Back to back in the Scilab network

Machman also looks down and notices the stage beneath him has changed to metal. The viruses bearing down on the pair cause them both to spring into action.

Viruses identified! Count: 8. Permission to engage?

[The viruses haven't had the chance to spread out yet. Capitalize on this! Engage!]

Machman begins to crouch down and takes a runner's stance, ready to lurch forward.

Requesting Boomerang and Sword chip!

Mazer quickly scans the battlechips through the PET, sending the data directly to Machman.

[Battlechips loaded! Give them hell!]

Machman winds up his right arm and grips the the newly formed green boomerang in his hand. Machman grunts a little as he jumps forward and begins sprinting towards the viruses and putting a little added momentum to his coming attack. Machman aims towards the right rank of viruses.

Eat this!

Machman whips his arm forward and launches the boomerang. He bent his wrist quickly at the end of his throw, giving the boomerang extra rotation and causing it to spin faster then before. Now the boomerang just looks like a flat oval-shaped green blur rocketing towards the viruses. The boomerang emits a high-pitched whine as hit cuts through the air and breaches the viruses front line and disappearing into the group.

Machman's right arm is crossed in front of his chest after throwing the boomerang and his hand transforms into a blue cylinder. Machman grins under his mask and swings his arm out to his side as the cyan energy blade bursts forth from the cylindrical hilt. Machman's wing thrusters kick on and quickly accelerate Machman and gets him airborne before reaching the first virus.

Machman is now only a few feet from the virus group's front rank. Machman's sword trails behind him as he reaches the lead Kabutank. Machman breaches the groups front perimeter with a greeting slash to the the Kabutank. Machman continues his path into the group. Machman hears the distinctive high-pitched whine of the boomerang passing him in the opposite direction. Knowing the boomerang will continue its circular pattern until caught or hitting the ground, Machman piles on the speed and presses through the virus group. He slashes at one other Kabutank as he passes by and breaks through the back of the group.

Machman's thrusters die and he touches down to a skidding halt. Machman hears the whine of the boomerang getting louder and louder behind him and faces the incoming boomerang. The boomerang slowed little even after hopefully passing through the virus mob three times. Machman carefully watches the boomerang zip towards him.

Hold it... Hold it... Now!!!

Machman jumps to the side and plucks the boomerang out of the air with his left hand as it passes his left side. The boomerang is finally silent and disintegrates into data that is quickly absorbed into his hand. Machman takes to the air again from behind the viruses and sees XIII attempt to dodge enemy fire after slashing at a virus twice with his sword.

Good job, XIII! We are gonna crush these pushovers! Just keep it up!

ACTIONS:
Boomerang1 + Untapped Power {+10damage}: All viruses {RP dependent. Up to Mod's discretion.} (70damage total Wood)
Sword: KabutankA (80damage)
Sword: KabutankD (80damage)
Cheer XIII on
((Grim, Boomerang targets up to 3. FYI))
Some Kabutanks and ElecOgres die. ElecOgre used ElecReel on XIII! XIII evaded the attack! KabutankB used LilBomb on Machman!

KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: 80 HP
KabutankC: 80 HP
KabutankD: DELETED
ElecOgreA: DELETED
ElecOgreB: DELETED
ElecOgreC: DELETED
ElecOgreD: 120 HP

Terrain: 100% Metal

XIII.exe: 100 HP
Machman.exe: 80 HP [Sword]
Machman's words of encouragement are met with a blast from a LilBomb. Machman shakes off the attack and dives towards the viruses.

Requesting Sword and Guard chips.

[The Sword chip is already uploaded. Guard chip uploaded! Good luck out there.]

Machman zeros in on one of the Kabutanks as he readies his energy sword. He flies in low to the ground and slashes at the Kabutank as he passes. Machman then turns sharply towards the last Kabutank and thrusts his sword towards it.

Machman then climbs to 10ft above the floor and then drops down in front of XIII. Machman turns back towards the viruses and widens his stance while his wings move into a defensive posture in front of him.

XIII! After you attack, return to me! This shield should be able to cover us both!

Machman waits patiently and unmoving as the yellow outline of the guard shield forms in front of him.

ACTIONS:
Sword: KabutankB (80damage)
Sword: KabutankC (80damage)
Cheer XIII
Guard1: Machman.EXE and XIII.EXE {If he wants to use the shield} (Reflect attack for 60damage)
XIII charged in for the last ElecOgre, Kasumi already slotting in the next chip.
"Firehit1, Slot in!" the comlink buzzed, and XIII's free hand erupted in flame. He punched, still at a distance, and the hit shot towards it's target like burning cannon fire.

