Looking for Dubloons

"Yarrr... Thar be no end to these barnacle scum." DubloonMan scowled, growing impatient with his lack of apparent progress.

"The link to Yoka is just around the corner past these guys. The big one is asleep so we might be able to sneak past them?" suggested Roger, a little impatient himself.

DubloonMan agreed, "...Aye." though his voice and face were clearly heavy with disapproval.

Sensing his navi's disposition, Roger slotted in the FireBurn and quickly amended his suggestion, "Or we could attack them while we still have the element of surprise."

"Yar ha-har! T'is music t'me ears!" His navi cheered quietly before adding, "Ye be a quick study, Roger, lad! I'll make a pirate of ye yet!"

Skulking around the perimeter of the viral group, DubloonMan kept his powder keg in reserve while he contemplated how to go about causing the greatest amount of destruction. Luckily for him, none of the viruses looked particularly fast or mobile and he leisurely lined up what he saw was the perfect point to strike from before spawning his barrel. As he held out his hand, the red wooden container materialized from his fingertips to the floor. A sly grin crept across his face as he changed up his tactics and started puncturing the barrel repeatedly with his hook until it bled streams of black. Tipping it over, he rolled it gently towards the enemies before flicking a lit match into the dust. The flash of igniting powder combined with the chain of explosions drew everything's attention to DubloonMan as he charged in after the blazing trail of fire and smoke with his signature battlecry, "YAR HA-HAR HAR HAR!"

"Alright, strongest battlechip is Shotgun." Roger mumbled to himself and added that to the PET's queue.

DubloonMan whipped out his blunderbuss from his coat and fired into the crowd indiscriminately, all the while laughing through the haze of smoke and embers from his blitz.

1 - Position self for optimal spread damage
2 - Fireburn2 ElecOgre (90 damage + Line(3)) + Break
3 - Shotgun ElecOgre (50 damage + Spread 2)
Flanking the enemy was easy for DubloonMan as he brought out his keg of gunpowder. Setting it alight dealt a powerful blow to a Boomer and the Ogre behind. The Ogre immediately woke up from its slumber, but it was too late as it was deleted by the Shotgun, hitting a CannonGuard in the meantime. The viruses were understandably a bit miffed about this, and launched their attacks at the pirate Navi. The Boomer threw its boomerang head at it, but missed by a fraction of an inch. The Cannon turrets fired on him, only one hit. (15)

BoomerA: 60 HP
BoomerB: DELETED
CannonGuardA: 60 HP
CannonGuardB: 10 HP
ElecOgre: DELETED

Terrain: 100% Metal

DubloonMan.EXE: 105 HP
DubloonMan relished in the havoc he was causing, though there were still too many stragglers for his liking. What was worse, they weren't even afraid. Quite the contrary, they were fighting back. He was about to unleash his anchor at them when Roger slotted in another chip.

"Hey, we got this one from the last fight. It's called Firehit."

Before he reached the anchor's chain, a large wooden club sprouted from his hand and instantly ignited at the head. DubloonMan stared at it in confusion and gave it a few test swings. The blazing tip drew scorching arcs through the air but for all intents and purposes it looked and felt like a regular torch. DubloonMan didn't have time to analyze his new weapon as he saw the Boomer had let its guard down after attacking. With a heavy swat of his arm, he swung the flaming cudgel at the CannonGuard in his path. He hobbled his way past it to the Boomer as fast as his cannon leg would carry him, all the while holding the battered baton over his head. The weapon was unwieldly to use and spread flames everywhere and it didn't sit well with him using it in a fight for some reason.

"This- This burnin' STICK be not fit for a pirate such as I." He spat before stabbing the fiery end of his makeshift weapon towards the Boomer's open jaws and dropping it. The flames quickly climbed up the handle and rendered it unsalvageable.

"There's still one more guy behind you!" Roger urgently pointed out.

DubloonMan passed a glance at the buckshot-ridden CannonGuard and sighed, "Aye..."

As a purely mechanical contruct, it couldn't display fear or do anything beyond firing blindly and at this point, there was little challenge or pleasure to be derived from fighting it. Roger slotted in a Cannon as his navi simply bent his weaponized shin, pointing the barrel in its direction and unleashing the full blast directed backwards. His knee jerked up his whole body hopped up slightly from the recoil, but his expression of boredom didn't change.

