Sneaking out with friends

((Lyntael, jacking in from -> Her Home))
----------

An unstable, faltering beam of yellow light delivered Lyntael to the destination that Aurora had forwarded to her for their meet up, and as the beam faded away the girl was left, for a few moments at least, hunched over on herself, arms hugging tightly through a protracted wince. It only took her a few moments to recover, at least, and as she rubbed at her arms and looked around, she wondered if it would take her friends long to arrive. As she'd expected, Rogan had instructed her to remain silent and not interrupt his business until he needed her, and as was usual with these things, that wouldn't be for several hours. She'd waited until the PET was put away out of sight, just to be sure, then run the emulation she'd needed to slip out and come to meet aurora. She was a little early, but not by much, in the end.

She'd come dressed in her normal clothes this time; as much as the idea of bringing bathers and towels was tempting, she had said that the purpose, at least in part, was to help her get more accustomed to hostile situations, and as much as she didn't really want to spend more time in this 'training' exercise, she was holding onto the resolve that it was necessary, if she was going to keep trying to be useful for Rogan. She looked around herself, biting her lip and rubbing at her arms again, a little nervous. This area of Yoka... It looked like no-one had been here in years, neglected and more than a little unloved, from what she could tell. She'd seen the address that Aurora had sent her, and recognised it as far deeper into the network that she really felt like she had any business being... but... Aurora had said it would be fine, and she'd said that she and Eternalis had both been here before, and that it would be alright, so, she did her best not to worry.

She still hoped they'd arrive soon. On the surface, the place still looked pleasant... her toes curled on warm, smooth pebble stone pathing where she'd landed, and she could see it winding away towards a spring area that must have once been very beautiful, when it was well maintained. It backed onto a wood as well, and she could distantly hear a delicate roll of tide from somewhere, though she couldn't quite pick the direction with her ears alone. The air was pleasantly warm without being humid, and the scent on the air was... if not crisp or fresh, at the very least it didn't smell like any kind of decay, as far as she could tell. There was probably some secluded forgotten hide-away nearby that the pair had discovered, she supposed. ...But even so, the air of disuse and neglect, along with something just a little darker, just there at the edges of her senses, made her pace and mentally wish for her friends to hurry.
Sometime in the middle of Lyntael's anxious pacing, she would find the sound of a dull hum coming from somewhere in the woodsy area, before a bright light would assault her senses. The light receded quickly, which she would see was the result of a jack in beam. Revealed by the beam's rapid dimming were the figures of her recent friends, Eternalis, Aurora, and Sparky, all in their default forms side by side, coming out of an entrance pad obscured by dirt. However, they seemed a bit disoriented once they came in, as if they weren't expecting the sight before them.

Aurora and Eternalis quickly narrowed their eyes and looked around in confusion, before the latter turned towards the former. "This doesn't look like the Yoka we've been to before," said Eternalis questioningly. He quickly opened up a video link next to him as a floating screen, on which Harke's face showed itself promptly, while Aurora brought up a diagnostic window on her HUD. Sparky, who was directly below the video window, cocked his head up in curiosity.

"What's up, guys? Anything wrong with the linkup?" said Harke.

"Er, yeah, did you follow the waypoint that I sent through your email?" said Aurora over Eternalis's shoulder.

"Yeah, it's a direct link. Why?"

"It.. says we're in Yoka Rogue?" said Aurora.

"Hmm.. It's not a problem on either end, that's where the waypoint seems to go, at least the one I see in my sent folder," reported Harke.

Eternalis's face now turned over to Aurora, whose expression clouded over with horror as she frantically navigated to the same place through her HUD. Sure enough, the waypoint file that she had sent definitely pointed to their current location without a doubt. "Oh no, I've made a big mistake, oh my God," she sputtered out, as she quickly closed the window and began frantically looking around. "Lyntael could be in danger!" she exclaimed.

"Isn't that her over there?" said Eternalis, pointing towards a pacing Lyntael, who was already in the sights of one rather overexcited pup. Sparky was in a beeline for the girl, having been cooped up in a PET for days, and would be squarely headed for her midsection if she wasn't wary enough. Eternalis and Aurora ran over soon after, with Aurora already calling out to her in mid-run.

"Lyntael! Lyntael! Oh, thank goodness you're here, I'm so sorry! I sent you the wrong coordinates for the network one level deeper!" she tried to explain, if Lyntael hadn't already been bowled over by Sparky's mad charge.
A minute or two passed and her nerves grew. Even if it was somewhere that Aurora and Eternalis had said was a good place to meet, this was still a deeper net, and she could end up attacked any moment, as fr as she knew. Where were they...? A pulse of static and the hum of her barrier exerting itself along with Lyntael's sudden gasp were the first responses to the sound of a nearby jack-in interrupting the other background noises of the net. She skipped back, turning to face the sound as her toes glided across the pebbles and her body naturally adopted a stance while she processed the sound.

As the beam resolved and revealed her friends, Lyntael felt herself release a held breath, and became more aware of a rapid heart beat in her chest. Nerves... She consciously relaxed her fingers and stood up again, putting one hand to her chest as she took a longer breath. She began to move towards the trio on a small tide of relief, but though Sparky looked and sounded pleased to see her, Lyntael had enough time to notice that both Aurora and Eternalis looked notably more uncertain. the canine was the more pressing immediate concern, though, and she put out her hands to dissuade him as best she could.

"No, no, sparky, wait!!" Chances were the pup wouldn't be deflected but words alone, however, and Lyntael winced, and focused on drawing in as much as she could as he jumped at her. Nerves and the sudden shock had already toyed with her instincts and it took her an effort to keep everything under control; Sparky would probably still get something of a minor jolt anywhere he touched her skin regardless and she tried to sooth him and reassure the support program as calmly as she could. It was about as she was dealing with this that Aurora's own shouting reached her, and the smaller girl looked up again, grinning and waving as she dealt with the more licking-oriented of the trio.

"Aurora!" Unsure immediately what more to say, she was caught up in the other woman's fervent apologies, and her eyebrows jumped up as part of the story unfolded. "Wh-what? I saw the address, and I recognised it, but I thought... I mean, I just assumed it must be somewhere you knew that was ok... You mean we weren't supposed to be down here?" Suddenly, her fears about being attacked before her friends arrived seemed much more real, and far more dangerous than it had before she'd learned of the mix up, but Lyntael managed to shrug at least some of that off now that everyone was here. Even if it was a dark, creepy place, it wouldn't be so bad as long as she was with her friends; Eternalis and Aurora were very capable, and she felt safe with them.

"Hey Eternalis!" She waved to the other navi once he approached as well, before turning her attention at least partially back towards Aurora and encompassing both of them. "So... I mean, should we... should we go, or.... I mean, I'd love to just sneak away to a spring and relax, you know I would... but, maybe this is ok? I did say I wanted to get better at... er... keeping myself together, when it's dangerous and scary... and you're both here with me, so, I'm sure we'll be ok. I know I'm not a lot of use, really, but you're both really strong and capable... that, ah, that's why I didn't question the address, really. Sorry about that, I should have said something, probably." She grinned and ducked her shoulders. Quite quickly, now that she was with friends, the crackled in her hair and the other signs of her nerves had quieted, the barrier dissipating again moments later.

"Hey, nice to see you again," said Eternalis, while Aurora took Sparky off of Lyntael's hands and into her own arms. The pup didn't seem to have been affected much by Lyntael's instinctual electric discharge; in fact, he was letting out a few sparks himself. Aurora began to calm him down with some rough petting while Eternalis explained the situation.

"Yeah, it seems we've accidentally sent you the coordinates to this place, which is a bit of an older area of Yoka. It's got quite a few more dangerous viruses than the regular Net," he said. However, there was a bit of conflict when Lyntael suggested that they keep going into the network. "Er, what do you think, Harke? Lyntael seems to be fine with just going through here," he said, turning towards Harke in the video window. Floating in the air, the window swiveled slightly to address all of the Navis together.

Waving slightly to Lyntael, Harke tilted his head with a bit of a concerned smile. "Well, it's not exactly the most hospitable of places, but if you really want to go through with it, we'll all help you get through this. At least, until you get to the nearest gate up to the actual Yoka network, which isn't too far from here. I'll be able to operate Eternalis fully this time around instead of having to defer it to Aurora instead. What do you guys think?" said Harke, directing the question mostly towards his own Navis, but also to Lyntael.

"... Well, since you're here in full operation, I suppose it won't be too dangerous," said Aurora, though worry was still painted all over her face.

Eternalis, meanwhile, was much more confident, pumping his fist up into the air. "Sounds great! I'll finally be able to go all out," he said. Turning towards Lyntael, he flashed her a thumbs up. Sparky also chimed in with a few barks, though whether they were affirmative or otherwise couldn't really be seen.
Lyntael found herself nodding along to the rest of the explanation from her companions as Aurora wrangled Sparky. More than anything, she was feeling increasingly relieved that she was now with her friends, rather than alone, as the real danger she'd been in before, on her own, mounted in the back of her mind. Eternalis' confidence did much to placate the background concern though, now that he was here. When the questions turned to Harke, though, and his view addressed them all, Lyntael brightened and straightened up slightly, brushing a hand unconsciously across her skirt as she did. She lifted her other hand to wave back.

