Sneaking out with friends

In due course, Keeper explained, and Lyntael listened. She hadn't meant to make all she said come out as accusations, really, but hearing herself talking in the recorded image did leave the girl ducking her head slightly at the tone. She was still upset, but the more Keeper explained, the more relieved she felt, and the more self-conscious about the accusatory tones she head herself employing.

Ever now and then she stole a quick glance towards Eternalis to see how he was reacting; he already knew she was a little unusual, but she was still checking his reaction to hearing it spelled out so clearly by a being whose job it was to assess such things. In an odd sort of way, she found Keepers very firm assertion that she wasn't, in fact, damaged, broken or dysfunctional, strangely comforting. Even if her poor control continued to be an issue, and fear or anxiety continued to get in the way of her doing what Rogan asked of her. Hearing this individual categorically rule her as healthy and well felt... reassuring?

When Keeper revealed just how thoroughly his sight, and indeed the scans of the Memory fault ran, it gave Lyntael the urge to lift her hands up and cover herself; even if they couldn't read thoughts or memories, the feeling like they could look over and through even her physical body so thoroughly was a little bit uncomfortable and invasive... Did they know she rather needed the bathroom somewhat? Probably, by the sound of it... Was she comfortable with some random system official getting information like that about her? Not really, no... She suppressed the urge to cover herself anyway and straightened her hands back down near her skirt again after a moment; it wasn't like it would do any good.

She nodded with small, vaguely chastised motions to the rest of his answers and descriptions as they came forward. Truthfully, the girl found herself more comfortable when Keeper was in his child-like form, since even if he was a bit loopier, there, he was far less intimidating to her. Talk of protecting navis from abusive operators made her brow furrow slightly and a thread of worry passed through her. She wasn't aware of exactly how far laws protecting navigators really went... it was always a bit of a legal grey area, from what she knew, but by all rights, if she were treated like a human, Rogan's treatment of her would almost certainly fall into the category of neglect, if not outright abuse. She was silently glad that they hadn't pulled any information on him, and that she herself bore no identifying traces or signatures anywhere in her make-up. That she knew of anyway.

“I... um...” when Keeper was finished, she swallowed. “Ah, thank you. I'm glad to hear all that, it makes me feel much better. I didn't mean to accuse, really, it was just,” she shook her head and bit her lip for a moment.

“I still feel like there's a big difference between a program that can't respond and needs to be contained, and one who can calmly talk and answer questions. I... I hurt Eternalis, by accident, when Bishop attacked me. Because that was how it felt, to me, at the time, you understand that, don't you? If I'd been violent, or uncommunicative, I'd understand what she did, but I wasn't. She should have asked.” She dropped her head and looked to the side, rubbing uncomfortably at one arm with her other hand. “I don't have a lot of control when I'm that terrified. I could have really hurt someone badly...”

“I am sorry, for making such a fuss. It's just, after Bishop did that, it made me really... I really didn't want to trust her at all, or anything she said, or you, or any of the other simpler, hand-wave little answers that we were fed to begin with... So I had to ask. I wasn't... I wasn't trying to accuse, I was just worried. It, um, it means a lot, now that you've explained it all.”

With her apology out of the way, Lyntael stood back a bit, not quite retreating behind Eternalis, exactly, but definitely trying to reduce her own presence in the spotlight as much as she could. All of her own questions had been more or less answered, and as much as she no longer felt like the place they were in was dangerous, or a threat to her, it sounded like their welcome was already at an end.
The odd transformations that Keeper appeared to constantly undergo held his attention for a few moments, wondering how such a... fluctuating entity could be the administrator of what appeared to be a very important facility. Trying to rationalize the design choice got him nowhere, and he assumed it came with the job eventually, after having done it for so long. As the recording of their past few minutes from Keeper's perspective came up, he was treated to Lyntael's questions being replayed back to them, albeit with some extra information displayed.

In a way, he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that there were fewer of the analysis boxes displayed on his person--though, in the first place, he didn't really have much going on. The ones that appeared and disappeared on Lyntael's person were a bit too fast for him to follow. The explanations that followed allayed most of his earlier apprehensions about the morbid atmosphere of the place. He still felt that there could have possibly been a better, possibly less spooky aesthetic to choose for storing heavily damaged memories than self-writing books, which made him shiver a little. A glance at Lyntael made Eternalis raise a figurative eyebrow, with her racing to cover herself, for whatever reason, despite the fact that what was being read from her was only data. Still, it was understandable that she was still somewhat apprehensive over the entire thing as well, but still attempting to calm down a little more.

When he looked back to Keeper, however, the old-looking administrator had gone stock still in the middle of the explanation, stunning him. "I didn't know it was siesta time already," quipped Eternalis. His little joke was then cut short, being jumped from behind by Keeper. The surprise was enough to make him yelp out, along with Sparky, who immediately began to bark out in protest of the scare. He managed to hush down the pup quickly enough, while he caught his own breath. The explanation continued regardless, including a projection of himself being used as an example.

Sparky barked out at the duplication of his master, while Eternalis himself was a little conflicted about whether to laugh or to feel degraded at being made to dance so badly. The child form somewhat got on his nerves, he much preferred the older one. The implication of his "weird" programming did make him tilt his head a little, but one look at his own projection did confirm that he was definitely a strange-looking creature, all things considered. Lyntael's response still seemed a little more cautious, but it seemed like she was, at least for the moment, somewhat satisfied with what had been presented.

As Lyntael retreated to make herself a little scarcer in everyone's sight, Eternalis stole a glance in her direction. After a bit of hesitation, he reached over and patted her a few times on the back, without another word. Sparky took the chance to reach out from his arms towards Lyntael to give her a few licks, though he was quickly pulled back. Turning back to Keeper, he gave a half-hearted smile, not entirely sure what to say in closing. After a few seconds, he shook his head. "Don't think we have any more questions. Seems like you're doing a good job of things here keeping things running, so thanks for showing us around the place," he said, grinning.
Once again the kindly old Keeper appeared before them. "Yes, I agree, she should have asked. Bishop has always been a little overzealous about her task, and chances are you may have rattled her a little bit as well. Still, that does not excuse her behavior."

Bishop winced, still standing to the side.

"Still, don't think that we simply mean to say 'sorry for your time, now get out! Ho ho ho." Keeper tapped a few spots on the top of his hourglass, seemingly more for amusement than any real purpose, and two data caches appeared in the air before the group. One was earmarked for Lyntael, and refused to interact with Eternalis's code; one was marked for Eternalis in kind, and refused access to Lyntael. "Consider these both an apology for wasting your time, and our gratitude for your understanding." Keeper told them. The disc he'd used to demonstrate before lit up again, but this time it was the familiar pulse of a warp portal. "While we've been talking, the Memory Fault has formed a connection to your starting position. This pad will now enable you to leave."

The old man grew still, and both navis could see that the sands had run from his glass.

"Honestly!" Young Keeper burst from Old Keeper as he turned to ash, licking a huge lollipop. "You don't have to go you know? Like, if you guys wanna hang out and do some stuff- ugh, no, boring me will get mad if I say it like that." Young Keeper blew a raspberry, and then changed his tone to more resemble his elder self. "If you would like to perform services for the Memory Fault and be rewarded accordingly for your time," he mock-mimed. "We have several tasks that you might be able to undertake, if you are interested." Young Keeper plopped back down on his chair, rolling his eyes. "It's up to you two if you wanna hang out though!"

