Back to back in the Scilab network

<(o.O Brave souls, I'll give you that...>:3 )>

The pair walks on after defeating the glitched virus, both rather worse for the wear. As they proceed, they happen upon another very large group of virii.

KabutankA 80HP
KabutankB 80HP
KabutankC 80HP
KabutankD 80HP
CactyA 70HP
CactyB 70HP
CactyC 70HP
MysteryData 50HP
ElecogreA 120HP
ElecogreB 120HP

Machman 21HP

XIII 25HP

Terrain: 100% Metal

BATTLEROUTINE...SET>>>EXECUTE
Machman sees a large group of viruses approach.

Viruses identified! Count 9. One mystery data packet identified. Permission to engage?

[Recovering health and defense is highest priority. Recovery10, Boomerang, and Guard1 chips downloaded. Engage!]

Machman activates the Recovery chips and stands close to XIII.

Alright, XIII. Stand still for a moment.

Both Navi's are covered in a green glow that slowly subsides; both Navi's feeling a bit refreshed.

XIII, I'll handle the Elecogres. You torch the Cactys and come back to my Guard shield! Just don't attack the mystery data!

Machman winds up as a boomerang forms in his hand. He aims at the group of viruses; specifically the Elecogres. He whips the boomerang towards the viruses. The green disk hums as it zips through the air and into the group. It passes through and makes a tight left turn and make a return trip through the viruses. He reaches out and catches the boomerang as his wings move into defensive positions.

Alright, XIII. Fall back!

Machman steadies himself and braces for impact behind his shield.

ACTIONS:
Recovery10: XIII.EXE (Recover 10HP)
Recovery10: Machman.EXE (Recover 10HP)
Boomerang + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: Elecogre A,B, KabutankA (70dmg{140dmg to Elecogres} Wood)
Guard1: Machman.EXE + XIII.EXE (Reflect attacks + 60dmg)
"Heh, I'm starting to wonder jsut who's in charge here. Remi, give me a good one!" XIII said whilst stifling a laugh. "Ok, take 'em all out at once. Elec reel, slot in!" Kasumi yelled, shoving the chip into the slot.

XIII was already in motion, his hand blurring to his sword. Launching himself up in the air over the first row, he slammed the blade into the ground when he landed, causing the surge of electricity to rush towards the three Cactys. As he turned to run back, he took a couple of pot-shot swings at two of the kabutanks as he passed by and made one final push out behind Machman's guard.

Summary
ElecReel1 (80 dmg, Elec) To CactyA,B,C
Slash to KabutankA (8)
Slash to KabutankB (8)
Dodge (to behind Machman's guard)
Dodge (extra for consecutive melee attacks)
Machman heals the group, then he deals some hurt to the viruses. He then puts up a shield. XIII deletes two of the Cactys, then slashes at the two Kabutanks before returning behind Machman's defense. A Kabutank fires, but it's attack is reflected, deleting itself. The Cacty attacks as well, but XIII dodges, but Machman is standing still! Ooh~ that's going to leave something in. The other two Kabutanks attack the Mystery Data for amusement.

KabutankA DELETED
KabutankB 72HP
KabutankC 80HP
KabutankD 80HP
CactyA ZAPPED
CactyB ELECTRIFIED
CactyC 70HP
ElecogreA SLICED
ElecogreB BOOMERANG'D

MysteryData 10HP

Machman 11HP
XIII 35HP

Machman takes a step back from taking a light hit from the Cacty. Machman snarls under his mask, he is no longer amused by these viruses.

Requesting Guard1, Heatshot, and Sword chips

[Chips uploaded. Show them no mercy!]

Machman's wings snap forward and pair up; emitting targeting lasers at the Cacty. The red plasma orbs begin to form with a dull hum. The plasma becomes fully charged and is blasted towards the Cacty with blinding speed. XIII, the Cacty, and Machman are all illuminated by the now subsiding red glow.

