Double Dragon?

"Who are you people?" Seraphim asked. He shuddered at the feeling of that power, finally gone. It was something he would not want to feel again. It sank back to him, slimy and grotesque, its uncomfortably warm heat slinking into him like a bad heartburn. He glanced back at the book, pointing helpfully to it.

"He's got the mobile save-point. Why, do you need to use it?"

The dark purple clad Navi nodded, then looked at his cohort and issued her an order in a tone voice that was completely at odds with his earlier demeanor "Get moving. Pick up the book, and write your name, your extension, and E X I T in the back of the book. Do it quickly."

The silver and white clad Navi jumped up, and dashed over to the book, complying with the order with a sense of urgency. She pulled her feet under herself, and skidded to a stop, scooping up the book, and opening it to the last page. A quill pen appeared in her hand, and she appeared to start writing when a loud, draconic growl sounded from where the Stormchaser was in the process of sinking.

"Oooohhh frag it." the dark purple Navi swore. "It's heeeeeeere." he added pointing at a very large, very... dangerous looking dragon that simply appeared out of nowhere over the hole that used to be the Stormchaser's deck. It vanished again in an instant, prompting the purple Navi to make a mad dash for the book himself. He arrived at it just as the silver Navi turned into a ball of light and flew back into the book.

"E X I T, remember that. Class dismissed!" he said as he too wrote his name in the book and vanished.

The dragon virus appeared again, breathed fire, and blasted a huge hole in the side of the old ship before vanishing again.

Anyone who picks up the book will find Silencia.APP written in a flowing script and Horizon.EXE printed simply in the book.

Stormchaser: Broken and sinking.

Old Ship: 50 (Burning and taking on water)
Druidman: 250
Seraphim: 200

Dark Purple Navi: GTFO
Silver White Navi: GTFO

Dragon Virus?: (You don't want to know.)

Terrain: 10% Normal (Old Ship Deck), 10% Cracked (What's left of the Stormchaser), 20% Broken (What isn't left of the Stormchaser), 60% Sea (Ocean)
"Whoa!" Seraphim yelled, as the dragon appeared.

"This must be the final boss, Erin, I need you to get my ultimate combo ready!" He readied himself, letting fire swirl around him, and getting ready to dip into his powers related to fire, as well as wood, in order to make a brutal strike at the ethereal dragon. If only he had a ghost touch weapon...

"Seraphim. Sign the goddamn book. Now. Get out of there, check out, write E X I T at the end of the book. NOW." She made her best attempt at a growl, coughing and hacking after she finished her speech.

Her voice was already raw as she pleaded with her navi.

"...Alright. Druidman, if you're not out directly after, I'm coming back in after you, no matter what Erin says." He turned to the book, flipping the pen stylishly before signing his name in the back, checking out of this hotel.

Erin smiled grimly. If he attempted to do that, she'd jack him out. But there was no need to tell him that. Better he hated her than him dying.

Seraphim didn't know what to put for this weird extension. Should he write 'extension' or something? He looked at the other two. They both had a .(three letter acryonym). He'd copy... but they were both different. .APP and .EXE. Maybe they were specific to the character. He paused.

He shrugged, and closed his eyes, picking one.

'Horizon.EXE'

Seraphim swiftly scribbled in .EXE after his name, then E X I T.
Druidman picked up the book, scrabbled up the pen, and paused for a moment, standing on the sinking hull of the old, battered ship, looking out at the burning wreck of the Stormchaser, and the horrible dragon reaching out of it.

The sun was setting, setting the sea with a million sparkles in the orange sun. He looked down at the book, closed his eyes, and scribed into the back page:

Druidman.EXE E X I T

"Peace Out!" he said, snapping the book shut and closing his eyes.
Seraphim and Druidman were ejected from the book, each flying a short distance before landing in the sand. The female Navi, who had been holding the book open, closed it with a loud thump, clasped it, and locked it shut before handing it to her male counterpart, and quickly.

The dark clad Navi took a lighter from his pocket, flipped the metallic top open, and flicked the starter until it produced a small flame. As the flame appeared, he displayed a big, predatory grin as he passed the lighter under the book, the latter catching fire rather quickly. "Gonna chow on us like it's snack time, will ya? Well look who's cookin now, chump." He dropped the book, then casually tossed the lighter onto it for good measure.

