Back to back in the Scilab network

((I have no idea why I am RPing... I have 2 exams tomorrow!))

Machman emerges from the battered Guard shield and prepares a second salvo of attacks.

Splash 4, 4 remaining. Requesting Boomerang, Minibomb, and Guard chips!

[Chips uploaded. Finish them off, Machman!]

Machman gets airborne and flies towards the viruses. He tightly grips the second boomerang in his hand and sets his aim again towards the Elecogres. He levels out and brings his arm back to throw.

Let's see you dodge this one!

Machman whips the boomerang towards the Elecogres. The green boomerang, now looking more like a blurry green disk, darts towards the viruses with a slightly curved path. The boomerang passes through the group and banks as it makes its right turn to head back to Machman's waiting hands.

Hey XIII, watch this!

Machman hovers a few feet off the ground, ready to catch the boomerang as it zips through the virus group. He glances towards the viruses and picks out the wounded Starfish virus. He reaches out with his left hand and starts to twist left. He catches the boomerang and starts to spin with the momentum of the boomerang. As the boomerang reaches his hand, the small, grenade-like MiniBomb materializes a foot in front of him. As he continues to rotate, his right arm swings out and catches the explosive sphere. After spinning about 190 degrees, his head snaps to his left and his eyes fix on the Starfish. His body continues the full 360 spin and he whips his right hand forward, throwing the LilBomb like a cannonball towards the Starfish virus. The LilBomb explodes, creating a fireball and concussive blast capable of inflicting serious damage to anyone in it's vicinity.

*chuckle* The look on it's face was priceless. Got another shield for ya, XIII!

Machman drops to the floor, stopping his spin. He continues to watch the area as the guard shield activates.

ACTIONS:
Boomerang: StarfishC, ElecOgreA,B (60dmg Wood{120dmg to Elecogres}
Cheer XIII
Minibomb: StarfishA + one other virus (50dmg + Splash)
Guard1 + Untapped Power{+10dmg}: Machman.EXE + XIII.EXE (Repel Attacks + Deflect 70dmg to Attacker)
((I'm finished with exams this semester, but I have work almost every day leading up till Christmas. I can't not afford to be RPing right now, for fear of death by work stress.))

"Mach, you sure got some kinda weird sense of humor," XIII said, seeing the display his fellow navi was going to put on. He suddenly looked at him and grinned, giving him a thumbs up. "But hey, I kinda like it. Now let me show ya how this gets done. Remi! give me a Saturday night special!"

"Coming right up XIII! Shotgun, Heatshot, Cannon, Slot in!" His operator yelled, as XIII himself was already in motion, running right up along side the two ElecOgres. Both his hands were taking the form of shotgun barrels as he crossed them and fired both at the same time into the defenseless viruses. Still in motion, he spun around onto one knee, his arm taking the form of the cannon chip, and let the shot go onto StarfishC. He blew off his hands as he looked back at Machman with a grin.

"And thats why I call it the saturday-night special. Because no matter who you are, you always get blasted out of your mind!"

Summary
Cheer Machman.
Shotgun (50) to ElecOgreB, spread to ElecOgreA
Heatshot (40 + 5 Fire) ElecOgreA, Spread to ElecOgreB
Cannon (40) to StarfishC
The two manage to take the viruses out. Machman KSing XIII though.

StarfishA: BOOM! GOES THE OCEAN!
StarfishB: FIRE PAAANCH
StarfishC: OSNAP! BRANCHES AND STUFF!
ElecOgreA: ARGH! SPLINTERS!
ElecOgreB: HATE WOOD!
DBLCUBEA: WOODEN IMPLEMENTS
DBLCUBEB: HURT BADLY
Windbox: AH~ YAH BEAT MEH!

Terrain: 100% Normal

Machman.exe: 100 HP
XIII.exe: 100 HP

-VICTORY-
XIII Get: Bubbstar1
Machman Get: Bubbstar1, 250z
FXP: 2 Static
2 for Cheering
2 for sharing defenses
((Two questions. KSing? How long does the bubble trap effect cause by the BubbleStar1 chip last?))

