The Great Viral Purge - Sector A.

SINNBAD smirked and looked over his shoulder as Lucia followed with a dainty gallop.

"You are strong Lady Lucia. You fight as well as a knight."

He commented as Vincent exchanged words with Destin.

"It is. I hope to make this sector mine soon enough. Though it would seem I will have to win the GNA to my side before making the move to secure this territory. Since they legally own it, for the moment."
The navi danced faintly as she hopped closer and give him a smile, giving a slow spin in front and around SINNBAD.

"Do you really think so? That's so sweet of you to say!"

"So what is it you plan to do with your own section of the net, beyond a simple homepage like most everyone else has? If you don't mind my asking."
The knight's face flushed a little.

"It... What I speak is true nonetheless."

He stammered as he increased his pace, trying to hide his face from her. To compose himself.

"A homepage is too small, too limited for my plans. One cannot host a city filled with navi' through a simple homepage."

Destin continued. Aware of the criticisms he had already come across in regards to his plans.

"No. A simple homepage does not require the vastness of a Netscape. This area, or an area similar in scope, would be better off being used to create a castle town... A bastion for those who wish to live a life without fear of deletion, fear of exploitation.

As you no doubt are aware, there are battles brewing between the NetMafia and the NetPolice. One of the major questions of this war is what will happen to the unoperated, the abandoned. It is a contention that both sides prey upon. I will not allow innocents to be used as pawns on some game board. I will remove their kindling and watch their fires starve."
"Your not to bad yourself there mister knight man. I bet you could hack and cut apart any virus with that big sword of yours!" Fiery navi stepped up her skipping, not wanting to fall behind her partner, and finally got herself in pace up beside him. Glancing about curiously only to look at SINN again. "Don't you get hot in all that armor? Mine comes off, but I don't really like wearing it, its heavy."

Giving slight glance to make sure viruses weren't showing up suddenly, Vincent turned his focus back upon the vid screen.

"So your plan is to make a smaller castle city for them? Quite the task you've set out, even with the sector is cleared of viruses, it might be a stretch to say they would be safe without fear of exploitation or deletion."

"I'm sure both the NetMafia and NetPolice are already keeping a close eye on how or little parties do at liberating these sectors. But, you've an ally in Lucia and myself, I'm more than willing to help any way I can. One never knows what sort of attention this new city will draw to it."
Destin smiled.

"I appreciate the support. I will need quite a bit in order to fulfill this wish of mine."

SINN's face reddened more at Lucia's 'it comes off' line. He stopped and cleared his throat. Trying to keep his back straight and his face and voice noble.

"The burden of my armor is mine to bear alone. If I cannot endure this small burden myself, then how am I to endure the burden of knighthood?"

He stated more than looked for the answer in his partner.
Vincent gave light nod as a slight smirk crossed his lips. "Indeed." simply stated before turning his focus back upon the navis.

Lucia tilted her head upwards to peek at the taller navi, closing single eye to pass him a wink above faint grin, "Guess it takes a real man to be a knight then." With it came soft giggle before she'd give slight spin around to twirl hair and flames about her, hopping forward a few steps to balance upon toes, hand coming up to cover brow while she searched about the area.
[+4 FXP for between-battle talking]

Moving on into the Netopia network, Lucia and SINNBAD found themselves some more viruses to spar with. A couple of Fishy at the front of a four-strong Moloko herd protected a couple of Dharma in the back. Scattered about the relatively featureless landscape were shining Holy panels and sickly Poison panels.

[All on Normal unless stated]
FishyA: 90HP
FishyB: 90HP
MolokoA: 60HP [10HP Fleece]
MolokoB: 60HP [10HP Fleece]
MolokoC: 60HP [10HP Fleece]
MolokoD: 60HP [10HP Fleece]
DharmaA: 90HP
DharmaB: 90HP

Terrain: 80% Normal, 10% Holy, 10% Poison

SINNBAD.EXE: 150HP
Lucia.EXE: 100HP

-BATTLE START!!-
x2 x4 x2

SINNBAD was perhaps to speak when he spotted a glint in the distance. A heard of viruses were fast approaching their position. He strode past Lucia, posing himself between the two sides. The wind lapped at his cloak as he glided across the ground. His left hand rose to cover himself. The silver threads returned. Dripping out of the ether like rain, they wove together a lustrous aegis. A strong defensive barrier against the horrors of the Net.