Looking more closely, the male Navi was tall and fairly thin. He is garbed in a Navi's bodysuit of a near-black shade of purple and a set of futuristic plate armor, including gloves, boots, and helmet with traditional Navi ear covers, all a similarly dark shade of blue. Over this is worn a strange over garment that seemed to be a cross between a trench coat and a preist's robe, of the same color as his bodysuit. His Navi emblem, located on the chest plate of his armor, depicted the featureless black shadow-side of a planet set in space with a crescent of white rising over the top of the black ball. He turns to look at the two Navis sitting in the sand, smirks, and says "Ahh, the smell of victory. Strangely reminiscent of burning old books... Funny that."

The female Navi was more average in height than her taller counterpart. She was garbed in a a dimmed silvery-white body-suit with a silver stripe running down the sides. She wore a matching set of silver gloves, boots, and a helmet, but no other body armor. Her helmet featured a clear glassine visor with no color tint whatsoever that fell down across her green eyes. Her face was framed by her white hair, which spilled out from beneath her helmet to her shoulders. She inhaled, then let out a relieved sigh as the book burned on the ground.

They'd all made it out, and the virus hadn't. That was enough for her....

-----------
Summary
-----------

---Allies---
Druidman: 250 (GET: Book Rewards + 2000z)
Seraphim: 200 (GET: Book Rewards + 2000z)

---Neutrals---
Horizon: 1360
Silencia: 720

Terrain: 50% Sea (Ocean), 49% Sand (Beach), 1% Glass

((FXP: Your crosses are now Level 3. You have no overspill FXP.))
Druidman looked down at the smoldering remains of the book.

"I'm... out?" he said incredulously. "No more?" he repeated in a trembling voice. He looked up at Seraphim and a sheepish grin spread over his face. "Whoa..." it was like he was filling up with joy.

"ALL RIGHT, DUDES! I'M OUT OF THAT GOOFY BOOK!" he yelled happily, then, waving his arms around, and running a bit, "THANK YOU SO MUCH!" He sang to the two Navis that had bailed his ass out, and, without further ado, ran up to the female Navi, swept his arm around the back of her waist, swung her around parallel to the ground, and leaned in and gave her a huge kiss.
Seraphim looked at the sudden couple. He turned back to Horizon.

He stuck his hand out, offering it for a hand shake, for once taking on the more formal role of the two.

He still did have one of the stupidestly happy smiles ever on his face, though.

"Thanks. Really, thanks. We owe you guys."

Silencia and Horizon watch as Druidman runs about, shouting his joy at being out of the book. A moment later Silencia, completely caught off guard, is swept off her feet and kissed by Druidman. Unfortunately for Druidman, she's having none of it... He finds himself doubled over in pain after being racked by a knee-shot, then shot in the face with an AirShot3. He lands a few meters away as a strange flowing script writes itself in mid air before his eyes:

Don't ever do that again.[font=French Script MT][b][/font][/b]

Horizon chuckles at the two, but declines (wisely) to comment at his now red-faced comrade's situation. He takes Seraphim's offered hand and shakes it. "Hey, dun mention it."

As he lets go of Seraphim's hand, his attention wavers, apparently distracted as if reading something only he could see. "Ahh, right. Sorry to cut our meeting short, but we have a prior engagement. We're going to meet a few of my buds in town and give some bloke a proper send-off. A very deserving fellow, mind you." Horizon makes a quick gesture at the ground, causing a pair of panels to rip themselves free and begin levitating in place. He hops on one, with his female partner climbing more carefully onto the other. He looks at her, checking to see if she's set, and gets a return nod. He looks back at Serahpim and adds "So if you'll excuse us, we'll be going. Adios."

And with that, the two lean forward, tilting the free-floating panels, and suddenly accelerate into the distance as the purple clad Navi makes another quick gesture, leaving Seraphim and Druidman to their own devices once again.

-----------
Summary
-----------

---Allies---
Druidman: 170 (laying on the ground)
Seraphim: 200

---Neutrals---
Horizon: 1360 (Exit)
Silencia: 720 (Exit)

Terrain: 50% Sea (Ocean), 47% Sand (Beach), 1% Glass, 2% Broken
Druidman got up and dusted himself off. He really didn't have much of a care in the world at that point. Never mind he just got smacked. He smiled.

