Solo Group Busting

Forging ahead into the dark depths of Rogue Netopia, Druidman and SplashLady were illuminated by several eyes from the darkness. They came to a platform, seemingly out of place in a deserted area like this. The eyes continued their watch. Eventually, most closed their sight to the two, not registering any threat from casual exploration. Some brave souls ventured out for a fight, although they were definitely not left out in the cold...

-Front Lines-
Twinner1A: 150HP
Twinner2A: 150HP
Twinner1B: 150HP
Twinner2B: 150HP

-Back- (2 Actions to Shooting Range)
CanoGuard2A: 150HP
CanoGuard2B: 150HP
CanoGuard2C: 150HP
CanoGuard2D: 150HP

(Twinners are matched to the one who has the same letter)

Terrain: 80% Normal (Platform), 20% Missing (Surrounding Area)

SplashLady: 265HP
DruidMan: 450HP

-BATTLE ONE, FIGHT!!-
Eight viruses...not too bad considering there was two of them. Still, all those eyes staring at her made her feel a bit uncomfortable. "Yeesh, I didn't think we'd get an audience for this battle..." SplashLady pointed her spear forward towards the twin cyclopean twins, as if preparing an attack. "All right Sabrina, look up these guys!"

"Yes, master..." Shaking her head, the aforementioned operator quickly brought up her notes on the so-called Twinner. "Well, that's annoying. If you don't delete them in pairs, they'll just revive each other!"

"...I wish we had that kind of power..." Though quite impressed by their ability, the Navi's gaze remained fixed on the immediately present viruses. "I've got an idea! First, I'll make sure those Twinner are toast for good. Then you can move up and work on those CanoGuards, DruidMan! If you can't do it on your own, I'll come over and help you out! Sound like a plan? ...Good!" Of course, she didn't even give him a chance to speak. Like it or not, that was going to be the plan.

"Oh sure, come up with the plan, not like I don't already have tons of things to do..." The Netopian girl actually seemed a little disappointed that she didn't get to come up with a strategy. "But, fine, whatever, chips that hit several viruses at once it is..." Okay, let's see...looked like this turn was going to be nice and watery. Oh well, SplashLady would like that. "Battlechip, WaterLine! Slot in!"

Normally, the mermaid Navi's hand would've begun to transform into a Raingear, WaterLine's associate virus...but this time, it didn't. Instead, her spear tip began to glow, as water began to form in the shape of a Raingear, which promptly opened its mouth. As it did so, small amounts of water began to flow from the panels beneath a pair of floating black viruses, which quickly erupted into full-fledged geysers. After a few moments, the water blasts ended as suddenly as they began, leaving no trace of their existance...save for some possibly damaged Twinner.

But that wasn't what Sabrina had focused on. "Uh...when did you learn to do that?"

"I'll tell you later! For now, we need to focus on these viruses!"

"Yeah, because focusing is totally easy when you're wondering stuff..." Oh well, there wasn't much she could do about it...not without doing things that were REALLY stupid from a NetBattling point of view, anyway. "Well, whatever. Battlechip, TwinFang! Slot in!"

SplashLady's spear once again found itself with an addition; this time, however, it possessed a sharp, appropriately fang-like projectile on each of its sides. Just as though they had formed on her arm, she positioned her spear so that it pointed directly in between the pair of viruses, and let the enamel missiles fire, using each of the Twinner's single eye as a target for them. Once the distance attack was complete, she lowered her spear, and shifted her gaze over to the other pair. "So, what are gonna do for these guys?"

"Hmm...how about the usual? Even though I haven't really sent it very much lately..." Two chips featuring Lark viruses...oh yeah, it felt good. "Battlechip, WideShot! Double slot in!"

Once again, the Navi's spear tip glowed blue, rich in water energy once again. Unlike last time, however, it did nothing beyond that. This time, she simply took stock of the virus twins' positions, then horizontally slashed the air in front of her. That air became infused with Aqua power, and rocketed forward like an ordinary WideShot attack. She sliced again, causing a second wave of water to jet ahead towards her foes. Now, if she had done well, that SHOULD have wrapped things up. But if it hadn't..."We should attack them once more to make sure we don't get any revived viruses, shouldn't we?

"Yep! Let's stick with the Aqua attack theme, though. And we're ignoring TwinFang!" Yep, more chip action...at least this was the last one. "Battlechip, Blizzard! Slot in!"

SplashLady's weapon of choice became illuminated once more...but this time, it shone white. She rushed forward towards where the cyclops viruses had once remained unscathed, and released the icy energy pent up within the non-lethal spear in a mighty, close ranged ice storm. Perhaps it was too intense; she couldn't see if any Twinner still lingered in existance.