"Oh, thank you... um, hello, it's nice to meet you properly. I'm sorry I didn't really get a chance to introduce myself properly when we met before... I know it's a bit rude, but Rogan doesn't generally let me interact while he's doing business. It's pretty delicate and serious sometimes, and I think he doesn't think it helps his credibility, having me out and around. Ah, um, anyway, I know you know already, but, I'm Lyntael, and it's nice to talk to you." Before she'd really thought about the motion, Lyntael ducked her head briefly and crossed one foot back behind the other, putting her hands low and out to the sides in a quick show of courtesy. That done, she glanced across to Eternalis and Aurora, then back to Harke's image.

"It's not that I want to. I... I really don't, and I'm still scared, and, well, knowing that this isn't where we'd intended to be has me all the more nervous, if I'm honest, but..." she bit her lip, then rubbed at the back of her neck, casting her eyes aside for a moment. "I need to do this. To get used to... being in danger, and being frightened, and not panic. I need to, so I can be useful to Rogan, and I think, I think I'll feel much safer trying to get better at this if I'm with friends. Aurora and Eternalis are so much more capable than I am, and I feel safer with them, so... I guess what I'm saying is that I don't want to pass up a good chance to do something that I'm dreading, when I have a chance to do it with friends watching out for me. That makes sense, doesn't it?" She continued to rub at her neck, then pulled the hand down to begin tracing at her emblem again. Her eyes darted across to Aurora and then Eternalis and she passed her weight from one foot to the other slowly.

"Ah, I don't know if they told you this, but... Rogan isn't here, now. I'm out on my own, and none of the extra PET stuff is... you know... there. I'm just me, right now. It, ah, it also means that I've got no proper tether, really, so, unless Rogan picks up the device and comes to find me, then the further I am from where the link is being emulated, the harder it is for me to make a signal strong enough to get home again. That's kind of why I'm nervous as well, but, I feel much safer with Aurora and Eternalis with me. I thought you should probably know that, before we get started." she grinned, caught somewhere between nervous hopefulness and a sense of embarrassment for having to detail her limitations to her friends' operator. It was for the best that he knew, though. At least Eternalis still seemed confident and relaxed, and that gave Lyntael comfort. She turned her head to look across at him, then to Aurora as well, and tried a fresh smile for them.

"I'm still going to do my best to be helpful, I promise. Um... What way should we head? I don't know the area at all, really..." Provided there was no immediate objection form Harke about her willingness to explore, Lyntael herself took a deeper breath and prepared for what was to come, letting it out slowly and rubbing at her arms once more before beginning to stretch a little and bounce on her toes. She wanted to at least try to appear enthusiastic, after all. She was still very much going to be letting her friends lead the way though, no question at all about that.

As Lyntael described her own (initial) unwillingness to bust, Harke's brow creased, and he sighed to himself. While his theory was entirely based on his own deductions, he wasn't entirely sure of the situation--he only had what little information Rogan gave him about the hapless(?) Navi. Before he could bring himself to attempt to convince Lyntael to call off the session in lieu of a safer area, however, he caught himself, seeing her resolve. At least for the moment, he would gather a bit more information on the girl from her side, he thought, and he could trust his own Navis to look out for her, especially with his full support now.

"Ah, the nearest transport gate is that way. Hang on, I'll give Eternalis a direction signal..." said Harke, turning away from the screen to the sound of an old keyboard in the background tapping away. Soon enough, a small map opened up in his periphery in a window, which mirrored itself to Aurora as well. Both of them turned into a direction that roughly followed the nearby stone pathway, and the map data confirmed their bearings with a barely audible beep and a distance counter.

"That way, then. Alright, come on," said Eternalis, taking the lead, with Aurora picking it up as well. They spaced themselves apart roughly enough that Lyntael would be able to naturally weave herself in between them, with Eternalis on the left side of the stone pathway, and Aurora on the right. Harke's video window continued to stay open on Eternalis's left, making it seem as if he was there along for the ride while simply sitting at his desk.

For the moment, there didn't seem to be any viruses quite yet, so he decided to seize the opportunity. "Lyntael, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of person was your original creator? I heard from your operator that he wasn't the one who originally made you," said Harke, curious about the kind of person who could (allegedly) synthesize a successful alternative to the Hikari AI as he propped his head up with one arm.

"Oh, I'd like to know about him, too. You've mentioned some "Eric" person a couple of times, I think?" said Aurora, piping in from the right side, while Eternalis simply listened with interest.
To her relief, and she had to admit, vaguely nervous disappointment, Harke and her friends seemed to accept her admissions well enough and didn't immediately try to call the secretive training session off entirely. It did give Lyntael hope, though, in as far as both Aurora and Eternalis, and Harke as well — though the image of the man seemed even more concerned about the proposition than his navis — were confident enough in their own ability to make sure they were all safe enough, even in the deeper layer. She was more than happy enough for the others to take the lead, however, and let her footsteps amble along with Eternalis' and Aurora's more purposeful strides.

The pebble layered path seemed almost like it might have been meant to resemble a river bed, she thought; the individual stones were all smooth and flat, with rounded edges, and a bit too uniform to not have been deliberately made, and they retained a warmth against the soles of her feet that was pleasant as well, but the visual, as she walked, still gave that impression and she let the musing distract her as she walked between her friends, occasionally hopping longer steps between larger stones that stood out on the path. This place wasn't so bad after all, maybe. Just old. After a little while, Harke spoke up again and her gaze jumped up, head lifting from picking the next careful rock jump with a surprised start. She ginned at him then closed her eyes briefly, thinking, at his question. Aurora's added interest made her smile more broadly, but there was also a slight edge of shyness to it as more focus settled on her.

"Eric is..." Her steps wove lightly from side to side across the stones and she let her body sway with it. "He's warm, and he's kind. He cares very deeply about his friends and his family... even Rogan. Especially Rogan, I think. He worries about him, a lot. I do too..." She pushed her thoughts gradually back on track.

"I... I don't really like to think of it as, um... 'made', you know...?" She bit her lip. "My earliest memories are... just little snatches, really, and they're glimpses that are fuzzy at the edges... or individual senses with nothing that I can recall tied to them. My first..." She paused, keeping her eyes closed and walking more carefully now. "Eric's voice, is my first real memory. Just, hearing a voice, asking softly if I could hear it... and I'm sure I must have answered, though I don't remember... and the voice welcoming me, and telling me that I was loved... and I don't think I really understood, or took it in, or noticed it at the time, but when I really try to remember, I get the sense, he sounded... just so amazed, and happy and..." Lyntael blinked a few times and swallowed, then quickly darted a hand up to her eyes for second. She took a breath and shook her head, then continued.

"There's bits and pieces, after that. Tests, things to learn and see. I don't think... I don't think I was, um... physically, ah here... not at first, but I don't really remember." She glance down at her hand, trying to recall the first time she'd actually seen her own body, but there was just no way to really pull anything like that together, beyond a vague sense of the early days.

"Eric taught me about a lot of things in the early days, I remember he seemed sorry that he didn't have the means to teach me more. I don't ever remember learning to read.... but I know there was a time when I couldn't, and a time when I could. He always seemed sad that he couldn't fit more important things into a few days, and still have it be natural, but I know he did his best, even if I didn't really know what he meant. I could hear it in his voice, and see it in his eyes the whole time. He would talk sometimes, to himself, a little, about the things that sunseed could do, and what it couldn't... and the things he taught me quickly were all the ... all the constructed, was the word he used... constructed things that it couldn't. I don't really know what sunseed is, not really, but there was a time when I was less... less me, I think? I was, but fresher, with less... I don't really know. but, I feel, now, I remember, now, as though I've been alive for years... fifteen, sixteen years, maybe. I know, in the real sense... I know I've only existed for half a year. But whenever it comes up I have to remind myself of it, because I don't feel that way. I'm sorry, I can't really explain it... Eric is brilliant, he's... he's the most amazingly clever man I know. I don't really have a father, but when I think of the concept, I think of him, and I love him... but his mind is just so far beyond me sometimes I can't even grasp what he's talking about... but I loved listening to him tell stories, and whenever he wanted to teach me about something important himself, personally." A thought occurred to her, and she giggled suddenly, putting a hand to her mouth.

"Oh, I'd forgotten all about that... Hehe... He got very embarrassed when he realised I'd learned what all the posters in his work room were about! All those young ladies in short skirts 'accidentally' having to pick things up, hehe... I understand, he's a normal human man, and there's nothing wrong with any of it, but he was so shocked and mortified when I said something about it the first time, haha!" Light-hearted laughter occupied the next few moments while Lyntael enjoyed the memory, then put the backs of her palms to her cheeks to shoo away the faint blush that accompanied it.

