Hare Raising Magic

Letting out a yawn as Jazz had found a place nearby, letting himself jack out briefly for a quick heal in Stephine's PET before she headed out for her "appointment" or whatever it was, the rabbit hare was relaxing against a tree, eyes half lidded and looking like he was asleep more than anything, the large lapin-based navi practically folded in half, one of his legs folded up over the other at the knee as he just gazed up to the sky through the leaves in the tree, virtual clouds rolling by. Ahhh...nice to get away from Sharo...too many bad memories...[sub]the frigid hellscape of snow and ice not helping matters when I need to summon soil every time I get into a battle...[/sub][sub][sub]need to invest in floatshoes...[/sub][/sub] the hare mumbled to himself, practically unaware of his surroundings.
Popping in via the traditional beam of light, Anathema took a few steps forward, and stretched. "Well, I'm in. I'll let you when I need you, Alda."

"Gotcha."

The resulting silence made it clear that she was all by herself. Kinda weird how since that mission ended, she'd spent almost all her time alone. Oh well. She didn't really need any more time to herself, so she might as well make like her operator, and start looking for stuff. Of course, she didn't need to look for the exact same things. No, virtual potions weren't quite the same. But where should she start her search? Hmm...let's see...how about...that tree over there? Its aura seemed slightly darker than the others. It was somewhere to begin, at least.

"All right, tree, let's see what you've got!" She took the chance to hover off the ground, and float over to it. Nothing of note was growing around the base, sadly. Hmm. Maybe it still had fruit or something? She floated higher, and reached into the foliage. "Okay, let's see what this tree makes...huh?" Snap! "Oops, broke a branch. Oh well, at least trees can't feel pain. Or maybe they can, this is the net, after all." She shrugged, and flung it over. Somehow, it didn't get caught anywhere, and fell right down on the other side. If there was anyone resting against the tree there, they'd probably get bonked on the head. "Hey, what's that up there? C'mere...come...to mama...!" She reached and floated up as high as she could; if anyone came over there, they'd only see her from the collarbone down.
Jazz's ears began to twitch as he began to hear someone in the area, footsteps, he could hear very little of a voice, but it was there to say the least. He simply shrugged to himself, stretching his body out with a quiet yawn, but the snapping sound from beyond his eyesight and above him caused the rabbit to immediately get to his feet...only for him to get clonked on the head by a branch carelessly dropped down from above him, the navi clutching his head and letting out a grumble under his breath, hearing more noises above him. The navi quickly careening his head upwards at the offending noise, taking a few steps forward from the tree and going around to the back of it. Jazz careened his head towards the ruffling and seeing the body of what he figured to be a woman climbing through the tree's foliage, rummaging around the branches, her head and shoulders pretty much covered by the leaves and branches. Summoning a knife between his fingers with a music-note based bottom that curved a little bit to mimic the shape of said object, blade a good three inches in length with a serrated edge, four and a half with the note-shaped bottom. Carefully analyzing the tree's foliage and where the navi was at, hands and the general direction of their head, the navi brought his hand back and with a flick of his wrist, sent the knife right up into the tree, the bladed weapon likely landing near the offending navi's body and sticking a good inch into the cyber-wood with a dull thunk, glitch based "poison" dripping off the blade as the glitch effect dissipated into the wood. Oi! Might wanna be a bit more mindful of where yer throwin shit, I could'a easily shoved that up yer ass!
"...There! Got it!" Now, she just needed to get it a little closer for inspection..."...Aww, it's just different colored. I was hoping it was something a little m-whaaaaa?!" Though it didn't hit her, a knife popped into her field of vision as it went blade first into the tree. The sheer surprise of it made her momentarily forget she knew how to hover, and caused her to fall down to the ground, landing on her posterior. "Oof! Ow..."

As though endangering her wasn't enough, the perpitrator had the audacity to yell at her. She turned and looked, soon turning her gaze into a glare. She didn't care if it was a big, cuddly bunny: NO ONE talked to her like that without soon regretting it. The witch Navi slowly stood up, and began to hover. By the time she was in the air, her hands were surrounded with a black aura, which was sparking from sheer dark force. "Listen here. First of all, no one EVER talks to me like that, unless they enjoy the darkness of Hell itself ripping them apart slowly and painfully. And on a related note, no one shoves anything into me, especially there, without my permission!" ...Actually, wait a sec. More mindful of...oh. Now she understood what was going on. "Hold on. Did I accidentally bonk you with that stick? Er, sorry!" She lowered herself back the ground, and dissipated the dark energy. "I didn't know anyone else was in the area, much less near this tree!"

Though, if that's where he was, that begged the question. "So, what brings you here? You don't look like you're fighting anything off, or foraging for anything. ...Oh, sorry, I suppose I should introduce myself! My name is Anathema, wielder of dark magic! And you are...?"
Jazz simply stood there, hand on his hip as the navi fell from the tree and landing flat on her rear, taking a couple steps back as soon as she got to her..."feet" he supposed, she was likely using programs to hover off the ground, nothing out of the ordinary there. But she got vengeful real quick, the navi staring at her with a blank expression on his face as she began her spiel about how she was going to "have the darkness of hell rip him apart, slowly and painfully." The dark aura was a neat touch in all actuality, really sold the fact she was pissed. But then she realized what he had said and was very quick to do a 180 on her threats, quickly realizing his words and apologizing for her action.

