Supah, SMAAAAAAAASH Brothuuuuurs!

*look at shur's pic with binoculars set to 1000X magnifacation* it's...too small...
XD, It's an old fake, anyway.

And common, if you think Luigi was a Mario clone in Melee, then you are a moron. They had similar moves, but Luigi had a bunch of COMPLETELY DIFFERENT moves. In fact, I always liked playing Luigi over Mario.

While Lucas appears to have a moveset similar to the Ness of old, I think that Ness' moveset will be retooled, mostly because half of the moves he used in Melee, y'know, he couldn't use in Earthbound. Ness was more of a physical fighter than Lucas, as well.

Lucario and Mewtwo are way different in Pokemon, perhaps, but in the Smash Bros. world, they are similar enough. As RS said, Aura Sphere will pretty much be a shoe-in for Shadow Ball. I see Close Combat behaving a lot like Confusion did, a Pulse move could be a modified Disable, and ExtremeSpeed can function like Teleport. It'd be EASY to have them VERY close.

Saying that Jigglypuff was a secret character in the first game means absolutely nothing. I should point out that the OTHER secret characters from the first game, (Ness, Captain Falcon, and Luigi) that NONE of them have been confirmed as returning, (Although it's a good shot for all of them.)

If you'd have seen any gameplay movies of Olimar, you'd know that Olimar does little else than move and pick and throw Pikmin. ALL of his moves are Pikmin doing stuff and Olimar pretty much standing there.
http://kotaku.com/348940/ssbb-select-scree...new-challengers

gametrailers shows the character select, that is all.
The GameTrailer video has a big-ass question mark on the screen passing at that scene. So it's not confirmed, therefore fake/rumour.

But I am wondering... Who is the character RIGHT from Lucas, LEFT from Olimar and BELOW Ike.
And? That doesn't change the fact that the person who made this said it was fake when he originally posted it. That 'trailer' is just a bunch of clips stitched together, and that still image just happens to be there. If there was actual movement on the screen, (i.e. Hand selecting something.) I'd be more inclined to agree, but the only motion in that movie is a HUGE BLACK QUESTION MARK, meaning that Gametrailers doesn't have a clue as to what the roster will be.

I highly doubt that the first place to reveal the full roster (before the game is even out, no less) would be anything other than Nintendo. Once the game is out, sure, it'll pop up all over, but for now, that means nothing.

EDIT: Shur beat me to it. And Shur, that's supposed to be Claus from Mother 3.
unfortunately, yeah, it's all fake. Just something well done, but put together by game trailers.
I just found this thing on youtube. Check it out.

THIS IS SMASH BROS!
That only leaves one or two viable open slots left, based on the 25 character roster.

I'm disappointed about one or two of the choices, but I think I can deal. It will still be a jawesome game.
What can I say?

OOOOOUUUUEEENNNDDDDAAAAAAN!

Also, Jesus VS Robocop FTW.

Quote (SpaceMonkeySteve)

That only leaves one or two viable open slots left, based on the 25 character roster.

Only 25 characters? For some reason that seems small...
Here's the full roster (apologies for the lousy pic):

http://www.uploda.org/uporg1224741.jpg

First Row: Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch
Second Row: Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Pit, Metaknight, Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Snake
Third Row: Peach, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Dedede, Lucario, Ness, Sonic, Bowser
Fourth Row: Wario, Wind Waker Link, ROB, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Random Character Select

No joke, ROB's playable. <__<
They think there's another character. They're thinking Wolf from Starfox or Krystal, also from Starfox. They've got reasons why to think this, but I forgot those reasons.

Also... They write 'Wind Waker Link' as 'Toon Link', lulz.
I'm still facepalming at "Toon" Link... And their reason for think 36 is merely symmetry.

18 characters per row, so they used math (WOW!) and figured out that 18 x 2 = 36. Of course, there is absolutely nothing to indicate that the second row will even fill up, so it's just fanboys praying for another character.
My bad, I meant 35, not 25.

And yeah, ROB is cool and all, but I'd have liked to have seen that filled with another third party character. I'm also disappointed with "Toon Link" because I feel that Link is about as similar to him as Mario and Dr. Mario. If they can make a new moveset for one clone, why not ALL of them? I want more junk clutter characters like Pichu![/sarcasm]
My Link has been transformed into his most supreme form: a toon!

I still wish an Animal Crossing character was in. Oh well... :'D
technically, there are as aisst trophies, but I know what you mean...

edit: ROB's final smash...

also, ROB is the new pichu...
K.K. Slider would be the only correct answer, and that got denied as soon as Smashville was revealed as a stage...
And in other news, Super Smash Brothers Brawl was released in Japan today.
March 9th, huh....
<glances at calendar>