Soundman Volume 0

Regalia skidded to a stop just past the Megalians and looked down at the Airsword still in his grip. Broken. With a sigh, Regalia casually tossed the remains aside, and retrieved his cane from nowhere. He had been wounded right at the start there. The FighterPlanes... he'd have to deal with those soon.

Megalians first, though. What to use on them, though?

"Hmm, I guess that'd work, wouldn't it? How about the Burner, Regalia?" Thomas asked, thoughts seemingly in sync with Regalia's. Regalia nodded, and a second later he had the chip readied. Sometimes he loved that boy.

He took a step forward, and instantly a few subroutines reported the same damage he had ignored earlier. Hm. Irritating. Regalia shimmied his hand's grip on his cane down a few inches, then tapped his chest with the gem. As if awoken from a long slumber, Regalia's breastplate blinked into existence amidst a starburst of white feathers and sparkles and other visual nonsense that smacked entirely of Thomas messing with him again, and he quirked an eyebrow before proceeding.

The filigree on Regalia's armor came alight as he zipped forward again, this time stopping at the center of the Megalians, and his cape let off a warning crackle as Regalia launched a blast of lightning at the aura-clad Megalian before him. His fingertips sparked as he pulled them back from the attack, and then, with no great fanfare, burst into a flame.

The conflagration grew quickly; rising first to consume Regalia's entire arm, and then his breastplate, and then all of the rest of him; that wasn't where they would stay, however. All the flames covering Regalia's body leapt off of him at once, as if startled, and then surged forward into the gem of the cane that he held. With a small flourish, just enough to gain momentum, Regalia smashed the gem-studded head of the cane on the ground, sundering it, and scattering a field of emerald shards around him.

A second later, those shards exploded in flame, razing the ground, the air, hopefully the Megalians, and yet at the epicenter of it all, Regalia stood unharmed. He did so love the Burner chip. Stepping forward again, Regalia launched upward, over the burning flames, over the middle lanes of the highway, and straight toward the FighterPlanes that had shot him before. It was time for some payback, he wagered, and he was eager to deliver. Regalia landed near the FighterPlanes and, having dropped it before, re-summoned his cane with a flick of his wrist. Afterward he stood for just a moment and waited, waited for Thomas to send him a chip worthy of ending this--

"Uh, Regalia? I'm pretty sure you just used our last "big" chip." Thomas sent over the comms, nervous.

--mockery of battle tactics. Regalia restrained a sigh just short enough of execution that his lips were already open, and decided not to speak, either. Instead he just sat there and waited for Thomas to decide, making his lack of help self-evident.

"...Uh, okay then." Thomas hmm'd and hawed for a moment, fussing over and casually flipping aside several chips as he noticed Regalia grimacing at each one, until he eventually settled on a Lilbomb, which he slotted in and sent.

Regalia frowned at it as it materialized in his hand, looking for all the world like he was trying to glare it into dealing more damage, then hurled it at the FighterPlanes.

X: Move to center of Megalians
X: CAPE: Zap Megalian C for 20 Elec
1: Burner (130 Nova2 Fire @ Megalians; B acc.)
2: Breastplate (20 HP object + Light + Passive: Heal 20) (Equipped)
X: Masterwork: +33 Max/current HP to Breastplate
3: Wait for Thomas to get his shit together (Dodge)
X: Sigh
4: Lilbomb (50 + Blast 2) @ FighterPlane B (Attempt to hit more than one if possible) (C Acc.)
Something about edit buttons. Deletions, too. Getting shot and healed for a bonus. (+20) (5)

-- ENEMIES --
Bandcoon: DELETED
FighterPlane A: 90 HP
FighterPlane B: 90 HP
FighterPlane C: 140 HP
Megalian-W A: DELETED
Megalian-W B: DELETED
Megalian-W C: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
Regalia.EXE: 165 HP (Breastplate 38)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Highway

Note: Highway terrain allows for 1 free forward movement for all mobile entities on or above it. Functionally equal to Normal terrain.
At that, Regalia turned the Breastplate's healing energies in on itself, forcing the shiny metal to repair and seal its' cracks and damages. Afterward he tapped his cane on the ground, and lightning burst forth from his shoulders again in a wide cape. He then tilted a lopsided eye skyward, looking at Thomas, and waited.