Data Cache Lyntael: Attack+20, 4000z
Data Cache Eternalis: Navi+20, 4000z

Both the offer and the teleport were left open for either navi to accept.
As much as she could tell that Eternalis wasn't as fond of the younger Keeper's antics, Lyntael found herself increasingly more put to ease between the serious explanations and the breaks for frivolity. She had calmed enough that, despite a small uncertain flinch when her companion reach back to comfort her, he managed to rub her back without any untoward shocks; just a little bit of residual static. She glanced up to offer him a small grin in return.

On the whole, she felt better about the place now, and found she was more inclined to believe the Keeper than she had been initially. A part of her even felt a bit bad to see Bishop more publicly chastised despite everything. Considering that Keeper had mentioned that she had done her proper duty earlier, though, she guessed that the other woman wasn't likely to get in any real trouble at least. The talk of compensation made her start as she looked back to the master of the memory fault with a more wide-eyed expression.

“Oh! It's alright, we...” she trailed away uncertain, then gingerly accepted the data packet that was being presented. It had been an inconvenience after all, and after all of her complaining, refusing any recompense would probably seem very hypocritical. Instead she accepted it with a duck of her head and a quiet “Thank you,” before stepping back again. As she touched the packet, she quickly decompiled and recoded it to a slim string that coiled about her wrist and raced up her arm, under her vest, until it settled to circle about the outer edge of her emblem, awaiting a proper re-connection.

Hearing that the out-bound connection could deliver them both to her own point of entry was in itself a relief for the young girl. As much as she'd originally come here to train and practice getting used to conflict with Eternalis and Aurora, the events of the past hour had left her feeling more than a little drained and jumpy. It might not really be the best time any more, despite her hopeful intentions. She found herself longing for her home again; a shower and a cup of tea, as much as anything else. Even so, she couldn't help but grin at the younger keeper when he reappeared to ask if they wanted to stay around.

“Do you... get bored here? Your adult selves seem to always have work to do, of some sort, I guess, but they aren't really the same as you, are they? I'm sorry I can't really stay, and I don't think I could visit either. Rogan needs me, after all...” She quieted and her eyes dropped to the side as she thought briefly about what Keeper had said before; about protections for abused or neglected navigators. She really ought to learn more about what her rights really were, but alongside needing to be there for Rogan, she wasn't sure it mattered that much in the end. “Even if he won't ever admit it.” She finished with a small shrug, then looked up again and tried to smile.

“A-Anyway, I think we should probably be going. Harke and Eternalis have your outside contact details now, if, um, if they want to help out in the future... I'm sure I won't be allowed to though. Thank you again, and sorry for taking up so much time!” She gave a nervous wave, then tentatively approached the exit pad they'd been directed to, waiting for Eternalis and Sparky to join her before stepping on.
[Z > 7845 > 6845.]

The offering of the data cache surprised both Navi and operator, as with the half-hearted grin Eternalis was wearing earlier turned into a more genuine smile. Examining the data, he found that the compensation they received wasn't half bad, either. Not anything too fancy, but enough that it would be a decent parting gift. "Thanks, appreciate it," he said, processing the data to prepare it to send up to the PET once they were out of the Fault's jackout barrier. As he stepped up to the warp pad, he gave a slight bow to Bishop, who really seemed all too weary of the extended "customer support" episode. The warp pad began to dimly hum, and he felt the transfer initiate. Before it fully started up, however, he raised his hand to bid the Fault's staff farewell, but not before he felt a sudden jolt entangle his body. A jolt that he had experienced before, when he had been taken up in Lyntael's emulated link up to her PET.

Thankfully, it didn't seem to be as much of an ordeal as it was previously, but he definitely felt it as the same kind of "warp sickness", if he could put that name to it. Nothing more than getting a bit of a dizzy spell, as well as being short of breath. More importantly, he dreaded that it might have signified something else that had happened to them. Sure enough, looking around the place where they had landed confirmed his suspicions. "... This doesn't look like where we started," he said.

"Arf!" the pup in his arms echoed. Sparky seemed to be fine enough, at least, but he was concerned about the last traveler in their party. "Lyntael, you okay?" he said.
Stepping onto the pad with her companion, Lyntael closed her eyes; the sense of where Rogan's PET was emulating its link from had become almost impossible to sense at all while they were here in this off-the-map location, but she focused on what tiny traces of the feeling she still had. Hopefully they'd end up close, if Eternalis had given the staff the right location details.

Her mind drifted slightly as she felt the warp pad intialise. Internal network transfers were usually fine; compared to her jack-in and -out transitions, through the link, they were smooth to the point of barely feeling any thing at all. It was how it was meant to be for everything, she was pretty sure; the few times that Rogan had actually jacked her in properly, in the normal way, had been the same.

A feeling of sharp static chased through her as the light took them and Lyntael gasped. Too late she realised her mistake. It was possible, if very difficult for her to find the link remotely and return to her PET without returning to the insertion point, but even a short distance made the discomfort almost unbearable and it took time and focus as well. It was a lot like setting up an array of relay transitions, but constructed through her own charge without any network support – rough to say the least. As the transit began, however, she had been thinking about her connection and focused on it, and the interference made her flinch even as their forms disappeared.

When her senses returned, Lyntael stumbled forward then quickly turned about to see if anything had gone wrong. Uncomfortable aches suffused her muscles, and her chest heaved as she drew breath, but it wasn't terrible. More concerning was the different landscape. Her eyes found Eternalis and Sparky a moment later and a small measure of relief came with them.

“I... I'm sorry, that was my fault! I... I was thinking about getting home, and, the trace for the emulation was... um... It was an accident, but, I think I interfered with the transit. I didn't realise what I was doing!” Her tense expression had slipped into an apologetic cringe as she tried to explain, but after seeing that she was still with her friends, and that everyone was unhurt at least, she straightened up and tried to shake herself out.

“I keep making mistakes. I know you must be getting tired of it, but at least I can point us in the right direction...” She closed her eyes and concentrated again, feeling for the faint tracer sensation of where the emulation point was tethered. After a moment she opened her eyes and tried a smile, pointing into the over-grown landscape to her right.

“It's that way. Not too far, I think, but not really close either... Sorry.” She paused, hanging her head briefly and rubbing at the back of her neck. “It might only be a short walk, if we're lucky, right?”

She was worried about stumbling on more hostilities again, even if it felt like the hike, by distance, wouldn't be more than a half hour, maybe... but in the back of her mind she also tried to remind herself that part of the point of coming out today was to get less frightened about exactly that kind of encounter, if it did happen. She straightened her shoulders and took a breath... then waited of Eternalis to take the lead.
"So that's what that was," said Eternalis. He let Sparky down from his arms as he did so, which the pup gladly took as an opportunity to shake himself dry from the drizzle they had walked through earlier. Looking over where Lyntael was pointing at, he squinted his eyes; he couldn't see where they had come from. Luckily, his operator chimed in with a video feed that opened up next to him.

"I can confirm what Lyntael said, it's not too far away from where you are right now. Probably about a ten minute distance," said Harke through the feed, looking a little less stressed than he was before, but it still definitely looked like he would appreciate them being out of the situation they were in as soon as possible. Running some fingers through his hair, he adjusted his seat slightly and craned his head forward towards the screen. "Everyone okay?"

"Yeah, we're all fine here, or so it looks like, at least," Eternalis exhaled and hung his shoulders, looking out towards where they would be headed. It was a small blessing that Harke had confirmed the distance to be a short one. If the Rogue layer's reputation was anything to go by, though, their trek back wouldn't be without detractors. "--What about Aurora? Is she all right?" he asked tentatively, stealing a glance towards Lyntael, who seemed like she would bow her head off if she apologized any longer. Usually, being jacked out through the EJO system like she had before brought no complications, but for Lyntael's sake (and perhaps his own), he still reached for confirmation.