"Hehe.... anyway... um... the things he wanted me to understand the most, I think, was that he wanted me to make my own decisions in life." she glanced about at her friends to see if she was rambling too much, but continued anyway as they wandered, eyes drifting across the path and up to the sky with a thoughtful expression.

"He was often worried about Rogan in those days. It was on his mind a lot. I learned a lot about him, and I found I wanted to help him. Eric always seemed worried about that, but he didn't try to dissuade me once I'd said it. He's afraid that, the life Rogan leads, he's always wearing a mask, he says and forgets that he's a person as well, sometimes. He said sometimes, that Rogan really needs someone else with him, to remind him, but he never lets anyone close enough. I thought..." her voice trailed off and she looked away to the side, leaving the thought unfinished. the end of the phrase was probably clear enough even without any words. She swallowed again, then shook the feeling off.

"I really hope that I can convince Rogan to go and visit him again soon. I've only spoken to him, or to Caminus or Servare, through emails, and one call, and the call only because Rogan didn't want to help me deal with..." her eyes cast down suddenly as she realised the content of the thought wasn't really suitable. "Ah, something..." She glanced up at the sky, not meeting anyone's eyes. "But, anyway... Eric is a wonderful person, he really is." She shrugged, increasingly shy at having chattered about herself and her family for so long, and looked to see if either of her friends were going to take the reins of the conversation and save her.

Throughout Lyntael's entire description, none of the others could find it in themselves to interrupt her, as the girl went on about her creator, and her first memories of having her senses synthesized, from something she called the "sunseed". The term itself wasn't something Harke was familiar with, but the experiences she talked about later on were all somewhat close to how other AI researchers had trained their Navi AI attempts. Nobody really knew how the Hikari AI was trained, as even though it was possible to tweak it in some ways by feeding it some data, and that the outcome was always deterministic, influencing the outcome in an exact manner was far from easy. As he recalled from his conversation with Rogan earlier, none of the other researchers bore fruit in their search for an alternative either, so he was quite intrigued by the explanation.

"Hahaha! Sounds like you're really fond of both of them. That's good! Harke's done a lot for us, too, we're happy we have him as an operator," said Eternalis, grinning as he did so while glancing towards his side. In the video screen, Harke could be seen rolling his eyes and looking off to the side, though the hand propping up his face could be seen to mask a small smile, which elicited a small giggle from Aurora and a widening grin from Eternalis. Then, crossing his arms, Eternalis started thinking, looking up into the darkened skies of the Rogue-level network. "The way you described him kind of reminds me of my earlier days, when I was being programmed by Harke's dad--Oh, hang on, is it okay if I talk about it, Harke?" said Eternalis, turning towards his operator.

The young man lightly shrugged. "I'm pretty curious about it too. I know Dad was a bit... conflicted at the time, though, so just tell us whatever you think is appropriate."

At his operator's vague semi-approval, Eternalis's eyes narrowed, and his mouth tightened up in a complicated expression. Turning to Aurora, she returned him a small smile and a vague shrug as well. The response caused him to groan in resignation. "Ah, whatever, I'll just bore you guys with what I feel like saying. Hope you don't mind," said Eternalis, directing the last statement with a knowing grin towards Lyntael.

Regardless of her answer, however, a sudden bout of barking from Sparky would bring them to attention, causing both Eternalis and Aurora to direct their gaze at him. The pup was barking madly at something in front of them in the distance, which they would recognize as hostiles. "Guess storytime's going to be postponed for now," said Eternalis with a wry smile, as both of them readied themselves to engage.

[Rogue Battle 1 - Ready.]
[NetNavi: Eternalis.EXE: 600HP / Undershirt.]
[SPs: Aurora.EXE: 100HP / Planeswalking, Second Chance, Sparky.SP: 80HP / Flight, Second Chance.]
When Eternalis spoke up with an answer, Lyntael was quick to nod along. She could see the thoughtful expression that Harke himself wore, but trying to explain anything more was going well past her own understanding. He looked like he'd probably enjoy chatting to Eric directly... as it was, Lyntael regretted that she simply didn't understand enough about Eric's work to really discuss it in much more depth than she'd already tried. There was a mild discomfort, too, in the awareness that she was discussing her own conception and birth, but she did her best to push that concern to the back of her mind. Instead, she turned her focus more fully to Eternalis, since he seemed to be the one selected as the story-teller, or at least the one volunteered as such by Harke and Aurora.

"I don't mind! I'd really love to hear more stories, there's so much about so many things I don't really understand, and I'd really love to hear other perspectives and experiences, ah, if you're happy to talk about it, I mean." She skipped lightly ahead, clasping her hands behind her back for a moment as she hopped from one footing to the next along loose path, then turned about and took a few more skips backwards so she could watch Eternalis with a grin and wait for him to begin.

The playful pose was interrupted by Spark's barking, however, and her eyebrows jumped up, turning her head first then stepping back around to fall back into walking line between Eternails and Aurora as she looked to see what he'd found further off. the same old shoots of apprehension kicked in again as she realised that the intended purpose of their outing was probably upon them already and she couldn't really put it off any longer.

((Ready for Battle 1))
((Lyntael: 150Hp, with Gust and Air-Step selected))

+8 FXP

The path ended in a splash as Onsen stretched out as far as the eye could see. Splashing through the lake was a horde of viruses. Off to the North-East, a cannon turret was guarding a giant fan, which was blowing the viruses closer at an astonishing rate. A blue glowing crystal was in between the two Coal-dwelling viruses. Also there was a giant wasp coming down from the dark clouds above.

-- Viruses --
To the North-East
CannonDumb2CannonDumb2 (CannonDumb)

CannonDumb viruses attack any targets in sight every action they are able to. They can and will attack objects, but only objects they can damage. They will not waste cannon fire on IronBody, Shadow, or Invisible targets. The exception is Canodumb DS, which will fire at anything with its DarkCannon's beam blasts. All CannonDumb viruses may opt to spend one action prior to attacking marking their opponent with target lock. They gain the 10% accuracy benefit of Take Aim against this opponent for any and all follow-on attacks until they lose sight of the target, or switch targets.

Area: ACDC, SciLab, Electown, Yoka

HP: 130
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 60 Null
Primary Attack Accuracy: A
Primary Attack Description: Fires its cannon after aiming.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: Mark Target
Secondary Attack Accuracy: S
Secondary Attack Description: Marks an enemy within line of sight with a target lock that raises the accuracy of this virus by +1 Rank (10%) until the virus is forced to switch targets or loses sight of the marked target (they take cover).
Element: None
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Hi-Cannon, Zenny
Special: Immobile
: 130 HP [Immobile] [Coal]
RareWindBoxRareWindBox (Wind & Fan)

All viruses in this family are immobile during combat, with the exception of being able to turn to face any direction it wishes. Later versions of this virus may switch between Wind and Fan effects, which requires one action, during which time all wind or fan effects cease. Bonuses and penalties do not stack if multiples of the same virus family exist on the field. Wind and Fan do not push or pull Objects, only creatures.

Area: SciLab, Yoka, Beach, Sharo, Netfrica, Hades Isle

HP: 200
Attack Damage/Effect: Wind Effect, Northwind
Attack Accuracy: S
Attack Description: Causes a large scale gale of wind to blow across the entire field in the direction the virus is facing. This gale will constantly move all targets this virus considers to be enemies in the direction the wind is blowing, which makes it difficult to land many kinds of attacks on it and allied viruses, such as thrown attacks and close ranged attacks. All those affected by the wind will also have their barriers and auras blown off by a constant Northwind effect.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Wind, Zenny
Special: Causes short ranged attacks, such as (but not limited to) swords, melee attacks, and flame thrower style weapons, to suffer from a 30% accuracy penalty against targets they are being pushed away from. Both sides of the engagement suffer a 30% accuracy penalty with direct attacks perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and all thrown attacks.
Special: Those allied with this virus may opt to take advantage of the wind to increase movement speed or evasion by going with the wind. They do not suffer any penalties, however. Conversely, anyone may move along with the wind to increase accuracy by 10% for close ranged attacks, assuming the target is in that direction.
Special: Northwind effect to all enemies once per virus action while maintaining wind effect.
: 200 HP [Immobile] [Onsen] [Facing the Navis]

Oncoming Horde
MagmackerMagmacker (Magneaker)

Magneaker viruses move and dodge slowly. Magneakers attack by launching MagBombs by default. When there is a stunned enemy on the field, however, they will instead charge at the stunned opponent with surprising speed. They are quick to react to the presence of stunned enemies, and execute this attack with very little delay. The DashAttack counts as a dodge against opponents attacking from any angle except dead-on or from directly behind the Magneaker. Magneakers do not charge at un-stunned enemies, unless there is a stunned target in-line with them. Magneakers have Omnishoes while executing a charge attack.

