Possible Navicust Expantions

Program: Dash
Effects: Gain one boss fight every 4 battles instead of 5.
Cost: 30

Program: Unlocker
Effect: Gain the ability to unlock any mystery data you come across

Program: Search
Effect: Increase chance of encountering mystery data
Cost: 25

Program: Black Mind
Effect: Gain access to the black market
Cost: 10

Program: Change Energy
Effect: Convert chip into strengthen+null imbue(element) for next buster attack.

Program: BusterMax
Effect: Increase all buster stats by 1. Can no longer aim chips.
Cost: 20

Program: SpeedUP
Effect: Gain one additional action every turn. Gain a bug every turn.
Cost: 40

Program: ShadowMove
Effect: Gain ability to move through objects as a tactical move.

Program: Block
Effect: Gain ability to block as an action. Next hit taken this turn does half damage

Program: FastBlock
Effect: First hit taken every turn is for half Damage

Program: Slip
Effect: May take a tactical move while performing other actions:

Program: Number Open
Effect: You may hold any number of chips in a folder
Cost: 60

Program: Element+
Effect: Elemental Navi only, Gain additional terrain advantages

Program: Null-Element
Effect: Take double damage from null attacks. Gain elemental bonus to null damage chips. Gain Level HP/Round regeneration on plain panels.

Bugged NCs: (Rare, semi-unique)
Any combination of up to 5 of the following.

Buster Clog:
1x:Buster Creates objects with health equal to damage
2x:Buster Creates objects with health equal to 2x damage
3x:Buster explodes 1 turn after attempting to fire. Blast=number of attacks attempted. Damage=total damage that would have been done.

Glitch:
1x:One attack every turn may glitch an enemy
2x:Generates one glitch on self every turn
3x:Blast3, centered on self, everyone gains a glitch

Uncontrolled Movement:
1x:Gain 1 uncontrolled tactical move every turn.
2x:Gain 1 uncontrolled tactical moves and a free dodge every turn.
3x:Gain 2 uncontrolled tactical moves and a free dodge every turn.

Signature Glitch:
1x: Enemies attack you first.
2x: Enemies attack you last
3x: Takes 1 fewer battle to get to boss battle

Health Error:
1x: Loses 5hp a turn
2x: Loses 20hp a turn
3x: Loses 20hp a turn, health reset to max at end of battle.
Dash, Search, Blackmind, and Number Open is a big nono.

Change Energy and BusterMax can be used, but at a raised point

And for Element+, how much of an additional advantage can they get? Terrains such as lava won't give any more advantage for fire navis as it is right now.

Rest looks do-able.
Unlocker, Change Energy, and Slip would be ones I would get. But Change Energy should be around 40 I would assume. We should also add in a Trap Disarmer, which would be used to disarm traps. And when equipped with Unlocker, allows you to get through trapped mystery datas.

EDIT - Unlocker and Untrap.
Considering that Unlockers come at 1200z apiece, a program like that would probably need to be quite pricey or rare. I agree that Number Open is a big no. I don't see any real point to Element+ unless the advantages are really significant, and even then it seems unnecessary. Change Energy strikes me as a bit too convenient, but I suppose it could be possible if it wasn't easily obtained.

And from a personal standpoint, I'm not sure if anyone would actually use a program that gives a new bug every turn, even for an extra action. I also think a Trap Disarmer program coupled with an Unlocker program would a bit boring and godmodish, but once again it would depend on how easily both could be found.
Program: Heavy Body
Effects: Immune to Pull and Knockback effects. Microburst changed to Knockback.
Cost: ???
Contrary to CC, I find an action at the cost of a bug a turn to be overpowered. Many bugs don't inhibit your ability to fight and some are even positive. An action is pretty much the most powerful and versatile thing that you can give yourself, so I think it needs to come at a greater cost.

As for the unlocker and untrap ideas, I like them. : D

For the Number Open, I agree that that is overpowered, but it brings up an argument that we need to get around to addressing: Folder up NCPs currently are sooooo useless. They seriously either need a price drop or at least to take up less space.

