Member from RE:CN

I just want to ask but members who came here from RE:CN can there just pick up where there left off with the same level chips etc there had there are do we have to start all over again?
That's actually a good question. It might be fun to start from zero again and everything, but then again, I don't know if people would take kindly to being forced into that.

I can say for myself that I wouldn't mind starting afresh. I kind of needed it.
I made a bunch of screw-ups when I started, so I'd like to make Wes and Soulman begin again from square-one. I'd have a few things to do like restart Requiem, but it wouldn't take that much to start that up. Of course, if a new Majin Wes started walking around, he'd interact with people who knew the old one, which would be weird. In other words, I say we all start from scratch or keep what we have. We should take a vote to decide. With all the people we could be losing, it might screw things up if we keep things as they are. But that's just my take on it. Like I said, take a vote.
I think we should start with what he have already, but possibly...
Aw man, I forgot my idea...
grah...
freedom to revise sig attacks?
I think that's what I was thinking.
I made a whole new description for my characters, well not that new, but just added some tiny details.
I say start from scratch. Our old characters were from RE:CN. We need new people for RE:RN. Who's with us? I mean, I screwed up alot. Not with characters and such, but the fact that I made everyone IC hate me. And I seemed pretty pathetic.

We should dump RE:CN, and start new.
My vote is you can keep the same characters, but not everything you've earned chip/upgrade wise.

I think a new sigatk get system should be employed, allowing people to keep their level 1, and two sigs or so, if they want to.
Can I then just create a new Navi? But keep what I have, plus the process upgrade 3, since I bought it. And haven't used it yet? Because I'm having trouble thinking up a new signature.

Edit: Why don't we keep our old characters until the tournament ends. After the tournament, we just create new characters. Give it a little Dragonball action, end with a tournament.
Must we always end it with a tournament?
Oh well, but let's have everyone pitch in and see what the general consensus is.
Well, I won't lie. I'd be kinda bummed if we had to start over again. But if that's what ends up happening, Steve and Druidman will continue on.
While starting over is a good chance to get everyone back on-level, I don't want to lose what I've gained. I think that starting over ought to be optional, although that has its penalties, too...I mean, we'll have a plethora of level 1s, while Raiden might be jaunting around at level 10 and PKing everyone else. However, starting over does seem like a cool idea, although I don't like the concept that it was forced to happen by Nale closing RECN.
I just started, so I'm not worried one way or the other.
If we can get everyone to back-up here, that's for the better. The thing is, currently most of the people have no idea that this place exists--and bringing it into the open will only make Nal even more paranoid.

If people can discreetly spread the link around, and tell people to back up--it would be really, really helpful.
Well, oh crap.

I made a topic discussing this.

.... OoO

Oh gods....

But... on t-topic....

I don't care. It'd be nice to keep my stuff, but starting fresh is always fun as well.
Ahh well. Cat's out of the bag. Just keep your fingers crossed, then.
I'll be making a new set of Operator and Navi, completely making Area and Solaria and the Gosthe family go up in smoke. I'll just see this as an alternative dimension.
I'm all for the idea of starting over if we have to. I'll miss Teethman and Hal, for sure, but I could make up new ideas.

I do have to request, though, that we make this an everyone or noone thing, unfortunatley. It's just not going to make sense if we pull a BN, and suddenly half of the people the returning members' characters knew suddenly vanish in a puff of smoke. I say that either everyone keeps their old one (who can), or everyone gets a new one. Either that, or figure out some convenient excuse for why half of the people an already existing person knows disappear, never to be heard from again.
They all got shot.

No, what if they got taken on a net battling tour. And they have to go to another country to learn new skills.
Well, we've got 2 factions here.

We've got the people who simply want to start over here while abandoning RE:CN because of the likelyhood of it closing when Nal blows his stack...

...And we have the people who want to have this as a back-up while still visiting RE:CN, hoping that Nal wont close the site.

Trouble is, this is actually causing the community to become somewhat scattered. It's not much of a problem now, but that's only because not everyone knows what has transpired yet. I, myself, did not find out until I read about it elsewhere, and that was several hours after it was all over. Even still, I'm not seeing a clear consensus on where everyone wants to go from here....

Mixed signals.
I agree, this is causing members to split up into factions.

But as for now, I'm going with the start over option. : )
I had a newish idea.

Everyone starts over at level one, with a bonus if you were of RE:CN. These bonus could be:

1. Enhanced starter navicust pack.
2. Vouchers for whatever sig attack upgrades you had bought.
3. Maybe a couple free HP memories OR NaviCust upgrades.

No idea about it though, just something I thought of. Chips and other upgrades would be gone though.