Machman's wings return to their normal positions to cool down as Machman prepares a Heatshot chip. He lines up two of the Kabutanks in his sights and fires a flaming round at them. The projectile explodes in a fireball; then spreads outwards and torching everything in it's path. Machman dashes forward and activates his sword chip.

Machman zooms towards the last Kabutank and brings his cyan energy blade back. As he gets close, he swings the sword diagonally at the Kabutank. He continues past the Kabutank and flies back to his position next to XIII. He returns to his defensive stance as his last yellow Guard1 shield loads up.

ACTIONS:
Thrust Laser + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: CactyC (70dmg 2TCD)
Heatshot: KabutankC,D (80dmg Fire{due to Metal terrain})
Sword: KabutankB (80dmg)
Guard1: XIII.EXE + Machman.EXE (Reflect attack + 60dmg)
((Sorry for the delay. I had to study for a Japanese test.))

"XIII, lets take those Kabutanks out! Shot gun, slot in! Heatshot, slot in!"

XIII's hands turned into the tell-tale shotgun barrels, and he took off. Taking a bead, he fired both of them at Kabutank B and C, making good use of the splash damage.

"Now double back to that Cacty! Rage claw, slot in!" Kasumi's voice came through again. Before XIII's hands could turn to normal, they were already shifting to the massive bear claws of the chip. He immediately changed direction and delivered two slashes before bounding back to their side.

Summary
Shotgun (50) to Kabutank B and C
Heatshot (40 + 5 fire) to Kabutank B and C
Rage claw (40) to Cacty
Rage claw (40) to Cacty
Dodge (extra for consecutive melee)
((Bump))
Machman flies through, deleting virus by virus with his attacks. XIII attacks, but he hits nothing, as Machman KS'ed him. D:<
The Mystery data opens to reveal...
A BOMB! OSHIZ! The bomb explodes dealing damage to both Machman and XIII. (10)

KabutankA DELETED
KabutankB SWORDED
KabutankC FLAMED
KabutankD SHRAPNELED
CactyA ZAPPED
CactyB ELECTRIFIED
CactyC LASERED
ElecogreA SLICED
ElecogreB BOOMERANG'D

MysteryData GET

Machman 1HP
XIII 25HP

-VICTORY-
Machman Get: LilBomb
XIII Get: Cactball1
XIII rushed over to the fallen machman, pulling him up and supporting him. "Mach, are you ok? That was quite a it. Look, next time, don't worry about me, just heal yourself."
Randomly, the two feel a boost of companionship.

FXP: 2 static
1 for healing
1 for sharing defenses
((What the? Jeez! Someone wants my navi deleted...))

Machman looks back at XIII as the viruses crumble, only to be caught completely off guard by the mystery data exploding in their vicinity! Machman is grazed by the explosion and falls to the ground, his body blackened by the explosion. He lays on his back, trying to shrug off the pain.

Heh... This just isn't my day, now is it?

Machman stands with XIII's help and tries to keep steady.

Thanks, XIII. That was kind of a rough one. Didn't expect the data to be booby-trapped...

((Could we possibly get a heal? I don't really care if the battle count resets; I think we both want to be able to get at least enough FXP for a level 1 cross.))
((All we need to do is beat one more. Were at 28 FPX. What do you propose we do?))

"No one would have been able to tell that. Thats why They call it mystery data; you don't know what's inside. And please, I wish I could look as good as you on my off days." XIII said, putting supporting him with his shoulder as they continued. There was what appeared to be a small structure in the near distance, with programs and a couple navis just barely discernible. "I was programed really realistically for some reason, so I bruise, bleed, sometimes even break something. Its nothing that a cure or heal can't fix up, but I definitely show it more than other navis."

He looked up noticing the structure. "Hey, we're almost there. Can you hold on longer?"
Machman looks up and a strange object catches his eye. It almost looks like a building, but different.

Huh... What is that?

[It's strange, I can't seem to figure out exactly what it is...]