Ah...yea. Sorry about that, I just meant to get yer attention. I made sure to try and not hurt you with that knife. Jazz apologized in turn as she introduced herself. Jazz. Jazz.exe, ex-IPC navi and a demolitions expert. I was just kinda loungin around out here in a safe spot after a quick run to the NetSquare to check out Soryu's chip shop there. Feels a lot nicer here than in Sharo, I'll say that much, fur don't mean nothin when you're getting buffeted by snow, water and ice. Jazz introduced and explained himself, raising an eyebrow. I can only assume you're here for somethin yourself, you don't see many navis climbing trees in search of somethin in general.
"Heh, I sure hope so." At least, Anathema HOPED he wasn't trying to hit her. It was off by juuuust enough that she couldn't be 100% sure if he was or not. "Well, sorry I wrecked your quiet time! I'm just looking around for things that I can use for my magic! Ingredients for Net potions, items for dark rituals, portals to Murkland, that sort of thing! Since Okuden's net is full of nature and fairly quiet, I thought it might be a good place to check out!"

So, he came from Sharo to here? Brr. "Oof, I bet. I'd last maybe 5 minutes before my nipples tore open my dress!" ...Actually, that sounded fun. Especially if people were watching, and wanted to warm her up afterward..."Anyway, I won't bug you any longer, and let you get back to your, er, loungin'! See you around!" Hmm. Where to check out next...the witch Navi hovered again, this time to get another look around the area, and scout out spots where stuff might be.
Jazz shrugged, he wasn't trying to hurt her, yea. Didn't mean his knife couldn't have been off if he had flicked the knife just a bit more to the side. But as she continued, thoughts poured into his head, though he immediately tried to shake them out...didn't need another romp in the woods like with Prose. But despite that, he seemed to want to tag along, some niggling in the back of his head telling him to help her. But before she could think of leaving, the hare pipped up. Want some company, Anathema? He asked bluntly. Lotta viruses around here, I got lucky and found a quiet spot. But going further's gonna draw unwanted attention, and I'm sure you could use someone watching your back while you forage around for your ingredients. And besides blowing things up with stuff like spreaders and shotguns, I play well with others. Barriers, casings and a bit of healing.
Hmm. Maybe that patch of grass was hiding something? But those trees over there could also contain-huh? He wanted to tag along? ...Yeah, viruses were always a threat. "Well, viruses do have a knack for ruining fun. Actually, now that you bring them up, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Maybe it's not the flora I should be focusing on, but the fauna! And if you wanna tag along, far be it from me to say no!" Jazz's skill set sounded about what one would expect: explosions, and ways to avoid damage from said explosions, seemed right for a demolitions expert. "I'm afraid my skill set is more, well, self-sufficient. But don't worry, my abilities are pretty good at the whole killing thing...and your enemies can't hurt you if they're already deleted, no?"

"Now, the question is, which way should we go...ah, screw it, let's just pick one and go that way!" Anathema spun in mid-air for a moment, eventually stopping such that her back was to the tree. "That way it is. C'mon, Jazz, we've got work to do!" Without waiting for a response, she grabbed the lagomorph by the hand to lead him off to probable battle. Though, considering her strength was almost entirely magical and not exactly physical, he could probably move her much more easily than she could move him, unless he played along.

(Searching for Battle #1)
Jazz was pretty much letting her get it out of her system at this point, he wasn't about to interrupt her internal thinking and external monologue, watching Anathema spin about in the air as she wondered which way to go, but as soon as she figured out which way they were to head off towards, he was grabbed by the hand, feeling that she had a bit more muscle under her exterior than he thought, and was quickly whisked off towards battle! And he wasn't about to try and pull back on her excited ramblings and tugs, stumbling forward and running behind her, less to keep up with her and more to keep his arm from popping out of it's socket. Gah!

(Battle 1, let's go! 160 HP, Smash/Mass Destruction)
+4 FXP

The pair came upon a mostly open field with rolling hills. A patch of mud to their South shifted before a large head of corn sprouted from it. A smiling face appeared upon it just before it lobbed a corn-shaped bomb at the navis. It popped nearby their feet and made a terrible racket. The sound must have alerted every virus in the area, as to the North cresting the hill, came a small group of viruses. They spread out as they came over the hill. A ghost, a raccoon, a spider, and a bat made for a rag-tag group of viral menaces. Also, to the West a pair of portals appeared, depositing giant hands the size of navis. Their restful day of collecting ingredients would have to wait.

-- Viruses --
SpookySpooky (Spooky)

Area: ACDC, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Netopia

HP: 30
Attack: 10 Null
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Teleports up to the opponent and slaps with its long tongue.
Element: Null
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Recover10, Recover30 (Rare), Invis1 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Can teleport at will.
- Can use Recover 30 on any virus below 1/2 HP
: 30 HP [Normal] [North-East]
BandcoonBandcoon (Bandcoon)

Bandcoons are gray raccoon-like creatures, around 30 inches in height. They possess black stripes around their body, aside from their short, almost stub-like legs. Their faces are usually unseen, as they're covered in a red mask with string decorations. Their tails are twice as long as their actual bodies, and are usually curved into a question mark shape. At first this may seem like a simple design choice, but the tail is actually prehensile, and Bandcoon cleverly use it to steal chip data from Navis. Bandcoons' speed and small size combine to make them surprisingly difficult to hit while moving, and are even agile enough to turn sharply with little problem. However, if caught standing still, they're practically sitting ducks. However, when they're not using chips, they always prefer to move when possible. Their main tactic is to roll around and confound the enemy with their speed, then move in and swipe them with their tail, using it like a hook to grab data not directly tied to them, namely Battlechips. They can then use it themselves, at reduced power, as a free action. All other effects of the chips still apply, including pre-requisites to use the chip (i.e. Spice still needs Grass terrain, MachineSword still requires that the enemy be stunned). Higher level Bandcoon are aware of such conditions, and will try to satisfy the requirements if at all possible. If the enemy has no Battlechips, Bandcoons get extremely aggravated, and will ram an enemy in anger and desperation. However, they severely dislike doing this, and will only use this attack as a last resort for when they have no chips.