Of course, Sabrina wasn't about to help her visibility. "And the defense! Battlechip, IronShield! Slot in!"

As soon as the snow blast stopped spewing forth from what could pass for a sharpened stick, a large metal shield formed in front of the Aqua-based Navi, which she just...somewhat stared at. "Well, that's all I can do...your turn, DruidMan! Good luck!"

[Order of Turn:
1-WaterLine1 chip attack on Twinner1A and Twinner2A (80+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
2-TwinFang1 chip attack on Twinner1A and Twinner2A (70)
3-WideShot1 chip attack on Twinner1B and Twinner2B (60+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
4-WideShot1 chip attack on Twinner1B and Twinner2B (60+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
5-Blizzard chip attack on Twinner1A, Twinner2A, Twinner1B, and Twinner2B (100+15, Aqua, creates Ice terrain) (Aqua Boost)
6-IronShield1 chip on SplashLady (2-hit shield)]
Druidman had already spun around to cover both his and SplashLady's flank. "How did four immobile viruses sneak up behind us, anyway, dude?" he asked, dumbfounded.

"Er... bad programming?" Steve suggested idly. While he doubted that any virus could really get the drop on Druidman, much less an immobile one, it wasn't much of a disaster to warrant getting all bent out of shape over. "Whatever. Between the two of you, I'm sure you can take care of this." Steve said, popping in a couple of chips for his Navi. "I'm sure you'd like to show off a little, so I put some aces in the hole already. SplashLady doesn't seem to be not pulling any stops out, either." he added, looking sideways at his readouts.

"Okay, dude." Druidman replied, coming to the same basic conclusion, although from a much different line of thought. "Hm, these are strong, sure, but together I think they lack that last little punch, Steve."

"Well, sure. Do you want me to do everything for you?" was the operators reply, with a slight roll of the eye.

"Oh. OH. Gotcha, man." Druidman said, closing his own eyes. He began to mutter softly under his breath, but it was loud enough to hear a rich, baritone singsong flair to the words. The ground seemed to dance to the beat set, and Druidman opened his bright, green eyes and yelled aloud. "RAMPANT GROWTH FORCE!!!"

As soon as the words escaped his lips, the ground exploded with life. All around the immobile viruses a lush, thick carpet of natural wonder sprung upwards from the ground, blanketing everything around it in a verdant green.

"That looks better." he commented to no one in particular. "Now then, dudes..." and he drew his scimitar, twirling it around him a bit before bringing it even with his face, where he glared at it and said a few words of power.

At first, it seemed the attack had failed. Druidman's scimitar seemed to be rejecting the chip data, as it had puckered and sagged under it's own weight, almost as if it were melting and falling apart into a corrosive mess. Druidman didn't seem concerned, however, and merely swung upwards madly, like batting at a fly that only he could see, sending a huge, sloppy wads of melted, gel-like metal raining down before him.

As the metal flung itself off of the blade, a new, clean, fresh blade was revealed underneath. Druidman examined it briefly before he slid it back where it belonged, and then he raised his left hand, pulling the gauntlet on it into place as he wiggled his fingers. The decorative leaves around his fist had turned shades of red, as if Autumn had come early, and twisted and curled to be pointing forward.

Likewise, Druidman held his fist forward, parallel to the ground and wavering back and forth across the ranks of the cannons before him. He could see them preparing to fire, but he didn't care. He'd be the one walking away from this, that was certain.

Somewhere, on an alternate plane of existence, someone cringed. Someone had just used a pun in the multiverse, and this being HATED it.

Back where everything belonged, Druidman had finished concentrating on his targets, much like they were no doubt doing to him, and let loose with a salvo of triple leaf missiles from his gauntlet, screaming and twirling though the air like a bird in a strange horizontal dive bomb.

1.)Rampant Growth Force to CanoGuard2C. [1WoodX90+Slashing+LargeTerrainChange(Grass), Ground] <B>
2.)Metagel2 Battlechip to CanoGuard2A/B/C. (130Aqua+Slow/130Aqua+Slow/130Aqua+Slow) <B>
3.)Charge Battlechip.
4.)Charge Battlechip.
5.)Magnum1 Battlechip to CanoGuard2A/B/D. [120Fire(x2Terrain)+Break+PanelBreak/120Fire(x2Terrain)+Break+PanelBreak/120Fire(x2Terrain)+Break+PanelBreak] <A>
As the lady of water and the druid of nature began their attacks separately, the viruses readied their offense. SplashLady began the assault with a roaring torrent of water, damaging a couple of Twinners quite severely, coupled with twin fangs that pierced through the two like butter. The other two weren't going to be left deleted, and with their locked-on sights on both of the Navis, they unleashed their fire, hitting both dead-on (60 - Splash) (60 - Druid). Unfortunately, their success wasn't for long, as the aquatic mermaid shot blasts of water, ending their victory fanfare.

