Venus de Mano

A green beam with a red one circling around it indicated VenusMan's arrival into the network. He was simply beamed down and his body was formed the moment the beam hit the ground. "And stop calling me Venus..." VenusMan commented to his Operator. Not wanting to stand around and do nothing, he simply started to walk around curiously. "You're just gonna look around those kits, Satou?"

"Mhmm," Satou replied, focusing on exactly what VenusMan had asked about.

"Just, you know, be there to get me chips," VenusMan commented as he explored the surroundings. There wasn't anything he was looking for. Mostly just something to beat up. "Come to think of it," he muttered and glanced over his shoulder to look at the new weaponry he received from Satou, "First time to check these out."

"It'll be alright," Satou commented, having heard VenusMan, "You didn't think I'd put something on you that wouldn't work, right? They're filled with JUSTICE!"

Glancing at the pods attached to his back followed by looking up at Satou, he didn't say much but just accepted the boy's claim.

Battle 1, please.
Exploring the network where he was jacked into, VenusMan accepted his operator's work, and moved onwards, following a small roadway that went through the area. Eventually, he came across a small intersection, which was labeled [Left: NetBattle Arena / Right: ElecArea1]. There were some Bunny viruses lounging around the area as well, which turned hostile as they saw VenusMan approaching!

-- ENEMIES --
Bunny A: 50 HP (Solar)
Bunny B: 50 HP (Solar)
Bunny C: 50 HP (Solar)

-- NAVIGATOR --
VenusMan.EXE: 100 HP (Solar)

-- TERRAIN --
30% Solar (Road)
50% Metal (Sidewalk)
20% Normal

-- BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
"Hrm?" VenusMan hummed as he looked over at the Bunny viruses. But rather than focusing on them, he paid attention to the signs behind them first. "Arena?" he thought, obviously interested in that direction.

"Oh, bunnies," Satou commented once he had pulled his focus away from the model kits he was surrounded with. Satou was no stranger to Netbattling, although he never had a customized Navi to call his own, and only ran tests versus computer-controlled opponents. Luckily viruses were exactly this. "OK, this chip I traded should work well against them, Venus!" he exclaimed and pushed the Wood Tower chip into the PET's slot.

"Venus venus venus... Fine," VenusMan muttered and glanced over his shoulder. He was programmed to use them and fight with them, but this was the first time so he wasn't too sure what kind of reaction he had to make. "Wait," VenusMan uttered as he turned to Satou, "You traded a chip? Without asking me? Kid, what did we say about this?"

"Hrm?" Satou hummed as he held the second battlechip between his fingers, "Nothing at all, right?" He was honestly not too sure what VenusMan was asking about. "Alexis gave me the chips!" he explained, smiling wide, and slotted in another chip, "Besides, it was way better than what we had."

It was true that the Operator called the shots, but in a way VenusMan expected another person who knew nothing of Netbattles. Loading the data, he glanced over his shoulder again and awaited the execution. However, something was off in his opinion. "Why is my code telling me nothing?" he asked himself as he turned to look at the viruses, "I loaded my attacks. Why is nothing urging me to head towards them? Or even wave my arms?" Shortly after his question one of the pods from his back was levitated to the right of his head, a vine keeping it attached to the central unit. "Uhm..." VenusMan uttered as he saw the pod, "What are you doing here?" At that point the pod took flight, spreading open halfway to reveal a large wooden stake. The wood looked gnarled and old, but still sturdy and strong. The stake was driven into the ground, the pod spreading even further for maximum penetration, and a stream of wooden stakes started moving towards the group of viruses. "Hahahaha," laughed VenusMan as he crossed his arms, "So that's it." He nudged his head over to another pod, causing it to move like the first, and also opened its petals. The first pod returned to its central unit, while the second pod revealed a large waterlily as it used its petals to add more color. "I wonder how flexible these are," VenusMan asked himself as he touched the vine and jumped towards the right while keeping his body towards the viruses. The pod simply moved along him, the vine basically remaining as it was, as the waterlily released a stream of water towards the ground. The water then moved further towards the viruses while the waterlily pod closed itself and reattached to VenusMan's back. "Well this is smooth going," VenusMan commented, "Looks like the kid did something good. I wasn't expecting him to."