"Okay then, uh, how about these!" Thomas yelled, slapping in a few chips. Regalia looked over the selection that he suddenly had available, and nodded,, taking a step forward.

Regalia flipped his cane around in his grip, grabbing it by the bottom rather than the top, and then leapt at one of the FighterPlanes, brandishing it. He flicked a wrist to his left mid-jump, firing a small burst of lightning off at one of the other planes, and then swung his cane directly at the plane in front of him, the gem crackling with deadly thunder. The shining emerald lost its' charge as it completed its' swing, and so Regalia tossed that cane, instead flick-summoning another. A further twist of his wrist sent the long trunk of the cane flattening into a wide, pointed fin.

Regalia landed from his jump, feet touching upon the ground below him, then leapt up again, aided by a pair of small thrusters on the back of his breastplate and swinging the cane-sword in a wide arc, trying to clip the wings of all three planes at once. His arm brought the sword around for a second swing, this one obviously more labored as he cut the air again, reaching the height of his jump, and-- dropped the Widesword, his right arm stubbornly locking up and refusing to heft its' weight.

Regalia half-groaned, half-shouted in frustration, flicking the wrist of his left arm instead, and summoning a giant drill-cane. As he began to fall from the height of his jump, Regalia quickly looked around for any FighterPlanes he had missed, then stabbed forward with the length of the Drill, trying his level best to take out whatever remained after the onslaught.

Then, finally, he fell to the ground again.

X: Breastplate (Heal 20 @ self)
X: Subtype bonus: Breastplate: Free-action movement to help Regalia reach FighterPlanes
X: Cape (20 elec @ FighterPlane B)
1: Thunder2 @ FighterPlane C (95 (80+15 bonus) Elec + Stun 1 + Homing, C acc.)
2: Widesword (80 @ FighterPlane group, B accuracy)
3: Widesword (80 @ FighterPlane group, B accuracy)
4: DrillArm1 (60 + Knockback + Break + Long Attack @ FighterPlane A/B; Fighterplane C if they are dead. B acc.)
((This post brought to you by the edit button grand misadventures of Fera))

A few crackles of lightning and swords and drills later, Regalia fell to the ground as he turned away from the ultra-cool explosion that ensued from the crashing planes. Because real dudes do that. Also he found the zenny packet the Bandcoon dropped on deletion.

-- ENEMIES --
Bandcoon: DELETED
FighterPlane A: DELETED
FighterPlane B: DELETED
FighterPlane C: DELETED
Megalian-W A: DELETED
Megalian-W B: DELETED
Megalian-W C: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
Regalia.EXE: 180 HP (Breastplate 38)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Highway

Note: Highway terrain allows for 1 free forward movement for all mobile entities on or above it. Functionally equal to Normal terrain.

-- BATTLE 04, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

250z + 900z
"Yes!" Thomas cheered, pumping a fist. "We got our money back!"

Regalia nodded in response. "That will teach those rapscallions to steal from a knight, yes."[color=5A6351][/color] He sighed. "Have we picked up any work, Thomas? Or shall I continue forward?"[color=5A6351][/color]

"Nothing yet. Might as well go ahead on." Thomas shrugged.

And so Regalia did just that.

[[Battle 5: CHALLENGED!]]
I said... [[BATTLE 5: CHALLENGED!]]

((Bump))
Regalia wanders around for a while, but, amazingly, no viruses, no weird creepy stuff, no engaging occurrences or strange encounters happen.

"Did we actually clear out the whole network?" Thomas wondered, idly. "I mean normally something would've jumped us by now, right?"

"Tis indeed unsettling."[color=5A6351][/color] Regalia nodded.

"Oh, right, I got us some work, by the way. Still waiting on the mission admin to give us the info we'll need to start, so go ahead and see if you can find viruses that need blasting." Regalia could almost hear Thomas waving him forward in a 'go on, go on' gesture; the lad hadn't provided a video reference.

Regalia quirked an eyebrow, looking around at the quiet space near him, then trodded onward.

[[BATTLE 5: STILL CHALLENGED]]
((Bump #3.))
((Bump number FOUR.))
After all the exploring and waiting, the network had already shifted into its "night-time" as the sky turned dark and star-like lights lit the sky. Things were peaceful for Regalia, no enemies in sight, the quiet atmosphere, everything seemed just fine for the knight as he was finally able to lower his guard...