He bastion himself and Lucia behind the shield, guarding her from harm. He raised his right hand like it was a weapon. He clenched his hand into a mighty fist and the whole thing flared white. The gauntlet's own sterling resplendence heightening the flash and sheen. The radiance was bright and scattered the shadows both sides cast upon the battlefield, making them dance and cower before its splendor. SINN's voice boomed like thunder over the dire coruscation.

"Be gone scourge! Plague this land no longer."

He command as he thrust his gauntlet into the ground with a sickening crunch. The edict cast by the knight's voice was only heard, not seen, during its initial proclamation. It was only a moment later that his bark was given teeth as a surge of pressure cracked the earth and split the ground. The turf broke and twisted beneath his forceful mitt, scattering dust and debris, tarnishing his gleaming mail. The fissure streaked away from the navi, snaking this way and that, like a bolt of lightning. As it reached the virii lines, it divided into two colossal ruptures. The duo slashes tore great rends through the soil as they stretched across the theater of war, smashing through the virus horde, spreading the carnage against as many viruses as they could strike. Potentially snagging them in sharp earthen clutches or scattering them to the winds.

As the first imaginably fatal attack struck out against the virii threat, possibly sending them into confusion for a moment, SINN pulled the V-Eliminator cannon from his backpack. He activated the GNA creation with a jab of a button. The green, sickly illumination irradiated the viruses. Scanning them and depositing its deathly, emerald glow around those that had their death warrant signed. The last to be eliminated in battle.

As the halo descended upon the viruses, a golden field projected itself around the front arc of SINNBAD. He put up a double guard upon himself, acting as a shield wall for Lucia to strike from.

Summary
*Knight's Escutcheon [Signature]: One instance of 1-Hit Shield to SINNBAD.
1: ShockWave [Battlechip] 40 Null Damage + Piercing + Ground Attack + Line Attack against virus horde.
2: ShockWave [Battlechip] 40 Null Damage + Piercing + Ground Attack + Line Attack against virus horde.
-Since I can't see the physical lineup of the viruses: Each ShockWave is aimed at the largest concentrations of virii, trying to avoid stacking up on each other to cover as many as possible. If more than 5+ viruses are near enough to each other to be struck, the ShockWaves are aimed at that grouping alone.
3: Scan viruses for SPAWN.
4: Guard1 [Battlechip]: (1-Hit Shield) + (Reflect up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack).

Other Effects:
1: FloatShoes [NaviCust]: Ignores effects from panels except broken/missing.
2: V-Eliminator Purge Shells [Special]: 10/12
Lucia gave a start in surprise at how quickly the knight went from slightly embarrassed to full on heroic mode once more now that their next victims have shown themselves. Still quite giggle passed from her, only to change to quiet gasp in awe at how devastating his strikes were.

"Seems your quite the charmer dear, let's use the cover. Take a look and strike the outermost one, let's keep them boxed together." Two chips followed suit after orders were given, snapping into PET.

"Right away master!" chimed navi as she slipped behind the unstoppable defense that was the knight. Giving a quick hop to take a look around the battlefield between them, navi gaze soft nod as the first chip came bursting to life within right hand. There was no need to look as the size and weight gave it away, quickly tossing the dark orb over the guardian. It'd crash to the earth with heavy thud before seeming to rupture and spark to life in brilliant shine. The ball began it's slow crawl across the disrupted panels, rolling forward to claim the first bird that dared charge her mighty protector.

Second chip gave her slight pause as the heavier deep cactus green sphere rested in hands. The answer dawned upon her after quick glance forward, giving the heavy ball a toss upwards into the air. Second jump was made just after, arching her back and form in the air as right arm reached back to prepare for coming strike. Quick glance caught the intended target and she'd strike the weapon of choice hard. "Service!" came the battle cry as Cactball was sent sailing past SINN to strike the ground, forward spin kicking up dust as it bowled towards the outermost air hockey player.