1 - Firehit CannonGuardA (60 damage) + Break
2 - Firehit BoomerA (60 damage)
3 - Cannon CannonGuardB (40 damage + Knockback)
Materializing a torch to fight off his enemies, DubloonMan managed to burn down one of the turrets, following that up with a Boomer shot. Both were successfully hit and deleted, with the Boomer especially burning up in a firestorm. The last CannonGuard could only retaliate with a cannon shot (15) before being deleted itself by DubloonMan's own cannon.

BoomerA: DELETED
BoomerB: DELETED
CannonGuardA: DELETED
CannonGuardB: DELETED
ElecOgre: DELETED

DubloonMan.EXE: 90 HP

-- BATTLE 04, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[ElecReel1] Battlechip, 520z
The frown on DubloonMan's face lifted when he saw the zenny pile up from the CannonGuard's deletion. He ignored the damage he had just taken in favour of hobbling over to the cache and dropping to his knees with a heavy clunk. Running his hand and hook through the coinage, he singled out one coin and held it as an example.

"Yo ho ho! A reminder why bein a pirate's th'good life!"

"Oh we also have some chip data. Is that from the ElecOgre?"

DubloonMan was too busy wallowing in the rewards to answer, not that he seemed to care much about the matter. He summoned his treasure chest, which was starting to show his accumulated wealth, and began to fill it with even more riches.

"Ok well that was fun but the link to Yoka is right up ahead. I can almost see it from here. Should be clear sailing from this point on." Roger said.

DubloonMan was almost done collecting the zenny when he suddenly turned to face the link's general direction and squinted hard.

"...What is it?" asked Roger.

"Quiet, lad." DubloonMan snapped, still watching the horizon. There were still a few coins scattered about as he stood up, which was strange in itself. Whatever had caught his attention, it was more important than money. He continued to stand vigilant, staring at that one point with something on his mind. Roger could see that DubloonMan's reckless fighting style was starting to take its toll on his body and he rummaged through the PET box for the subchips that it came with. Slotting one in, the rejuvenating effect seemed to snap DubloonMan out of whatever daze he was caught in and prompted him to pick up the last few coins.

"Yarrr... Thar be somethin' up ahead. I know not what it be but t'is bigg'r than th'usual fry..."

"Oh damn," cursed Roger "We were so close too. Should we find another way around?"

DubloonMan snarled, "NAY! We're settin' course for that thar port and pray fer the souls what be standin' in our way! It be high time fer a REAL battle!"

((MiniEnergyPack used: +50 HP))
((Battle 5))
As DubloonMan continued on his path to the Scilab --> Yoka Net channel, he found himself face to face with a blockade of massive Electopian-style pirate ships. They seemed to be using the gate to channel through goods to some other location. It was hard to tell why they needed to use a method like this, but whatever the case, it looked like a very efficient operation.

Or, pretty efficient, anyways. Throwing off the image of efficiency somewhat was one lady pirate, wearing a headwrap and black bikini top, who apparently had time to lean off one side of the nearest ship and call names at DubloonMan. "Oi, Fatty, you lost? This is the gate ta Yoka Net yer approachin'! Maybe yer lookin' for the ACDC one, huh?" she taunted him, seeming to find fault with the fact that he was not oriental.

"Ho there!" another voice called down from a nearby ship. Slowly, a heavily muscled, shirtless, tattooed man with a tied headband emerged from the side. His head was entirely bald except for a small topknot in the back and a beard and mustache. "I think you speak too quickly to our visitor, Swabbie! Can't you see that he's a kindred spirit?"

"Kindred spirit? He looks like a good fer nothin' to me..." the woman called back.

"My name is WokouMan! State your name and purpose here if you would," the big man called down to DubloonMan, taking a long pipe from a pouch at his side and filling it with tobacco as he spoke. "We're running an operation here, but depending on what type of person you are, we may make special exceptions for your passing through."
DubloonMan let out a jolly laugh at the sight of the ships and immediately lost his apprehension, "YAR HA-HAR! The two of ye be a welcome sight to an ol' salt such as I! Me name's DubloonMahn and accordin' to me navigator, that thar is the closest port to th' open sea."

"Well this was totally unexpected..." Roger added, "I don't know if I like the looks of this though."

DubloonMan berated his operator with a growl, "YARRR! Roger! Have some respect to a fellow buccaneer!" He then quickly turned his attention back to the smoking navi and took off his hat, "WukouMahn, was it? I harbour no ill will towards ye or yer crew and seek only to find me way home to th' ocean's call. Ye be of th' unnerstandin' nature, be ye not?"