Area: Electown, Dentech, SciLab

HP: 160
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 45 Elec + Stun 1 + Blast 2
Primary Attack Accuracy: D
Primary Attack Description: Fires an EMP bomb that stuns the enemy.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Elec + Impact + Piercing + Stopped by Object
Secondary Attack Accuracy: B
Secondary Attack Description: When an enemy on the field is stunned, this virus will spin around to face them, and immediately fly at them at high speed for an opportunistic body-slam attack.
Element: Elec
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): MagBomb2, Zenny
Special: Stopped by Object: Attack ceases execution when blocked by an Object. Attacks with this attribute also do not damage objects.
: 160 HP [Onsen]
Teddy2Teddy2 (Teddy)

Area: ACDC, Yoka, Okuden Valley, Yumland

HP: 180
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 50 + Slashing
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Tears at an enemy with its claws.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 25 + Impact x 2 targets
Secondary Attack Description: Picks up and throws one enemy at another.
Element: Null
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): RageClaw2, Zenny
Special: Will only use its secondary attack if there is more than one enemy. Will only use its tertiary attack if there is an object capable of being thrown.
: 180 HP [Onsen]
HurricaneHurricane (Typhoon)

This family is an upgrade to the viruses found in MMBN. Unlike their game version counterparts, these roll around on four wheels. They are thus able to move and dodge. All of their attacks have the Wind Type attribute, and thus deal extra damage and other added effects when used on Sand and Snow terrain. The viruses themselves are not able to summon this terrain, however. Their secondary attack is mainly used to counter Object chips or creatures that are closing in to attack them.

Area: SciLab, Yoka, Sharo, Netfrica

HP: 180 HP
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: (20 Null x 3 Hits) + Homing
Primary Attack Accuracy: C
Primary Attack Description: Creates a tornado that chases the target. This attack is Wind Type.
Secondary Attack Damage/Effect: 30 Null + Microburst
Secondary Attack Accuracy: A
Secondary Attack Description: Shoots a single target with a concentrated blast of air that is virtually guaranteed to send them flying. This attack is Wind Type.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Hurricane, AirShot2, Zenny
Special: Wind Type: This Attack counts as Wind Type for the purposes of Wind triggered effects, such as traps and terrain.
: 180 HP [Onsen]
HeavierHeavier (Heavy)

Heavy viruses move slowly, and only dodge when they attack. When a Heavy attacks, it teleports to a position to the left or right of the intended target, and proceeds to try to ram the target with a quick sideways motion. The number of times it will consecutively attempt to ram the target before teleporting back to its starting position depends entirely on the number of actions the virus has. Teleporting before and after the attack do not require an action. Movement and attacking are one and the same to this virus, thus even a non-attack collision with it is damaging.

Area: Yoka, Kotobuki Town, Netfrica, Netopia

HP: 125
Attack Damage/Effect: 45 Null + Line Attack + Impact + Break
Attack Accuracy: C
Attack Description: Teleports into enemy area, shakes side to side, and slams into everything in it's path. Can attack up to 3 enemies at once.
Element: None.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Shake2, Zenny
Special: Uses Areagrab as a free action.
: 125 HP [Onsen]
KarmaKarma (Dharma)

Dharma move and dodge at average speed. Their puck attacks rebound off of the edges of the battlefield as if there were an invisible wall there. They can rebound up to 3 times before finally passing off of the field or dissipating into thin air. The pucks pass through anything they hit except boundary walls, terrain, and friendly viruses. The pucks can not damage other Dharmas. This virus cannot attack while moving.

Area: Yoka, Netopia, Sharo, NetVegas

HP: 170
Attack Damage/Effect: 45 Null + Break + Piercing + Rebound(3) + Ground Attack
Attack Accuracy: E
Attack Description: Throws a Hockey puck at the enemy. Break.
Possible Rewards (Per virus): AirHockey2, Zenny
: 170 HP [Onsen]
ElewaspElewasp (Elebee)

Elebee viruses move and dodge at a high rate of speed, and they are fully flight capable. Elebee viruses attack by flying at their target at high speed, and delivering an electric sting. This type of virus may opt to stop short of the target, and veer sharply in a new direction to avoid an attack. This requires the expenditure of a second action, but occurs very rapidly regardless. Movement and attacking are one and the same with regards to this virus, thus physical contact with them causes damage. Elebees can see through Invis.

Area: Electown, NAXA

Attack Damage/Effect: 40 Elec + Seeking
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Charges toward enemy to electrocute
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Arrow2, Zenny
Special: Flying.
: 130 HP [OmniShoes] [High Altitude]

-- Navis --
Eternalis.EXE: 600 HP [Onsen]
Aurora.EXE: 100 HP [FloatShoes] [Onsen]
Sparky.SP: 80 HP [OmniShoes] [Onsen]
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP [Onsen]

-- Terrain --
75% Onsen
  • Aqua Elementals gain 3 HP/action partially or fully submerged, Non-Aqua Elementals only when partially submerged.
  • If any Sea Terrain exists in an adjacent panel, Onsen panels will change to Sea Terrain, except in Yoka (Sea will convert to Onsen).
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
  • Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Aqua + Blast1 Blind.
[Lake]
15% Coal
  • Fire Elementals gain +20 Strengthen/turn, but must be allocated to Fire Element attacks only. Any Coal Strengthen vanishes after moving off of it.
  • Non-Fire Elementals get Burn (5 Fire/action for 1 turn or until cured) the turn after they come into contact with Coal Terrain.
  • 100 Damage Aqua attacks: Change terrain hit to Soil.
  • 100 Damage Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to to Lava.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Fire.
[Dam] [North-East]
10% Sea
  • Fire Elementals lose 10 HP/action standing, 20 HP/action submerged. Other Non-Aqua Elementals lose 5 HP/action submerged. Nullified for Aqua Elementals.
  • Ice attacks: 50% Freeze1 chance, Changes terrain hit to Ice.
  • Terrain changes between Sea and Onsen do not inflict damage upon submerged entities, nor do they eject submerged entities to the surface.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Aqua.
[Little stream after the Coal, flowing North-East]

-- Objects --
BMD: 40 HP [Coal] [Between CannonDumb2 and RareWindBox]

-- Rogue Battle 1 Ready? Start!! --
"That's quite a few of them... Heh, I feel like there's a lot more than we bargained for," said Eternalis. Looking over towards Lyntael, he could see that she was looking a little testy about the whole idea now. While he wasn't completely against the idea of matching the bumrushing viruses across the lake by himself, having to assist Lyntael at the same time was a little more daunting.

"Let's keep them from getting too close first," said Harke, slotting in one of his most reliable chips. Feeling more at ease now that he was doing nothing but operating, the menu for the chip selection went by smoothly, and his Navi quickly received the chip. Eternalis extended his good arm out, and caused a large blob to form in his palm. A small funnel-shaped hole formed in the blob's side, and he tossed it behind them, where it extended up into a long vertical pole with the blob pointing forward towards the viruses; it looked rather like a speaker on a thin pole.

Shortly after, it then started to play something. It sounded much like a pair of war drums, playing the thumping beats of a war march. As if gripped by the music, all the Navis felt as if their chests started to tighten slightly, giving them a slightly delayed recovery effect. The viruses would feel the same tightening feeling, except much more amplified, giving them the negative effect of immobilizing them on the spot instead.

Meanwhile, Aurora lowered Sparky onto the water. "Sparky, board mode," she said. The pup responded with a pointed bark before being enveloped in a beam of light, transforming into his previously showcased hoverboard mode. It floated above the water silently, creating little ripples in the water as Sparky's head twisted itself up at Aurora, who mounted the board quickly.

With the background music set, Eternalis cocked his head over towards the one spearheading the charge--the WindBox up on the dam. "I'm going to take care of the ones on that dam over there. You two can take care of the ones here. Harke, I'm counting on you," said Eternalis, before he hopped into the air, and vanished.

As she watched Eternalis head off, Aurora turned towards the floating video feed screen. "DollThunder for me, Harke?" she said, to which the operator replied with a quick "On its way." She then turned towards Lyntael, and grinned. "Alright, now I get to show off a little," she said. The chip's power began to infuse itself into her, causing the orange lines on her arms to light up, while Sparky assisted her by looking out for incoming attacks to evade. Bringing her arms up in front of her, they began to emit little crackles of stray electricity as well, almost ready to attack.

On the other side, Eternalis re-materialized behind the black WindBox variant, with a crackling ball of lightning in his own hand. At the same moment, Aurora had aligned herself as best as she could with the viral group on the lake with Sparky's help, and threw her hands forward simultaneously with Eternalis. Thunder crackled out from two points on the field, with Aurora's taking on the form of an impressive lightning bolt, while Eternalis's was a much more condensed, but very bright lightning ball.

"Katana, StepSword!" Eternalis's sharp calls came from the lightning ball's overbearing illumination, which was matched by Harke's quick operation. When the light receded slightly, Eternalis's form had changed into a light purple color, wielding a gleaming green slime-sword on his unstable side. His head morphed into a more human-like form, with what looked like a head of slimy hair, flanked by a pair of green earpieces. His few pieces of armor had already changed into a deep purple as well. As the transformation ended, he dashed forward towards the pair of stationary viruses, his speed suddenly increased by an order of magnitude. The Katana data in his sword-arm activated quickly, allowing him to execute a quick series of two slashes across their rear, making sure that his slashes didn't accidentally connect with the gleaming data crystal nestled between them.