Back in the back, the guarded Cannons quickly realized that their comrades had been decimated, and most quickly put up their guards. That, coupled with the fact that Druidman was really a bit too far away to hit any of them accurately, protected them from the nature-aligned Navi's enormously powerful attacks. One, though, tried to avenge its allies by locking onto Druidman and firing a shot. Its bravery was rewarded, for the shot hit (80 - Druid), but it also got hit itself by one of Druidman's leaf missiles.

-Front Lines-
Twinner1A: DELETED
Twinner2A: DELETED
Twinner1B: DELETED
Twinner2B: DELETED

CanoGuard2A: 150HP
CanoGuard2B: 150HP
CanoGuard2C: 150HP
CanoGuard2D: DELETED

Terrain: 30% Grass, 20% Cracked (CanoGuards' spot) 20% Ice (Former-Twinners' spot) 10% Normal (Where Splash & Druid are standing), 20% Missing (Surrounding Area)

SplashLady: 205HP
DruidMan: 310HP
Well, she got hit, but all those Twinner weren't going to be reviving any time soon. And since CannonGuard viruses couldn't move, deleting those oughta be a piece of cake for DruidM-

BOOM!

...Well, it wasn't the first time she'd been wrong. He did realize they were kinda far away from them, didn't he? All SplashLady could manage to do was shake her head and sigh..."No offense, DruidMan, but don't ya think you should've gotten at least a little closer before unloading enough stuff to destroy half the Net?"

"All right, I know that was kinda bad, but he probably isn't feeling very good about it himself..." Sabrina whipped out a single chip, and started flipping it in her fingers for a moment. "But he got hurt pretty bad, and you're still all right...I think we should help him out!" With that, the chip was pushed into the PET's insertion slot. "Battlechip, Recover120! Slot in!"

A pink light formed around the mermaid Navi, but instead of healing her, it began to condense into her left hand. With that, she made her way over to DruidMan, before patting him on the back. She would've done the shoulder, but the odds of her doing that without at least jumping were fairly low. Stupid height difference. "Well, I guess everyone has bad days, huh?" The recovery energy began to leak from her glove, making its way into his body and healing some of the wounds from the locked-on attacks. "Anywho, I got another idea!"

"Another one?!" Oh, come on...she wanted to do SOMETHING other than just give her Navi chips. That was mind numbing and boring. Especially the boring part. "...Okay, go ahead..."

"Well..." SplashLady started to move towards the viruses, but pointed her spear back at at the nature Navi. "You've used Aqua and Fire chips. That means Elec is the only off element, and if you've used the others, I bet you've got some lightning attack or something! And guess who can make Elec attacks really strong?" Aha, now she was definitely within range. Her weapon's dangerous edge (for non-apparent reasons) was moved so that any attack fired from it would head towards the remaining enemies instead of her ally. The tip began to glow blue, causing the space in front of it to begin to collect water. There was no rhyme or reason as to where it was coming from; it just seemed to gather from thin air.

Speaking of air, the water had formed a nice sized blob, and sailed through it towards those three CannonRaid. Now, all it had to do was hit something, be it virus or solid ground...SPLOOSH! Seemed it hit something, as the water exploded as if there was a bomb in it. There wasn't, of course. It was just H2O. Kinda made her wonder how it exploded in the first place...but that wasn't important. The noteworthy part was that there was plenty of water-based terrain where the attack had landed, which meant DruidMan's Elec attack would be nice and incredibly painful. ...Come to think of it, that didn't sound good to her, either. Thus, the mermaid Navi started to backpedal away from the cannons and the potentially dangerous water. Backpedal faster, she was getting far, far away!

"You do realize the flaw in your plan, right? The part where he might not actually have any good Elec chips, like you assumed?"

"Uh...hmm, that'd be a problem if he didn't, huh?" SplashLady looked over towards the druid-based Navi, and gave him a 'oh please oh please make me look like a non-idiot' look, then gave her remaining enemies a good stare. She doubted someone that made it as far in the tourney as he did would screw up royally twice in a row, but just in case of an emergency, she wasn't about to get hit by cannon blasts if she could help it. ...Granted, considering these were upgraded CannonGuards, it was possible she couldn't do a thing. But dang it, she was trying anyway.