With his goal so close and only a set of like-minded individuals blocking his path, DubloonMan had high hopes he would soon be reuinited with the ocean, despite having never been there before in his short life. Roger on the other hand was worried about how this would all play out. He had heard about the honour among thieves but how much honour was there among pirates? He readied his set of battlechips just in case things didn't go well.
The navi smirked at the mispronunciation of his name, but didn't seem terribly offended. "I think it's clear to everyone here that the man is a pirate. I'm not in the habit of burning bridges, but I'm also not in the habit of giving anyone a free ride. You look like the enterprising type, so you will probably appreciate this offer, " he continued, puffing up smoke rings from his pipe. "My Swabbie's got quite a mouth on her, doesn't she?"

"Ey, what's that all about!? Are you suggestin' somethin?" the girl cried out indignantly, rocking the rail of the other ship as she leaned forward.

"There's that mouth," he chuckled. "At any rate, way I see it, I'm willing to let you through here if you're a fellow pirate. I'll just have to make you prove it first. Swabbie, get down there and test if that man's a pirate or not!"

The girl looked at once surprised, then irritated. Crossing her arms beneath her breasts, she frowned towards her supposed leader. "Yer the boss, but I don't get the point!" she griped, jumping down from the side of the ship. As she landed, she quickly swapped out her outfit for a black bodysuit with steel armor, along with a long deck brush. The black bodysuit was painted with green tattoos, but otherwise unremarkable. Her face and pretty black hair made it look like she could be a beauty if she'd stop snarling, cussing, and being generally disagreeable.

"Here's the point: a little wager! If you lose, newcomer, we see you're not one of our kinsman and send you packing. If you win, however, we'll let you through AND you can have Swabbie's cut of our latest smuggling run!" he laughed, enjoying the look of rage on the swab's face as he laid the information out.

"What's all'a that fer?!" she growled, stomping her feet angrily.

"Maybe to teach you not to shoot your mouth off? Anyways, is it a deal, stranger?" he replied, taking another draw of his pipe as he finished.

Despite making it sound like an open offer, WokouMan didn't seem to have much of a leash on his swab. It seemed like she was going to attack DubloonMan no matter what he did at this point, just as much for her pride as for her cut of the haul.

--Area Between Boats-- (Blockade is 1 movement away on all sides but back)

Swabbie: 100 HP

DubloonMan: 140 HP

--BATTLE 5 START--
"Wait, I don't see how winning a fight would prove that you're one of them." Roger said.

DubloonMan quickly fastened his hat back on and stroked his beard in anticipation, "Yo ho ho! A fight and a cutta some booty! WukouMahn, ye certainly know how t' make me day!" Passing an almost patronizing look to Swabbie, he quipped, "No hard feelin's, lass."

"Okay well we've never fought another navi before so this might take some actual strategy." surmised Roger.

"Aye, but I be fulla regret of havin' t'damage a beaut such as she." DubloonMan added, waving his arm in Swabbie's general direction.

His operator was a little shocked, "You... You have problems fighting women?"

"What!?" DubloonMan blurted out, "Nay! I be talkin' about the vessels what be docked all around us! True beauties o' th' sea!"

"Oh." Roger sighed, disappointed but no longer surprised.

DubloonMan flexed his arm and grabbed the chain draped across his shoulder, "I'll be needin t' get ridda some weight before we get down t' business."

Pulling the anchor off his back, he bagan to swing it fiercely all around his body in carefully practiced and choreographed movements as not to hit himself. The massive and heavy weight cut around him in every direction before he released his grip, sending the anchor flying towards Swabbie. With the burden lifted, DubloonMan felt more ready to fight though he thought it would be fun to engage in more shock and awe.

"Me keg, if ye would." DubloonMan said.

Roger slotted in the FireBurn and watched as his navi raised both arms in the air in preparation to summon the barrel. It materialized floating over his head and dropped down, visibly forcing him to brace himself against toppling over and being crushed.

"Hold on! I'll send you a Firehit to ignite it!" Roger said, but DubloonMan had already heaved the leaky container at his enemy. Black powder spilled everywhere, giving DubloonMan more than enough opportunities to light one of the connecting trails with a sweep of his fresh torch. The scorch of the fuse blazed its way to the barrel and caused it to explode in a rolling wave of fire.

