A Sworded Affair

Blah, he ate knife. But so did the viruses, so it was cool. Looking at his available weaponry, he cringed as he realized that it was probably all he was getting. "...I'm going to have to live with what I've got, aren't I?"

"Basically. Not like you need anything else."

A second sigh signified that SharpMan had resigned to his fate, and repeated the process he had done before. He pointed his buster at a Genin, with blatant disregard for the hats between him and it, and launched a shot at it. With that, the skittish virus would react, and move in to strike...where he would tear with his burning blades until it was mere scrap data. And because all good things came in threes, he rinsed, lathered, and repeated one more time the combination of scary blaster shot and insta-death blade attack, this time on the kunai wielder he had yet to literally scare to death. It wasn't all that flashy, but capitalizing off of someone else's fear was always fun.

[Order of Turn:
1-Buster shot on GeninB (2)
2-FireKnife chip attack on GeninB (60, Fire, A, Slashing)
3-Buster shot on GeninB (2)
4-FireKnife chip attack on GeninC (60, Fire, A, Slashing)
4a-Swordplay subtype ability (passive dodge)]
SharpMan received a Kunai in his arm (10) before executing the rest of the Genin.

-- ENEMIES --
Zemon A: DELETED
Zemon B: DELETED
Zemon C: DELETED
Genin A: DELETED
Genin B: DELETED
Genin C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Straw Hat Pile 1: 30 HP (left)
Straw Hat Pile 2: 30 HP (right)
Straw Hat Pile 3: 30 HP (far left)

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 120 HP (Grass) (Fireknife 3/6)

-- TERRAIN --
45% Mud (Scattered across field)
20% Soil (What little remains of the road)
35% Grass (Excitingly wide open space)

-- BATTLE 03, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

840z
"Well, that ate some time." Still, SharpMan seemed rather upbeat as he accessed the remnant data...only for steam to figuratively come out of his head. "What?! How dare those things not give me any chips!"

"Hey, we got cash. That's nice."

"Cash schmash! Swords are even better!" And now, the Navi needed to vent once again. Deciding that the best method was to tear up more viruses, he started to rush onward...only to stop and grab a hat from one of the piles, which he sent to the PET.

"...Not that I mind, but any reason for that?"

"Those punks are giving me something besides money, and that's final!" Satisfied at spiting viruses that had no way of knowing his anger at this point, the bladed Navi proceeded further into Yumland Area...

(Searching for Battle #4)
Eventually, SharpMan reached the end of the road, where the grass was now nonexistent. Here, a swampy waste dominated the landscape, with bubbling purple swamp paneling scattered everywhere in pools. That didn't seem to stop a few viruses from showing up, though, with a Dragrin trio floating about the swamplands. There were also some AppleSamu hopping from behind him, though how they approached without him noticing was a mystery.

-- ENEMIES --
Dragrin A: 120 HP
Dragrin B: 120 HP
Dragrin C: 120 HP
AppleSamu A: 70 HP [IronBody]
AppleSamu B: 70 HP [IronBody]
AppleSamu C: 70 HP
AppleSamu D: 70 HP

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 120 HP

-- TERRAIN --
60% Soil (All on Soil unless stated)
40% Poison

-- BATTLE 04, READY? START!! --
It took a while, but he finally found a Wood-element enemy in a part of the Net known for its dense Wood virus population. Sure, he put lumberjacks to shame with his blades, but SharpMan still felt slightly miffed. "So, it takes until now for me to find something Wood based...the Yumland tourism board will hear of this!"

"I take it the WuNote you found don't count?"

"The what? ...Oh, right, them. They don't count, I didn't fight them!" That was enough pre-battle banter. Now for some action. "Let's go, Hector! And you better not say, 'BattleChip, CornShot! Slot in!' or anything of that nature, or I'm NOT going to be happy!"

"Fine. You said it, not me." BattleChip, CornShot! Slot in! "Go ahead and take out the vulnerable Appley viruses."

Once again, a smiling BombCorn face took form over the Navi's hand, which he promptly grimaced at. "You have way too much fun coming up with plans that spite me..."