Machman retrieves some battlechip and zenny data from the remains, and uploads it to Mazer.

[Great job you two. And with zero damage sustained! Impressive.]

I wouldn't be cruising through this without XIII.

Machman turns back to XIII as he dusts off his arms.

This trend probably won't last right? I bet he is just throwing cannon fodder viruses at us just to stall for time. I'm looking forward to what he has up his sleeves.

((P.S. My next final is on Friday, so I will most likely be studying a bunch tomorrow. I need to practice my Katakana or its going to make me its beotch during the final.))
((heh, I was about to ask the same ones, Grim. Anyway, yeah study. I know you'll do well. I actually found out I did much better than I thought I did on mine, so if I can seemingly fail and somehow do well, I think you could easily do well, as you've been doing japanese longer than I.))

"I'd like to think that, but no, that would be too easy." XIII said pondering. "Remember, we have been heading in the general direction, but he doesn't know that we know where he is. All he knows is where he doesn't want anyone to go."

Kasumi's face blipped up over XIII's head. "He also can't specifically pinpoint us out of all the security programs flying around here. he's attacking in what we call "degrees of immediacy", which means that he is spreading out any controlled attacks so make it impossible to tell where they are coming from." She had an air of confidence about her, quite to the norm with her personality. "Its an old military trick. Like lighting lanterns in all directions around the enemy "camp" and attacking then, it makes the enemy hard to tell where they're opponents are. "

"Or more like shouting in a crowded room, Remi." XIII added still thinking. "Know one knows where the shouts are coming from, just that someone is shouting. However there is a key flaw to using this. If the enemy somehow discovers the location already, the person hiding has to immediately focus on the immediate threats, but at least as subtly as they can to sow doubt in the minds of the enemys, or atleast to distract from any escape attempts. Hence the name "degrees of immediacy". It would be best to continue our course, heading slightly to the left of the virus holding area...."

"Then suddenly cut in, towards our true target." Kasumi finished. Kasumi and her navi really synced up at times like these. "He'll react so fast, his cover will be blown when he reacts to the sudden threat. It does mean that the fight jsut before him might be much harder because his focus will suddenly be on us, but the element of surprise will definitely linger and give us an advantage."

XIII changed his running course slightly to the left of the virus containment area, beginning to put his plan into action.

((ready for battle #3))
((I am just in Japanese 001, so I bet we are on the same level. The grammar stuff will be no problem, just the Katakana and Kanji.))

Machman and Mazer listen intently to Kasumi and XIII.

[Interesting point. I didn't think of it that way.]

It does make sense though. Both of us seem to be over-estimating the enemy by thinking he knows where we are. Lead the way, XIII.

With that, Machman takes off after XIII.

((Prepared for Battle #3))
((Stupid lack of variety. Anyway K.S. stands for KILL STEAL. And one turn.))
More viruses.

KabutankA: 80 HP
KabutankB: 80 HP
MarkCannonA: 60 HP
MarkCannonB: 60 HP
StarfishA: 60 HP
StarfishB: 60 HP
ElecOgreA: 120 HP
ElecOgreB: 120 HP
DBLCUBE: 100 HP (Red)
Windbox: 100 HP

Terrain: 50% Metal (opponent area), 50% Glass (you)

Machman.exe: 100 HP (glass)
XIII.exe: 100 HP (glass)

-READY?-
-BATTLE 3-
-ENGAGE-
((sorry i didn't post. Got out of work late.))

XIII looked at the oncoming enemies, then at his own feet. Then he swore rather loudly.
"Glass! Mach, big trouble here, our mobility is going to be limited by the panels on our side."