Summary
V = VenusMan.EXE [Wood/Team] [3 Actions]

V1. WoodTower1 [100 WOOD; Piercing; Ground; Special: Line-Chain; D Accuracy; Ranged] @ Bunny group
V2. WaterLine1 [80 AQUA; Line Attack; Ground; Ranged] @ Bunny group
V3. Dodge
The WoodTower pod pretty much skewered them to death easily, with the water lily afterwards simply sprinkling some water around.

-- ENEMIES --
Bunny A: DELETED
Bunny B: DELETED
Bunny C: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
VenusMan.EXE: 100 HP (Solar)

-- TERRAIN --
30% Solar (Road)
50% Metal (Sidewalk)
20% Normal

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

450z
"Cool. I approve," VenusMan said, nodding to himself and proud of his own redesigns despite the Operator have a clear hand in them. With his pods back onto their places, he started to walk ahead in search of more viruses.

"Ah!" Satou exclaimed, causing VenusMan to quickly stop his movement.

"What is it, kid?" VenusMan asked as he glanced upwards nonchalantly.

No immediate reply was heard although VenusMan could hear Satou's voice from the other side of the PET. "Is it true that the Itashar Robo is being released in a week, sir?!" Satou's voice exclaimed.

VenusMan just scowled and continued on his path. "Gotta have faith in this kid..."

Battle 2, please.
Following along the path seemed the most simple of things to do, and as it turns out, it would be rewarding as well. Well, if you can count coming face to face with a quartet of viruses just waiting for a fight from any that decided to walk along their road. But hey, not all rewards are each to get, right?

Viruses
Billy A: 80HP (Metal)
Billy B: 80HP (Metal)
Cacty A: 70HP (Solar)
Cacty B: 70HP (Solar)

Terrain
60% Metal
40% Solar (Road up the middle)

Navi
VenusMan: 100HP

—Battle 2, Start!—
"Kid, can't you keep your attention to this for one second?" VenusMan shouted as he looked upon the viruses. Attacking would be a really hard task for him if his Operator was not around. Taking precautions above all, he made a swift movement to one of the lit solar panels and kept his eyes on the enemies in case they had decided to commence their attacks. "Kiiid... You're not helping me with this," VenusMan complained, only to start the data collection for a chip being slotted in.

"Of course I'm here," Satou replied, "I'm done with looking around for now, so I'll keep a closer eye on you." The boy had taken a comfortable place in the shop he was at and was just staring at the screen. "You know," he started talking to VenusMan while poking the screen, more specifically the pods on VenusMan's back, "those things can disengage?"

"Disengage?" VenusMan asked, "You mean turned off? How is that going to help?"

"No, I mean ehm... Like floating around," Satou elaborated, not finding the right words for the time being. "Here, I'll force them in that state," he continued to speak and pushed a few buttons on the PET's interface.

Immediately the four pods that were on VenusMan's back popped off of their central hub and started to float near him. There was not a single trace of the vines that were connected to them before. While looking around one of the pods VenusMan noticed a faint green colored energy, looking similar to the traces of pollen, which was probably what kept them afloat. "Well this is interesting. We'll have to examine what we can do with these later," VenusMan commented and turned to look at the enemies, "Right..."

"Just use the chip I sent you already!" Satou commanded his Navi.

VenusMan nodded and glanced sideways at the two pods on his right. "It's cool that you guys can do this, but..." VenusMan said and turned to look at the two pods on his left, "For this attack I won't need you." He raised his hand and nudged to his back with his finger after which the pods obediently returned to the central vine. "OK, now for this..." he muttered and slammed his foot onto the ground, causing a tree to instantly grow although its leaves never sprouted. With his vines VenusMan cut the tree into two pieces and immediately tossed them over at the first group of enemies. "Take this, vermin!" he shouted as he repeated the process another time for the second group of enemies, "Know your place in the food chain!"