"I really do."

Ignoring his operator's last remark, the bladed Navi took an extremely unbladed approach, positioning what was technically his 'gun' at one of the exposed fruit-based viruses, and launched a bullet of tasty destruction at it. Upon hitting, it would explode, and send another kernel straight at the other one capable of being hit. Of course, upon missing, he'd look like a moron with corn for a hand. At least corn was Whazzapian native, so either way he was advertising crops from back home. That was worth something.

"All right, enough spite. Let's get back to what you're good at." And that meant something as razored as his Navi himself. "BattleChip, AquaKnife! Slot in!"

SharpMan regained his normal, non-vegetable based hand, as his arm edges glowed blue. However, a thought crossed his mind, and with a smirk, the two large blades on his head joined in the radiance. He dashed at one of the Draggin before him, almost as though he was going to headbutt it...but instead, he did a small hop, and spun rapidly as he attempted to collide into the burning sea horse. Upon landing, he turned to another one, this time electing to spin vertically in place as he charged up some energy, then bolted at the Fire enemy, leaving a small blue trail as he sped at, and possibly through, it.

Mindful that enemies didn't always appreciate being used for swordsmanship practice, SharpMan paused for a moment, ready to avoid whatever came his way. And so he would. But after a moment of possible dodging, he suddenly leapt high in the air, eyes trained on the third and final Draggin. As he approached the apex of his jump, he began to spin once again, this time at an extremely high speed. So high, in fact, that it began to propel him forward, towards the enemy. Once again, a trail of water energy followed the bladed Navi, as he attempted to ram the foe with his spinning.

His operator's response? A simple rolling of the eyes. "Way to be a showoff."

[Order of Turn:
1-CornShot1 chip attack on AppleSamuC (50, Wood, A, Trick Shot Spread) (Spread Target: AppleSamuD)
2-AquaKnife chip attack on DragrinA (60, Aqua, A, Slashing)
3-AquaKnife chip attack on DragrinB (60, Aqua, A, Slashing)
3a-Swordplay subtype ability (passive dodge)
4-AquaKnife chip attack on DragrinC (60, Aqua, A, Slashing)]
Using the most hated CornShot attack on two of the apples, SharpMan quickly eliminated them, and was now equipped with a nice AquaKnife instead. The Dragrin focused their fire on him, but only one shot landed, his torso slightly singed from the attack. (20) Retaliating from the attack, SharpMan deleted two of them with his AquaKnife, while one managed to slip away from his last spin.

Two of the AppleSamu then exited their shells, ready to attack.

-- ENEMIES --
Dragrin A: DELETED
Dragrin B: DELETED
Dragrin C: 120 HP
AppleSamu A: 70 HP
AppleSamu B: 70 HP
AppleSamu C: DELETED
AppleSamu D: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 100 HP

-- TERRAIN --
40% Poison
Well, his spinning needed more work, apparently. Not a whole lot, since two of his targets were shredded, but...well, fire was bad when he was the one getting burned. "Bah! I missed!"

"To be fair, it did swerve. Besides, you'll get your chance...in a moment." But first, a little help. "BattleChip, PanelGrab! Slot in!"

A square lit up beneath the Navi's feet, channeling energy into him, and granting him additional focus, making him even more adept at cutting enemies up. "Heh heh heh...hope you viruses haven't had a nice, long life...it'll mean you won't miss anything as it flashes before you as I cut you down!"

"Or, to completely ruin the drama, shoot them in the face with corn. BattleChip, CornShot! Slot in!"

Once again, a BombCorn took shape over SharpMan's right hand. Was he pleased? Not a chance. Was he going to use it anyway? ...Yeah. "You're making it really hard for me to be a menacing deathbringer, you know!"

"So you're an unmenacing deathbringer right now. So what? No one else is nearby, so besides you and me, the only ones seeing it are about to go the way of the dodo."