Still not used to using the torch as a weapon, DubloonMan chucked it at Swabbie with a shout, "Yarr, a souvenir!" It spun through the air and completely ignited into a spinning wheel of flames and combusted into ashes upon impact.

Roger watched the PET screen, carefully eyeing where Swabbie might pop up next and readied the Shotgun in preparation. His pulse raced as the battle wore on. Not even DubloonMan was as excited as his operator.

1 - Anchors Aweigh! (self-slow, nova2 10 damage + knockback) + Swabbie (40 damage) + Break
2 - Fireburn2 Swabbie (90 damage + line(3)
3 - Firehit Swabbie (60 damage + impact)
"Oh, yer gonna pay fer that, ya scummy old man!" Swabbie barked indignantly, apparently thinking that some sort of joke at her expense had been made again. "If yer goin' all out, I'm not holdin' back either!"

Stomping down simultaneously to DubloonMan's own start, she brought up a big bucket of water next to her with a splash. She quickly soaked up the moisture from it into her scrub brush, then kicked the tin straight into the navi's head. The big pirate tanked the blow well, however, and retaliated with a metal object of his own: a much heavier anchor. Swabbie was slammed into one of the nearby ships, emerging looking a little worse for the wear. "Cheap shot! Ye can't throw a whole anchor at me!" she complained, rubbing her gut, where the armor had completely broken off, leaving the remnants of her torso armor hanging in shambles from her shoulders. It looked like it must have been a painful hit, but she was still standing.

DubloonMan didn't give her much time to rest, however, and quickly assaulted her again with a huge cask explosion. This she dodged, however, rolling out of the way with a well-timed movement. The torch did manage to hit her, however, setting fire to her and illiciting an indignant yelp. Enraged, she moved forward and tore into DubloonMan with her scrubbrush, amazingly managing to lift his body above her head and chuck it. She then fired a cannon, pegging him and knocking him back into one of the ships with a wooden crackle.

"Easy on the ships, you good-for-nothings!" WokouMan joked from his high-up position, leaning over the rails to watch them. "C'mon Swabbie, you don't wanna lose, do you?" he taunted his subordinate. Swabbie was indeed growling like she didn't want to lose; her ashy appearance, broken armor, and burnt undersuit gave her the appearance of somebody who'd been battling for a full day's length rather than a brief moment, but she was still standing. It looked like she'd used up a lot in her last assault, however.

Swabbie: 1 HP (10 strengthen)

DubloonMan: 40 HP

DubloonMan was a wreck. His right arm felt paralyzed, his chest felt caved in and his hat was dirty. This was definitely several leagues up from the usual fights he had been in. On the other hand, no longer carring the anchor meant he was lighter on his feet. He didn't want to admit it, but if he didn't start using some footwork, he might not win by as large a margin as he had initially hoped. Even on the verge of defeat, there was no fear in Swabbie's eyes. He wasn't sure whether he liked it or if he wanted to smack the fire from her gaze.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you're still standing!" exclaimed Roger.

DubloonMan propped himself up against one ship's hull and slammed his shoulder into it. He let out a muffled groan as the joint reset itself, returning mobility to his limb at a painful cost. "Yarrr, I'll be needin' more credit than that, Roger..."

"Well you've almost won," Roger confided, "She's only hanging on by a thread so I'll slot in the Shotgun."

"A fine idea, lad. This dispute should be settled between ladies." DubloonMan said, reaching into his coat.

Before he could retrieve the weapon from his hidden arsenal, he spun out of the way to avoid being battered any further by Swabbie's attacks. His blunderbuss was swept out amidst his movements and pointed at his enemy, carefully aimed away from the other ships to minimize the collateral damage.

"Betty requests a word with ye on etiquette," DublonnMan said before promptly pulling the trigger. The spread of buckshot and black powder spread out in a loud and randomly destructive spray, reaffirming it as DubloonMan's weapon of choice.

As he sheathed the empty firearm, he was quick to add, "Did ye get all that?"

His hand emerged from the recesses of his coat with a small flintlock pistol in the off chance that Swabbie had somehow escaped unharmed.

1 - Dodge
2 - Shotgun Swabbie (50 damage + spread 2) + Break
3 - Buster Swabbie (2 damage)
Swabbie quickly summoned back up her mop bucket, getting a fresh soak on her mop and then kicking the bucket towards DubloonMan. He managed to dodge it easily, then pulled out his blunderbuss. "Nobody gets to lay a finger on my cut!" she roared, readying a cannon on one arm and pointing it in his direction. The blunderbuss and cannon each hit their targets; humorously enough, DubloonMan had avoided to damage the ship with his shot while Swabbie's knocked the big pirate back into the side of one of them. When the smoke cleared, however, it was clear that the deck swab had ejected.