"Aurora's still out of commission from the EJO, so I can't send her out yet. It's taking some time for her auto-repair, since you were behind that jack-out barrier for a while. Sorry."

Eternalis smiled. "It's all right, I wasn't asking so you'd send her out, anyhow. I'll still be relying on your ops, though." With Aurora and Sparky's recent emergency jackouts, he had been made painfully aware of how limited his ability to protect others was. Now, it was even more critical that it wouldn't be compromised. Something inside him changed subtly, as he turned towards Lyntael, and then towards Sparky, at his feet, and then back towards her.

"Let's go."

---

[Resetting Battle Counter... Rogue Battle 1 - Ready.]
[NetNavi: Eternalis.EXE: 600HP / Undershirt. Aqua/Team: All For One/Unify.]
[SP: Sparky.SP: 80HP / Flight, Second Chance. Elec/Speed: High Gear/Overclock.]
Listening to Harke chip in was an extra layer of feeling the presence of friends about her, though it did make Lyntael frown slightly at the operator's assessment of the distance. She didn't have any idea about what sort of network terrain lay between them, but she had to guess that it just meant that Harke was used to Eternalis travelling a lot more quickly and more effectively then her own estimates. Hopefully she could avoid slowing things down too badly.

Without really thinking about it, she looked up and nodded along, turning a focused look to Harke when Aurora was mentioned. They'd confirmed her safe arrival before, but it was still a relief to know she was recovering well... if still a worry that their unexpected diversion had slowed the process.

“Is that... because keeping track of us in that other place took more resources... or because the actual process needs Eternalis to be reachable?” It was still difficult for her to think of Aurora as a support program, really, no matter the technicalities of the arrangement they had. Either way it was a bit scary that her recovery might be so dependant on someone else. “Ah, I'm glad she's doing alright though. I hope she feels better soon!”

That said, it meant they were on their own for the trek back, and the sooner that got started, the sooner she'd be home and could shower, among other things. She smiled for Eternalis and nodded to his firm, affirmative direction, then moved after him, staying about a half step back as they began to make their way through the overgrown net.

“So.. do you think you or Harke might actually look into that place any more? the Keeper said they had work, and it does sound like they're trying to do something important, in the end. He was a bit intimidating though... I'm still not really sure how I feel about someone being able to scan me like that, and see everything that makes me up... I know it mostly just comes out as data, but I can't help feel like... you know... it sees everything, like, my clothes, and my underwear and... my, um, my skin...” She shook of the brief blush that came with the words. “I don't think I like that they can just... do that... you know?”

As she walked along, Lyntael moved delicately, taking longer or shorter steps as she crossed the ground so she could favour the clearer or smoother patches and looking up at Eternalis as she skipped.

((Ready for battle 1, 150/150Hp))
((45 FXP earned for both Eternalis & Lyntael for previous non-battle encounter -Lurch))

And viruses they found on their path to safety. A spooky ghost arose, its long tongue dripping slime upon the moist ground. A hole opened up near the ghost and a puppy dog stuck its head out. With a roar of engines, two Kharma blasted out of the foliage and flanked the ghost and dog.

Off to the right of the path, a lake of steaming onsen waters rolled out towards the east. Floating in the lake was a gleaming blue crystal. A large puffer fish rose out of the heated waters besides it and puffed out its spines. A darkened shape in the waters turned out to be a submarine, as a periscope extended out of the water to take a look around.

Finally, off to the north-east, a sausage-shaped fish was flopping about in the mud at the edge of the lake.

-- Viruses --
Spooky2Spooky2 (Spooky)

Area: ACDC, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Netopia

HP: 80
Attack: 30 Null
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Teleports up to the opponent and slaps with its long tongue.
Element: Null
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Recover30, Recover50 (Uncommon), Recover80 (Rare), Invis2 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Can teleport at will.
- Can use Recover 80 on any virus below 1/2 HP
: 80 HP [Normal]
Rush2Rush2 (Rush)

Will not appear for Navis lower level than 5.

Area: SciLab, Yoka, Netopia, NetVegas

HP: 100
Attack Damage/Effect: None
Attack Accuracy: N/A
Attack Description: N/A
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Popup, Any RARE chip for current network tier, Zenny (10x normal)
Special: Only ONE Rush may appear in any given battle. This virus is rare.
Special: Immune to terrain effects besides damage multiplication.
Special: One free dodge per turn.
Special: Will always survive with 1 HP no matter how much damage is done to it. If it has more than 1 HP at the end of a turn, it will automatically escape. After it checks for escape, it will be restored to full HP if still present in battle. When it is the last virus remaining in a battle, it will leave its rewards behind and flee the battle.
: 100 HP [Normal]
KarmaKarma (Dharma)

Dharma move and dodge at average speed. Their puck attacks rebound off of the edges of the battlefield as if there were an invisible wall there. They can rebound up to 3 times before finally passing off of the field or dissipating into thin air. The pucks pass through anything they hit except boundary walls, terrain, and friendly viruses. The pucks can not damage other Dharmas. This virus cannot attack while moving.

Area: Yoka, Netopia, Sharo, NetVegas

HP: 170
Attack Damage/Effect: 45 Null + Break + Piercing + Rebound(3) + Ground Attack
Attack Accuracy: E
Attack Description: Throws a Hockey puck at the enemy. Break.
Possible Rewards (Per virus): AirHockey2, Zenny
A: 170 HP [Normal]
KarmaKarma (Dharma)

Dharma move and dodge at average speed. Their puck attacks rebound off of the edges of the battlefield as if there were an invisible wall there. They can rebound up to 3 times before finally passing off of the field or dissipating into thin air. The pucks pass through anything they hit except boundary walls, terrain, and friendly viruses. The pucks can not damage other Dharmas. This virus cannot attack while moving.

B: 170 HP [Normal]
MuckfeeshMuckfeesh (Mudfeesh)

This virus looks like a sausage shaped fish with a brown underbelly, a blue/green/red/black back (depending on the version) with a wavy dorsal fin, a mouth that constantly gasps for air, beady little eyes and a large flat tail that it uses to propel itself. It moves by flopping around very erratically, granting the family a passive dodge effect.

Area: Yoka, Okuden Valley, Beach, Yumland

Attack Damage/Effect: 45 Wood + Impact + Blind
Attack Description: It leaps at its target, attempting to slam into it with its slimy belly.
Element: Wood
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): MudFlop2, Zenny
Special: One passive dodge per turn.
-Creates mud terrain where it moves.
: 100 HP [Mud]
Buffy-ABuffy-A (Puffy-A)

Area: Yoka, Beach, Sharo

HP: 200
Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Aqua + Spread(8) + Homing + Ground Attack
Attack Accuracy: C
Attack Description: Fires a 30 HP bouncing bubble which explodes after hitting an object or enemy or being destroyed.
Element: Aqua
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Spreader2, BubbleSpreader2 (Rare), Zenny
Special: Immobile.
: 200 HP [Onsen]
MarinerMariner (Marina)

Marina family viruses will only appear if there is at least 10% Sea Terrain present at the start of combat. They do not have to appear on Sea Terrain, but at least 10% of the field must be Sea Terrain.

Area: Sharo

Attack Damage/Effect: 80 Aqua / 80 Aqua
Attack Accuracy: C / A
Attack Description: Fires a bubble with an anchor in it. The bubble floats in a slow helix pattern. If the bubble is popped with an attack, the anchor flies towards the nearest enemy target.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): SideBubble2, Zenny
Special: Automatically submerges when on sea panels.
: 200 HP [Submerged] [Onsen]

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP
Sparky.SP: 80 HP
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP

-- Terrain --
70% Normal
  • No effects.

5% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
  • Automatically triggers Aqua Boost for appropriate chip attacks.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Wood + Slow1.
[Puddle North-East]
25% Onsen
  • Aqua Elementals gain 3 HP/action partially or fully submerged, Non-Aqua Elementals only when partially submerged.
  • If any Sea Terrain exists in an adjacent panel, Onsen panels will change to Sea Terrain, except in Yoka (Sea will convert to Onsen).
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
  • Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Aqua + Blast1 Blind.
[Lake to the East]

-- Objects --
BMD: 35 HP [Onsen]

-- Rogue Battle 1 Ready? Start!! --
Harke scratched his head at Lyntael's inquiry, as his mouse-clicking could be heard in the background. "Hmmm... I actually don't know. Usually auto-repair starts by itself whenever a program triggers EJO, as soon as they're successfully transferred back to the PET. At least, that's what it's like for Eternalis, and Sparky. Seems like it stalled for Aurora for some reason, though, until you guys got out of the area just now, then it started back up. I'll let you know when she's up."

The fact that he didn't actually notice until he checked on Aurora's progress right then, however, he chose to omit, looking away from the monitor to do exactly that. The complications that arose from Aurora's unorthodox NetNavi container, entrapped by the limitations of her attachment to Eternalis as a Support Program, was both a concerning problem and an interesting challenge. Trying to multitask was hard enough, he thought, as he began to probe the issue.

Meanwhile, Eternalis took to the task of leading the way through the foliage that was the Rogue Yoka network, while handling the overactive Sparky, who had chosen to use his legs as a playground to run around in. As such, the trek back was slower than he would have liked, but it seemed like Lyntael was keeping pace slightly behind him anyhow. Listening to her concerns once more, she seemed to be quite concerned about her privacy, though how she voiced them was a bit more detail than he expected, judging from how he averted his eyes for the moment. For some reason, even as he knew Aurora was out of commission, he could feel some kind of burning gaze at the back of his mind.

"I-I guess I can understand that--? I don't have much to hide myself, though," he said, trying to make it look like he was scouting the area instead of hiding his own embarrassment, as they passed by a steaming lake of hot spring water. However, his pretense caught the sight of an actual threat--the sight of a Spooky materializing some distance in front of them, along with a trio of accompanying viruses. Immediately, he halted in his tracks and straightened up, gesturing towards Lyntael to do the same.

"Hold up, we've got company." He turned to the screen at his side. "Harke, you there?"

Harke looked up from his work, and spotted the few problems right away. "Here. Any chips you want?"

Eternalis delibrated for a moment. "PanelGrab, ElecReel and GolemHit. Thanks," he said. Turning to Sparky, his brow furrowed slightly, before he knelt down to speak to the pup. "Sparky, check for anything in the air. Don't fight anyone." The little one barked in affirmation, and, with a small crouch, rocketed up into the air, as if it was the most normal thing to do. High up in the air, Sparky would be safe from most of the attacks.

He then turned towards Lyntael, wondering what to do for the moment. The chips he had requested earlier allowed him to stay closer to Lyntael for now, as he couldn't very well just leave her behind without proper backup, but the best way to deal with the viruses was to meet them head-on. It would be better if he could do so without having to worry about his healing being too late in reaching his target, but he had no way of telling when exactly they needed it, and he had paid the price for that with how Aurora had been jacked out earlier.

Looking down at himself as he tried to think of a solution, he stared through his translucent body, and glimpsed his emblem embedded into his back. A thought came to him, and he recalled the previous "experiment" he had done with Aurora on merging his body with hers, how their minds managed to act in sync then. If that was the case, then it would be simple to distribute the healing exactly when she needed it. Still, it only worked because of how Aurora's body composition had closely matched his, and the procedure that they had tried out wasn't exactly--well, the thought made him redden a little in embarrassment. However, as ridiculous as the idea seemed, and as much as he tried to convince himself that it would be a tall task to get Lyntael to even agree to trying it out, he couldn't get himself to dismiss the possibility.

His thoughts were interrupted by the chips he requested earlier coming into his processing queue, jolting him back to reality. In the moment, a choice was made there and then. While the PanelGrab's accuracy-enhancing powers began to infuse itself into his processes, he readied his pose to stand against the viruses in front of them. "Lyn, there's something I want to try out. There might be a way to distribute my healing factor faster than I did before, so it can intercept attacks. Might not work, so I wanted to ask you if you're up for it," he said. The PanelGrab's effects finished processing, and he raised his hand against the tongue-wielding ghost in front of the party.

Electricity cracked between his fingers, before firing out an instantaneous bolt towards the Spooky. While the smell of ozone still lingered, he then formed a fist, and allowed the GolemHit's chip data to empower his arm. The gauntlet on his right arm grew into a massive metal arm, almost as large as his own body. Lowering his stance, he drew back the metal arm behind him, before swinging it up into the air and detaching it from his body. The slime arm underneath regrew back in an instant, and he readied himself to avoid any incoming attacks, while keeping an eye out for attacks going Lyntael's way as well, so as to supply her with his healing processes.

High in the sky, the metal arm Eternalis launched split up into two parts, each part forming an identical copy of the initial metal arm. It then turned back towards the ground, raining down on the viruses in front of them in a pair of earth-shaking smashes.

// Summary
[Et.1] Chip: PanelGrabEffect: Accuracy Enhancement
Accuracy: S
Description: Increases the accuracy of all other attacks this turn by 1 Rank.
Duration: Until end of turn.
Trader Rank: D
: Accuracy Enhancement (Acc: S)
[Sk.1] Act: Rush up into High Altitude: Movement (Overclock: BaseEva=50%, High Gear: Eva+)

[Et.2] Chip: ElecReel1Damage: 80 + Spread 3 (Side + Behind)
Accuracy: B
Description: A small bolt of lightning that spreads sideways and behind the target upon impact.
Duration: Once
Element: Elec
: 80 + Spread 3 (Side + Behind) (Acc: B) @ Rush2 + Spooky2 (Primary) + KarmaA/B (PanelGrab: Acc+)
[Sk.2] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge (High Gear: Eva+)

[Et.3] Chip: GolemHit2Damage: 190 + Break + Panel Crack + Wide Attack
Accuracy: C
Description: A fist of stone falls from the sky to smash an enemy, and create a shock wave that hits two nearby enemies. The area affected by the fist becomes Cracked terrain.
Trader Rank: C
: 190 + Break + Panel Crack + Wide Attack (Acc: C) @ KarmaA/B + Rush2 (PanelGrab: Acc+)
[Et.4] Chip: GolemHit2Damage: 190 + Break + Panel Crack + Wide Attack
Accuracy: C
Description: A fist of stone falls from the sky to smash an enemy, and create a shock wave that hits two nearby enemies. The area affected by the fist becomes Cracked terrain.
: 190 + Break + Panel Crack + Wide Attack (Acc: C) @ KarmaA/B + Rush2 (PanelGrab: Acc+)
[Et.5] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
[Et.6] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge

[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20x3 @ Self, Lyntael
The break in their conversation brought Lyntael's eyes forward again as Eternalis noted the new arrivals. Her breath caught and she flinched, but then swallowed and took a longer breath, stepping back and to the side. Without really realising, her delicately skipping steps drifted into a more ordered form; still light and mostly only her toes, but with a casually refined line that seemed more or less unconscious. She swallowed and looked at the viruses... these ones did seem aggressively hostile, and the chances of slipping by without a fight looked slim. She looked across to Eternalis to see him sending Sparky up to safety and briefly wondered if she might not be safer going with the pup, in the same way she'd seen Aurora ride him previously... but Aurora could still contribute to the battle from up there, and she really couldn't. Her heart rate had jumped, but she repeated to herself in her mind that the point was to not panic. The viruses looked dangerous and strong, and she could feel the keen edges of fear edging in at her, but she pushed it away.