"MAYDAYMAYDAYMAYDAY!"

A distant voice was heard from above as the navi took a look up at the star-lit sky, only to find SOMETHING flying towards his way. It was too fast for Regalia to react, but fortunately, the object flew above him and crash landed a safe distance behind. Surprisingly, the object was intact and it resembled something of a space shuttle, but it was hard to make out with all the scratches and dings it received from the landing. "Mission Control!...I may have derived too far from the test zone! I repeat, I deriv...Yes sir...Right away sir!" The shuttle hatch burst open as a navi inside kicked it out of the way, quickly stepping out of the vehicle to survey the area. He seemed unnaturally skinny and tall, barely fitting into his black and blue spacesuit, but tried to add a "bit of cool" into his overall look by wearing an aviator shade...Sunglass at night time, how much of a tool can this navi be?

"...Mission Control! Test Pilot #016, TestMan have found an unauthorized navi within the vicinity! I repeat, Test Pilot #016 TestMa-...It's okay, just let him go? No, it's not okay, sir!" TestMan proudly stood among the wreck that he have created, raising his arm in salute to whatever he was trying salute. "Mission Control! This is a top secret, and I would proudly die to protect it with all co...You say its fine and just return to NAX...No, that won't do, sir. I will take this matter into my own hand!!" With a quick glare towards Regalia, TestMan scurried back into the shuttle and shut the hatch tight.

"3..."

A robotic voice echoed through the once-peaceful Dentech scene as the shuttle began to shake and rumble.

"2..."

All of a sudden, the shuttle miraculously rose up from the ground, positioning it self as if it was ready to take off into space once more. Thankfully, Regalia was able to dodge the bullet this time around, only getting off with some stern look from a strange astronaut navi.

"1...Blast-off."

...In a blink of an eye (literally), the shuttle had transformed into a giant bi-pedal robot, complete with a pair of guns at hand. At the chest of the robot, Regalia could see TestMan piloting the robot through what was before the front window of the shuttle. "Resistance is futile! Marvel at the power of NAX...Don't tell them that, sir? If you insist..."

NA*AMECHA: 493 HP
TestMan: 200 HP

Terrain: 70% Normal, 30% Cracked (Surrounding NA*AMECHA)

Regalia.EXE: 180 HP

-BOSS BATTLE, START!-
"Ohhhh, so this is one of NAXA's prototype rocket programs!" Thomas cheered loudly, his window popping up next to the shuttle-bot and moving around frantically as he looked at it from every angle. "Ohhhh. Oooh! Aaah!" He grinned as his window flew about, glancing at every single inch of the mecha, and then popped up right in front of its' driver.

"So how long have you been working for NAXA? Is it fun? Do you get to pilot their test craft often?" He asked, window leaning forward toward TestMan, "I've always wondered what it's like to work for NAXA! They're so secretive with most of their projects, especially the aeronautics ones, so it's hard to get info! So what is it like? Do you enjoy it?"

Regalia, meanwhile, sat back and merely grimaced, leaning on his cane as his armored form seemed torn between crying, laughing, and just remaining silent.

--[No Actions Spent... yet.]--
Thomas: Fanboy out
"Mission control! A human personnel has seen the secret! I repeat, a human...'Just get away already', you say? Nonsense, I will see this through!" Batting Thomas' holo-screen away with the his robotic-extension of a hand, TestMan seemed serious about keeping his not-so-secret secret...secret.

Without warning, TestMan had pointed his dual guns at Regalia and began to charge it up. "Cease and desist...I guess! You have seen too much and you need to be taken out in the name of NA...My company!"

NA*AMECHA: 493 HP
TestMan: 200 HP

Terrain: 70% Normal, 30% Cracked (Surrounding NA*AMECHA)

Regalia.EXE: 180 HP
"Ge-" was all Thomas could get out before his window-- and his view-- were sent spiraling away. "Regalia! I don't care if it is a NAXA mech, it's time to prove we're better! Hit 'em with everything you've got!"

Regalia's reply was a grin. "That is the best tactical decision you have made all day, Thomas."[color=5A6351][/color] He raised his head from its' grimace to roar at the mech before him. "Come at me if you think you can stop me, you disobedient knave! I'll show you how a true knight, how a true soldier..."[color=5A6351][/color] With that, Regalia disappeared. His next words came from everywhere at once.