"Meh, whatever..." Once again, he simply pointed the mouth of his weapon at one of the Appley before him and activated its trigger mechanism, causing it to shoot explosive maize at it. And upon hitting, it'd send a second explosion towards the other of its kind, providing a blend of apple and corn...which sounded nasty to the Navi. Who ever heard of apples in salsa? Or any combination of the two foods, for that matter. Tomatoes and corn, sure. Shoot, even pineapples and corn weren't unheard of? But apples and corn? No. Just...no.

The lack of orders from his operator during his short internal monologue made it clear to SharpMan that he was on his own for now...which was fine, since he had all the weaponry he needed to seek vengeance on the sea horse responsible for his previous scorching. Well, thinking back, it probably didn't even attack him, but, details. Both of his hands disappeared, with short, blue swords emerging to take their place. Crossing his arms, he rushed the fiery virus, performing a powerful slash with each blade as he raced into range. A blue X shape remained where he had cut, which, with any luck, signified that the last virus was now in four pieces and disintegrating into reward data. But just in case, he was ready to do some evading of desperation attacks...

[Order of Turn:
1-PanelGrab chip on SharpMan (Accuracy UP)
2-CornShot1 chip attack on AppleSamuB (50, Wood, A+, Trick Shot Spread) (Spread Target: AppleSamuA)
3-AquaKnife chip attack on DragrinC (60, Aqua, A+, Slashing)
4-AquaKnife chip attack on DragrinC (60, Aqua, A+, Slashing)
4a-Swordplay subtype ability (passive dodge)]
The totally nonthreatening deathbringer fired off his totally comical corn at the two giant apples, effectively breaking through their once-hardened exterior and deleting them. The lone Dragrin didn't stand much of a chance, but it was able to land its fire breath onto its target before being sliced up...

-- ENEMIES --
Dragrin A: DELETED
Dragrin B: DELETED
Dragrin C: DELETED
AppleSamu A: DELETED
AppleSamu B: DELETED
AppleSamu C: DELETED
AppleSamu D: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 80 HP

-- TERRAIN --
40% Poison

-BATTLE WON!-
950z + [RedFruit] BattlechipRedFruit1
HP: 1
Properties: Light
Accuracy: S
Description: Places a large red apple at a random spot on the field. The first person to attack the apple (Enemy or ally) will recover 80 HP.
Duration: Once
Element: Null
He got burned again? Ugh. Still rusty, apparently. SharpMan shook his head as he approached the remnant data, and transferred it over. "Here's the goods. I caught some Appley data in there, so...I guess we got RedFruit, meh..."

...Yep. "...Yep. We sure did. So, we have a decent amount of cash, and you've taken some damage, so I think we're best off taking a break."

"Right...say, when are you headed to your place? You never did give me the grand tour!"

"Later."

"I'm serious! I'm trying to imagine you sitting on a cushion, drinking tea Electopian style!"

"I was serious, too. Later." Punctuating his remark with a button press, a red beam shot from Hector's PET to his jack in port of choice...

"So long as you show it to me later!" And with that, poof! The Navi was gone.

(JACKING OUT)
In a metallic gray beam of light, SharpMan appeared in the tropicalest of all the areas of the Internet. He looked around for a moment, then scowled. "...I forgot how much I hate this place. I can handle it being hot just fine, but the humidity...at least Whazzap's a dry heat!"

"To be fair, you're completely covered aside from your face. I hear you, though...Yumland does a number to me as well."

"Well, it's not THAT terrible a place. There's lots of trees and stuff to practice my cutting on. Plus, it has both Ninjoy and Zomon in it! ...Exactly why they like it here more than in Electopia is beyond me, but eh, whatever!" ...Actually, why WOULD ninja and samurai viruses prefer Yumland to Electopia? Great, now that was stuck in his head, when he could be using his brain to do nothing while he sliced things apart. With an aggrivated sigh aimed squarely at himself, the bladed Navi got to doing what Navis did best: locate things that were prone to attack them, and could be destroyed for fun and rewards.

(Searching for Battle #1)
Walking into the forest of Yumland Net, SharpMan was suddenly surrounded by bushes! Where did all these bushes come from? The area was so thick with bushes that SharpMan almost stumbled into the bear trap at his feet. Great... he was now surrounded by sharp metal traps and sharp spiny bushes rustling all around him.