Summary:
1. Strategic Movement [Get behind SINN and take quick hop to get view of battlefield layout]
2. Thunder1 [Battlechip] 40 Elec Damage + Stun1 + Homing @ Straight ahead of SINN[hopefully striking first virus to charge]
3. Cactball1 [Battlechip] 20x2-4 Null Damage +Ground Attack @ Dharma B

SINNBAD started off the battle very well with a double-shockwave entrance, hitting a sizable amount of the virus horde- two Fishy, a couple of Moloko, and a Dharma. This was because of the Shockwaves' relatively low speed and the ability of the viruses to scatter. Then, the green light descended upon the battlefield, marking a Moloko and a Dharma. Then, the Fishys and two Molokos all dashed in a great dash cum stampede of epic proportions. One of the Fishy hit Lucia's prepared zapper, the other hit SINN's Guard. One of the Moloko missed the two because of its stampeding, the other hit SINN dead-on. (20)

Meanwhile, two Cactballs rolled on unimpeded towards the Dharma, who were slacking on their attacking.

FishyA: 30HP
FishyB: 10HP (Stun!)
MolokoA: 60HP [Fleece down]
S-MolokoB: 60HP [10HP Fleece]
MolokoC: 60HP [10HP Fleece]
MolokoD: 60HP [Fleece down]
DharmaA: 50HP
S-DharmaB: 50HP

SINNBAD.EXE: 130HP [Escutcheon/Guard1 Spent]
SINNBAD staggered under the thunderous impact generated by livestock tackling him. He buffeted back with a newly-reformed shield, pushing the creature off him. He stood up and growled. Steam began to come off him. The edges of his armor glowing a deep crimson. As if his very self was burning from within. The blaze of battle beginning to kindle in his heart. Forcing pain and fatigue away.

Two Molokos', their fleece tattered around them, and a wounded Fishy were all now in melee with the knightly navi. His right hand pulled itself from the fractured ground and reached to the sheath on his back. Pulling his great broadsword from the gray backsheath, he set it ablaze with light, his inner light. The gleaming sword struck out with murderous intent, slashing through the air with grim purpose. Intent on cutting the three viruses apart with powerful blows. Cleaving through to the core if struck hard.

And if that wasn't enough. He pulled back after the third swing. His chest puffed up as he drew in breath. Within an eye-blink he had exhaled. A roaring inferno poured from his mouth like water, torching all those it blew over with burning hot embers. Setting fire to the ground and air, seeing it melt and waver. The poor sheep viruses were its main target, their wool would be easy to burn.

Summary
*Champion's Conviction [Signature]: One instance of Heal 15 to SINNBAD.
1: Sword [Battlechip]: 80 Null Damage + Slashing to FishyA. [5/6 uses remaining.]
2: Sword [Battlechip]: 80 Null Damage + Slashing to MolokoA. [4/6 uses remaining.]
3: Sword [Battlechip]: 80 Null Damage + Slashing to MolokoD. [3/6 uses remaining.]
4: HeatShot [Battlechip]: 40 Fire Damage + Spread1 to MolokoA and D.

Other Effects:
3: Sword [Battlechip]: 3 uses remaining.
Vincent gave a smirk as the two viruses were marked as their targets, faint nod following. " We have our targets, Lucia take out the bird and get yourself behind the pucks to tear through them."

Lucia snapped out of her slight awed trance from watching the knight work, giving quick nod before huffing out as she knelt down low. A quick breeze started to pick up, enough so to waver hair around before she took great leap skyward over the warrior. Slow curl was made as she sailed forward across the battlefield, over the melee drawn virii and swordsmen. Reaching back to grip an arrow tightly as her arc started to reach apex and she started down towards her landing zone.

In a fury her fiery bow burst from left wrist as arrow notched into place, drawing it back and letting out slow breath. Sending her burning spirit into the arrow before letting it fly shortly after making her landing at the edge of battle. Her target should be easy, the sparking Fishy frozen in place was quite easy to set sights on and send an arrow blazing through the air towards it.

Her task was not finished as the faint signal of chip data being sent in was heard, turning upon heel as she puts the previous target from her mind and snaps out right arm as she turns upon her new target. Twin blades slashing out above wrist as she closed the short gap and gave fierce thrust into one of the puck wielding enemies, should her sudden strike succeed she'd give slight shift in stance and heave hard to hurl the enemy towards the third sheep in the fray, hoping the impact would rid it of it's annoying coat.

