Feline Fallout

As Riki prepared to launch the wooden bullet, the Boomers rose slightly, allowing them to protect the Snoozy from distanced harm. And one did just that, as the CornShot bounced harmlessly off of it...and right on the head of the blob that was still awake. Not happy about that, the virus launched a boomerang with after-images at the descending Raki, but it barely missed her as she fell. Unfortunately, she missed the stationary target she aimed at, and thus the landing hurt a bit (10). At least the RageClaw did its job, though at the expense of the sleeping viruses waking up. Also, the data down there seemed to have no effect on anything, aside from feeling refreshing. Weird.

Meanwhile, Nyan elected to become a rotten egg, content to launch attacks at the Boomer...but they harmlessly bounced off them, save for, ya know, the ones that didn't have boomerangs in their mouths for whatever reason. Angry at the deletion of its comrades, the remaining clothespin shot its blade back at the icy cat Navi, and was rewarded for its patience with a clear shot at her (5x3 hits).

The Snoozy viruses thought about trying to attack their assailants, but were too lazy, so they fell asleep once again...one of them, anyway. The other one panicked, no longer having a Boomer to hide behind, so it did the next best thing: hide behind its fellow Snoozy.

-Broken-

SnoozyA: DELETED
SnoozyB: 60 HP (behind BoomerB) (Sleep)
SnoozyC: 40 HP (behind behind SnoozyB)
FishyA: DELETED
FishyB: DELETED
BoomerA: DELETED
BoomerB: 20 HP
BoomerC: DELETED

Terrain:
20% Glass
80% Broken

-Glass-

Raki.EXE/Riki.EXE: 140 HP
Nyan.EXE: 105 HP
Up top, Riki looked down the sight of her cannon, trying to figure out whether she could support her sister or not. A beep came from her visor, alerting her to some event. "Hm, defenses back up..." she muttered, reactivating them to assist with her sister's silliness. "Oh, Mark, do we have any other chips that I can use...?" she inquired, as she saw the energy field around her boot up.

"Ah, hold on, there's one more," Markus said. He looked through his paltry selection, and picked out the Cannon. "Here's the last of them," he said, slotting it in. With all of them left, the operator shuffled through them, and looked at the Spreader1. As nice as it was, it wasn't really his. ... Yeah, I should probably return this, he thought.

Just the thought of calling Mira back just to return something to her worried him, though. What if she got irritated? What if that was like rejecting a gift? Wait, what if it was a gift? Was she trying to butter him up or something? Playing him for some kind of sucker? Argh, what am I even thinking about?! It's just returning a stupid chip! he berated himself. Looking down his empty cup, he remembered he was out of liquid courage, and mustered up some plain old regular courage. Turning to the girl, he held out the Spreader battlechip. "Uh, Mira, did you, uh, want this back?"

Meanwhile, Raki was having a bit of trouble. "Ooooh, crap. I think I scrapped my landing a bit back there," said Raki, cracking her neck a little as she surveyed the damage. Seems she didn't do very much at all, except maybe knock a few heads around. Nyan seemed to get most of the kills. A good look around showed that there were still three remaining viruses. One even found the time to take a nap. "Whatever, let's see if I can't pull off a few more moves!" she exclaimed, lunging at the Boomer and sweeping under it to bypass its boomerang guard.

Riki loaded her cannon, pulling it back to click it into the firing chamber. Not a moment later, an energy burst flew out of the barrel. Not much was special about this one, compared to the others. There was no destructive spreading or whatever, just a plain old vanilla blast. So boring.

-- Raki.EXE -- Riki.EXE --
[1] Synchro Defense @ Raki [20 HP Casing + 1-Hit Shield] + Riki [20 HP Barrier]
[2] Raki: SWEEPING STRIKE RageClaw1 @ BoomerB + SnoozyB [Null 20 + Impact] [4/6] {B}
[3] Riki: Cannon @ SnoozyC [Null 40 + Knockback] {A}
[Uh oh...] Mira muttered as she noticed the virus count still remained above zero. She looked to her chip stock, only to realise it was completely dissipated. There was nothing left except for the claws Nyan had, and those would only last for a short while still.

[Nyan, you need to get in there and finish them off. We don't have anything else to fight with. I'm sure you can do it though, ri~~ght?]

Nyan's ears lowered as she looked into the crater of the battlefield, seeing the three remaining enemies. She didn't exactly want to leap in head first but it seemed the only option. With a brief hesitation she nodded in accordance with the idea. A soldier always completes their duty. We will win this fight! Her voice was filled with confidence as she plotted her attack. Seeing her other attacks bounce off the front of the boomer, she had to make sure she hit it this time. Nyan quickly positioned herself so that she was behind her enemies in regards to the hole. Her claws twitched, and her tail shook back and forth before leaping into the destroyed floor.

Taking a lesson from Raki, only hopefully more skillful, she dropped down on the snoozy at the back of the group. She could only hope her dive bomb would work but seeing as the enemy was asleep she wasn't expecting much resistance from her drop down strike. She braced for Impact, though nyan hoped its jelly body would break her fall. It wasn't the most comforting thought, but if it worked she wouldn't complain.