However, a glowing green crystal was stuck in one of those bushes.

-- ENEMIES --
WuNoteA: 130HP [In BushA2]
WuNoteB: 130HP [In BushB3]
WuNoteC: 130HP [In BushC2]

-- OBJECTS --
BushA1: 1HP
BushA2: 1HP [WuNoteA]
BushA3: 1HP
BushB1: 1HP [GMD]
BushB2: 1HP
BushB3: 1HP [WuNoteB]
BushC1: 1HP
BushC2: 1HP [WuNoteC]
BushC3: 1HP

GMD: 15HP [In BushB1]

-- TERRAIN --
70% Grass
30% Snare [Scattered]

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 150HP

-BATTLE 1: START!!-
Ah, the good ol' fashioned weed whacking treatment. Simple enough. The steel jaws weren't exactly pleasant looking, but he just had to stay alert to avoid them. "All right, you need to just stay out of-" SharpMan began to bark orders to his SP, but as he turned back to glance at it, it became clear that, for some reason, it wasn't there. "Wha...?! Hector, what's the big idea?! If that Spikey's not out here, it can't absorb the BugFrag remains!"

"Well, you see...we both overlooked something. We knew you were up. We knew I was up. But..." The Whazzapian man looked over at the edge of his PET screen, where he could see the edge of a yawning purple Spikey. "...We never noticed that it was up."

"...Figures. I actually go out and get a SP, and then this happens. See, this is why I never had one before. They're nothing but trouble!" Granted, unlike most SPs he'd seen before, he actually liked his...but the point hadn't changed. "Well, whatever. It can come in once I'm done trimming these hedges. Lemme just prepare my blades, and-"

"Honestly, SharpMan. It's one thing to just want to tear apart viruses, but there's no excuse for being an idiot about it. Have you forgotten how much WuNote love to attack from whatever angle they can? Your blade technique doesn't cover you from every direction. This does, even though it's not that strong." ...Actually, he didn't even recall why he bought that particular chip. But he did, and it was potentially useful here, so why not? "BattleChip, Barrier! Slot in!"

A blue sphere surrounded the Navi, who just grimaced at it as he retracted his arm blades back into their standard position. "...A barrier. A Navi like myself, surrounded by a plain old barrier. That's...a little insulting."

"I figured that after the whole CustomSword mission ordeal, you wouldn't want something plant based attacking you from behind for a long time. Am I wrong?"

"...Fine, you've got a point...now, are we going to actually get around to attacking or not?"

"Yes, yes, I'm on it. The veins in your forehead can quit popping now." Two more chips out of the folder...and one in. The other went right back in the folder...on second thought, it'd be better to wait a bit before using that one. "BattleChip, FireKnife! Slot in!"

The incoming data brightened SharpMan's spirits, as his arm blades became cloaked in fire. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't just run up and cut a tree in half, as he wanted to so very badly...the various snares made sure that wasn't very bright. Instead, he looked around, picked a WuNote that seemed relatively easy to get to, and began to head for it, making sure that any and all bear traps would remain for actual bears...or anything else that wasn't him. Fortunately, they stood out pretty clearly against the grass, so unless he was a complete moron about it, his ankles were safe. Upon reaching the long nosed virus, he raised his right arm high, and extended the bottom blade, so that it resembled a sickle...but instead of reaping, he simply lowered it, and delivered a stabbing attack instead. As much as he wanted to slash with reckless abandon, pretty much everything around him was a bit on the flammable side. At the very least, he had to make sure that any wildfires didn't start right next to him, or else he'd be ExtracrispyMan.

Noting that his operator hadn't made any new orders, or even made a casual remark, the bladed Navi decided to keep moving, heading over to another bush that encased something that could inflict pain on him. This time, he was paying much more attention to the WuNote than before, though at the expense of possibly keeping slightly less of an eye on the traps below him...