"A fine show! And your respect for my boats proves beyond the shadow of a doubt: you're one of us. I don't know whether I should reward you or not though... I have a feeling we won't be getting these decks swabbed for a while!" he guffawed heartily; the crowd of pirates that gathered around him laughed along with him. "I'm a man of my word... Get it for him then, men!" he called out.

There was a short pause and the sound of a crowbar being applied to the lid of a crate before the men returned and WokouMan easily lifted a sack, which had been carried by two men, with one arm. "The goods come straight from Scilab, so think of the scrubs when you use it!"

It turned out that most of the weight of the bag was packing material, but hey, free subchip! "We'll head out soon, but stranger, I'd suggest you go on by! These ships take a while to get outta the way."

((Received Untrap x1))

Swabbie: EJO'd

DubloonMan: 1 HP

--BATTLE 5 COMPLETE!--

GET: BubbleStar1, 800z
Got +3 WokouMan FXP
"Yarrr... She got me but good, she did." DubloonMan grumbled, clutching his new wound. The PET was giving off an annoying beep that Roger was trying to silence by covering the tiny speaker with his thumb while simultaneously turning down the volume. He wondered how much trouble he would be in for playing around during work hours.

"Go through the link," He whispered, "You should be fine once you're through!"

"Th' booty, Roger! How could ye be fergettin' th' booty!?" his navi growled before summoning his treasure chest, tossing the whole sack inside and dismissing it just as quickly.

"WukouMahn," DubloonMan said to the navi, removing his hat again with gracious bow, "Aye, it be a true pleasure doin' business with ye. I be lookin' forward to our next meetin' but the sea, she calls! Farewell!"

And with that, DubloonMan disappeared through the link.

((LINK TO YOKA NET))
"YO HO H- Oh, we're back here again." DubloonMan said with disappointment, "Why, Roger? Why d'ye test me so?"

Afraid of being scorned for talking too loudly in the cafe, he replied in a whisper, "We're just doing some warm-ups and I wanted some time to set up the supp- Parrot."

DubloonMan's eye widened at the mention of the word and polished his hook with a smile, "Aye! It had almost slipped me mind! Whar IS me parrot? You DID get it, did ye not?"

"Yeah, I got it... No problem...", Roger said as he began to unpack the support program base and set up the preferences and options as quickly as possible. When it came time to design the thing, Roger had little idea what a parrot looked like and hoped DubloonMan wasn't too discerning in his tastes.

"What colour be it?" DubloonMan asked.

Roger splashed it with an off shade of olive and answered, "...Green! It's green with a bit of red on its... Head."

DubloonMan began to grow suspicious of Roger's inconsistent tone, "Ye sound odd... Be ye hidin' somethin' from me, matey?"

As the GNA had promised, the Support Program set-up was fast and easy but Roger couldn't comment about the results. He hoped for the best and sent it into the network after his navi, "Nope! Here you go! One parrot!"

A second beam of light caught DubloonMan's attention, materializing the newly created support program. The navi looked down to see a red and green lump staring back at him... In a sense. Its eyes were pointing to the left and right of DubloonMan but at least it was facing him. They exchanged quiet looks for a few awkward seconds until it broke the silence.

"...Squarg."

"This be me parrot?" DubloonMan asked.

Roger winced at the anticipation of disapproval, "...Yes."

"...I like it," DubloonMan said and set the fat bird on his free shoulder. Roger sighed in relief, feeling as if he had dodged a bullet.

DubloonMan teased it with his finger and asked, "Has she a name?"

"No, I guess not." Roger said.

"VERY WELL! I'll dub her... Cannonball."

"Squarg. Cannonball." the bird echoed.

With the parrot perched on his shoulder, DubloonMan felt a little more complete as he set off to explore the network.

((Battle 1))
As DubloonMan enjoyed the company of his new parrot, a small party approached them, composed of hard-hitting Champu! They really didn't look like they were the kind of party that would celebrate his new companion, though.

