Back to back in the Scilab network

I'm good, XIII. Mazer went and got me some Recovery chips to put me back at full power!

Machman retrieves some zenny data but pauses and looks back to XIII. His playful personality is replaced with a serious and stern voice.

You keep mumbling about someone, and not referring to me or the viruses we fought... Is there something I should know about?

A comm window opens up next to Machman, and Mazer's face comes into view.

[I would also like to know if there is something deeper; something different than just normal viral activity. Care to fill us in, Miss Misumaru?]

Mazer's voice is also serious, but not a trace of hostility can be found in either of their statements.
Kasumi looked at them quite seriously. "Well, its not that I know anything, its just a major hunch thats all. The virus formations are too well organized, not really the kind you'd find around here, especially considering the security."

XIII finished logging the money data into his system and nodded. "Yeah, its just a sort of feeling you get after running into this sort fo thing. We hang out on the scilab server alot, because dad works here, and you can sort of tell when the patterns are different than normal."

"Well, whatever it is, I think we're safe for now. Lets keep moving, 'kay Mach?" XIII began walking deeper, but despite the laid back tone and expression in his voice, his eyes betrayed a nervous vigilance. They had been lucky so far, but the waves were getting progressively harder, so head try his best to make sure that they came out ok. Scilab was more dangerous than usual today. "So, where are you from, Mach? I don't think I ever asked you."
I see, you have a lot more experience with this place than us.

[We have just recently moved here from overseas. I got a job as a pilot instructor in Netopia, so I accepted. You?]

As for me, I originated as a NormalNavi but Mazer found some weird data floating in the net. Supposedly it was a "ghost" of a deleted navi. It merged with my programming, resulting in my current form and large increases in power!
Kasumi thought a moment about that. "huh? Hmm, interesting. I'd love to study that phenomena, its so rare that a ghost data appears, let alone merges itself with a navi."

"I don't have that kind of back ground like you do. I've jsut always been Remii's navi, ever since I can remember. I think I'm just a regular custom navi." XIII said. He thought a second there and then added... "Although, I find it rather odd that when I nearly got deleted last time, dad took so long to repair me. He kept refusing me when I jsut said to reformat me, said it was impossible or something..."

"Actually, I'm only a highschool student." Kasumi continued. "I've always lived here, just like my dad who grew up here as well, and grandpa too. And like XIII said, he's always been my navi.... you know, its funny you mention that, I can't remember a time when we weren't together either, XIII."

"Well, maybe we should dad when I was created. He might also be able to tell us why I suddenly flipped out in ACD---" He stopped mid sentence, hand flying to his sword hilt. "Somethings not right again. Get ready."

((ready for next battle.))
Machman crouches down with his buster already formed as XIII quickly grabs his sword.

Bring it.

((Also ready for battle #4))

Machman: 100HP
A lot of viruses this time.

KabutankA: 80 HP
KabutankB: 80 HP
KabutankC: 80 HP
StarfishA: 60 HP
StarfishB: 60 HP
ElecOgreA: 120 HP
ElecOgreB: 120 HP
ElecOgreC: 120 HP
ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
Windbox: 100 HP
DBLCUBE: 100 HP (Blue)

Terrain: 100% Metal

XIII.exe: 100 HP
Machman.exe: 100 HP

-SUPER DIFFICULT FIGHT-
-BATTLE 4-
-FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!-
XIII gritted his teeth, seeing the massive wave come at them. "See what I mean Mach. This many viruses don't just doesn't appear at random, anywhere, except for maybe the under net. And this is supposed to be a secure network!"
"XIII!" Kasumi's voice came through the link suddenly. "That windbox could be a hazard if left alone. Take it out first! Firehit1 Slot int!"

XIII zig-zaged through the lines, coming in close to the wind box, and he delivered a burning punch, the air sizzling around it like iron taken out of a furnace. "Alright, XIII and a follow up slash! Rage claw, slot in!"

Without even enough time to let the wound he inflicted cool, the claw that his and formed into dug deep at the gash. He turned back to run to their side, taking another swipe at ElecOgreA as he passed.

Summary
Firehit1 (60 + 5 fire) Windbox
Rage Claw (40) Windbox
Rage Claw (40) ElecOgreA
Dodge
Dodge (extra for consecutive melee)
Viruses identified! Count: 12! Permission to engage?

[Boomerang, Sword, Shotgun, and Guard chips in! Engage!]

Machman's buster clicks and grows slightly larger, heavier. His now ready shotgun points towards the viruses, and Machman quickly aims towards the two Starfish viruses. The shotgun goes off, spewing a charged energy round at the viruses in a shallow arc.