[Order of Turn:

SharpMan:
1-Barrier chip on SharpMan (S, 10 HP Barrier)
2-Carefully make way to Bush A2, being mindful of Snare terrain (movement)
3-FireKnife chip attack on WuNoteA (60, Fire, A, Slashing)
4-Head over towards WuNoteC, being mindful of both attacks and Snare terrain (feint)

Spikey:
1-Remain conspicuously absent]
The amount of sharp bushes made seeing or dodging an effort in futility. However, SharpMan could take solace in the fact that he didn't step on any bear traps while navigating the battlefield. Unfortunately, his FireKnife strike only deleted a bush as the WuNote teleported to another bush. All three stabbed at SharpMan with long, sharp noses, piercing his barrier, then himself. Leaving him a little holier than before.

-- ENEMIES --
WuNoteA: 130HP [In BushB3]
WuNoteB: 130HP [In BushC1]
WuNoteC: 130HP [In BushB2]

-- OBJECTS --
BushA2: Deleted
BushA3: 1HP
BushB2: 1HP [WuNoteC]
BushB3: 1HP [WuNoteA]
BushC1: 1HP [WuNoteB]
BushC2: 1HP
BushC3: 1HP

-- TERRAIN --
70% Grass
30% Snare [Scattered]

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 110HP [Barrier destroyed!]
Strangely enough, SharpMan didn't fly into a rage, despite everything turning out to be a disaster. Instead, he just clutched his hands into fists, and grinded his teeth as he stared at the bush viruses. "...Hector."

"Yes?"

"Here's the plan. First, I chop these things down until they're mulch. Then, I'm going to do the exact same thing to everything that isn't a green crystal in this entire area!"

"Even the traps?"

"Iron's a nutrient, isn't it?"

"...I honestly have no idea." Okay, enough having fun with the Navi. If he waited any longer, steam was going to come out through his ears, and probably pressurized enough to go straight through the helmet's ear coverings. And he wasn't paying for that repair. "We can talk semantics later. For now, let's concentrate on the enemies before us." Luckily, there was a chip to help with that. "BattleChip, PanelGrab! BattleChip, WideBlade! Double slot in!"

The spot where the bladed Navi stood began to glow, imbuing him with the underrated ability to sense his foes better. Sure, he could see them just fine, but now he could seem with his mind's eye...or something like that. Now enhanced with this new ability, he made a short dash over to where the WuNote...stood, or whatever it was bush tree things did, his arm blades now coated in a shining, golden aura. Without any fanfare, he slashed at the three Wood-attuned foes with his right side blade, followed immediately by an identical cut with the left side blade. Normally, he didn't mind adding a little flourish to toy with the enemy a bit, but now he was annoyed, and all he cared about now was their imminent demise. And that meant taking the no-frills approach.

Sitting back in his chair, it occurred to Hector that there was always the off chance that a WuNote might be able to get out of there in time to avoid a grisly fate. Well, that needed to be changed. "Stay put. I'll handle the coup de grace." And thanks to a random moment of chip trader fun, he had the perfect attack for such a situation. "BattleChip, AquaNeedle! Slot in!"

High above the battlefield, three large spikes formed, and began a speedy descent. Their targets were clear, as each one had a different virus to drop on. Ideally, it wasn't even needed, but even in a worst case scenario, every little bit counted.

[Order of Turn:

SharpMan:
1-PanelGrab chip on SharpMan (S, Accuracy Enhancement)
2-WideBlade chip attack on WuNoteA, WuNoteB, and WuNoteC (110, A+, Slashing, Wide Attack)
3-WideBlade chip attack on WuNoteA, WuNoteB, and WuNoteC (110, A+, Slashing, Wide Attack)
4-AquaNeedle1 chip attack on WuNoteA, WuNoteB, and WuNoteC (20, Aqua, A, Drop Attack)

Spikey:
1-Remain conspicuously absent]
The WuNotes teleported away before the Widesword managed to strike them... Except the first strike actually did hit a single WuNote and destroyed all the bushes around it before it could teleport. They replaced their bushes before being struck by AquaNeedles, deleting one and leaving the other two exposed.