Then, he walked over to the smoldering remains of the book, sitting in a glass cradle on the beach. Carefully, he tentative reached into the heated air...

And withdrew the shining lighter, left behind by Horizon, and pocketed it. "If I ever come across one of those books again, man, I'll torch the damn thing and be done with it, dude." he stated boldly. Then, he turned to Seraphim.

"What do you want to do now, man?"
"Alright, have a nice day, you two!" Seraphim announced, waving happily.

"Man, you take all the good stuff, Druidman. The Book (Although that was admittedly not the best thing to take), the girl, and now the lighter. Gotta leave some equips to the protagonist, man." Seraphim shook his head, sighing.

"I guess we just move on, and see what's at the end of this place? Maybe we can beat the final boss at our present state."
Before the two Navis can begin venturing onward, a large group of viruses approaches from in-land. Several tank-like viruses cruise through the sand, with two groups of odd-colored Yorts flying above them. Some sort of worm-like virus bursts from the sand, only to burrow back underground once more. The Yurts spit up, arced around, and dove in towards the Navis from both sides as the tanks charged ahead.

The pair had their backs to the sea, and enemies everywhere else....

-----------
Summary
-----------

---Allies---
Druidman: 170 [on Sand]
Seraphim: 200 [on Sand]

---Enemies---

--Group1-- [Ahead]
Cateen EX A: 240 HP [on Sand]
Cateen EX B: 240 HP [on Sand]
Cateen EX C: 240 HP [on Sand]
Cateen EX D: 240 HP [on Sand]
SnakeArm2 EX A: 250 HP [Underground]
SnakeArm2 EX B: 250 HP [Underground]

--Group2-- [To your left, airborne]
Yurt EX A: 180 HP
Yurt EX B: 180 HP
Yurt EX C: 180 HP
Yurt EX D: 180 HP

--Group3-- [To your right, airborne]
Yurt EX E: 180 HP
Yurt EX F: 180 HP
Yurt EX G: 180 HP
Yurt EX H: 180 HP

Terrain: 50% Sea (Ocean), 47% Sand (Beach), 1% Glass, 2% Broken

((Battle 16; Begin!!))
Seraphim paused, gulping as he looked around. he sweated slightly, but his pallor wasn't pale. He was flushed, ready for the challenge as he grinned, analyzing the surroundings and trying to figure out the best way.

"Finally. A challenge." He spoke with confidence, until Erin managed to remind him that he both was not alone, and that the viruses were extremely high in 'level'.

"-In fact, they're probably at least five to ten levels higher than you!" She announced, as if this weren't obvious to the (somewhat) oblivious navi. Seraphim nodded grimly, but still had a joyful expression as he kept sweeping the area, somewhat aimlessly with his eyes.

"So. Druidman. Up for a bit of--- fun?" He asked, brandishing his weapon and emptying out the normal bullets. He would need something special for this particular assault.

"One, two , three, four." He loaded them in, one by one. Would he need that one? He glanced at his companion.

"Uh, Druiddude, I'm thinking we wreck some serious havoc here. But I'm going to need to play the defender this time around, I think. Your dex rating isn't up to snuff, so I doubt you'll be able to parry the sawblades that those miniships fire. I, on the other hand, should be able to use my snipe ability to take them out." He glanced at the sand, where he'd managed to catch a glimpse of the burrowing snakearms.

"Sheesh, nasty little buggers," he commented, "Let's see if I can't 'freeze' them in their tracks so you can use... your druidic powers like a flame strike or something to fix them up."

Seraphim began channeling his energy into the gun, closing his eyes and chanting under his breath. He brought back the hammer, and braced his arm for the impact, looking down the sight and pulling on the trigger as he adjusted his position. He rolled with the 'punch' that it had, but it was never enough. His wrist was instantly slammed into a position that would have completely sprained it if it weren't for the bracing gauntlets. Nevertheless, it still hurt. A lot.

The navi winced past the pain as he saw the muzzle flash with its power, a chain of magical energy blast from the gun, which scarred and transformed the land where it hit and exploded. At least he had managed to do what he had intended.

"Well, let's try something vaguely different," murmured Seraphim as he leveled his weapon at one of the beastly tank-things. They looked extremely resistant to attacks, so he'd have to put his all into those if he wanted to do any damage to them. His arm already hurt enough, he didn't want to overload any of his skills and force the majority of them into cooldown, so he'd have to play it quick and easy here. These foes were on a much higher level than he was used to...

