The Midnight Carnival

Quickly loading up the battlechips that she had, Saluki went into action, first aiming for the CannonGuard with her large shockwave attack. It had just lifted its guard for a bit, and received the attack head-on. The Shotgun attack after that was also a success, blowing the turret's cannon head clear off its base. One of the Champus had the misfortune as well to teleport right in front of her as the Shotgun went off, deleting the boxer along with its comrade. The remaining fire-puncher decided to get serious, and warped up to her to deliver a couple of jabs. Though one of the strikes did not hit their intended target, the second crashed through Saluki's barrier with surprising ease, as if it was made to crush defenses such as hers.

ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: 60 HP
CannonGuard: DELETED

Saluki: 80 HP
ZombieA: DELETED
ZombieB: DELETED

Terrain: 40% Normal, 30% Grass, 15% Cracked (around CannonGuard, but not under it), 15% Metal (scattered)
Finally Sally conceited to a boxing match; and Sullen loaded in her second last chip. With rage claw transmitted into a large Krueger-esque razor gauntlet covered her left hand. Of course she wasn't going to play fair, those long metallic tendrils dangling from her right hand.

She wasn't going to wait for the first attack she had been caught off guard enough and it was time to try and take control of the situation, lashing the virus and dragging and tugging at him like she was fishing, of course instead of slapping him with a paddle she was going to slash him.

Summary:
1: Attempting to Pull Champu B
2: Rageclaw1 slash 40 Null Damage at Champu B [5/6]
3: Rageclaw1 slash 40 null Damage at Champu B [4/6]

Saluki: 80 HP
Pulling the leash on the Champu was quite unnecessary, as the boxing virus simply teleported up to Saluki to start the match. Their first punches canceled out each other, but their second hits went clear through, dealing powerful damage to both opposing forces! (10x2Fire)

ChampuB: 20 HP

Saluki: 60 HP

Terrain: 40% Normal, 30% Grass, 15% Cracked (around CannonGuard, but not under it), 15% Metal (scattered)
She was somewhat surprised at how ineffective her tethers where and they soon dissipated; then again its teleport had been bothering her the whole time and now she was finally cornered. Her gauntlet and its blades clicking, screeching together and squeezing against one another when the final blows had lead them back to square one and facing each other once more. Sally was growling, snarling and hissing at the Champu during the grappling, parrying and the exchange of blows.

Sullen didn't comment and she didn't load in her last chip either; she doubted the effectiveness of a point blank cannon shot on the little firebug; so it was all left to her Navi's cunning.

By now the Vixen already had formulated a plan, she was going to wait for the virus to disappear before doing a complete side step to try and feint the first attack, the second she would have to ketch his fist or parry the blow, finally she was going to have to finish him off before he could just teleport back to safety. All of this hinged on her burned and bent claws holding up for the rest of the fight.

Summary:
1: attempting to dodge Champu's attack
2: attempting to parry Champu's
3: Rageclaw1 slash 40 null Damage at Champu B [3/6]

The match was decided quickly as Saluki dodged and parried the enemy's blows, then delivered the final, decisive blow.

ChampuB: DELETED

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

360 Zenny
Sullen And Sally where both too weary to continue another battle and with a soft sigh they where logged out. Of course they will be back another day to buy and test upgrades and chips.

[log out!]
Saluki and her SP in training beamed down into Si-labs net with the familiar haze of smoke and Gilmore's blue transmission beam. The rat started coughing till Saluki's smoke finally dispersed.

"Ack! Do you always do that?" he adjusted his vest and checked the staff to make sure that he was properly configured.

"Yes. Now listen carefully; a single virus is more than your equal so it will be adequate training grounds" Saluki's ears twitched atop her head and she started scanning the horizon; it had been a long time sense her last visit so who knows what could have changed.

"Ready up here you two."

[Requesting First Battle]

As Saluki introduced her new Support Program to the wide open Internet, she found herself on a walkway through a large open space. Fortunately (or otherwise, depending on your point of view) a few viruses were blocking the way forward. Two of them rested on the edges of the walkway, a HardHead and a Twisty. The third was a floating Eleball twirling around the back.