And SharpMan didn't step on a Snare.

-- ENEMIES --
WuNoteA: 115HP [Exposed!]
WuNoteB: 115HP [Exposed!]
WuNoteC: Deleted

-- OBJECTS --
BushA3: Deleted [WuNoteA]
BushB2: Deleted
BushB3: Deleted
BushC1: Deleted
BushC2: 1HP
BushC3: Deleted [WuNoteB]
BushD1: 1HP
BushD2: 1HP
BushD3: 1HP

-- TERRAIN --
70% Grass
30% Snare [Scattered]

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 110HP
By now, SharpMan was really starting to see red, as he still had multiple viruses to deal with. If it wasn't for the metal jaws of pain surrounding him, he'd be halfway to bum rushing over to one of them and give it a harsh lesson in agony. But, for that reason, and ONLY that reason, he managed to will himself into staying put. "...This is getting ridiculous! How do these stupid things keep moving before I can slice them?!"

"Don't worry about it. It's only a matter of time until-" ...Hmm? That was weird. Hector could hear something from a nearby open window. It sounded like...crying? Strange. And worth investigating. "...SharpMan, here's something to incinerate one of those things. There's something I need to check real quick."

"What?! What's so important that-" The bladed Navi was interrupted by a metallic, almost furnace like gun forming over his hand. He decided to shrug off his operator's sudden absence, and decided to focus on turning the bush virus to ash, even if it was via a method he didn't exactly love. Placing his free hand over his arm (but not on the gun itself; he'd probably burn himself if he tried that), he trained his weapon over towards one of the WuNote, tried to make absolutely sure that the attack's explosion wouldn't blast that mystery data into pieces, and launched a small fireball towards the plant virus. Although, he was hardly a sniper Navi, so there was always the chance he'd mess up in some way...stupid snares. If it wasn't for them, this battle would probably be over...but nope, instead, he had to wait until his operator got back, which had better be very, very soon...

[Order of Turn:
1-HeatShot chip attack on WuNoteB (40, Fire, A, Spread 1) (Spread Target: Anything besides Bush B1 area)
---TURN SPLICE---

Spikey:
1-Still conspicuously absent]
More bushes were burned away by fire. One of the WuNotes was deleted as it tried to retreat, summoning some more bushes... but something strange happened. The other bushes clumped together to form super bushes. So now there were less bushes, but those that were left were bigger and thornier.

-- ENEMIES --
WuNoteA: 120HP [BushA1]
WuNoteB: Deleted

-- OBJECTS --
BushA1: 20HP [WuNoteA]
BushA2: 20HP
BushB1: 20HP [GMD]
BushB2: 20HP

GMD: 15HP [BushB1]

-- TERRAIN --
70% Grass
30% Snare [Scattered]

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 110HP [3 Actions Left!]
Though the sight of the WuNote burning into nothingness entertained SharpMan for a bit, eventually the lack of his operator began to irk him. While he COULD do something, without chips, he couldn't do anything about all those bushes, which was a little embarassing considering he was covered in razor sharp metal blades. Even having his SP around would speed it u-

...Seriously? He forgot THAT? The bladed Navi sighed, completely disappointed in himself for not remembering such a basic thing. Granted, he'd never had a SP before, but...ugh. He raised his hand, and proceeded to snap his fingers, creating a trail of light next to him. A purple Spikey formed, sleeping like a rock. He looked down at his SP, with a mildly amused look on his face, as he lightly tapped the toe of his boot against it. Good thing that wasn't the end with the blade. "Wake up, sleeping beauty! You've got work to do!" The purple dog's eyes opened, and with a big yawn stood up, before looking around and wondering why it suddenly wasn't in the PET...

"Sorry about that. Everything's taken care of. ...So, you brought the Spikey into the battle?"

"Yep, in a moment of profound genius, it occurred to me that, hey, I can just summon it right now! And I did. Couldn't hurt, right?"

"Right. Now, I have an idea on how to get rid of the bushes, and it'll help. But, it also involves a ch-"

"No."