Then his 'armor' burst into shards of light, slowly covering his body in a sheathe of light. For a moment he slapped at it, then it stopped at his neck. The luminescence started to pulse, then exploded in a startling display of light. He was encased in his new and improved armor, the plasma jets on the boots causing him to unsteadily hover in the air for a moment, leaning one way to the other as he tried to 'balance' himself. If one were asked to describe the sight, he looked rather like a deadbeat drunk trying to walk on a straight line. (And miserably failing.)

"Wow..." Was all Seraphim could mutter, as he patted the armor down. As he looked from side to side at the viruses, and saw the direct feed of information they were giving him, as well as his very own heads up display--

"...Wow." Was all that seemed to emerge from his mouth, despite the fact that he was presently threatened by the large amount of viruses about. He tried it out, painting the yurts with his targeting system, or more accurately, those sawblades they called yoyo-thingamabobs. Once they moved/fired, he'd be alerted... which would segway into his next 'on the fly' plan. Even he was a little bit cautious about this particular plan... especially with these jet boot things. He was starting to get the hang of it. ('starting to get the hang of it' meaning that he wasn't falling on his face.)

"Well... you going to get started, or is Druidman going to have to get the party going without you?" Erin asked, rolling her eyes. She grinned, unable to help herself. Even if the SP hadn't been designed by her or anything, the sight of her navi attempting to hold himself seriously while he floundered about trying to attack a couple viruses. She grew somber though, when her PET showed the viruses and Seraphim's HUD display.

"Be careful."

"Alright!" He exclaimed, both in agreement, and as a sort of battlecry as his bootjets deactivated for a moment, then as his legs came in contact with the sand, crouched, then jumped. The boots went on full throttle, launching him in a powerful lunge as he roared out in what seemed like a mixture of exhilaration as well as fear. He brandished his weapon, aiming at the foes from above, and unleashing a brutal shot at one of the tanks. He swung around and aimed carefully at the other tank's barrel, firing as precisely as possible with the next shot, an arrow-like bolt of energy. Hitting the sand panels below with a thud, he rolled and the jets literally boosted him back up. He hovered there, waiting for the agressors to act, preparing himself for their inevitable counterattack.

One bullet left in the gun.

The one he knew he'd have to make count, as he had so much to lose if he didn't make the shot. Sighing slightly, he readied himself, floating gently from side to side.

"I bet this has boosted my armor class through the roof," he couldn't help mentioning as a mischievous grin remained on his face.

Erin sighed and groaned, but smiled wryly herself. Her navi would survive.

She hoped.

Seraphim:
1] Harmonic Surge: Spectral shot(125) + Buster Shot*2 (50*2) + Medium Terrain Change (Glass) @ Area that the Snakearms are in, attempting to transform the panels that they are tunneling in into Glass.
[Nerf: 15 Damage to Seraphim, One round Slow]

2] Ready Action: Flux Burst: Buster Base*4 (50*4) With Knockback added to each shot+Homing @ 4 Yurt Yoyos, in the event that they attack Seraphim/Druidman in an attempt to deflect the attacks.
+Snipe
[Nerf: 30 Damage to Seraphim, One round Slow]

[+Move+3: Jump into air]

3] Æther Drive: Provide 4 Buster Charges, Allows Seraphim to perform 1 charged attack. @ CateenA [200]
[Nerf: Optional Not Used]

4] RollArrow1: 50 Damage, if it hits, Enemy virus cannot act for this turn. @ CateenB

5] Prepped Dodge

6] Prepped Dodge

[+Move+3: 1/2 Prepped dodge]

[+Move+3: 1/2 Prepped dodge]

SP:
1] Prepped Dodge

2] Prepped Dodge
"Well, bummer, dude. I get out of weird book lands, and now these gnarly things are all running up my beach day, uncool, man." Druidman pouted. HE started to turn away, then saw that maniac glare in Seraphim's eye.

"Uh, dude?" Druidman began, but it was too late, Seraphim was blasting away at the beach like a madman. Druidman was strangely unsurprised. Listening to his plan, and understanding the important parts probably, Druidman nodded. "I think I know what you said. Whatever, man!" he added happily, and he turned to face the viruses again, dragging his foot through the said to make a circle around him, which began to glow a pale brown as he muttered under his breath. Druidman's eyse began to glow the same color as the symbols moved inwards toward him, and as he lifted his leg up, he bellowed, "ENCROACHING EARTH FORCE!"