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover120 chip on DruidMan (120, Recovery)
2-Move towards CannonGuard2 group
3-Move towards CannonGuard2 group
4-Flood Cannon sig attack on CannonGuard2 group (80, Aqua, Blast 2)
5-Get away from CannonGuard2 group
6-Dodge]
(BUMP, IN THE NAME OF STEVE...or something...)
((SORRY. I totally forgot. I feel like a complete douche bag.))

"What?" Druidman grumped. Those viruses weren't that far away, and only extraordinarily bad luck could account for the sheer volume of failed attacks that he had just thrown.

Gritting his teeth, Druidman straightened himself out and started walking calmly towards the trio of cannons, about a half step behind SplashLady, who was being rather kind despite his failure. He'd make up for it now though, he was certain of that.

Steve must have been paying attention to what SplashLady was saying, because he had just sent in exactly the chip he had been about to request in his calm stride across the lush grove he had just created. Druidman broke into a slight job as Splash Lady sent a blast of water past him. "You'll probably want to get out of the way, dudette." he mildly added over his shoulder as he came right into the front of the cannons. "Guard this."

And with that, he threw his hands forward, and massive explosion of electrical energy blasted from his palms and fingertips, spraying loops of sparks and arcs all around him as he widened the spacing of his hands, spreading white lightning all around his peripheral vision.

Not liking waste of natures bounty, Druidman quickly began a chant which gathered the excess fragments of light and bundled them up in a thick, black cloud overhead. Druidman's eyes burst into a bright yellow light to mimic the angry bolts. "DRIVING STORM FORCE!!!" he bellowed, and the returned thunder screamed back earthward. Sinking his hands into the softened grassy soil, Druidman tore two monstrous pike of sharpened wood and hurled them into the ozone-scented fray...

1.)Move towards CannonGuard2s.
2.)Move towards CannonGuard2s.
3.)ElecReel Battlechip to CannonGuard2 group. (80Elec+To-AllX2Terrain)
4.)Driving Storm Force to CannonGuard2A/C. (30Elec+20Wood/30Elec+20Wood)
5.)Reserved for dodging.
After approaching the CanoGuard, the two navi had little to no problem taking care of the immobile viruses!...that is all.

-Front Lines-
Twinner1A: DELETED
Twinner2A: DELETED
Twinner1B: DELETED
Twinner2B: DELETED

CanoGuard2A: DELETED
CanoGuard2B: DELETED
CanoGuard2C: DELETED
CanoGuard2D: DELETED

Terrain: 30% Grass, 20% Cracked (CanoGuards' spot) 20% Ice (Former-Twinners' spot) 10% Normal (Where Splash & Druid are standing), 20% Missing (Surrounding Area)

SplashLady: 205HP
DruidMan: 430HP

-BATTLE WON!-
SplashLady: 2,300z + 3 FXP + 1 FXP [Rogue Net Bonus] + 1 FXP [Friendly Heal]
DruidMan: 2,500z + 3 FXP + 1 FXP [Rogue Net Bonus]
Woo, another plan resulting in the deletion of viruses. Awesome. With a final raise of her spear, SplashLady transferred the data that appeared in front of her over to her designated PET. "Sweet, we won! Nice recovery, DruidMan!" A beeping noise suddenly came from inside her helmet, which only meant one thing. "You've got mail, Sabrina! It's from...the inn in Yoka you were staying?"

"That's weird, I wonder what's up? Read it for me!"

"Okay, it says...uh-oh...it says that if you don't get back soon, we'll lose the room! I don't think your dad would like that..."

"What?!" Okay, that was bad. If they lost the room, that meant no free place to crash in Electopia. Which meant that she either would have to sleep on the streets, or pay for a place indoors. Neither of which appealed to her in the slightest. "All right, I think we need to head over there..."

"Yeah...sorry DruidMan, looks like we're gonna have to bail. But I still had fun, even if it was just one battle!" With that, the jack out sequence began, and the mermaid Navi disappeared without a trace.

(EXIT NET)
"Oh. Yeah, no problem, Splashdudette." Druidman replied after he had gathered his own share of spoils. "But hey, here's my email if you ever want to go running around down here again." he said, scribbling something onto a scroll and tossing it to the mermaid Navi before she jacked out.

"Well, this is less than fun." Steve added as Druidman found himself alone. "You better jack out too. I want to go buy some stuff anyways."

And with that, Druidman exploded into thousands of leaves, which were quickly scattered away by a scant wind...

((Topic over! Sabrina GET: Steve's Email))