Area: Yoka, Okuden Valley, Netopia, Yumland

HP: 60
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: Chip Steal + 1/3 Chip Use
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Bandcoon steals a single random chip the opponent has selected this turn. They then use the chip at 1/3 of its normal power, rounded down to the nearest 5. Recovery chips still work at full power.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Impact
Secondary Attack Accuracy: A
Secondary Attack Description: If Bandcoon cannot steal an attacking chip for any reason, they will instead roll into an enemy.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Pickpocket (Rare), Zenny
Special: Haste while moving (+10%). Double Slow while standing still (-20%).
: 60 HP [Normal] [North]
SpidySpidy (Spider)

Spider viruses attack by setting webs on panels, objects, and other handy surfaces. The webs may even be strung between surfaces, such as blocking doorways. Anything that touches the webs triggers them detaching from whatever surface they were attached to and wrapping around the target. The webs cause a slow effect, as well as dealing damage for every action the target uses to dodge the following turn unless the webs are burned off, cut off, or removed by some other means. Status cure will not remove the webs, or the slow effect they generate. Spiders do not attack directly, and they may lay one panel's worth of webbing each turn for every action they possess. They may lay webs while moving. Spiders are immune to the effects of ANY WhiteWeb attacks, be they generated by Spider viruses or from battlechips. Webbing causes the target to become weak to fire, thus the next fire attack will deal double damage if the webs have not been removed first.

Area: Okuden Valley, Dentech, Yumland, Netfrica, NetVegas

HP: 80
Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Wood + Slow (Web) / 5 Wood (Dodge w/ Web)
Attack Accuracy: C / S
Attack Description: Teleport to enemy and creates spider webs
Element: Wood
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): WhiteWeb1, Zenny
Special: Webs cause damage when player dodges.
: 80 HP [Normal] [North-West]
PulseBatPulseBat (PulseBat)

Area: ACDC, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Sharo, NetVegas

Attack Damage/Effect: 30 + Seeking
Attack Accuracy: A
Attack Description: Uses a sonic screech to damage its opponents.
Secondary Attack Effect: EchoLocation
Secondary Attack Description: Launches a sonic pulse to reveal hidden or illusory targets.
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Pulsar1, EchoLocation, Zenny.
Special: Airshoes. If PulseBat hits an object, its attack spreads to up to 8 other targets at half damage while dealing full damage to that object. Every other turn, this virus enters High Altitude (dropdown) status and does not attack.
: 80 HP [AirShoes] [Normal] [North-West]
HandyHandy (Handy)

Handy Viruses attack by opening a dimensional gate below themselves, and dropping into it. The exit gate opens next to their destination, and they will rise out of it holding an explosive. This explosive is placed on an unbroken panel, and the Handy is free to move after. The use of gates does not count as teleporting, but can be used as a means of dodging as they attack. Gates are only used when attacking, and at no other time. Handy viruses will not set a new explosive until either a turn has passed, or they pass one action without setting a new bomb, whichever comes first. For more info on the bombs Handy viruses use, see below.

Area: SciLab, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Netopia, Hades Isle

Primary Attack Damage: 50 Null to all enemies after 2 turns
Primary Attack Accuracy: S
Primary Attack Description: Places a 100HP TimeBomb on the field, with a clearly visible digital timer on it. The bomb counts down for two turns, then explodes, dealing 50 damage to all enemies. If the bomb's HP is reduced to Zero before time expires, the bomb is harmlessly destroyed.
Secondary Attack Damage: 50 Null Counterattack + Blast2
Secondary Attack Accuracy: S
Secondary Attack Description: Places a 1HP DudBomb on the field, with a clearly visible digital X displayed on the side. The bomb remains on the field until the end of the turn after it was summoned, then self destructs harmlessly. If the DudBomb is attacked, it detonates whatever attacked it for 50 Null damage in a Blast2 area. This counterattack is indescriminate, and will trigger against the attacker no matter who or what it may be, without exception.
Element: Null.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): TimeBomb1, Zenny
Special: This virus cannot attack unless there is at least 1 unbroken and unoccupied panel on the field for it to place bombs on.
B: 80 HP [Normal] [West]
HandyHandy (Handy)

Handy Viruses attack by opening a dimensional gate below themselves, and dropping into it. The exit gate opens next to their destination, and they will rise out of it holding an explosive. This explosive is placed on an unbroken panel, and the Handy is free to move after. The use of gates does not count as teleporting, but can be used as a means of dodging as they attack. Gates are only used when attacking, and at no other time. Handy viruses will not set a new explosive until either a turn has passed, or they pass one action without setting a new bomb, whichever comes first. For more info on the bombs Handy viruses use, see below.

Primary Attack Description: Places a 100HP TimeBomb on the field, with a clearly visible digital timer on it. The bomb counts down for two turns, then explodes, dealing 50 damage to all enemies. If the bomb's HP is reduced to Zero before time expires, the bomb is harmlessly destroyed.
Secondary Attack Description: Places a 1HP DudBomb on the field, with a clearly visible digital X displayed on the side. The bomb remains on the field until the end of the turn after it was summoned, then self destructs harmlessly. If the DudBomb is attacked, it detonates whatever attacked it for 50 Null damage in a Blast2 area. This counterattack is indescriminate, and will trigger against the attacker no matter who or what it may be, without exception.
Special: This virus cannot attack unless there is at least 1 unbroken and unoccupied panel on the field for it to place bombs on.
A: 80 HP [Normal] [South-West]
BombCornBombCorn (BombCorn)

BombCorn move and dodge at average speed. They may move every turn as a free action once. They cannot move and attack at the same time.