"...how a true king acts!"[color=5A6351][/color]

With a blast of air and the clinking of metal, Regalia appeared directly behind the mecha, then jammed his cane forward, aiming for a joint in its' plating. With transforming mecha, there were always many; there had to be for it to work. They were usually armored lightly. These things, Regalia knew. He also knew that they tended to either be objects, or at the very least be vulnerable...

The cane began to spin in place, whirling faster and faster

...To piercing!

As if on cue, Regalia's cane burst forward, erupting into a fountain of shrieking metal and grinding gears and machinery, the DrillArm chip taking full effect and boring straight forward. Regalia wasn't prepared to let up, however, and an extra flick of his hand sent a small bolt of lightning hurtling forward-- which he followed up with a second, crackling twin from the cape affixed to his shoulders!

As if he wasn't yet satisfied, as if he wasn't yet certain he had done enough, Regalia flicked his hand up a fourth time, this time producing his cane. A twist ratcheted something inside the long, wooden shaft, and the end opened up into a wide slit; Regalia reeled the gem back, away from the body of the cane, revealing a large, coiled spring-- and then let it go. The gem, casing and all, slammed into the body of the cane with a shattering KRAK, and a giant hockey puck went launching outward from the slot at the end. Regalia jumped, intent on not getting hit by the puck should it rebound, and then braced himself for whatever onslaught his angered opponent might try to unleash upon him.

1: Areagrab to behind Naxamech [Teleport + Accuracy UP for turn]
2: Drillarm1 @ Naxamech + TestMan [60 + Break + Knockback + Long Attack, A acc]
3: Thunder2 @ Naxamech [80+15 Elec + Stun + Homing, B acc]
X: Cape @ Naxamech [20 Elec]
4: AirHockey1 @ Naxamech [50 + Break + Ground Attack + Rebound (3); A acc for initial hit, D acc for rebounds]
Bump. :[
"W-What?! Mission Control, the target has disappeared! I repeat, the target has di-WOAH!"

Regalia took the initiative by teleporting behind the gigantic robot and shoving its drill-cane with careful precision. Unfortunately, as soon as his attack made its work, the crumbling floor beneath him broke down and dropped the navi down into a small pit [-5]. "Mission Control, I have regained visual on the target! Initiating offensive protocol!" TestMan controlled the robot so it faced the hole Regalia was currently "residing" and aimed the two charged guns down the hole.

With the pull of the giant triggers, the gun was fired down upon the knight...With only one of them successfully hitting [-40]. With no sign of mercy, TestMan continued his attack by launching a salvo of micro missiles down into the hole...With only 2 of many making its mark. [-10]

"M-Mission Control, I have a report! Re-calibration of the targeting system is needed. I repeat, Re-cali-...You say that it's my piloting skills? N-n-nonsense!"

It was Regalia's turn for his retaliation as he fired an arc of lightning at the robot as it zapped few parts of its circuitry, dealing serious damage despite his situation! The Airhockey, however, was unused for Regalia's own safety...

NA*AMECHA: 258 HP
TestMan: 140 HP

Terrain: 70% Normal, 25% Cracked, 5% Broken (Surrounding NA*AMECHA)

Regalia.EXE: 125 HP [Inside Broken] [Airhockey1 unused!]
((You forgot the stun))
Regalia grunted, flecks of data bleeding out from the holes his foe had cut in him, and squirming around a little in the hole. "A little movement would be nice, Thomas."[color=5A6351][/color]

"Ah, but we used the Areagrab already, remember?"

"Try the DashAttack."[color=5A6351][/color] Regalia said over the private line, looking upward at the mecha before him. His breastplate blinked briefly, flashing in and out of existence for a split second as the GMO was replaced by the real thing. Regalia then paused.

"There you go, Regalia!" Thomas said, slotting the DashAttack in--

Regalia thrust his arm aloft, pointing it at the NAXAMech, and watching as his cane formed at his fingertips. With a grand old twist of his arm, the cane's body grew a set of four sleek-looking little thrusters, all of which activated and sent Regalia hurtling straight toward the NAXAMech at bodycheck velocity. Regalia closed his eyes and braced himself, intending to let his breastplate take the majority of the impact, and then waited.