However, his run didn't end at the Cannondumb, as he appeared to dash right through it. This was, however, merely an illusion from the instant teleportation granted by the StepSword, with a quick bisecting slash executed towards the Elewasp hovering in the air. The sword's energy kicked him back in the air briefly, before he began to plummet towards the ground.

// Summary (Sparky: Model K-9.GMO)
[Et.1] Chip: TimpaniHP: 50
Properties: Heavy
Object Damage: 50 + Impact
Damage Method: Throw, Telekinesis
Status Effect: Hold + To-All-Clause(Enemies)
Accuracy: S
Description: Stops all enemies from moving with a powerful sonic wave.
Duration: 1 turn or until destroyed.
Trader Rank: C
: 50HP Heavy Object, 1-Turn: Hold + To-All-Enemy (Acc: S) @ Behind Self
[Ar.1] Act: Equip @ Sparky
[Sk.1] Act: Evade incoming attack: Dodge (High Gear: 60% Evasion)

[Et.2] Sig: Rapid Sublimation: Teleport @ Behind RareWindBox onto Sea
[Ar.2] Act: Take Aim
[Sk.2] Act: Move into best position to line up viruses: Movement (Overclock/High Gear: 60% Evasion)

[Et.3] Chip: Arrow2Damage: 130 + Homing
Accuracy: B
Description: Summons an Elewasp virus, and sends it flying at an enemy. The Elewasp is tenacious, and will hunt down its prey. It vanishes after stinging it's target, or after two turns.
Duration: Once
: 130 + Homing (Acc: B) @ RareWindBox (Teleport: Acc+)
[Ar.3] Chip: DollThunder1Damage: 80 + Line-Attack5
Description: Fires a powerful bolt of lightning that pierces through objects and enemies alike.
Trader Rank: D
: 80 + Line-Attack5 (Acc: B) @ Magmacker/Teddy2/Hurricane/Heavier/Karma (Same-Element: Elec+15, Onsen: Elec+95, Take Aim: Acc+)

[Et.4] Soul Cross: Rhea Lv3: Change to Null/Sword, +20 to Null, +40HP, +1 Action/Cap 7
[Et.5] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
Description: Creates a long metal blade with exceptional cutting speed. Hits with a wide slash, then a long slash in the span of a single action, hitting 3 and 2 targets, respectively. Only one target can be hit with both slashes. Rare
Duration: Until Overridden/Broken. Breaks automatically after 2 uses.
Trader Rank: B
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ RareWindBox (Cross: Null+20 @ Hit#1, Sword Mastery: Acc+, Use 1/2)
[Et.6] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
Description: Creates a long metal blade with exceptional cutting speed. Hits with a wide slash, then a long slash in the span of a single action, hitting 3 and 2 targets, respectively. Only one target can be hit with both slashes. Rare
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ CannonDumb2 (Cross: Null+20 @ Hit#1, Sword Mastery: Acc+, Use 2/2)
[Et.7] Chip: StepSwordDamage: 120 + Slashing + Wide Attack + Teleport
Accuracy: S for primary target, A for additional targets.
Description: The user warps in front of an enemy, then swings with a strong sword. Can hit up to 3 targets with good RP. Rare
Duration: Once.
Special: Teleport: When RP Quality is excellent, this attack also counts as a free dodge.
: 120 + Slashing + Wide Attack + Teleport (Acc: S for primary target, A for additional targets.) @ Elewasp (Cross: Null+20, Sword Mastery: Acc+)
[Et.*] Act: Sword energy kickback: Swordplay Dodge

[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20x2 @ Aurora, Sparky, Lyntael
Lyntael let her steps draw her back, from between her companions to behind them instead, while they quickly made battle plans to face the on-rushing viruses. She still found it enviable how smoothly and well the two of them worked together, and how calm in the face of danger they both remained. As the duo exchanged directives, Lyntael nodded in silence, trying not to feel like a child amongst adults, and swallowed her burgeoning nerves as best she could.

A moment later, Eternalis was gone, warping away to engage some of the foes and leaving Lyntael to huddle slightly behind Aurora. She tried a smile while the other woman gave her some simpler instructions and some reassurance for added good measure, but her eyes were drawn away, up toward the hornet that was bearing down from above. Lingering memories of her last trip to Yoka surfaced and she felt her fingers clench with nerves. she'd never heard form Ion again, and hadn't had a chance to visit the centre he'd given her a card for... but the thoughts of the insects she'd last seen in this net overshadowed that.

During the first few moments of tense energy build and distraction, while Lyntael tried to drag her focus back to the danger at hand right now, She felt herself go stiff suddenly, eyes wide as Aurora unleashed and attack that Lyntael felt certain put anything she could attempt to shame. She managed to peek up and across at the other woman, but sure enough, there was no sign at all that the bolt had caused Aurora even the slightest difficulty or strain, as far as she cold see. Lyntael took a longer breath, nodding and looking forward again to see what remained.

For her own part, she was trying to focus on keeping her other natural reactions in check and closed her eyes briefly, lifting her hands palms out as she did to channel some of the build towards the formation of her barrier; she felt a little bit proud of herself, in this at least... this was something that she had more or less worked out now, and understood, and she could usually do it when she tried, and she was sure she was getting better at it as well. This time the pulse of energy that welled out from her core formed strong and sure, though it made her limbs tingle more than ever as it drew its stabilising charge from them to balance her out. At least it made it easy enough for her to hold in her regular pulses of electricity; she held those back, but even so stepped away from Aurora a little way, until she felt she was outside of the range that the fall-off might reach her friend.

Unsure what else to do, Lyntael looked around at Aurora and then forward to where Eternalis zipped about the combat; something about the dull music was affecting the enemies, though she couldn't' quite understand how yet. More unconsciously than anything else, one foot slid backward and her hands rested into a combat stance. She could feel the build in her wrists and ankles, humming at charge now and she was as ready as she thought she could be to defend herself if any of the remainder came her way, but as much as she still wanted to do her best to be helpful, this was a dangerous net, and the others had warned her not to rush in, so she waited, focused instead on keeping her breathing and her charge steady.

Any viruses that did make it through to approach before the strange music took hold would receive a series of strikes from the smaller woman; martial forms that flowed with more of a dancer's grace than solid combat style, and drawn more from unconscious instinct than planned movements... but each resulting in a strong burst of electrical discharge that spread out an back in continuing waves from her initial contact points. She only actually moved if anything came right to her, however; nerves and caution held her back, otherwise as her eyes darted and her toes flexed and curled on the smooth stones, looking for things she needed to avoid.

Summary

L*) Subtype Ability: Gust (All Knock-back and Pull effects are amplified, and attacks containing them gain Wind-Type)
L1) Dodge (Ducking back behind and to the side of Aurora as she takes the lead)
L2) Buster Charge (Unconscious tension build-up)
L3) My Heart Falters (80Elec Barrier, Buster Charge, Off-Target1)(Overcharge -2)
L4) Dodge (Moving off to the side, slightly away from Aurora, out of her Nova range)
L5) My Fear Rejected (30Elec, Knockback, Spread2, Break, Shot-Type, Charge Burner1)(Overcharge +3)(At the first target to come into melee range of her; if none do, this action doesn't happen (Call it a dodge I guess) Spread is a backward 'v')
L*) Passive: A Manifest Spirit (15Elec, Nova2, A)(Overcharge-1)(Undirected)
L6) My Thoughts Collected (30Elec, Knockback, Spread2, Impact, Shot-Type, Charge Burner1)(Overcharge +3)(At the same target or the next to come into melee range of her; if none do, this action doesn't happen. Spread is also a backward 'v')

Cooldowns and Overcharge

My Heart Falters: 3TCD
My Fear Rejected: 3TCD (if it happens)
My Thoughts Collected: 3TCD (if it happens)

Overcharge: Begin: 0, Heart Falters -2, Fear Rejected +3, Manifest Spirit -1, Thoughts Collected +3, End: +5 OR 0

Eternalis tossed a speaker!blob behind him. Sparky turned into a hoverboard and Aurora got onboard. And Lyntael moved behind Aurora. It was at that time that the slow Magmacker lobbed a MagBomb at the huddled group. Suprisingly, the very innacurate attack was extremely accurate, and the explosion enveloped all four navis. Also surprisingly, all but Aurora managed to dodge it, also the Timpani was not touched. The electrical explosion stung quite hard on the Onsen, leaving Aurora's health almost at critical levels. The Timpani blared its discordant note across the viruses, causing sickness amongst them.

Eternalis teleported behind the RareWindBox. Aurora took aim, while Sparky moved into the best postion to line up the viruses Aurora was aiming at. And Lyntael unconsciously charged her electrical energy.