Area: Okuden Valley, Dentech, Yumland

HP: 70
Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Wood + Blast1 x 2 Targets
Attack Accuracy: D
Attack Description: Launches bombs of corn at opponents
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): CornShot1, Zenny
: 70 HP [Mud] [South]

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP [FloatShoes/ShadowShoes] [Normal]
Jazz.EXE: 160 HP [Normal]

-- Terrain --
90% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
  • Automatically triggers Aqua Boost for appropriate chip attacks.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood + Slow1.
[A patch in the South]

-- Battle 1 Ready? Start!! --
Coming across a simple field, the rabbit navi's ears were quick to pop up, hearing a popping noise, Jazz was quick to contort himself to the side, missing the Bombcorn's attack on them. Causing them to pretty much skid to a halt, various viruses began to swarm the front of them, several of them being far more annoying than the usual rabble...and of course, there was the ever annoying Bandcoon, that thief put him to shame with how seamlessly it stole chip data from navis and used it against them. But if he could get one of their chips...well, he'd certainly not complain.

Then he realized...Ah crap. I hope Stephine isn't doing anything important right now. I knew she had an appointment, but I didn't think I'd be getting into fights. Jazz was quick to pop up with. Thankfully, his fears were alleviated when a popup came up in front of him. Jazz. Where the hell are you and why am I picking up virus signatures?! The text read out in front of him, with a sigh he quickly responded back in text. Went to Okuden to relax, met magic chick, went to help her gather stuff, got viruses on us, in order. Need chips if at all possible, bought two MokoRush1 chips, want those, and want the AirStorm1 we got in Sharo. He sent out, and was rewarded with the three requested chips along with another screen a moment later. Be -very- thankful I don't need to be very attentive for this appointment.

Alright then. That's sorted out. Jazz said nonchalantly as he looked over the viruses, turning to Anathema. Gonna try to distract the Bandcoon with a couple attacks, as well as try to take out the Handies down there. Not sure if you've fought them before, but they're a bitch to fight head on, would appreciate if you could throw an attack their way as well, do whatever else you feel is necessary as well. Jazz calmly explained to her, a barrier quickly wrapping around the poison making navi to protect from the attacks sure to come to her, as well as a casing to firmly close around his body. I'll draw my three targets towards me, so be prepared to aim. Jazz would finish, flashing Anathema a grin.

Quick on his feet, fleet as the wind, Jazz broke off from Anathema as he was quick to pass by her towards the left, heading down westward to try and draw in attacks towards his rabbit face, turning around mid-sprint to face the three viruses he wanted to rip into. Exhaling out, the lagomorph began to immediately draw in air, back bent backwards as the air around the three viruses he had his eyes on began to feel the winds swirl around them. The trio feeling the winds trying to push them forwards in various ways, all trying to converge towards Jazz in their own unique ways as he waited for a brief moment, waiting for what was going to happen to the three pests, before bellowing out loudly, air swirling around him into three uniform tornadoes that began to coast towards his intended targets, one towards each Handy and the Bandcoon, gravel and grass interspersed through the winds to add in that extra little bit of annoyance.

And with that, two whistles appeared in his hands. The navi grinning from ear to ear as he quickly inhaled again, sticking both of those whistles in his mouth and blowing out as loudly as he could, the whistles echoing around the area as the noise eventually died down. All was quiet for a brief moment. But, before long, the sounds of stampeding hooves could be heard from beyond the field. Moments later, two sets of three fluffy wool covered Moko viruses charged in, though one group of Mokos seemed to be different, the first group covered in a metallic armor with spikes coming off of each of them...Moko armor? At least Jazz didn't pay an electronic currency for that. But either way, the three mokos of each group split off from each other, moving past Jazz as they attempted to ram and stampede the offending viruses down.

Overview
*Smash (Add breaking property to one attack)
*Mass Destruction (Add +1 coverage to all chips with Splash/Spread/Blast/Nova)
*Bunny Barrier (20 HP Barrier to Anathema)
*Bunny Casing (20 HP Casing to Self)
1: Movement towards the west
2: AirStorm1Damage: 50 x3 shots + Variable Targeting
Accuracy: B
Description: Pulls three enemies towards user, than fires three tornadoes at them, may be divided however user wants.
Duration: Once
Special: Variable Targeting: Allows the user to select a target for each individual hit of an attack. This means they may strike the same target multiple times, multiple different targets, or a mix of the two as they wish.
Special: Wind Type: This chip counts as Wind Type for the purposes of Wind triggered effects, such as traps and terrain.
Special: Pull: Brings a target one movement space closer to the source. Use of this effect on anchored objects may move the user instead of the target.
Trader Rank: D
--->HandyA&B and Bandcoon (Draw viruses towards Jazz, 1 tornado to each)
3: MokoRush1Damage: 60 + Ground Attack x 3 targets
Accuracy: C
Description: Summons 3 Mokolo viruses to charge at the enemy. Only broken or missing terrain can stop their charge.
--->HandyA&B and Bandcoon (Add Breaking)
4: MokoRush1Damage: 60 + Ground Attack x 3 targets
Description: Summons 3 Mokolo viruses to charge at the enemy. Only broken or missing terrain can stop their charge.
--->HandyA&B and Bandcoon
Hmm, a field. Unfortunately for Anathema, it didn't really seem to be a field of anything besides mud, and grass that was too short to even burn properly. "Doesn't look like there's a whole lot over here, huh? Guess we should...wait a sec. I sense something..." Sure enough, a large pop and explosion signaled the arrival of viruses. Luckily, the bomb landed a bit short, so she didn't have to move to avoid it. "I was starting to wonder when something would show up. Should be a great chance to test my new powers!" ...Well, with some help, obviously. "Hey, Alda! We've got company!"

"Let's see...nope, this plant isn't that...huh? Annie, that you?"

"Yep! I'm gonna need some operation, I'm afraid!"

"Honestly, it took longer than I thought it would. All right, let's see what you've got...wait, why is there a fluffy bunny over there?"

"Long story short, I made a new friend. Now, can we get started or not?"