Kasumi suddenly slotted in Heat shot, shot gun, and ElecReel1. As his hand changed, XIII realized that she ahd a good idea. Taking aim, he let the first gun explode onto the two mark Cannons, then the heat shot as well. After his hand had turned back to normal, he pulled hsi sword out, which was now charged with the elecreel, and slammed it towards the Kabutanks up front. He did all of this without moving off of his current panel.

Summary
Shotgun (50) at MachCannonA and B
Heatshot (40 + 5 Fire) At MachcannonA and B
ElecReel1 (80 Elec + Metal floor) At KabutankA and B
Dodge (evasive yet stationary)
Viruses identified! Count 10. Permission to engage?

[Zapring1, Boomerang1, and Guard1 Chips uploaded. Use of thrust laser approved! Engage!]

Machman stays on his current panel and brings up a ZapRing launcher with his right hand. He aims the launcher at the Windbox and lines up carefully as the launcher begins to hum from the increasing current surging through the launcher. He fires an electrified ring at the Windbox. He stands his ground, knowing wind cannot affect an electric projectile.

Machman's arms go back to his sides as his wings move out in front and begin to scan for targets. The targeting lasers paint a Starfish as the plasma contained between the wings begins to charge. The plasma breaches it's containment field and streaks towards its target and filling the area with a ruby red glow. The panels directly below the beams are scorched, but not significantly damaged. Machman's wings fall back into position to cool down and he grips the boomerang in his hand. He takes aim at the pair of Elecogres and starts to advance.

He takes off in a diagonal direction to close the distance to the viruses and line up the second Starfish. He reaches the ideal point, winds up, and throws the boomerang towards the viruses. Machman loses sight of it as is passes through the viruses, only to appear behind them to make its wide 180 degree turn and pass back through the viruses. Machman reaches out and snatches the boomerang out of the air before boosting to XIII and stopping in front of him.

Keep low.

Machman crouches down and activates the Guard chip as his wings cross in front of him to cushion any oncoming blows.

ACTIONS:
Zapring + Untapped Power{+10dmg}: Windbox(100dmg Elec{Metal floor 50dmg x2})
Thrust Laser: StarfishA (60dmg + 2TCD)
Boomerang1: ElecogreA,B, StarfishB (60dmg Wood{120dmg to Elecogres})
Guard1: Machman.EXE + XIII.EXE (Repel attacks + 60dmg to attacker)
bump
((I think they temporarily put most battle threads on hold for the site wide event they're doing on the 3rd. don't worry though, we cans still participate due to paradox in space time. All you need to do is sign up. After the event is finished, it should resume.))
In a bad case of slipporea, XIII only manages to delete one of his targets and severely injure two others. Machman rends the Windbox apart, and blasts a Starfish with his Thrust Laser, but only hits one ElecOgre with his Boomerang. He then puts up a shield. A Starfish attacks, but its attack is reflected back. An ElecOgre sends some powerful currents at XIII, who tries to dodge but manages to slip up, the electricity gets closer and... hits. Ooh~ That's going to sting later.

KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: 80 HP
MarkCannonA: 10 HP
MarkCannonB: 15 HP
StarfishA: LASERED
StarfishB: 40 HP
ElecOgreA: 120 HP
ElecOgreB: BOOMERANGED
DBLCUBE: 100 HP (Red)
Windbox: OMGWTFPWNED

Machman.exe: 100 HP (glass)
XIII.exe: 70 HP (glass)
Four down. Six remaining, continuing engagement.

[Boomerang1, Guard1, Recover10 chips uploaded. Shift to defense for now.]

Wakarimashita.

Machman grabs the Boomerang that materialized in front of him and lines up the viruses. He focuses on the ElecOgre, that virus needs to fall! He pulls his arm back and whips the boomerang towards the viruses. The green projectile zips through the group of viruses and exits out their flank. The boomerang continues to spin energetically and makes a wide 180 degree turn. It returns through the viral group and comes back to the waiting Machman. He catches the boomerang and calls out to XIII.

Incoming Recovery Chips, XIII! Sweep them up then return to my shield!