"Ok! XIII, Legendary Blade!" Kasumi's voice yelled over the comlink once again signaling the special attack.

At first it had seemed like XIII had intended to slash it as he ran by, but he stopped suddenly after just entering his melee range. His massive sword was being held over his right shoulder in the stance of a reverse-do strike.
"You know Mach, you handle a sword pretty well. Speed is essential to blade combat, and you have that in spades But your missing something..." XIII said, taking his bead on the enemy. All of a sudden, the sword erupted into white hot flames, and the image blurred, going faster than the normal eye could follow, delivering an amazing blow to the virus infront of him.

XIII flipped backwards landing behind the guard that Machman had set up, sheathing his blade again. ".... It's style. the fastest blade in the world is nothing without a solid form."

Summary:
Firehit1 (60 dmg + 5 for element) to ElecOgreD
Special Attack: Legendary Blade (60 dmg) to ElecOgreD
Use Machman's guard
Dodge
Dodge (extra for two consecutive Melee attacks)
STUFF DIES!

KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: SLICED
KabutankC: DICED
KabutankD: DELETED
ElecOgreA: DELETED
ElecOgreB: DELETED
ElecOgreC: DELETED
ElecOgreD: FORM BLAZING SWORD PWNAGE

Terrain: 100% Metal

XIII.exe: 100 HP
Machman.exe: 80 HP

-VICTORY-
XIII Get: Elecreel1
Machman Get: LilBomb
FXP: 2 Static
2 for Cheering
1 for Sharing Defenses
((So far, we have 3 Static and 4 Combo total FXP?))

Machman's wings unfold in front of him and return to a slow orbit around his body. The yellow guard shield has disappeared, revealing the wreckage of the former viruses. Machman walks towards one of the shells of the Kabutanks and finds some chip data.

[Chip data received, Machman. Good job out there.]

Thanks, but if it weren't for XIII here, I would have been viral chow.
XIII sheathes his blade, holds up his hands, and shakes his head fervently. "Oh no, you give me too much credit! If it wasn't for you, I'd have been cannon fodder before I could even reach the ElecOgres. You have a lot of raw, untapped potential, same as I, all you need to do is refine it."

The screen blipped open above XIII's head, and Kasumi's face was stern as she looked at the minor damage that had been caused. "Well I'm thoroughly convinced now that there is someone in here now. Not only were there alot of viruses this time, but the formation was too tactically sound. No, no I don't like this at all...."
XIII looked up at the screen. "I know, and I have a hunch too, but this isn't enough to go on yet. Not enough to have security believe us."
"Hmm, your right XIII. I think we should keep going, see if we can keep swinging in the dark here. we're bound to hit something, and it may just be who or whatever is doing this. What do you think Mazer?" Kasumi asked.
[I think Machman and I would agree that we can continue battling.]

Took the words right out of my mouth, Mazer.

Machman turns back to XIII.

How about we just agree that we are both carrying eachother through these battles and our teamwork is critical? I know I wouldn't be able to handle all those viruses without sustaining serious damage or having a very drawn-out fight. I wouldn't be surprised if you would also be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of the viral posses we are encountering.

(Prepared for battle 3!)
XIII nodded in agreement as the screen blipped off over his head. "Ok, Lets continue then, now that I know your staying as well. I'll take point this time."

XIII started walking forward again, deeper into the Scilab net, looking around constantly to make sure nothing was getting the drop on them.

((Also ready for battle 3))
Oh god...
Oh, dear god. Please, anything but this. VIRUSES THAT CAN COMBO ATTACK.
OHNOEZ.

StarfishA: 60 HP
StarfishB: 60 HP
StarfishC: 60 HP
StarfishD: 60 HP
StarfishE: 60 HP
ElecogreA: 120 HP
ElecogreB: 120 HP
ElecogreC: 120 HP
DBLCUBEA: 100 HP
DBLCUBEB: 100 HP

XIII: 100 HP
Machman: 80 HP

-BATTLE 3! UP THE DIFFICULTY! FIGHT!-
"Awww hell!" XIII said, seeing the virus types land infront of them. "Mach, be careful! This isn't your average fight, those viruses, they are complementary types. If they combine their attacks, they do more damage!"