Thump went his chest against something with the typical force of a DashAttack, and Regalia was active again. He let go of his cane, allowing the motion to carry it onward without him, and twisted, tryng to face the backside of the NAXAMech once again. The fingers of his gauntlet cracked and shuddered as the material bent and twisted, coming forward into wicked points, and Regalia reeled his arm back--

1: BREASTPLATE [20 HP Light Object Equip]
X: MASTERWORK: +33 HP/MHP to Breastplate
Breastplate Passive: Heal Regalia for 20
2: Jet Upper DashAttack UPWARD @ NAXAMech [90 + Impact + Lineattack(5) + Movement, C Acc]; Attempt to land on its' back/head
3: Rageclaw @ NAXAMech [Try to impale and hang onto its' backside, out of reach of its' weapons] [20 + Impacting, B Acc]
--Turn Splice--
2-day bump.
"Mission Control! Continuing the assault against the target! I repeat, continuing the ass-...What do you mean I should leave? After I've done so far in the name of NA-...Y-Yes sir, I'll keep my mouth shut."

TestMan felt rather cocky from the advantage he had over Regalia, failing to pay attention to the knight inside the pit as he began his rapid ascent with his rocket-powered cane. "I understand, Mission Con-EMERGENCY EVASION!" As numerous rocket boosters suddenly appeared out of the robot's front body, it was able to push off the giant robot in the last second to dodge the powerful attack, but it wasn't far enough to ward Regalia off as he successfully landed on top of it.

The knight dug its claws on top of the robot to get a grasp, but to his surprise, TestMan has come out of his cockpit and climbed up to the top. "I can't allow you to deal anymore damage to the precious equipment! Take this!" The navi quickly pulled out a futuristic pistol and fired two quick shots, both landing on Regalia. The breastplate broke as it withstood the attacks, but the shots had a powerful force behind it and knocked the knight nearly to the edge of the robot!

NA*AMECHA: 238 HP [Stun'd-no-more]
TestMan: 140 HP [Out of mecha!]

Regalia.EXE: 145 HP [1 Action left] [On top of NA*AMECHA]
Breastplate: DESTROYED!
((Where was the mech's stun in that post...?))

Although down just a little and irritated by the fact that TestMan had apparently just blown through his 53-HP breastplate, Regalia was determined to show him just how a real Knight dealt with things.

In this case, that meant hitting them very hard.

Regalia quickly stood up, brandishing his cane like a far deadlier implement, rage tinting his features and his fingertips. All at once he rushed forward, cane dragging behind him, and activated the last chip Thomas had sent. In an instant his cane swirled and thrashed about with light and energy, wind pouring off of it and pushing Regalia forward, toward TestMan.

As Regalia finally came into range of the pesky incompetent, he swung the sword. One quick, simple slash. But what it carried was far more complex; the wind whipped and whirled around the strike, and a gust pushed forward, strongly, against his target-- and everything else in front of him-- trying to blow the former off of the mech. Further, a thunderclap rang out as Regalia finished the swing, a bolt of lightning arced away from him towards TestMan, promising a rather electric encounter.

4: AirSword @ TestMan [100 + Slashing + Impact + Wide Attack + Gust; B Acc,]
X: CAPE: 20 Elec @ TestMan
X: Attempt to push TestMan off the mech with AirSword Gust
((I got special with this. Deal with it.))

"Mission Control, I have things under control. I repeat, I have things under control!!"

TestMan, once again, felt cockier than before when he holstered the pistol and began to approach Regalia. However, he failed to notice the ENTIRE process the knight was preparing with his sword as the wind slash passed right through the navi, sending him flying away from on top of the mech.

"Aiyyyyyy!"

The poor navi was badly wounded and lost all the momentum he had so far in the battle, lifelessly thudding on the ground as he watched Regalia standing on top of his robot. "M-Mission Control...I lost control over the mission. I repeat, I lost...You want me to just leave it? N-nonsense, I promised I would rather die than show the secret!" The navi pulled out a switch and nervously placed his thumb over the red button, making sure that Regalia could get a better look into it.

"You! I-I won't hesitate to selfdestruct the robot along with you if you don't cease and desist! I repeat! I won't hesitate!"

As favorable as the situation has been for Regalia...Things didn't start to look too good.

NA*AMECHA: 238 HP
TestMan: 20 HP [Normal]

Regalia.EXE: 145 HP [On top of NA*AMECHA]