Summary:
1. Tactical Movement + Airstep to leap across battlefield towards Dharma A
2. Sol's Needle [Signature] 40 Fire Damage @ Fishy B
2. Rageclaw1 [Battlechip] 20 Null Damage + Impact @ Dharma A [Thrown at Moloko C] [5/6 Uses remaining]

Status
Sol's Needle: 1TCD
Rageclaw1: 5 uses remaining
((Fera relinquished moderation of this mission to me))

After healing himself (+15), SINNBAD drew his broadsword and did an excellent job of hacking apart the Fishy and first Moloko (80, 80). The second Moloko scampered away before the blade landed on its exposed body. A Heatshot scorched the virus's behind as it tried to escape, not dealing enough damage to delete it (40).

Lucia's leap launched her through the air and gave her a clear shot to the stunned Fishy, additionally allowing her to escape from one of the charging Molokos. Her blazing arrow deleted her target (40) and set her up to execute her Rageclaw flawlessly. The Dharma was swatted towards a wooly Moloko and literally smacked the pink off of it (20, 20).

One of the Dharmas was too disoriented to attack but the Spawn virus launched a puck that... Did nothing. One of the Molokos rammed past Lucia (20) while another one crashed into SINNBAD's shield. It protected him well but was rendered unusable like the one before it.

FishyA: DELETED [s]
FishyB: DELETED [L]
MolokoA: DELETED
S-MolokoB: 60HP [10HP Fleece]
MolokoC: 60HP [Fleece down]
MolokoD: 20HP [Fleece down]
DharmaA: 30HP

SINNBAD.EXE: 145HP
Lucia.EXE: 80HP
[Was SINN damaged in the last moderation? If not, shouldn't he be at 145?]

SINNBAD pressed onward, unheeded by injury. His shield reformed, taking on the brilliant silvery sheen that covered the rest of his body. He breathed fire, and struck out with his sword again and again as he chased the two naked Molokos'. Intent on making mutton out of them. Trying to grill and flay their viral flesh. Breaking his sword on the last attempted murdering of the creatures.

Summary
1: HeatShot [Battlechip]: 40 Fire Damage + Spread1 to MolokoC and D
2: Sword [Battlechip]: 80 Null Damage + Slashing to MolokoC. [2/6 uses remaining.]
3: Sword [Battlechip]: 80 Null Damage + Slashing to MolokoD. [1/6 uses remaining.]
4: Sword [Battlechip]: 80 Null Damage + Slashing to MolokoC. [0/6 uses remaining.]

Other Effects:
Lucia gave soft grunt when the pink fluff ball rammed into her, hissing faintly until seeing the knight take charge at the other two. Still with rageclaw on hand she made her charge for her victims, twin claws trying to make quick work of the weakened and dazed puck launcher.

Then attention turned to the last of the sheep viruses, giving singsong pause before she rushed it and tried to sheer that wooly coat from it to get its defenses down so SINN could take the spawn viruses out easily. "Go for it big guy! Last two are all yours!!" Soft voice spoke out in volume as she quickly hopped out of the line of fire, staying on toes to avoid charge or puck should they come her way.

Summary:
1. Rageclaw1 [Battlechip] 40 Null Damage + Slashing @ Dharma A [4/6 uses remaining]
2. Rageclaw1 [Battlechip] 40 Null Damage + Slashing @ S-Moloko B's fleece [3/6 uses remaining]
3. Dodge [via auto dodge]

Sol's Needle: Ready
Rageclaw1: 3/6 uses remaining
SINNBAD's Heatshot scorched one of the Molokos (40), but it powered through and crashed into his shield as he delivered a finishing blow with his sword (80). His second swing missed the other Moloko as it ran past him and made its way to Lucia. The gallant knight gave chase and managed to strike down the virus before it could reach his partner, sacrificing his blade in the process (80). However, that reckless charge of his put him in prime position to be struck by the Dharma (15) before Lucia could return the favour with her Rageclaw (40). The last Moloko charged Lucia as she prepared to shear it with her talons. It was quite literally a close shave, but the navi managed to strip the virus of its protective coat while still managing to evade its ramming attack. The other Dharma attacked but its poorly aimed puck didn't do anything substantial to anything.