Eternalis launched a near point-blank electric attack on the RareWindBox, as Aurora lanced a lightning bolt at a group of the enemy. Lyntael charges more energy as she makes an electrically charged barrier around her. At the same time, the Magmacker launched another MagBomb at Aurora, Sparky, and Lyntael. Also the Elewasp dived on the wounded Aurora. The RareWindBox was obliterated by the combination teleport + elecrtricity + Onsen combo. The wind ended immediately, giving Aurora clear skies for her flamethrower-like weapon. She manages to strike the Magmacker, Teddy2, and the Karma, laying all three of them out in the water. The MagBomb smashed into Aurora again as the Magmacker sunk beneath the waves, missing the rest of the huddled group. Thankfully, her UnderShirt saved her from being subject to emergency ejected. However, the following electric sting from the Elewasp takes her out. She vanishes quickly in a beam of light.

Before they could grieve, a targeting beam comes from the CannonDumb2 and marks Sparky for termination. Eternalis goes RheaCross and Lyntael dodges off to the side, out of close range with Sparky. The Heavier appears in a flash right next to Lyntael after she moved, shaking from side to side. But Lyntael dodges its attack.

Lyntael responds by blasting the virus with her electrical energy. The Heavier gets an amplified jolt from the Onsen that it stands in. The Heavier attacks back as Lyntael continues to send jolts through the water. Thankfully, the Heavier misses again, as Lyntael lands another jolt. It teleports back to its starting position afterward to lick its wounds. Rhealis equips a Katana2 and begins slashing at the nearby CannonDumb2, since the RareWindBox was deleted. Being careful not to hit the Mystery Data, he lands both sword hits on the immobile CannonDumb2, deleting it. The laser beam it was immiting towards Sparky dissipates, breaking the Target Lock. The Hurricane finally activates and rolls forward, launching a tornado at Lynatel. The tornado dances across the lake and strikes her once out of three rotations, only damaging the barrier slightly.

The Elewasp turns around from its spot above where Aurora used to sit, and hovering above Sparky, and rushes Lyntael with its harpoon-like stinger. The electrically sparking stinger stabs into the barrier, amplified by the Onsen, and pops it like a ballon. Thankfully, Lyntael was unharmed. Lyntael retaliates with a blast of electricity, striking the speedy Elewasp true and knocking it back a few feet. The Onsen once again shows its electric-conducting properties by the scorch marks on the Elewasp. Rhealis holds onto his sword and dodges due to lack of close enemies.

Rhealis teleports again, this time appearing near the Elewasp. The wounded insect is no match for the power of StepSword, and is bisected in two. Rhealis evades as the Hurricane rolls closer and releases another tornado. This one goes for Rhealis, but he dodges nimbly. But before it moves off the field, the tornado starts turning around to come back.

Rhealis heals Sparky and Lyntael, and with Aurora gone, himself as well. Thankfully, no one else was hurt, so it was quick. The Timpani blob disappears. And all remaining viruses on the field stop moving as if held captive by the power of the music.

-- Viruses --

CannonDumb viruses attack any targets in sight every action they are able to. They can and will attack objects, but only objects they can damage. They will not waste cannon fire on IronBody, Shadow, or Invisible targets. The exception is Canodumb DS, which will fire at anything with its DarkCannon's beam blasts. All CannonDumb viruses may opt to spend one action prior to attacking marking their opponent with target lock. They gain the 10% accuracy benefit of Take Aim against this opponent for any and all follow-on attacks until they lose sight of the target, or switch targets.

Secondary Attack Description: Marks an enemy within line of sight with a target lock that raises the accuracy of this virus by +1 Rank (10%) until the virus is forced to switch targets or loses sight of the marked target (they take cover).
: DELETED

All viruses in this family are immobile during combat, with the exception of being able to turn to face any direction it wishes. Later versions of this virus may switch between Wind and Fan effects, which requires one action, during which time all wind or fan effects cease. Bonuses and penalties do not stack if multiples of the same virus family exist on the field. Wind and Fan do not push or pull Objects, only creatures.

Attack Description: Causes a large scale gale of wind to blow across the entire field in the direction the virus is facing. This gale will constantly move all targets this virus considers to be enemies in the direction the wind is blowing, which makes it difficult to land many kinds of attacks on it and allied viruses, such as thrown attacks and close ranged attacks. All those affected by the wind will also have their barriers and auras blown off by a constant Northwind effect.
Special: Causes short ranged attacks, such as (but not limited to) swords, melee attacks, and flame thrower style weapons, to suffer from a 30% accuracy penalty against targets they are being pushed away from. Both sides of the engagement suffer a 30% accuracy penalty with direct attacks perpendicular to the direction of the wind, and all thrown attacks.
Special: Those allied with this virus may opt to take advantage of the wind to increase movement speed or evasion by going with the wind. They do not suffer any penalties, however. Conversely, anyone may move along with the wind to increase accuracy by 10% for close ranged attacks, assuming the target is in that direction.
Special: Northwind effect to all enemies once per virus action while maintaining wind effect.

Magneaker viruses move and dodge slowly. Magneakers attack by launching MagBombs by default. When there is a stunned enemy on the field, however, they will instead charge at the stunned opponent with surprising speed. They are quick to react to the presence of stunned enemies, and execute this attack with very little delay. The DashAttack counts as a dodge against opponents attacking from any angle except dead-on or from directly behind the Magneaker. Magneakers do not charge at un-stunned enemies, unless there is a stunned target in-line with them. Magneakers have Omnishoes while executing a charge attack.

Secondary Attack Description: When an enemy on the field is stunned, this virus will spin around to face them, and immediately fly at them at high speed for an opportunistic body-slam attack.
Special: Stopped by Object: Attack ceases execution when blocked by an Object. Attacks with this attribute also do not damage objects.
Teddy2Teddy2 (Teddy)

Special: Will only use its secondary attack if there is more than one enemy. Will only use its tertiary attack if there is an object capable of being thrown.

This family is an upgrade to the viruses found in MMBN. Unlike their game version counterparts, these roll around on four wheels. They are thus able to move and dodge. All of their attacks have the Wind Type attribute, and thus deal extra damage and other added effects when used on Sand and Snow terrain. The viruses themselves are not able to summon this terrain, however. Their secondary attack is mainly used to counter Object chips or creatures that are closing in to attack them.

Primary Attack Description: Creates a tornado that chases the target. This attack is Wind Type.
Secondary Attack Description: Shoots a single target with a concentrated blast of air that is virtually guaranteed to send them flying. This attack is Wind Type.
Special: Wind Type: This Attack counts as Wind Type for the purposes of Wind triggered effects, such as traps and terrain.
: 180 HP [Onsen] [Hold1]
HeavierHeavier (Heavy)

Heavy viruses move slowly, and only dodge when they attack. When a Heavy attacks, it teleports to a position to the left or right of the intended target, and proceeds to try to ram the target with a quick sideways motion. The number of times it will consecutively attempt to ram the target before teleporting back to its starting position depends entirely on the number of actions the virus has. Teleporting before and after the attack do not require an action. Movement and attacking are one and the same to this virus, thus even a non-attack collision with it is damaging.

Attack Description: Teleports into enemy area, shakes side to side, and slams into everything in it's path. Can attack up to 3 enemies at once.
: 38 HP [Onsen] [Hold1]
KarmaKarma (Dharma)

Dharma move and dodge at average speed. Their puck attacks rebound off of the edges of the battlefield as if there were an invisible wall there. They can rebound up to 3 times before finally passing off of the field or dissipating into thin air. The pucks pass through anything they hit except boundary walls, terrain, and friendly viruses. The pucks can not damage other Dharmas. This virus cannot attack while moving.

ElewaspElewasp (Elebee)

Elebee viruses move and dodge at a high rate of speed, and they are fully flight capable. Elebee viruses attack by flying at their target at high speed, and delivering an electric sting. This type of virus may opt to stop short of the target, and veer sharply in a new direction to avoid an attack. This requires the expenditure of a second action, but occurs very rapidly regardless. Movement and attacking are one and the same with regards to this virus, thus physical contact with them causes damage. Elebees can see through Invis.

-- Navis --
Rhealis.EXE: 600 HP [Onsen] [ Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
: 1/2 Uses Remaining] [One tornado homing in!]
Aurora.EXE: EJO
Sparky.SP: 80 HP [OmniShoes] [Onsen] [Target Lock: Broken!]
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP [Onsen] [Buster Charges Created: 2; Used: 2; Remaining: 0] [Off-Target1] [Elec Barrier: Broken!]

-- Terrain --
75% Onsen
  • Aqua Elementals gain 3 HP/action partially or fully submerged, Non-Aqua Elementals only when partially submerged.
  • If any Sea Terrain exists in an adjacent panel, Onsen panels will change to Sea Terrain, except in Yoka (Sea will convert to Onsen).
[Lake]
15% Coal
  • Fire Elementals gain +20 Strengthen/turn, but must be allocated to Fire Element attacks only. Any Coal Strengthen vanishes after moving off of it.
  • Non-Fire Elementals get Burn (5 Fire/action for 1 turn or until cured) the turn after they come into contact with Coal Terrain.
[Dam] [North-East]
10% Sea
  • Fire Elementals lose 10 HP/action standing, 20 HP/action submerged. Other Non-Aqua Elementals lose 5 HP/action submerged. Nullified for Aqua Elementals.