"You're not even giving me a chance to-"

"No. You want Spikey to get rid of that one bush over there, while I get rid of the other two, and since the virus probably won't move to an already occupied bush, it'll be a sitting duck for us, and that gives me a chance to move over and strike."

"And the prob-"

"But, with all the snares around, it's too hazardous to move, so unless necessary, I'm not moving in with my swords. And we don't have a whole lot else that can hit both of those bushes in one fell swoop...except that stupid CornShot!"

"Well then, following your logic, there's not much else we can do, now is there?"

"..." The Navi immediately flinched, realizing that he talked himself into a corner by explaining everything. "...Fine, but the next chance you get, you're getting rid of that chip!"

"Hey, I'd like for you to have all the chips you want, too, but we can't always get what we want..." And, hated chip in. "BattleChip, CornShot! Slot in!"

A rounded BombCorn formed on SharpMan's hand, which he wasn't very happy to see. With his free hand, he pointed over at one of the bushes, snapping his fingers to make sure his SP noticed. "Hey! Attack that bush! Don't worry that there's nothing in it, just get rid of it!" The Spikey appeared mildly surprised that it got to actually do something other than avoid attacks, but managed to quickly snap out of it, and opened its mouth in the direction of the bush. A medium sized fireball that strongly resembled a HeatShot emerged from its depths, ready to burn up whatever virus created plant life that got in its way. Unfortunately, as a small blow to its Spikey pride, if it hit, it wouldn't create an explosion that kept on going. But, maybe one day...

At around the same time, the Navi pointed his own weapon towards a bush, and like his SP, aimed at an empty bush. However, the possibly edible blast that was released from it was capable of automatically sending out a second blast towards an adversary, and since there was only one WuNote left...then again, his luck hadn't exactly been perfect, so all he could do was watch and see if things unfolded as perfectly as they did in his mind...

[Order of Turn:

---TURN SPLICE---
2-Summon Spikey (bring SP into battle)
3-CornShot1 chip attack on Bush A2 (50, Wood, A, Trick-Shot Spread 1) (Spread Target: WuNoteA)
---TURN SPLICE 2---

Spikey:
1-Here and Attacking Bush B2 (10, Fire)]
The young Spikey SP tried to breath fire on one of the spikey bushes. Unfortunately the sleepy pups' aim was off and the bush was unharmed.

SharpMan's CornShot1 however, deleted the bush it was thrown at. But unfortunately the WuNote managed to teleport away just as the heat-seeking bullet erupted out of the corny explosion and passed right through where the WuNote was.

The WuNote appeared in the bush with the GMD and made its attack. But it was distracted from dodging so much that its pointy nose aimed too far to one side.

-- ENEMIES --
WuNoteA: 125HP [BushB1]
WuNoteB: Deleted

-- OBJECTS --
BushA1: 20HP
BushB1: 20HP [GMD] [WuNoteA]
BushB2: 20HP

GMD: 15HP [BushB1]

-- TERRAIN --
70% Grass
30% Snare [Scattered]

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 110HP [1 Action Left!]
Spikey.SP: 40HP
By now, the tempest that was SharpMan's temper was gone. Oh, he was definitely still angry about everything, but now he had a certain calmness he rarely had. "...Hector."

"...You're thinking about withdrawing, aren't you?"

"Yeah. It just ain't fun."

"You have my blessing. There were just too many things working against you this time."

"Grr...I can't believe I've sunk this low, to be running away from some stupid virus!...But you're right, this isn't the kind of fight I'm good at. Nothing left to do...but live to fight another day! C'mon, Spikey! We're getting out of here, and you're up first!" With a snap of his fingers, the Navi dismissed his SP, returning it to the safety of the PET. The smaller the numbers, the more likely any attempts to cut and run were to succeed. And 1 was smaller than 2.

With that, SharpMan took a deep breath, preparing himself for his next move...and bolted in a bushless direction, doing his best to avoid stepping on those snares as he did what he hated to do more than anything...

[Order of Turn:

---TURN SPLICE 2---
4-Dismiss Spikey

NEXT TURN:
ALL-Flee]