Instead, she closed her eyes and took a longer breath, then reached for the soft hum in her chest and pushed a hand outwards. The familiar static reverb of her barrier expanding outwards answered in response, stabilising itself as it spread past her strikers and fading from sight after another moment. Lyntael nodded to herself. That was something she was better at now, at least. Even if her feet and hands did still feel a bit tingly and numb from the residual charge. She could feel the cycle of her charge going around in her chest; a pulse that was, for now, moving much more slowly than her heart beat. Sparks began to snap in her hair and she felt the electricity rising as trails of wind started to whip and circle about her with increasing speed, but she pressed the rest of it down and inwards, resisting the less controlled parts of her bodily reactions. Eternalis was still too close, and she didn't want to risk hurting him.

She took a few more steps away to the side, glancing between him and the many viruses around them. If she was closer to the ones ahead, and further from her friend, that might make it easier to... she looked across her line of thought stopping as Eternalis called out. She nodded quickly; it might have been a bit selfish, but if he had a way to make sure that his healing reached her the moment she got hurt, then...

“Alright... What... What do you need?” She edged back again, still looking mostly towards her companion while trying to keep an eye on the hostile viruses. She didn't want to get too close to him, especially now that she could feel her charge beginning to rise to her skin, but if there was something she could do that was helpful, then hanging back to hear him out seemed like the best thing she could do.

As she looked back, of course, Eternalis released a series of strikes potent enough to decimate more than half the field, and she couldn't help the small squeak of shock that made her duck slightly to the side as he unleashed. Maybe he was just trying to distract her while he cleared the area...? Not that she would mind being out of danger as swiftly as possible, but she didn't want to feel completely useless either. She let her eyes follow his attacks to see what happened, still listening for other instructions from him, just in case there was more to what he was asking than distraction. Her charge was still trying to creep to the surface and she could feel the electrical glow beginning to dance beneath her skin, around her wrists and ankles.

She still wanted to hang back, close to Eternalis in case he needed her, but at least if something did come her way directly, she watched, cautious, and was ready to strike out at it, hands raised in a loose guard and shifting on her toes. The creeping circle of winds was picking up around her, making her skirt and vest flutter delicately, and the feel of it close was something more of a comfort to the girl, than the sense of charge within her, eager to release and expend itself at something.

Summary
L1) Dodge
L2) My Heart falters (80Elec Barrier, Buster Charge, Off-Target)(Overcharge -2)
L3) Dodge (Moving away from Eternalis a little bit, in case of accidents, just out of her nova range)
L4) Buster Charge
L5) Full Charge Strike (120Elec, Disarm, A)(Overcharge +3)(At anything that comes within their melee range, but not moving to meet anything is nothing does)
L*) A Manifest Spirit (15Elec, Nova2, A)(Overcharge -1)(If attacking something in Melee range, otherwise Suppressed this round)
L6) Buster Charge (Waiting for Eternalis' instructions)

Cooldowns and Overcharge

My Heart Falters: 3TCD

Overcharge: Begin: 0, Heart Falters -2, Full Charge Strike (If it happens) +3, Manifest Spirit (If it happens) -1, End: +2 OR 0
As the battle began Eternalis enhanced his accuracy, Sparky took toward the sky to avoid the fight, and Lyntael defended while creeping away from Eternalis. The Spooky teleported up and slapped Eternalis with its tongue, unable to evade, causing some damage. Although with his massive HP pool, it was just that, a slap on the face.

With Sparky evading, and Lyntael putting up a barrier, Eternalis launched an electric attack against the Rush and the two nearby Karma. The Rush and Karma A dodge, and it flat out misses Karma B. The Muckfeesh launches itself across the pond, misses its target, and sails directly over Lyntael's head, before landing in a splash of mud behind her.

With Sparky safely in the air, and Lyntael moving slightly farther away from Eternalis while defending, Eternalis tries to crush the Karma and Rush again. His attack hits square on, and their attempts at evading fail. Both Karma are deleted, but the Rush remains with a sliver of health, unable to be destroyed. The Spooky tries to slap Eternalis with its tongue again, but fails to land a hit. And the Buffy-A launches a bouncing bubble at Eternalis, but misses.

Eternalis dropped another crushing hit upon the Rush, just to make sure. It tried to dodge a third time, but failed again, and was again pounded into the dirt. The cracked ground gave way and it fell into a hole not of its making. Lyntael charged further as the Muckfeesh near her flailed at her with its muddy body. But she easily evaded it as it moved to follow, spreading more mud everywhere. The submarine launched a bubble-anchor towards Eternlis, but the slow moving bubble was easily avoided.

Eternalis took a defensive stance as Lyntael finally joined the fray, unleashing a massive wave of electrical energy, at that flailing Muckfeesh that was hounding her! Her aim was true, and its movements a tiny bit slower, and it got struck hard. The muddy fish was flash-fried on the spot, sinking into the mud with a sizzling. The floating pufferfish released another bouncing bubble at Eternlis, and missed.

Eternalis continued to hold a defensive stance as Lyntael charged further. After unleashing her massive full-charged blast, there was nothing near enough her to blast with her Nova2 attack. Eternalis was between her and the Spooky, which was the closest other virus in her path... and clearly she didn't want to shock him again right? The Mariner launches an anchor-bubble attack skyward towards the evading pup like a slow moving missile. Thankfully, Sparky manages to evade it.

Then the two bouncing bubbles reverse course, all on their own, and start bouncing back toward Eternalis. Also, the strange form of the dog in the hole knits itself back together from the errant code of the Net, ready to try to flee again. Two can play at that game too, as Eternalis heals the party to full.

-- Viruses --
Spooky2Spooky2 (Spooky)

Attack Description: Teleports up to the opponent and slaps with its long tongue.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Recover30, Recover50 (Uncommon), Recover80 (Rare), Invis2 (Rare), Zenny
: 80 HP [Normal]
Rush2Rush2 (Rush)

Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Popup, Any RARE chip for current network tier, Zenny (10x normal)
Special: Will always survive with 1 HP no matter how much damage is done to it. If it has more than 1 HP at the end of a turn, it will automatically escape. After it checks for escape, it will be restored to full HP if still present in battle. When it is the last virus remaining in a battle, it will leave its rewards behind and flee the battle.
: 100 HP [Broken]
KarmaKarma (Dharma)

A: DELETED
KarmaKarma (Dharma)

B: DELETED

This virus looks like a sausage shaped fish with a brown underbelly, a blue/green/red/black back (depending on the version) with a wavy dorsal fin, a mouth that constantly gasps for air, beady little eyes and a large flat tail that it uses to propel itself. It moves by flopping around very erratically, granting the family a passive dodge effect.

Attack Description: It leaps at its target, attempting to slam into it with its slimy belly.
: DELETED
Buffy-ABuffy-A (Puffy-A)

Attack Description: Fires a 30 HP bouncing bubble which explodes after hitting an object or enemy or being destroyed.
: 200 HP [Onsen]
MarinerMariner (Marina)

Marina family viruses will only appear if there is at least 10% Sea Terrain present at the start of combat. They do not have to appear on Sea Terrain, but at least 10% of the field must be Sea Terrain.

