Back to back in the Scilab network

[Don't worry, the police "report" was in the form of a public announcement they made a few weeks ago. We doubt we could get our hands on secret information.]

Besides, I'm not really the hacking type.

[One thing that troubles me is that there is no information on what this data may look like or what it's combat abilities are. I guess they come in a multitude of different forms.]

(Ready for battle #5)
((GUESS WHAT KIDS?
No SU's unless you're busting by yourself. :'D))
Machman and XIII discuss science and technology as they trek further into the SciLabs network. Suddenly a loud moan can be heard, it sounded more like a "meep" but it was deep and bellowing nonetheless.
Trudging out from the net comes... a giant Metool.
Shit.

|\/|3700|_: 700 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

XIII.exe: 100 HP
Machman.exe: 100 HP

-IT'S SHOWTIME-
-BATTLE 5-
-ACTION!-
"Holy @#$%!..... wait, it seems like i should know about this..." Kasumi said, changing tones suddenly. "XIII, check my messages quickly."

XIII brought up the data and looked at it. "Oh here's one from dad. Lets see.... 'Dear Kasumi and XIII, I wanted to remind you to be careful in the SciLab network this week. We were experimenting on viruses of abnormal size and ability, and a giant mettool broke out along with some others. Stay safe! love -Dad.'..... wow.... should have checked mail this morning, huh?"
"ooooh! Enough of that! Look , jsut kill it ok!" Kasumi sounded a little annoyed that she had completely missed that message.

XIII knew this would be prime oppertunity to get hits in, before it went under its shell. He drew his sword in the reverse do stance of his signature attack.
"Yes ma'am! Legendary Blade!"

The blade erupted once again into flame and blurred as it flew in the air towards the mettool, but he wasn't done yet. As if flowing from one into another, the flaming blade tip found the sheath, and the sheat began charging. Less than a second later, he was already drawing the sword in a battou attack, the flames still hissing in the air from where it past.

Not wanting to stay that close any longer, he dashed backwards, still at the ready.

Summary
Legendary Blade (60 Dmg, fire, 3 turn cool-down) to |\/|3700|_
Charge
Charge
Charge attack (32 dmg, fire) to |\/|3700|_
Dodge (extra for consecutive melee attacks)
Woah. Virus identified! Permission to engage?

[Guard, Cannon, and Heatshot chips uploaded. Use of thrust laser approved. Engage!]

Machman's wings swing into artillery positions and begin to charge up. Machman raises his now cannon-like right hand and aims at the huge Metool. He fires the cannon and steadies himself for the oncoming plasma blasts.

The two ruby-red beams streak towards the Metool, continuing to retain full intensity until eventually dying down and leaving just a trail of scorched flooring and little sparks where the lasers used to be. Machman's glowing wings return to attack positions and begin to discharge a massive amount of heat.

Machman raises his right arm again, now changed into a red buster covered in cooling vents. He aims and fires the flaming projectile at the virus. He then pulls up a shield and calls out to XIII.

XIII! Use the shield; we have no idea what this thing is capable of!

ACTIONS

Cannon: |\/|3700|_ (40dmg)
Thrust Laser + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: |\/|3700|_ (70dmg 2TCD)
Heatshot: |\/|3700|_ (40dmg Fire)
Guard1: Machman.EXE + XIII.EXE (Reflect attacks + 60dmg)
XIII does some slicing and dicing to the giant metool, who quickly whacks him back, the swordsman doesn't dodge in time and is hit. Ouch.
Machman fires once, twice, then his last attack is guarded against, doing nothing. The giant Metool then sends a shockwave their way, but gets its attack reflected.

|\/|3700|_: 438 HP

XIII.exe: 25 HP
Machman.exe: 100 HP
XIII careens back from the metool landing on the ground just behind where Mach had set up the guard. He coughs several times, and what looked like blood came out, splattering onto the metal ground. "what the hell is this? *cough**cough* Ooh, Mach, you don't happen to have another of those heal chips, do ya. I kinda need it right now... *cough**cough*"

"Hang back for now, XIII" Kasumi said, pushing a few chips into the slot. "Cannon1, slot in! Shot gun, heat shot, standby-slot in!"

XIII managed to duck slightly out from behind the shield, bringing the barrel of the cannon in line with the mettool, and fires the shot off. It switches to the shot gun, and he lets of another burst round, and finally, it changes to the heat shot. His eyes are blurring a little bit from the pain, his arm is shaking a bit fro the recoil as well, but he manages to get the shot off before slumping back behind the guard.