BusterMax is confusing to me, because there's some chips where the ability to "aim" is not so clearly defined as with a gun. For instance, how do you lose your ability to "aim" a sword or a fist attack? "Aim" could just use some clearer definition there.

As for that Black Market one, I don't think we have anything like that yet. We'd have to make it... XD I don't think that's the sort of thing that should be NC dependent though.

Null-Element just seems weird to me. And furthermore it's hard to justify much of anyone being so null they're "null element" as if null were fire or ice. Like, it's functional maybe, but its effects are weird and it can't fit onto anyone in a way that's very in character.

Dash and Search are cool, though I'd like Search to have some more concrete definition of what that chance is.

I like FastBlock but next to the ease of obtaining a Shield Navicust and the already questionable merits thereof, I don't think Block itself would be very useful.
I think he means that you can't use an aim action/effect on the chips. Like using a Passive Aim signature.
I was going for as great a variety as I could think of, specific ones being very powerful (such as Number Open) I had intended to be balanced by being extremely rare or expensive. Change Energy doesn't exactly net you anything, so I wanted to keep it at a reasonable power level.

For Element+ I was trying to expand the abilities of elemental Navis, perhaps a damage reduction to their own element might be in order. Normal Element was intended to make you into a sort of ultra-normal, the only antithesis of which is normal. Many of these things don't make a terrible amount of sense, this is no exception.

Unlocker and Untrap NCs would take up large amounts of space which might be used for other things. The point of this post was to bring awareness that we don't have many useful or interesting NCs right now. Ideally if you ended up getting both you would be giving up something else that is good.

BusterMax was meant to present of disadvantage for chip use equivalent to what it did in the games. I wanted to prevent it from being too powerful for buster Navis, perhaps some other restriction might be appropriate.

These were meant to take the place of the Buster Upgrades which left the NC. Now I see a great deal of empty NCs(except for undershirt), and it is somewhat disappointing. We can increase health, change start terrain, make shields, and float above terrain with currently existent NC packages (and increase folders a small amount). I just think it would be nice to increase that capacity a bit, so we could define our Navis a little better with this stuff.

I endorse this movement.

Though, it'd be nice to buff the old NCs as well, or atleast make them non-replacable so easily. Omni shoes for 600 bugfrags or 70NCP? I'm pretty sure there's no problem making a decision here...
I agree with Knight. With SP mobility junction, you can effectively make Omnishoes with about 10-15 good battles (assuming the SP survives them all). Whether it takes more than 25k zenny to buy the navicust upgrades and the two navicust programs for Omnishoes. Unless you are high level, or lucky with drops and trades, fighting 10-15 good battles will not net you that much cash.

30k alone gives you 3 speed upgrades. The advantages of three actions far exceeds the advantages of flight for the same cost.

I suggest we reduce the navicust cost of Float and AirShoes by 10 each. Making FloatShoes 20 and AirShoes 30. That would almost halve the cost and make the cost of everything equal to purchasing a third speed upgrade (~15k zenny).

Sure this would increase the use of said items, but it would also increase the use and value of abilities that target those items. Ground Subtype's Anchor or Navicust disable signature moves (NC Uninstall) for example. But at the moment, those that have flight have gone way out of their way to get it. I would think it unfair to punish them and everyone else from upgrades they could have gotten for the same price.
I will not comment on other navicust programs here. Generally I believe they are right or close to right in their power level.

Program: Sword
Effect: Create an unbreakable 60 damage sword

Program: Quick Arm
Effect: Increase the accuracy of all thrown projectiles

Program: Reload
Effect: You may use a gun chips that do 50 or less damage twice.

Program: Group Heal
Effect: When healing other targets you are healed for 1/2 the value.

Program: Run+
Effect: Tactical Movement rates are increased
cost: 10

Program: Adaptive Body
Effect: Counts as all elements for the purposes of terrain

Program: Subtype+
Effect: You may use your subtype's active ability twice per turn.

Program: Call Block
Effect: You automatically summon a RockCube at the beginning of each battle.

Program: Street Cleaner
Effect: Your buster attacks deal double damage against objects

Program: Wind Guide
Effect: Whenever you use a pull or knockback effect, you may target all enemies in a blast2 area.