Attack Description: Fires a bubble with an anchor in it. The bubble floats in a slow helix pattern. If the bubble is popped with an attack, the anchor flies towards the nearest enemy target.
: 200 HP [Submerged] [Onsen]

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP [Normal]
Sparky.SP: 80 HP [High Altitude]
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP [80 HP Elec Barrier] [2 Buster Charges Expended!] [A Manifest Spirit Suppressed] [1 Buster Charge] [Normal]

-- Terrain --
45% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Cracked
  • Changes to Broken when stepped on, chance to fall in when triggered.
  • Burrow: Change terrain to Broken, Null 50 to burrower.
  • Panel Crack attacks, >100 Damage Break/Impact/Drop attacks: Change terrain hit to Broken.
  • PanelShot: Splash1.

5% Broken
  • Not bottomless.
  • Reverts to Normal after a time, if no one is inside.
  • Doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
  • 1-4 Movements actions to climb back out depending on method.

15% Mud
  • Non-Wood Elementals get -10% Evasion penalty and reduced movement speed, 25% (+/-25% RP) chance to fall or get stuck (1 action to get free).
[Puddle to the North-East and a larger puddle near Lyntael]
25% Onsen
  • Aqua Elementals gain 3 HP/action partially or fully submerged, Non-Aqua Elementals only when partially submerged.
  • If any Sea Terrain exists in an adjacent panel, Onsen panels will change to Sea Terrain, except in Yoka (Sea will convert to Onsen).
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
[Lake to the East]

-- Objects --
Bouncing Bubble A: 30 HP [Homing on Eternalis] [Normal]
Bouncing Bubble B: 30 HP [Homing on Eternalis] [Normal]
"Whoa!" The sudden entrance of the Muckfeesh surprised Eternalis as it sailed above their heads, and the bubbles from the side complicated matters as well; he didn't register the Buffy and the Mariner off to the side in his slightly flustered state.

After that, however, the fight seemed to be going swimmingly, to Eternalis's surprise. "Good one!" he called out, in response to Lyntael frying the fish that had leapt in unannounced on them. Perhaps they didn't need to resort to the "extreme measure" that he had thought of? Shortly after, however, he shook his head. That was what he had thought with Aurora not too long ago. While Aurora could be EJO'd safely back to the PET, Lyntael had no such luxury. Still, he couldn't quite bring himself to mention it right then. "--Sorry, I changed my mind! Seems we won't need it just right now. I'll tell you after the fight. There's only a few left now, so let's try to clean up," he said. Focusing more on the two large bouncing bubbles that seemed to be homing in on his position, he tried to lead them a little away from Lyntael. The viral info scanner noted them as being particularly explosive, so he didn't want to introduce any unintended collateral damage.

"Did you learn anything that could improve your recov process? That sounds pretty new to me," said Harke, glancing off to the side from trying to figure out what had caused Aurora's own recovery to stall. He seemed to be on the right track on his assumptions, spotting what seemed to be an auxiliary link between the PET and Eternalis's own functions. Strangely enough, despite not running on the network itself, it seemed like Aurora was still sharing resources that Eternalis was using. In between his investigating, he was also selecting a few chips to be sent.

His Navi seemed to receive the question with a bit of hesitation. "Er, you could say that. You'll see," replied Eternalis, averting his eyes away from the operator screen and preventing him from seeing the about face Harke had made. Regardless of how Harke felt about his Navi's coyness, the Arrow chip that was first sent over still went into his processes, and being interpreted as a twitchy ball of electricity, hovering over his palm. It crackled before he lightly tossed it over to the side, where it drifted over to the peeking periscope in the middle of the pool of hot water. His other hand, meanwhile, had a much larger electrical potential, with electrical arcs snaking up his arm. Raising his malformed arm, the arcs intensified before he fired off another bolt of lightning, this time in a relatively straight line compared to the last one.

Slinging off lightning bolt after lightning bolt thanks to the chips was second nature to him before, but every now and then he also stole a glance to the side, as he had discovered what it was like to not have the same ability, back when he had assumed Lyntael's Cross form. "Could you get me a StepSword too, Harke?" he said. The operator replied with an affirmative "Hm", and Eternalis's arm morphed in response, assuming the form of a lean blade. Instead of using it immediately, however, he put it on standby, as he waited for any targets either he or Lyntael missed. A quick swipe of his sword would finish them off quickly, he thought.

// Summary
[Et.1] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
[Sk.1] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge (High Gear: Eva+)

[Et.2] Chip: Arrow2Damage: 130 + Homing
Description: Summons an Elewasp virus, and sends it flying at an enemy. The Elewasp is tenacious, and will hunt down its prey. It vanishes after stinging it's target, or after two turns.
: 130 + Homing (Acc: B) @ Mariner (Onsen/Vs. Aqua: Elec+260)
[Sk.2] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge (High Gear: Eva+)

[Et.3] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
[Et.4] Chip: DollThunder1Damage: 80 + Line-Attack5
Description: Fires a powerful bolt of lightning that pierces through objects and enemies alike.
: 80 + Line-Attack5 (Acc: B) @ Buffy-A (Onsen/Vs. Aqua: Elec+160)
[Et.5] Act: Evade incoming attacks: Dodge
[Et.6] Chip: StepSwordDamage: 120 + Slashing + Wide Attack + Teleport
Accuracy: S for primary target, A for additional targets.
Description: The user warps in front of an enemy, then swings with a strong sword. Can hit up to 3 targets with good RP. Rare
Duration: Once.
Special: Teleport: When RP Quality is excellent, this attack also counts as a free dodge.
: 120 + Slashing + Wide Attack + Teleport (Acc: S for primary target, A for additional targets.) @ Remaining Enemies

[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20x3 @ Self, Lyntael
For once, instinct reacted ahead of panic as the ever-vacant fish virus launched itself towards them both. Lyntael skipped aside on her toes, trails of wind curling about her steps, before arcing her heel back and over in its wake, following the virus and crashing down on ti as it leaps back for another splash. the familiar flux of charge drawing in and rushing out again in a brilliant crackle of mud-baking electricity only stole her breath for a few moments as she looked back to catch Eternalis' reassuring support. She took another longer breath and nodded back with a nervous grin, though the rapid rebuild of drained charge swelling in her chest keep her serious.

In the few moments they had with nothing else coming towards them at once, she looked back expectantly, hair beginning to crackle as she waited to hear what the plan was, but Eternalis seemed to hesitate. With most of the hostile viruses dealt with already, he backed away from whatever it had been and Lyntael second-guessed herself in turn. Momentarily her stance dropped, but the pulse and swell of energy cycling out from her core didn't let her guard relax for long. She swallowed, and mumbled a brief acknowledgement of the retracted plan, hitching her shoulders slightly as she glanced down. Maybe it had just been a distraction to keep her close. But she could still be useful! If Eternalis was going to focus on the viruses that were further off, she could still deal with whatever came close, and for now that meant the creepy ghost virus.

She'd seen it warp up and lick her companion before, and just the thought of another one of those gross tongues and the creepy expression that went with it, gave her a shudder. One of them had once tried to lick her in an exceptionally improper manner, and she wasn't going to let this one get up to any more mischief if she could help it. Eternalis was turning his attention outwards again, ignoring the ghost but Lyntael sidestepped around her companion, darting past him in a flurry of wind as her strikers crackled. the charge wanted a release, but she held the first stabilising pulse of sparks from rippling off her until she'd gotten to the far side of the virus, and away from Eternalis a little.

She didn't slow down as the cascade scattered, instead focusing on the creepy ghost virus and its slimy tongue. She could swear it was waggling it at her now. The winds circling her rose suddenly, flowing around her body as she lashed out.