"Heh, sorry I'm being so worthless right now mach... Watch out for the counter he does.."*Cough**cough* he says from his postion on the floor behind the guard, jsut as he coughs up some more blood.

Summary
Cannon (40) to |\/|3700|_
Shotgun (50) to |\/|3700|_
Heatshot (40 + 5 fire) to |\/|3700|_
Cheer on Mach from behind Guard
Machman is forced to watch as XIII takes a devastating blow from the giant Metool. To his surprise, he gets to his feet and returns to the now disappearing guard shield.

XIII! Just hang in there! We can take this thing!

Machman shifts his voice back to Mazer, trying to stay calm.

Requesting Shotgun, Boomerang, and ZapRing chips!

[Battlechips uploaded. We are counting on you, Machman!]

Just leave it to me!

Machman stares coldly at the Metool as his left hand changes into a shotgun. He quickly raises his hand and aims at the behemoth. After seeing the virus deflect attacks with it's helmet, he focuses his attack on a point right between its huge eyes.

He fires the energy-laden projectiles at the virus, and continues to steady his arm as it changes into a oddly shaped yellow launcher with two silver metal loops placed parallel to eachother. Machman feels the static electricity build up as the current is ramped up in the two metal loops. A bright yellow halo of electricity forms between the loops and begins to shake violently, trying to escape the launcher.

Still aiming at the point on the virus, he fires the ZapRing as a boomerang forms in his right hand. With his left hand still in the ZapRing launcher form, he winds up and throws the boomerang as fast as he could. The boomerang is just a green blur, humming a high-pitched tone and kicking up dust as it careens towards the Metool.

Machman immediately boosts after the boomerang. He swerves a good distance away from the Metool and gets behind it. The boomerang has already turned and hopefully passed through the huge Metool twice. It makes a second left turn and passes through the Metool's location as it returns to Machman. It tears through the air and zips into Machman's waiting hands. The force of the boomerang knocks him back a little when he catches it, but does not break his focus.

Machman with his blue eyes aglow, fires his thrusters at full power and soars over the colossal virus. He dives and slides to a stop next to XIII. He steps in front of XIII and widens his stance. His wings warm up again, ready to provide enough thrust to keep him from being knocked back from any retaliatory fire from the virus.

ACTIONS:

Shotgun: |\/|3700|_ (50dmg)
Zapring: |\/|3700|_(40dmg + stun Elec)
Boomerang + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: |\/|3700|_ (210dmg {70dmg x3: Virus so large could be hit multiple times?} Wood)
Block incoming fire in front of XIII
The attacks hit, the Boomerang only hits the giant Met once. It then trys to attack, stop because it's electrified, then ACTUALLY attacks, hitting Machman in the front, twice. Ouch.

|\/|3700|_: 143 HP

Machman.exe: 1 HP
((Um... doesn't the ZapRing stun for one turn?))
((One action. :'D))
((Son of a... crap.))

Machman's knees give out and he falls to the ground face down.

[Machman! Machman!!!]

Machman shudders and turns his head to side.

Hmm... Battle 5 and I am in the red... how original. Requesting two Recover10 chips and a boomerang.

[Alright. We were able to pull through last time. You can do this!]

The Recover10 chips activate, covering Machman in a soft green light. He slowly gets to his feet and tries to find his balance. He sways a little but finally steadies himself. His boomerang forms in his hand, ready to be thrown. Machman brings his arm back and throws, sending the boomerang towards the still stead-fast Metool.

XIII. We seem to be in the same boat here, just keep your distance and keep moving! We won't be bested by a single virus!

Machman turns back towards the virus and catches the boomerang before taking off and flying behind the Metool and taking evasive action.

ACTIONS:
Recover10: Machman.EXE (Recover 10HP)
Recover10: Machman.EXE (Recover 10HP)
Boomerang + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: |\/|3700|_ (70dmg Wood)
Dodge
*Cough*"Remi tell me how many chips we've got left." XIII said as he was leaned up against the guard. He knew he'd be receiving no healing aid from Mach man, who was worse off than XIII at this point.

"Hang in there XIII. Ok, we've got an ElecReel1, a rage claw, a Firehit1, and a zap ring." Kasumi said, quickly looking at the available chip selection.