Program: Power Boost
Effect: You may add 'your level' damage to an attack each turn, this counts as a strengthen effect.

Program: Element+
Effect: You deal an additional 10 damage with all attacks of your element

Program: Switchboard
Effect: You may switch a NC program in or out as an action. The change takes place immediately.
Sword = No. We already have damn chips that don't really need more than 6 swings.

Reload: I would rather this would be an, "Every three turns recycle a used chip" or something.

Everything else I kind of like.

Quote (RoboTek)

Program: Unlocker
Effect: Gain the ability to unlock any mystery data you come across

The second we update with this,when I get enough NaviCust points and enough Zenny,im buying this in 2 seconds.
Program: IFF Indicator
Effect: You may add IFF codes to your attacks. This will reduce their accuracy by one rank, but they will do no damage to allies, even if they hit.

Program: ATTACK+
Effect: You do an additional 5 damage with all attacks, including multi-hit attacks.

Program: ATTACK++
Effect: You do an additional 10 damage with all attacks, including multi-hit attacks.

Program: Resist+
Effect: You take 5 less damage from all attacks.

Program: Resist++
Effect: You take 10 less damage from all attacks.

Program: SpecialUP 1
Effect: You gain an additional 20 sig points. Signatures which use this may not be used when this program is not in place.
Cost: 15

Program: SpecialUP 2
Effect: You gain an additional 30 sig points. Signatures which use this may not be used when this program is not in place.

Program: SpecialUP 3
Effect: You gain an additional 40 sig points. Signatures which use this may not be used when this program is not in place.

Program: SpecialUP 4
Effect: You gain an additional 80 sig points. Signatures which use this may not be used when this program is not in place.
Cost: 35

Program: SubUP
Effect: You regain double health from sub-chips. Additionally, you may unlock Red MD with a single unlocker subchip.

Program: SP Recover
Effect: Your SP regains its full health after being dismissed for a battle. It only takes 2 battles to regenerate after it falls in battle.

Program: SP Link
Effect: Your SP may now use your own signature attacks and chips. It does not require its own for any reason.

Program: Weapon UP
Effect: When you activate a Soul-Cross, it counts as one rank higher. This does not grant you access to additional signature attacks.
Cost: 35
About half of this newest list is probably not going to happen.
But even so, that leaves us with half the list, brand spanking new, added to the current programs.
True. So are the moderators meeting over this?
No. We don't care, and are working on a bunch of other things.

I-it's n-not like I don't really care, you know!?
I'm actually very happy to see something like this. And yes, I also think some of the old programs would benefit from an update. As for the problem with SPs vs NCPs, I've got ideas for handling that. But anyway, that's for another time.

Okay... Here we go.

-------------------------------------

Dash: I'm fine with this. I might suggest a drop in NC cost, however.

Unlocker: Okay, no. We have Subchips for this purpose. Not only that, the original cost of each Unlocker was 4000z. We made it 1200z because 4k is just outrageous, and we don't want to be ogres like that to the players. However, this is taking it one step too far. Please go buy the reduced price subchips.

Search: There isn't anything I could say about it that would be helpful at this time. I will get back to you on this one.

Black Mind: We need a black market first. We might make one later. If we do, this will become available then. Until then, this is put on hold.

Change Energy: This may need some work, but it's do-able. I have no issues with it.

BusterMax: No. Buy Buster Upgrades. Bomber and Leon both went to a lot of effort to separate the two systems.

SpeedUP: No. This will not be considered. There are too many reasons to list why this or anything remotely like it will ever pass. Please purchase a Speed Upgrade instead.

ShadowMove: Interesting. I really like this. I suggest calling it PhaseOut, or something of that nature, but that's just me.

Block: I'd say reduce the cost to 5, and Break/Impact bypass it (but no additional damage otherwise). Workable.

FastBlock: Again, I think this effect could benefit from a cost reduction. Say 15 or 20, but it will require you to have Block equipped to function... Ha, there's an idea. Doing the same for Shield and Reflect... Kiwarimi could also be an expansion... Hmm...

