgrades, finding the exact version she needed. It seemed to take far longer than it should have. Finally, he returned and added the process upgrade to her goods, then nodded to himself. "There you are. Have a nice day."

Rania GET: Speed Upgrade 3, Process Upgrade V17
Jacky LOSE: 16700z
"Great! Thanks, Suitachi," Rania responded, chipper as ever without the negative influence of MeleeMan complaining about anything at the moment. "Alright... that's as speedy as I can make MeleeMan. If he wants to get any faster, he's going to have to start leaning up and losing some of that muscle mass," she joked; it was a guilty pleasure, because that was the kind of comment that would turn into a lengthy series of back and forth barbs if her navi was listening. Through with small talk, Rania was ready to head to the athletic meet and lend a helping hand.

((Headed to Dentech))
"I am only saying that the idol culture is outdated in today's era. People crave celebrity, but they seek it in other places, such as cinema and even in the world of net-battling. These 'idols' put the carriage before the mare, first proclaiming their intention to be noteworthy individuals and then striving to pander to whichever crowds are willing to elevate them to that worshipped status. It does remind me of a certain navi, who would claim herself a goddess without first demonstrating the miracles necessary to produce that faith," Yoshitsune philosophized as he and his navi entered Suitachi's store.

"Perhaps being a goddess requires only a confidence in one's self? I'd be surprised if Divina felt the need to prove anything to herself," Kabuki proposed. "A goddess needn't seek the approval of others to affirm her own divinity."

"Not everything is about her! She should think about the needs of others. What selfish goddess puts herself on such a pedestal, that she does not serve the needs of others before herself? It is not about her own confidence in her godhood," Yoshitsune protested. Perhaps sensing that he didn't have enough meat to his argument to keep debating, he shifted his attention to Suitachi. "Reflect upon what I have said, Kabuki, and we will resume the discussion later. For now, let us think about what reward we should purchase for ourselves, to celebrate our tremendous work in the latest mission."

Kabuki thought about adding the observation that Yoshitsune hadn't done much of the work in their latest outing, but decided against it. "If my eyes do not deceive me, DEAR BRO~THAR, we have enough in our wallet to afford another speed boost. That would probably help me more than AN~NEE~THING~!" the actress responded, grinning big. Even when her operator / brother was a sourpuss about it, she always appreciated it when he shared her enthusiasm about upgrading herself. "This way, I will have even more STAM~MEE~NA for when I make my next great performance!"

"Of course. Whatever serves you best," Yoshitsune added, not knowing much about navi upgrades or which would be best for her. "Shopkeeper!" he barked, pointing one hand dramatically at Suitachi with a flourish of his puffy, black sleeves. "One speed enhancement for my honorable sister! And see to it that the performance is adequate! If the results are not as I anticipate, I cannot guarantee my continued patronage," the young man bluffed, not knowing where else he could actually go to acquire the same upgrades Suitachi offered.

*Purchasing speed upgrade 2 for 10,000 zenny*
Suitachi had taken the hopefully temporary lull in business to open up a news feed on his PET, but it was interrupted by the entrance of a somewhat familiar customer. Said customer was in a full-blown conversation with his Navi, about goddesses or some nonsense. Suitachi stood and adjusted his glasses and cleared his throat, about to ask if they could be helped.

However, the oddly-dressed customer beat him to the punch, with a boisterous display. "Uh..." was all Suitachi could muster in response to the kid's oddly over-acted display. He recomposed himself as it became apparent a transaction was requested. "One speed upgrade, that'll be 10K please," he said plainly before reaching below the counter for the requested upgrade. He continued to keep his composure after Yoshitsune's indirect threat of relocating his patronage; Suitachi knew he had a monopoly on the area.

Yoshitsune GET: Speed Upgradev2
Yoshitsune LOSE: 10,000z
Bursting with life and energy, Jocelyn rolled her way into Suitachi's, grateful as ever for the automatic doors that would open without the need for her to dismount her Segway (well, she still ought to, but there was no sign telling her she had to, so she didn't). "Good afternoon, Mister Suitachi!" she announced, unfathomably chipper for someone who'd just woken up for a long PM shift of "mystery work" with an increasingly unreasonable boss.