Summary

V1. Dodge to Solar panel.
V2. RollingLog1 [50 WOOD; Wide Attack; Ground Attack; Double Attack; C Accuracy; Ranged] @ BillyA/B
V3. RollingLog1 [50 WOOD; Wide Attack; Ground Attack; Double Attack; C Accuracy; Ranged] + [Solar Panel Bonus] @ CactyA/B
Surprisingly, the viruses seemed to patiently wait until VenusMan figured everything out with Satou, only acting when he was ready! How nice of them!

However, what wasn't nice were the things VenusMan was about to do to them. He hurled two logs at the viruses, effectively squashing a good number of them while one Billy was lucky enough to dodge it. The virus obviously tried to attack back by launching a thunderball, but the navi was able to dodge it...for now as it slowly turned around to attack VenusMan for another chance!

Billy A: 80HP (Metal) [Thunderball chasing VenusMan!]
Billy B: DELETED
Cacty A: DELETED
Cacty B: DELETED

Terrain:
60% Metal
30% Solar (Road up the middle)
10% Cracked

VenusMan: 100HP
"OK, not cool," VenusMan stated as he saw the slow moving thunderball heading his way. There was, however, plenty of room to avoid it so he took his chances and picked up the pace. "Hey kid," VenusMan shouted as he took a wide turn around the thunderball while aiming to get closer to the BillyA, "Got that claw chip for me?"

The shuffling of chips was heard for a short moment. "Yeah, here you go," Satou said as he slotted the chip in. "Oh, and..." he added shortly afterwards, "We're heading out after this. I'm done at this store."

"What!?" VenusMan uttered as he loaded the chip and the vines at his right arm formed a massive claw taking up the entire lower arm, "But we are totally on a roll!" VenusMan's feet stopped once he had gotten in range of the Billy virus. Digging the outer ends of his claws into the ground, he ran towards the Billy and made a large sweep towards it in an attempt to fling it back at its own thunderball. "Hahaha, see this! We don't have to run away now!" VenusMan shouted at Satou.

"But I'm done at this shop," Satou returned, his pouting almost audible in his voice.

"Nyergh..." VenusMan uttered in an annoyed tone, "I guess I'll just end this. Feeding time." He took a deep breath as the green coloring of his bodysuit lengthened until a horizontal slit became visible. "'S all yours," he stated and the large botanical ball with razor sharp teeth shot out of VenusMan's abdomen. As the ball was doing its best to sink its teeth into the virus, and even devour it if he was successful, VenusMan just remained back and looked around. "Let me know when you're done, OK?" he spoke to his weapon.

Summary

V1. Dodge Thunderball.
V2. RageClaw [40 DMG; Slashing; B Accuracy; Melee; Special: Throw] > Throw BillyA at Thunderball.
V3. Carnivore [30 Shot WOOD Drain; 2 TCD] @ BillyA
Aiming to sidestep the thunderball, VenusMan did a large sweep towards the Billy, but misjudged his step and grazed the ball, which was enough for it to transfer its hurt to him. (-15) He managed to grab the Billy easily enough, however, and threw it out behind him. The carnivorous ball he managed to spit out devoured the Billy instantly after, its data signature disappearing into the plant.

Billy A: DELETED
Billy B: DELETED
Cacty A: DELETED
Cacty B: DELETED

Terrain:
60% Metal
30% Solar (Road up the middle)
10% Cracked

VenusMan: 85HP

-- BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --
Rewards: [Thunder1] Battlechip, 540z
"I guess that's that," VenusMan stated after the Carnivore had retracted into his abdomen, "Time to leave, kid?"

"Eh..." Satou sounded, bringing up a visual window and pointed at VenusMan's lower body. "You've got something there," he said, pointing at a few blotches of data on the green part of VenusMan's bodysuit.

Looking down the Navi realized what was going on and quickly wiped it away. He quickly coughed, crossed his arms and turned away. "It's not my fault he has no decency," he responded to his Operator, "So now we can go?"

With the visual window still up, VenusMan saw Satou nod and executed the departure protocol. As a beam of green, with a red beam spiraling around it, VenusMan shot into the air and out of the network.

Logged Out