What to do to our characters?

I think we have a.... definite hierarchy.

Skyrender's in first, followed by the vouchers. However, if we take out the fact that I voted for the voucher idea by accident, Sky's ahead by two votes.

It's still anyone's game.

Are no new profiles being approved until this is settled?
With other words, members don't really care to start at level 1 as long as they get some extras from their original accounts. We'll wait a bit longer to let some others vote as well, but I think it'll be Skyrender's idea.
Well, I don't overly lean to either side. There are people who are going to want to keep their old characters, and there are people who are going to want entirely new ones. I went for Skyrender's suggestion and the voucher/chip-keeping concepts. If possible, the entire decision whether to keep their Operator and Navi should be left to the player. However, I think that we shouldn't have to have all of our chips and Sigs wiped just because of Nalerenn's actions, and should be permitted to retain at least some of them.

I'm using this overhaul as an opportunity to mess with my characters' characters, if you know what I mean. I'm doing some major tweaks to who they are, so they seem different, but are still the same people.
I went with Skyrenders Idea, but I think I am going to start new anyways. Just the people who do plan on using their old characters can have a good benefit from getting that high in the other game.

Now just while I was typing that a question came to mind.

What about the people that say use the same Operator but a different Navi? Would they still get the benefits from whatever we do?

I am going to let Ookami rest. I am pretty sure thats what I am going to do. Not entirely sure. Anyways.

Skyrender was my vote.
*ignores all replies* I just say we let people pick what they want. I, for one, do NOT feel like having to regain all my crap again.

-Twi

Quote (Shuryou)

Quote (Goroke)

Oh, I'll give you an Example.

Horang.EXE
Signature Attacks
1: Thrust Punch (60 Dmg)
1.5: Bamboo pounder (80 Dmg/Wood)

Pal Guan Style.GMO
Signature Attacks
1: Thrust Talon (40 Dmg)
1.5: Hawk Striker (30x3 Dmg/Stun)

Hieen Chie Style.GMO
1: Hidden Thrust (50 Dmg)
1.5: Lunar Claw (10x5/Pierce)

Something like that. But not being cheap, I would have to buy 3 SigAtk Upgrades for each GMO types.

I see, personally, no problem with this... Gives some freedom for the RPer, but the thing is... If one can do it, everyone can do it. Dunno about that point...

PLEASE >_<!! LET ME DO THIS!!!
I agree with Twi. Anyone who wants to keep a lot can keep a lot, anyone who wants to keep a little can keep a little, and those who want to can start over.

My choices:
Flameline1 x1
Boomerang x1
Wideshot x1
*Get basic chip starter pack*

Charge x1
Attack x1
*Get basic navicust starter pack*

HP Mem x2
Speed Upgrade x1

I'm just posting as the basic n00b for now, but if this goes through I'll make up an IC reason to get all this crap.
Here's why it can't be on a player to player basis, Twi:

It seems Valience (or Leon) is starting over, but is more or less keeping the same characters, just starting them off new. If I keep all my stuff, I'll still have Soulman who will still be in love with Ayumi. However, the Ayumi that now exsists isn't the same Ayumi he was in love with. This screws up all sorts of things.
Even though I backed up all my stuff, I'm probably going full new; here's my reasoning. Although I really did love RPing as Don and DimensionMan, starting over with DimensionMan would be boring as mess. I didn't dislike any of my sigs, so I'd pretty much be redoing all of the same things I'd already done for several months. Looking at it from that perspective, RPing would be more of a chore than a pleasure. I also like the idea of taking on a fresh character idea. My new characters will be entirely different from Don and DimensionMan (well, Don anyways), so it's going to really be a new challenge for me.

I wouldn't want to be stronger than everyone else who reset because it would make getting crosses a bit of a hassle, and additionally... well, DimensionMan wouldn't really fit in as part of the uppercrust, you know? The overconfidence stik doesn't exactly work if you're more powerful than most other navis.

So basically, I've decided to start over, regardless of what others are thinking of doing. I'm not keeping my old stuff either, since it wouldn't make sense for a new navi to have it. Rebirth rules and so forth.
I would be a alot easier it would, if we just started over. I agree with AimMan. It is going to be BORING! Which is why I am starting it over. Mer.
I, for one, would like to start over. I was a long time player since almost the very beginning of RE:CN, but after the 'accidents', decided it was time to just take a break.

It would be nice if I could just start over again. (which I've already done, so this acutally doesn't really matter ^^)
If you want my humble opinion. This is a new board, new life breathed into it, devoid of the flaws that held it back in its initial stage. A full reboot would be the perfect start. Keep basic character info, but start fresh. I dont know how things have changed in my absence, but thats my 2 cents.
It sounds like it's already been decided.

YEs, we're fixing RECN's flaws, but we're also letting people that were on it keep a little bit of what they had. See the announcements board for the list of things you can get...

and you can only get two of the options.
I've just thought of something.

This is a good time to close all of our plotholes and then start again. I know I plan to close Toshokan's plotholes and then ditch him forever for the far better thought-out Titania/Oberon. The Operator would still be a blatant self-insertion with my middle name.

Wouldn't it be interesting to say that this RP picks up a short time after the events of the original? Many of us are getting massive drops in power anyway, so it would make sense to have a totally new cast and premise. It would also give us time to use our old characters as central NPCs, put focus back on a large story event, and generally get things under control.
Wait, but I kept American and Bo. But just reset them. Would that mean I would be one of the only characters that stayed?
Lol... way I figure it, a lot of people kept their characters.... which meannnsssss that they just keep going on like they were supposed to. Cept like ATrus suggested, they would know everybody they already talked to unless specified not to by either you or the person you once "knew".
Wes and Soulman, Leon and Ayumi. We both kept our originals.

Way I see it, this takes place several 'years' later, right? Let's say you stopped talking for whatever reason at the end of the last chapter...

Who knows what a few years would do to a navi's/persons looks? You wouldn't even recognize them. Also, their personalities could have drastically changed as well. So yeah.

Although Wes and I are playing it like we've never met before. And Ayumi and Leon are slightly different from before.
What about the power losses and unfinished stories? Not to mention the discepancy between people acting like they've jumped forward 5 years, and the people who go back to what they were doing as if nothing happened.