Machman then talks calmly to Mazer:

Activate two Recover10 chips. Target: XIII.

XIII is covered in green glow for a few seconds as his energy is restored. Machman watches as the glow subsides before bringing up his last guard shield, ready for any retaliatory fire.

ACTIONS:
Boomerang1 + Untapped Power{+10dmg}: ElecOgreA, KabutankB, StarfishB (70dmg Wood {140dmg to ElecOgreA})
Recover10: XIII.EXE (Recover 10HP)
Recover10: XIII.EXE (Recover 10HP)
Guard1: Machman.EXE + XIII.EXE (deflect attack + 60dmg to attacker)
((Sorry for the late post. I was in a place in which I didn't have internets for a day or two.))

XIII feels the damage he sustained almost completely restored. "Thanks Mach! I'll return the favor sometime."

"Ok XIII," Kasumi's voice came through on the com link. "CactBall! Slot in! FireHit! Slot in! Be careful out there, the floor is still glass!"

XIII took aim wiht the prickly sphere in his hand and let it fly at DBLCube, and then went in close to finish off ElecOgreA is a "fire paaaaaaaanch!". After delivering the blow, he evaded backwards, watching his movement carefully so as he didn't break the glass, managing to get behind Machman's guard.

Summary
CactBall (3x20 wood) To DblCube
FireHit1 (60 + 5 fire) To ElecOgreA
Dodge (Carefully)
Dodge (to behind machman's guard)
((bump))
Machman eliminates the Starfish and the ElecOgre, but the Kabutank is too far out of reach for the Boomerang. He then spams some healing on XIII, who takes down the DBLCUBE. The Kabutank attacks, has its attack reflected, then the MarkCannons attack, and hit.

KabutankA: DELETED
KabutankB: 50 HP
MarkCannonA: 10 HP
MarkCannonB: 15 HP
StarfishA: LASERED
StarfishB: WOOD IMPLEMENTS
ElecOgreA: HURT BADLY
ElecOgreB: BOOMERANGED
DBLCUBE: DELETED
Windbox: OMGWTFPWNED

Machman.exe: 80 HP (glass)
XIII.exe: 70 HP (glass)
((hmm I think you called me Machman. Don't worry though, simple error.))

"XIII, keep trying to hit from a distance. We're almost out of chips, but their even worse off!" Kasumi said while rummaging for the chips in her bag. "Cannon slot in! ZapRing1 slot in!"

XIII was already taking aim with his arm when the cannon flashed on. he too aim and fired at the remaining Kabutank, then fired the zapring at the same target, to finish it off.
"Ok, Mach. Finish 'em off!"

Summary
Cannon (40 dmg) at Kabutank
Zapring1 (40+ stun) At kabutank
dodge
Cheer Machman
Machman shrugs off the hits and keeps his cool, like always.

Mazer, requesting RageClaw and Shotgun chips.

[BattleChips uploaded. Take them out.]

Machman dashes forward and makes a bee-line towards the remaining viruses. His right hand reaches towards them as his fingers elongate and curve into menacing claws. He travels in a diagonal path to prevent any locks or preemptive strikes. The MarkCannon wizzes by his right side and receives a nice, cold slash as a gift from Machman.

The final MarkCannon remains a few feet away. He barrels towards it as his left hand forms into a shotgun buster. He thrusts his right arm down, catching the ground with his clawed hand and somersaulting over the virus. He stares down the MarkCannon, Machman is now completely vertical and inverted over the virus. He continues to sail over the MarkCannon, but not before he fires a shotgun directly downwards at the virus.

Machman completes his somersault and touches down in a three-point stance. He twists back and whips his right arm back to the virus; buster drawn and ready to finish off any survivors.

I think that's all of them, XIII.

ACTIONS:
RageClaw: MarkCannonA (40dmg)
Shotgun: MarkCannonB (50dmg)
Buster + Untapped Power {+10dmg}: Any remaining viruses (18dmg)
Cheer XIII
((Bump.))
((Bump))