"All right, all right. Actually, I'm going to set something up." The alchemist quickly slammed three chips into her PET in rapid succession, then tapped her screen a few times. "There. I gave you three chips, but they'll only go in one at a time. They're what I got from that last mission, and they all looked pretty good. Test them out, all right? And let me know if you need more afterward."

"Will do!" With that, Anathema's body flashed, causing everything from the neck down to become covered in Navi armor, though it was all beneath her clothing. She then turned to her new busting partner, and upon hearing his plan, tilted her head in confusion. "Er, distract? I dunno if you're seeing what I'm seeing, but that thing can't take a ton of punishment. Why not just delete it? We can't really be better off with it around, can we?" Now, let's see the first chip she had to work with...IceWave? The specs on it were pretty good, at least. Let's see...looked like he was trying to draw that one virus in with wind. Lucky guy, she didn't have any wind 'magic'. But, she needed to account for that, so she lined up such that her attack would line up perfectly with the Bandcoon; that way, it would hit regardless how much it was sucked in. Once she'd gotten that angle, she extended her hands forward, and created a ball of ice energy the size of her head. She then launched it ahead, noting that it undulated slightly as it traveled. It wouldn't impact its aim, though; if anything, it might make it slightly harder to avoid...but maybe that was just her imagination.

Before she could continue, an ear-splitting sound froze her for a moment, causing her to look over at Jazz. She wasn't really upset, though. Quite the opposite; she was smiling. "Heh, I can see you're pretty good at sucking and blowing!" She could think of a few ways to make good use of that...but maybe not while they were in mortal peril. "Just...maybe make sure you're facing away from me when you do that next time?" Actually, wait a sec...everything seemed to be visually very slightly off. Why...oh, now she saw. "Hey, did you give me this barrier? Thanks! Sorry I can't return the favor...I'll show my appreciation by tearing some of the other viruses a new one!"

Okay, now let's see the next chip...DollThunder. The specs on it were pretty nice, too. This time, the witch Navi only extended a single hand forward, and kept it pointed straight at her target...this time, she was trying to get the Spidy and Batty in a straight line, if possible. A ball of electricity soon formed over her hand, then fired a beam of lightning from it. It wasn't exactly flashy, but it was quick, and she didn't have to float allllll the way over there to destroy them, so it had her approval. Now she just needed a fire-based chip to complete the trifecta...

...And sure enough, she got it, unless FlameLine was a horrible misnomer. And according to its description, it was actually pretty apt. Now, what to burn...oh, right, she needed to give some payback to that popcorn bomb. She turned over to the BombCorn, and waved her arm. At first, it seemed like nothing happened, but a wall of flame suddenly erupted in that area...if her aim was true, the virus would be right on top of it. And then she could see if it popped as well as its bombs did.

Now, while she COULD go after that last virus, her self-preservation instincts won out. Anathema scoured the field of leftover enemies, ready to float out of the way of attacks as needed.

[Order of Turn:
1- IceWave1Damage: 80 + Freeze
Accuracy: A
Description: Sends a wave of ice at one enemy
Element: Aqua
Special: Ice Type: This chip counts as Ice Type for the purposes of potentially freezing targets on Aqua Element Terrain or environments, as applicable.
on Bandcoon
2- DollThunder1Damage: 80 + Line-Attack5
Description: Fires a powerful bolt of lightning that pierces through objects and enemies alike.
Element: Elec
on Spidy and PulseBat
3- FlameLine1Damage: 70 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack
Description: A wall of fire erupts from the ground, burning up to 3 targets.
Element: Fire
on BombCorn
4-Dodge]
Jazz ran off towards the West, passing Anathema and giving her a nice barrier as a gift. Anathema, not wanting to waste time just distracting it, just sent out an IceWave1 toward the Bandcoon. The Bandcoon rolls up into a ball and spins really, really fast. Before Anathema could blink, the ice energy ball she had been nursing in her hands disappeared with a flash of a curved fluffy tail. Thankfully, the Bandcoon wasn't a good shot, even from close range. The blast of ice sails right past Anathema's head. Handy B moves into a gate that appears above it and ends up appearing in front of Anathema with a bomb grasped in its digits. It places the bomb right next to her, a giant red X printed on it indicating its danger.

Jazz enhales, trying to draw in Handy A, Handy B, and the Bandcoon towards him. The two Handy's get pulled to the West, the Bandcoon's tail sticking into the ground to anchor it and avoid the pull. Then Jazz exhales in a loud roar, forming tornadoes that go after the three virues. Unfortunately, only one tornado hits, causing a lot of damage to Handy B. Anathema follows suit by sending out a beam of lightning toward the Spidy and PulseBat. The Spidy is electricuted into deletion, but the bolt of lightning misses the PulseBat.

Anathema whirls around and causes a wall of flame to erupt around the BombCorn. Viral screams and horrid popping follow, and when the fire dies down, all that is left is a mound of popped-corn. Jazz also sends a bunch of spiky-armored sheep toward the Handys and the Bandcoon. The armored visors make the Mokolos somewhat less accurate in their charges then they should be, and only the Bandcoon gets trampled into deletion by their charge.

Anathema goes evasive while Jazz sends another charge of fluffy sheep at the enemy again. This time they hit their targets, trampling down the wounded Handy B and damaging Handy A.

The Spooky bathes Handy A in healing light, recovering some of its damage. Handy A then rises up through a gate to the North-East and places a bomb. This one with a time indicator.

The PulseBat sends a sonic screech toward the DudBomb next to Anathema. The screech echoes off the bomb before it explodes. Thankfully, she dodged the screech and the barrier absorbed the resulting explosion, leaving her unharmed. The PulseBat extended its wings and began to flap. Looks like it is going to try to get away into the air soon.