"You're about to be just as giggly as Miss Jocelyn here!" Sleuth added, thankful her volume was still turned up. "Because Jocelyn is gifted with something you don't see a lot of in this stoic little store of yours!" She paused a moment to allow Suitachi to ponder if she was talking about massive breasts. "That's right: 30,000 zenny. All for little old me~"

"Now now, Miss Sleuth, you aren't that old," Jocelyn chuckled, though her navi didn't appreciate the humor. "Ooo, I can never make up my mind... You're better at it than I am! What are the nicest upgrades?" she inquired, crossing both gloves behind her back as she leaned over Suitachi's in a way that he might appreciate, though he would likely not appreciate her habit of buttoning her top button.

"With age comes wisdom, or so they say," Sleuth sighed. "Let's see... I could use a top-off with my final speed upgrade, which is fifteen-thousand, then then I'll polish up my buster with a homing shot for two-thousand, plus another six-thousand for three power ups... then another six-thousand six-hundred for eleven process upgrades. Assuming all of my rigorous finger-counting is correct, that adds up to twenty-nine thousand, six-hundred?"

"I'm sure it does!" Jocelyn giggled, placing all of the zenny on the counter. Suitachi would hopefully return the change.

*Speed Upgrade v3 for 15,000 zenny + Homing Shot Upgrade for 2,000 zenny + 6,000 for PowerUps v1, 2, and 3 + 6,600 for Process Upgrade v1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 = Total 29,600z
30500z - 29,600z = 900 zenny remaining*
Bubbly enthusiasm or not, the most pointed expression Suitachi could offer in exchange was a flat and unimpressed look at Jocelyn's intruding segway. Still, cash was cash, and as the list of purchases continued it totalled to a not insignificant amount of it. When Sleuth was finished presenting her working and Jocelyn was finished presenting the funds, the shop owner roused himself and pulled out a little pocket calculator, setting it on the counter and punching in the numbers for himself. Anyone quick with math might even find the laborious process of him adding in each process upgrade one at a time to the tally mildly infuriating. Jocelyn was probably contentedly vacant. When the math was done, and he had confirmed that, yes, Sleuth was correct in her own working, he set about retrieving the components from different areas under the counter and from out the back.

Eventually, the small bundle of different upgrades were shuffled into an appropriately sized bag and slid across the counter to her, along with the small portion of change that remained.

"Lots of people getting lots of advanced upgrades recently. Feels like folks are gearing up for something big. Wonder if I missed a memo." He shrugged after a moment then settled back into his chair behind the counter. "Enjoy your upgrades, and do come again."

Sleuth GET: Speed Upgrade 3, Homing Shot, PowerUp x 3, PU 1-11
Jocelyn LOSE: 29600z
((From => The Quiet Aftermath))
----------

Rogan dropped the remaining packaging from whatever the peculiar meat-and-miscellaneous-filling-bread-wrap-thing he had eaten was called, into the bin near the entrance to the navi shop as he came in. It hadn't been bad, all told, but mostly it was food and it was both hot and filling, and that was all that mattered. He finished wiping his fingers and mouth thoroughly with the provided napkin, then dropped it into the bin as well. Of her own accord, Lyntael had shut off all external feeds from outside when he had stopped his car, and was still hiding in the PET in silence, so Rogan didn't bother to take it out of his pocket as he approached the counter, simply pulling out his card instead. When the counter was clear he stepped forward and held the card out. It might have spoken much to his mood that he barely gave the distinctly well endowed woman on the ridiculous contraption more than a perfunctory glance before placing his own order.

"Morning again. I need a second version speed upgrade, and a copy of the Millions NaviCust program, if you please. Should be twelve five, I believe." His tone was a very long way from conversational, and anyone perceptive to it would probably be able to feel the man radiating a desire to get what he came for and leave, as efficiently as possible.

((Purchasing Speed Upgrade 2 (10000), Millions (2500), total 12500. Remaining funds: 120z))
That was odd...no one was at the counter. Once Rogan blinked, though, there would suddenly be a piece of paper with a couple of certain items would undoubtedly catch his eye...