Upon her landing, Nyan didn't want to give the boomer time to react and turn around to block yet another strike. Her bladed hand remained on the snoozy she just assaulted, as her fingers tried to capture the virus within her grasp for good this time. Once it was, she would throw as hard as she could into the boomer, planting her feet and using her whole weight to launch the sleepy virus at its partner. Nyan had no clue if this would work but it was her only shot to end this battle.

summary:

1) Movement - get behind enemies

2) divebomb Rageclaw - 40 + Slashing , 1 use left - Accuracy: A @ Snoozy B

3) Rageclaw - 20 impact x 2 targets, 0 uses left - accuracy B @ Snoozy B, Boomer B
The felines finally triumphed over their adversaries...Leaving their spoils well below into the destroyed, glass filled hole. Fortunately, the green data crystal was much more buoyant than anyone could have imagined as it began to float onto ground level~

-Broken-

SnoozyA: DELETED
SnoozyB: DELETED
SnoozyC: DELETED
FishyA: DELETED
FishyB: DELETED
BoomerA: DELETED
BoomerB: DELETED
BoomerC: DELETED

Terrain:
20% Glass
80% Broken

-Glass-

Raki.EXE/Riki.EXE: 140 HP
Nyan.EXE: 105 HP

-BATTLE WON!-

Raki/Riki: 600z + [Boomerang] Battlechip
Nyan: 500z + [DashAttack] Battlechip
Static: +2 FXP / +1 FXP (Chip Share)
As the battle finally ended, the feline navi looked up towards the surface as her claws flicked out. Nyan leapt up against the hole's wall, digging her claws into it for leverage as she jumped off it to get herself out of the collapsed floor. With a slight sigh, she proceeded to hide her natural weapons and began to relax. Let's not do that again any time soon. She muttered, unsatisfied with how the battle had turned out. It was certainly close despite the three navi participating.

As Nyan took care of gathering the data, Mira was busy turning her attention back to markus now that the battle had finished. She had been so focused that she almost hadn't realized the young man was trying to return the chip she lent him for the fight.

[Oh! Yeah, Nyan wouldn't be too pleased if i gave that up, heehee~] Her hand reaching out to nab the chip as she spoke, her fingers gently grasping it from Markus's clutches. [but now that i think about it...] A bit of an idea sparked in her mind, as she quickly turned to her PET. She quickly shuffled through the stored chip data, and began typing up something as a blistering speed with her right hand. Pocketing the spreader, she pulled out a different chip in its place and placed it into the PET with a grin.

[THERE! Hey Markus~ Check the trade BBS, Kay? Got a surprise for you, Heehee~]

As Nyan finished uploading the spoils of war, she opened a channel to Mira causing the Operators current en-devour to be overshadowed by a large visual screen on the PET. Mira, i would suggest that, if you're still intent on continuing this idea of yours that we should make a change of scenery. Nyan was right to the point, addressing the clear disadvantage they would have if they had to fight any more battles like this without being prepared. Don't you have any other ideas that would be more... accommodating?

Mira pondered for a moment, placing a finger to her lips as she stared back at her Navi. Off hand she couldn't think of a suitable place to further the bond of friendship she forcibly created with Markus and the twins.

[Umm... Markus! What do you think? Should we move to a different area?]
"Geh, that was boring," commented Raki, as she meandered around, picking up a stray Boomerang head dropped by the Boomers. Admiring its cleanness and general shininess, she swung it about playfully. "Hahaha, this thing is fun. I'm keeping it," she said. Pulling up a bunch of rope from somewhere, she tied it around the boomerang, and threw it up. "Heads up, Riki!" she shouted.

Back up on the surface, Riki stepped back as she heard her sister yell out, barely managing to evade the boomerang. "Sis, be careful with that! You nearly hit me...!" complained Riki, as Raki climbed up the rope like a monkey. "Hahaha, you're just too cute when you're scared, Riki," teased Raki, as she dislodged the boomerang, and sent it up to the PET. "Scottie, we got battlechip data. Print it out," she ordered.

"Er, right," the operator replied, just as Mira snatched away the Spreader from his hand. As he checked the Boomerang out, Mira mentioned something about a BBS. "Um, okay, but what's this about..." he started, tapping through the bulletin board interface, and finding a big "ATTN: Markus and the twins" thread. Twitching in embarrassment, he entered it, and found that Mira had given him a chip out of nowhere.

Looking worriedly at Mira, Markus braced the (self-inflicted) humiliation and typed in what he had to. Several seconds later, a blank chip made its way through, and was imprinted with the depiction of a Bunny. After that, the topic of a change of pace was brought up, making him feel like he was being led around or something. "Uhhh, I-I have no idea. ... Raki, Riki, anything?" he said, diverting the attention to his Navis.

"Hm? Change of scenery?" repeated Raki, scratching her cheek. Riki looked around idly, following the datastream that was underneath the glass floor they just broke with her eyes. Spotting something, she chimed in. "Um, there's a transfer node to the Yoka network over there, could we use that? Dentech is a higher tier network, compared to Yoka," said Riki, being careful not to raise her voice too much.

"Oooh, Yoka, that sounds just peachy. I love a good shocking with those Aqua-based viruses," said Raki. "How about it, Nyan? We'll take a detour to Yoka, and stomp the viruses' faces in there," she explained their plan to Nyan.
Nyan paced back and forth as she listened to everyone else speak. Her ears suddenly perked up however as she heard her name leave the lips of one of the twins. Hm? Well... The navi didn't really have any experience or information in her memory banks on Yoka, so there wasn't much to compare with her experience here in Dentech. The feline did know however that staying here would just be nothing but trouble. Nyan nodded in agreement as she looked towards the fellow cats.

That should be adequate. Perhaps it would be a good place to fill out our arsenal a bit. I can't see any reason not to agree to that. Her response was strictly professional, as expected of her ex-military background. Dispite that Nyan's tail was hinting that perhaps there was something a little more exciting to her on a more personal level about the idea, as it waved back and forth joyfully.

[Well then what are we waiting for? let's go!] Mira was quick to chime in, as her navi agreed to the idea. With decisions out of the way Nyan had no reason to stick around in Dentech any longer. The navi made haste to the transfer node Riki had mentioned.

Let's get out of here, shall we? Nyan remarked to her companions, before disappearing into a flash of light as she stepped onto the platform.

((to be continued in Yoka))