-- Objects --
BMD: 40 HP [Coal]
Timpani: Ended!
With his rider suddenly taken away from him, Sparky immediately shifted back to puppy form, and "skidded" to a halt in mid-air. He looked around in confusion, before noticing Lyntael on the side. Suddenly, Lyntael would find the pup at her feet, running circles around them before standing in front of her in a ready stance, looking out towards the actively fighting Eternalis and the two viruses remaining. Behind the two, the musical blob melted away, though not before it petered out a few last tones that were weak enough to provide a bit more healing to the rest of the crew. The lilting jingle was not all that much to immobilize the remaining viruses any further than they already were, however.

Consumed with the fervor of battle, Eternalis didn't notice their absence of a team member, and continued to focus on the remaining stragglers among the viruses. The tornado that the Hurricane machine-virus had generated was no match for him as he pointed his swordless arm at it. The green machine mounted on his arm began to shift about, before a burst of air was suddenly expelled at it with a resounding thump.

The airburst pushed him out towards the source of the attack as well, and his sword glowed brightly once more with its emerald shine. As it danced in flashy horizontal strokes and pinpoint stabs, it left trails of beautiful green tracing his slashes through the air. His purple slime body's appearance wavered momentarily as he dashed about the Heavier next, with his sword glowing a bright red. The finale of the sword dance was a heavy downwards strike that shook the earth and splashed about a great deal of the warm spring waters. At the end, Eternalis was left frozen in the middle of the field, while the red light of his sword-arm receded back to its previous green color.

// Summary

[Sk.1] Act: Run over to Lyntael: Movement (Overclock/High Gear: Eva=60%)
[Sk.2] Act: Evade incoming attack: Dodge (High Gear: Eva=60%)

[Et.1] Cross-Sig: Kinetic Generator A: Microburst @ Homing Tornado
[Et.2] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ Hurricane (Cross: Null+20 @ Hit#1, Sword Mastery: Acc+, Use 1/2)
[Et.3] Chip: Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack) (Acc: B) @ Heavier (Cross: Null+20 @ Hit#1, Sword Mastery: Acc+, Use 2/2)
[Et.*] Act: Sidestep incoming attack: Swordplay Dodge
[Et.4] Cross-Sig: Bit Crasher: Null 60 + Break/Slashing/Impact/Seeking + Self-Slow1 @ Heavier (Sword Mastery: Acc+)
[Et.5-7] Act: Do nothing: RP

[Et.*] Sig: Influx Aegis: Support Base Heal 20x3 Sparky/Lyntael
The opening seconds of the conflict flashed past quickly, and in one moment Lyntael was still watching on as Aurora flashed her a grin an started attacking... the next... A panicked duck away from one explosive and a scramble from the next saw Lyntael getting to her feet again just in time to see Aurora stagger. More foes crowded in and she did her best to avoid them, lashing out and feeling the charge flow through her strikers and rebuild hot and sharp through her body. It wasn't as terrible as it might have been for her once, she knew, despite the spreading shockwaves of energy the rippled out from her efforts to shove her assailants away, but she was distracted from any under-lying thoughts as the all too swift wasp virus swooped down.

"Aurora! Look—" She reached out a hand, taking two steps at a run back towards her friend, trying to call out, but it happened far faster than she could do anything about. The sight filled her vision as everything else fall away on a background of suddenly numb horror, and the alarmed shout died in her mouth. That couldn't... that couldn't have happened, it couldn't be real. Her mind groped for another answer that made sense, then jolted back to the moment as her knee struck the rock bed in the Onsen pool hard and she splashed down. Her brain had forgotten she was running.

She pushed up again, dripping, her eyes still wide and denying comprehension. Memories of earlier times had already overlaid themselves across her perception, the same thing happening again, only far more dire this time, and still she couldn't do anything. Her body strained with charge, full to bursting with a feeling that she wasn't really processing; sparks radiated from her, snapping across her skin in rapid masses that clustered at her strikers then speak out across her body again. The wasp was turning towards her. It moved again, its stinger coming in sharp to the right side of her chest; the barrier gave, robbing the attack of its force, but as the recoil of its collapse rippled back through her the girl still felt the breath-stealing sensation of it piercing her.

When she lashed out with the arm that hadn't wrapped in about her by reflex, the strike was wild and unfocused. The energy flow drained out and cycled up with barely a pause as the sparks lacing her skin swelled in density. Even so, she waved away, fending with the open hand as the insect was blown back, a fresh barrier springing up almost immediately, though it wasn't nearly as stable as the first.

"You... you can't just... It's not, not fair that you..." Her footing stabilised as she struggled to contain the sense of burning that had taken hold of her emotional reaction and hijacked it to a blistering surge through her body. Parts of the feeling were familiar, but so much worse than ever before now. She was trying to focus her wavering sight on the hornet that was once again trying to harm and destroy her friends; her eyes stung with painful tears that snapped and sparked as they escaped. A small bark nearby her didn't make it through her disoriented senses as smaller waves of electricity cascaded from her in a vain effort to regulate.

She reached out towards the wasp, teeth grit and bared in an expression that had only crossed her features once or twice in her short life. Winds curled out from her reaching and circling towards the focus of her vision, but as both of her hands lifted up to reach out something else flashed across her vision. Rather, it was a sensory realisation, slightly delayed, of Eternalis there one moment and gone the next, cutting the insect from the air and moving on, still focused on the battle. The reverie broke, piece by piece and Lyntael managed to pull her thoughts back to the present enough to see the remaining viruses, Eternalis still fighting, and Sparky nearby.

"Ah! Sparky, no... get... get away!" She scrambled a few paces away from the pup's eagerness, but her body felt sluggish, the over-full burning still consuming her as it pressed for release. she staggered down to a knee, hunching, before she managed to look up and focus on something, anything that was still trying to hurt them. She put her hands out, wincing, and with a brief magnetising snap her wrists locked together, and the release began. She'd felt the torrent of energy that poured through her when this happened a few times now, but never had it ever been the aggressive or all-consuming. Drawn by the force her arms strained forward, and she was sure she felt her muscles and skin screaming from the over-exposure. The electrical bolt emerged as a solid bar of white hot lightning, crossing the gap between her and hurricane virus, the one she had clearest vision of, up until the point that the pain and brightness of the release forced her to shut her eyes in a tight wince as she cried out.

Excess sparks and bolts arced off her body and grounded into the waters around her as the majority of the charge spent itself. By the time the bolt faded from sight, Lyntael felt her hands hit the water's surface as she over-balanced, then caught herself, panting for air. Smaller parks continued to scatter into the water as she felt her inner charge swiftly rebuilding from the over-drained state, and despite the overbearing force that that expenditure had borne on her, Lyntael pushed herself up to her feet again with only a little bit of sway. It had been a worse burn than any expenditure had ever caused her, but at the same time... she wasn't nearly as exhausted form it as it normally left her. Her heart still raced furiously, aching for what she'd just seen and she began looking around to for Eternalis and Sparky, breath shuddering as she fought back quiet sobs.

Summary

L*) Subtype Ability: Gust (All Knock-back and Pull effects are amplified, and attacks containing them gain Wind-Type)
L1) My Pain is Real (Self-Slow2, Counter(When Hit): 40Elec, Knockback, Nova3, A)(Overcharge +1 on Set, +2 on Trigger)
L2) Buster Charge
L3) And Beats Anew (50Elec Barrier, Buster Charge, Off-Target1)(Overcharge -1)
L*) Passive: A Manifest Spirit (15Elec, Nova2, A (->B for Off-Target))(Overcharge-1)(Undirected)
L4) Dodge
L5) Move away from Sparky
L6) My Anger Directed (Take Aim, 180Elec, Knockback, Break, Impact, Slashing Shot-type, Charge-Burner 2, A (->B for Off-Target) @ Hurricane (Overcharge +6)

Cooldowns and Overcharge

My Pain is Real: 3TCD
My Heart Falters: 2TCD
And Beats Anew: 3TCD
My Fear Rejected: 2TCD
My Thoughts Collected: 2TCD
My Anger Directed: 6TCD

Overcharge: Begin: +5, My Pain is Real (Set) +1, And Beats Anew -1, Manifest Spirit -1, My Anger Directed +6, End: +10

The Hurricane and Heavier didn't act until Action Count 5+. By the end of Action Count 4, both were deleted. The homing tornado was evaded by Rhealis's Microburst-powered dodge.