'I'm taking inventory, so I can't do this in person. Enjoy your upgrades!

- Suitachi'

The items on the note...a Speed Upgrade and Millions NCP! And oddly, he'd notice a drastic reduction in his current funds, despite no one being readily available to snag it...

Rogan GET: Speed Upgrade #2, Millions NCP
Rogan LOSE: 12500z
Patently, Rogan was both busy, and had a lot on his mind, as he claimed the upgrades from the counter and left the store briskly, without seeming to give any notice or extra thought to the peculiar nature of this exchange. The doors opened and shut and he was gone again without another word.

----------
((To => The Beach! No, really...))
"Gearing up for something indeed, my good man. Another mystery!" Sleuth responded, although that probably wasn't the answer Suitachi was picturing. "And speaking of memos, if you appreciate a good mystery, you must certainly take an interest in my memoirs! Tales of suspense, puzzlement, and titillation to make sate the full thirst of your curiosity," the navi added. "Although I have not updated as regularly as I intended. The last mystery... I wonder if I should include it at all. The details were rather sensitive..."

By the time Jocelyn looked up from her PET, Suitachi was gone, replaced by a note indicating the reason for his absence. "I'm sure he made a note to read them later," Jocelyn offered; from anyone else, Sleuth would have assumed sarcasm, but Jocelyn had probably meant it kindly.

"Indeed. He wrote a memo, I imagine. He'll have quite a lot of memo-reading to do this evening," Sleuth joked. "At any rate, i'm feeling fit as a fiddle. I pity the ne'er-do-well who tries to stop me from solving my next case!" With that, the two headed out to meet up with Rodney, learn about their assignment, and begin Sleuth's next adventure.

((Headed to Dentech University))
A man entered the shop, wearing a dark blue jumpsuit and a hat of similar color. The Sharo symbol was emblazoned on both the front of the hat, as well as right above his left chest pocket. He carried with him a small case labelled "SCS" for Sharo Courier Service. He took his hat off as he walked towards the counter, and gave Suitachi a polite smile before speaking.
"Hello sir, have some deliveries to make, do you have these items in stock?"

He handed a printed list to the shop owner, which included an order placed by an "A.SLOAN." The courier also presented a card with an identical SCS logo, to pay for the items.

*Purchase*
Process Upgrade #1, 2, & 3
Total: 600z
Seeing pick-up and delivery couriers wasn't too uncommon a sight for Suitachi. After all, not everyone could make their way to his single little shop with their own two feet, and he did have rather an unusual global monopoly... He nodded with an equally business-like smile and made the transaction swiftly.

Courier get: PU version 1, 2 and 3.
Courier lose: 600z

Let's hope he delivers them to the right place.
The courier looked over the list as the items were presented, ticking them off one by one with his pen. Everything looked to be in order, so he took back his card after the proper amount was charged, and closed up the now partially full case. "Thank you sir, have a good one," he said with a slight wave before turning and walking out of the store.

As he passed through the doorway, he put his hat back on, and moved to a SCS-labeled vehicle. He placed the case inside before hopping in himself, and soon was on his way.
After a quick trip in the car, Edgar found himself near the Navi Shop. He prepared to enter, but...

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!

"Edgar, we've received another mail."

"Bring it up."

TO: Edgar
SUBJECT: Changed my mind

I've decided that instead of HPMemories, I'd like to get some NaviCust upgrades. They may have no immediate benefit, but it'll make the process of making LightningMan's floating more than smoke and mirrors easier.

"...So it shall be done." Uttering those words to no one but himself, he entered the shop, once again doing so far more ominously than his intent. He went over to the counter, and dropped the remaining money he received from Roderick onto it...though after a moment of thinking, took just a tiny bit from it. "I shall be taking two NaviCust Expansions...the first two to be installed, specifically. It is not for my Navi, but...for a friend of mine."

[Purchasing:
1-NaviCust Expansion #1 - 1000z
2-NaviCust Expansion #2 - 1250z
Total - 2250z

Current Money on Hand: 2310z
Money Spent: 2250z
Money Remaining: 60z]
After a moment of ominous loitering outside the shop, Edgar entered the navi shop to hear Suitachi attempting to sooth someone on the other end of a phone call from where he rested in a relaxed pose behind the counter.
"Uh-huh... alright, so, a tall scary man in a dark suit and shades came in, and then what... no, no calm down, just calm down, alright. Ah, I've got a customer. Deep breaths ok?" He ended the call and looked up, then blinked a few times, looking Edgar over.