-- ENEMIES --
Champu A: 60 HP
Champu B: 60 HP
Champu C: 60 HP

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 170 HP
Cannonball.SP: 40 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Metal

-- BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
DubloonMan's blood boiled once he saw something to fight. Roger was similarly eager to test the upper limits of what this new speed upgrade could do. It cost him ten thousand zenny, leaving him with some pretty lofty expectations.

His navi laughed and waved his hook at the viruses dismissingly, "Yar ha-har! Only th' three o' ye?"

"Squarg, Cannonball." his parrot interrupted.

"Aye, against me and me pretty." DubloonMan corrected himself, "Whar's th' challenge in that? Go get th' rest o' yer crew and make this a REAL fight! On second thought, I'll slaughter the lot o' ye now and pillage yer crew later! Yar ha-har!"

Roger turned down the volume on his PET and spread his chips open like a fan. He picked out the two Crackerbombs, hoping to end this quickly. He slotted them in with discrete movements as not to draw any more attention to himself than he already had. DubloonMan received the bombs on his end and held them up, one in each arm. How he managed to balance one on the tip of his hook was beyond Roger's understanding but he just rolled with it. Roger remembered a time when his navi had problems lifting just one of those bombs so this was already a significant sign of improvement.

"Me condolences t' yer kin." DubloonMan said with a smirk and lobbed the enormous explosives one after the other upon the viruses.

Roger remembered something else. He had seen these viruses before because he saw them every time he slotted in the Firehit chip. What was more important, he remembered how they fought. They teleported freely and would easily be able to avoid the CrackerBombs with that ability alone.

He whispered with an urgent tone in his voice, "DubloonMan! They're fast! Stay on guard!"

The bombs exploded and created cascading explosions, obscuring the viruses in layers upon layers of thick smoke. DubloonMan didn't seem to catch his operator's words over his own laughter prompting Roger to slot in DashAttack. However, instead of using it himself, DubloonMan seemed to unconsciously transfer the battlechip data to his support program.

"Yar! Get im', Cannonball!"

"SQUARG." the support program shrieked and dove forward, activating the chip and piercing forward in a sudden burst of accceleration. Cannonball's path cut a clear cylinder of air straight through the CrackerBomb cloud. The impressive display seemed to wake DubloonMan up from his sadistic bellowing and refocus on his operator.

"Eh? Roger did ye say somethin'?"

"Yes! They can move fast!" Roger repeated, "Watch out!"

DubloonMan scoffed at the warning but took his hat off respectfully, "Appreciate th' concern, lad, but they be fish in a barrel. They should be warned about ME! Yar ha-har!"

Despite saying that, his subtle movements indicated that he was more perceptive than he let on. He never once let down his guard and the speed upgrade was doing remarkably well at keeping him one step ahead of incoming dangers.

1 - CrackerBomb ChampuB (80 damage + Panel Crack + Blast 3)
2 - CrackerBomb ChampuB (80 damage + Panel Crack + Blast 3)
3 - DashAttack for SP
SP - DashAttack ChampuA (90 damage + line(5) + impact)
4 - Dodge
5 - Dodge
Explosions ravaged the field like everywhere on the field, courtesy of twin CrackerBombs on the double. It managed to catch two of the Champus before they could even move, leaving another for Cannonball to rip through with her ferocious squawking.

-- ENEMIES --
Champu A: DELETED
Champu B: DELETED
Champu C: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 170 HP
Cannonball.SP: 40 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Metal

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[FireHit1] Battlechip, 300z, 9 BugFrags
When the smoke cleared, there was nothing was left except Cannonball returning to perch. She hovered over DubloonMan's shoulder for a moment before landing with a heavy plop and a blank expression over its victory.

"Squarg."

"Yarr... Who's a pretty bird? Who's a pretty bird?" DubloonMan cooed to his pet while brushing her coarse feathers with the curve of his hook. Cannonball affectionately nuzzled the claw back with what looked like a smile.

"Squarrrrrg..."

Roger felt awkward.

"Yar ha-har! Time t' plunder!" DubloonMan said and began to comb over the metal panels for zenny and other loot. Amongst the smouldering remains of the viruses DubloonMan found a purple lump with a faint, glowing yellow core. It was something that he had never encountered before. He skewered it on the tip of his hook and brought it closer for inspection.

"What's that?" Roger asked.

"Yarr... I dunno." DubloonMan said, "But it don't look valuable t' me."

Cannonball seemed to think otherwise and began to flap its wings and snap its beak at the strange nugget. DubloonMan was confused to why his parrot was acting so oddly but he was quick to form a guess. He slowly raised the morsel to Cannonball's gaping mouth and fed it to her much to her approval.