"XIII, take out the front line! ElectReel1 Slot in!" Kasumi yelled, as the data uploaded. XIII drew his sword, which both his arm and the blade were charged with energy, and slammed the tip into the ground to discharge the shot at the first three Starfish.

"Machman, bring out that guard again! We may need it!" XIII yelled going in close and delivering two consecutive slashes to the StarfishD before dashing backwards.

Summary
ElecReel1 (80) to Starfish A B C
Slash (8) Starfish D
Slash (8) Starfish D
Dodge
dodge (extra for consecutive Melee attacks)

((The target number for the ElecReel1 was not very specific, so please tell me if I did too many.))
Machman springs into action as XIII engages the enemy.

Viruses Identified! Count: 10! Permission to engage?

[We need to take out those Elecogres, Machman! Boomerang1, Shotgun, Sword, and Guard1 battlechips in! Engage!]

Machman stands his ground as XIII fires an electric pulse across the ground towards the Starfish viruses. Machman's right arm transforms into a bulked-up buster and he takes aim at the strange DBLCUBE viruses. Machman steadies his shotgun with his left hand, and carefully activates the triggering program inside the shotgun. The shotgun discharges in a loud bang and a flash of light.

Machman's shotgun disappears and is replaced by a trusty boomerang. Machman widens his stance and cocks back his arm. He concentrates on the Elecogres as he steps forward and flings the boomerang towards them. The green boomerang flies straight as an arrow before passing the viruses and makes a surprisingly sharp left turn. The boomerang then zips back to Machman.

Machman carefully reaches out and stops the boomerang with his open hand. The boomerang goes silent in his grip and deactivates into bits of data. Machman's thrusters kick on and he boosts towards the viruses. His outstretched arm transforms into the cylindrical hilt of the sword chip.

Machman closes in on a Starfish virus, raises his arm up, and activates the cyan energy sword. Machman slashes straight down as he passes over the virus, and goes back to XIII's position. XIII has now finished his attack and was preparing to dodge any incoming fire.

XIII, take cover behind me!

Machman lands directly in front of XIII and faces the viruses. Machman braces himself and activates the guard shield while his wings criss-cross in front of him to help lessen the effect of the small shockwaves that pass through the shield as it deflects enemy fire.

ACTIONS:
Shotgun + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: DBLCUBEA&B (60dmg)
Boomerang: Elecogre A,B,C (120dmg {Elec v. Wood})
Sword: StarfishE (80dmg)
Guard1: Machman.EXE and XIII.EXE (Deflect attack(s) for 60dmg)
((PA you silly goose, you forgot to give them 100% Metal Terrain. :'D))
((Yes, I know that would screw them over completely, kind of the point though. ^^; ))
XIII sends his electricity flying, deleting two Starfish. He then proceeds to slash at another one. Machman has the Red-colored DBLCUBES eat lead, changing them to a calm, blue color. Throwing his Boomerang to eviscerate, the speed navi defeats the virii! He then cuts down another Starfish. The DBLCUBEs then use their healing powahz to lessen the damage on one of the Starfish, and themselves. The Starfish attack, but Machman's Guard repels the damage and XIII dodges.

StarfishA: DELETED
StarfishB: DELETED
StarfishC: 40 HP
StarfishD: 54 HP
StarfishE: DELETED
ElecogreA: DELETED
ElecogreB: DELETED
ElecogreC: DELETED
DBLCUBEA: 60 HP <Blue>
DBLCUBEB: 60 HP <Blue>

XIII: 100 HP [Sword]
Machman: 80 HP
Machman emerges behind his shield and surveys the damage.

Splash 6! Four remaining. Requesting Recover10 and Heatshot chips

[Chips uploaded. Use of Thrust Laser approved! Lets clean them up, Machman!]

Machman activates his newly purchased recovery chip. His body glows a dull green as small green bits of data spiral upward around his body. He then feels a little more energized and rejuvenated. The glowing data dissapates as his wings swing into their artillery mode. The wings pair up and point straight in front of Machman.

The top wing of both pairs emits a targeting laser and converges them on a DBLCUBE. Bolts of red energy arcs between the wings and the red glow intensifies. The energy gives off a low hum as it becomes more volatile and excited. A small explosion behind each packet of plasma causes the deadly energy to destabilize and escape using the only available route, directly down the targeting laser's beam.

Machman's body is illuminated as the plasma rockets towards the virus and causes a large explosion followed by bolts of energy discharging from the impact site. Machman's now white-hot wings swing back into position and continue to spew heat into the surrounding air.