And he slammed his leg down, sending ripples through the sandy ground after the shots that his ally fired, roots splaying around the trajectory, ready to snatch at their target.

Using the strain from in his leg, Druidman pushed himself up hard from the ground, doing what he hoped was an awesome looking backflip away, but really turned into more of a backwards tumble, fall over type thing. Scrabbling back up, he already had pulled free his scimitar, which glinted brightly for a split second before it seemed to sag a bit, and blur up.

Druidman did not look alarmed by the apparently melting weapon, however, he merely smiled. Before the blade completely deconstitutied, he flung his arm forward, sloughing off the glob of gel-like metal up towards some of the flanking viruses. Still gripping the handle, the blade reappeared.

Though, it reappeared a shining green metal, and viciously curved. Druidman easily allowed his magic to flow into the new blade, and, turning at the waist, launched the weapon with the twirl of a discus after the hovering terrors ahead.

As he spun to throw the blade, he continued to turn his body in a quick roll away run, as he darted past Seraphim to allow him to do whatever he felt he could to stop these viruses, he yelled up, "Bogus, dude! Blast 'em!"

1.)Encroaching Earth Force to glass terrain/SnakeArm2EXA. (60Break/20Wood, Break+Glass splash/destruction?)
2.)Dodge.
3.)MetaGel2 Battlechip to YurtEXA/B/C. (130Aqua+Slow/130Aqua+Slow/130Aqua+Slow)
4.)Untapped Potential: Boomerang1 Battlechip to YurtEXA/B/C. (81Wood/81Wood/81Wood)
5.)Dodge.
Seraphim's and Druidman's opening attack deletes both Snakearms as the ground collapses, crushing both. The Cateens on the ground above them are showered with glass, but remain relatively unharmed. Undaunted, they sorted themselves out, and turned to face the Navis again, even though they couldn't actually shoot at them. They rolled forward, and began blasting their way through the battlefield, literally....

The Yurts swooped in from both sides, and began launching their bladed yo-yo's at the two Navis. As Druidman dodged away, Serphim countered the threat by firing concussive rounds from his rifle to deflect and repel the deadly projectiles. In this manner, he managed to stop all four of the yo-yo's targeting Druidman. Unfortunately, this also drew the attention of the other Yurts, who began to swarm Seraphim instead.

Druidman took the opening Seraphim had created for him, and launched an attack against the distracted Yurts. The liquid-metal projectiles caught two of the Yurts that had had their yo-yo's returned to them early, and tagged a third that had been about to launch against its own against Seraphim, throwing it off. The follow up Boomerang finished them off, but missed the fourth in the group as Seraphim's flux burst shot returned it's yo-yo, and pushed it out of the line of fire.

The remaining Yurts swooped upon the now sluggish Navi, launching their bladed weapons at him. Seraphim managed to only barely evade the first attack, then scrambled out of range of the second a second or so later. However, he found he'd run out of places to run, as the ground immediately behind him exploded, then collapsed as a Cateen blew another chunk of the field into oblivion with it's powerful cannon.

Left with nowhere to dodge except sideways... Seraphim's situation became worse when another Cateen blasted the ground he was standing on. The sand flew upwards around him and the ground heaved, striking Seraphim's previously floating feet. Now, off-balance, and hanging in the air, he was an easy target for the last Yurt. The yo-yo burst through the sand, and slashed at Seraphim, inflicting heavy damage to the already weakened Navi.

Then the ground gave way beneath, and dumped Seraphim mercifully out of the reach of the deadly yo-yo's blades. Now, down in the pit with the group of tank-like Cateens, he raised his rifle, and fired a charged blast that finished one of them off immediately. The other three Cateens began to reload, and started towards the critically injured Navi once agai
Seraphim jacked out, perhaps to be seen again in the future.
"Seraphim!" Druidman called out, then cursed. "He's gone! Those viruses must have aced him, man!"

Druidman turned to run away as fast as he could. There was no way he could take these guys on his own. Steve slotted in a Subchip, and as Druidman ran, he felt his body burst apart into leaves that scattered onto the wind...