-- ENEMIES --
HardHead: 60 HP [Closed] (Metal)
Twisty: 80 HP (Metal)
Eleball: 80 HP (Metal)

-- NAVIGATOR --
Saluki.EXE: 140 HP (Metal)
Gilmore.SP: 40 HP (Metal)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Metal (Walkway)
40% Glass (Either side)

-- BATTLE 01, READY? START!! --
"Even the most secure systems and networks have infections of some kind. They are random, out of place, obscure or malicious. They have no form of moderation, control or intelligence; all they do is reproduce and destroy even if it leads to glitched and broken networks."

"So we absolutely have to do this?!"

"Look Rat if you don't want to end up fragmented you are going to listen to me. If I say jump you jump, if I say fight we fight, If I say move you move. And if you are still functioning when we are done you can collect and purify any bugs. NOW MOVE!" Saluki barked and ordered the SP into a defensive mode. You had to be tough if you wanted to survive; especially if you had the combat prowess of a metool.

Saluki's eyes fluttered close and she began to tremble violently; gasping and inhaling deeply. There was a short pause before she wheezed and smoke exploded from her mouth and nose. The smoke billowed around Gilmore and formed a protective barrier around him. Sally raised her left arm and turned it towards Gilmore; the small rodent became caught in gust. It was more than strong enough to knock him back and behind her, hopefully using herself as a buffer between the viruses.

"Sending two chips in; I think you will like the combination." in order to prep for the two toys; a burning blue glyph would form a few inches above Sallys head. It resembled four blades angled at 45 degree with four circles filling in the spaces between; for a moment everything had a blue tint to it. Sullen loaded in Treebomb1 first followed by AquaNeedle1.

First the bomb materialized into Sally's paws, it sort of looked like a coconut; save it rattled, pulsed and bounced like it contained great life. The enhanced aim was only going to last long enough for her to throw the tree bomb and try and position it between the three viruses. The glyph would quickly fizzle out and Saluki raised her paws in the air while the aqua needles three ice spikes formed above her. She lowered her hands in the direction of the group and the three spikes descended upon their three targets. The first two where aimed at the Twisty and the Eleball; the third was aimed for the same location her tree bomb was supposed to be. If everything lined up it was going to be a deadly Wood Tower attack!

Gilmore really did feel small; clearly outclassed by the viruses and Saluki was pretty much babysitting him. He kept his knees bent; legs shoulder width apart, his ears perked atop his head and eyes wide. He was ready to attempt a dodge, assuming that he was considered a big enough threat and if there was anything left of these three unfamiliar creatures.

Saluki's Summary[i][/i]
1: Signature Ability; Williwaw: (20 hp barrier) on Gilmore.sp.
*Subtype Ability: Gust on Gilmore; attempting to position him behind her.
*Signature Ability; Cyanopsia: (Passive Take Aim) on Treebomb1.
2: Battle chip; TreeBomb1 Damage: 60 / 60 + Group Attack + Ground Attack (next turn) / 60 + Group Attack + Ground Attack + Aqua Boost 30. Accuracy: B / C / B. Attempting to throw it between the three viruses.
3: Battle chip; AquaNeedle1: Damage: 20 x 3 Needles + Attempting to attack, Twisty: 80 HP (Metal), Eleball: 80 HP (Metal) and Treebomb1. Accuracy: B

Gilmore's Summary[i][/i]
1: Dodge.

Party Status[i][/i]
=Saliki.exe:=
-HP:140
-Terrain: Metal
- Williwaw 1TCD

=Gilmore.sp=
-HP: 40 + [20HP barrier]
-Terrain: Metal?
Providing her new ally with some protection, Saluki went on to position herself just so that the TreeBomb went between the viruses. Afterwards, she triggered it with the AquaNeedle, piercing the Twisty with some wooden stakes before it could do anything. The Eleball was spared the skewering when it moved out of the way, and the HardHead weathered the blow with its hard metal exterior. It then opened up its mouth, readying its attack.

-- ENEMIES --
HardHead: 60 HP [Open] (Metal)
Twisty: DELETED
Eleball: 80 HP (Metal)

-- NAVIGATOR --
Gilmore.SP: 40 HP (Metal) (20 HP Barrier)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Metal (Walkway)
40% Glass (Either side)
[Happy holidays if you have a long weekend.]