Machman still holds his position and downloads the heatshot chip data to his right hand. His hand transforms into a red buster, covered in safety vents and a small blast guard near the base of the barrel. Machman lines up on the two surviving Starfish viruses and activates the trigger. The buster quickly warms up and fires a flame imbued buster round at the viruses.

Machman's wings finally cool and begin to kick on. Machman jumps into the air with the assistance of his boot rockets, flips backwards with his back facing the ground, rolls upright, and puts his thrusters to full throttle. He is off like a shot and gaining altitude. He looks down towards the viruses, vigilantly watching for the tell-tale flash of retaliatory fire.

ACTIONS:
Recover10: Machman.EXE (Replenish 10HP)
Thrust Laser: DBLCUBEA (60dmg w/ 2-turn cooldown)
Heatshot + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: StarfishC,D (50dmg Fire)
Dodge
"heh, wow, nice move." XIII said. "Hey, Remi, upload some chips! I think he's trying to show us up!" He yelled jokingly while watching from behind the guard.

"I was thinking the same thing. Ok, Heatshot, slot in!" Kasumi responded, and XIII's hand had already become the gun barrel, ready for fire. He rolled out form behind the guard, Taking aim so that the shot would Hit both DBLCUBE A and B, and squeezed the trigger tightly in his mind. The fiery blast was unleashed upon the two cubes enhanced by XIII's own flames.

He flipped up off the ground and ran forward, charging his sword in the sheath and when he was close enough, XIII's drew his sword onto Starfish D, the flames erupting from it as he did so, further fueling his attack.

Summary
Heatshot (40 + 5 fire boost) DBLCUBE A and B
Charge
Charge
Charge Shot (32, Fire) Starfish D
((Untap adds to the total damage of the attack, not each hit last I checked.))

Machman managed to heal himself, and unleashed his laser and flaming attacks on his foes, where about XIII decided to try and finish off his foes, taking out the last starfish. The last cube turned red, and fired a beam at Machman, who dodged it rather well.

StarfishA: DELETED
StarfishB: DELETED
StarfishC: DELETED
StarfishD: DELETED
StarfishE: DELETED
ElecogreA: DELETED
ElecogreB: DELETED
ElecogreC: DELETED
DBLCUBEA: DELETED
DBLCUBEB: 15 HP <Red>

XIII: 100 HP
Machman: 90 HP
XIII Was dodging backwards when he saw machman taking fire. "XIII, take out that cube!" Kasumi's voice came over in comlink, but he was already in motion, his sheathed sword glowing as he neared the cube. He drew the burning sword from his sheath again, unleashing a devastating battou attack on the cube.

Summary
Charge
Charge
Charge Attack (32 damage) to DBLCUBE B
Dodge
Machman stops his evasive actions and boosts straight up. His thrusters die and he begins to fall towards the ground.

Hehehe. I'll show ya style!

Machman brings his arms across his chest and begins to spin in the air as he plummets towards the ground. He almost looks like a gymnast performing the final jump of his performance. The continues to spin until spreading his arms and legs apart and flipping forward and over. Machman then hits the ground feet first and a small jolt shot through the net floor. Machman, crouched over with a fist to the ground and both legs flexed and ready to pounce, smiles and whips his buster-turned left hand towards the lone DBLCUBE ahead.

{Whew, glad I made that. I would have looked like a fool if I ended up as a data puddle on the floor!}

Machman's angular MachBuster primes with a quiet humming noise rising in pitch. The end of the buster begins to glow bright orange and cyan. Machman takes great care aiming at the virus, just in case XIII happens to miss; though doubtful at best.

Machman also activates his second Recover10 chip and continues to target the virus as the green data and glow rises and dissipates.

ACTIONS
Charge
Charge
Charge Shot: DBLCUBEB (32dmg)
Recover10: Machman.EXE (Recover 10HP)
Wow. Cubes are really developing a bad rep for being left alone to finish off...

VICTOLY!

GET(each): 650z

FXP!

2 Static!

3 Bonus for healing and protecting!!
XIII righted himself, re-sheathing his sword.
"Well now its clear that he's getting desperate, and sloppy. the strategy was good, but was a clear sign that someone was pulling some strings."

The screen blipped open again above XIII. "Yeah, but it also served another purpose. Whoever is doing this is probably going to make a mistake soon, like revealing himself possibly. Alls going according to plan. Hey Machman, are you ok? It looks like you nearly got clipped by that blast there."