"That's really weird..." Roger noted, "Are you sure that's safe?"

"Yar, she seems t' like it. Quit yer worryin' lad." DubloonMan answered.

There were several more pieces of the purple cores strewn about the battlefield and DubloonMan fed them to Cannonball as he filtered through the loot. There wasn't much in the way of zenny but he did find another piece of battlechip data for his growing arsenal. After scouring the floor of rewards, DubloonMan walked off in search of more challenging opponents to test his strength against.

((Battle 2))
A short walk later, DubloonMan stumbled on something interesting. A few pillars stuck out from the ground, glowing golden like anything. They radiated their light out for a good distance, and the pirate Navi approached them to get a better look. Unfortunately, the large pillars of golden shine were blocked by some rather enterprising viruses, which had seen it fit to take over the site for themselves. A couple of Miners were on ground level, and some Dynamite viruses had climbed onto the pillars themselves. They saw DubloonMan's approach, and turned to fight!

-- ENEMIES --
Miner A: 100 HP (Metal)
Miner B: 100 HP (Metal)
Dynamite A: 100 HP (Solar)
Dynamite B: 100 HP (Solar)

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 170 HP (Metal)
Cannonball.SP: 40 HP (Metal)

-- TERRAIN --
70% Metal (Ground level)
30% Solar (Pillars of glowy shiney, about 4 feet tall from ground level)

-- BATTLE 02, READY? START!! --
Even if the Miners looked more intimidating than the sad baggy lumps on the pillars, DubloonMan quickly antagonized the Dynamite viruses simply for being higher than him. He didn't like how they tried to loom over him despite their sorry appearance.

"Yar! Roger! Me rope!" DubloonMan demanded.

Roger was a little surprised at the request as it wasn't the most damaging chip and he was a little curious why his navi would want it now. He slotted it in and waited for the outcome. DubloonMan aimed his toss and threw the lasso at the closest Dynamite virus to try and ensnare it, but that wasn't enough. "OFF O' THAR WITH YE!"

With a fierce tug of his makeshift reins, he wanted to bring that Dynamite crashing to the ground and under his boot where it belonged. In fact, they all belonged under his boot and there wasn't enough rope to go around. It'd be easier to just take to the high ground himself so he made his way towards the pillars. Meanwhile, Cannonball and one of the Miners seemed to have locked eyes as the bird launched itself at the scarved virus. She viciously pecked at its face and flapped around its head in an agressive front. Loose green feathers were shed everywhere as a show of the support program's determination and ferocity.

DubloonMan couldn't be bothered with what kind of crazy antics Cannonball had gotten herself into and put his arm up on the ledge for leverage as he propped his good leg up. Another Dynamite virus was still there waiting for him, but Roger slotted in the Rageclaw for his navi's use. DubloonMan swiped his hook down at the virus's loose rags, trying to pin them down before dragging it closer to him to hurl away. He was going to claim this territory for himself and no hobo virus was going to take that away from him. Finding himself on stable enough footing, he stared at the Miners and steel all around him. They looked dull in comparison to the shining panels of light he was standing on.

"YAR HA-HAR!" He declared, "LOOKIT ME NOW! I BE ON TOP O' YER METAL WASTELAND! I PROPOSE A KEGER T' CELEBRATE!"

Taking that as a cue to slot in the Fireburn, Roger did just that. The barrel took only a moment to appear at DubloonMan's side and only another moment to crack open with his empowered hook. He joyously spread the gunpowder all over the viruses like some kind of colour-inverted snowfall. One Firehit chip later and the metal panels were set ablaze in an inferno that consumed everything all around him.

This was the life. Standing tall while watching your enemies burn. There wasn't much DubloonMan could ask for and so he laughed, "BURN T' TH' GROUND! YAR HA-HAR HAR HAR!"

"Wait, what about Cannonball?" interrupted Roger.

"HAR Har... Oops." DubloonMan added, peering into the rapidly diminishing flames for signs of his parrot.

1 - Rope DynamiteA (50 damage + Hold) x2 from terrain
SP - Attack MinerA (10 damage)
2 - Climb up onto Solar pillars
3 - Rageclaw throw DynamiteB into MinerB (20 damage)
4 - Fireburn MinerA (90 damage + line(3))
5 - Firehit DynamiteB (60 damage)