Research Assistance

Oh uh, Cun I cmoe? hers mi sat!

Name: Rainbowkid
Type: Normal/Cursor
Level: 3

~ R-kid

Rainbowkid, we signed up for the other mission already!

~ Cindy

Ten delet ti!

~R-kid

... Fine

~Cindy
(REALLY hoping my battle ends within the two day limit...)

We'll probably be able to make it. Just a little unfinished business. Yours, as a matter of fact.

-Shigeru

Navi stats:
Name: Voltman
Type: Elec/Sword
Level: 7
((By level 9, you mean 6, right PA? That is, unless your signature's not up to date :P))
I'd like to ask the IPC a favour. I have an appointment at the time of this event, an appointment I can't miss. I have to be in ACDC Town for this appointment, so my question is... Could you place a link here for people to download so they can come to the right place, where they have been placed in a team, from any location? Thanks in advance.

- A. Darkholme -
(Oooh.... good catch. I was looking at my (as of yet, unupdated) battle chip count. . That's only three levels on its own. I'll fix it. But let me think...

2 levels from chips (YOU SAW NOTHING!!!)
2 levels from speed upgrade
3 levels from HPMems

I should be level 7, not 9. And I do need to upgrade my sig.)
Groupings have been assigned. Please note, that while we have tried to honor all requests, we have selected the grouping based on what we feel is the optimum chance of success. The coordiniates will be linked to each area.

The Electown Team will consist of Rass, MeleeMan, Titania, Red Riding Hood, and RainbowKid. LINK

The Sharo Team will consist of Stryder, Soulman_Junior, Pianissimo, Nachamen, and Voltman. LINK

The Yumland Team will consist of Gunner, Chaos, Gungnir, Nikko, and Count Edgar. LINK

The Netfrica Team will consist of Divinity, Druidman, Seraphim, Capuchin, and Kenji. LINK

Teams will have until ((Monday)) to assemble and move out with their research.
Electown Mission Status: COMPLETE

Hello, this is Fujiwara Shin, operator of Red_Riding_Hood.exe from the Electown research event.
Apparently, the disturbances were caused by the electric hedgehog Cybeast, Riccio. We successfully "defeated" Riccio, but something else happened.
At the point of "victory" for out group, the Cybeast seperated into smaller, mini-cybeasts, of the same physical appearance of the original. They ran off in different directions, and there were so many, we couldn't count how many there were.
Oh, and Riccio left something.

Transferred Riccio's Quill to NetPolice.
Titania and Oberon, too, were a part of the Electown group. Our enemy was indeed Riccio.

The beast responsible for the disturbances seems to have been deterred, and I too witnessed what Shin did at the battle's conclusion.

Rainbowkid was deleted in combat. I do not know if she was able to emergency jack-out.
This is Suien Matsumoto, operator of Rass.EXE, reporting in. My two partners have already covered most of what we observed during, and following the battle. The cause of the network slowdown was a massive electric hedgehog who, upon disposal, split into a number of seperate entities. I do not know if the capabilities of these smaller beasts are comperable to the being we just battled, but based on their speed and appearance, I'd guess that they remain a threat. I have enclosed the battle logs for your consideration.

-Suien Matsumoto

Attached: ElecBeast.TXT
Yay! u guies r OK!

~R-kid

Sorry we couldn't help you guys much, here is a overview data I shot with my camera before it got deleted, nothing much to say besides that.

~Cindy

ATTACHED:
*OVERVIEWDATA.REC*
*ATTACKSDATA.IMG*
*HISTORYDATA.TXT*
*CYBEASTBODYSCANDATA.SCN*
I see.

Thank you for your cooperation. All of your data, while appricated, is redundant, we have plenty of data on the Cybeasts from their last swarm. Mr. Fujiwara, you may keep your quill, it is of no use to us, and it may yet hold a purpose for you.

So, you were unable to determine the cause of this sudden uprising. Go... er... Too bad. While this mission was, in effect, unsuccesful, you are still deserving of a reward for ending an pressing threat to Net Society.

Mr. Fujiwara, Mr. Matsumoto, Mr. Ishihara, and Miss Firebrand: For outstanding courage in the face of a major danger, and ending a dihabilitating threat to the Net, the NetPolice hereby presents you with 6000 zenny each, as well as the rights to keep all of your other spoils from the expidition.

Miss Wen, while your support was instumental in discovering the sorce of these anomolies, I am afraid that the NetPolice can only offer you 3000 Zenny for the standard assistance fare, due to your unfortuenate deletion.

That is all. I hope that you will continue to help aid the NetPolice in the future.

-From the office of the NetPolice Commissioner
We were lucky to get anything at all, I just wanted to reasearch like I always did, thats for the zenny, I will put it to good use... once I figure out which use is good or bad.

~Cindy

Ga! Virri thik Im oin dugs!

~R-kid
Area Darkholme and Divinity.EXE here reporting that the Cybeast known as Drauchen is defeated. Netfrica is safe for a bit longer. I'm afraid I cannot give a video recording of the battle as my Navi was blind at the time of the fight and we had a problem with a minor bug, so we've lost a part of the battle as text file. My companions of the battle could provide proof of our participation in the defeat of Drauchen.

Area Darkholme AreaDD@chipshop.net
This is Kenji reporting in, wellwe found the big freagin dragon thing, ...well, we fought it and shennanigans insued. It was pretty tough, shit kept blowing up in our faces, but in the end it fell. We found some weird glowing scales from the aftermath, but nothing special. Now, I assume we will be paid a nice sum for our efforts?
So, Drauchen was similarly released in Netfrica? Interesting.

And, it appears as if you were unable to discern the cause as well. Well, no major loss. The current threat was abated, and you will all be compensated.

Miss Darkholme, Miss Ambridge, Miss Nagasaki, Mr. Furok, and Mr. Raikotsu, for ending a massive threat to the wellfare of the citizenry of the Net, and standing tall in the face of adversity, I hereby credit you each with 6000 Zenny, as well as the spoils from your encounters.

That is all. I hope that you will continue to help aid the NetPolice in the future.

-From the office of the NetPolice Commissioner
This is Pianissimo\'s operator, Duke Rigel, from the Sharo expedition reporting in. Cybeast Squalo has been defeated...for now. After being defeated, it sank into the depths and split apart. The pieces, I\'m sorry to say, appear to have still been active, as they scattered in several directions. Also...at the end of the battle we had an...unexpected ally, as you will be able to see on the video data file recorded by Pianissimo\'s helmet. Do you know anything about them?

<Attached: Sharo_Research_Expedition.dat>

-Duke Rigel
This is Zanzo reporting from Sharo Networks. Squalo was truly fearsome, but now appears to have been slain. While I do not believe this to be true, there was another point of interest: a navi was spotted aiding in our assault against the beast, and was even able to penetrate the barriers it held up to prevent our escape. It was unclear, as the navi was incredibly fast, but from what my navi could discern, it was a female navi, wearing colors of silver and a long white coat, as well as having long hair. Further, she appeared to be an experted and powerful swordsman, having delivered massive damage to cybeast in a few simple strokes.

I doubt this information is of any use to you, but I myself found it rather strange that the navi freely bypassed the beast's attempts to hold us in...
I was in Sharo, same as the last two. I'm sure you can verify that through the information Duke provided.

-Wes

P.S. Rigel, if this e-mail looks familiar, contact it: majin@home.net
I can say nothing more than what the other operators already have. Shigeru Yamada, Sharo Research Squad, signing off.
That is, once we get our reward.

-Shigeru

You asked for research, we gave you sushi. We still get paid, right?

-Voltman
((bump?))