"Give me the zap ring and the ElecReel, that should help me cover Mach." XIII said. Kasumi slotted in the chips, his right hand turned into the plug-like gun that usually fired these electrical weapons. XIII managed to stand up again, cringing at the pain. This wouldn't be easy, firing off the attacks, but he had to cover Mach. His guard would be compromised the moment he left it.

He gathered up his remaining strength and ran out from behind the guard, taking a bead with his gun. The first shot went off, a zapring, heading straight for the mettool.
"Machman, take cover! I've got your back!"

The second shot was a bit more difficult. He pulled out his sword, which was already charged with electricity, and slammed the blade into the ground, the massive surging current flying towards the mettool. He kept bobbing and weaving to avoid any attacks, making sure to keep his distance.

Summary
Zapring1 (40 + stun 1 + Elec/Metal Floor) at |\/|3700|_
ElecReel1 (80 + Elec/metal floor) At |\/|3700|_
Dodge
Dodge
The giant Metool lets out a hollow roar as it is wiped out from the attacks. The area glitches a bit, and the behemoth of a virus fades away, dropping something for Machman and XIII.

\/|3700|_: DEFEATED?

Machman.exe: 21 HP

-VICTORY-
Both Get: Guard1, 1000z
FXP: 1 for sharing defenses
1 for taking a hit
1 for cheering
2 for combo assaults.
Machman touches down and approaches the dying Metool. Buster drawn, he waits as the behemoth dissolves into the net; leaving behind some data.

And stay down! You alright, XIII?

Machman cautiously crouches down and picks up some zenny data and an additional guard1 data fragment with his left hand. He walks backwards to XIII, buster steady and sweeping the area for any additional opponents. He gets back to XIII and drops to one knee and attempts to rest a little.

[Machman, you look nervous. What's wrong?]

I don't entirely know. Something doesn't seem right. If there is someone pulling the strings like XIII said, who ever it is just played a big hand. If they really want to get rid of us, it would be right now.

((RevivedSin, is it possible to let a busting partner "borrow" a battlechip?))
((No, it has to be done over a FOOCIAL-er-official trade.))
XIII was feeling a little better since the fight ended, and he managed to steady himself. His hand was still shaking a bit, but he was ok.

"Your worse off than me Mach. Shouldn't you be worrying more about yourself?" He managed to pick up the chip data and the money data that appeared and put them into the PET.
"But yeah, I heard what you said. I mis judged the fire power of our mystery foe. That one before now, he was still testing our ability. This one, oohhhho this one, this was the trump card. And it worked, we're both hurting now with no way to heal it all, me especially."

He walked past Machman and looked deeper into the SciLab net. His leg was a little stiff, he walked with a very slight limp. It had been a long time since he had received such damage. "That was the proof, we could easily contact the security programs now. They could take it from here. Once Scilab knows about a threat, its worse off then we are right now." He said with a light chuckle, but his face then turned serious. "Machman, you can jack out now. We pulled you into something you were neither prepared or qualified for and I thank you for even sticking. I'm going to try to find the security center or at least a program patrolling around here."

"XIII, No, I'm pulling you out!" Kasumi's annoyed, yet worried face appeared above XIII's head as it had before.
XIII just limped a little more. "And then what, you'll send an email? Kasumi Misumaru, you know better than anyone else that the mail would be so lagged by all the firewalls in place, dad wouldn't get it until half a day from now. This is our only option, and you know that as well as I do."

There was silence on the line for a seconds. "Alright, XIII, but I'm keeping my finger on the emergency jack out switch. I'm not loosing you again. And Mach, Mazer, I apologize for putting you through this. You may jack out now if you want, I wouldn't hold it against you."

((Revived, could he be able to use a healing chip on me in battle instead of himself? I know guards are communal, but its not really that apparent on healing items.))
((From our system master, *cough*paladin*cough*, yes he can.))
((Sweet! You can expect at least one Recover10 chip your way next battle, Kenshin))

Machman finally catches his breath and calms down a little.

Alright, I think I can last at least one more battle. Is it alright with you, Mazer?

[We have been in worse positions before, you have my approval]

Good. I want to get to the bottom of this; no matter how many viruses get in the way!

(Prepared for battle #6)
Machman.EXE: 21HP
XIII sighed and stopped. "Well if your going to be adamant about it, I guess there's no cure for stupid. Lets go, there should be a station this way."

He continued walking in the direction he was headed.

((Ready for battle 6))
XIII: Hp 25
((Ker-bump))