“Get your gross tongue away from us!” She'd felt the need to shout something as she drove her leading fist forward, but even to her own ears it sounded a bit childish. The though lasted only a moment as the energy moved, busting from her striker and drawing a short gasp from the girl as it pealed outwards past her target in a spreading arc the split and veered across the field towards the lake. The wind currents that had trailed with her turned outward with her should, blasting themselves against the ghost and howling down the split lines that the fork of lighting had flowed.

Lyntael felt her body recoil from the expenditure, though it hadn't been as bad as some. She had to keep the power flowing for a few more moments though, and as she drew back from the first strike she ducked low, then forward after her target, striking in hard with a second, quicker jab before twisting her shoulder and jumping up to bring the back of her other fist crashing down and around. A second pulse of lightning escaped, arcing up, as it blasted through and split, following the same branching courses as the first, all the way across the field.

Drained for a brief moment, she caught herself on her feet again while the breeze the encircle her rose and fell with her short breaths. The charge swelled upwards, filling her and she swayed for a moment, then grit her teeth, holding it back. Too much, too quickly. Not as bad as other times, but still too much. The soft glow about her strikers had given way to the delicate dancing lines of electricity running beneath her skin and she could feel the uncomfortable tension in her muscles as her body tried to defend itself from the stress. She rocked once, trying to will it down to no avail, then looked up with a sudden expression alarm.

“Eternalis!” She backed off another step from the bluest point in her vision. “I can't.... Please get back further. I can't hold this!” For another moment she hugged her arms about her body, trying to do just that, oblivious to whatever might have been left on the battlefield. She was already feeling the burn in all of her muscles. She wasn't losing control yet, but they'd only been engaged a few moments. She had to get better at this.

Summary
L1) Feint (Past Eternalis around past/behind Spooky)
L2) Buster Charge
L*) A Manifest Spirit (15Elec, Nova2, A B)(Overcharge -1)
L3) My Thoughts Collected (30Elec, Knockback (Empowered, Wind-Type), Spread2, Impact, Shot, Charge Burner1, A B)(Overcharge +3) (At Spooky, Spread as 'V' towards Buffy and Marina)
L4) Basic Buster Strike (30, Disarm, A B) (At Spooky)
L5) My Fear Rejected (30Elec, Knockback (Empowered, Wind-Type), Spread2, Break, Shot, Charge Burner1, A B)(Overcharge +3) (At Spooky, Spread as 'V' towards Buffy and Marina)
L6) My Pain is Real (Counter(When Hit): 40Elec, Knockback (Empowered, Wind-Type), Nova3, A B)(Overcharge +1 on Set, +2 on Trigger)

Cooldowns and Overcharge

My Heart Falters: 2TCD
My Pain is Real: 3TCD
My Thoughts Collected: 2TCD
My Fear Rejected: 2TCD

Overcharge: Begin: +2, Manifest Spirit -1, Thoughts Collected +3, Fear Rejected +3, Pain is Real +1, End: +8
Eternalis and Sparky continued to evade, while Lyntael moved past Eternalis, trying to get to the other side of the virus. The Rush in the hole just kept quiet, hoping that they forgot it.

As Sparky continued to not be a factor in this battle, the Spooky locked its eyes at Lyntael. It waggled its powerful tongue, taunting her as she attacked it with a burst of electrical energy. It teleported behind her as the electrical energy was sent out, but it still struck the virus as it materialized, scortching it slightly. The Buffy-A launched another Bouncing Bubble at Eternalis, but missed. Eternalis sent an Elewasp-based electrical spark homing in on the submerged Mariner. The Mariner was quick and evaded the missile attack.

Eternalis continued to evade as Lynatel pressed her attack. The blast of electricity energy scorched the Spooky and blasted it back with empowered winds. The energy continued on and struck both the Buffy and submerged Mariner. Amplified by the water, and their own aquatic nature, they took a lot more damage than the Spooky. The first Bouncing Bubble comes back at Eternalis and misses. The bubble fades away into a light mist.

The Spooky teleports back to Lynatel and lashes its big, icky tongue at the navi. The tongue hits her barrier and slobbers all over it, leaving the navi unharmed. Lyntael attacks the Spooky again and delivers another heavy blow, bringing it down to the single digits. Buffy-A launches another bouncing bubble as Eternalis misses it with a shock of thunder. However, the line of lightning does puncture through the new bubble and causes it to burst like a shotgun. The blast continues on its trajectory and strikes Lyntael's barrier. Eternalis manages to evade the aquatic projectiles, while they just miss the Spooky by a hairsbreath. The Mariner launches an anchor-bubble at Lynatel, but misses.

The second Bouncing Bubble from before misses Eternalis and fades away. Lyntael attacks the Spooky again. The Spooky is electricuted to death, its long tongue hangs out of its dead mouth, smoking, as it falls to the path. The 'V' goes on to strike the Buffy again, but misses the submerged Mariner. The Buffy-A is all blackened and smoking, smelling like grilled fish, but still alive and fighting.

Knowing that they weren't going to finish this quick enough Eternalis teleports into the hole and strikes the Rush with his StepSword. It would be a guaranteed hit, but surprising everyone, the Rush dodges spectacularly! Lyntael screamed out to Eternalis to stay away as electricity built inside her to dangerous levels.

The Arrow2 started heading back towards the Mariner, who had been slowly healing from the Onsen waters, while the third and only remaining Bouncing Bubble started homing in on Eternalis. Worst of all, the Rush popped down into the ground below Eternalis and escaped.

-- Viruses --
Spooky2Spooky2 (Spooky)

Rush2Rush2 (Rush)

: FLED
KarmaKarma (Dharma)

KarmaKarma (Dharma)

Buffy-ABuffy-A (Puffy-A)

: 20 HP [Onsen]
MarinerMariner (Marina)

: 113 HP [Submerged] [Onsen] [Arrow2 Homing on it]

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP [20 HP Elec Barrier] [2 Buster Charges Expended!] [My Pain is Real (Counter(When Hit)] [Normal]

-- Terrain --
45% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Cracked
  • Panel Crack attacks, >100 Damage Break/Impact/Drop attacks: Change terrain hit to Broken.

5% Broken
  • Not bottomless.

15% Mud
25% Onsen
[Lake to the East]

-- Objects --
Bouncing Bubble A: Fades Away!
Bouncing Bubble B: Fades Away!
Bouncing Bubble C: 30 HP [Homing on Eternalis] [Normal]
The attacks were relatively successful as a whole, but it seemed like Lyntael couldn't quite handle the stress of letting her chargers run so wildly. Recalling the amount of punishment he had received a little while ago from trying to stop it on his own wasn't a pleasant memory, so he immediately took to her warning. "Got it!" he called out. Looking around, he glanced the blue crystal spinning about next to the Buffy. The periscope nearby didn't seem like it would let it go without a fight, though, and so-- "Harke, WaterLine!" he said, before his figure dissolved into a mist of blue.

He reappeared next to the Mystery Data, quickly bringing it under his arm. As he landed on the water with a splash, he twisted his body and kicked off from the Buffy's rotund body to launch himself away from the viruses. At that moment, a battlechip resolved in his processes, and was activated, while he himself made a break for it away from the viruses. Nothing changed on Eternalis's body itself, but right as he cleared away from the Buffy as well as the Mariner, the water around them began to bubble vigorously, before suddenly erupting in a massive geyser that would engulf both of them.