-- Viruses --
SpookySpooky (Spooky)

Attack Description: Teleports up to the opponent and slaps with its long tongue.
: 30 HP [Normal] [North-East]

Bandcoons are gray raccoon-like creatures, around 30 inches in height. They possess black stripes around their body, aside from their short, almost stub-like legs. Their faces are usually unseen, as they're covered in a red mask with string decorations. Their tails are twice as long as their actual bodies, and are usually curved into a question mark shape. At first this may seem like a simple design choice, but the tail is actually prehensile, and Bandcoon cleverly use it to steal chip data from Navis. Bandcoons' speed and small size combine to make them surprisingly difficult to hit while moving, and are even agile enough to turn sharply with little problem. However, if caught standing still, they're practically sitting ducks. However, when they're not using chips, they always prefer to move when possible. Their main tactic is to roll around and confound the enemy with their speed, then move in and swipe them with their tail, using it like a hook to grab data not directly tied to them, namely Battlechips. They can then use it themselves, at reduced power, as a free action. All other effects of the chips still apply, including pre-requisites to use the chip (i.e. Spice still needs Grass terrain, MachineSword still requires that the enemy be stunned). Higher level Bandcoon are aware of such conditions, and will try to satisfy the requirements if at all possible. If the enemy has no Battlechips, Bandcoons get extremely aggravated, and will ram an enemy in anger and desperation. However, they severely dislike doing this, and will only use this attack as a last resort for when they have no chips.

Primary Attack Description: Bandcoon steals a single random chip the opponent has selected this turn. They then use the chip at 1/3 of its normal power, rounded down to the nearest 5. Recovery chips still work at full power.
Secondary Attack Description: If Bandcoon cannot steal an attacking chip for any reason, they will instead roll into an enemy.
: DELETED
SpidySpidy (Spider)

Spider viruses attack by setting webs on panels, objects, and other handy surfaces. The webs may even be strung between surfaces, such as blocking doorways. Anything that touches the webs triggers them detaching from whatever surface they were attached to and wrapping around the target. The webs cause a slow effect, as well as dealing damage for every action the target uses to dodge the following turn unless the webs are burned off, cut off, or removed by some other means. Status cure will not remove the webs, or the slow effect they generate. Spiders do not attack directly, and they may lay one panel's worth of webbing each turn for every action they possess. They may lay webs while moving. Spiders are immune to the effects of ANY WhiteWeb attacks, be they generated by Spider viruses or from battlechips. Webbing causes the target to become weak to fire, thus the next fire attack will deal double damage if the webs have not been removed first.

Secondary Attack Description: Launches a sonic pulse to reveal hidden or illusory targets.
Special: Airshoes. If PulseBat hits an object, its attack spreads to up to 8 other targets at half damage while dealing full damage to that object. Every other turn, this virus enters High Altitude (dropdown) status and does not attack.
: 80 HP [AirShoes] [Normal] [North-West]
HandyHandy (Handy)

B: DELETED
HandyHandy (Handy)

A: 60 HP [Normal] [North-East]

BombCorn move and dodge at average speed. They may move every turn as a free action once. They cannot move and attack at the same time.

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP [FloatShoes/ShadowShoes] [Normal] [Barrier Broken!]
Jazz.EXE: 160 HP [Normal] [West] [20 HP Casing]

-- Terrain --
90% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
[A patch in the South]

-- Objects --
DudBomb: DELETED
Mound of Popped-Corn: ? HP [Mud] [South]
TimeBomb: 100 HP [Normal] [North-East] [2 Turns Remaining]
Watching as Anathema tried to attack the Bandcoon, he noticed the attack she -was- going to launch at it...disappear...and appear in it's hands. Thankfully, it missed with the resulting attack, alongside him and her coming out relatively unscathed from the attacks launched at them. Anathema lost her barrier, granted, but she didn't take a hit that actively hurt her HPs. That's why, those little trash pandas like to steal chip data and throw it back at ya! Jazz shouted to his partner after the fact. He figured better late than never, but regardless, his attention was taken back to the viruses in their vicinity, a barrier to replace the last one and a casing to give her an extra layer of protection. She needed them more than him, since he didn't take a single hit earlier.

Doin okay there, Jazzy? You and your new friend seem to be getting along just fine. came a popup, obviously Stephine with her usual "witty" retorts to Jazz. Doing juuuuust fine, Stephine. Just need a couple more chips and we should be done with this fight. Though we'll probably be doing more fighting as we explore. Though gimmie the Shotgun, Hi-Cannon and SideGun. Me and her have a few more pests to eliminate. Jazz quickly wrote back, with a rather quick popup after. Girl? Oooooooh, I wonder if Prose would like that! The message said, Jazz quick to roll his eyes as the three chips were quick to be slotted in afterwards. He didn't need to move for this, neither did he need to worry about the Handy, which meant two real targets to go after first.

Quickly loading the first chip that had been brought to his queue of actions for the moment, pulling out a simple gun barrel from out of nowhere, the barrel being a lot wider than a simple cylindrical design, the weapon fairly unassuming besides the wider muzzle, about three sizes too wide for it and slightly lopsided on the left end. Cocking his weapon, the navi brought up a simple sight as he brought one knee to the ground. Lining up his shot with the flying pest, Jazz would pull the trigger and a loud blast exploded out of the muzzle of his weapon, and with it a single thin shot rocketed out to hopefully blast a hole through the PulseBat's round body, with an explosion in the air that spread out three ways, two pellets on the left end and one in the middle and on the right.

With a second chip loaded into his body, Jazz would quickly bring out a simple, unassuming knife. The blade ground to a fine point like a needle, the navi looking over to where the Spooky had planted it's spectral behind at, seeming to be behind the TimeBomb that had begun to count down like some sort of puppet waiting to explode. Even had the accent and everything. "Three! Ah ah ah! Two! Ah ah ah!" Jazz simply shook his head, he didn't need that messing up his concentration. Bringing his arm back behind him, the navi had a little bit of explosive powder sink into the blade, coating the weapon a greasy black as he thought on it. With a grin, the rabbit threw the knife in a single motion, sending the bladed weapon hurtling towards the TimeBomb that had been leftover from earlier. Should it have hit, the blade would explode forwards, sending an explosion of energy through the bomb upon the point of impact and, with it, hopefully tag the Spooky behind it with the resulting splash damage.

