Double Dragon?

Druidman looked around. One thing was for sure, this was no beach. He looked at Seraphim and nodded.

A quick survey of the area seemed to reveal a somewhat obvious solution. He walked up to the wheel, and gave it a big turn.
The wheel turns for a moment, and the weight rises a bit-

Then stops with a loud 'THUNK' noise, and stubbornly refuses to go any further. Seraphim steps around the wall and finds no physical blockage, either.

Layout of the landing. The 'lines' are the walls with wheels/weights.
Seraphim stepped up and turned the other wheel.
Seraphim's wheel seems to turn for a bit longer than Druidman's-

and then stops with the same dull 'THUNK'. Druidman can feel it reverberate through his wheel, too.
Seraphim peeked out, checking if anything else had happened that he could observe.
"Wait a minute..." Druidman said as he felt the wheel vibrate. He gave it another turn.
Druidman's wheel turns further, then stops with another 'THUNK', followed by a 'click'.

The wheel continues to pull as though the weight will fall if he lets go, however.

Seraphim notices that the weights have raised up slightly.
Seraphim turns his wheel again.
Seraphim's wheel clicks into place, and both the wheels stiffen as though locked into place. Seraphim and Druidman let go of the wheels, which spin as they lower the weights onto a pair of small 'switches'...

...Which open a floodgate down below, raising the water level (and the missing section of staircase) and socketing it into the hole where it once stood. This snaps a line which causes the large, stone temple double-doors to open.

They 'solved' the puzzle, one would suppose.
Seraphim let go of his wheel cautiously, then started his way up to the top of the staircase. He passed his way through the door, raising his parasol defensively and looked around tentatively.
Druidman was right behind him, one hand on his scimtar's handle, the other on the book as he walked up the long stair and out the door.
The pair come to a four-way split:

-The path the Druidman and Seraphim came in through.

-A path straight ahead, which leads to a pair of large, roughly-carved stone double-doors, though these don't seem fixed into place or nearly as large as the entrance ones.

-A small hallway to the left with a chest at the end of it.

-A small hallway to the right with a pair of doors at the end, one on the left wall and one on the right.
"There's a hallway with a chest, that one is obviously trapped." He glanced at his ally.

"Well, I suppose we could check it out. You look like a meat-tank, after all." He shrugged slightly, personally, he wanted to go through the double doors dramatically. Shoving them open and walking through with-- well, not so dramatic with boardshorts on, but dramatic nonetheless.
"Yeah, I agree with you, it could be a trap... but..." Druidman trailed off. Clearly, the big doors lead to the next major area. My guess is that these side branches will give us the stuff we need for the next big room man..."

Looking back and forth, he shrugged. "Let's try the other side hall, dude. Maybe we'll find the key or way to disarm and traps on that chest that way."
YOU HAVE CHOSEN: -A small hallway to the right with a pair of doors at the end, one on the left wall and one on the right.

Pick a door. There's nothing else of interest in the hallway.
"Righto, uh, let me get on my more dramatic gear, then." Seraphim sighed, and his usual work 'armor' appeared as he walked toward the hall.

"I say we don't split up, though. That's how they always get the poor dudes in the horror games. I vote for right can't go wrong, eheheh." Seraphim chuckled nervously as his parasol vanished, replaced by the deadly weapon most usually noted as a sword-mesh-gun.

1] Summon SP, switch back to normal gear.
"Right door it is, then, man." Druidman pushed on the door, and stepped through.
The right door opens to an empty room save for a decrepit, falling-apart dresser, a small window, and a bed WHERE THE PARTY CAN REST TO REGAIN HP/MP- *Shot*
Seraphim, ever the aesthetic looking-for-descriptions person, looked out the window shortly before rummaging through the dresser that was rightfully his by entering the room.
Druidman looked as Seraphim stomped about. The markings of a true adventurer. Druidman walked into the room after him and checked under and around the bed for anything interesting.