Gilmore was of course very jumpy even if he hadn't been targeted that time; just watching that deadly wood tower strike the virus group randomly make him squeak. Saluki seemed to be just as stoic and focused as she normally was while busting; if anything she was starting to become excited after all those beach net/square shenanigans. "Back up Gilmore be sure to stay off the glass!" The navigator ordered.

Waiting for munitions Saluki would take the time to protect herself; with a single ring of her bell she became surrounded in semi-transparent casing. Half plate and mail skirt with the plates, curves, grooves, links, rings and joints where clearly outlined and defined; leaving the gaps transparent. Despite the sheer and lightweight look the magical armor indeed offered another layer of protection. "I think I got just the right thing for those panels." Her voice caused Gilmore to perk his ears and watch the sky while he backpedaled. For now Sullen was little more than a talking head to the support program, it was somewhat unnerving to get used to her transmissions.

The burning glyph reignited above Sally's head and her vision become tainted blue a second time in prep for Arrow1. It took both her paws to trace the bleeding black archway and write the odd glyphs required for the temporary virus summoning. Nevertheless the accuracy enhanced Elebee burst through the gateway and made a beeline for its target; the opened Hardhead.

Sword chip was transmitted next, the pink sword belt and scabbard materializing around Saluki's waist; the navi drawing it immediately. Brandishing the dueling blade with her left, leaving her right free to ready a gust. Five thin metallic tendrils lashing out at the Eleball to attempt to pull it towards her and the readied energy blade. With any luck it would be drawn to her slash, or it would try and move again and she would be ready with a follow up strike.

Saluki's Summary[i][/i]
1: Signature Ability; Ephemeral armor: (20 hp Casing on Self)
*Signature Ability; Cyanopsia: (Passive Take Aim) on Arrow1.
2: Battle chip; Arrow1: Damage: 100 + Homing Accuracy: A [Summons an Elebee virus, and sends it flying at an enemy. It vanishes after stinging its target, or after two turns. Duration: Once. Element: Elec] Attempting to attack HardHead: 60 HP [Open] (Metal).
*Subtype Ability; Gust: Attempting to pull Eleball:80 HP (Metal).
3: Battle chip; Sword: Damage: 80 + Slashing Accuracy: B Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks after 6 uses. Attempting to attack Eleball:80 HP (Metal).

Gilmore's Summary[i][/i]
1: Backpedaling on the walkway.

Party Status[i][/i]
=Saliki.exe=
-HP:140 + [20hp casing]
-Terrain: Metal
-Sword 5/6 uses.
- Williwaw coming off cool down.
- Ephemeral armor 1TCD.

=Gilmore.sp=
-HP: 40 + [20HP barrier]
-Terrain: Metal.
Drawing some arcane glyphs in the air, Saluki immediately summoned the Arrow Elebee pseudo-virus, which lunged at the HardHead to delete it immediately. The Eleball was not so fortunate either, being cleaved in half shortly after with a Sword battlechip.

-- ENEMIES --
HardHead: DELETED
Twisty: DELETED
Eleball: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
Gilmore.SP: 40 HP (Metal) (20 HP Barrier)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Metal (Walkway)
40% Glass (Either side)

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

[RemoteBit1] Battlechip, 240z, 11 BugFrags
With the viruses dispatched Saluki sheathed the blade and gave her hair a faint flick. "Well you are still intact that is a good sign. Well do whatever it is you do." she had to survey the battlefield, count the zenny and inspect the spoils.

Gilmore gave a faint nod before he started to examine the bug fragments. Sorta nudging one with a foot before it was absorbed into his program; which caused him to squeak loudly and draw Sally's glance. "Sorry it's my first time." he admitted. Nevertheless he was able to use them to bolster his own strength.

"Ah...Kari there is a control tower left over; I have no idea how to use it." a chip is a chip is a chip; still a tech cross was starting to sound mighty appealing right now.

[requesting second battle]
While Saluki and Gilmore tried to establish a good relationship, they came across something that was quiet opposite. A lone Swordy was bullying a group of Rattys with its electric sword, terrorizing them into doing tricks and such for its own enjoyment. However, despite their mistreatment, the Rattys sniffed out the navi and immediately directed their rage at the innocent Saluki!