Machman then winds his arm up, boomerang in hand, and whips it towards the viruses. The boomerang buzzes through the air and into the group of viruses before flying past and turning back. After another quick pass through the viruses, it returns to Machman. He snaps it out of the air, he has learned quickly how to most effectively catch such a potentially hazardous weapon.

His wing thrusters kick on and he boosts towards one Elecogre, energy sword ready. He stops in front of the Elecogre and slashes diagonally at it. He then jumps back, does a little backflip, and touches down.

XIII! Fall in behind me!

Machman widens his stance as his wings cross in front of him. The yellow guard shield quickly forms, covering Machman (and hopefully XIII) from enemy fire.

ACTIONS:
Shotgun + Untapped Power{+10dmg}: StarfishA,B (60dmg + Splash)
Boomerang1: ElecogreB,C, ChampuA (60dmg Wood
Sword: ElecogreA (80dmg)
Guard1: Machman.EXE + XIII.EXE (Reflect attacks + 60dmg)
XIII delivers his first punch, beating up the Windbox, then swipes with his Rageclaw, and misses the box, but successfully hits the ElecOgre. Machman manages to take out two ElecOgres and a Starfish and his Boomerang misses the Champu by miles due to the ever blowing wind. He struggles to attack the last ElecOgre as the wind was against him, but he manages, and finishes XIII's job. The two hide behind a Guard after that. The DBLCUBE heals it's injured allies with a calm blue light, and the Champus greedily attack, one having it's attack reflected back and another missing.

KabutankA: 80 HP
StarfishA: DELETED
StarfishB: 20 HP
ElecOgreA: DELETED
ElecOgreB: DELETED
ElecOgreC: DELETED
ChampuA: 40 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
Windbox: 45 HP
DBLCUBE: 100 HP (Blue)

XIII.exe: 100 HP [Rageclaw]
Machman.exe: 100 HP [Sword]
"That cube heals?!" XIII exclaimed in much surprise. "Damn, must be infected residual data for one of the experiments around here. Mach, take that one out! I'm going to get that windbox before it messes up any more of our shots!"

He dashes forward again, using a duck and weave maneuver, making it back to the windbox. his rage claw was still active, which he used to take two swipes at it, and then retreated. On the way back, he also did a passing slash to ChampuA and StarfishB before taking cover behind the shield.

"Don't worry Mach!" He yelled over the sounds of the claws grating on the viruses. "This seems like a last ditch effort! Who ever is causing these viruses is going to slip up very soon, and thats going to be our true strike!"

Summary
Rage claw (40) Windbox
Rage claw (40) Windbox
Rage claw (40) ChampuA
Rage claw (40) StarfishB
Dodge (extra for consecutive melee attacks)
Roger, I'll take out the cube! Mazer, requesting Heatshot and Zapring chips!

[Battlechips uploaded, use of thrust laser approved! Continue engagement.]

Machman's wings begin to move into artillery mode, pairing up and pointing away from Machman. His right arm transforms into a strange rectangular buster with two metal loops extending from it's front. He lines up the Zapring launcher on the DBLCUBE. His wings' targeting lasers paint a Champu virus as well.

Machman fires a yellow, halo-like projectile at the DBLCUBE as the plasma builds up between the wings. The halo impacts and erupts with a spray of sparks and electric discharge. The plasma, now fully charged, is sent forward through the targeting lasers by a trigger explosion and streaks towards the Champu in an almost blinding red glow.

Machman's white-hot wings return to attack positions and rapidly cool behind him. Machman's ZapRing launcher changes into a red vent-covered buster. He lines up two of the untouched Kabutanks in his cross-hairs and fires. The fire-imbued projectile rockets out of the buster, causing a large cone of heat and flames to appear around the buster's barrel. The projectile then explodes into searing flames and continues to travel past it's target, scorching everything in its way.

Machman jumps into the air and climbs with the help of his wing thrusters. He continues to watch the viruses as he turns and dives unpredictably to avoid any oncoming fire.

ACTIONS:
ZapRing1: DBLCUBEA (80dmg Elec {Metal Terrain} + Stun)
Thrust Laser: ChampuB (60dmg + 2 TCD)
Heatshot: KabutankA,B (80dmg Fire {Metal Terrain} + Splash)
Dodge
XIII defeats the Windbox in a matter of seconds with his Rageclaw. He also takes out the other two viruses, then gets ready to dodge.
Machman blasts the DBLCUBE into stunning, and reverts it from the serene blue to a fiery red. He kills a Champu, but only manages to destroy one Kabutank.
The remaining Kabutanks retaliate, but miss.