Slip: Workable, though I'll have to get back to you on it. It shouldn't pass as-is, but....

Number Open: No. This will not be considered. It's broken, and we already have Folder+ NCPs. Please purchase those instead.

Element+ Terrain+: There really isn't any use for this. And to make it useful would require a lot of work. I'm sorry, but no. And uhh, since you've made two Element+ abilities, I'll call this one Terrain+.

Null-Element: There isn't anything I could say about it that would be helpful at this time. I will get back to you on this one.

Sword: No. This will not be considered. Sword breakage is a mod tool, and not one we should relinquish. That goes for weapon breaking of any type, not just swords. This will never happen.

Quick Arm: I like this. Some work will be necessary, but it is workable, and there's probably a large demand for it, too. It won't pass as-is, however the concept is okay.

Reload: There isn't anything I could say about it that would be helpful at this time. I will get back to you on this one.

Group Heal: No. This will not be considered. Make Blast or Nova healing sigs, or find an AoE healing chip.

Run+: Workable.

Adaptive Body: There isn't anything I could say about it that would be helpful at this time. I will get back to you on this one.

Subtype+: There isn't anything I could say about it that would be helpful at this time. I will get back to you on this one.

Call Block: No. This will not be considered. Get a RockCube chip from the shop, or make Summon sigs. I find listing this just before the next one to be ironically amusing, by the way.

Street Cleaner: No. This will not be considered. Buy a Break Shot Buster Upgrade. That's in addition to all the other sources of Object ownage we have out there. Really, if we allowed this to pass, we'd be doing all Summoners a disservice.

Wind Guide: No. This will not be considered. If you want to do this, use Signatures.

Power Boost: Workable.

Element+: I am a heavy advocate of elemental Navis, but this is still iffy. This effect is very very powerful, and stackable, and best of all: endlessly reusable. This has a very very low chance of being accepted, even with a lot of work on it. Sorry.

Switchboard: Interesting concept. It will require a bit of work on our side to make this usable, but I think it could be popular.

IFF Indicator: No. This will not be considered. Nice try bypassing Nova and Blast's drawback, but we're not going to allow it.

Attack+ & ++: No. This will not be considered. It looks small and harmless, but this is actually incredibly broken. Additionally, we have Attack+ chips for the purpose of stackign damage with Multi-Hitting attacks. Please go use them.

Resist+ & ++: No. This will not be considered. It looks small and harmless, but this is actually incredibly broken. Please look into other forms of defense.

SpecialUP Series: No. There's a laundry list of reasons why this will never work out. I'd rather not spend a large chunk of my day cover them all, if that's okay. Short of it is, we have Sig Upgrades, please buy them. We hate empty levels, please don't have them. And this would be another trans-system effect that could cause all sorts of problems with modding. It's just not beneficial to anyone involved, players or mods. Moving on...

SubUP: No. We already lowered the prices on every subchip. Just buy more subchips. If you need more than 4 of any one type of subchip, then buy a submemory expansion, and get more. There's no need to waste levels on this.

SP Recover: There isn't anything I could say about it that would be helpful at this time. I will get back to you on this one.

SP Link: No. This will not be considered.

Weapon UP: Not really an appropriate name... I'll have to get back to you on this, but it's not going to pass in it's current state. That much I can tell you.

-----------------------------------------

Heavy Body: Umm, super armor. Yeah... this is redundant.
Heres a few I would like.

DblAttack
Effect: Lets the user use a battlechip 2 times (5 Uses Only,Melee type chips or Sword or whatever are not allowed on this navicust program.)

FireType
Effect: Converts the next battlechip used (when activated) into a Fire-elemental chip. Can only have 2 Type programs.

AquaType
Effect: Converts the next battlechip used (when activated) into a Ice-type elemental chip. Can only have 2 Type programs.

WoodType
Effect: Converts the next battlechip used (when activated) into a Wood-elemental chip. Can only have 2 Type programs.

ElecType
Effect: Converts the next battlechip used (when activated) into a Elec-elemental chip. Can only have 2 Type programs.

Tell me what ya think. =P