Swordy-E: 80 HP
RattyA: 60 HP
RattyB: 60 HP
RattyC: 60 HP

Terrain: 100% Solar

Saluki.EXE: 140 HP
Gilmore.SP: 40 HP

-BATTLE TWO, START!-
[Sorry about the delay, my monitor broke so I salvaged an old one, figured it was a good sign to take a break from role playing; played a bit of LoL/DnD. Should have made a thread about it; I'm sorry I do plan to post regularly now! Gilmore should be at 50hp by the way; I remember my last mod chat about it when I put in the thread for his last upgrades. He was at full health when I got the upgrade so there was no reason he shouldn't be at full health now I just can't remember what mod I got that quote from.]

Sullen thankfully loaded in two chips to give them some cover and give them time to could formulate a plan. Rock cube was loaded in first; followed by their new toy remobit1. The large square cube came down via a bright beam of light; giving the pair some temporary covering. The control tower came down behind them followed by the launching of the satellite bit.

"They are completely feral and not worth redemption; sometimes they show signs of intelligence but do not be fooled because they are inherently hostile!" she whispered to him. Gilmore couldn't help but give the remote bit tower antenna a teeny flick; making it sway like a cat toy or a bobble head. Truth be told both of them were unsure how to use it properly or if it will just fire on its own.

Finally Saluki gave a faint annoyed sounding huff; puff and waffs of smoke billowed from her nose and mouth too slowly surround Gilmore with a protective barrier "Just be ready to move; I only know how the mean one fights, I have no idea about the ratlings. No offense to you."

"None taken." he bent his knees to make sure he was ready to move; and dare not peer from behind the cube. But at least he got to watch the satellite fly around.

Saluki's Summary [i][/i]
1: Battle Chip; Rockcube: HP: 200 Properties: Normal. Duration: Until end of battle or destroyed. Element: Null. Attempting to place it in front of Saluki.exe.
2: Battle Chip; RemoteBit1 [HP: 100 Anchored Object Damage: 100 + Impact Damage. Method: Telekinesis Attack Damage: 80 + panel break Accuracy: B. Summons a Control Tower in your area and a Remote Bit to rain down lightning upon the enemy. Duration: 3 turns or until destroyed Element: Ele] attempting to place the Control tower Behind Gilmore.sp; Remote Bit1 attempting to attack Ratty A?
3: Signature Ability; Williwaw: 20 hp barrier On Gilmore.sp.

Gilmore's Summary [i][/i]
1: Attempting a Dodge.

Party Status[i][/i]
-Saluki.EXE: 140 HP
- Williwaw 1TCD.

=Gilmore.sp=
-Gilmore.SP: 40 HP+ [20hp Barrier]

=Objects=
- Rock cube: HP: 200
- RemoteBit1: HP: 100
Summoning a RockCube to protect herself as well as a RemoteBit for attacking purposes, Saluki had it pretty made. The Swordy teleported up to the RockCube, and sliced at it with its energy sword. However, its extremely resilient properties allowed it to resist the sword with nothing but a small crack. One of the Ratty had a Remote Bit strike down upon it, deleting it instantly. The Ratty released their curious ratty missiles towards the bit's Control Tower, which exploded pretty spectacularly. Fortunately, the tower was resilient, and withstood the attack. It wouldn't stay that way for very long, though.

Swordy-E: 80 HP
RattyA: DELETED
RattyB: 60 HP

RockCube: 185 HP
RemoteBit1 C. Tower: 40 HP [2]

Gilmore.SP: 40 HP [20 HP Barrier]
Honestly the explosions where unnerving for Gilmore; enough to make him squeak and nearly jump out of his skin. For now Saluki remained stoic to the ratty's advances; thanks to the objects soaking the virus's attacks. Thankfully there was the added insight of how the viruses attack; and sullen formulated a quick plan.

First things first the satellite slowly chugged onto its next target; another Ratty. The quickest way for Saluki to reach the Swordy was to simply air step and avoid the rock cube completely! Bending her legs and wriggling her butt from side to side before she jumped; the flourish kicked up enough air to propel her high altitude and to make both hers and Gilmores clothing billow about dramatically.

With the navigator gracefully descending via the updraft, it gave Sullen time to load in another chip; Fire hit. Sally's hands ignited into two vaguely boxing glove shaped fireballs; which she immediately swung a heavy left and right upon landing.