And with his final chip in his queue, Jazz decided to just say screw it to being tactful. Putting his hands together, he began to construct a large blue cannon in the likeness of the same virus that dropped the chip. The cannon letting out a high pitched "WHEEEEEEEN" noise, Jazz quickly turned to the idling Handy virus, his cannon beginning to show off a small bit of light within the barrel, things rotating on the side of it as it finished charging up in his hands. And with a simple click, a blast of energy swiftly discharged it's self out of the barrel, flying towards the five fingered menace and hopefully put an end to it's miserable existence.

*Bunny Barrier (20 HP Barrier to Anathema)
*Bunny Casing (20 HP Casing to Anathema)
1: Take Aim at PulseBat
2: SideGunDamage: 110 + Spread 2
Description: A gun whose shot penetrates enemies to hit an enemy on each side of it, as if forming a line shape.
Trader Rank: B
--->PulseBat (+Accuracy, +Spread coverage)
3: ShotgunDamage: 50 + Spread 1
Description: A gun whose shot penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Trader Rank: E
--->Primary target being the TimeBomb, hoping Splash hits the Spooky (+Spread coverage)
4: Hi-CannonDamage: 120 + Knockback
Description: A decent sized cannon with a single shot.
Trader Rank: C
--->HandyA
Okay, time to take stock of what happened. ...Really, they could've done better, though she probably looked slightly better due to using more focused attacks. "I'm, uh, fairly sure those are raccoons and not pandas. I know they both have the cute little mask look, but totally not the same thing!" Not that it mattered, because it was dead. Like, super dead. Hard to be deader than that. And-wait, looking over at that Batty, it looked like it was about to work on its altitude. Operator alert time. "Alda, I'm gonna need more!"

"Hmm? Ah, yeah. All right, let's get rid of that Batty before it flies up and gets really annoying! BattleChip, SideBamboo! Slot in!" A clicking noise shortly afterward signaled to the Navi that something just got shoved into the PET's chip slot.

A hole formed next to the flying virus, from which popped up a cluster of bamboo. It wasted no time in opening and revealing that it was, in fact, a Kilby, and a sharpened stick of bamboo was jabbed forward in an attempt to pierce the Batty, and prevent it from becoming a giant pest in the giant sky. Without waiting to see the result, the Wood virus retreated into itself, then the void from whence it came. Anathena then quickly waved her arm, causing the dark opening to vanish without a trace. "So, what else we got? Anything we can use on the others?"

"Well..." Uh, crap. What else DID they have? Looking, looking...oh, of course. That one chip she got from that trade. "Ah yes, I got something nice from a trade. It's a combo, but I'm only sending you the first part of it, since, well, no need to blow our load that quickly."

"You act like blowing a load quickly is a bad thing!"

"...Just think of it as something to look forward to. For now...BattleChip, DoubleShot! Slot in!"

The witch Navi's hands acquired a black aura, as she acquired the chip data, and began to work out how she'd use it. She pointed at the ground to each side, causing an outline to form in a circle. "Oh, this one's going to be fun! I know it!" She raised her arms, causing chunks of the ground to rise, leaving only emptiness in their stead. Now, she just needed to point over at the Spooky and Handy...and a piece of earth was launched at each, conveniently providing them with their own tomb should they connect.

Her new chip played with, Anathema settled for giving the battlefield a good, hard look, just in case something still survived. That way, she'd be more than ready to give it the sendoff it deserved...quick yet painful, for being such a pest. She figured there was no harm in waiting; Jazz's defenses would render her basically untouchable for the moment.

[Order of Turn:
1- SideBamboo1Damage: 80 + Long Attack
Description: Summons a Kilby virus to the field that stabs the enemy from the side with a long lance, then silently vanishes. Can hit up to 2 targets.
on PulseBat
2- DoubleShotDamage: 60 + Small Broken Terrain Change x 2 Shots + Terrain Effect Bonus + Variable Targeting
Description: Rips up 2 panels and sends them flying at designated targets.
Element: Depends on Terrain
Special: Terrain Effect Bonus: Adds an additional effect to an attack where applicable, depending on the type of terrain used.
Special: Variable Targeting: Allows the user to select a target for each individual hit of an attack. This means they may strike the same target multiple times, multiple different targets, or a mix of the two as they wish.
Trader Rank: C
on Spooky and HandyA
---TURN SPLICE---
Jazz cloaked Anathema in two layers of protection as he took aim at the PulseBat. Anathema didn't even wait and summoned a Kilby to stab the PulseBat in the side. The PulseBat flapped its wings and was about to fly into the air, but a sharp piece of bamboo gouged through one of its wings and into its heart, deleting it.

The Spooky and Handy began to teleport as the witch navi ripped up chunks of the terrain and threw them at the viruses. The Spooky avoided the attack, but the Handy got tagged, deleting it. The Spooky appeared next to Anathama and licked her... barrier.

Time froze.

-- Viruses --
SpookySpooky (Spooky)

: 30 HP [Normal] [Next to Anathema]

SpidySpidy (Spider)

HandyHandy (Handy)

HandyHandy (Handy)

A: DELETED

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP [FloatShoes/ShadowShoes] [Normal] [10 HP Barrier] [20 HP Casing] [2 Actions Remaining]
Jazz.EXE: 160 HP [Normal] [West] [20 HP Casing] [2 Actions Remaining; Do you wish to use the same actions as listed or do you want to change them?]