MolokoA: DELETED
S-MolokoB: 60HP
MolokoC: DELETED
MolokoD: DELETED
DharmaA: DELETED

SINNBAD.EXE: 130HP
SINNBAD was struck in the leg by a hard, black puck. It tarnished and bent the armor plating of his greave, causing a spasm of pain to wrack the warrior's body. The knight bit back a string of curses as he fell to one knee, holding his tongue in the presence of a lady.

Then he heard that same lady's enthusiastic voice. And he noticed the truth of her words. There was only the virus spawn left. Their current trials would be over soon. That thought rejuvenated his spirit... and his body. The steel of his armor miraculously began to unbend itself. The dents and chinks in SINN's armor that had formed from the impacts of many things running into him over the course of the battle began to look as though they didn't exist in the first place. His armor was almost at its original shiny state moments later.

His sword had shattered. The shards of his mighty broadsword lay scattered about him. But he had no time to mourn the loss of a good blade, a trusted companion. No, he would not dwell on such matters. There were viruses to delete, his duty was not yet done.

He pulled the firearm from the holster at his side, connected by a tube to the contraption on his back, and aimed it at the remaining viruses. A snap of recoil, and a crackle of sickly-green sparks that shot out of the barrel like fireworks, SINN shot at the pink terror. The intent was on putting down the sheep virus for the last time. To rid the Net of another bleating cotton-candy colored monstrosity.

He swiveled while kneeling, bringing his weapon to bare on the last virus, a misshapen Zamboni. He fired. The cannon thundered as it hurtled another poisonous, anti-viral shell at the viral threat. If either struck their targets, they would be disintegrated and liquefied. A death that would not allow for recompile.

Summary
*Champion's Conviction [Signature]: One instance of Heal 15 to SINNBAD.
1: Purge Shell [Special]: ? to S-MolokoB.
2: Purge Shell [Special]: ? to S-DharmaB.
3: ???
4: Profit.

Other Effects:
2: V-Eliminator Purge Shells [Special]: 8/12.
Lucia's close call seemed to cause her tongue to slip unlike her trusted knight companion, letting out an annoyed "Damned sheep!" Though realizing the battle was drawing to a close she let it go with a soft huff and instead took to rushing out of the fray so SINNBAD could strike the remaining threats down without worry for her safety.

As she moved her frame started to glow, soft smooth skin with the faintest hint of tan darkened and reddened. Before flames burst about her from head to toe. The little navi gave faint gasp before soft "Oh.." was murmured as those flames that now enveloped her completely in their warmth started to restore her strength. Bruises and welts seemed to melt away with the fire as it quickly died down as if caught by a soft flowing breeze. Leaving her looking quite refreshed and untarnished once more.

Giving quick spin about to send hair flowing and give it a flick after, she hopped on toes and waved to her partner. "Strike true good knight!"

Summary:
1. Tactical Movement [Get away from virii]
2. Fire's Embrace [Signature] 30HP healing @ self
3. Fluff Movement [Cause every Knight deserves a cheering squad]

Lucia.EXE: 80HP [+30HP heal]
Fire's Embrace: 1TCD
Rageclaw1: 3/6 uses remaining
Both navis recovered (+30, +15) before SINNBAD fired at the two viruses with his anti-viral weapon. The Moloko practically ran directly into the purge shell while the Dharma was slow enough to be picked off easily.

MolokoA: DELETED [s]
S-MolokoB: DELETED [s]
MolokoC: DELETED [s]
MolokoD: DELETED [s]
DharmaA: DELETED [L]
S-DharmaB: DELETED

SINNBAD.EXE: 145 HP
Lucia.EXE: 100 HP

[Battle 2 - Victory!]

SINNBAD get: 900z + 3 FXP
Lucia get: 450 + 3 FXP
SINNBAD holstered the V-Eliminator rifle, the job done, for now. He then walked across the battlefield, scouring it of the rewards of conquest. The knight brought Lucia's share to her, depositing the zenny directly into her hands. A pouch on SINN's belt held and transferred his reward to Destin's PET as the navi filled it. Finally the warrior came upon the shards of his broken broadsword.

The navi knelt down and began to try to reassemble the blade on the ground, like a jigsaw puzzle. Some pieces were just too fractured, leaving gaping holes in the finished work. SINN placed his hands on the ground after his work was done and bowed his head, soundless. He seemed to pray or meditate, waiting patiently for something to happen, as if the sword would suddenly mend itself. Destin looked on the scene as something to write down in his notebook.