// Summary

[Sk.1] Act: Evade incoming attack: Dodge (High Gear: Eva=60%)
[Sk.2] Act: Evade incoming attack: Dodge (High Gear: Eva=60%)

[Et.1] Sig: Rapid Sublimation: Teleport @ BMD
[Et.2] Act: Grab BMD and get out of Lyntael's range: Movement
[Et.3] Chip: WaterLine2Damage: 130 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack
Description: A wall of water gushes from the ground, drowning up to 3 targets.
: 130 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack (Acc: B) @ Buffy-A/Mariner (Same-Element: Aqua+15)
[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20x3 Self/Lyntael
-- Turn Splice: Eternalis 3/6, Sparky 0/2
Despite her best efforts, Lyntael still found herself flinching and cringing as the Spooky managed to get its disgusting tongue all over her shoulder and midsection, before she was able to stop its continued perversion. She fought down the small discomfited sound that wanted to escape her throat in response to the icky sensation; as much as the barrier robbed such things of their capacity to harm her, it still felt gross. She was immediately glad she'd punched at the virus, rather than trying to kick it. The rest of the battle moved on quickly, however, and she didn't have time to over-think.

She heard Eternalis' voice somewhere close by as she struggled to keep control of her charge, but had to shake her head to clear it and blink away the beginnings of a sting around her eyes. She'd lost sight of her ally for a moment, somewhere, but the viruses in the water were still attempting to bombard them from far off. She might not be able to hold off on the expenditure that was straining to release... her skin prickled with it and the lighting patterns that flowed in arcing patterns under her skin had started to crack and spark visible as well... but at least she could try to get a little closer to the ones still attacking. She didn't have anything she could do herself to reach them... not reliably at any rate... but she knew her own body's reactions well enough to gauge how far the recoil would spread, if she lost her hold on it. It would be best to move towards them anyway, and away from Eternalis.

With another small series of calming breaths, she lowered her hands and let her fists clench instead as a means of restraint, then started to run, covering the ground towards the edge of the water as quickly as she could. The sedate hail of attacks had continued and she did her best to avoid them, but as she skidded to a halt at the edge of the shore, she looked up to find the viruses and gasped.

They'd both had a similar idea, because Eternalis, out of nowhere was right in amongst the remaining viruses. Lyntael's eyes were wide, her mouth gasping open for a moment as she came to a stop, stunned and shocked by the unexpected appearance. A small ripple of sparks washed off her body in a spray as the moment of panic lanced through her, but it didn't do much to dissuade the larger build up she was still resisting. No words came, but for a brief moment she met her companion's eyes and some element of her shock and sudden panic must have shown because in the next moment Eternalis was backing off hard and dragging the crystal with him. There was no time to apologise for the mix-up, she just hoped he was far enough away, if she couldn't calm herself down. The surprise and spikes of fear weren't helping.

Summary
L1) Movement (Running to the shore to get away from Eternalis and closer to the viruses)
L*) A Manifest Spirit (15Elec, Nova2, A)(Overcharge -1) (Likely nothing close enough)
L2) Buster Charge
L*) Freeze up and mild panic due to unexpected Eternalis teleportation.

-=Splice After 2 Actions=-

Cooldowns and Overcharge

My Heart Falters: 1TCD
My Pain is Real: 2TCD
My Thoughts Collected: 1TCD
My Fear Rejected: 1TCD

Overcharge: Begin: +8, Manifest Spirit -1, End: +7
Eternalis teleported out of his hole and appeared in the middle of the lake. Meanwhile Lyntael was running away from the hole where Eternalis was, and made her way to the lake edge near where the two viruses were. A blast of electrical energy came off her, but nothing tangable was damaged. Sparky continued to stay out of the battle.

Eternalis saw Lyntael and booked it away from her to the far shore. Lyntael froze when she suddenly saw Eternalis, as electrical energy began charging again. It was at that point that the Bouncing Bubble splashed into Eternalis, damaging him, and sending a burst of cold water exploding out. Thankfully, he had been moving perpendicularly away from Lyntael, and none of the spread got close to her. Eternalis' Arrow2 missed its return flight back to the Mariner. And the Buffy-A splashed Eternalis in the back with a second bubble. Sparky continued to stay out of the battle.

The Mariner went into evasive maneuvers as Eternalis tried to splash both it and the Buffy. The Mariner manage to once more evade, but the Buffy was drowned out. The Mariner continued a slow heal from the soothing waters. And Eternalis healed fully from his healing processes.

-- Viruses --
Spooky2Spooky2 (Spooky)

Rush2Rush2 (Rush)

KarmaKarma (Dharma)

KarmaKarma (Dharma)

Buffy-ABuffy-A (Puffy-A)

MarinerMariner (Marina)

: 116 HP [Submerged] [Onsen] [Arrow2 missed!]

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP [Normal] 3 ACTIONS REMAINING!
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP [20 HP Elec Barrier] [My Pain is Real (Counter(When Hit)] [1 Buster Charge] [Normal] 4 ACTIONS REMAINING!

-- Terrain --
45% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Cracked

5% Broken
  • Not bottomless.

15% Mud
25% Onsen
[Lake to the East]

-- Objects --
BMD: 35 HP [Held by Eternalis]
Bouncing Bubble C: Hit Eternalis!

-TURN SPLICE-
[OOC'd the rest of the Turn with Frelia and Rogan.]

The Mariner shot an anchor-bubble at Lyntael, while Eternalis continued to put distance between them. The bubble smashed into her barrier with a resounding echo, but absorbed the heavy impact, leaving Lyntael unscathed. Lyntael, however, exploded in a massive electrical storm that caught the Mariner and flung it into the air. It exploded like fireworks.

-- Viruses --
Spooky2Spooky2 (Spooky)

Rush2Rush2 (Rush)

KarmaKarma (Dharma)

KarmaKarma (Dharma)

Buffy-ABuffy-A (Puffy-A)

MarinerMariner (Marina)

-- Navis --
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP [Barrier Broken!] [My Pain is Real (Counter(When Hit): Expended!] [1 Buster Charge] [Normal]

-- Terrain --
45% Normal
  • No effects.

10% Cracked

5% Broken
  • Not bottomless.

15% Mud
25% Onsen
[Lake to the East]

-- Objects --
BMD: 35 HP [Held by Eternalis]

-- Rogue Battle 1 Victory!! --
Rewards
Eternalis.EXE: 1800z, 24 BugFrags, 5 FXP [(2 base x 1.5 Rogue) +2 Bonus]
Lyntael.EXE: 1800z, 24 BugFrags, 5 FXP [(2 base x 1.5 Rogue) +2 Bonus], +2 Karma Bounty.

OPEN BMD: Y/N?
[Z > 8645, BF > 173, LynFXP > 161]

The brilliant flash that resulted from Lyntael's discharge caused Eternalis to shield his eyes momentarily from the lightshow, but it receded quickly. As it did so, he was able to survey their surroundings, and confirm the lack of viral presence in the area. While Lyntael usually sort of blew up as a matter of course during her fights, previous experience suggested that she would be fine, but he wasn't really able to make that kind of decision. With the Mystery Data crystal tucked under his arm, he made his way across the lake. With how charged Lyntael's body tended to be, he stopped just shy of her usual radius, giving her some breathing space. It looked like she would be fine, somewhat, barring the general "energy leaking from all over the place" deal.

"You alright? You did pretty well then," he called out. Suddenly, he heard a bolt of thunder struck the ground from the sky, some distance behind him. When he turned around to see what had happened, the bolt of light rocketed towards his legs and collided with them. Oddly enough, it didn't seem to hurt all that much; it felt more like a rough ball of fur than a crackling energy bolt. "Alright, alright, good boy," he said, when the light receded from the thing that had just ran into him, revealing Sparky's enthusiastic mug. The pup shook himself off rapidly, as if to dry himself. A few errant sparks flew instead of water, though not enough to do any more than tickle slightly.