KabutankA: DELETED
StarfishB: DELETED
ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
Windbox: DELETED
DBLCUBE: 20 HP (Red) (Stunned)

XIII.exe: 100 HP [Rageclaw]
Three remaining, requesting boomerang and cannon chips.

[Chips uploaded. Keep up the good work, Machman!]

Machman's right hand transforms into a large cannon, exactly like the one the CannonDumb viruses use. He swoops down towards a Kabutank and draws his cannon. He passes by the Kabutank, blasting it at close range with his cannon. The concussive blast causes Machman to move several feet backwards, but then continues is airborne assault.

Machman prepares a second boomerang, and whips it towards the remaining viruses. The boomerang slices through the air and turns back to Machman. He catches the boomerang and brings up his buster. He pulls off a shot and then turns to XIII.
Alright, XIII. Your turn!
ACTIONS:
Cannon: KabutankC (40dmg)
Boomerang1+Untapped Power {+10dmg}: KabutankB,C, DBLCUBE (70dmg Wood)
Buster: KabutankB (8dmg)
Cheer XIII
((<throws a sheep at Grim> YOU'VE ONLY GOT ONE SWORD! IT WAS OVERRIDDEN ALREADY! D:< ))
((My apologies, above post edited. *dusts wool and sheep crud off shirt*))
XIII grinned as he ran forward and his operator was rummaging around for the chips. "Hey! Thats my line Machman!"
"Ok XIII, big finish!" Kasumi said through the comlink. "ElecReel1, Slot in!"

The navi had already run up to the front line and slammed the shot downwards at the remaining Kabutank, the surge engulfing the two enemies in electricity aided by the metal floor. The moment XIII's feet touched ground, he was running towards the back line, his sword charged, and drew the fiery blade onto the block. XIII turned and gave a thumbs up to Mach, re-sheathing his sword.

Summary
ElecReel (80Elec + Metal terrain) to KabutankB/C
Charge
Charge
Charge Slash (32 dmg + Fire) to DblCube
They die.

KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: DELETED
KabutankC: DELETED
StarfishB: DELETED
ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
Windbox: DELETED
DBLCUBE: DELETED

XIII.exe: 100 HP

-VICTORY-
XIII Get: 500z
Machman Get: 700z
FXP: 3 Static
1 for Sharing Defenses
1 for Cheering
1 for Teamwork
"Man, I didn't think we'd make it out of there unscathed." XIII said as he punched the zenny data into the PET's bank system. "But it did do some good. That wave, it was clearly a desperation move. There was little rhyme or reason to that line up, more like it was just a 'crush with sheer power' maneuver."

XIII's face still hadn't relaxed. On the contrary, he practically looked like someone was going to suddenly burst from the shadows any minute now and attack them. "But he played one of his trump cards, whoever he is, and it failed miserably. Don't put your buster away just yet. I have a feeling that the next battle is going to be sudden, unexpected, and the hardest yet. Thats usually the case when you corner an animal, and the same can be said for many navis."
Agreed, I was battling in ADCD a few days ago. After 4 relatively easy battles, I got ambushed by 3 HeelNavis and squeaked by with 1HP. Not a fun day. I don't know about you, but these prolonged battles are causing me to almost run out of chips. The next one will be really interesting...

Machman combs through the wreckage and retrieves some Zenny data. He uploads it to the PET and turns back to XIII.

XIII. I was looking at some police reports and I found something really peculiar. Supposedly during long periods of virus busting in the net, Navi's have been encountering some weird data. According to the report; if defeated in battle, the data can be rebuilt as a support program! Have you heard of stuff like that before?
"Support program huh? Navi Data? Hmmm, sounds like dad mentioned it before." Kasumi said in her thinking tone of voice, as the screen popped up once again.

"Yeah, don't you remember?" XIII asked. "He said that some navi's are even capable of absorbing data from navi's their familiar with. And sometimes when you defeat certain navi, the residual data can be turned into a chip form."
*snaps fingers in realization* "Oh yeah now I remember. He liked to call them soul crossing and ghost-data-something-or-other. I forget that last one. Its been a while since he spoke about that one."

XIII though a moment. "Wait, police reports? You mean its been documented? back when we heard about it, it was just a speculation, a theory dad and some other researchers were working on. I didn't think there was any thing substantial on it.... wait how did you get to see police reports? Aren't those confidential?"