"Hello, what can I..." the sum of money dropped unceremoniously onto the counter made up for the bluntness of Edgar's 'request'. "Right. A friend. One moment." He ducked down and returned with the two upgrades requested, having pulled them from a slightly less used shelf under he counter. "There you are, anything else today?"

Edgar GET: NaviCust Expand 1 and 2
Edgar LOSE: 2250z
"That shall be all." Edgar picked up the upgrades, pocketed them, and left for his next destination...soon, the world would know true fear. Hopefully, at least.
[[From ACDC Town]]

After a dropoff from the MetroLine, a boy and his strange bubbling PET arrive around the area's Navi Shop. They've been to trips around SciLab but never bothered to go to the stores. "So about that present I said earlier at the restaurant. Maybe I'll spoil you now," Zed spoke through earbuds he equipped to talk to his Navi. "What a pleasure, I cannot contain my excitement to the wondrous collections displayed here." Chrosa replied but seemingly with less energetic tone than what he'd just said.

Entering the shop, it was loaded with assortments of attachments and the kind. They looked through the selections displayed and considered several times before Chrosa had made up his mind. Zed looked at the counter and saw a man that had seen something scary recently. He seemed like a person who'd interact with many people to his day-to-day business, so Zed opens up to the guy without shyness. "Hello, I'd like to buy something for my Navi. OK Chrosa, what did you want again?"

"Hmm, I'd like to buy a Navi expan--actually maybe..." Chrosa was conflicted on what he truly wanted to claim. Zed and the owner faced each other with an awkward atmosphere. The Operator's shyness envelops him but he wavers his mouth before speaking clearly what he wanted to say. "Hey...dude. Oh gosh, what's your name? First time here and might be good to catch a calling to familiarize myself. Oh also, do you know good places to eat here? I'm starving." Zed lengthily said. Chrosa overheard and called out his name in annoyance to what he'd just said."Just kidding, just kidding, heh. I'm still as full as an egg." The timid Operator quickly picked up from his awkward standing before.

"OK, NOW I know what my heart desires. I'd perchance buy a HP Memory (1000z) to increase my level to 2, and then obtain two Process Upgrades (300z) to seal the deal." Chrosa delivered his order orderly.

--Purchases--
HP Memory (1000z)
Process Upgrades (300z)
Spending = 1300z
Account = 1670z
Remainder = 370z
As the boy walked in, Suitachi looked up from the boxes he was sorting out behind the counter, and waved his hand. "Oh, hello there, just a moment," the shopkeeper grinned, as he shelved a few more boxes. "Haha, my name's Suitachi. Glad to meet you. If you want something to eat, you can head to the lab cafeteria, they've got some nice ramen there, I think. Get another egg in you and eat right." The shopkeeper introduced himself, and nodded to the order that the boy's Navi recited out. His hand disappeared under the counter. Without having to even look at the labels, he brought out the requested upgrades and set them on the countertop.

"That'll be 1300 zenny."

Zed GET: HP Memory, Process Upgrade x2
Zed LOSE: 1300z
Zed picked the goods in exchange for his spoils of war. "Thanks a bunch, now If you'll excuse me..." He waved at the shopkeeper and yawned loudly before exiting this shop.

[[to Electown]]
The shop's entrance bell rung with a small jingle as a uniformed man walked in, seemingly in a bit of a hurry. Holding a digital clipboard, he pulled out a small prepaid zenny chit and laid it on the counter, along with the clipboard. The clipboard was showing a list made out to some "Scarlet Krysarch, Expediated Suite Services, Yoka Inn". The man spent no excess time in saying what he wanted. "I'll have everything listed on the clipboard, please."

Purchase:
-- NaviCust Upgrade (1750, 2000, 2250)
-- Process Upgrade (800, 900, 1000, 1100)
Zenny: 10075z - 9800z = 275z