-- Viruses --

Teddy2Teddy2 (Teddy)

HeavierHeavier (Heavy)

KarmaKarma (Dharma)

ElewaspElewasp (Elebee)

-- Navis --
Rhealis.EXE: 600 HP [Onsen] [ Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
#1: 1/2 Uses Remaining] [ Katana2Damage: (80 + Slashing + Wide Attack) Then (80 + Slashing + Long Attack)
#2: 0/2 Uses Remaining; Broken!]
Aurora.EXE: EJO
Sparky.SP: 80 HP [OmniShoes] [Onsen]
Lyntael.EXE: 150 HP [Onsen] [Buster Charges Created: 1; Used: 0; Remaining: 1] [Off-Target1] [Counter(When Hit): My Pain is Real] [Slow2] [50 HP Elec Barrier]

-- Terrain --
75% Onsen
[Lake]
15% Coal
[Dam] [North-East]
10% Sea

-- Objects --
BMD: 40 HP [Coal]

-- Rogue Battle 1 Victory!! --
Rewards
Rhealis: 1,800z, AirShot2Damage: 80 + Microburst
Accuracy: A
Description: A buster-like gun that shoots a bullet of compressed air, sending whatever it hits flying.
Special: Wind Type: This chip counts as Wind Type for the purposes of Wind triggered effects, such as traps and terrain.
, 33 BugFrags, 5 FXP (3 base x 1.5 Rogue).
Lyntael: 1,800z, Shake2Damage: 110 + Wide Attack + Break
Accuracy: C
Description: Throws a dumbbell that slides through enemy lines for two turns. Can hit up to three enemies twice, second time having a 50% chance of hitting.
Duration: Two turns
, 33 BugFrags, 5 FXP (3 base x 1.5 Rogue) +1 Karma Bounty.

OPEN BMD: Y/N?

[Z > 1845, BF > 149, ExF > 11, LynFXP > 156.]

The sound of Harke's keyboard could be heard throughout the room as soon as he saw Aurora's Emergency Jack Out trigger, ready to run any data checks on her. Fortunately, it seemed like she was simply knocked out by the attack, and that she had to recover by herself. For the moment, he was more worried about those that remained behind--Lyntael in particular, as she seemed to have destabilized in the middle of an attack. He wondered whether letting the Navi have her own way was a prudent decision. However, before he could call out to Eternalis to ask him to check on their busting partner, he saw that the Navi was already running towards her, and decided to keep mum for the moment.

Sparky leapt backwards instinctively as Lyntael's charge threatened to hurt him. Thankfully, his extreme speed also applied to his reflexes, and he managed to escape the errant bolt that Lyntael spat out, before Eternalis ran past him towards the Navi, already morphing back to his original blue self as the battle routine came to an end. Unlike Aurora's behavior before, however, he was quick to keep his distance, and only called out to her. "Lyntael! Hey, are you all right?" he said, as Sparky ran up to hide behind his legs. Something about the whole deal felt strange to him as he hesitantly wondered whether he should approach the girl; it took him a couple of moments to realize the anomaly.

"... Where's Aurora?" he asked, looking around in confusion. He had left her to take care of the girl, and so expected her to be first at the scene--but there was no sign of the Support Program.

The video feed that Aurora had open then came to life next to him, and Harke's face turned up in the screen. "She got attacked earlier and triggered the Emergency Jack Out. She's fine, just needs to recover, but I'd be more worried about our friend," said Harke, the worried expression on his face also mirroring itself on Eternalis.

Meanwhile, Sparky poked his head out from behind Eternalis's legs, watching the scene unfold. He saw what had happened with Lyntael earlier in the Sharo network, and his little canine head went to work on how to make it better. Sparky's head darted around to look around the area, and saw a spinning blue crystal floating a little further out. A small bit of puppy logic prompted him to dash over--perhaps the shiny thing could placate the girl somehow, he knew they often contained things that made his masters happy. As the little one approached the Mystery Data, it began to decrypt itself from his proximity...

[Open BMD.]
Lyntael's fingers twitched and stiffened from the tapering jolts while the rest of her muscles trembled. She swayed slightly on her feet, blinking to try and clear her sight from the painful sting and the blinded spots of light saturation swimming across them. She heaved a breath, choking back a sob that came from a mix of the discomfort and the lingering distress over what she'd seen. For a few more moments she simply stood, holding onto her balance while her body crackled and her hair snapped, looking around for anything else that was a threatening danger, until Eternalis' voice drew her attention and she turned her head, looking towards him.

For the first moment or two as she looked his way, Eternalis got a glimpse of a mostly blank expression, mouth part open as she panted and her eyes covered over by a white and yellow static wash, and short tear tracks that were still working their way down her cheeks. It lasted only a moment, before she put both hands up to cover her face and take a few more breaths, scrubbing at her eyes. When she looked up again, the obscuring sparks were gone, showing green eyes again that searched him and sparky both, wide and tense.

"I... she... I couldn't, couldn't stop it in time... I couldn't help... She was just there, and then.... I Couldn't help, I was just..." She stopped herself, trying to hold a breath for a few extra moments and calm down before she lost what little composure she had. Intermittent spark waves filtered off her body every few seconds into the surrounding water. "This is all wrong. It's my fault... You both work so perfectly together, and, and you're so capable... but she had to stay with me, and... and I couldn't... I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I don't know what to do..."

As she rambled, gasping short breaths in between and swallowing to prevent herself choking up, the more methodical parts of her mind were getting themselves in order, an she realised that what had happened to Aurora wouldn't have been anywhere near as permanent as if it had happened to her. The light beam confirmed that, and she focused on that particular flash of memory to try and reassure herself while she watched Eternalis to follow his lead on the situation; even if Aurora was fine, her own guilt was overwhelming enough right now that she fully intended to follow whatever the other navi asked of her without protest.

Elsewhere, she was unaware of Sparky's actions, focused on her other companion as she was, head dropping as her hands clasped worriedly in front of herself at her waist.

((OOC; confirming open MD))
The BMD opened to reveal...

A battlechip and some zenny!

Rewards
Eternalis: ElecReel2Damage: 100 + Spread 3 (Side + Behind)
Description: A small bolt of lightning that spreads sideways and behind the target upon impact.

Lyntael: 4,500z

Eternalis was taken aback briefly when a static-ridden blur covered the girl's eyes, but it quickly vanished to give way to a crying girl. He turned towards Harke, who seemed to be just as worried about the situation as he was. Before he could open his mouth, however, a smaller text message appeared beneath the young man's face,designated clearly as only visible to him. "We should get her back to her PET. At the very least, we should get her to safety before anything else. You're strong enough to survive here, but she doesn't seem up to it right now," the message said, its source clearly looking him in the eye through the video feed. Eternalis nodded subtly in response, and turned his attention towards Lyntael. His mind recalled the electrical storm that she often emitted; he was reminded of the small jolts that Aurora would give him occasionally in teasing. However, now that Aurora was gone for the moment, he had to step up to take her place. His hand clutched at his chest, where a small yellow light was beating from within his translucent body.

Elsewhere, further out across the lake, Sparky watched as the Mystery Data crystal spun about, and dispensed its contents. Thankfully, there was no Mimic to spook them this time around, but the pup was none the wiser, and picked up the materials carefully, and ran over to Eternalis. However, he stopped in his tracks as a bright yellow light began to consume his master, the immediate vicinity riddled with orange-hued electrical discharge as well. When the light receded, the figure Sparky saw was much shorter than before--almost an entire foot shorter. The slime had changed its hue from blue to light yellow, forming a young woman's body with a luminescent aura, as if mimicking the sun. Long hair flowed down to about half of her back, swirling about in a revolving helix in the rough shape of a large ponytail. The longer hair obscured Eternalis's emblem piece in the small of her back, which had changed its displayed icon slightly into an amalgamation of the Ezarith emblem and Lyntael's.

Lyntael herself would see Eternalis's new form extend her hand out to her with a new face--a face that looked so familiar that it would nag at her, yet it would not be a face of someone she had already seen before. Whether Lyntael would realize it or not, the face would be that of Aurora's, but also mixed in with her own features, creating what would look like a slightly older version of herself, but with Aurora's more mature-looking expressions. Eternalis reached out her hand to wipe a teary streak from her face, and smiled. "It's all right. Aurora's going to be okay, so don't cry, all right?" she said. The voice sounded much more different from the previous incarnation of Eternalis's Cross form as well; it sounded quite a bit older. "Let's head back to where you came from for now, okay? I think that's best for now. We're with you."

A small bark directed Eternalis's attention down to her feet. "Oh, Sparky! Thank you," said Eternalis, receiving part of the data crystal's contents from Sparky, while the pup also dropped some of it at Lyntael's feet. Suddenly, a dull growl of thunder could be heard in the skies. Eternalis raised her head up, and Sparky made a low rumbling sound. "That doesn't sound too good," Harke commented through the video feed window.

"... Yes, we should hurry," said Eternalis.

[Rogue Battle 2 - Ready.]
[NetNavi: Eternalis.EXE: 600HP / Undershirt. First turn's action 1 is reserved for LyntaelCross Lv3.]
[Sparky.SP: 80HP / Flight, Second Chance.]