So, whatchu wanna do?

Okay, instead of just asking what new effects you'd like to see in the sig effects list, I figured we'd ask you what it is you like to see signatures being able to DO. Yep, we want to know what you'd like your sigs to be able to do. You guys really do have a lot of good ideas... most of the sig effects you now use were thought up by regular players, not game devs.

So yeah... Throw ideas and we'll see about getting them added in some way. Too, some things you may want to see from sigs may already be possible, and knowing that would benefit you as well. We'll tell you if it is. Everyone wins, yeah?
Hmmmmm... well... I've rather had this... interesting idea... I'll enact it as soon as I can... it's kinda like Esuna in the Sig effects list but it gives the ability for a navi to shift the status towards another navi... like say moving a stun (While keeping the turns left.) to the enemy... probably broken... probably not... but it's something that's been on my mind...
Perhaps this is already done, but it was a random thought I had one day. Not sure if I'd use it myself or not. But the point was to summon an object, something simple like say a weapon. Like calling down a sword/lance/hammer/etc, that did a set amount of damage when used on an enemy, like say 10/20 damage a strike sort of thing.

Quote (Morisha)

Perhaps this is already done, but it was a random thought I had one day. Not sure if I'd use it myself or not. But the point was to summon an object, something simple like say a weapon. Like calling down a sword/lance/hammer/etc, that did a set amount of damage when used on an enemy, like say 10/20 damage a strike sort of thing.

You can already create objects capable of doing damage. You could summon a 1HP object that does X damage, then goes away, or you could have said object do X damage once a turn, etc.

Quote (DNR)

Hmmmmm... well... I've rather had this... interesting idea... I'll enact it as soon as I can... it's kinda like Esuna in the Sig effects list but it gives the ability for a navi to shift the status towards another navi... like say moving a stun (While keeping the turns left.) to the enemy... probably broken... probably not... but it's something that's been on my mind...

Yeah, I had that idea a couple years back. It's pretty broken.

Quote (The_Grim_Reaper)

You can already create objects capable of doing damage. You could summon a 1HP object that does X damage, then goes away, or you could have said object do X damage once a turn, etc.

I think what he meant was a multi-use weapon, like a Sword chip, that did X damage, and had Y number of uses, before it broke, and had to recharge.

Maybe sigs like these could be only activated once per battle, and the strength/number of uses ratio would be capped based on level. Points would otherwise be calculated as normal.
I don't think anyone wants to go through the headache of calculating the balanced values of that Strength/Uses cap scale, Link. It's just too much work for something kind of trivial.

Besides, multi-use weaponry... can already be done, I think, like 6 instances of 10 damage, set to be usable at any time. Though with the advent of actual Delayed Damage rules and the general Multi-Hit/Target thing, I'm not sure if this can be done anymore.

Also, maybe an ability like 'Scan' would be useful. Like, you could perhaps take a look at the basic abilities of a virus/Navi, such as attack values, NC composition, buster values, etc. Displayed virus abilities wouldn't be of the mod resource version, of course, should be toned down for player consumption.

I'd suggest Temporary Flying but that's stupid (and already doable).
Link2125 was quite close to what I was trying to suggest, and given more time to think about it I've hopefully come up with means to better portray the idea.

Such as Fera mentioned, it would be closer to a set amount of instances. Something similar to the X-Shield that is currently in place. One would pay for how many uses they wanted, and then add the effect of it. Something like say they wanted to deal 10 damage, and have 4 uses of it, so they'd be paying 10SP+whatever the cost per use was. This would allow players to simulate things like swords as well as make their own multi use guns or whatever else someone might think of.

Really I could only see it being largely useful to lower end of the field, as having say 6 uses of a 10 or even 20 damage attack, would be quite superior to the unmodified buster shot.

Anyway it was a random thought I had one day and thought I'd present it to everyone else.
I think both the Scan and X-Hit Weapon are swell ideas.

I myself would want to be able to have line attack, wide attack, and cone as sig effects.

As for anything else more unique... I'm going to have to think about it.
Perhaps a "chip sacrifice" nerf could be doable. You get X points added to the signature, but that signature needs a battlechip to activate, specific type or otherwise.
I personally think that being able to create terrain requirements to sigs or secondary sig effects would be interesting. For example, a Sig that can only be done on Grass or Snow tiles (either you're on it or the opponent is, depending), or that gains a bonus when a certain tile is involved (Like a water attack that's stronger on sea tiles, or a non-elemental attack replicating the wind effect by increasing damage on a sand tile).

I don't think that a standardized debuff cost reduction would work (Like an X0 sig point reduction for including the clause) but that some kind of general reduction could work instead, like halving the cost of the clause-attached power. As well, I think that the total of the sig points used should compare to your maximum, as opposed to the actual cost you pay.

For instance. Your sig point maximum is 120. You make a fire attack (on a fire Navi) that deals 80 damage, but it heats metal tiles and deals an extra 40 fire damage (It makes sense since the attack would also turn the metal to Furnace). Instead of paying 120 points for the entire technique, you'd pay only 100, paying half for the metal tile only 40 damage. It would also have a 3 turn cooldown as opposed to a 2 turn cooldown.

For a second example, possibly a little more dangerous, would be a technique that only works a certain tile. Taking that former one as a base, it'd be a technique the deals no damage unless it targets a metal tile. In that case, it would deal 120 damage. It would still be a 3 turn cooldown technique, but would cost only 60 sig points. Halving the price seems like a big deal, but it also makes the attack completely situational. No metal tiles makes it dead weight.

I'm sure many of you can think of ways to positively break this idea to make it completely unfair, but with some small notes I'm sure it could work. The basic reason would be to give some sigs a little more situational flare and allow its form to make a little bit more of a difference.

Aside from that, I like the idea of having more shapes to use like line attack or wide attack.
Planar Nerfs... sounds interesting. I dislike the idea of partial nerfing, though, since every other planar sig we have does absolutely zilch unless on a panel. Why should this be any different?

Wide Attack = Spread2. It's only double cost, go nuts. Same as for Cone, it usually hits, at the highest end of the spectrum, 4 enemies. For usual uses, it goes for 3, and is, therefore, also equivalent to Spread2.

Line Attack, however, is a little complicated, as the chip version can theoretically hit an infinite amount of targets, as long as they are all lined up in a straight line. However, one may opt to emulate a limited version of it, such as that of DashAttack (5 hits maximum) with Spread, once again.

Chip Sacrifice, no.
Line attack can be simulated with Spread. So can Wide Attack. But having those effects created wouldn't be a very big deal. Cone attack could be a pain, but we'll see.

X-Use weapons can be done already with current effects. It's just very cumbersome.

Scan.... That's going to take some upper-level staff debating there. We'll get back to you on that one.

Throwing status effects? No way. We have chips that do that and they are rare for a very good reason. Sorry, DNR.

mmmmm, planar.... I'll need to mull that over some more, but I always like new environmental based effects. Yeah... I'm a bit biased. XD

Quote (PaladinGC)

mmmmm, planar.... I'll need to mull that over some more, but I always like new environmental based effects. Yeah... I'm a bit biased. XD

BLOW UP THE GROUND

PLANAR POWAH

On a more serious note: Something that emulates Airstep? (Or Subtype abilities in general) Though there are chips and stuff for that.... I'll come back later.