-- Terrain --
80% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Mud
[A patch in the South]
10% Broken
  • Not bottomless.
  • Reverts to Normal after a time, if no one is inside.
  • Doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
  • 1-4 Movements actions to climb back out depending on method.
[Two holes on either side of Anathema]

-- Objects --
TimeBomb: 100 HP [Normal] [North-East] [2 Turns Remaining]
Jazz's processors took hint of a very slight delay in the world, almost unnoticeable as he took aim at the Handy's Time Bomb, but despite that...it, the PulseBat and his main target, the Spooky, had teleported away from the bomb. He turned his head slightly, knife's fuse dampened as he saw it right next to Anathema, licking her barrier and putting an ever so slight dent in it. His eyes catching that it was too near his partner to avoid hitting her in the resulting blast...and then realized that she'd be perfectly safe. The battle would end anyways, and it's not like his barrier would let in the extra overflow damage anyways.

Got yer back, Anathema! Just close your ears for a second, got some explosive ordinance, the barrier aoughta protect ya! Jazz shouted at Anathema as he brought the knife back behind his back, taking a mental aim at the floating specter, doing his best to try and bring the flak from his exploding knife's blast to avoid hitting his partner. With a careful hand, bringing his arm across his chest, his swiped at the air with his arm and released his knife. The wick engulfed in flames again, the knife spun every slowly towards the Spooky, attempting to stick it through it's head from his current distance, the knife exploding upon impact with whatever would be hit with a satisfying thunk. Two blasts of energy exploding outwards in slightly different directions from each other, one straight ahead and the other just slightly off to the left with a small explosion.

Jazz then summoned the Cannon he had downloaded earlier, his hands engulfed in energy and quickly recreating the blue hue and size of a Canodumb from the rogue networks. The hare navi pointing towards the Spooky, or whatever was left of it, and took a brief bit of aim towards it's form. With a pulsating hum, the cannon began to energize it's self, whatever it was loaded with began to glow a bright purple inside the barrel, emitting an even brighter glow as it continued to charge up, a satisfying VRRRRRRMMMMMMMM echoing around Jazz. With a simple "click", energy let loose out of the barrel, sending a tight ball of energy towards the Spooky with a loud explosion. Hopefully, despite Jazz's explosive tendencies, his ally would remain unharmed from his splash.

Overview
3: Shotgun--->Primary target being the Spooky (+Spread coverage)
4: Hi-Cannon--->Spooky
"That thing's still alive?!" Anathema started to develop the same aura she had against Jazz, but suddenly stopped. "Wait a sec. Those things attack by LICKING?! Dang, why'd you have to give me this barrier? At least the casing would've let me feel it a bit...hmm, I wonder if I could somehow trap its soul and use it for an SP? Then I could get all the tongue lashings I want! ...Except that's some seriously high level dark magic, higher than I'm comfortable with for the time being. Not really worth it. Still, maybe I could base an SP on one. I'm sure the basic instructions for that are hanging around somewhere on the Net..."

"...Hmm?" The witch Navi looked over at the bunny, with a slightly used blue cannon over his hand. "I'm sorry, did you say something? I needed to think something over. Actually, wait, did you just kill the Spooky?" She looked over, to see if it still existed. If not, her internal debate was moot.

[Order of Turn:
---TURN SPLICE---
3-Lament not knowing how Spooky attacked
4-But oh well]
Time resumed and the Spooky was blown away by a combination of Shotgun and Hi-Cannon blast. The TimeBomb, noticing there were no viruses left, fizzled out.

-- Viruses --
SpookySpooky (Spooky)

SpidySpidy (Spider)

HandyHandy (Handy)

HandyHandy (Handy)

A: DELETED

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP [FloatShoes/ShadowShoes] [Normal] [Barrier Broken!] [20 HP Casing] [Lamenting lack of Spooky knowledge]
Jazz.EXE: 160 HP [Normal] [West] [20 HP Casing]

-- Terrain --
80% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Mud
[A patch in the South]
10% Broken
  • Not bottomless.
  • Reverts to Normal after a time, if no one is inside.
  • Doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
  • 1-4 Movements actions to climb back out depending on method.
[Two holes on either side of Anathema]

-- Objects --
TimeBomb: FIZZLED OUT

-- Battle 1: Victory!! --
Rewards
Anathema: 500z, WhiteWeb1Damage: 40 + Snare x 3 targets
Description: Casts three spider webs on the ground as a snare or a net to capture, damage, or otherwise hinder your enemies. Can be destroyed with Slashing or Fire attacks, or other RP solutions. Destroying the webbing instantly ends its effects.
Duration: One turn
Special: Snare: A combination of Hold, Grapple, and Trap effects. However, in exchange for RP versatility, the chip can backfire depending upon RP. Nullify cancels Snare. Snared targets can be set on fire for an extra 1x base fire damage, though the target will be free of Snare the following turn.
, 13 BugFrags, 5 FXP (3 base + 2 cooperation)
Jazz: 500z, CornShot1Damage: 50 + Trick-Shot Spread 1
Accuracy: A / A
Description: Fires a smart-bomb tipped bullet that explodes and fires a second shot that auto-targets the nearest enemy.
Special: Trick Shot Spread: Automatically aims and spreads damage at one enemy nearest the point of impact. Can shoot around corners and bank off walls, floors, etc.
, 13 BugFrags, 5 FXP (3 base + 2 cooperation)
Jazz let out a sigh as the Spooky was pretty much atomized by his attacks, he began to gather up the data mindlessly as his Netop's bank account began to swell ever so slightly from his fight. Doin okay there, Anathema? You handled yourself pretty well out there, wasn't sure if you were that good at fighting. Jazz would comment nonchalantly at his partner, she seemed to take out the lion's share of viruses despite everything, he might have to start pulling out more chips to directly deal with these threats.