((Kenshin, I know a while ago you could do a jack in, jack out deal where all you do is just heal up; I think the battle counter resets. Is that true, Revivedsin?))
((Ahem, more than welcome to jack out and then return so as to heal your Navi. However, the battle counter will reset. If you don't mind returning to a Round 1 battle, then feel free.))
((Is it okay with you, Kenshin? Its fine with me. {Thanks, Zanallen}))
((Ahh yes, forgot about that. Sure why not. So do we jack bak in on the same thread?))

"XIII, this is too much, not jsut for you, but for Machman's sake as well. I'm jacking you out, but don't worry, I'll take you right back in there, ok?"

Kasumi's navi looked at Machman, who he had to support jsut to keep them walking. *sigh*"I guess your right Kasumi. Ok, we'll jack out."

Kasumi hit the jack out switch on her PET ans XIII was forcibly ejected back into the device. XIII's operator disengaged her PET From the computer and threw her chips in her bag.
"Hey where are we going, Remii?" The navi's face looked a little concerned at his operator's actions.
"XIII, I said we'd get you back in there. But doing it from here will take too long, and leave you way too open. I'm going to the source."
"Scilab? But wouldn't it just be easier to notify the security there?"

Kasumi scoffed as she headed out the door, running towards the metroline and hopped the entry gate. "Please, the reason we were getting to security was because you were far to injured to take him on yourself. Now that your going in full on healed, we're not letting that bastard get away with this."
XIII smiled. "Heh, I was thinking the same thing. I'll send a message to Mazer about what we're doing." He said, punching in an email to the interface in the PET.
Machman sits down and watches as XIII jacks out. Mazer's chat window pops up.

[Machman, Jack out. We will return here shortly. Wait... I just got an email from Ms. Misumaru. She is going to SciLab itself! She wants us to follow her. Lets go!]

Wakarimashita.

Machman looks up as he begins to glow. His body molds into a blue beam and rockets out of the net and into the PET. Mazer quickly disconnects the cord and puts his battlechips in to his new chip "magazine" devise he just made. He quickly heads out the door of his apartment to a bus stop as Machman comes up on the PET screen, now fully re-powered.
(jsut started a thread in Scilab for the real world interaction.))
(Returned from real world)

From deep in SciLab Net, two lights begin to shine high above the net floor. One of these lights, a blue pillar of energy, falls straight to the floor and impacts silently. The blue pillar remains on the net floor and starts to change. Some sections of the beam stretches out while others shrink and curve inward. The beam contorts itself into an angular form.

The glowing light is replaced with the gleaming armor of Machman.EXE. He stands motionless and eyes closed. Four little specs of data pop up around him and flicker in the air. They then flash and expand into long, sharp wings. The blue wings are suspended in the air and start to spin around him. His glowing blue eyes open, his pupils focusing with a mechanical whir.
Nothing happened for a few seconds, and then another flash of light occurred. XIII was sitting in a meditative position with his eyes closed, his sword on the ground next to him.

"Hmm, odd. we entered the net at the same time, but it took me longer to format onto the mainframe." he said without opening his eyes. He sighed, and picked up his sword, attaching it to the strap on his side, and stood up. "Ok, good, we're right at it. Just a moment Mach."

XIII walked over to the security station and flagged down one of the programs. After a few minute explanation, the program entered the station, and a second later, several more of them shot out from it in every direction, sirens blaring like police cars. XIII walked back to Mach.

"Ok, I notified them of the situation, and they're taking care of it for the most part. At the very least, they're efforts will keep our... guest.... distracted, and thus we'll be spreading his forces thin in the beginning."

The navi started pacing around in a circle, thinking about the situation. "That means that we have to find him before he realizes we are the only true threat again. But if we get the drop on it, he'll realize that all too late...."

He smiled devilishly for a second, and stopped pacing. His look was that of epiphany; he just realized something. ".... I just figured out where he is. Think, he let the viruses out of their containment cells, not just to attack any trespassers, but to divert attention away from the true hiding spot. While everyone involved would be searching the rest of the net for the escaped viruses, he'd be holed up in the one place he needed to be, the one place no one would be searching: the virus containment area!"