When Gilmore found himself temperately alone; he followed Saluki's previous advice about staying spry. Running was too risky; he didn't want to get caught in the path of one of those adorable missiles. He was just astounded at how energetic and busy the EXE was; it made him feel so lethargic in comparison. After all he had no idea about if the viruses where going to suddenly change their minds or how long that temporary cover would last hopefully playing defensively would draw little attention to him.

Saluki's Summary [i][/i]
*Battle Chip; Remote Bit 1: Attempting to attack Ratty B
1: Tactical Movement; Air step: Attempting to jump to Swordy-E
2: FireHit1 Damage: 60 + Impact + Double Attack Accuracy: A. Attempting to attack Swordy-E
3: FireHit1 Damage: 60 + Impact + Double Attack Accuracy: A. Attempting to attack Swordy-E

1: Attempting to Dodge.

Party Status[i][/i]
-Saluki.EXE: 140 HP
- Williwaw coming off cool down

=Gilmore.sp=

=Objects=
- Rock cube: HP: 185
- RemoteBit1: HP: 40 (1)

The Remote Bit continued to descend upon the hapless viruses with its electrical thunderbolt, striking them down like flies. The Swordy attempted to retaliate, but Saluki was swift with her flurry of fists, and took it down as well. The remaining Ratty launched a tiny rat-missile at her, but it missed along the way. However, the smart bomb turned back on its path, heading for Saluki to attempt another hit!

Swordy-E: DELETED
RattyB: DELETED

RemoteBit1 C. Tower: 40 HP [1]
Ratty Missile: 30 HP [Heading towards Saluki]

Gilmore.SP: 40 HP [20 HP Barrier]
[Hope you had a good weekend!]

Needless to say Saluki was impressed with the Remote Bit's performance and she was going to let it continue to rain down lightning till the chip finished. Finally Gilmore was starting to relax and even got anxious enough to try and get a better view for himself; trying to climb the rock cube to get a better vantage point.

Sullen loaded in a Recovery chip, it wasn't to be used on Saluki it was to be used on Gilmore! The Support program would become surrounded by a meter or two wide glyph; divided by several triangles with the rims laced with runic symbols. The area around him started dotting, popping and outright sparkling with chromatic blue's or green's partials before finally he was healed in a flash of northern lights.

Saluki was concerned with the near hit so she took the time to protect herself. With a single ring of her bell she became surrounded in semi-transparent casing. Half plate, winged helmet and mail skirt with the plates, curves, grooves, links, rings and joints where clearly outlined and defined; leaving the gaps transparent. Despite the sheer and lightweight look the magical armor indeed offered another layer of protection; besides it was hard to fit for a proper helmet with a snout and canine ears!

"Watch out!" Gilmore shouted to Saluki after that missile changed direction and made a second attempt at the Navigate. She didn't exactly have time to evade it, let alone risk it blowing up somewhere else; so she did the next best thing. She braced herself by digging her toes in and crossing her arms in front of her to await the missile.

Saluki's Summary [i][/i]
*Battle Chip; Remote Bit 1: Attempting to attack Ratty C
1: Battle Chip; Recover30: Recovery30 HP, Accuracy: S. On Gilmore.SP
2: Signature Ability; Ephemeral armor: 20 hp casing on self.
3: NCP; Block: Self.

1: Attempting to climb atop the rock cube.

Party Status[i][/i]
-Saluki.EXE: 140 HP+ [20hp Casing]
- Ephemeral Armor: 1 TCD.

=Gilmore.sp=

=Objects=
- Rock cube: HP: 185
- RemoteBit1: HP: 40 (0)
Commanding the Remote Bit to destroy the very last Ratty, it went to do exactly that, except the Ratty saw the satellite-like device coming, and dodged the hit! It then retaliated with another missile, though its targeting program must have been hilariously screwed, as both it and its precedent swished around Saluki without actually hitting anything. The earlier one exploded harmlessly, while the other continued to spin around.

Swordy-E: DELETED
RattyB: DELETED

Ratty Missile: 30 HP [Heading towards Saluki]

Saluki.EXE: 140 HP [20 HP Casing] [Block]
Gilmore.SP: 50 HP [20 HP Barrier]